Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Alicia, Michelle, Justin

Two doctors try to help patients who underwent plastic surgery with undesirable results in this reality series, which begins with the case of a woman with a uniboob. Also: an actress in search of the perfect nose; and a self-proclaimed human doll.

Just read Tara's Fact Sheet, and the grainy resolution on the first accompanying pic was sufficient to make me think that the "botch" in Alicia's initial boob job was that the surgeon forgot to leave any nips. 1. I need new glasses, and 2. This looks PROMISING.

(edited)

This sounds unkind, but why get young, tight looking boobs when your face is starting to show some age?  I guess if fake looking is the goal she got it. Although I was yelling "stand up straight" as she slouched her way through the modeling gig.  I felt so sorry for her with the frankenboobs the other doctor had given her.  That must have been horribly painful.  It seemed the implant was just more than her body could handle. Her husband sure seemed like a nice guy.

Did they ever tell the nose job ladies correct age? When the doctor saw her ribs he said she was older than the 40 she claimed.  They really did a good job on her nose.   

Edited by beagletime
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Are we sppsd to feel sympathetic toward these people? I sure didn't. In fact, I despised Justin the shady freak and I found Michelle's tragic tale of getting her face stuck in a steering wheel (?) dubious, especially after Dubrow outed her real age being much more than 40. As for Alicia, I found it hard to feel sorry for her feeling inferior to those big-breasted skanky woman she worked with. I can't help but wonder how much of her problems were caused by her ignoring the doctor's warnings and insisting on those humongous bolt-ons.

• Love 4
(edited)

Alicia was probably the most annoying/dumb person on this episode. You have large, natural breasts but want even bigger fake ones to look like your ultra cheap, tacky looking friends.  Seriously all of her "friends" had horrible very obvious implants. Even her husband said she didn't need them in the first place! She dares to complain that what Dubrow  wants to give her are too small "baby boobs" . Are you kidding me? Did you forget what you looked like before he took out those monstrosities? He looked annoyed by her stupidity & I don't fault him for it. She was a moron & I bet in a few yrs. she'll replace them with giant implants again.

Nose lady was funny. Her nose looks so much better after but she dared to complain a day after surgery? Again did she forget what she looked like before? Also it takes a year for all of the swelling to go down i'm sure it looks even better now.Funny that she lied about her age I'm guessing she's in her 50's.

Edited by diva2themax
  • Love 3

I didn't mind Justin.  He's crazy with all the surgery, but he does know exactly what he wants and seems happy with the results. 

I found something very off-putting about him that I cannot quite articulate. I think it was his harem of bikini-wearing twinks and being such a know-it-all about implants and the way he looked like Frankenstein's monster. His reaction to the two doctors passing on him for people with bad surgeries didn't endear me to him, either.

• Love 3

Quoted from the New Show Fact Sheet linked above:

but if you are squeamish about seeing, for instance, Dr. Dubrow in surgery, digging around inside Alicia's breast pouch with the kind of zeal usually reserved for starting an outboard motor, Botched is probably not for you.

Yeah...that's me.  I cannot deal so I would either switch the channel, or put my hand up to cover my vision of the screen at those moments.

I actually didn't mind Dr Nassef giving his patient a hard time after she was bitching about her "fixed" nose. I actually thought, upon her reveal to her friends & and family, that one side of the nose was higher than the other side, but someone said above that it takes a year to heal so perhaps that will fix it.  

The Una-boober needed to get over herself.  I was surprised at her bikini reveal that her body was not more in shape since she wanted to model her swimsuits.  I'm not trying to be body snarky, just that I guess she thought that all she needed to model her swimsuits was bigger tits. Couldn't she have stuff her bikini top?  Also, she had a long face so I every time she was on my tv I thought of the old classic "why the long face?".

The male barbie guy?  Ugh.  His booty looked ridiculous compared to the rest of his skinny body. 

• Love 6

Are we sppsd to feel sympathetic toward these people? I sure didn't. In fact, I despised Justin the shady freak and I found Michelle's tragic tale of getting her face stuck in a steering wheel (?) dubious, especially after Dubrow outed her real age being much more than 40. As for Alicia, I found it hard to feel sorry for her feeling inferior to those big-breasted skanky woman she worked with. I can't help but wonder how much of her problems were caused by her ignoring the doctor's warnings and insisting on those humongous bolt-ons.

You and me both.   It was an obvious set up for the Doctors to go to Justin's house so the scrawny servant boy could answer the door in his undies.   Crude, stupid, and narcissistic.   P.S.-When you have implants, either cosmetic or surgical,  infections tend to migrate to those sites.    If he develops an infection, he is at real risk to die quickly from sepsis.   Just work out, you idiot.

