Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am usually quick to jump on a bandwagon, I can't this time. Sorry.

With an Anonymous vote coming in, I can't say as I blame you.  Since that usually means we're on the path to doing what the Villains want, I think I'll do the opposite.  I'm taking back my vote for now.

6 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous), 4 to break out the toast.

• Love 2

I'm usually quick to jump on a DL bandwagon, just because I want to move things along and I am easily swayed. And it kept getting heros killed.  So although I don't have any good arguments either way, I am not going to vote at this time.

• Love 2

Wait ...

First ... I think the count is wrong.

Second ... Wow, what do we have against TCS? The wood thing? I actually pointed to Athena and she mentioned TCS. That gives me pause.

Third ... Not voting until I hear from TCS.

Biz it was not the wood thing at all - it was the FREAKIN = CRAZED thing. Freakin is an odd way for a love goddess to refer to herself.

There are 3 clues in the story - please if someone sees something else out of the things we have discussed, bring it forward. 

I think the numbers mean something also but can't relate it to anyone. 

Of course I don't know if I am right but this is a smidge more than nothing and we can not do nothing another day. 

If someone has a better idea - get busy with it. 

• Love 3

With an Anonymous vote coming in, I can't say as I blame you.  Since that usually means we're on the path to doing what the Villains want, I think I'll do the opposite.  I'm taking back my vote for now.

6 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous), 4 to break out the toast.

Yeah, the Anonymous vote in the middle of the pack doesn't bother me-- in fact it makes me feel better about the vote. 

Some time ago when I was a Villain (and a woman) my Villains team decided to throw an Anonymous vote toward a DL on one of our own to sway others from continuing the vote.  It totally worked. 

If Spruce were Hero, the Villains would hold onto that Anon vote until the end so it wouldn't turn us off.  They know we're itching to DL today after a No-DL Day 1, and turning us off to this vote would mean more chance we'd go after one of them today. 

• Love 3

Seriously ... 

When I posted at around 2am, I thought the counts were off ... ugh ... now I sound like a crazy person.  Ugh.

Ok ... I want to hear from TCS ... I am a hero, and have been a hero when I was DL'd without being able to give a testimony to my innocence.  If it gets close to twilight and he hasn't spoken up with some sort of comment to his status, I will join the vote.

I will say, it's confusing that an anonymous vote was added before the end ... that is a head scratcher.  It was an extremely fast gallop to DL ... hmmmmm ...

• Love 2

Drogo - you took the words right out of my mouth...

In the past as villains we would hold that vote to the very end so as not to scare people off the DL. 

The only way that would not be is if it was some sort of automatic kick in - and if it kicked in automatically it doesn't signify either. 

(sorry I am extremely anti edit but that had to go)

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 3

Okay, I kinda get why that might look like a clue pointing to me, but it can't be, because I am a hero. I'd hint at who I am, but I haven't seen the show in years, and hardly even remember my character.

And believe me, I wish I could vote for someone else, but I can't find a real clue in the story, so I have no idea who to target.

• Love 3

Wait ...

Second ... Wow, what do we have against TCS? The wood thing? I actually pointed to Athena and she mentioned TCS. That gives me pause.

Third ... Not voting until I hear from TCS.

Actually, I was the one who brought up Spruce in response to you pointing at Athena. I wasn't accusing him of anything, I just found it interesting that you would be looking in a different direction while citing wood and trees as pinging for you.

The anonymous vote is bothering me coming this early, but I don't have anything else.

• Love 2

I only pointed out Spruce because to be honest, I think wood is a weak argument for anyone especially since we've lynched Spruce in previous games based on wood before.

I'm mixed on the vote since I have been keeping my eye on some players here and not sure where they stand. I'd like to hear from a couple of non-voters as well since I know I can trust one of them.

• Love 3

Any DL'ing of Spruce that I am behind is not because of the wood clue. I am for a DL because a species of grouse is called: Spruce grouse, Falcipennis canadensis (and if you go to that wiki page you are helpfully told that the Spruce Grouse is not the Spruce Goose) I think we need to DL someone and no one has claimed to be a villain so in all probability we are going to DL a hero, but even if it is a hero we get voting records and arguments for and against

I am probably out for the rest of the day so please check my numbers to make sure they add up and adjust if needed.

7 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous, HM), 3 to hop aboard the Spruce Goose.

edited for some weird doubling that I got

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3

I'm mixed on the vote since I have been keeping my eye on some players here and not sure where they stand. I'd like to hear from a couple of non-voters as well since I know I can trust one of them.

That was a little enlightening ...

