Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just poking around some of the more famous comedy clubs - Comedy Store in Los Angeles, Stand Up New York in NYC - and anywhere from $15-30 seems to be the standard ticket price.

That's interesting. I have only been to one comedy show (not a "name"), about 20 years ago, and I can't even remember how much it was, lol. 

That's interesting. I have only been to one comedy show (not a "name"), about 20 years ago, and I can't even remember how much it was, lol.

Here in nyc most of the comedy clubs make their money on the 2 drink minimum at damn near $80 a drink. Not sure how the comedians get paid. Perhaps a percentage on what's collected at the door?

Yikes, that bio is at least 6 years old.  It lists her failed sitcom and mentions her recurring role in a tv show that's been over for years, plus an "upcoming" role in a movie that came out years ago.  Does she not have an agent or PR person anymore?

• Love 1

Haha! Now that's how to pad a resume.    Sherri needs to get off twitter long enough to update her stuff though - Here is the last line:

Yeah, they should get with the current events:  Sherri spends her free time trying to disown her other child.

• Love 5

Rosie will be on The Talk this Wednesday (Feb. 3). Should be interesting to see if they discuss her time on The View. She'll be there primarily to talk about her role in an episode of Mom.

• Love 2

^^^^^^^^^Thanks for the heads up rcc!  I set my dvr.  

Yikes, that bio is at least 6 years old.  It lists her failed sitcom and mentions her recurring role in a tv show that's been over for years, plus an "upcoming" role in a movie that came out years ago.  Does she not have an agent or PR person anymore?

I thought she fired her manager and made Sally her manager when she was with him, so now who knows?  She seems to manage everything through tweets, lol.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Rosie was at her funny and personable best on The Talk today. She had everyone laughing and the audience gave her a standing O. I'm glad for her. Everyone on that panel enjoyed her too.

• Love 10

She was on The Talk?  Well, shit.

I looked for her on The Chew.  Of course ... she wasn't there.  Duh.  Damn these shows and their little names.

Yeah, I'm pissed that I missed RO on The Talk, but found a couple of clips at this link.

RO was also on The Late Late Show w/James Corden earlier tonight and turned it on there just as it was going off! Damn.

We'll have to be more diligent about announcing Rosie appearances.  I knew she was going to be on The Talk but assumed everyone else did too.  She was relaxed, funny & lovely.  (My guts churned when Sharon Osbourne introduced her as Rosie O'Donald.)  I think Sharon makes those mistakes on purpose to let people know she hasn't got a clue who "this person" is & she's "above it all" (said with a Maggie Smith accent).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 9

And this is why my TiVo is my true beloved:  it tells me anytime Rosie's on anything so I can be sure to record it if I want to.  With Nigella Lawson, it records it without having to ask me!

TiVo is awesome.

• Love 3

And this is why my TiVo is my true beloved:  it tells me anytime Rosie's on anything so I can be sure to record it if I want to.  With Nigella Lawson, it records it without having to ask me!

TiVo is awesome.

I didn't know you could schedule according to who is scheduled to appear on a show. You should make a commercial!

• Love 1

I just watched it (The Talk) too.  Rosie is truly a natural.  

And how much fun was that "game" where the questions were all about The Rosie O'Donnell show!  I am not ashamed I got all five questions right too.   I loved TROS

A young comedian whose name I can't remember was on James Cordan with RO and she told a story about meeting RO on the set of The Spew last year.     She said RO was so supportive and nice to her while "another co-host" was horrible to her backstage and onstage.  Hmmmm, someone being rude to guest on this show?   I wonder who that could have been, lol.  

*DVR ALERT*  

RO was on The Talk and The Late Late Show promoting her guest appearance on a CBS sitcom Mom that airs tonight (Thursday) I don't watch it but I've got it set to record. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

And how much fun was that "game" where the questions were all about The Rosie O'Donnell show!  I am not ashamed I got all five questions right too.   I loved TROS

A young comedian whose name I can't remember was on James Cordan with RO and she told a story about meeting RO on the set of The Spew last year.     She said RO was so supportive and nice to her while "another co-host" was horrible to her backstage and onstage.  Hmmmm, someone being rude to guest on this show?   I wonder who that could have been, lol.  

*DVR ALERT*  

RO was on The Talk and The Late Late Show promoting her guest appearance on a CBS sitcom Mom that airs tonight (Thursday) I don't watch it but I've got it set to record. 

