Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I have given Merediths show another chance. She starts off with a 30 minute panel discussion called "what's hot now" and it is pretty good. Second half is okay if she has a good guest because she does know how to do an interview. Much less to FF through this year.

• Love 3

I have given Merediths show another chance. She starts off with a 30 minute panel discussion called "what's hot now" and it is pretty good. Second half is okay if she has a good guest because she does know how to do an interview. Much less to FF through this year.

Exactly why I came here to see if anyone else is watching Meredith's new version of her show. If my view weren't tainted by the stereotypes that have come and gone on The View, I would wholeheartedly be on board with this. Meredith has always shined as a moderator and still does which makes this really watchable. BUT I sincerely hope that the panel members are not permanent fixtures.

• Love 2

Exactly why I came here to see if anyone else is watching Meredith's new version of her show. If my view weren't tainted by the stereotypes that have come and gone on The View, I would wholeheartedly be on board with this. Meredith has always shined as a moderator and still does which makes this really watchable. BUT I sincerely hope that the panel members are not permanent fixtures.

I'm willing to give the panel members a chance. The only one who seems not a good fit to me is the comic lady.  I was never a fan of all her games and contests, and whenever they show up this year, I  FF through them. Meredith is so good as moderator and keeping it all together and flowing.  

• Love 1

I'm willing to give the panel members a chance. The only one who seems not a good fit to me is the comic lady.  I was never a fan of all her games and contests, and whenever they show up this year, I  FF through them. Meredith is so good as moderator and keeping it all together and flowing.

I didn't like all those games either. Glad to see fewer of those. I agree about the comic. And that's what irks me. All the panel shows, View, Talk, etc. Seem to hire the heavyset woman who denigrates herself and comes across as a punchline. I'm tired of that. And she has Lance Bass as her requisite Mario Cantone gay guy but without the quick wit amd smarts of Mario. Yet despite that, her new format works so much better because she is really good in this style. I only wish that our TV station that carries it would put it opposite of The View.

• Love 2

And she has Lance Bass as her requisite Mario Cantone gay guy but without the quick wit amd smarts of Mario.

I guess Lance is bringing the pretty then? He has always been a bit vapid to me. I'm surprised she didn't get Anderson Cooper.

I might check Meredith's show out again just to see. I have to admit that, while Meredith works great as a moderator and I definitely like her, she doesn't have the kind of personality that I would tune in just for her (this is the same reason I think Queen Latifah would be a good moderator), so hopefully I'll like at least one of the co-hosts...

• Love 2

Nicolle Wallace appeared on today's Wendy Williams Show as part of the Hot Talk panel.  Wendy asked Nicolle if she's watched The View yet, and Nicolle said that it was still too early to attempt watching it.  Nicolle voiced her Republican perspective on Donald Trump, but she contributed to other gossipy topics.  It was fun to see Nicolle enjoying herself.  

• Love 2

Nicolle Wallace appeared on today's Wendy Williams Show as part of the Hot Talk panel. Wendy asked Nicolle if she's watched The View yet, and Nicolle said that it was still too early to attempt watching it. Nicolle voiced her Republican perspective on Donald Trump, but she contributed to other gossipy topics. It was fun to see Nicolle enjoying herself.

I saw this. While I don't like Nicole, she seemed pretty relaxed with Wendy and the others on the panel.

I simply can't stand EH's smile - especially on F&F - the other day they mowed down the 14 year old boy that took his homemade digital clock to school for a science class. The other blond bimbo did the story but I know EH knew what was coming. Evidently this is a bad kid - "he is not as innocent as he seems." And "has a history of trouble." "He is a weird little kid."

Evidently F&F thinks this kid should be locked up - his mistakes? He was caught blowing bubbles in the school bathroom in the 6th grade. Oh - and he pranked another kid with a homemade remote control that stopped a projectionist the other kid was using in school.

"It's unknown if President Obama is aware of his past disciplinary problems in school."

And when then when the segment ended Elisabeth had her awful smirk. Like - yeah - this kid is a real loser. Source - Huffpo.

ETA - Plus he was suspended for the bubbles.....

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3
I'm surprised she didn't get Anderson Cooper.

Hopefully Anderson doesn't need or want this type of exposure.  He has a few respectable news jobs and shows up as an occasional guest on night-time talk shows.