So you're associating me with wood? Isn't that what happened to Spruce before?

I was wondering when you were going to spit out your latest theory. If you're busy looking at wood and trees, I'd think the clues were leading us to Spruce, rather than Athena.

Both Athena and caprice pointed to TCS when my original speculation was directed to Athena alone ... one has to pause to consider the ramifications of this latest development ...

I will say I am highly disappointed in the appearance of TCS ... hmmmm ... didn't really add anything to spur conversation either way ... know what I mean?  

We have a bit of time left ... I am not ready to vote ...

• Love 2

Any DL'ing of Spruce that I am behind is not because of the wood clue. I am for a DL because a species of grouse is called: Spruce grouse, Falcipennis canadensis (and if you go to that wiki page you are helpfully told that the Spruce Grouse is not the Spruce Goose) I think we need to DL someone and no one has claimed to be a villain so in all probability we are going to DL a hero, but even if it is a hero we get voting records and arguments for and against

But the first species of grouse listed is Siberian Grouse. Doesn't someone have a huge fur hat on in their avatar? And, of course, as was discussed previously, grouse might not even be a clue.

• Love 2

We have spruce grouse, freakin' = crazed, and three 5s = 15 = number of letters in "The Crazed Spruce". Any single one could be anything, but with three of them, I'm still feeling stronger about this than anyone else.

• Love 3

I honestly don't know if this is right or not but I'm also going to be out on and off all day and I don't want to do nothing so at the risk of being wrong but maybe finding something else out in the process:

8 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous, HM, Lisin), 2 to hope the clues are true.

• Love 3

We have spruce grouse, freakin' = crazed, and three 5s = 15 = number of letters in "The Crazed Spruce". Any single one could be anything, but with three of them, I'm still feeling stronger about this than anyone else.

Ok ... this was a good clue ... one I feel compelled to follow ... so with that ...

9 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous, HM, Lisin, BizBuzz), 1 to ride into the sunset.

• Love 2

Alright, I'll finish this off. The Spruce grouse is good for now.

Sorry Spruce!

10 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous, HM, Lisin, BizBuzz, Athena), 0 to go to Olympus.

• Love 3

I just had a thought...

(brace yourselves)

we had 3 fives= 15 and with the numbers we also had 6, 10 and then no-one 16-1 = 15

It may not mean the numbers for The Crazed Spruce but that is the closest I have come to making sense of the numbers.

• Love 3

I am probably out for the rest of the day so please check my numbers to make sure they add up and adjust if needed.

7 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, Dougal, Anonymous, HM), 3 to hop aboard the Spruce Goose.

edited for some weird doubling that I got

Okay, this is something I could go for.

That was a little enlightening ...

Both Athena and caprice pointed to TCS when my original speculation was directed to Athena alone ... one has to pause to consider the ramifications of this latest development ...

I will say I am highly disappointed in the appearance of TCS ... hmmmm ... didn't really add anything to spur conversation either way ... know what I mean?  

We have a bit of time left ... I am not ready to vote ...

What development? I'm trying to show you that it is possible to introduce a thought without pointing fingers. You were suspicious of Athena, I was suggesting that the things you were bringing up could have pointed to someone else just as easily.

• Love 3

Man guys. It's really hard to be involved when you have a 10 person DL completed before I finish work. Although I'm still not sure what I would have done. The clues are compelling but the pile on has me a little wary. The outcome will give me a better idea of whom to trust.

• Love 3

I want to make it clear that it wasn't that I had any problem with the Spruce lynch...I just can't bring myself to vote today.

Oh...and it looks like Spruces grouse is cooked.

Sorry, I will show myself to the door

• Love 4

MOD NOTE:

Since I am not a night owl, I will not be up at 12:11 am EST and since Silver is not an early bird she will not be awake at 5:11 UK time.

Please consider this as notice that the 12 hr deadline for submitting Twilight actions will close at 12:11 am EST. However, the Twilight period will continue until the Night story is posted. Therefore, feel free to continue any game discussion(s) until that happens.

What development? I'm trying to show you that it is possible to introduce a thought without pointing fingers. You were suspicious of Athena, I was suggesting that the things you were bringing up could have pointed to someone else just as easily.

My head works a little different than most ... what I think is relevant, most people would just dismiss, and vice versa.  

• Love 1

Reading the story again

I think our clues or clue is book ended by the bolded text. 

Other than the titles it only appears in this area...

me is the state of my temple, look at it!” she replied irritably as she waved her hand around.
“Yeah, you’re followers do seem to have let things slip” he grinned mischievously.
“You don’t say…this is the FIFTH temple left like this in a week!” she screeched. “What’s with these people? Am I not beautiful enough? Am I not the essence of divinity?! I’m the freakin goddess of love!

