Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_friends_blame_their_ridiculous_charleston_reaction_on_liberals_062515

Remember when Bitsy and those two Fox News guys insisted that the Charleston SC shootings were NOT racially motivated, but an attack on Christians?  

they are back-pedaling,   AND blaming the "liberal media"  for their own screw-up.

I sometimes think my head is actually going to explode at the absurdity of these freaks.  

• Love 4

So they didn't want to be perceived as racists when talking about a white man killing black people.  But whenever a black person does anything remotely wrong they are quick to label them a thug.  Yeah sure Fox and Friends didn't want to be insensitive to racial issues.

I'm so glad Elisabeth is now on a channel I never even channel surf by.  I honestly don't know how I ever stomached her for 10 years on the View.  Hope she is investing her money wisely.  At some point Fox is going to replace her with a younger model.  And if not Fox where does she end up? 

• Love 2

I sometimes think my head is actually going to explode at the absurdity of these freaks.  

I crack up, because Bitsy sits between two guys, and the three of them just nod and agree with each other, no matter how inane and uninformed their comments are.   She is happy where she is not challenged, not expected to be informed, or thoughtful, or insightful.   the guys ramble on, and she gets to say things like "excellent point".   She's in charge of ranting about "food police"  and "PC police", and, conversely, ranting about the exchange of ideas in colleges!   the ideas she recites are never challenged, no matter how stupid.

She doesn't realize that her ROLE is the be the blonde idiot  in a short skirt between the two real  idiots.   If she wanted to test whether or not she is taken seriously,   she could stop dyeing her hair, or wear pants -  she'd be fired and replaced  during  the first  commercial break. 

• Love 7

So they didn't want to be perceived as racists when talking about a white man killing black people.  But whenever a black person does anything remotely wrong they are quick to label them a thug.  Yeah sure Fox and Friends didn't want to be insensitive to racial issues.

I'm so glad Elisabeth is now on a channel I never even channel surf by.  I honestly don't know how I ever stomached her for 10 years on the View.  Hope she is investing her money wisely.  At some point Fox is going to replace her with a younger model.  And if not Fox where does she end up? 

It dawned on my recently that these weirdos pretty much have to ass-kiss all things FOX because no one would ever hire them.  Do you think that any dignified news agency would hire one of those idiots in any capacity?  Creepy Peter Doocy on 20/20?  60 Minutes?  Highly unlikely.  None of them have anywhere to go with the crazy/sexist/racist/bible thumping they all seem to drag around.  This is it for most of them.  They are unemployable freaks when it comes to news journalism.

• Love 5

They are unemployable freaks when it comes to news journalism.

What they do on Fox doesn't even qualify as journalism.  I don't watch the show so I don't know anything about the two men other than what I read here.  But I know plenty about Elisabeth.  Once ABC kicked her to the curb Barbara Walters (allegedly) called her buddy Roger Ailes and got him to offer EH a job.  The woman was on a network talk show for ten years and someone  had to call in a favor to get her another gig.  Even Debbie Matenopolous who was on the View for a far shorter period of time went off and had a career.

The problem with Elisabeth is she has made herself famous for being a strident obnoxious right wing mouthpiece who is dumb as a stump.  And the positions for someone with those qualifications are already filled.  Mostly by politicians.  Hey there is a thought.  Maybe she could run for office.  Doesn't she live in Connecticut?  She should have no problem getting elected there.  Yes that was sarcasm.

• Love 2

I crack up, because Bitsy sits between two guys, and the three of them just nod and agree with each other, no matter how inane and uninformed their comments are. She is happy where she is not challenged, not expected to be informed, or thoughtful, or insightful. the guys ramble on, and she gets to say things like "excellent point". She's in charge of ranting about "food police" and "PC police", and, conversely, ranting about the exchange of ideas in colleges! the ideas she recites are never challenged, no matter how stupid.

She doesn't realize that her ROLE is the be the blonde idiot in a short skirt between the two real idiots. If she wanted to test whether or not she is taken seriously, she could stop dyeing her hair, or wear pants - she'd be fired and replaced during the first commercial break.

SNL has a skit that parodies Fox & Friends. The best part is the long list of "corrections" that scrolls up the screen at the end. If you haven't seen, check YouTube.

• Love 4

SNL has a skit that parodies Fox & Friends. The best part is the long list of "corrections" that scrolls up the screen at the end. If you haven't seen, check YouTube.

Yes, funny.  They really are such pieces of crap.

None of them have anywhere to go with the crazy/sexist/racist/bible thumping they all seem to drag around.

There's always the 700 Club...an older demographic.

