Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, even though it's Twilight and the vote is over, I still want to hear Lisin explaining her thought process in full detail, and I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts either! 

Well, I'd love to know why anyone would think I'm a villain. I feel like I've been participating and trying to figure out who is what, same as anyone else. Maybe not as well as anyone else, but folks have had differing opinions on the strengths of the clues, no? 

• Love 2

What bugs me about a Jesse DL is that aquarian1 (a known Villain) was willing to throw shade at her on Day 4-

Other things that stood out to me: "approximately six weeks ago "- doesn't sound approximate and wasn't there a thing with numbers 3 and 6 before?  6 letter names - stacey, Athena, MarkHB, Dougal; listed 6th - Jesse.

So while Jesse’s an enticing DL for tomorrow, I think there’s someone more suspect than her right now- and that’s Lisin.  She has contributed nearly nothing to the Hero game, and for some reason her pointing the finger at Jesse today for the same exact reason went unquestioned and people actually joined that DL.  FWIW I don’t question the people that joined her DL (as seen below) but Lisin herself is extremely suspect.

I hope the Heroes will understand why I’m putting all this out there in case I don't make it to tomorrow. A Hero victory it shall be if I can help it, and I’ll be mighty happy if I can help my girls Xena and Gabrielle make it to the end of this game.  

Lisin
• D2 Vote to DL Spruce
• Pointed a finger at Jesse for “adding” but not actually adding to the discussion
• “Not sold on” the clues for Aquarian when the DL was 3-strong, “suspicious of saorise” for starting the Aquarian DL
• Started a DL on Jesse when there were a number of Machiabelly clues and a DL already started on him
• D4 Vote to DL aquarian1 (last vote cast, so it was a foregone conclusion at that point really)
• D5 Vote to DL Jesse
• Rating:  Probably harmless, possibly asleep? Suspicious

Jesse
• D2 - wanted to shrug off grouse clue and fishing clue (Spruce and Aquarian)
•  D3 Vote to DL Spruce
• Tried to cast doubt on Ares’ villainy, maybe to make Heroes think there were more villains still out there?
• D4 Vote to DL aquarian1
• Rating:  Suspicious

Hanged Man

• D2 - pointed out Spruce grouse clue
• D2 Vote to DL Spruce
• D3 Vote to DL Spruce
• Rating:  Most likely good

I believe he’s good

MarkHB

• D2 Vote to DL Spruce
• Cast some dispersion against fish/grouse clues, but not a lot
• Missed D3 DL against Spruce
• Missed D4 DL against aquarian1
• Claimed his hero power was moot by D4
• D5 Vote to DL Jesse
• Tells us he loves us a lot
• Rating:  Probably harmless, but maybe not

I believe good, and also very loving.

Caprice

• D2 - stepped in to point Biz's clue away from Athena and toward Spruce
• D5 Vote to DL Machiabelly
• Rating: More than likely good

Good

TJtrack99

• Someone should probably file a missing person's report.
• Claims to be a powerless hero whose character “finally showed up” after a Night story that only introduced Salmoneous
• D5 Vote to DL Jesse

Good

Egavasc

• D1 Vote: No DL
• Quiet player, but aquarian tried to point at her when Spruce was under fire so she's probably not a Villain
• D3 Vote to DL Spruce, but asked for other clues/ides, which I thought was odd since we knew at that point Spruce was a Villain
• Rating:  Maybe a little suspicious

I believe good, and also quite loving.

Lady Calypso

• D1 Vote: No DL
• Possible clue target of Macbeth references "washing hands clean" and "something wicked this way comes" (D1and D3)
• Arrived "10 minutes late" for D2 Spruce DL
• Missed D3 DL against Spruce
• Claims to be a useless hero
• Decided I was trustworthy after my original Suspicious-List in spite of her being considered one of the most suspicious on it
• Machiabelly was content to push off all of the MacBeth clues on her
• Rating:  Very suspicious 

Good

stacey/saiorse

• D2 Vote to DL Spruce
• D3 Vote to DL Spruce
• D4 Vote to DL aquarian1 (Starter)
• Fought hard to push through the Machiabelly DL
• Rating:  Hard to say, but she was onboard with the Spruce DL pretty early so let's say good for now

Good

Yeswedo

• D3 Vote to DL Spruce
• Agreed to put off gametalk on the second Spruce DL to avoid giving the Villains too much info on who to protect
• Rating:  As Adele would say, "...........Hello?" Not much to go on.

I think good

Dougal

• D2 - jumped on HM's Spruce grouse indictment almost immediately
• D2 Vote to DL Spruce
• D3 Vote to DL Spruce
• Machiabelly tried to point MacBeth clues at him for Dougal being a Scottish name
• Claims to be a fan of delicious campsite meals, I’m thinking he’s our roast grouse aficionado
• Rating: Most likely good

I believe good and hungry

A lot of this new list assumes Machiabelly is a Villain, so if he’s not, make necessary adjustments.

• Love 1

Let me say this - I am not averse to changing my vote to Jesse, I just feel the clues favor Machiabelly. I'm curious why Lisin thinks Jesse is employing some subterfuge with that line...

Given that I don't have any specific information, my best hope is always  that my noodling around with ideas will trigger someone else to come up with something better. (If I stop doing that, then I become one of the non-participants, and sometimes they look suspicious to the group as well!)  And I don't think I tried to put anyone off the grouse clue, I just wasn't sold on it myself (wrongly, I guess?). I hope you agree that isn't suspicious in and of itself.

Unfortunately my "clue" is gameplay based... but that up there ^ (bolding mine) I am pretty positive that it isn't true.

I can't really be more specific than what I posted above. I think Jesse is lying about not having information due to information I have. Now, sure, that doesn't 100% mean Jesse is a villain. But it makes me suspicious. 

• Love 3

Thanks, Drogo. 

I've had free-floating suspicions about Lady Calypso, but nothing concrete to point to, which is why I didn't try to turn anyone else against her. I figured, if there was anything there, other people would see it, and if it was just me, I should keep it to myself.  So I totally get it, Lisin.

• Love 1

‘The gods’ of Xena mafia have spoken:

Modkill

Zeus & Hera are chatting;

Hera: Did he just break one of our rules?
Zeus: Hmm I think he did. Look, he was warned in no uncertain terms.
Hera: Yes, he was.
Zeus: So we have no choice.
Hera: Sigh, I guess we should kill him then.  It makes me sad.
Zeus: No feelings only facts.

Zeus throws a lightening bolt and fries Joxer where he stands.

Zeus: Sorry dude, but rules are rules.
Hera: Sigh. I’ll go tell The Fates to remove his lifeline from the story.

Drogo - Joxer - Joxer the Mighty

You are Joxer, one of the closest friends of Xena and Gabrielle. Although incapable of fighting and not the smartest of people (and mostly oblivious of this), you are loyal to a fault and extremely trustworthy. You’re in love with Gabrielle, but your love is unrequited, so you settle for friendship. You come from a ruthless warlord family of which you are the white sheep.

There are no clues in this story. Twilight will continue until the official Night story is posted.

Keep calm and carry on.

• Love 4

Don't pay the ferryman....til you get to the other side.

Save me a seat.

Nah, bud.. I'm slipping Charon 2 extra gold to get us seats near Biz and Athena. You're not riding with no fool.

• Love 2

Drogo you seem to have gone crazy, which makes me sad.

Don't pay the ferryman....til you get to the other side.

OMG. I LURVED THIS SONG SO MUCH.

I have never heard of the song or the artist.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2
Have you heard this song?  It's just as old, but was his biggest hit.