Our potential of freakin being a clue is within the bolded area.

Also: FIFTH which as well as being 5 could be a bottle of liquor but I don't know if our mods minds drift that way or only Americans would.

Also: the 'essence of divinity' is sugar which the bakers or candy makers among us will know. Is sugar a clue?

I tried to make some sense of the italicized bits but there were too many and scattered. The bolding to me sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Love 2

Night 2

This Little Piggy…

The group arrived at a large busy town. “We need to replenish our supplies” Gabrielle said, eyeing the wares on sale, as they entered the marketplace. “Come on Joxer, you can help me carry stuff” she headed off in the direction of a baker’s stall, with Joxer following behind. Xena looked around the bustling market. She handed Argo’s reins to Minya, “Look after Argo for me, I’ll meet you back here in a while” she told her and Autolycus.
“Where are you going?” Minya asked.
“I’ve just spotted an old friend I’d like to go say hello to” Xena replied as she walked away.
Xena mingled with the crowd gathered around a stall and watched as the seller plied his wares, “…None finer this side of Macedonia! Limited supplies! Special offer!” he proclaimed to his audience.
“But what is it for?” a young woman asked.
“The lovely young lady is astute, she asks the question on everyone’s lips!” he smarmed.
“This my dear lady, is a pet rock. Just imagine, a pet that never needs feeding, never wakes you up in the middle of the night. A pet that never needs cleaning up after because it doesn’t make a mess. It’s always there for you when you need it, a loyal, constant companion! And all for the special LOW price of 9 dinars!” he enthused.
The small crowd began to melt away and sensing he was losing potential customers he rallied, “TWO FOR ONE! TODAY ONLY!”
As the last few people walked off, only a smirking Xena was left, “It would seem people do actually have more sense than money after all” she said as she walked over to him.
“Xena! What are you doing here? I m-mean, good to see you! How are you?”
“You never change Salmoneus” Xena remarked, picking up one of the rocks, “Pet rocks?” she raised an eyebrow.
“These rustic types, pfft, they wouldn’t know a good deal if it came up to them, did a dance and jumped into their arms” Salmoneus bemoaned.
“Or perhaps, they just know a con when they see one?” Xena suggested.
Ignoring that, he asked, “What brings you here? Is it the execution tomorrow?” he said in hushed tones.
“Which execution would that be?” Xena enquired.
Gabrielle arrived at the stall and trailing in her wake was a stumbling Joxer who was overloaded with numerous packages.
“Xena, I got such a good deal!” she enthused.
“Give me a minute, Gabrielle” Xena replied holding up a hand. She focused her attention back on Salmoneus. “You were telling me about this execution?”
“Oh, I just assumed…nevermind, some woman who apparently got caught practising dark magic, very bad business. They’re executing her tomorrow” he gossiped.
“Dark magic, that’s fairly unusual around these parts. What’s her name?” Xena asked, her interest piqued.
“Hmmm, some foreign name…begins with an A…Anna, Alice? No….Alti, that’s it, her name is Alti” he replied helpfully.
Xena’s jaw clenched and her hand instinctively tightened on her Chakram. Noticing Xena’s visceral reaction to the name, Gabrielle asked her, “What is it Xena, what’s wrong? Who’s Alti?”
She drew Gabrielle to one side, “She’s someone from my past” Xena began…

“After Caesar broke my legs, I’d aligned myself with a warlord named Borias. He and I travelled to a few different places, one of which was Siberia. It was there I met Alti, an ex-Amazon turned Shamaness. She offered to teach me The Dark Power through control of the spirit realm. “I want to tap into the heart of darkness, the sheer naked will behind all cravings, hatred and violence. I will become the face of death destroying not only a person's body, but their soul. Help me and I'll make you the Destroyer of Nations.” she told me.
I needed to slaughter all of the Northern Amazon leaders, including their queen, and our bargain would be struck. I did what she wanted and Alti was in the midst of preparing a dark magic ritual to seal our deal.
It was around this time that Alti revealed, in front of Borias, that she knew I was with child, I hadn’t told anyone, even Borias. This news spurred Borias into action; he’d never liked Alti and didn’t want her around our child. He believed she was leading me to a very dark a place, so he banished her. As she left, she placed a curse upon us. I still remember each word of it with utter clarity: “Son of darkness - enemy of the land.  Come and curse the child that Xena carries within her.  Make sure that he never experiences the love of either of his parents”.
My son has never known the love of his mother or father” she bitterly recalled.
“Xena, I’m so sorry” Gabrielle reached out and took her hand.
Loathe to be seen showing weakness at that moment, Xena simply replied, “It’s fine, I know my son is safe, well and loved. That’s all that matters” she said with an unconvincing smile. “But let me tell you, I’ve waited a long time to see Alti again, and I’ll be delighted to be there for her end” her smile hardened.