I am a photographer.   No, I am not a photog of reknown amongst the tattooed lady/bearded lady set like Alicia's photog is,  but I can tell you that woman will never sell one more piece of swimwear if she continues to model it.   Ungainly is about how far I will go with that one.   Oh, and she should have asked Paul for a little schnort of botox.   What a glum countenance on that one. 

Smashed nose lady and her forced ebullience was grating.    I really did not care if she could breathe in the end.

Ugh, Janice Dickinson.   Who cares?

• Love 3
(edited)

I love the Janice Dickinson train wreck.

Did anyone notice that the freaky guy is "living" (I quote because I'm sure the production company just made it look like they were living there) in the house that used to be occupied by Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson on their reality show?

What a glum countenance on that one.

Yeah, she had the face of an unhappy person. Hope that changes once she gets used to her baby boobs. My husband thought maybe she got the big boobs to keep people from noticing her permanent bitchface. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 3

Terry DuBrow's wife reminds me of the puppet from the "Saw" films. 

Not sure he's a good judge of how much surgery is too much. 

Heather-Dubrow1.png

Dude!!!! THAT's who she reminds me of! I've been trying to put my finger on it for the longest.

• Love 1

Honestly, Michelle's nose job was an improvement but I think it could have been better. Her nostrils are still too small. There is a procedure to enlarge the nostrils. The doc could have lengthened (not widened) them a bit so that they would match the added projection of her new nose. It's still a wee bit....piggy looking.

Alicia was gross. No amount of boobage will detract from that unfortunate mug.

Janice Dickinson is the worst. A nasty drug addicted bitch. Why in the world would he give a known addict 3 days of intravenous pain killers? Of course she pulls out her drain and stitches. SHE WANTS DRUGS!!! And she's a nasty fucking bitch.

• Love 1

How did the doctors not know the nose job woman's real age? Don't you have to produce some kind of id or insurance info? Even if it isn't the law, I would think good business sense would be to know just who your patient is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can somewhat sympathize with the surgeons feeling like their patients are nitpicky ingrates, but maybe they shouldn't have over-promised on their results in the first place.

Yeah, nose job woman. You're 40 and just happen to hang around with a bunch of friends 15 years older.

Good for uniboob that she was satisfied with her results, but damn, those things are bolted so far down on her chest. I agree her husband seemed super nice and caring.

That Justin guy was in an episode of Moaning of Life and I was so surprised to see him again. He wants to badly to be this representative of the ultimate of beauty or something but I just can't get over the fact that I just do not find him attractive at all. To me he looks like a guy wearing a fake muscle suit. Like, you're super lean, bro, go to the gym and lift weights and build the freaking body you want instead of.. literally building the body you want.

I felt badly for Bitchface McUniboob only because the title under her name was simply- Uniboob, like it's her job or defining title. She's got issues, she should have just let the implants go and been glad to get back to something non-freakish, but she's like 70 years old grabbing on to her view of Suicide Girl hotness. Her husband seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and he must have the patience of a saint to take care of their kid while the baby's mother spends years recovering from elective cosmetic surgeries. 

• Love 1

That Justin guy was in an episode of Moaning of Life

Was that a typo?

He wants to badly to be this representative of the ultimate of beauty or something but I just can't get over the fact that I just do not find him attractive at all. To me he looks like a guy wearing a fake muscle suit. Like, you're super lean, bro, go to the gym and lift weights and build the freaking body you want instead of.. literally building the body you want.

Thank you for encapsulating my thoughts on Justin so much better than I!

• Love 1

Was that a typo?

Thank you for encapsulating my thoughts on Justin so much better than I!

He'd rather frolic in the pool with all his pals than be getting all sweaty in the gym.

• Love 1

Was that a typo?

No, no typo, The Moaning of Life was a series on I wanna say Sky TV where Karl Pilkington travels around the world learning "life lessons", and one of them was about beauty if I remember it right. He goes to L.A. and visits a cosmetic surgeon and meets this Justin fellow who tells him how amazingly wonderful it is to be beautiful and his whole schtick about creating perfection and all that. Karl is very much not into it.

I didn't mention the nose job lady.. I felt really bad for her more than anything, like in a "aww bless your heart" kind of way. I kind of hate myself for liking this show.

• Love 1

I'm not overly squeamish, but I could have done without some of the surgical shots.  I guess there's not enough to show without them, however, and I guess I do appreciate that it drives home the point that these kinds of procedures are in fact actual surgeries that shouldn't be taken lightly.

