Most Helpful Vanilla Hero Award: Dougal

Vanilla Isn’t My Favourite Flavour I prefer Chocolate Award: TJTrack99

Bloodhound/Clue-finder General Award: Hanged Man

Best Deny, Deny, Deny! Award: Machiabelly

Standing In The Shade, Throwing Shade Award: aquarian1

Most Enthusiastic Moustache Twirler Award: Jesse

Unboxing A New Deadly Power Award: The Crazed Spruce

Unluckiest Villain Who Wasn’t 100% Villain Award: SVNBob

It was great fun modding this game; thank you all for playing.

CP & Silver

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game everyone!  This was fun.  My first time as a villain and I was clueless.  But I am learning.  That said, I think it's funny that all the things I said were NOT clues pointing to me were in fact NOT clues pointing to me. Makes me worry for when I do the same kind of thing as a hero, I'll have to figure out a better way to defend myself.  It's not like heros know who all the other heroes are, right?  Last time I was a hero and I didn't.  Or does it vary by game?

• Love 4

Yay for the Heroes! And hats off to Silver and CP for an awesome game.

As was probably painfully obvious I had no idea what I was doing. It was lots of fun to play and hopefully I'll do better next time.

• Love 5

Good game, good game.

I can't believe how many clues were pointing at me, when I kept "finding" ones pointing to other Villains! I think as a group, we Villains didn't really know what we were doing -- we missed submitting a kill Night 1! So I'm glad we made it as long as we did...

• Love 4

I told you I didn't have much to do! Not that we seemed to need it...Heroes had the luck of the Irish this game! (Sorry, getting ready early for St. Patrick's Day!)

I am sad that I never got invited to stay at the inn :(

And for what it's worth...I do prefer chocolate! :D

• Love 4

• We noticed that a couple of people referred to this: Do you think you need a power to be ‘useful’ and/or proactive as a hero in mafia?

• Drogo – You knew Lisin was Xena and you knew all the other heroes also had that information; so, by constantly mentioning her in your list of ‘suspects’ were you not concerned that your fellow heroes would think you were a villain or even an sk?

• This one is for Lisin & Athena: We wondered why both of you never shared with your fellow heroes the information that you received from investigations (Lisin on Drogo and Athena on aquarian1) - both were villains? (Drogo due to being Framed).

• Villains, what made you decide to try to kill Drogo when – in our opinion - it was highly likely he would be protected on Night 3 given his ‘suspicious list’ post in the game thread?

• How well does everyone think the Celebrity power worked?

• Lisin, you used your lookout power on Lady Calypso on Night 3 and discovered that Jesse had visited her. Her visit to Lady Calypso could have been as a doctor, a bodyguard or any type of ability that reveals no information, but it appeared that when Jesse stated she had no specific information on anyone, that made you very suspicious of her. Was it because of her visit?

• We stopped putting clues in the Night stories after Night 1 because we felt that people generally don’t go back to the Night stories looking for clues. Was anyone bothered by having no clues in the Night stories?

That was a great game. Standing O for our gracious mods. And possibly record-breaking turnaround times on those stories!

Most of my posts about Lisin were including her with other low-liers.. it would be suspect if I wrote that yeswedo and TJ were being too quiet but left Lisin out of the equation. My last living post, well... that was an attempt to keep her safe since Jesse knew at that point that I had a good record so far of being correct and also trusted- and any Heroes would have known to disregard it. I was sort of hoping that Jesse would see that last analysis post (suspicious of Lis) and kill *me* that Night in an effort to make Lis look even more suspicious, thus getting Xena to the end of the game- which I think Joxer would have wanted. Sadly in my blind devotion I broke the cardinal rule!

I can't believe Lisin investigated me, saw that I was a "villain" and didn't throw me under a big old bus. Intuition? Or maybe she just hearts me the way I heart her.

Serious kudos to egavasc and HangedMan for some of the most clutch protection I've seen in my Mafia experience. You had my six and I'm grateful for it. :) I don't scroll down until I read the stories and the Eli healing was some kind of wonderful. Villains tried to kill me after the analysis because it was pretty effing dead-on, but they didn't count on such badass protectors.

I don’t think you need a power to contribute, I only used my power once and even then I wasn't sure if I was helping or hurting us. I liked the Celebrity player as a Hero, but it probably sucks as a Villain. ;) I didn't mind the Night stories sans clues, but I really liked multiple clues per Day story. And Twilight, let's keep that forever and ever.

