Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Mysteries: Mysterious Small Town Hijinks Ensue - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

Please keep the discussion here to Hallmark Mystery Movies - discussion of general Hallmark movies or news should be done in the Hallmark Movie Channel topic. Thank you.

• Start Topic

On 2/9/2022 at 8:25 AM, ctlady said:

The jacket thing was convoluted.  It seems Missy/Mitzy (pageant coordinator) had on a jacket the same color as the mom of the disqualified girl.  Missy took her jacket off and put it on the back of the chair, but later surveillance shows who appeared to be her with jacket and matching pants on walking in the background, but Missy's jacket was still on the back of the chair.  which means the person walking away wasn't Missy, but the pageant mom dressed exactly the same way

So I had actually understood all that but what I don't understand is what any of that had to do with solving the murder.  And what about the rabbit hair that they made a big deal out of being on the jacket?

Also have to add that I thought it was downright b*tchy of Allie to take such an attitude about her sister being considered a suspect.  Her family is not above the law and she treated the new detective like absolute sh*t for just doing his job.  If it was supposed to be cute or funny, it wasn't, at least to me.  In fact, I bet if she saw someone else doing that, she would peg them as a suspect because of their behavior.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2022 at 5:25 AM, ctlady said:

The jacket thing was convoluted.  It seems Missy/Mitzy (pageant coordinator) had on a jacket the same color as the mom of the disqualified girl.  Missy took her jacket off and put it on the back of the chair, but later surveillance shows who appeared to be her with jacket and matching pants on walking in the background, but Missy's jacket was still on the back of the chair.  which means the person walking away wasn't Missy, but the pageant mom dressed exactly the same way

The person walking away was Mitzy but she was wearing the wrong jacket. The pageant mom put her jacket on one chair and a minute later Mitzy put her jacket of a stack of two chairs. A few minutes later Mitzy grabs the wrong jacket and walks past her own jacket. 

17 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So I had actually understood all that but what I don't understand is what any of that had to do with solving the murder.  And what about the rabbit hair that they made a big deal out of being on the jacket?

Realizing that the two women had similar hair and that Mitzy was wearing the wrong coat made Allie realize the pageant mom was the real target. That changed the motive making the mother of the disqualified contestant the most likely suspect. 

The rabbit hair was a red herring. They were assuming that it got on her when she was killed. 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:11 PM, LuvMyShows said:

And how did the police chief and detective know that something was wrong with Allie, and then something about tracking her with her phone?

She left the voicemail combined with her not showing up at the pageant presumably made them realize something was wrong. Then they traced her phone. 

Edited by Guest
On 1/25/2022 at 1:33 AM, Dani said:

Looks like they are about to start filming a new mystery series. The site that lists movies filming In Vancouver shows one called Dying For Chocolate. Andrew Walker posted an Instagram story of the script and tagged HMM and Nikki Deloach. It is based on a Diane Mott Davidson mystery book series.

This is so exciting to hear. I read all her books. I can't wait to watch it. I always thought those books would make a great series on HMM.

When i was reading the books, years ago i always pictured Tyne Daily as Marla.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 3
On 2/9/2022 at 8:25 AM, ctlady said:
On 2/8/2022 at 11:11 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Was it showing the new detective being at her late husband's funeral?

The photos looked like surveillance ones of when her husband was a cop/detective and being handed something.  Turned out the handee was the new detective guy (I just don't remember his name)

I was wondering the same thing.  I have very mixed feelings about the end.  I'm glad that it didn't end with the typical Hallmark "this will be leading to a romance in the future" vibes. But we all know that he was probably working undercover (because this is Hallmark) and "this will be leading to a romance in the future" (because this is Hallmark).  I'm still upset about the way that the last Mystery 101 (the flash forward) ended. I'm hoping that that's some sort of undercover sting, so that may be coloring what I'm saying about this ending.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Dani said:

The person walking away was Mitzy but she was wearing the wrong jacket. The pageant mom put her jacket on one chair and a minute later Mitzy but her jacket of a stack of two chairs. A few minutes later Mitzy grabs the wrong jacket and walks past her own chair. 

Realizing that the two women had similar hair and that Mitzy was wearing the wrong coat made Allie realize the pageant mom was the target. 

