Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E34: Taylor & Christian

GaT

Original Airdate 07/17/19

Taylor needs help after falling for a guy who claims to have gone to her high school, but she doesn't remember him. Nev and co-host Tallulah dig in to Taylor's tale, only to uncover secrets more shocking than they ever expected.

About the only good thing I can say about this episode is that Taylor was shown for the skank liar she is. And they left her at the curb to find her own way home.

The phone number was where she made her mistake. Buy a burner cell, for crying out loud!!! She is one dumb twit to think this would turn out in her favor.

• Love 6

I'm only a few scenes into this episode, and am totally distracted by the fact that Tallulah seems like she's really strung out on something. I know she has her schtick - quirky daughter of A-list celebs who has issues - but the way she's acting in this episode seems different. She seems high and a bit out of it, but also trying to focus in on the job.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nev has Tallulah in his phone as Tallulah Willis because he knows more than one Tallulah?

I wonder if people are trolling Taylor on Instagram or perhaps no one watches this show and it didn't effect her at all.

Jerrika is a smart girl.

The problem with catfishing Catfish is that most people aren't naturally good actors.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 2

First, I'm not buying this whole thing with Nev thinking there's something wrong with Taylor right from the beginning, I think he knew she was scamming them. Second, why would they even show this episode? Taylor got exactly what she wanted, she's on TV, that was the whole point.

• Love 11

I had the same question. Why show it at all? Then I figured Nev decided to show how foolish and dumb the girl was. They have had a lot of questionable guests so far this season and I think it’s going to backfire on Nev.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I had the same question. Why show it at all? Then I figured Nev decided to show how foolish and dumb the girl was. They have had a lot of questionable guests so far this season and I think it’s going to backfire on Nev.

I'm not a regular viewer of the show, but I watched last night's because I was bored. 

I'm not sure what the point of showing this episode was. If someone new to the show didn't know any better, the minute Nev started saying something was off with Taylor, which turns out be true, but Nev takes it all the way just to criticize her, might assume he's part of the ruse. 

Taylor got what she wanted. Jerrika was the only smart person in this episode and she wasn't even featured. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Nev takes it all the way just to criticize her, might assume he's part of the ruse.

Oh, I’m sure he knew exactly what was going on. Tallulah just sat there with her mouth hanging open.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GaT said:

First, I'm not buying this whole thing with Nev thinking there's something wrong with Taylor right from the beginning, I think he knew she was scamming them. Second, why would they even show this episode? Taylor got exactly what she wanted, she's on TV, that was the whole point.

Yeah. Also thought though why would this Taylor character allow this to be shown but realized the consent forms are probably signed long before filming takes place and she no longer has a say in how she comes off as. 

Like that they just left her there but I bet that's for the show and they got her back home

• Love 1
(edited)

I wasnt following as closely as I could have been, but why was that first phone number even brought into it? Taylor basically gave them the information they needed to unmask her, i.e. she GAVE them her friend's phone number under the pretense that it was the first number she talked to Christian on. She gave them a second phone number as well that led nowhere, so i'm very unclear on why she would make such an obvious mistake.

Edited by bref
2 hours ago, bref said:

I wasnt following as closely as I could have been, but why was that first phone number even brought into it? Taylor basically gave them the information they needed to unmask her, i.e. she GAVE them her friend's phone number under the pretense that it was the first number she talked to Christian on. She gave them a second phone number as well that led nowhere, so i'm very unclear on why she would make such an obvious mistake.

She didn't seem very bright.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, 100Proof said:

Like that they just left her there but I bet that's for the show and they got her back home

Production would have seen that she got on a plane back home. Not with Nev and Tallulah.

7 hours ago, 100Proof said:

Also thought though why would this Taylor character allow this to be shown but realized the consent forms are probably signed long before filming takes place and she no longer has a say in how she comes off as. 

Because she thought she was Queen B and would pull the wool over Nev’s eyes and come out looking like a star. LMAO

• Love 2

This season is all about "firsts". I believe this Episode was Entirely scripted by Nev and Taylor just so they could have an episode with this situation. Tallulah seemed spaced out alot this episode like she already knew what was happening. And Nev just out of the Blue feels Taylor isnt being honest? lol.... I dont buy it! Also,  Nev yelling at Taylor felt unnatural, felt  scripted. 

• Love 5

This season is painfully scripted to shoehorn everything into the "CATFISH FIRST!" theme, which is mentioned at least 4 times an ep. There's no way Nev had suspicions about Taylor from their bland 5 min introduction. And Nev angrily "confronting" Taylor & co. was laughably bad acting.

Tallulah did seem high.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

There's no way Nev had suspicions about Taylor from their bland 5 min introduction.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nev says something similar every time, in case it fits the narrative the producers decide to put together. It's also not unusual for reality shows to film things after-the-fact, so anything with Nev and his cohost-of-the-week talking in a nondescript hotel room or coffee shop can be done that way too.