I crack up, because Bitsy sits between two guys, and the three of them just nod and agree with each other, no matter how inane and uninformed their comments are.

It's like an episode of "Family Feud."  No matter how silly, duhhhm, irrelevant and WRONG a family member's answer is, the others just paste on their big smiles, clap...jump, cheer and say, "Good answer!  Good answer!"   

• Love 4

It dawned on my recently that these weirdos pretty much have to ass-kiss all things FOX because no one would ever hire them.  Do you think that any dignified news agency would hire one of those idiots in any capacity?  Creepy Peter Doocy on 20/20?  60 Minutes?  Highly unlikely.  None of them have anywhere to go with the crazy/sexist/racist/bible thumping they all seem to drag around.  This is it for most of them.  They are unemployable freaks when it comes to news journalism.

Im sure each of them would be able to do a stint on CNN..... they have crazy move in and out of that place

• Love 1

Im sure each of them would be able to do a stint on CNN..... they have crazy move in and out of that place

I really haven't watched CNN in along time.  Since the morph (in format, content, production) a few years ago…..not on my radar.  Does anyone else miss 9:00pm Larry King Live?  Not that I love Larry King, but it was such a topical gathering place.  

There's always the 700 Club...an older demographic.

It's like an episode of "Family Feud."  No matter how silly, duhhhm, irrelevant and WRONG a family member's answer is, the others just paste on their big smiles, clap...jump, cheer and say, "Good answer!  Good answer!"   

OMG, Exactly…...

(edited)

I watched the weekend version of F&F for a bit to see Clayton Morris because I had been a fan of his when he was on a national morning show called The Daily Buzz. Alisyn Camerota was a co-host and I always thought she seemed to normal to be at Faux News. She escaped and went to CNN last year and I watch her on there sometimes. I recently found out she had been had FN for 14yrs which shocked me since she never came across as a blonde robot like pretty almost all the women on there do. 

I really haven't watched CNN in along time.  Since the morph (in format, content, production) a few years ago…..not on my radar.  Does anyone else miss 9:00pm Larry King Live?  Not that I love Larry King, but it was such a topical gathering place.  

I do. I still find myself looking at the TVGuide online when it would have been time for his show to air thinking I wish he or someone there had an interview/topical show like that now. CNN is such a trainwreck and their programming seems all over the place even though it seems to have gotten better then what it was there's still a LONG way to go.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

CNN has had some great documentaries. Blackfish, to name one. And I love Andy Cooper and Ashley Banfield. Don Lemon not so much.

Yes.  I have watched Blackfish many times.  Brilliantly done and heartbreaking.  I could cry just thinking about it…..

• Love 4
(edited)

CNN has had some great series the last couple years, Chicago, The Sixties, now The Seventies, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, but they really do seem to be missing a dependable one-hour interview show to replace King - he sucked most of the time at the end, but it was a go to place sometimes, like when someone famous passes on, or big SCOTUS days like we've had this past week.

They should have passed that show on to Joy, she was doing really well sitting in for King.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

CNN has had some great series the last couple years, Chicago, The Sixties, now The Seventies, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, but they really do seem to be missing a dependable one-hour interview show to replace King - he sucked most of the time at the end, but it was a go to place sometimes, like when someone famous passes on, or big SCOTUS days like we've had this past week.

They should have passed that show on to Joy, she was doing really well sitting in for King.

Love Bourdain.  Is that still airing? Totally agree Re: Joy re-creating Larry King Live.

Curious to see Elisabeth's reaction to the SCOTUS ruling on Monday's F&F since she was "such a big cheerleader" for gay marriage in her View days (after her views evolved, post-Melissa Etheridge interview)

Also, did F&F mention anything about Bristol Palin's announcement on Friday's show? 

One thing about the Fox News Network: they will never issue an apology or own up to a mistake. Bill O'Reilly beat Brian Williams handily in the 'exaggerating my involvement' contest. Did O'Reilly apologize even after so many of his in-the-thick-of-things stories were shown to be false? Hardly. He's still on there and still bloviating. Same thing when it was revealed about his infidelity.

When Fox and Friends declared that the Charleston attack was not racially motivated and they were later proven false by the blog of the shooter that came to light, did they apologize for jumping in too quickly to declare motivation? Of course not; they blamed the "librul media" for their pronouncement. After Dylann Roof's website became public, there was absolutely no question as to what motivated him and it was impossible to argue with the facts.

Yes, Elisabeth came out for gay marriage during her time at The View. So Monday's show may be interesting. I won't be watching but I do hope that someone like Jon Stewart points out the hypocrisy if it happens.