Huh that is in my Itunes as Chris Isaak

Pointless but mildly amusing side story: if you search Lady in Red in my Itunes you get 2 copies of Lady in Red, one labeled Chris Isaak and one not labeled with an artist at all and also Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. I guess because LADY sINgle and REDone are in the details of the song.

• Love 3

Night 5

Reappearances, Rumours, And Reprisals

The browns, greens, and blacks of the feathers adorning their headdresses blended perfectly with the forest from which they appeared. Although they hid the features that lay behind them, the headdresses served to give the amazon warriors a fierce, savage demeanour as the proud women entered the camp. The two warriors who had defeated the most foes in battle flanked their queen, Ephany; it was a position of great honour. Ephany lifted her mask as her eyes searched for and found her friends.
Gabrielle greeted them eagerly, “It’s so good to see you again”
“You too, I’m pleased to see you are well sister” Ephany smiled.
Salmoneous stood near to Gabrielle grinning broadly. He’d never seen so many lithe and athletic looking women in one place before, “The name’s Salmoneous and I’m very happy to make your acquaintance” he blurted out. “It’s simply wonderful to know that such, ahem, amazing, ladies are with us” he continued with a moony smile.
“Put your tongue away Salmoneous, they’d eat you for breakfast” Xena advised him as she walked over to greet the amazon troupe.
Bewildered, Salmoneous coughed and straightened; “I was merely expressing my appreciation of their obvious fighting prowess” he countered weakly.
Minya, who was following on Xena’s heels, stopped beside him then playfully elbowed his ribs, “Yeah. We know what you were appreciating and it weren’t no fighting prowess” she sniggered.
Salmoneous blushed, then opened his mouth to reply, but could find nothing to say that wouldn’t dig himself into a deeper hole, so he closed it again.
Gabrielle, knowing how eager Ephany would be to see the relic, went and retrieved it from her pack, “Back where it belongs” she told Ephany as she handed the wrapped bundle over.
“I can’t thank you both enough. We’ll never forget this. If there’s ever anything we can do in return” Ephany told them sincerely.
“We’re happy to have helped” Gabrielle replied with a smile, “There may be something that you could help us at this very moment” she informed her.
“Name it and it shall be done” Ephany replied seriously.
Over Gabrielle’s shoulder she watched as a woman wearing a hooded cloak walked into camp, “Who’s that?” Ephany asked which caused Gabrielle and Xena to turn. The woman lowered her hood and Ephany’s mouth fell open, she did a double take between Xena and Meg. “Oh that’s Meg” Xena replied, “Yeah we look alike”
“Wow, they say everyone has a double!” Ephany exclaimed.
“Well in my case, it seems I have a few” Xena remarked as she walked over to meet Meg.
“Xena, I’m so glad I found you” Meg said as she came within earshot.
“What is it?” Xena knew Meg wouldn’t risk coming so far out of town without good reason.
“I have some news about Callisto. Last night I had some rowdy patrons show up. They were in high spirits and seemed to be celebrating. Drank two whole casks they did! Anyway, after they’d had quite a bit to drink, one let slip how they’d kidnapped a woman who’d fought and killed a lot of their men, and this is the important part, he said; ‘Lao Ma won’t be joining Xena now!’ I knew you would want to know” Meg told her with quiet foreboding.
Gabrielle, who had joined them whilst Meg had been talking, blanched then looked at Xena.
“Oh no, we have to rescue her right away. How do you want to handle this?” Gabrielle said urgently.
“First, we need to come up with a plan” came Xena’s terse reply.

Sisters-In-Arms

Later that day Xena, Gabrielle and Eve arrived in the forest outside Callisto’s camp.
“Remember what I told you both; under no circumstances should either of you take on Callisto alone. If you find yourself confronted by her – run” Xena told the pair.
“Mother, I can look after myself if I must” Eve replied.
“It won’t come to that, we’ll find Lao Ma and get out before she even knows we were there” Gabrielle sought to diffuse the tension that hung in the air.
“Where’s our distraction gotten to?” Eve asked curtly.
“Patience, it’ll be here” Xena reassured her.
A low drumming sound began to emanate in the distance. It gradually grew louder as it moved closer. The trio of women watched as the lookouts around Callisto’s camp became agitated; they too heard the sound but had no idea what it meant. A short time later a group of men headed out into the forest to investigate. When they didn’t return, Xena watched as another, larger group, departed, headed in the same direction. The amazon battle drums hadn’t ceased and seemingly moved around, coming from differing parts of the densely wooded area.
A sudden war cry in the distance put everyone on alert; men began pacing as others took up higher positions in the hopes of seeing what was happening. The sounds of battle and men dying reached them and the camp finally broke into disarray.
“We go now!” Xena ordered quietly.
The three women slipped around toward the back of the camp unnoticed as chaos ensued. When they reached a group of horses, Xena cut their reins and spooked them for good measure. By now a sizeable number of tents were left empty and the women checked inside each as they passed behind them but there was no sign of Lao Ma.
Xena spotted the larger tent tucked away in one corner of camp, “Let’s check that one next” she instructed. As they were about to enter a voice shouted, “The Warrior Princess herself honours us all with her presence”
All three turned to see Callisto standing a few feet away, “Where exactly do you think you’re going?” she asked sweetly.
Xena moved in front of her friend and daughter protectively, “We’re here to take Lao Ma” she replied menacingly.
“Oh, are you now? I don’t think so” came the reply.
Xena ignored it and instead spoke to Eve and Gabrielle, “Get inside and if Lao Ma isn’t in there, keep looking. If she is, get her out of here. I’ll deal with this one”
Gabrielle nodded and they both disappeared inside.
Turning her attention back to Callisto, Xena drew her sword and twirled it, “Yes that’s right, we are. Who’s going to stop us? You??” she goaded her with a grin.
“Just watch me” Callisto said, then threw her head back and shrieked her battle cry. Xena countered with her own as they both ran forward and met in a clash of steel on steel. Callisto was a formidable fighter, she blocked Xena’s thrusts and parries and counter-attacked using her own. The two warriors fought heatedly, Xena jumped up onto a cart to avoid being pinned down, then back-flipped off. Callisto watched then matched her acrobatics move for move. The fight continued, Xena used her whip on a branch overhead to create a rope and began to climb. Callisto threw a small dagger, which cut through the whip and Xena fell to the ground, landing on her back. She instinctively rolled away as Callisto’s sword struck the ground where her head had been a split second earlier and then flicked herself to her feet. Xena pressed Callisto back as they fought fiercely. Callisto began to grow frustrated as her every strike was thwarted by her nemesis and that frustration slowly turned to anger. She shrieked in bitter hatred and her thrusts and blocks became sloppy. Xena, always cool under pressure, used this to her advantage, “Did you honestly believe you would win?” she needled Callisto as she drove her back. Callisto didn’t reply but her eyes became wild with unconcealed fury and she swung at Xena recklessly, leaving herself vulnerable for a moment. Xena used that moment to plunge her sword into Callisto’s shoulder. Caught off guard, Callisto stumbled back, shocked, Xena lunged at her, and held her sword at Callisto’s heart, “Where.Is.Lao.Ma?” she demanded through gritted teeth. Before Callisto could reply Eve emerged from the tent, “Mother!” she called.
Xena didn’t turn to look at her, instead she spoke to Callisto, “Tell me where she is or I’ll kill you where you stand!”
Eve shouted again, “Mother, now!”
This caused Xena to turn her head towards her daughter, which gave Callisto all the time she needed; she back-flipped away from Xena’s sword then turned and ran. Xena wanted to follow Callisto but knew chasing after her would risk the safe rescue of Lao Ma, so she turned and went to her daughter instead. As she approached the tent Gabrielle appeared, “Xena, it’s Lao Ma, don’t go in there” she told her. Seeing the solemn look on both their faces, she brushed past Gabrielle and walked inside. She was met with the grisly visage of Lao Ma’s torn and broken body. Xena’s stomach turned, “I’m so sorry I couldn’t save you the way you saved me” she said quietly as she picked up Lao Ma’s lifeless body.
“Whoever did this to you will pay with their life” she promised her former mentor.