OK, so did I miss the real ending?  I thought that the pageant mom killer was the one whose daughter had been disqualified cause of the GPA and she killed Mitzy in anger.  But was the real target another pageant mom, and was it because the child was a threat in the competition or was it because that was the family that ratted out the kid 'cause of the GPA?  But if so, why would the murderer, thinking she was following the other mom, have followed her all the way to Mitzy's office and killed her there, and also not realized at any time that she was following the wrong person?

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, so did I miss the real ending?  I thought that the pageant mom killer was the one whose daughter had been disqualified cause of the GPA and she killed Mitzy in anger.  But was the real target another pageant mom, and was it because the child was a threat in the competition or was it because that was the family that ratted out the kid 'cause of the GPA?  But if so, why would the murderer, thinking she was following the other mom, have followed her all the way to Mitzy's office and killed her there, and also not realized at any time that she was following the wrong person?

I hope I'm getting this right because the end seemed rushed to me -- especially luring Ali to the site of her husband's murder. Pageant Mom of the daughter with the too low GPA thought she was killing Pageant Mom who told Mitzi about the too low GPA. It was never explained who she didn't wonder why the other mom was going to Mitzi's office.  I'm assuming that Mitzi never turned around and from the back, with the wrong jacket and the new blond hair, Mitzi looked exactly like the other mom. To be honest, I felt like it was lazy writing.

24 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

I hope I'm getting this right because the end seemed rushed to me -- especially luring Ali to the site of her husband's murder. Pageant Mom of the daughter with the too low GPA thought she was killing Pageant Mom who told Mitzi about the too low GPA. It was never explained who she didn't wonder why the other mom was going to Mitzi's office.  I'm assuming that Mitzi never turned around and from the back, with the wrong jacket and the new blond hair, Mitzi looked exactly like the other mom. To be honest, I felt like it was lazy writing.

That’s exactly what happened. It really was lazy writing and would have been so easy to fix. Have Mitzi get her new hair just before she was killed so that very few people knew she has changed it and put some kind of distinguishing feature on the back of the jacket. That would explained why the killer made the mistake. Nearly identical black blazers and shoulder length blonde hair is ridiculous flimsy justification for killing the wrong person in their own office. 

On 2/6/2022 at 11:04 PM, MerBearHou said:

I enjoyed Cut, Color, Murder.  I like the two leads - Julie Gonzalo and Ryan McPartlin - and the supporting cast.  The Hallmark mystery series are always preferable to me over the Hallmark romance movies.  Glad to see a new mystery series and I hope that Hallmark has more in the works.  

Is Cut, Color, Murder a series? Is this why the very ending of this "movie" had me scratching my head??? If this was a feature TV movie, then someone please explain that ending to me. Thanks.

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

But was the real target another pageant mom, and was it because the child was a threat in the competition or was it because that was the family that ratted out the kid 'cause of the GPA? 

It wasn’t just about the daughter being disqualified. The target mom and the murdering mom spent the whole movie arguing about how they sabotaged each other in their own pageant days. The murderer was over the gpa issue and that she lost years before to the target mom. 

6 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Is Cut, Color, Murder a series? Is this why the very ending of this "movie" had me scratching my head??? If this was a feature TV movie, then someone please explain that ending to me. Thanks.

It was a pilot for a potential mystery series. 

16 hours ago, Dani said:

The person walking away was Mitzy but she was wearing the wrong jacket. The pageant mom put her jacket on one chair and a minute later Mitzy put her jacket of a stack of two chairs. A few minutes later Mitzy grabs the wrong jacket and walks past her own jacket. 

Realizing that the two women had similar hair and that Mitzy was wearing the wrong coat made Allie realize the pageant mom was the real target. That changed the motive making the mother of the disqualified contestant the most likely suspect. 

The rabbit hair was a red herring. They were assuming that it got on her when she was killed. 

She left the voicemail combined with her not showing up at the pageant presumably made them realize something was wrong. Then they traced her phone. 

I've been reading the last two pages of this thread about Cut, Color, Murder. All my questions are pretty much cleared up thanks to this forum.

This is the very first mystery Hallmark Movie I have watched. I knew about it because the promo was being shown on the regular Hallmark Channel which I am an avid fan of. This movie looked interesting so I recorded it. Glad I did. I do hope it becomes a series because I need an explanation for that ending scene.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

It wasn’t just about the daughter being disqualified. The target mom and the murdering mom spent the whole movie arguing about how they sabotaged each other in their own pageant days. The murderer was over the gpa issue and that she lost years before to the target mom. 