• Love 4

Curious to see Elisabeth's reaction to the SCOTUS ruling on Monday's F&F since she was "such a big cheerleader" for gay marriage in her View days (after her views evolved, post-Melissa Etheridge interview)

Also, did F&F mention anything about Bristol Palin's announcement on Friday's show? 

Wasn't that the warmest, fuzziest pregnancy announcement?  Dumped (by kinda a loser) and pregnant.  Again.  Explain to me again why birth control is verboten?

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes!! Joy should have 100% been given The Larry King Show instead of Piers Morgan.  I myself loved watching Larry King and begrudgingly watched Piers Morgan when he took over but would have been over the friggin' moon happy had Joy been given that spot instead. 

Joy really & truly got shafted when HLN changed their formatting and got rid of her show.  Because she was awesome at that job and her show was awesome.  To this day, I miss having an intelligent evening talk show to watch.  HLN seems to be 20 hours worth of Forensic Files now with Nancy Grace & Dr. Drew thrown in.  Giant groan.  And CNN has basically kissed their nightly talk show goodbye only to fill it in with more repeating of the day's "Breaking News!" 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5

Yes!! Joy should have 100% been given The Larry King Show instead of Piers Morgan.  I myself loved watching Larry King and begrudgingly watched Piers Morgan when he took over but would have been over the friggin' moon happy had Joy been given that spot instead. 

Joy really & truly got shafted when HLN changed their formatting and got rid of her show.  Because she was awesome at that job and her show was awesome.  To this day, I miss having an intelligent evening talk show to watch.  HLN seems to be 20 hours worth of Forensic Files now with Nancy Grace & Dr. Drew thrown in.  Giant groan.  And CNN has basically kissed their nightly talk show goodbye only to fill it in with more repeating of the day's "Breaking News!" 

This needs to happen.  I want to see Joy (in that format) interview everyone from Caitlyn Jenner to the police officers hunting down the two fugitives this week.  Would be intelligent and interesting.  Not a sensational freak-show with her.  

• Love 5

This needs to happen.  I want to see Joy (in that format) interview everyone from Caitlyn Jenner to the police officers hunting down the two fugitives this week.  Would be intelligent and interesting.  Not a sensational freak-show with her.  

It would have a chance to be a good show.... her last show on HLN was not as good as it could have been..... she was too reigned in because of her Gig on The View.... and on The View she was subdued so she could get the same guests on her HLN show..... basically the impressiveness that was possible was sold out so she could be mediocre on both shows.

There was a time I was over the moon for Joy..... but I was brought back to earth to be honest

• Love 2

I just think someone even-keeled, laid-back, informed like Joy is a better interview than the ususal suspects.  I don't really have any interest in an interview conducted by a Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer etc.  Too "newsie" and "careful," you know?

• Love 3

I've seen Joy on Meredith Viera's show a couple of times and I thought she added a lot to the show.   Meredith packs a lot of people on her shows and to me Joy added some stability to the discussions.   

If Joy Behar had taken over the Larry King show, she might have  interviewed the surviving NY prison escaper & would have asked him good questions about how the escape happened.  Before he started to go senile, Larry King might have done the same. Lost opportunities on an interesting story.

• Love 1

It would have a chance to be a good show.... her last show on HLN was not as good as it could have been..... she was too reigned in because of her Gig on The View.... and on The View she was subdued so she could get the same guests on her HLN show..... basically the impressiveness that was possible was sold out so she could be mediocre on both shows.

There was a time I was over the moon for Joy..... but I was brought back to earth to be honest

As I recall, Joy was heavily reigned in by HLN and they dictated to her what topics they wanted her to discuss. She couldn't talk about the topics she wanted to and wasn't very happy. They wanted her show to act as a lead in for Nancy Grace. She was much happier at Current where she had control and could talk about what she wanted to talk about, until of course Current went belly up and sold out to Al Jazeera and her short-lived show went poof. As much as I like Joy, she pretty much checked out of The View long before she got her own show. She was only there for the paycheck those last few years IMO.

• Love 6

@TribbleTrouble, thanks for reminding me of Al Jazeera, I need to figure out if and where that is on my lineup as it never occurs to me.  I have a love/hate relationship with David Shuster, but I think he has a show there?  I need an alternative to MSNBC, lol.

I just think that Joy really excelled in King's seat, even more so than on her own show which could get groan-worthy with her "jokes".

• Love 2

I listened to a Joy interview on Howard Stern from last winter, and she said that even though her show on HLN was the second highest rated, somebody somewhere didn't like her and that's why it got cancelled (assumedly an executive somewhere high on the chain of command). She seemed very resigned about it.

