Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: The Latest Model

1 hour ago, auntiemel said:

I wasn't the original poster, but two that come to mind are Dexter and Eli Stone. 😋

Strange, I watched all of Dexter's episodes and can't recall seeing JLM.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, preeya said:

Strange, I watched all of Dexter's episodes and can't recall seeing JLM.

He was in Season 5. He was the motivational speaker guy who was, shall we say, NOT purely pure in his motivational motives. 😂

ETA: I looked this up on YouTube:

Edited by auntiemel
  • Love 1

CBS and Uverse are in a pissing war here and CBS is unavailable until further notice.  I refuse to pay for the CBS app just to watch this show.  I will have to rely on you all to keep me abreast of the show.

11 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

CBS and Uverse are in a pissing war here and CBS is unavailable until further notice.  I refuse to pay for the CBS app just to watch this show.  I will have to rely on you all to keep me abreast of the show.

I'm having the same problem with Fox and Dish.

1 hour ago, PaulaO said:

Amazon is selling Elementary. You can buy just this episode for, I believe, $1,99.

1 hour ago, PaulaO said:

CBS is unavailable until further notice

When I miss an episode I can usually watch it the next day on the CBS web site, free.

• Love 4

I brought this up in another show's board, but for those of you who receive CBS over the air, you may wish to run a channel scan on August 1 - the date of the next show, in fact, I received a scrolling notice over last week's show that CBS in New York will be moving their frequency that afternoon.

• Love 1

While previews have not been against the spoiler policy in this forum, as we are approaching the final episodes of the show, please do not discuss previews of upcoming episodes from now on. Thank you.

• Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, MisterGlass said:

There was a short case Odin discussed with his PA last week about a girl who was being bullied and was thinking about acting out.  He focused on the girl's possible reaction and not the bullying itself.

That's possibly a Good Thing.  There's an episode of Black Mirror that deals with bullying and it does not end well....

9 hours ago, Alistaire said:

The Case of the Prodigal Parent. Good catch.

Ha, thanks.  The witness he was trying to talk to was played by Fay Wray.  I just saw it over Amazon Prime actually.

• Love 1

I got excited when I heard them talking about the "famous murder" the podcaster had stolen. It sounded familiar - over the past year I've been watching the old Jeremy Brett Holmes' series, and that was one of the episodes! This is also well known as the episode where Jeremy Brett got his wish that Holmes give up cocaine, and he buries his syringe at the beach. 

The Devil's Foot

I always like it when I recognize a classic story.

I do need to confess it took me until this episode to realize the significance of Odin's name Reichenbach. I'm embarrassed it took me this long. It's made me doubly afraid of how this series is going to end!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I do need to confess it took me until this episode to realize the significance of Odin's name Reichenbach. I'm embarrassed it took me this long. It's made me doubly afraid of how this series is going to end!

image.png.4ddfe97bd7bd6b0d17761d411a461246.png

• Love 1
1 hour ago, paigow said:

image.png.4ddfe97bd7bd6b0d17761d411a461246.png

I'll be much happier if we get close to that ending, and then only Odin dies, and Sherlock makes an offhand comment like, "What, did you think I would sacrifice myself to get him?"

• Love 5
On 7/31/2019 at 11:01 AM, Eliza422 said:

It's made me doubly afraid of how this series is going to end!

They could do the end of "The Final Problem" and the start of "The Adventure of the Empty House"...

• Love 2
On 7/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, aemom said:

They were the shows I was referring to. ☺

On 7/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, aemom said:

I wasn't the original poster, but two that come to mind are Dexter and Eli Stone. 😋

OT:   Based on your posts, I started watching Eli Stone. So far, halfway through season one, it's quite entertaining. JLM without an English accent is very good indeed.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, preeya said:

OT:   Based on your posts, I started watching Eli Stone. So far, halfway through season one, it's quite entertaining. JLM without an English accent is very good indeed.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, preeya said:

OT: Finished both seasons of Eli Stone. Thanks for the info, I really enjoyed it.

• Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, Loandbehold said:

It was pretty clear that the ME did a no-assed (or is that all-assed?), at best, job. Before even beginning the autopsy, she probably saw the tox screen and was like, COD: Heroin overdose. Next!

I thought that's what they were implying: that it was obvious to everyone else in the room that she made her conclusion before doing nearly any examination at all and all her explanations were excuses and what she hoped would yield plausible deniability. It didn't, but she was trying not to outright say "yeah I didn't do my job at all here".