Tribute to Joxer

Twilight has drawn to a close and Night has officially fallen, please cease and desist from gameplay conversation and head over to the bar until Day begins. You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

There are 0 clues in this story.

Living players: Still in the hands of The Fates

• Machiabelly
• Lisin
• Jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• caprice
• TJtrack99
• egavasc
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

Dead players: Gone to The Underworld

Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves
You are Autolycus the self-proclaimed "King of Thieves".  A master thief, a skilled fighter and a great escape artist, capable of escaping 200 chain locks in less than a night. You are often described as having 'a heart of gold'. You are good friends with Xena and Gabrielle, often accompanying them in their travels and aiding them in their endeavours, although they don't always fully trust you because of your devious nature.

BizBuzz - Argo – Loyal Warhorse and Trusted Steed
You are Argo,  Xena’s palamino horse, a trusted steed of many years. You are extremely well trained and intelligent, always responding to Xena's whistled commands and clearly understanding everything she asks of you. You can sense danger, use martial arts, and issue instructions to other horses. You rarely allow anyone else to mount and ride on your strong back; this includes Gabrielle 99% of the time.

SVNBob - Ares - God of War
You are Ares god of war. You are a fickle god and can be easily swayed from bad to good and back again. You are disliked by most of the Olympian gods. Despite the malevolent front you display, you can be surprisingly sympathetic and caring at times when it suits you. You have a love-hate relationship with Xena; your unrequited love for her is the driving force between you both. Since her redemption Xena's love for you is platonic at best which makes you crazy at times.

The Crazed Spruce - Alti  - A Powerful Shamaness
You are Alti, an ex-amazon turned powerful but vindictive, shamaness and enemy of Xena. You’re able to use visions of past and present lives to inflict pain on your victims. You often kill people using this technique; by making them experience their pre-determined deaths well before they should have happened.

aquarian1 - Gaius Julius Caesar – Roman general and statesman, the Conqueror of Gaul
You are Julius Caesar, a General of Rome and the legendary conqueror of Gaul. Although once lovers, you’re now a mortal enemy of Xena. You are ruthless and manipulative; you always do whatever it takes to win no matter the cost. You believe wholeheartedly that nothing can prevent your destiny, which is to be the Emperor of Rome. Anything that you perceive as a threat faces complete annihilation, including Xena.

Athena - Lao Ma - Defacto Ruler of the Lao Dynasty
You are Lao Ma, a woman of peace and wisdom. You are the wife of the Emperor of the Lao Dynasty, Lao Tzu. Your cruel husband’s illness (you keep him in a coma to prevent his death) permits you to secretly rule the Dynasty in his name; despite this meaning that he gains all the credit for your benevolence. A highly skilled martial artist you are hard and soft at the same time, like water; you also possess great spiritual power, which you attempted to teach to Xena. You are one of the most pivotal characters and influences on Xena's life; the compassion you showed her revitalized her spirit.

• Drogo - Joxer - Joxer the Mighty
You are Joxer, one of the closest friends of Xena and Gabrielle. Although incapable of fighting and not the smartest of people (and mostly oblivious of this), you are loyal to a fault and extremely trustworthy. You’re in love with Gabrielle, but your love is unrequited, so you settle for friendship. You come from a ruthless warlord family of which you are the white sheep.

I'm going to need a bigger drink.

Also, I'm leaving tomorrow on vacation, so when I next see the light of Day in here, I'll be seeing it from the Emerald Isle! I will convey large virtual vats of Guinness in just as soon as I can! (I think those vats are going to come in handy...)

• Love 4

I'm going to need a bigger drink.

Also, I'm leaving tomorrow on vacation, so when I next see the light of Day in here, I'll be seeing it from the Emerald Isle! I will convey large virtual vats of Guinness in just as soon as I can! (I think those vats are going to come in handy...)

Have a WONDERFUL time in Ireland!! I loved my week there and desperately want to go back.

• Love 2

Ah, that's just how the game messes with all our lives, Jesse. I'm sure Mark, Spruce or TJ will be able to correct me on this, but we used to refer to playing Mafia by saying something like, "Mafia, because who needs a life."

*adds vanilla vodka to Coke* Cheers!

• Love 3

Ah, that's just how the game messes with all our lives, Jesse. I'm sure Mark, Spruce or TJ will be able to correct me on this, but we used to refer to playing Mafia by saying something like, "Mafia, because who needs a life."

*adds vanilla vodka to Coke* Cheers!

I believe it was "Because having a life is dumb." Either way, yeah, who needs a life? Lol!

• Love 6

Mod Note:

The 24 hr deadline for submitting Night actions has now passed. Night will continue until the Day story is posted. Continue drinking, bottoms up!

Day 6

Heading Into Deep Water

None of the three women spoke as they surreptitiously made their way back through Callisto’s camp. Xena was carrying Lao Ma’s body, which had been wrapped in a blanket. The grief she felt was superseded only by the anger that boiled in her blood; it screamed for vengeance over the vile defilement of her mentor and friend. They passed a few tents and an abandoned cart, when something caught Xena’s eye and she turned to look. Through the jumble of tents, carts and trees, she saw Callisto was alone and busy tending to her shoulder wound. She was some distance away so she hadn’t spotted the stealthy trio who had stopped and now watched her every move.
“Take Lao Ma and get out of here” Xena said to Gabrielle and Eve.
“Xena, no. Now isn’t the time, let’s go bac-” Gabrielle began to say.
“Now is the perfect time. She’s wounded and won’t be expecting another fight so soon. I’ll have the element of surprise on my side” Xena cut her off.
“At least let me come with you” Gabrielle implored.
“No Gabrielle. I need to do this alone, I can't fight her and worry about you too” Xena replied. “Go with Eve, this won’t take long. I promise” she added as she started to move away.
Silently, she made her way across the campsite toward Callisto. Fuelled by anger she drew her sword and rushed impetuously at the blonde woman, but was stopped in her tracks before even getting halfway as half a dozen men appeared at Callisto’s side.
“Honestly Xena, I really gave you too much credit it would seem” Callisto told her with a sickly smile as she turned to face her.
“Why are you doing this Callisto? Is it out of some sick, twisted jealousy?” Xena demanded to know.
Why she asks? Why would I be doing this…hmm, well it’s really very simple Xena” Callisto’s eyes grew dark with malice as she continued, “I want you to feel the same pain I felt when you burned my village to the ground. When I had to listen to my mother’s screams coming from our home as it burned. I want to take everything from you and when the pain has become too much to bear, only then will I kill you. That's why I’m doing this!”
Xena’s anger dissipated as Callisto raged. She stood silently then said, “I am truly sorry. You didn’t deserve that. What I did was wrong and I know I can never change that, but I’ve changed, that Xena is dead. I want to atone for all my wrongdoings in whatever way I can. I’ll never wash all the blood from my hands, but I can try to make a difference” she told her sincerely.
“Oh, you’ve changed and you’re sorry now. Well of course, that makes everything ok” Callisto mocked.
“I can help you if you let me. I’ll show you another way” Xena offered.
“I don’t want your help! I don’t want anything from you except your pain, your suffering and then your life. I hate you Xena and if it takes me all of eternity, I will spend it making you pay for what you did!” Callisto spat venomously, “Take her!” she ordered her men.
Xena jumped back then turned and ran up the trunk of a nearby tree and grabbed a branch to pull herself up. She spied a small river that flowed just beyond the camp line and calculated her next moves in the blink of any eye. She shouted her war cry and backflipped out of the tree to land between Callisto and her men who now stood beside the tree she’d just left. She reached for her Chakram and threw it, it hit them one after the other, either knocking them unconscious or slicing through the exposed flesh of their throats; all six fell as the Chakram flew past them and continued on in a wide graceful arc.
Xena turned to face Callisto, “I understand your pain, but I will not allow you to hurt innocent people because of me. It ends now” she said as she advanced toward her.
“It ends when you’re dead!” Callisto replied as she drew her sword and shrieked her war cry.
The two warrior women fought viciously, Xena slowly pushed Callisto back beyond the camp boundary. She noted that the shoulder wound she’d inflicted earlier had begun to bleed through the bandage Callisto had used. Their swords met as they stood face to face, each equally matched in strength. Xena head-butted Callisto, which caused her to stumble but not fall, then followed up with a face kick before she could recover her balance. Now Callisto did fall, but went into a roll and barrelled down an incline coming to a stop at the riverbank. Xena charged down after her and the fight continued. Callisto could feel her shoulder was beginning to slow down her reflexes and through sheer adrenalin-fuelled willpower managed to beat Xena back then ran to one side and slowly circled around her foe. Xena’s back was to the river and Callisto furiously charged at her, Xena dodged and slashed across Callisto’s forearm leaving a nasty gash as she went past. She jump kicked at Callisto’s back, sending her reeling into the water with a splash. The cold water gave her a shock and a drenched Callisto stood and turned back to Xena, then began to wade out of the waist deep water. Something bumped against her calf and she stabbed at the water as she felt her leg get bitten. Xena watched puzzled as Callisto seemingly began to fight the river around her. Suddenly, something jumped out of the water and tore a chunk of flesh from her side, before disappearing beneath the surface once more.