60 Minutes ~ Anderson Cooper 360 ~ more...and lots of political coverage. 

• Love 2

I simply can't stand EH's smile - especially on F&F - the other day they mowed down the 14 year old boy that took his homemade digital clock to school for a science class. The other blond bimbo did the story but I know EH knew what was coming. Evidently this is a bad kid - "he is not as innocent as he seems." And "has a history of trouble." "He is a weird little kid."

Evidently F&F thinks this kid should be locked up - his mistakes? He was caught blowing bubbles in the school bathroom in the 6th grade. Oh - and he pranked another kid with a homemade remote control that stopped a projectionist the other kid was using in school.

"It's unknown if President Obama is aware of his past disciplinary problems in school."

And when then when the segment ended Elisabeth had her awful smirk. Like - yeah - this kid is a real loser. Source - Huffpo.

ETA - Plus he was suspended for the bubbles.....

Wow.  A twofer - the Muslim boy and The President [whom over half their viewers believe is a Muslim]  That's low.  I mean I wouldn't expect them to applaud a Muslim boy [or a boy that even looks Muslim] but it sounds like their fear mongering is even lower than I would have guessed - and I would have guessed it was pretty low.  

On The Spew I found Bitsy laughable more often than not with her screeching and leg stretching/posing etc.   But it sounds like she's gotten even harder and nastier over there.  I'm so glad she's on in the middle of the night here. But honestly, even if I was up [it happens] I would probably tune into Morning Joe before F&F.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

OMG Cosmo - I'm in your area and sometimes wake early - I just zip off to CNN or Matlock, lol.

But at 7a I go to CBS. They welcome the west coasters. Chris Mathews had to explain what time it was here by subtracting 3 hours the other day on our coast. I think because Roseburg was the topic.

• Love 1

OMG Cosmo - I'm in your area and sometimes wake early - I just zip off to CNN or Matlock, lol.

But at 7a I go to CBS. They welcome the west coasters. Chris Mathews had to explain what time it was here by subtracting 3 hours the other day on our coast. I think because Roseburg was the topic.

maggiemae, I never told you but you are the one that turned me on to CBS Morning Show!  If I'm home that's what I watch too.  Sometimes I even DVR it, lol.   It's so different from Today and GMA and I feel like I'm up on the big stories of the day.   LOL about Matthews.  Those MSNBC guys don't know anything about us West Coasters. 

Mornings are so tough for me, I'm never in a good mood first thing, so if I ever came upon Bitsy before daylight, or before coffee I might bite someone's head off!  

I do have a question for those here that do watch F&F - how are Elisabeth's shoes?   Does she still wear the taupe heels everyday or has she changed it up?  I have seen clips enough to know she doesn't have to stretch out her legs to show them off anymore.  Heh. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

But honestly, even if I was up [it happens] I would probably tune into Morning Joe before F&F.

As an acquaintance on this board that appreciates you, don't do that!  Joe's bloviating and Mika's preening would probably make your head explode!

• Love 2

Hopefully Anderson doesn't need or want this type of exposure.  He has a few respectable news jobs and shows up as an occasional guest on night-time talk shows.

60 Minutes ~ Anderson Cooper 360 ~ more...and lots of political coverage. 

I only thought of him because he had the failed talkshow a year or so ago. He's another one that would work in a group since, like with Meredith, I like him and yet found I rarely watched his solo talkshow. It didn't help that he was obsessed with Real Housewives.

I only thought of him because he had the failed talkshow a year or so ago. He's another one that would work in a group since, like with Meredith, I like him and yet found I rarely watched his solo talkshow. It didn't help that he was obsessed with Real Housewives.

Anderson Cooper is good friends with Andy Cohen - so maybe that's where the HW obsession (at least as guests) came from.  

• Love 3

Not to recommend this show in general, but while I was cleaning floors, I must've left the TV on the channel Meredith's show airs and I happened to hear Elisabeth Hasselbeck's question about Black Lives Matter being discussed on The Steve Harvey Show. (I don't like Steve Harvey, btw.) One woman cited Shakespeare--"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." The others didn't understand how she could be "so stupid," and that they wondered if she was just trying to cause controversy to get her View job back.

It goes without saying that the broom I was holding was all that kept me from rolling around on the floor in laughter.

• Love 9

Started seeing the ads tonight for BaWa's new show on the ID Network, "American Scandals".  The promo for it looked pretty good, especially if you like that genre.  Problem is, I'll have to find someway of putting BaWa on "ignore" in order to get through it.  Show starts airing Nov. 2 at 10:00 p.m.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

SNL did a Fox & Friends skit at the start of the show. Bitsy accuses Planned Parenthood of "selling baby parts the way KFC sells chicken". Not hilarious, but I do like how Bitsy is portrayed as a total nitwit.