That was a lot of fun.

• Love 3

I told you I didn't have much to do! Not that we seemed to need it...Heroes had the luck of the Irish this game! (Sorry, getting ready early for St. Patrick's Day!)

I am sad that I never got invited to stay at the inn :(

And for what it's worth...I do prefer chocolate! :D

You know for whom it really sucks?  Everyone who was going to be staying at the Inn on the final night, the night that never fell.  Those folks were going to spend an evening shacked up with the Goddess of Love.  Just imagine what might have been....

Thanks very much to our mods... indeed, they did an amazing job turning those stories around!  I'll be honest, though... I'm an old Wonder Woman comics fan, and I never watched Xena, so I'm prone to reflexively interpreting Ares as evil... couple that with "Ironically, you are close to your brother Ares the god of war due to your opposing natures, which must remain in balance" in my PM, and I was reluctant to say much to SVNBob due to my being worried that he was a villain!  But, I had a great time nonetheless.

• Love 5

You think you had worries?  I was playing both sides!  Or at least I would have, if it weren't for that horse.  (Finally you got to kill me Biz.)

The concept of the Double Agent is great, but I was taken out too soon to know how it really plays.  But both my teams can verify that I didn't let anything on or violate the rules in anyway.  (At least, I don't think I did.  Besides, Mark apparently wouldn't have trusted me anyway, despite me being his Mason partner.)  I think it's worth trying again in a setting where a wild card character makes sense, but not a killing one like the SK.

Being one of the people not in the know about the Celebrity, I won't comment on that.

Regarding the powers/vanilla question:  I understand the frustration of not having anything active to do during Night phases, and having to rely on clues (if/when they can be found) and the conversations in the thread.  But I don't think it's necessary to have a power all the time.  Look back at the Whedonverse game.  Who determined that Drogo was Glory (was Ben)?  Me, a Vanilla Hero.  Besides, you gotta have some vanillas around so Villains can claim to be that.

Since I mentioned clues, it makes sense to not have clues in Night stories.  There's several posts in the other games about needing to go look back at the previous Night stories for the clues. Since during Night, we're not really concentrating on the story part of the game as much.  Powers are getting used, everyone (dead or alive) is drinking, and most relevantly, we can't talk about the game then.  So it's one less thing to look for and try to keep track of or backtrack on.

That said, I wouldn't push for a rule saying "No clues in Night stories."  Leave it to GM discretion to decide when they'll place clues, it at all.

As for the new game phase, could we use the term Dusk or Sunset in future?  Drogo posted a picture once that explains my disdain for the other term.

On another note, egavasc, if you need time to get your game prepped, I can run rounds of One Night Werewolf if needed and desired by everyone else.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 5

Thanks for the protection Biz, much appreciated. :)

Drogo, I was confused by the amount of shade you were throwing at Lisin, since you had pretty much come right out and said you were Joxer. I thought I had figured out your brilliant plan:

1) Accuse Lisin of being bad.

2) Heroes know not to do anything about it.

3) So, anyone who picks up on it too much is then a villain, and outed to all the heroes.

That's even more violating the spirit of the Celebrity rule than what you actually did, but if it had worked, might have even been worth it....

Then I thought: "hmm, Xena does turn evil all the time, and we know Lisin is Xena, but we don't actually know if she's a hero, do we? What if he knows something about that?" That could have been super-cool but very hard to pull off, since any sign that Xena's turned bad in the story and most people know who to DL.

Celebrity in general I think was really interesting, but the whole knowing information you're not allowed to talk about thing is complicated.

About powers: getting the original role PM and finding out you're a vanilla hero is pretty disappointing, at least to me. Most powers probably don't actually make that much of a difference to how the game goes, and obviously the game can still be fun – this one definitely was – but having an interesting power or especially being a villain just makes the prospect of it much more interesting I think, and makes me more excited to get into the game.

I agree that having multiple Day clues in place of Night clues is totally fine. And I really liked Twilight, not only because Spruce's power was super cool but also because it lessens the pressure of "let's not put this vote through get so we have time to talk."

• Love 4

Being one of the people not in the know about the Celebrity, I won't comment on that.

That was another thing that made me concerned about SVNBob: I was specifically told via PM that I was not to discuss the Celebrity with Ares.  Why would that warning be necessary?  If he were evil.  And, yes, I was starting to wonder about Drogo once he started in about Lis.