The young comedian was Nikki Glaser. I thought that was interesting. One name came to mind - whoops!

I don't watch Mom either but will tonight. I had never seen James' show either before last night. I like him.

• Love 4

The young comedian was Nikki Glaser. I thought that was interesting. One name came to mind - whoops!

I don't watch Mom either but will tonight. I had never seen James' show either before last night. I like him.

Thanks for the name rcc.   Corden's show is good but I think his best stuff is the Karaoke Carpool pieces, which I'm sure are on Youtube with/a quick google.  The Adele one has something like 65 million hits and this week he did one with Chris Martin of Coldplay.   

• Love 4

*DVR ALERT*  

I think it would have been Nicholle--because Nikki Glaser told the joke she made backstage and the co-host she was talking about was grossed out by her joke (about peeing in the bathtub).  And that could not have been Whoopi.

• Love 3

Yeah, I was thinking it couldn't be Whoopi because she was out for her back or something. The way she put it though, she said another "guest co-host," so I wasn't sure what to think. Maybe she mispoke and meant one of the regulars? I could picture Nicolle being rude like that. Although I guess Rosie Perez wouldn't be too unbelievable.

I thought Rosie was nice on Corden's show, even if I found his show really hectic, tbh. Mom was good, too. I knew she was going to be on The Talk, but somehow managed to miss it anyway.

• Love 2

I think it would have been Nicholle--because Nikki Glaser told the joke she made backstage and the co-host she was talking about was grossed out by her joke (about peeing in the bathtub).  And that could not have been Whoopi.

LOL.  Yes, the woman who luuuuuvs telling fart jokes probably wouldn't have found that particular joke gross but I can see Whoopi or any of the Whoopettes being rude just because RO was being friendly with the guest. 

Whoopi, Perez, or Nicole, although honestly I don't remember Nicole being openly rude to a guest but that doesn't mean she wasn't.  Perez kind of had a rep for treating her hairstylist, makeup etc. people rudely.  And rude is Whoopi's default - especially when it came to RO.  How pathetic is it that there are multiple possibilities of who treated her poorly? This show has been being rude to their guests, their audience and each other (sometimes all three on the same show)  for years now.  

• Love 5

The day that Nikki was on the only regular cohosts were Rosie and Nicole. There were 3 guest hosts that day: Nikki, Mario and Michelle Williams. I found that on a Google search but I don't know how to link.

Whoopi was out with her "back problem" and Rosie P was on Broadway.

I totally thought it was going to be Whoopi who was being a B...although I agree with others that she would probably eat up that kind of humor.

• Love 1

Thanks for the name rcc.   Corden's show is good but I think his best stuff is the Karaoke Carpool pieces, which I'm sure are on Youtube with/a quick google.  The Adele one has something like 65 million hits and this week he did one with Chris Martin of Coldplay.

The one with Stevie Wonder is pure gold. 

• Love 4

On an entirely different note, I was watching our girl Nicole Wallace being a pundit on MSNBC tonight.  She was with Rachael Maddow and Bryan Williams covering  the the SC Republican primary and Nevada Democrat caucus   And while her hair looked like hell, she was clearly in her element - they were all having fun and yet I didn't hear a single cackle.   I've got to say, I like her and Maddow working together and since her old boyfriend Jeb suspended his campaign tonight I thought her remarks were particularly insightful as to why the guy did so poorly.   

• Love 3

I can't seem to find this the case googling about Calif laws on the issue. Is there a source I am missing?

I don't know if those kinds of records would be available to the public.  But the policy of having the higher-earning parent pay the lesser-earning parent some amount of child support is standard when the disparity in earnings is significant, even when the wealthier spouse has the child the majority of the time.  It is about providing for the child even when they are not in your care because it is in the child's best interest you do so.  Period.  To the extend that the other spouse benefits from those payments, well, it's just too bad.  It's about the child. 

I actually  don't have a problem with the practice at all.  And it doesn't matter if it's a man paying a woman or a woman paying a man.  What I DO have a problem with is taking to social media to condemn how hard your ex has to work in order to earn that money.   That is what pisses me off about Jeff Tarpley badmouthing Sherri.  I don't believe for a minute he would prefer Sherri get a minimum wage job someplace just so she doesn't have to be away from Jeffrey.   If he was that bothered by the situation, he'd find a way to pick up the slack.  Not spend his time tweeting shit to Sherri's ex just to stir the pot.  That right there tells me everything I need to know about Jeff Tarpley, and none of it is good. 