‘Alligator Gars’ Xena thought as she watched the spectacle unfolding before her, Callisto was frantically slashing and stabbing at the water which seemed to be alive all around her. Xena was all but forgotten as this new danger presented itself; however, Xena herself had no desire to watch anyone, even Callisto, be eaten alive. She drew a dagger and threw it, it landed in Callisto’s heart and in the same instant the Chakram returned, flying through the air; it flew straight at the spot where Callisto stood and sliced completely through her neck. Her eyes met Xena’s in shocked comprehension as her head toppled off and disappeared beneath the turbulent waters.

An Uninvited Dinner Guest

Having witnessed the first confrontation between the Xena and Callisto, Ming T’ien quickly realised that Xena’s remaining companions must have been left unguarded. He set out on horseback in search of Eli, accompanied by eight of his own riders.
Eli, Minya, and Salmoneous were eating a simple supper of bread and cheese as they waited impatiently for the return of their comrades with Lao Ma. It had been hours since they’d departed and with each hour that had passed their anxiety had increased.
“I’m sure they’ll be back soon” Eli tried to reassure a concerned Minya.
“I hope you’re right. All this waiting around has my nerves on edge and plays havoc with my digestion. Even this bread and cheese in my stomach is sitting heavy as a rock. I tell you, when I get back home there’s a lovely little steak and seafood tavern where I’m going to go and have a quiet, unstressful meal for a change” she bemoaned.
“I have the perfect cure for bad digestion. It’s a small vial of azure elixir that when sipped-” Salmoneous began.
“I’ve had just about enough of you trying to sell stuff to me” Minya held up a hand, “I don’t want any miracle cures, I don’t want any indestructible cookware and I certainly don’t want any of your potions, just leave me be will you” she griped at him.
Salmoneous opened his mouth to reply but stopped as all three heard movement in the trees behind them.
“They’re back!” Minya shouted in relief and jumped up to go greet her friends.
“Xena, I’m so glad you’re back. How did it go, did you find her?” she called out, but her voice trailed off as faces she didn’t know appeared from the foliage.
“Y-You’re not Xena” was all she managed to say.
“No. I definitely am not Xena” Ming T’ien replied as Minya hustled back to join her friends.
Eli arose with a start, “It’s you” he exclaimed. 
“He, who?” Minya asked confused.
“This is the man who tried to kill Joxer in town” Eli told her.
“And would’ve succeeded, had you not healed him” Ming T’ien stated calmly as he climbed down from his horse.
“What do you want from us?” Minya asked.
“I’m merely here with a message for Xena” he informed them.
“Well she isn’t here right now but should be back any minute” Minya lied.
“I know exactly where she is and precisely what she’s doing” he revealed.
Addressing Eli directly, he said, “Apparently your healing skills were not exaggerated. However, I cannot allow you to continue to heal the vermin who must die”
“Leave him be!” Minya shouted.
“Restrain these two, but make sure they have a front row seat” he ordered, indicating Salmoneous and Minya who were grabbed and tied up.
He approached Eli, “I will not resist” Eli told him, “I am a man of peace; I do not believe in violence”
Ming T’ien struck Eli across the face, knocking him to the ground, “Pity. That makes it less fun, I enjoy it more when they struggle” then landed a vicious blow on Eli’s head which knocked him out. As he came to, Eli felt himself suspended in mid air by his wrists and ankles, his head spun as he tried to make sense of this unfamiliar, topsy, turvy world he’d awoken into. Before he could regain his bearings, he heard a voice order, “Yaa! Yaa!” and felt the ropes on each of his wrists and ankles suddenly tighten. A terrified Minya watched as the horses attached to each rope took off in different directions and ripped Eli limb from limb, then vomited her meagre dinner onto the ground.
Ming T’ien laughed then walked over to his two prisoners, “Here is the message for Xena. Let her know The Green Dragon paid her friends a visit. Tell her to come find me” he turned and left, leaving Salmoneous and Minya as they sobbed together in anguish.

Tribute To Eli

Tribute to Callisto

There is 1 clue in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a lynch is completed beforehand.

6 votes are required to complete a lynch.

• Lisin
• Jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• caprice
• TJtrack99
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

• Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves
You are Autolycus the self-proclaimed "King of Thieves".  A master thief, a skilled fighter and a great escape artist, capable of escaping 200 chain locks in less than a night. You are often described as having 'a heart of gold'. You are good friends with Xena and Gabrielle, often accompanying them in their travels and aiding them in their endeavours, although they don't always fully trust you because of your devious nature.

• BizBuzz - Argo – Loyal Warhorse and Trusted Steed
You are Argo,  Xena’s palamino horse, a trusted steed of many years. You are extremely well trained and intelligent, always responding to Xena's whistled commands and clearly understanding everything she asks of you. You can sense danger, use martial arts, and issue instructions to other horses. You rarely allow anyone else to mount and ride on your strong back; this includes Gabrielle 99% of the time.

• SVNBob - Ares - God of War
You are Ares god of war. You are a fickle god and can be easily swayed from bad to good and back again. You are disliked by most of the Olympian gods. Despite the malevolent front you display, you can be surprisingly sympathetic and caring at times when it suits you. You have a love-hate relationship with Xena; your unrequited love for her is the driving force between you both. Since her redemption Xena's love for you is platonic at best which makes you crazy at times.

• The Crazed Spruce - Alti  - A Powerful Shamaness
You are Alti, an ex-amazon turned powerful but vindictive, shamaness and enemy of Xena. You’re able to use visions of past and present lives to inflict pain on your victims. You often kill people using this technique; by making them experience their pre-determined deaths well before they should have happened.