I liked the celebrity idea, but it strikes me as something that should be used sparingly; if it's not a surprise that one's in the game because "everybody's doing it," then the villains will be quicker to come up with a way to counter it.  I liked the Twilight dynamic as well (NO SPARKLING!  YEAH, YOU!).

I'd be up for One Night Werewolf.

• Love 4

Great game mods! it was a lot of fun.

To those people who were not invited to the inn, at the beginning I wanted to be very cautious about who I invited, since if I accidentally invited a villain they would freak out and start hunting for me. After a few days I started covering Lisin when I could and inviting a new people to see if they would accept and or decline and had night actions. Also since I had a protector power I laid low when it came to giving out clues as to who I was.

Oh yes and I can address this:

Dammit. Athena was someone I knew was a hero.
And too late to contribute to Day.

It's still Twilight, Hanged Man! You can still contribute!

Unless I have powers that have to be used during the day

I thought Twilight was a fantastic idea particularly when a DL happens really fast

I liked the Celebrity, it was an interesting twist but if the Heroes are clever enough they can set a trap that several villains could fall into per Dougal’s plan:

1) Accuse Celebrity of being bad.
3) So, anyone who picks up on it too much is then a villain, and outed to all the heroes.

I don't think you have to have powers to enjoy the game, I have a lot of fun sussing out clues and getting a spreadsheet made.

• Love 4

• We noticed that a couple of people referred to this: Do you think you need a power to be ‘useful’ and/or proactive as a hero in mafia?

• Drogo – You knew Lisin was Xena and you knew all the other heroes also had that information; so, by constantly mentioning her in your list of ‘suspects’ were you not concerned that your fellow heroes would think you were a villain or even an sk?

• This one is for Lisin & Athena: We wondered why both of you never shared with your fellow heroes the information that you received from investigations (Lisin on Drogo and Athena on aquarian1) - both were villains? (Drogo due to being Framed).

• Villains, what made you decide to try to kill Drogo when – in our opinion - it was highly likely he would be protected on Night 3 given his ‘suspicious list’ post in the game thread?

• How well does everyone think the Celebrity power worked?

• Lisin, you used your lookout power on Lady Calypso on Night 3 and discovered that Jesse had visited her. Her visit to Lady Calypso could have been as a doctor, a bodyguard or any type of ability that reveals no information, but it appeared that when Jesse stated she had no specific information on anyone, that made you very suspicious of her. Was it because of her visit?

• We stopped putting clues in the Night stories after Night 1 because we felt that people generally don’t go back to the Night stories looking for clues. Was anyone bothered by having no clues in the Night stories?

Having played a powerless hero and powerless villain before, I think having an ability helps you engaged with the game since it forces you to do some action even if it's a little thing. I don't think everyone needs powers nor do they have to happen every night/day/twilight.

Drogo's hint dropping about Lisin is why I investigated him. He was made more suspicious by the fact that the investigation did not go through, but I came around to him when he referenced my view on Joxer and listed his suspicions. He also trusted me. That helped.

As for Aquarian1, I was suspicious of her early on from the "sea" clues. When I found out, I don't think there was a huge lag between that before saoirse started the DL. I also am wary of starting DL's solely myself without finding clues (which I am bad at). I also suspected that I was going to be under suspicion or targeted by the villains once they realized I was an Investigator.

I liked the Celebrity aspect especially in a game from a show with an eponymous title.

• Love 3

Drogo – You knew Lisin was Xena and you knew all the other heroes also had that information; so, by constantly mentioning her in your list of ‘suspects’ were you not concerned that your fellow heroes would think you were a villain or even an sk?

Kind of.  I tried to cushion this with a lot of character references (ex: Mighty, moral center for Athena) but even then, the worst thing the Heroes could have done to me was DL me.  Then they would have seen I was a Hero, and maybe taken my analysis with more weight. 

I'm dying to know why Lisin didn't sell me out after that framed investigation. 

I stayed at HM's Inn so many times they put me in the Rewards program..  Now I get a free roast grouse at check-in. 

Drogo, I was confused by the amount of shade you were throwing at Lisin, since you had pretty much come right out and said you were Joxer. I thought I had figured out your brilliant plan:

1) Accuse Lisin of being bad.