My first thought when the doctors arrived at Justin's house was The Birdcage.  I was glad they decided not to do any surgeries on him -- he seemed like a certified kook.  (I loved Terry's WTF expression during the entire conversation at the house.)

I felt bad for the nose-job lady, but not quite as much when she started complaining the day after the surgery.  Although, to be honest, I thought her nose looked much better right after they took off the bandages than it did at her big reveal for her friends.  I couldn't quite figure out why they needed to take bone from her ribcage and cartilege from her ear -- aren't there synthetic materials they could have used?  (I mean other than whatever wire contraption she had going on in there....speaking of which...  I guess they don't do any x-rays before a rhinoplasty because otherwise wouldn't they have known about the wire?)

I went from having little-to-no sympathy for Uniboob to actively disliking her by the end of the show.  When your husband and your doctors (and probably most of society) are telling you that you look good and do not need to have a larger chest, why ignore their advice/opinions and demand larger implants?  To me, that seems like a major red flag....either (1) Uniboob has serious self-esteem issues, or (2) she's trying to look good for people other than her husband.

Bottom line:  I was glad to see that it didn't glorify elective procedures (showing that they can go horribly wrong, plus all three patients seemed either strange or pathetic or both) and I'll probably watch again. 

No, no typo, The Moaning of Life was a series on I wanna say Sky TV where Karl Pilkington travels around the world learning "life lessons", and one of them was about beauty if I remember it right. He goes to L.A. and visits a cosmetic surgeon and meets this Justin fellow who tells him how amazingly wonderful it is to be beautiful and his whole schtick about creating perfection and all that. Karl is very much not into it.

I saw Justin on a different TV show a few months ago--something about Live Barbie and Ken Dolls (or something like that).  He fancies himself a live version of Ken and he was to meet a woman who has surgically enhanced herself into a version of Barbie.  I later read that the meeting went badly, they couldn't get along with each other and each was vying for more camera time.  On that show, I think I remember him arguing with one of his surgeons about an implant being lopsided but no one else could see it.  

• Love 2
(edited)
I couldn't quite figure out why they needed to take bone from her ribcage and cartilage from her ear -- aren't there synthetic materials they could have used?

For what it's worth, I had nasal reconstruction in 1973 after a seatbelt-less traffic accident that squashed the bridge of my nose, and the doctor used cadaver cartilage, so it was available at one time. Of course to this day that piece of crap slides all over the place and the bridge of my nose is still dented. Pffft.

Here's my story about the skewed perceptions of cosmetic surgeons -- when I went to the hospital for the surgery, the pre-op nurse looked at me and said, "Is that it?!! The doctor's notes made it sound like you had practically no nose left!" Yeah, well. 1/4" dent might as well be "no nose" to these guys. They spend their careers agreeing with patients who think normal = horrible.

And like one of them alluded to, they very very rarely have anything done to themselves (although their wives are certainly fair game).

Edited by lordonia

I saw Justin on a different TV show a few months ago--something about Live Barbie and Ken Dolls (or something like that).  He fancies himself a live version of Ken and he was to meet a woman who has surgically enhanced herself into a version of Barbie.  I later read that the meeting went badly, they couldn't get along with each other and each was vying for more camera time.  On that show, I think I remember him arguing with one of his surgeons about an implant being lopsided but no one else could see it.  

My Strange Addiction? He has weird lumps in his shoulder. He said he was a stay at home husband, is he married to a man or a woman?

• Love 3

So why was it called "moaning" instead of "meaning"?

My Strange Addiction? He has weird lumps in his shoulder. He said he was a stay at home husband, is he married to a man or a woman?

The young twinks lounging around in their underwear was all I needed to know, in addition to the way he swished around. Ugh, I can't stand that gay archtype!

It's a joke about the guy who hosts the show, Karl Pilkington (he was made famous by being on Ricky Gervais' radio show and podcasts). His whole thing is basically complaining about things and not seeing the good in life.

Back on this show, I am kind of amazed how ungrateful people seemed. But I guess that's humans for ya, especially people undergoing so much plastic surgery, even the best is never gonna meet their wacky unrealistic expectations.

• Love 1
(edited)

The young twinks lounging around in their underwear was all I needed to know, in addition to the way he swished around. Ugh, I can't stand that gay archtype!

Well, I guess he has a sugar Daddy who indulges him anything he wants, more power to him. 

Yes--I think that was it--thank you!  The first and only time I saw that show.

YQW, You should catch more of them. I think the lady with the ginormous boobs, who wants to double their size is going to be on Botched, too. 

Edited by xls