• aquarian1 - Gaius Julius Caesar – Roman general and statesman, the Conqueror of Gaul
You are Julius Caesar, a General of Rome and the legendary conqueror of Gaul. Although once lovers, you’re now a mortal enemy of Xena. You are ruthless and manipulative; you always do whatever it takes to win no matter the cost. You believe wholeheartedly that nothing can prevent your destiny, which is to be the Emperor of Rome. Anything that you perceive as a threat faces complete annihilation, including Xena.

• Athena - Lao Ma - Defacto Ruler of the Lao Dynasty
You are Lao Ma, a woman of peace and wisdom. You are the wife of the Emperor of the Lao Dynasty, Lao Tzu. Your cruel husband’s illness (you keep him in a coma to prevent his death) permits you to secretly rule the Dynasty in his name; despite this meaning that he gains all the credit for your benevolence. A highly skilled martial artist you are hard and soft at the same time, like water; you also possess great spiritual power, which you attempted to teach to Xena. You are one of the most pivotal characters and influences on Xena's life; the compassion you showed her revitalized her spirit.

• Drogo - Joxer - Joxer the Mighty

• Machiabelly - Callisto – A Ruthless Warlord
You are Callisto, one of the most bloody and ruthless warlords of the age. As a child you were traumatized by evil Xena’s raid on your village, which resulted in your parents deaths. Due to this childhood trauma you’re consumed by a hatred for Xena and a twisted love for violence and pain. Caring nothing for honor or fair play you take delight in tormenting your foes. Being a highly skilled strategist and martial artist you possess fighting skills on par with Xena. However, you often get carried away when fighting, entering a blind rage causing you to lose focus.

• egavasc - Eli - The Avatar of the God of the Ultimate Way
You are Eli, a former street magician who realised your true potential as a mystical healer when you discovered you were a Devi and began to follow the Way of Love. After this discovery, you travelled the Earth, preaching the Way of Love to all. You live a life of serenity and compassion, as well as wanting to spread the message of peace from the One God of Love. You were befriended by Xena and Gabrielle (whom you had a profound effect on) during their time in India.

• Love 4

It sounds like we may have lost a protector. Farewell, Eli!

"Unbreakable cookware" jumped out at me, but the only thing it brings to mind is the old Saladmaster commercials, and I'm not sure where they take us.

• Love 2

So the Machia DL was just delayed? Woot!

Unbreakable cookware -- Corelle? Corningware? I'm not going anywhere with this.

Blue elixir - Curacao? You know the Caribbean always makes me think of calypso music.

• Love 2

RIP egavasc and huzzah for another villain being removed. This story will be harder to decipher without Drogo's insight.

I thought Alligator Gars or azure elixir might be clues. Searching has brought nothing useful back yet so far.

• Love 2

Yep yep, good find.

2 to DL Jesse (HM, Dougal) 4 to go the Full Monty in killing off the villains

(I just got back from a production of that show, directed by Patrick Wilson, who both played the lead role on Broadway and was my whole life on Fargo S2. So good.)

• Love 2

Night 6

The Debt

As they reached Ephany and her amazon warriors, Gabrielle and Eve informed them of what had occurred with Lao Ma, Xena and Callisto, “Xena said we should go and she’ll catch up” Gabrielle explained seriously.
The group of women set off, heading back to their camp. It was a while later that Xena finally caught up to them, “Xena, thank the gods. What happened?” Gabrielle asked relieved.
“Callisto is dead” Xena replied without a hint of joy.
“Did you see any sign of The Green Dragon?” Eve enquired.
“Nothing” Xena answered. Killing Callisto had brought her no satisfaction, if anything, what she had learned had increased the burden on her soul and she said no more.
As they entered a small clearing, a group of riders appeared headed towards them. Instantly, Xena recognised their garb and the one who rode out in front. She drew her sword; “It’s him” she called to the group and let out her battle cry. The amazons quickly rallied and prepared to attack. Xena lunged at Ming T’ien’s horse causing it to rear up and throw him off. The amazons launched their spears at his men and a brief battle ensued. Ming T’ien found himself on the ground and scrambled to his feet ready to run into the trees. Xena cracked her whip and caught him around the neck then pulled it tight. Around them the amazons made short work of his men who were no match for the fierce battle hardened women. Xena grabbed her prisoner, “Going somewhere Ming T’ien?” she asked as she released the whip from his throat.
Ming T’ien rubbed his neck and sneered, “I’ve already been somewhere” then smiled callously.
“Gabrielle, tie his wrists behind his back” Xena ordered. Then spoke once more to Ming T’ien, “You’d better start talking fast” Xena warned as she held him at sword point.
“I paid your friends a little visit, they were most entertaining. I left something there for you” he said scornfully.
Xena pressed her sword into his neck drawing blood, “I don’t have time for riddles” she menaced.
“Fine. The one they call Eli, I’m afraid he won’t be able to heal any more of your friends. He provided a fantastic spectacle as I had him ripped apart” Ming T’ien said gleefully.
Upon hearing this, Eve screamed and ran at him, she punched him in the face knocking him backwards, “You monster!” she yelled as she flailed at him with her fists.
“Eve, enough!” her mother ordered as she grabbed her daughter and pulled her away.
“But he-” Eve faltered as Gabrielle held her in a comforting hug, then she began to weep.
“This filth will pay for his crimes. But not by our hands, he will face the people’s justice” Xena told her as she glared at her prisoner.
“Xena, what about Minya and Salmoneous, someone needs to go check on them” Gabrielle said with concern.
“You, Eve and Ephany go back to camp. Make sure that Minya and Salmoneous are ok and collect Eli’s remains, then head into town. I will escort our prisoner and meet you there” Xena instructed.
Xena had confiscated two horses from his fallen men and she rode with a tied up Ming T’ien through the forest headed towards town. Unable to resist twisting the knife, Ming T’ien remarked, “I assume you found what you were looking for back at Callisto’s camp”
“If you mean Lao Ma, yes I found her” Xena replied coolly.
“I’d always despised her weakness” Ming T’ien continued smugly.
“She was never weak, she was the strongest person I knew” Xena told him sternly.
“She didn’t seem very strong when I ripped her heart out. She never raised a finger to stop me or even protect herself” he scoffed.
Xena stopped the horses, “There is a reason for that. Lao Ma loved you. She was your mother” she informed him.
“Ha! I knew that the whole time. The very reason I killed her myself was because she was my mother and I knew she would never use her powers against her own son. Her love was her weakness and her undoing!” he chortled victoriously.
Xena backhanded him across the face, “I pity you. Someone who had the best possible opportunity to be so much more but chose the path of darkness” she hissed at him.
As the blood dripped from his lip he replied, “If I chose the path of darkness, Xena, it’s because that’s the path you showed me when I was only a boy. Your influence reached far beyond the short time you spent in Chin. You were my inspiration!” he jeered.
The remainder of their journey passed in strained silence. Once they reached the town, Xena headed directly for the town magistrate. Faced with the criminal who had attempted to murder a man in broad daylight in the town square, whilst dozens of witnesses watched on, and hearing of his subsequent crimes; the magistrate had no compunction in sentencing Ming T’ien to death by executioner. There was to be no leniency for him; he would be hung, drawn and quartered that day. Satisfied that justice would be served, Xena sought out her friends and companions and found them in the town square.
“Xena!” Gabrielle rushed over, “Where is he?” she asked.
“I took him straight to the town magistrate, he’s to be executed today” Xena replied.
Walking over to a grief stricken Eve, she embraced her daughter, “He will pay for what he did. The best way you can honour Eli’s memory is to not allow any hatred for his murderer to put aside the love in your heart. Eli wouldn’t have wanted that” she advised kindly.
Eve wiped away her tears and nodded her understanding.
Xena next went over to a shell-shocked Minya and Salmoneous.
“I’m pleased to see you’re both in one piece” she told them.
Aphrodite and Ephany stood with them and a surprised Xena turned to look at Aphrodite, “I didn’t think executions would be your thing?” she stated.
“I’m only here as an act of love. Eli may not have worshipped us Olympians but he spread the word of love and in that, at least, we were of one mind. I’m here to see that justice is done” Aphrodite explained. “Besides, I wanted to help out my gal Minya here” she wrapped an arm around her, “This one has the biggest heart of almost anyone I’ve ever met…and believe me, I’ve met a lot of people” she smiled benevolently. Minya smiled weakly in return.