It was a pilot for a potential mystery series. 

Thanks. I figured that out after reading; the last couple of pages of this thread.

I watched the new Aurora Teagarden, and I am not a fan of scary/spooky in general, so this one was very difficult for me to watch.  In fact, I was so weirded out, that I didn't watch the very last scene, where they did a close-up on the painting.  Did it show something creepy, like the guy in the painting smiling or crying or something? 

It doesn't seem consistent that Aurora would just accept having elements of the supernatural remain unexplained, such as the moving fog, the dementia woman gaining access to the house via the ghost opening the door for her, and the music that only those in love could hear.  (And Nick's suggested explanation for hidden speakers wouldn't make sense, since then everybody would be able to hear it.)  We also never saw why the wooden wheelchair in the hidden room moved early on in the episode and how/why the hidden door closed/re-opened on Aurora.  And how did the dementia woman's daughter keep gaining access to the house?

I did enjoy seeing teenage Sally and Aurora and Arthur, but the teenage Sally was pretty terrible.  Her voice always only sounded one way no matter what she was saying. Gotta say I'm not a fan of Nick's beard...it looked too dark for his coloring and complexion.  Maybe if it had been less full?  Or maybe I'm just a fan of the clean-cut look for him! 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

In fact, I was so weirded out, that I didn't watch the very last scene, where they did a close-up on the painting.  Did it show something creepy, like the guy in the painting smiling or crying or something? 

I had to rewind to be sure what I saw, but yes, the close-up of the last scene of the painting, when Aurora and Nick were dancing, the eyes in the painting blinked.

You're so right -- still a lot of unanswered questions as they wrapped up whodunit.  So I guess we're supposed to think the house is truly haunted which accounts for the unexplained.

I actually did enjoy this new Aurora Teagarden movie because it was just suspenseful enough for me without making me change the channel.  I, too, don't like to be overly scared -- just can't take it! 

I loathe Nick's new look -- dyed dark, long hair and very full beard.  It was distracting.  I don't know about any of the rest of you -- maybe it's just me -- but I find Nick to be so annoying.  How many times does he say "are you ok?" all throughout the episodes and even though he's a psychology professor, he spouts out platitudes that are so placating and maddening.  I just want to punch him sometimes and I would never, never, ever find that personality attractive.  Sure, if you're in a psychiatrist's office, that's what they might say, but this is his everyday-speak.

The young Sally (Lexa's real life daughter) had an awful, flat voice but thankfully, we didn't have to hear her much.  I'm hoping that's a one-and-done.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 3

Awww, I liked this one a lot! I adore ghosts and haunted houses. It was predictable that Ezra's ghost was real -- they set that up very clearly -- but I found the murder mystery fun.

I really hope Nick shaves and cuts his hair before the next movie. The pandemic look is not good on him.

I thought both the teenage girls did passable imitations of their mothers. Are they terrific actresses? Nah, but I wasn't expecting them to be. They were stunt casting, and it was all in fun.

Only the house itself bugged me. It was a Victorian that had had MASSIVE remodeling done, but the mirror and the furniture with the trigger for the secret door were there and the electrical hadn't been updated.

The timeline for the restoration didn't work either. I'd put it... late 90s? Tile countertops, but walls removed to make a more open main floor. That 1990s kitchen is what blew it for me believing the renovation was done after the teens found the body.

I know. I'm overthinking. Other than that I loved the movie. I've missed this channel!

• Love 5

I loved the latest Aurora Teagarden! With so many movies (and hopefully more to come), I’m glad they’re exploring different tropes like the supernatural.

I was distracted by Nick’s beard, but Candace explained on Instagram that Niall Matter had an accident and ended up with more than two dozen stitches in his face! He grew the beard to cover and they must have darkened/added to it as camouflage. Hope he heals well!

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

As soon as the daughter had speaking lines & ended up in more that one scene, I knew she was involved, there was no other reason for her to be there.

For me, it was when the mother was asked why she came over to the house and the mother replied because her daughter sent her.  And then the daughter said "no, I was at X class."

But of course her daughter did. 

• Love 1

I also enjoyed the newest Aurora Teagarden.  While I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural at all and am firmly pro-science and the scientific method, I still liked it.  This cast just gets better and better and there were quite a few times I laughed out loud. 