On 7/27/2019 at 7:11 AM, johntfs said:

I think the most likely interpretation is the surface level one.  Sherlock tried to intervene and succeeded in preventing the suspect's planned crime.  But the guy was unstable and committed a different horrible crime instead,  Odin was angry because Sherlock's experiment cost two innocent people their lives.

But wasn't Odin's theory that he was going to kill a whole lot more people than that? I thought it was weird (except not really because I think Odin killed all three) that he was so angrily doom and gloom "2 innocent people lost their lives!" Yeah, well still stopped him from killing a dozen or however many Odin's theory thought he was going to after. Not saying any murder is OK but are we trolley-probleming here? 2 < 10 or whatever. Still a sort of win?

2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I thought that's what they were implying: that it was obvious to everyone else in the room that she made her conclusion before doing nearly any examination at all and all her explanations were excuses and what she hoped would yield plausible deniability. It didn't, but she was trying not to outright say "yeah I didn't do my job at all here".

But wasn't Odin's theory that he was going to kill a whole lot more people than that? I thought it was weird (except not really because I think Odin killed all three) that he was so angrily doom and gloom "2 innocent people lost their lives!" Yeah, well still stopped him from killing a dozen or however many Odin's theory thought he was going to after. Not saying any murder is OK but are we trolley-probleming here? 2 < 10 or whatever. Still a sort of win?

Odin's point was that if he'd just had the guy killed like he wanted then zero innocent people would have lost their lives.  But because he allowed Sherlock and Joan to sway him into attempting something more "moral" two innocent people got murdered instead of zero.

My first reaction to Sherlock’s « luv will save us all » approach with the podcast psycho was, Oh, god, this series is going to go out on a preachy liberal note. All that evil bastards/evil seeds need is « understanding » and a leg up.

I didn't see it as a preachy or liberal attitude. I saw it as a logical one. Why on earth would or should anyone's first instinct in the situation be "Kill the guy"? If his beef with the other guy was a legal one and he hadn't found representation that could help him, why wouldn't the first option from Sherlock be, "I have contacts -- including shark lawyers who've worked for my father. If they can help my father, they can surely help this guy."

If his only issue is a legal one, that would seem to solve the issue and the podcast guy would no longer be upset with him. Case closed. Based on the info Sherlock had been given, it would seem the issue was resolved without bloodshed. That's not some mushy "love solves all"; that's "let's look at this rationally and find a solution before we resort to murder." Sherlock is a rational person.

If he'd known there was a further issue involving the parents, who knows? He might have been able to prevent that as well. But none of them knew about that. 

• Love 5
On 8/19/2019 at 1:54 AM, sinkwriter said:

If he'd known there was a further issue involving the parents, who knows? He might have been able to prevent that as well. But none of them knew about that. 

Spoiler

But there wasn't an issue with the parents.  Odin had them all killed and set it up to look like a murder/suicide.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 2

True, but I didn't find that out until today when I watched the next episode, which revealed that plot point. So your comment probably belongs in that episode's thread.  😊

Nevertheless, with the info we were given in this episode, I stand by what I said. Sherlock's a rational guy, not a sentimental one. And the idea that it's okay to just kill someone preemptively is horrific, which is why he tried so hard to find a different solution.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

True, but I didn't find that out until today when I watched the next episode, which revealed that plot point. So your comment probably belongs in that episode's thread.  

Sorry.  Didn't realize that was still a spoiler.

1 minute ago, Trey said:

Sorry.  Didn't realize that was still a spoiler.

Talking about a future episode in a previous episode's thread is always considered a spoiler, even if the future episode has already aired. It would be a good idea to go back and edit your previous response to include a spoiler bar.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trey said:

Done. I apologize to anyone who was spoiled by my post.  I don't like spoilers either, I just wasn't thinking of those who haven't watched it all yet.

With various show's forums switching from having episode-specific thread to all-in-one threads and then, recently, back again, it's easy to get confused about this. 

• Love 5
On 8/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, Trey said:

Done. I apologize to anyone who was spoiled by my post.  I don't like spoilers either, I just wasn't thinking of those who haven't watched it all yet.

No worries. It's just that people who want to watch episode by episode and then come here and read the comments might not want to read something about the next episode until they've seen it. So it's good to keep comments strictly to the specific episode thread that you're in. (And of course you can reference past episodes, because obviously they came beforehand so that information is up-to-date with the current episode thread.)

• Love 2