More and more people followed the spectacle as the horse dragged Ming T’ien through the town on the way to his execution. Meg heard the commotion and went outside to see what all the fuss was about. Seeing the growing crowd she locked the door to her inn and decided to follow too. Before long the executioner, who rode the horse, arrived at the town square where a large number of townspeople had gathered. Meg saw Gabrielle standing not far from her and made her way over, “Gabrielle, what’s happening?” she asked.
“It’s The Green Dragon, he’s going to pay for his crimes” Gabrielle then told her about Lao Ma and Eli.
The group of friends stood amongst the onlookers and watched as Ming T’ien’s legs kicked wildly whilst he was hanged, almost to the point of death. The executioner then took him down and laid him out on a wooden bench and proceeded to methodically eviscerate him. Some onlookers fainted, some cheered, others vomited. Xena did none of those things; her eyes met Ming T’ien’s who had looked directly at her in silent accusation as the executioner performed his gruesome duty. Finally, his arms, legs and head were cut off and he was, at last, dead.
A hush fell over the crowd for a few moments before someone yelled, “Death to murderers!” and the gathering erupted in self-congratulation. Xena and her friends walked away leaving the town to their celebrations.

The small band of friends watched the twin pyres of Lao Ma and Eli burn brightly as they committed their souls to the afterlife.
“Their sacrifices won’t be forgotten” Gabrielle told Xena.
“All those we lost will be remembered” Xena agreed.
After a time, the pair said their final farewells and departed.
The debt has been repaid’ Xena thought with a sorrowful smile.

The End.

Heroes Win!

(Apologies to Jesse we were unable to find a Tribute video for Ming T'ien)

Good game everyone ☺

Enjoy the full abilities reveal below…

Lisin - Xena – Warrior Princess, Celebrity and Jack of All Trades, a Hero
You are Xena Warrior Princess. As a young woman your hometown of Amphipolis was attacked by an evil warlord; you took up the sword to defend your town which led to your brother losing his life. Your grief stricken mother blamed you for his death and banished you, leaving you alone and vulnerable to Ares’ machinations; these events combined led you to darkness. Later known as the Destroyer of Nations you were at the head of one of the most ruthless and destructive armies the Earth had ever seen. With your lover, Borias, you traveled to numerous countries, making your name known and feared. When you attempted to destroy Hercules, he defeated you and opened your eyes by showing you the path of redemption. You walk this path as best you can aided by Gabrielle, your best friend. You are now renowned as one of the greatest heroes of the age.

Abilities:
As a Celebrity; at the start of the game all heroes have been informed that you are Xena and a hero but the villains do not have this information. Since Xena is famous for having many skills, you are a Jack of all trades; you have the following abilities to choose from but may use each only once and only 1 per night: 1 shot doctor, 1 shot vigilante, 1 shot investigator and 1 shot lookout. Owing to your amazing fighting skills you are also a 2 kill, which means that any first attempt on your life will not succeed, however, should you be protected by other means both of your lives will remain intact.
If you need any of these abilities explained please feel free to ask.

FYI all heroes received the following messages with their bio’s informing them of Lisin’s celebrity status:
This game has a ‘celebrity’ player, which means that all heroes are informed of this player’s identity at the start of the game.
Lisin is Xena and a hero but only the heroes are aware of this. Please do not discuss this with any other players whatsoever. The only time you may use this information would be if Lisin’s life is in danger during Day, however, you should NOT reveal her identity or how you know this, merely the fact that she is a hero;
Examples:
Correct way: “I’m pretty sure that Lisin is a hero.”
Incorrect way: “I know that Lisin is Xena and a celebrity.”

IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ:
Based on us receiving a question regarding the celebrity status of Lisin, we felt it would be prudent to clarify the situation once more, to ensure everyone is on the same page.

You may not discuss or allude to Lisin’s identity or alignment whatsoever, whether in or out of the game thread. The only time this is permissible would be to defend her if she was accused of being anything other than heroic. Even then you must only state subtly that you think she is heroic or you believe her innocent claims (if she has made any).

Therefore, for example, if you are accused of being a villain or being suspicious or if you are being lynched, you cannot post things like “I know Lisin is a hero!” or use this information in any way to ‘prove’ your hero status. Aka this information cannot be used as a ‘get out of jail free’ card and it will be considered a serious breach of the game rules.

To wit: if you break these rules you will be mod killed.

So please think before you post. If you’re uncertain of what you’re about to post please ask us first, because once you post in the game thread, if it breaks the rules, you will be mod killed regardless.

HangedMan - Meg – A Xena Double, an Innkeeper and Hero
You are Meg, an exact look-a-like of Xena. You use your looks to entice men; however, you do not possess Xena’s many skills. You are cheeky and have a very volatile nature. Ostensibly this is due to your childhood having been extremely rough; from an early age you lived on the streets and later worked in taverns to earn your keep. Despite this you have a kind heart; the original ‘tart with a heart’ could be said of you.

Abilities
The Innkeeper is a protective role. During the Day, the Innkeeper may select up to 2 people to stay at the Inn for that night. The players whom the Innkeeper selects are notified and given a yes/no option to stay at the Inn that night. You will be informed of their decision. Staying at the Inn prevents the guests from performing any night actions, but also protects them that Night, making them immune to most other night actions. However, if the Innkeeper is killed, everyone in the inn is vulnerable to night actions that night. You may not select the same person(s) on consecutive nights. If one of your chosen guests is lynched the same day, their reservation is automatically cancelled and you will have only 1 guest invited.
Please note: If a lynch is completed and Day ends without you submitting your guest list you will have missed the deadline.

MarkHB - Aphrodite - The Olympian Goddess of Love, a Mason and Hero
You are the goddess Aphrodite. You’re beauty personified yet often spiteful and selfish, as well as very immature at times. However, the influence of your half-brother Hercules and your friendships with mortals such as Xena and Gabrielle lead you in some surprising directions. Ironically, you are close to your brother Ares the god of war due to your opposing natures, which must remain in balance.

Abilities
You form a mason pair with your brother, Ares god of war, played by SVNBob.

Caprice - The Chakram – Xena’s trademark deadly weapon, 1 Shot Expert Vigilante and Hero
You are The Chakram, Xena’s mysterious throwing weapon which is circular in shape with a sharpened outer edge but no center. Once thrown you will ricochet off multiple objects before returning to the thrower, who requires a high dexterity to catch. You are arguably the most iconic and enigmatic item in the Xenaverse. Not much is known about you: it is believed that you were possibly given to Xena by the god of war Ares.

Abilities
You may choose to strike at a player on any given night but you may do this only once. Know that you will kill anyone that is with your target (i.e. if the target is being investigated or protected for example) on the night of the kill because as a weapon, the Chakram has no morals and will kill all in it's path (the exception being Xena who would merely catch the Chakram if she is caught in the crossfire). To clarify; as the deadliest of weapons your target will die regardless of any night immunity or protection as will anyone with them at the time.