Can't wait to see the clip of it!

• Love 1

Kristen Wiig really had Hasselbeck's crazy perfected.  I was actually excited to see the Fox & Friends logo open SNL, but it wasn't as fantastic as it could be.  Doocy is like watching an experiment to me.  He so weird/show-offy/ass-kissey/circus monkey,  that I can't take my eyes off him.  A ton of quirks to lampoon.  Almost every time i watch him I think SNL needs to make this one of their best digs.  

• Love 7

I saw the skit when it aired. Elisabeth telling the Speaker candidate he would be third in line for the presidency, the huge list of corrected misinformation at the end, and everything the guy on the right said = perfect.

I love those!

• iPads are not "just for women."
  • Bernie Sanders is not the founder of KFC
  • Tom Hanks did not play MLK in Selma
  • There is no emoji for "illegal immigrant."
  • Magic Johnson is not a warlock
  • Safeway is a supermarket chain; not the slang word for abstinence
  • Sneezing is not an effective form of birth control
  • Pac Man fever did not kill 400,000 children in the 80s
  • Jewish people do exist
  • Billy Bush is not a presidential candidate
  • "Kokomo" is a Beach Boys song; Guantanamo is a US detention camp
  • Twins are not the result of group sex
  • The Black Market is not where African-Americans buy produce
  • Obama is not a former member of Jodeci
  • Charles Schultz did not die of a Peanut allergy
  • People who are colorblind can see Tom Green
  • John Stamos isn't the Greek God of Yogurt
  • Ronald Reagan's heart is not at the bottom of a volcano
  • On Fridays during Lent, Catholics can still listen to Meatloaf
  • Donald Trump has no plans to deport Speedy Gonzales
  • Seaworld is not a Kevin Costner movie
  • Muslims are allowed to be girls
  • King Cobras are not elected
  • Mass shootings are not only in Massachusetts
  • The water on Mars isn't bottled
  • An IUD does not explode inside of a woman
  • Obama's oldest daughter is named Malia, not Syria
  • Bernie Sanders is not related to Santa Claus
Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 10

I love those!

• Sneezing is not an effective form of birth control
  • Twins are not the result of group sex
  • An IUD does not explode inside of a woman
  • Obama's oldest daughter is named Malia, not Syria

These made me laugh the most. I could really see Fox saying these things to make sex, birth control, and Obama sound scary to the gullible viewer who takes them at their word.

• Love 5

Roger ~ I had recorded SNL and got them from that Fox sketch . I had to pause every couple of seconds because they scrolled up so fast!

This totally cracked me up  for some reason:

• On Fridays during Lent, Catholics can still listen to Meatloaf
  • Love 7

I can't even begin the unpack the lack of rational thought in that link above. I don't believe for two seconds that she wants to see the Suffragette movie and even so, the preview made her cry? Pfft.

And even assuming she came up with these thoughts herself - and I seriously doubt she watched the debate - does she realize how sexist it is to claim that the men "let" Hillary win the debate?

• Love 7

I can't even begin the unpack the lack of rational thought in that link above. I don't believe for two seconds that she wants to see the Suffragette movie and even so, the preview made her cry? Pfft.

And even assuming she came up with these thoughts herself - and I seriously doubt she watched the debate - does she realize how sexist it is to claim that the men "let" Hillary win the debate?

Well, according to Bitsy, the big bad feminists FORCED them to let Hillary win.  

Does she even THINK before she speaks?  

And TribbleTrouble - thanks for the "Hasselbeck and her side boobs" -   I will forever think of them that way.  

• Love 7

SNL did a Fox & Friends skit at the start of the show. Bitsy accuses Planned Parenthood of "selling baby parts the way KFC sells chicken". Not hilarious, but I do like how Bitsy is portrayed as a total nitwit.

Sadly, I didn't think they portrayed the true stupidity of Bitsy. Plus, her new TV face on F/F is very tightly wound broom up her bum on a couch.  Gaze straight into the camera.  Wait until it is her time to talk.  Then talk right to the camera.  She is so unnatural, I have no idea who coached her to do this, but this is her F/F persona.  I don't think that SNL watched her closely enough to get that, she could have been any blond Fox gal.

• Love 9

Plus she has a monotone, clipped delivery of her teleprompter and emphasizes. Every. Word. Often in a ragey voice.