A Foul Roast

The following day a large crowd had gathered to see the witch burn. Alti, flanked by two guards, walked unrepentant as she passed through the gathering throng, an aura of malevolence radiated from her dark soul. Her eyes fell upon Xena and she scowled in recognition, but it was Autolycus that caused her to stop in her tracks. A brief vision of him stealing the Amazon relic she coveted, had flashed through her mind. She glared at him menacingly, which caused Autolycus to take a step back. A guard shoved her and she resumed her slow walk. As she approached a horse and cart, she whispered a quick incantation and the horse reared up, then bolted with the cart in tow. The crowd panicked, people fled in all directions to escape being trampled. In the confusion, Alti wrenched free from the guard who held her arm and disappeared into the crowd. As she made her way through the chaos, back to where Xena had stood, she muttered a complex incantation which completely altered her appearance. She found Xena and her companions trying to calm the situation now that the horse was under control. Alti shouted, “She’s escaped, the witch has escaped!” and pointed to a nonplussed Autolycus. Xena swung around and grabbed the glamoured Autolycus, “What the…!” he said in shock.
“You’re not escaping Alti!” Xena growled then punched him viciously, knocking him to the ground and breaking his jaw. “And don’t even think about casting any spells” Xena warned, as she trod on his hands, breaking his fingers. The guards returned and Xena hauled him up and handed him back to them.
“She almost got away, that was close” Alti said, in her guise as Autolycus.
They watched as the struggling woman was tied to the stake. Xena was surprised to see Alti behaving in such a frantic fashion but merely put it down to the realisation that death was indeed coming for her.
“I can’t watch this” ‘Autolycus’ said loudly as he strode away.
The fire grew hotter as the woman’s screams grew quieter. “Tell Hades I said hello” Xena murmured with cold satisfaction.

They Seek Him Here, They Seek Him There

“Where’s Autolycus?” Xena asked as the group ate breakfast.
“He never came back to camp last night” Joxer replied with a mouthful of bread and cheese.
“That’s odd, it’s not like him to disappear without a word” Xena said irritated.
“Maybe he got real friendly with a girl at a tavern?” Minya grinned mischievously.
“Maybe…we’ll have to go find him” Xena sighed.
They asked at each tavern but nobody had seen anyone matching his description. Xena felt a niggling unease that she couldn’t put her finger on, “We’ll just have to widen the search. Minya, you and Joxer go search the marketplace, maybe he got drunk and fell asleep in an alleyway” Xena instructed. “Gabrielle and I will take a walk through the streets”.
A while later they arrived at the place where Alti had been executed the previous day. As Xena stood in front of the charred body, still tied to the stake, she felt nothing. The sun glinted off of a ring still attached to one finger, which drew Xena’s eye. She moved closer to get a better look. ‘That ring looks familiar’ she thought. Looking up, it dawned on her that this body was much taller than Alti…and she suddenly recalled where she had seen the ring before. She looked back at Gabrielle in horror, then began frantically untying the body from the stake, “Oh no, no, no, no, no” Xena pleaded.
“Xena? What is it, you’re scaring me” Gabrielle rushed over.
“I’m so sorry, so very, very sorry. I didn’t know” Xena told the body cradled in her arms.
Confused and panicked, Gabrielle knelt down beside her, “Xena?!”
“Gabrielle, this isn’t Alti… it’s Autolycus” she replied as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Twilight has drawn to a close and Night has officially fallen, please cease and desist from gameplay conversation and head over to the bar until Day begins. You have 24 hrs to submit your Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

There are 0 clues in this story.

Living players: Still in the hands of The Fates

• Drogo
• aquarian1
• Machiabelly
• Lisin
• BizBuzz
• Athena
• Jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• caprice
• SVNBob
• TJtrack99
• The Crazed Spruce
• egavasc
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

Dead players: Gone to The Underworld

Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves
You are Autolycus the self-proclaimed "King of Thieves".  A master thief, a skilled fighter and a great escape artist, capable of escaping 200 chain locks in less than a night. You are often described as having 'a heart of gold'. You are good friends with Xena and Gabrielle, often accompanying them in their travels and aiding them in their endeavours, although they don't always fully trust you because of your devious nature.