TJTrack99 - Salmoneus – A Morally Dubious Wheeler Dealer, Vanilla Hero
You are Salmoneous, a shrewd businessman who has engaged in a multitude of ventures (some of which were not entirely legal). You’re always on the lookout to make a quick dinar and not above tricking people by selling faulty goods. Despite your desire for riches and the lifestyle that comes with it, you also possess a genuine, kind-hearted nature; helping Xena and Gabrielle on occasion albeit sometimes rather reluctantly.

Abilities
You are a vanilla townie and as such have no powers in this game.

Lady Calypso - Eve - The Messenger of Eli and former Bringer of Twilight, Vanilla Hero
You are Eve, the adult daughter of Xena. Hours before your birth, The Fates prophesied that you would bring about the death of the Olympians, aka The Twilight of The Gods. Due to a nasty twist of fate you were left to be raised by the Romans, whereby you gained the false identity of Livia, the Bitch of Rome. You slaughtered the followers of Eli and anyone else who stood against Rome. After an epiphany, you saw the light, changed your ways and became loyal to Eli as his Messenger. You later travelled to Greece and China to spread Eli's message and to repent for your sins, much like your mother did.

Abilities

saoirse  - Gabrielle - The Battling Bard of Poteidaia and Amazon Queen, Vanilla Hero
You are Gabrielle, the traveling companion and best friend of Xena. As you accompany Xena on her journey to find redemption you become her moral compass and are also the chronicler of the adventures you have together.
Having grown up on your family's farm in the village of Poteidaia, you began travelling with the recently reformed Xena after she saved your village from the warlord Draco. You were eager to learn how to defend yourself learning as much from Xena as she was willing to show, however, she refused to train you with a lethal weapon, subsequently you chose a non lethal fighting staff as your weapon of choice. You were given the Rite of Caste from the late amazon princess Terreis, which subsequently led to you also becoming an amazon princess. When their queen, Melosa, was killed you automatically inherited the throne, but passed it to fellow amazon Ephiny, because you chose to continue traveling with Xena instead.

Abilities
You are a vanilla townie and as such have no powers in this game, other than your talent for poetry and writing of course.

Yeswedo - Ephany - Queen of the Amazons, Vanilla Hero
You are Ephany, a very close friend of Gabrielle's and Xena's. You are also the proud and loyal Amazon queen of the Telaquire tribe in Gabrielle's absence. As a highly skilled Amazon warrior, you’re an expert with a sword, staff and in hand-to-hand combat. You married the Centaur Phantes and bore his child, Xenan.

Abilities

Dougal - Minya - A Xena Wannabe, Vanilla Hero
You are Minya, a Xena superfan and wannabe. You are a simple, plain and common woman who yearns to be a fierce warrior much like Xena. However, your enthusiasm outweighs your abilities and your attempts at heroics often end in comic relief. You come from the village of Laurel and although initially involved with fellow villager Hower, you later realize you’re a "thespian" after becoming involved with an actress named Pollina.

Abilities

Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves, a Vote Thief and Hero

Abilities
Choose 1 player each night to prevent from voting the following day.

BizBuzz - Argo – Loyal Warhorse and Trusted Steed, a Bodyguard and Hero

Abilities
Choose 1 person to protect each night; you may not protect the same person consecutively. If your target is attacked in most cases they will survive, however, you will die protecting them but also killing the attacker in the process.

SVNBob - Ares - God of War, neither Hero nor Villain but a Double Agent working for only yourself

Abilities
Ares is always looking out for number one. At face value you are a part of the villain team. However, you also form a mason pair with your sister, Aphrodite (a Hero played by MarkHB). You have the choice to be good or evil (or both) to further your plans of complete world domination. You are not permitted to reveal villains identities but can reveal the villain’s plans if you so choose, thereby, revealing you are also part of the villain team. Bear in mind that if you're suspected or caught out by any player in a betrayal within the game thread, you will be mod killed. 
Win condition: survive to the end of the game without being suspected or caught as a double agent.

The Crazed Spruce - Alti  - A Powerful Shamaness, The Gatekeeper, Villain

Abilities
As The Gatekeeper you have a single lynch override. If a team member (including yourself) is lynched you may choose to override the lynch and swap your lynched team mate for a hero of your choice. However, this MUST be submitted during Twilight, this is NOT a Night action. Any submissions or changes after Night has been called will fail without exception.

aquarian1 - Gaius Julius Caesar – Roman general and statesman, the Conqueror of Gaul, Villain Protector

Abilities
Choose one person from your team (yourself included) to protect each night from being Night killed.

Athena - Lao Ma - Defacto Ruler of the Lao Dynasty, Investigator and Hero

Abilities
Investigate 1 person living or dead, each night to discover their alignment.

Drogo - Joxer - Joxer the Mighty, a Prankster and Hero

Abilities
Each Night you may choose 1 player from among those who have not contributed within the game thread at all during the previous Day or Twilight, to usurp their vote for the following Day. Your second vote will be added automatically to any lynch you join as an anonymous vote placed by the mods. If all players contribute you will be unable to use your ability.

Machiabelly - Callisto – A Ruthless Warlord, A Jack of All Trades and Head Villain
You are Callisto, one of the most bloody and ruthless warlords of the age. As a child you were traumatized by evil Xena’s raid on your village, which resulted in your parents deaths. Due to this childhood trauma you’re consumed by a hatred for Xena and a twisted love for violence and pain. Caring nothing for honor or fair play you take delight in tormenting your foes. Being a highly skilled strategist and martial artist you possess fighting skills on par with Xena. However, you often get carried away when fighting, entering a blind rage causing you to lose focus.

Abilities
As a Jack of all trades; you have the following abilities to choose from but may use each only once and only 1 per night: 1 shot doctor, 1 shot investigator and 1 shot lookout. Owing to your awesome fighting abilities you are also a 2 kill, which means that any first attempt on your life will not succeed, however, should you be protected by other means both of your lives will remain intact.
If you need any of these abilities explained please feel free to ask.
Please note: your team’s nightkill ability may be submitted by any member of the villain group.

egavasc - Eli - The Avatar of the God of the Ultimate Way, a Doctor and Hero
You are Eli, a former street magician who realised your true potential as a mystical healer when you discovered you were a Devi and began to follow the Way of Love. After this discovery, you travelled the Earth, preaching the Way of Love to all. You live a life of serenity and compassion, as well as wanting to spread the message of peace from the One God of Love. You were befriended by Xena and Gabrielle (whom you had a profound effect on) during their time in India.

Abilities
Choose 1 person each night to heal from attack, you may not choose the same person 2 nights in a row and you may choose yourself only once.

Jesse - Ming T'ien - The Green Dragon, Framer and Villain
You are Ming T’ien, the son of Lao Ma and Ming Tzu, the rulers of the Lao and Ming Dynasty respectively. Despite your mother’s benevolence you have inherited your father’s cruel and callous nature and given the opportunity never hesitate to act on it.

Abilities
Select one hero each night to appear guilty to any hero investigation(s).

Recap

Day 1

Clue 1: Jesse
Except for a young girl named Callisto, who had witnessed it all and would never be able to shake it off.  
(Shake it Off by Taylor Swift - she was sued for allegedly stealing the lyrics by Jesse Braham.)

Clue 2: Jesse
And just exactly, supposing she escapes again, what then? asked a nervous soldier.
(1st letter of words = Jesse)

No Lynch:
6 to No DL (BizBuzz, Athena, Lady Calypso, egavasc, Drogo, Machiabelly)

Twilight 1

Invited to stay at the Inn: No invites due to a family bereavement.