I didn't peg Lillian as a ghost buster and am glad they're giving her room to grow as a character.  The young man who plays Philip is as cute as ever and his vibe with Aida is believable as an aunt and nephew who are close.  It was also good to see some of the real murders club members again.

Also agree that Nick's beard was a terrible look but reading the explanation for it makes sense.  I hope Niall M. is healing from his injury and feels comfortable enough to shave it off for the next movie, ha ha.    CCB's daughter pulled off some of Ro's mannerisms and Alexa's Doig's daughter did a good job as the young, scared Sally.  The kid who played Arthur was OK, too, and having him be the one who ran away shrieking was pretty funny.

I just wish this channel would recommit to mysteries.  It doesn't seem like there's anything but generic romance movies in the foreseeable future which is a drag.  I have zero interest in their love stories and Christmas movies.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6

“I just wish this channel would recommit to mysteries.  It doesn't seem like there's anything but generic romance movies in the foreseeable future which is a drag.  I have zero interest in their love stories and Christmas movies.“

same here. No interest in romance at all. Hardly ever watch the schlock Hallmark has become. It’s 99% romance, under 30, Christmas ( romance!🤮

more mysteries, comedies etc would be nice. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

No interest in romance at all. Hardly ever watch the schlock Hallmark has become. It’s 99% romance, under 30, Christmas ( romance!🤮

I think the reason it’s lasted so long is that viewers will tolerate the schlock if it features actors/actresses they like. Since those are different for everyone, the schlock still gets enough viewers. I have noticed that upcoming movies have more out of country locations and apparently they’ve made another “Hall of Fame” production. Let’s hope they toss the dumb, predictable, romance formula. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Daff said:

I think the reason it’s lasted so long is that viewers will tolerate the schlock if it features actors/actresses they like. Since those are different for everyone, the schlock still gets enough viewers. I have noticed that upcoming movies have more out of country locations and apparently they’ve made another “Hall of Fame” production. Let’s hope they toss the dumb, predictable, romance formula. 

The Hall of Fame movie that they are showing this weekend isn't new. It is from 2014.

I thought that the woman who played Mona Dilger (Lynda Boyd) looked a lot like a bug-eyed version of Christa Miller (Drew Carey Show and Cougar Town).  I was going to say "like an older version of", but then I saw they are the exact same age!

Yeah, I just saw another promo for a stupid love story that's premiering on HMM instead of the regular Hallmark channel.  They don't seem interested in making new mysteries at all anymore.  Why are they even bothering with three separate channels?

• Love 2

Still haven't seen any news on new movies of existing mystery series, but there will be a new movie Curious Caterer starring Nikki DeLoach and Andrew Walker premiering on April 10th.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Curious Caterer is the adaptation of one of Diane Mott Davidson's mysteries Dying for Chocolate. There are many books in the series, so if this first one does well, it could lead to a new series, I suppose.

• Love 3

Dying for Chocolate: A Curious Caterer Mystery is written by John Christian Plummer who pens the Mystery 101 series so I have hopes for it. I really miss getting a new Mystery 101 movie.

Meanwhile Kristoffer Polaha is busy elsewhere opposite Angie Harmon in the Lifetime Buried in Barstow series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Meanwhile Kristoffer Polaha is busy elsewhere opposite Angie Harmon in the Lifetime Buried in Barstow series.

Well, that is one gorgeous duo.  I’ll watch.  I’ve always liked Angie and Kristoffer is a favorite.

I’ll catch the Murder 101 marathon this weekend.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
On 3/26/2022 at 12:12 AM, MerBearHou said:

Well, that is one gorgeous duo.  I’ll watch.  I’ve always liked Angie

If you want to see something sweet, watch the You Tube clip of Jason Seahorn surprising Angie on The Tonight Show by proposing to her, and her dad showing up too.  I remember being so bummed when they separated/divorced. 

• Love 2

I'm looking forward to Dying for Chocolate this Sunday, if I don't forget to watch.  I've gotten out of the habit of watching this channel during primetime hours on the weekends since the mysteries have been so few and far between.  This is only the third new mystery this year, right?

• Love 3
(edited)

No mysteries listed in this preview for May on Entertainment Tonight's site 

HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES
All premieres are at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Heart of the Matter

Starring: Aimee Teegarden, Gail O'Grady, Andrew Zachar, Chandler Massey
Premieres: Sunday, May 15
Andie (Teegarden) is a cardiologist who is devastated by the accidental death of a patient (Massey). As she and his grieving mother (O’Grady) overcome their sorrow through forgiveness, they learn that acceptance leads to hope.