• Love 3

I listened to a Joy interview on Howard Stern from last winter, and she said that even though her show on HLN was the second highest rated, somebody somewhere didn't like her and that's why it got cancelled (assumedly an executive somewhere high on the chain of command). She seemed very resigned about it.

She sounded that way to me too Jakey.  Joy had a good long run on The View and The Spew, plus her own shows.  Isn't she around 70?   Steve is retired and she's a grandmother now, in good health and young enough to enjoy it.  I'm thinking she doesn't mind being retired/semi-retired, unlike say Larry King a.k.a The CryptKeeper who went on and on and on and I think still lives on doing some show on the internet, lol.  

• Love 4

If anyone ever wondered what happened to Debbie Matenopoulos, she showed up on my TV last night on a show called The Insider  - which came on around midnight.   It's an entertainment news show and the "news" being reported was Michelle Collins a.k.a. Bangs joining The View.  DM had an "interview" with her about nothing but the best part was when DM told her co-anchor that The View is like a daytime Fight Club, lol.  

• Love 2

Honestly, I don't know how Lizzie and her two dim couch buddies manage to find their way out of their own bathrooms in the morning. *eyeroll*

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/foxs-brian-kilmeade-why-arent-we-clearing-the-waters-of-sharks-so-ocean-swimming-is-safe/

Hahahahaha!  That video [of the three morons commenting, not the shark attack]  is hilarious!  Looks like Bits really found her people over at Faux News.  I was waiting for them to somehow blame it on Obama though. 

• Love 4

Hahahahaha!  That video [of the three morons commenting, not the shark attack]  is hilarious!  Looks like Bits really found her people over at Faux News.  I was waiting for them to somehow blame it on Obama though. 

Reminds me of the story about a radio show call in- A woman wondering why deer crossings aren't in better locations (Why are they on interstates)

• Love 9

Honestly, I don't know how Lizzie and her two dim couch buddies manage to find their way out of their own bathrooms in the morning. *eyeroll*

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/foxs-brian-kilmeade-why-arent-we-clearing-the-waters-of-sharks-so-ocean-swimming-is-safe/

Lmao.  They are indeed the most ridiculous a**holes on television (especially Doocy).  When the series of shark attacks happened recently in South Carolina, they reported with such anger and a "call for punishment" sort of tone.  The sharks were VICIOUS, the attacks were SENSELESS, and people need to PROTECT THEMSELVES.  It was absurd.  Umm, they're creatures who live in the sea.  When we go into their habitat, being mistaken for food may happen.  The end.

• Love 8

I read somewhere that she was off for health reasons for some days. Don't watch, just read a sentence with no further details. She may be ill.

She had something removed from her stomach last year.  There's nothing wrong with her.  She made such a mellow drama out of that, too.  Holding hands with the other two morons on the show, crying, quoting scripture.  She said that she sat down all the children and told them that the result of surgery could be something very serious and mommy could die, blah, blah.  Really?  Great mothering skills, drama queen.  

• Love 4

She had something removed from her stomach last year. There's nothing wrong with her. She made such a mellow drama out of that, too. Holding hands with the other two morons on the show, crying, quoting scripture. She said that she sat down all the children and told them that the result of surgery could be something very serious and mommy could die, blah, blah. Really? Great mothering skills, drama queen.

Well, in fairness it was a real cancer scare. I have no doubt she ampted up the melodrama for teevee but I'm sure the fear was real.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, in fairness it was a real cancer scare. I have no doubt she ampted up the melodrama for teevee but I'm sure the fear was real.

Whenever there is anything wrong with your body, it's cause for fear and or worry.  This was pure attention whoring.  And her children are all under nine I believe.  Why would a mother sit her four year-old down and tell him mommy may die BEFORE you have any clue/or diagnosis?  Completely imploding the little ones' sense of safety and peace.  Fu**ing drama queen.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 10
(edited)

There was another Hasselbeck idiot moment recently.  You know how all Fox and Friends morons seem to ramble, throw in stupid quips, provide sound effects (not kidding), inject their personal opinions into pure news and turn everything negative.  When the woman who stands there and reads the news announced that the New Horizon spacecraft had reached pluto and transmitted first photos, when she finished, Hasselbeck chimed in and was shocked that it took 9.5 years to reach Pluto in such an asshole-ish tone as though those losers at NASA don't know what they're doing and if smart people were assigned to this mission it would not take that long.  I though my head was going to explode.  Those two lightweight, dummies taking about how aerospace isn't what it should be. 

*Just an addendum to this post that is a contender for crazy run-on sentence (s) of the week :)  I made coffee this morning (which I haven't had in months) and I chalk it up to hyper/racy brain.  Having said that….I'm leaving it as is.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 8