I never understood why ABC didn't work with her to improve her presence and delivery when she was on The View. Her tone was shrill and shreiky and she couldn't ask a question to save her life. Doesn't look like Fox did much with her either.

• Love 7

From this poorly written story:  

More than six months after she was let go from daytime talker The View, former show producer Jennifer Shepard-Brookman has taken Rosie O’Donnell to court. In a jury-seeking complaint filed this week in New York, The View’s once veteran and Emmy-winning senior producer alleges that the former co-host cost her a job of 14 years by blaming her for leaks in the press about backstage tensions at the show.

So this producer person had been on the show 14 years, running it into the toilet for at least half of that time?   She won a Daytime Emmy for this shitshow but apparently hasn't been able to find a job.  Personally, I would like to shake the hand of whomever gave this person the axe.  As one of the "senior producers" of The Spew she probably should have been fired years ago.  

Her money's probably running out and so now it's all RO's fault.     But if RO had any power over production this show wouldn't suck.     Someone was talking smack about RO to the tabs all last season and this chick reports she had fight with RO in September of last year?  Hmmmmmm.

But either way, RO didn't fire the woman but instead of suing ABC [who would crush her like a bug] Brookman's going after  RO's deep pockets  knowing that RO has so much stuff on her plate right now she  will probably settle instead of fighting it - just to make this loser go away.  If this Jennifer thinks she's been having a hard time finding a job before this she might as well start changing careers after suing the talent on a show and then expecting anyone to hire her in TV production.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

From this poorly written story:

So this producer person had been on the show 14 years, running it into the toilet for at least half of that time? She won a Daytime Emmy for this shitshow but apparently hasn't been able to find a job. Personally, I would like to shake the hand of whomever gave this person the axe. As one of the "senior producers" of The Spew she probably should have been fired years ago.

Her money's probably running out and so now it's all RO's fault. But if RO had any power over production this show wouldn't suck. Someone was talking smack about RO to the tabs all last season and this chick reports she had fight with RO in September of last year? Hmmmmmm.

RO didn't fire the woman but instead of suing ABC [who would crush her like a bug] she's suing RO's deep pockets knowing that she has so much stuff on her plate right now she will probably settle instead of fighting it - just to make this loser go away. If she thinks she's been having a hard time finding a job before this she might as well start changing careers after suing the talent on a show and then expecting anyone to hire her.

Yep, I suspect that's just about right. Assuming the reports that came out at the time were more or less accurate, this producer was behaving really inappropriately and unprofessionally and then instigated a huge fight with Rosie in front of the entire staff that was so disrespectful and brutal toward Rosie that the members of the staff who witnessed it reported her to HR because they were so disturbed by her behavior. ABC suspended her and she wasn't terminated until AFTER Rosie had already left the show. Now I suspect no one in the industry is willing to hire her, or at least not for another senior position, and suddenly her bad behavior is all Rosie's fault. If Rosie was the problem then why would they terminate the producer after Ro was no longer with the show? Apparently she knows she doesn't have a case for wrongful termination against ABC since they presumably did their proper due diligence and concluded that the incident (and perhaps others that they may have uncovered) warranted firing her ass, so she's trying to get back at Rosie instead in the hope that Ro will settle and pay her something just to make it go away. Poor Ro. And the hits just keep on hittin'....

• Love 6

Reading through the case against Rosie- I can't help wonder what Whoopi's attendance was like for those Hot Topic meetings.

And- How can the suit mention media articles without identifying their source- My thought is if they were trusted sources (and not tabloids), the suit would name them!

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/rosie-odonnell-view-producer-lawsuit.pdf

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

I'm not ready to write off this producer's lawsuit just yet.  I read the complaint linked to that article and the allegations are pretty precise and alleges the specific names various witnesses to the incidents. (A lot of these shakedown complaints are incredibly vague and he-said/she-said).  Maybe her motivations are money-driven, but there seems to be fire with this smoke, and I'm not surprised - Rosie's lawsuit concerning her magazine showed her to be a very intense and occasionally abusive boss (screaming at a colleague that she's a liar and liars get cancer, for example.)  Do these incidents rise to legal claims? Up to a judge to decide.  I doubt this will go to trial, however. Rosie's lawyers will try to get it dismissed - and may succeed if these facts don't rise to real legal claims - and if they don't, there will be a settlement. 

Maybe SNL should let Kate McKinnon take a stab at it next time.

That would be perfect. McKinnon would get Bitsy's crazy ragey eyes down pat!

• Love 1