I knew this was against the rules which is why I didn't go full-on Lisin-fingerpointing until that last Dusk (that's for Bob)- when Machiabelly had already been DL'd and it seemed like everyone already knew Jesse was our last Villain.  I knew the Heroes would know to disregard my fingerpointing, but maybe it would get Jesse to use her last kill on me-- or at least someone other than Lisin

For someone who hates Twilight, Bob, you sure like those werewolves...

p.s. I'm down.

• Love 5

On a personal note, Silver wrote all the stories herself.  I helped with the ideas (mainly the killing - heh) and helped with editing.  Silver was the one that brought life to the characters and made the story rich and engaging.

It was a pleasure working with you, Silver, and I can't wait to do it again.

• • Lisin, you used your lookout power on Lady Calypso on Night 3 and discovered that Jesse had visited her. Her visit to Lady Calypso could have been as a doctor, a bodyguard or any type of ability that reveals no information, but it appeared that when Jesse stated she had no specific information on anyone, that made you very suspicious of her. Was it because of her visit?

So... I really really really did suspect Drogo but, I couldn't find any clues I could use to point to him other than the Green Dragon stuff and I knew that a character named the Green Dragon couldn't possibly be a clue to an actual player because that would just not be fair...  I was worried if I came out and implied or said that I had reason to believe that he was a villain without any story back up it would out me as an investigator and make me a huge Night target to the villains, and I was really confused because he wasn't acting like a villain with his lists and voting etc. so I was thinking he was maybe recruitable or something that made him not know I was Xena... and then I did start thinking he was calling me out to protect me since he was never going really hard at me...  I didn't fully trust my result based on his actions in game. Though really and truly he was saved from me calling him out by the fact that other Heroes kept finding legit clues for villains and he kept being in on those DLs. If no one had found credible clues for other villains I would have started trying to pin stuff on him, I just didn't see an opportunity to do it and we kept actually finding villains and he kept being all in on those DLs so I was hesitant to mess with that.

Also I do heart him the way he hearts me ;)

As for my info on Jesse... my initial suspicion of Jesse really was gameplay based. It was what literally exactly what I said when I first started listing suspects, someone appearing to contribute without actually taking any sides or saying anything. I do realize that Heroes do this too, and I called out Heroes in my list not knowing anything.

Since it was Lady Calypso I had looked at that Night I actually didn't remember that Jesse had visited her until a day later. That's when I jumped and said I thought Jesse was lying, because I figured if I was wrong a believable defense would be given and I'd back down. I also stupidly thought it would be hard to make clues for the name Jesse which now I see is dumb and they were staring us in the face the whole time and we just didn't see them... but I did figure even if a DL didn't go through on Jesse, (which it didn't the first time) or if one did and I was wrong, my accusation and start of a DL would give the Heroes info based on who trusted me immediately and joined me. That first unsuccessful DL did give the Heroes some knowledge. FWIW I was going to protect MarkHB toNight had we not won since he was the first one to join my first Jesse DL. 

This was a GREAT game mods! And not just because I got to be a famous Hero asskicker but also because the stories were awesome and I really really really loved the addition of the Twilight aspect. Like, a lot. I also really liked the firm time constraints. Great job all around! Mead for everyone! OR whatever y'all want to drink! 

• Love 4

@A1 - The heroes only knew who Lisin was because of her Celebrity role (see more about that further down).  Typically Masons will know another hero.  99% of the time though if you're a hero, you are on your own.  So, yes it varies by game. heh

CP & Silver

@SVNBob - Regarding not having clues in the Night stories; it wasn’t our intention to try to set any kind of precedent. We just wanted to know what people thought about how we ran our game.

Re Twilight, if anyone else chooses to use it in their games, they can call it whatever they wish. Disclaimer: We never used it with sparkly vampires in mind FYI!  (CP says Boo to sparkly vampires)
CP & Silver

@Dougal and @Hanged Man – The trap you both mentioned re the celebrity: This was the exact reason that we stated categorically in the addendum, that the only time Lisin’s status could be alluded to was if she was in danger. We spotted that Drogo had thrown shade at her a few times (along with others) and we were genuinely unsure whether he was doing it to a. make it look unsuspicious that he wasn’t including her as she had also been quiet or b. he had forgotten who she was.
It wasn’t until his final post that we were left in no doubt about what he was doing, (specifically the underlined line “I hope the heroes will understand why I’m putting this all out there”) hence why sadly, we had no choice but to mod kill him.
As for the celebrity role in general, we agree it didn’t work quite the way we had hoped. (CP feels it was a complete bust, I feel it was an interesting twist that, in practice, wasn’t as successful as originally hoped for).
CP & Silver