On an entirely different note, I was watching our girl Nicole Wallace being a pundit on MSNBC tonight.    

Rats, I wish I had seen that.  I have grown to really dislike Paula and seeing her do something well would have done a lot to alleviate my impatience with her.  

• Love 3

I don't know if those kinds of records would be available to the public.  But the policy of having the higher-earning parent pay the lesser-earning parent some amount of child support is standard when the disparity in earnings is significant, even when the wealthier spouse has the child the majority of the time.  It is about providing for the child even when they are not in your care because it is in the child's best interest you do so.  Period.  To the extend that the other spouse benefits from those payments, well, it's just too bad.  It's about the child. 

I actually  don't have a problem with the practice at all.  And it doesn't matter if it's a man paying a woman or a woman paying a man.  What I DO have a problem with is taking to social media to condemn how hard your ex has to work in order to earn that money.   That is what pisses me off about Jeff Tarpley badmouthing Sherri.  I don't believe for a minute he would prefer Sherri get a minimum wage job someplace just so she doesn't have to be away from Jeffrey.   If he was that bothered by the situation, he'd find a way to pick up the slack.  Not spend his time tweeting shit to Sherri's ex just to stir the pot.  That right there tells me everything I need to know about Jeff Tarpley, and none of it is good. 

Rats, I wish I had seen that.  I have grown to really dislike Paula and seeing her do something well would have done a lot to alleviate my impatience with her.  

I'm thinking Celia has had more wine than me .... LOL.  I'm going to try & catch her.  Too bad about poor Jeb, but The Donald???  WTH!!!

• Love 2

I'm thinking Celia has had more wine than me .... LOL.  I'm going to try & catch her. 

omg, lol !!! I am so embarrassed!  I wish I could blame it on wine, but I am afraid that blunder was just me being dense!  

Those two are just the same person to me, I guess.  They look alike.  They sound alike.  They annoy me in the exact same way.  If they had Paula sit in Nicole's spot at the table, I am not sure I would have ever realized she was a different person.

.paula-faris.jpg?crop=top&fit=clip&h=500&nicole-wallace.jpg?w=650

• Love 3

Thanks for the heads up about Nicolle on MSNBC.  I managed to catch a good portion of the show.  Rachel made her look inept & "my crush" Brian Williams was kind of way out in left field.  I taped 2 more hours, so I'll catch up when I'm more "with it", LOL.  Trump???  Gawd!!!

• Love 3

Rosie and Nicolle were having a back and forth on Twitter for Nicolle bringing up Rosie doubting the official 9/11 story.  Nicolle apologized and said her point came out wrong, Rosie told her not to bring her up unless she is on TV with her to debate her, Nicolle said deal. 

I bet Nicolle was scared as fuck to see Rosie's name in her mentions, haha.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 7

Rosie and Nicolle were having a back and forth on Twitter for Nicolle bringing up Rosie doubting the official 9/11 story.  Nicolle apologized and said her point came out wrong, Rosie told her not to bring her up unless she is on TV with her to debate her, Nicolle said deal. 

I bet Nicolle was scared as fuck to see Rosie's name in her mentions, haha.

Haha!  I did hear part of that conversation (well, the part where Nicole mentioned RO's name0 but I was doing three other things and missed it. and haven't been on Twitter in days.   Thanks for the recap Morbs!

I watched a little too. She [Nicolle]  added nothing. Although - she did learn a lot about interrupting and over talking on this show. She is now a master.

I think I liked what she said about her boyfriend Jeb because I've been saying basically the same thing about him(without the admiration) for months.   

Still, I like Nicolle as the Republican pundit on MSNBC.  I don't agree with any of her politics but I like that she's not an idiot and she's not nasty and venomous.  I think Maddow likes her too.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Sorry, not a Nicolle fan, but Rosie can go pound sand.  Nicolle can say whatever she want about anyone, assuming that it's not untrue. She doesn't need Rosie's permission or to allow Rosie "equal time."  Hell, this is what Hot Topics is based on.  Perhaps Rosie doesn't remember how the Donald Trump feud started - when she criticized what he said about the Miss America contestant,  but also how he talked and looked.  She and Trump aren't as different at their essence, as she would like to think.

I've heard over the years these rumors about Rosie being a bully with anger issues. When i read Twitter exchanges like this, I'm inclined to believe them.

• Love 5