Rip in Time

Starring: Torrey DeVitto, Niall Matter
Premieres: Sunday, May 22
Sarah (DeVitto) is an organic farmer who meets a man (Matter) named Rip Van Winkle Jr., who claims to be from 1787. Soon, she discovers old-fashioned romantic feelings that might be just as crazy as his story.

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Hallmark Reveals April Movie Lineup

Curious Caterer: Dying for Chocolate

Starring: Nikki DeLoach, Andrew Walker
Premieres: Sunday, April 10
Goldy (DeLoach) is a spirited single mom who’s thrust into the role of town sleuth to help solve a friend’s mysterious death. With the clock ticking to find the culprit, Goldy strikes up an unlikely partnership with Detective Tom Schultz (Walker), who leans into Goldy’s local knowledge. As their relationship shows signs of becoming something more, the suspect list rises. Will Goldy narrow in on the killer before the killer narrows in on her?

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 2
On 4/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Why doesn't HMM want to make mysteries?  They crank out generic love stories and Christmas movies like crazy.  This really isn't looking good.

I agree with the opinion that it's not looking good. I finally watched the last Mystery 101 so far and would really like to know what's going to happen next. I had put off watching it because I read about the cliffhanger so I thought I watch it and the next movie in the series together. The problem with that is the only thing we've heard about the series really is Kristoffer Polaha saying in an interview months ago that he "thinks" the series will continue.

I wanted to start the Martha's Vineyard series except there's been mention here that the last one so far of that bunch ended on a cliffhanger too. I wanted to like Cut, Color, Murder more than I did. It could get better if they decide to make it a series though.

I haven't been too impressed with the non romance stuff they've been trying out on this channel so far and some of it has been downright clunky. I was disappointed with North to Home especially since it had quite a few actresses I've enjoyed over the years not just in Hallmark movies. The commercials built it up to be something that it really wasn't.

YouTube TV has the Hallmark Drama channel which I've only DVR'd older movies off of. Not interested in incessant LHOTP or Waltons reruns. I've been able to DVR some of the older stuff like Murder 101 and I got all the McBride movies from the Drama and M&M channels. Those two series have words in them Hallmark bleeps out now. They do need more mystery series like those and Mystery 101 that are written well and don't come across like they are holding back due to content restrictions.

I fell asleep too early last night and woke up a couple hours ago. I say that because I didn't think I'd have this much of an opinion about Hallmark's movie content at this time of morning.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

Just saw an ad for Dying for Chocolate that made me whoop with laughter. Walker says, “We recovered (not a-bullet, blood, DNA, fingerprint, etc.), but chocolate covered shortbread from the front seat of the victim’s car!” That has to be a first for evidence collected by a TV detective. That said, some of the banter between the leads may prove to be entertaining. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/20/2022 at 2:44 PM, tvchick said:

Curious Caterer is the adaptation of one of Diane Mott Davidson's mysteries Dying for Chocolate. There are many books in the series, so if this first one does well, it could lead to a new series, I suppose.

It’s supposedly a mashup of her first two books. I have all of the books.  The Goldy in the movie is different physically from the Goldy in the books, who is short and plump. The books have recipes for all of the recipes Goldy makes in that particular story. 

5 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

It’s supposedly a mashup of her first two books. I have all of the books.  The Goldy in the movie is different physically from the Goldy in the books, who is short and plump. The books have recipes for all of the recipes Goldy makes in that particular story. 

The “short and plump” makes sense. Does anyone else here view chocolate covered shortbread as a bit of “gilding the lily”?

I enjoyed Dying for Chocolate.  All the actors were great, especially the leads.  Those two have a lot of great chemistry.  I also liked the relationship between Tom and Mason.  However, it was a bit strange to see Goldy with straight hair and a different last name and business name, Marla as thin and with a job, Olive instead Arch, and Julian reduced to a background character.  Changing the name of the town to Elk Park instead of Aspen Meadows was strange, too. 

I was also looking forward to having General Bo (who was a fascinating character in the books) come to life, but oh well.  There were some other changes (the victim, Adele, etc.) but if I hadn't have read the books it wouldn't matter at all - the story still made sense.  And I was very happy that the ex-husband wasn't the abusive, vindictive creep he is in the books.  I've taken long breaks from reading/listening to them because I can not stand the JeRK and am disappointed he hasn't been murdered off yet. 