About the vanilla Vs powered hero roles; I imagine it is fun to have a Night action as a hero (I personally, btw this is Silver, have never had a Night action as a hero and I’ve been a hero every game except for the Sherlock round). I still enjoy playing and looking (fruitlessly, in my case) for the clues but moreso watching gameplay. My thoughts are, even as a vanilla hero, you can be proactive and make a difference and help the heroes win, because that’s what I’ve tried to do every game I’ve been a hero in so far.
Silver

@Machiabelly – Thanks for the insight on why you did what you did, re the reverse psychology attempted kill on Drogo.
CP & Silver

@Jesse – That is precisely how I saw the celebrity role working; the villains would attempt to point a clue at Lisin. Clearly, that didn’t happen which is why I think it was a bust.
CP

@Athena – Thanks, ok it makes sense that you wanted to lay low as an investigator. I suppose we were expecting you to go for A1 immediately the following day and when that didn’t happen, we just wondered why.
CP & Silver

@Drogo – Thanks for your explanation, we were initially laughing about it when you first started including Lisin in your suspect list, as we wondered whether you had simply forgotten your PM. As for the Inn, you took some persuading for your first stay; I even had to pull a page from the Ancient Greek Guide to Inns & Taverns for you to peruse. :p
CP & Silver

@Lisin – Like Drogo, we had bated breath for a long time over why you never went after him. Reading your reasons for Drogo and Jesse, now it all makes sense, thank you.
CP & Silver

@Everybody – Thank you for your compliments and comments. As mods it’s interesting to read what worked for everyone and what could’ve been better. We’d really enjoy doing more of this Q&A after each game if you all think it’s a good idea?

CP & Silver ayiayiayiayiayiayiayi!!

FWIW, Paula was an awesome co-lead her first time out. Albeit at times, she egged, cajoled, harassed and drove me nutty (nobody mention the Day 1 story for goodness sake!) but we had lots of laughs and both enjoyed every minute of it!

If anyone wants to add their thoughts or ask us anything else, please do so! 

• Love 5

Little tip:  If you ever want to see Silver bang her head against the wall, scream, and then cry just say this... "But.  CANON!"

I will say that having played as vanilla, night action, no action but if I died I take someone out with me, and a recruitable...I had fun every time.

My only small nit pick this time was that I think there were two villains with protector power and no one to really other villains. The only non villain with a night kill was unprotectable, in fact it made you die as well. 

Now, I am tired and also ill, so granted I didn't scroll back up and could be talking out my other end.

• Love 3

@Jesse – That is precisely how I saw the celebrity role working; the villains would attempt to point a clue at Lisin. Clearly, that didn’t happen which is why I think it was a bust.

CP

That was just luck of the draw, though -- Lisin is tough to make up a clue about!  I came embarassingly close to posting something about "Callisto in..." 

Anyway, this was a really fun game, and now that I've been a villain, I finally feel like I understand Mafia!!

• Love 4

As someone who mostly just fumbles through games hoping to do the right thing, I really lucked out in this game! Love my award! 

Also, this Q&A is great. I'm definitely pro PostMorteming games. As I'm setting up a new game, I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't so it's definitely good to hear about what makes rounds fun for people. 

I may have bitten off more than I can chew (as it's possible that I'm not at all funny!) but we'll see if I can at least create an amusing game. If y'all want to play a Werewolf round to give me more procrastination time that would be super swell. If there's not enough interest I can probably get everything together relatively quickly. 

As per Twilight, I always think of this instead of that other nonsense. 

• Love 3

I didn't think the celebrity was a bust, if nothing else I knew who was safe to invite to the inn every other night. Also I knew there someone else that I could completely trust and whose thoughts I could take at face value (it never occurred to me that Xena may have waffled between good and evil, that would have been a nasty trick).

• Love 3

My only small nit pick this time was that I think there were two villains with protector power and no one to really other villains. The only non villain with a night kill was unprotectable, in fact it made you die as well. 

Now, I am tired and also ill, so granted I didn't scroll back up and could be talking out my other end.

I don't understand.  Tell me when you feel better.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew (as it's possible that I'm not at all funny!)