I’ve caught them doing that, @LoneHaranguer. Don’t remember which episode, but Max and Nev were in a hotel room talking to the newest catfishee, and later after meeting with them they are back in the hotel room going over things with him/her again via Skype and they are dressed the same, same stuff is exactly where it was on the table behind them.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, Teri313 said:

I'm only a few scenes into this episode, and am totally distracted by the fact that Tallulah seems like she's really strung out on something. I know she has her schtick - quirky daughter of A-list celebs who has issues - but the way she's acting in this episode seems different. She seems high and a bit out of it, but also trying to focus in on the job.

Yep. She was as high as a kite. She was totally checked out during certain scenes.

• Love 2

We must all remember all these shows are edited.  Nev could have come to the conclusion that something was off with the story after researching and the editors put what he said at the beginning so we’d think how intuitive Nev is.  Oh pulease. Lol

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, lasandi said:

We must all remember all these shows are edited. 

Yeah, and I even noticed that they wonked around with the location for meeting the 'catfish'. I was paying close attention the minute they got to Atlanta, because when they showed Jerrika's zip code and city, I noticed that it is where I live so I figured I might recognize something. The "map" they showed when Nev pointed out they could walk there did not jive in ANY way with where they showed them walking (I live literally just three blocks up the street from that shopping plaza they crossed in front of). I get they probably didn't show the real location for security/privacy reasons.

Also, if they walked there, why were they driving back? Maybe production followed them in the car.

Anyway, all that to say I don't know WHAT is real with this show anymore, lol.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nev said walking to meet the catfish was a first as an aside but that was really the only first.  They have been scammed before and then scolded the catfishee at the end.  One time was when these lesbians lived at other sides of the country and lied about never having met before so production would fly one of them across the country because they were brokeass.

Boy without filters Taylor was downright homely.  And isn’t day trading a scam?

Edited by Spike
  • Love 1

Okay, when Nev first started acting suspicious of Taylor, I figured she was legit because he's always wrong. I kind of liked her, a little. By the end, I thought she was ridiculous. Now, after letting some time go by, I think she did come on the show to get some acting exposure, but I think the whole thing was an act. I don't think she catfished anyone, I think she went along with whatever they told her to say just to get onscreen. I don't think she had any idea, though, how negatively she'd be portrayed. I know actors take on roles of villains and it's all part of the job, but I think nothing good for your career comes from being on Catfish, unless you are guaranteed to come off looking sympathetic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

At the end of the show, instead of the 'heyyyy, it's xxxx, how are you doing facetime chats', they had text updates.  Jerrica said that it was indeed all Taylor's idea, to get on tv to boost her Instagram following.  Jerrica stopped participating as she no way wanted to be on tv for this stunt.

If she was trying to pursue an acting career, nah.  Get thee to some acting classes, because she was wooden and not believable at all.  Wooden.  

I think Taylor was just that stupid.  She really screwed up by giving them Jerrica's number as the supposed Catfish's old number.  You could see she was like oh shit, I messed up.  She could've got a burner phone and tossed it after texting herself for a few months.  Honestly, if she did that, set up an Instagram or some other social media account, then deleted it before Catfish could access it, they'd have no way of finding the Catfish.  Probably wouldn't have aired though.  Not sure how she thought that those people would take the fall for all of it.  Why would anyone volunteer to go on to be portrayed as a Catfish?  smh

Loved that they left her there.  

I kept wondering why no one pulled out the high school yearbook to check for this person.

And then we got to the "twist" and I understood; They knew all along there was no relevant yearbook to look at.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Dee121 said:

I kept wondering why no one pulled out the high school yearbook to check for this person.

And then we got to the "twist" and I understood; They knew all along there was no relevant yearbook to look at.

Same here!! Nev had to know ahead of time this was all a fakeout or he’d have asked about looking at their yearbook. 

• Love 1
On 7/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, Caseysgirl said:

This can’t be the first time in Catfish history that they have been scammed. This is the first time they’ve admitted it or made it part of the narrative.

I don't think the first was that they were scammed...I thought they said that the first was that they knew it was a scam and were double-crossing the scammer.

• Love 1

It was fake from the beginning. She had ZERO emotion talking about him. They didn't even look at the messages they exchanged. And WHAT was the "so much" that he knew about her?? A complete, boring WASTE.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1

I think it was cruel they left her there.  They filmed it and showed it to the world, so if Taylor hadn’t made up the story, they wouldn’t have had an episode.

Nev probably wanted to screw Taylor.  I didn’t buy his, “I’m outraged “ act.  I mean Nev himself is famous because of this show.  And Taylor is not the first person to use the show for their own agenda, so fuck you Nev.

They should just cancel this show.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I’m sure Taylor got transportation back home from production. This show is so heavily scripted we’ll never know what’s true and what’s concocted for TV.

Very true.  Nev's faux outrage really annoyed me.  He knows darn well that the show has a formula and the formula is easy to mimic.  I'm sure Tayor was not the first person to "scam" the show.  Don't be outraged Nev, she gave you a show.

• Love 2