Accepted/Declined: N/A

Night 1

Clue 1: aquarian1
As they reached the village rustic drumheads were sounded; a mark of respect for their fallen sisters.
(Aquarian is a brand name for drumheads.)

Clue 2: Machiabelly
Be sure to put some warmer clothes on first, otherwise you’ll catch a chill maybe!
(A Chill Maybe is an anagram of Machiabelly)

Night Actions:

Jesse - Framed Drogo
Lisin - Investigated Drogo who was a hero but received a villain result because of Jesse's Frame Job
egavasc - Protected Oinky Boinky
BizBuzz - Guarded aquarian1
Athena - Investigated saoirse
Drogo - Pranked Spruce causing Spruce to lose his vote Day 2 and Drogo’s 2nd anonymous vote was added by the game mods to the Spruce lynch
Oinky Boinky - Stole Machiabelly's Day 2 vote, leaving him unable to vote in any Day 2 lynch
NO KILL ORDER RECEIVED
aquarian1 - Protection power unused
caprice – Power unused

-oOo-

Day 2

Clue1:  The Crazed Spruce
Minya looked crestfallen, “I was hoping for some roast grouse
(A bird of coniferous forests, the Spruce Grouse inhabits much of Canada and portions of the northern United States. Inconspicuous and relatively quiet, it feeds largely on the needles of spruces and other conifers.)

Clue 2: Jesse
With a flick of her hand she cursed the scroll then disappeared.
(Cursed is a film starring Jesse Eisenberg.) 

Clue 3: Jesse
Well, you know me, I could never get enough money or fame
(could never get enough money or fame - 'Jesse' Song Lyric - Donna Hughes)

Lynch: The Crazed Spruce
10 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous, Hanged Man, Lisin, BizBuzz, Athena

Twilight 2

The Crazed Spruce chose to use his Gatekeeper ability and swapped himself with Oinky Boinky causing Oinky Boinky to be lynched instead.

Invited to stay at the Inn: Lisin & Drogo

Accepted/Declined: Both accepted

Night 2

0 Clues

Night Actions:

Lisin - Stayed at the Inn.  Protected but unable to use any ability & Immune to most Night actions.
Drogo - Stayed at the Inn.  Protected but unable to use ability & immune to most Night actions.
egavasc - Protected Hanged Man
BizBuzz - Protected Dougal - Died protecting him
Athena - Investigated Drogo - Failed – Drogo immune because he stayed at the Inn
Machiabelly - Lookout on aquarian1 - Nobody visited aquarian1
aquarian1 - Protected Spruce
Jesse - Framed egavasc
SVNBob - Submitted kill order on Dougal who was protected by BizBuzz which caused BizBuzz and SVNBob to kill each other.
caprice – Power unused

-oOo-

Day 3

Clue1: aquarian1
It was nothing more than a simple metamorphosis illusion Alti shrugged.
(Magic Trick)

Clue 2:  Machiabelly
Her beautiful horse, snatched from her so cruelly, she saw that each limb lay unmoving.
(Each Limb Lay was an anagram of Machiabelly)

Lynch: The Crazed Spruce
9 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Drogo, yeswedo, Hanged Man, Jesse, egavasc, Athena, Dougal, Machiabelly)

Twilight 3

Invited to stay at the Inn: Athena & saoirse

Accepted/Declined: Athena declined / saoirse accepted

Night 3

0 Clues

Night Actions:

Athena - Investigated aquarian1 – Discovered her villainy
Lisin - Used Lookout power on Lady Calypso – discovered Jesse had visited Lady Calypso
saoirse - Stayed at the Inn, Protected against most Night actions
egavasc – Protected Drogo
Machiabelly – Used Doctor power on Jesse
Jesse – Framed Lady Calypso and submitted kill order on Drogo
Drogo - Chose not to use ability against Lisin who was his only option
caprice – Power unused

-oOo-

Day 4

Clue 1: Jesse
A wooden spoon, 2 bowls, jerky, elderberries, sea salt, eggs, bread, butter and cheese
(1st letter of words = Jesse)

Joxer felt his stomach rumble
(stomach = belly = Machiabelly)

Lynch: aquarian1
8 to DL aquarian1 (saoirse, Hanged Man, Drogo, Lady Calypso, Athena, Dougal, Jesse, Lisin)

Twilight 4

Invited to stay at the Inn: Drogo & caprice

Accepted/Declined: Drogo accepted / caprice declined

Night 4

0 clues

Night Actions:

Drogo – Stayed at the Inn.  Protected but unable to use Night ability & Protected from most Night actions
Athena – Investigated caprice – Discovered caprice was a hero
egavasc – Protected caprice
Machiabelly – Investigated saoirse – Discovered saoirse was Gabrielle, a hero
Jesse – Framed Lady Calypso and submitted kill order on Athena
Lisin – Remaining 2 abilities unused
caprice – Power unused

-oOo-

Day 5

Clue1: Jesse
Should they decide to exact retribution, the legions will fall down like rain upon us
(Jesse Cook, famous musician playing guitar. Songs include "Down like rain")

The sweetness of power is within my grasp; at last, the kingdom of Lao will be mine, as it should have been all along
(The Sweetness of Power: Machiavelli's "Discourses" and Guicciardini's "Considerations")

Lynch: Machiabelly
7 to DL Machiabelly (Drogo, saoirse, yeswedo, Dougal, egavasc, caprice, Lady Calypso

Twilight 5

Invited to stay at the Inn: No invitations submitted

Accepted/Declined: n/a

Mod Kill: Drogo
Broke the Celebrity rule by using Lisin’s status in thread for something other than defending her life. (See Heroes PM additional message for clarification).

Night 5

0 Clues

Night Actions:

caprice - targeted Machiabelly Using 1 Shot Expert Vigilante ability
Lisin - targeted Machiabelly using her 1 vigilante kill
Jesse - Framed Lisin and submitted kill order on egavasc
egavasc - Protected saoirse

-oOo-

Day 6

Clue: Jesse
I tell you, when I get back home there’s a lovely little steak and seafood tavern
(http://www.jesses.com/#featured-dish)

Lynch: Jesse
6 to DL Jesse (Hanged Man, Dougal, MarkHB, Lady Calypso, saoirse, yeswedo)

Twilight 6

Invited to stay at the Inn: Lady Calypso & MarkHB

Accepted/Declined: Both accepted

GAME ANALYSIS Q&A
We had a few questions that occurred to us during the game so decided to ask them in here. Conversely, if any of you want to ask us anything please feel free to do so in here.

• We noticed that a couple of people referred to this: Do you think you need a power to be ‘useful’ and/or proactive as a hero in mafia?
• Drogo – You knew Lisin was Xena and you knew all the other heroes also had that information; so, by constantly mentioning her in your list of ‘suspects’ were you not concerned that your fellow heroes would think you were a villain or even an sk?
• This one is for Lisin & Athena: We wondered why both of you never shared with your fellow heroes the information that you received from investigations (Lisin on Drogo and Athena on aquarian1) - both were villains? (Drogo due to being Framed).
• Villains, what made you decide to try to kill Drogo when – in our opinion - it was highly likely he would be protected on Night 3 given his ‘suspicious list’ post in the game thread?
• How well does everyone think the Celebrity power worked?
• Lisin, you used your lookout power on Lady Calypso on Night 3 and discovered that Jesse had visited her. Her visit to Lady Calypso could have been as a doctor, a bodyguard or any type of ability that reveals no information, but it appeared that when Jesse stated she had no specific information on anyone, that made you very suspicious of her. Was it because of her visit?

• We stopped putting clues in the Night stories after Night 1 because we felt that people generally don’t go back to the Night stories looking for clues. Was anyone bothered by having no clues in the Night stories?

• Love 4