* Looks at her avatar *

I may have bitten off more than I can chew (as it's possible that I'm not at all funny!)

* Looks at her avatar *

• Love 2

I don't understand.  Tell me when you feel better.

I mean that being a protector as a villain in this game was actually a detriment, even worse than being vanilla. The only way a viilain would be subject to a night kill would be the Chakra and that would kill the protector as well.

• Love 2

Thanks for the protection Biz, much appreciated. :)

It took me out early, but it was well worth it!

You think you had worries?  I was playing both sides!  Or at least I would have, if it weren't for that horse.  (Finally you got to kill me Biz.)

It's about time, I was gunning for you for how many games??? ::giggle::

Best ‘Neigh’bour And Awesome Sacrifice Award: BizBuzz

I gotta say, I was STOKED to be Argo! And then BAM ... I pick the right person to protect, and I am dead ... but sure did love the way I went! Thanks Mods for that.

Answering questions within quote:

GAME ANALYSIS Q&A

We had a few questions that occurred to us during the game so decided to ask them in here. Conversely, if any of you want to ask us anything please feel free to do so in here.

• We noticed that a couple of people referred to this: Do you think you need a power to be ‘useful’ and/or proactive as a hero in mafia?  I have played enough games now to have all sorts of roles ... and I can say I have fun no matter what role I have. I have been a vanilla alone, and a vanilla mason, and either way, it was fun.  That being said, I have seen some use the "I am vanilla with no power" ruse as a strategy.  Some villains have been pretty ruthless.  ::giggle::

• Drogo – You knew Lisin was Xena and you knew all the other heroes also had that information; so, by constantly mentioning her in your list of ‘suspects’ were you not concerned that your fellow heroes would think you were a villain or even an sk?  So I have to say ... even though I was dead, I was still following the game and Drogo had me believing he was a villain.  The first time he talked about her, I was like, OMG, he doesn't know Lisin's status, he is next!  But he turned out to be a hero, blew me away!

• This one is for Lisin & Athena: We wondered why both of you never shared with your fellow heroes the information that you received from investigations (Lisin on Drogo and Athena on aquarian1) - both were villains? (Drogo due to being Framed). N/A

• Villains, what made you decide to try to kill Drogo when – in our opinion - it was highly likely he would be protected on Night 3 given his ‘suspicious list’ post in the game thread? N/A

• How well does everyone think the Celebrity power worked?  It was kind of confusing ... I have to admit I was kind of blown away when Drogo got killed and it made me rethink whether that is good information to have.  From my point of view, it sort of ties your hands and it made me think too hard what I could or could not say ... it's a good thing I died quick!  ::giggle::

• Lisin, you used your lookout power on Lady Calypso on Night 3 and discovered that Jesse had visited her. Her visit to Lady Calypso could have been as a doctor, a bodyguard or any type of ability that reveals no information, but it appeared that when Jesse stated she had no specific information on anyone, that made you very suspicious of her. Was it because of her visit?  N/A

• We stopped putting clues in the Night stories after Night 1 because we felt that people generally don’t go back to the Night stories looking for clues. Was anyone bothered by having no clues in the Night stories?  Nope ... I would rather have more clues during the day stories.

MODS:

Great game!!!  Some unique powers ... ha!  Once you mod a game, doing a game becomes much more than just playing!  LOL

You didn't ask anything about the "twilight" feature ... as someone who died early, it wasn't my favorite part of the game.  Not the twilight part so much, but the extension of the twilight into when you posted the night story.  As a dead player, night is the only time we can chat and it was kind of confusing to when I could or could not chat so I basically didn't say anything.  That could be just me though.  

• Love 2

I mean that being a protector as a villain in this game was actually a detriment, even worse than being vanilla. The only way a viilain would be subject to a night kill would be the Chakra and that would kill the protector as well.

That's not quite accurate.  If Bob had been protected when he targeted Dougal, he would have lived and only Biz would have died.  And you could have been protected from Lisin's vig kill (if A1 had still been alive).

I actually didn't know you could be protected from a vigalante kill as I didn't think it was a night action per se. So, I stand corrected.

Is the person who sends in the night kill the one who gets targeted by the vig?

I liked playing the Bus on the Whedonverse..I was a PLANE!!! I over played though and I think I talked Drogo out of killing me, thus I never got to use my vig power.

• Love 3