At this rate we won't have another mystery to talk about for two or three months.  :-(  Does anyone know if the ratings for non-mysteries are better or something?  I don't understand why this newer management team has so de-emphasized the basic reason for this channel.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed Dying For Chocolate, and hadn't read the books.  So as it went along, I assumed that the coach/teacher was going to be her focal love interest, even though I didn't see much chemistry, so I was surprised when the detective came along and the show was giving the two of them chemistry.  (Although it did seem a little lame/convoluted that the bad guy turned out to be a doctor who had hypnotized a child into convincing his parents to invest in his project, and then killed the psychiatrist who the child had told.) 

I was telling my son about it afterward, and had an observation that led to a theory.  My observation was that the male/female relationship/interaction seemed mature in this, kind of like Mystery 101.  And as I probed deeper, my theory was that it seems to me like the whole tenor of the shows and the relationships is lighter on the shows where there is a widely popular female lead (CCB, Alison Sweeney, Danica Kellar, etc.) versus the shows without such a lead (Mystery 101, Martha's Vineyard, this one).  Which of course once again made me fervently hope that we will eventually get the resolution to the cliffhanger on Mystery 101!!

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Which of course once again made me fervently hope that we will eventually get the resolution to the cliffhanger on Mystery 101!!

Quoting myself here because I just saw an interview with Kristoffer Polaha that gives me a glimmer of hope...

https://tvshowsace.com/2022/01/14/hallmarks-mystery-101-cliffhanger/ 

Here's what it said:

However, just before Christmas, Kristoffer Polaha was on the Hallmarkies podcast. He discussed his vast array of projects, but Rachel and Ann made sure that he talked about Murder 101.

First, the ending was not the typical Hallmark ending, and Kris acknowledged that. Next, they asked if there will be another mystery. He did acknowledge that he was not speaking for Hallmark, as they have been rethinking their mysteries, but instead as a “brand ambassador.”

Polaha said, “But I know that Mystery 101 has performed really, really, really well for the network. They get big numbers rating-wise, and they sell overseas, internationally.  I think for a few conversations I’ve had with people [in] network that there’s still very much a heartbeat in the show, and still very much love to continue telling the story of Travis, Amy, and Graham. So there will be more. I think that the fans can take a deep breath and know that there is more to come."

Polaha admitted he was very surprised at the cliffhanger ending. Best of all, he shared that the eighth episode is “locked and loaded, it’s written, it’s ready.”  Moreover, the Life Unexpected star hinted at the brilliance of what screenwriter John Christian Plummer did with the new script.  "When you hear what he has done with it, you guys will be…the payoff is worth all of this."

• Love 2

I finally watched Dying For Chocolate, & I wasn't impressed. I didn't feel any kind of chemistry between the leads, & the mystery wasn't that interesting. I also pretty much guessed who the murderer was as soon as they appeared. I really miss Garage Sale Mysteries, the ones before they started pushing the kids of course.

I thought Dying For Chocolate was okay but Andrew's role just sort of felt there.  I don't think it added much to the movie even though he and Nikki have had chemistry in the past.

I was actually more intrigued by her relationship with her ex-husband because there was more of a dynamic there to be interested in.  I did find it kind of silly they talked about what an awful husband he was but he seemed perfectly fine in the movie.  It didn't quite align with what they were trying to sell.

But I do think they ended the movie too soon.  So what happens with the wellness center?  Did he hypnotize the ex too? 

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

But I do think they ended the movie too soon.  So what happens with the wellness center?  Did he hypnotize the ex too? 

So, just today I was refreshing myself on what Chekhov's Gun and a MacGuffin are, and the Wellness Center definitely seems to fit for a MacGuffin!

On 4/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

At this rate we won't have another mystery to talk about for two or three months.  :-(  Does anyone know if the ratings for non-mysteries are better or something?  I don't understand why this newer management team has so de-emphasized the basic reason for this channel.

According to this wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hallmark_Channel_Original_Movies all 3 new mystery movies this year had more viewers than the 3 new non-mystery movies.  The mysteries ranged from 1.17 to 1.75 million viewers while the non-mysteries ranged from 0.95 - 1.07 million.  The standout was Aurora Teagarden at 1.75 million, so imagine will continue to get new ones for it for quite awhile, unless Candice Cameron Bure wants to stop the series.

• Love 2