Type keyword(s) to search

Our Host: Christina

1 hour ago, rhofmovalley said:

Good Lord, she is practically naked in that "wedding dress". Nothing like showing all the guests what the groom will be getting after the reception.

Probably lots of people will find that dress beautiful.

Slut dress for sure. I can't even call it a wedding dress.

And she's wearing that in front of her children... WTF was she thinking? 

• Love 10
(edited)

The back of the wedding dress was disgustingly low, barely higher than her butt crack, but the front is horrible.     The front lace barely covers the necessary parts.    Bad taste, and so tight I bet she couldn't even sit down without ripping seams.     Actually the previews of the 'secret wedding' for this week show the total front of the dress, and it's very minimal coverage.    Very tacky.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

I like how she's trying to convince the viewers it was a "surprise" wedding and the guests thought it was a house warming party, yet the men are in suits and tuxedos and the women are in formal dress.  Nice try, Miss Vapid.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, rhofmovalley said:

Good Lord, she is practically naked in that "wedding dress".

"Stripper dresses" are a style (not mine), but if you have watched any episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress," there are lots of women who gravitate to that style.  Christina is definitely that type.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 3

That dress is what is called a Stripper Fairy dress on early Say Yes to the Dress episodes.    I thought it was totally skanky to wear that in front of her children, and I wonder what the guests were thinking?    

Now it becomes clear why it was  a 'secret' wedding, with the photo spread contracted to one source, and the wedding filmed for the TV show.  

• Love 5

The only parts that are covered are her butt crack, her nipples and her cooter. Everything else is on full display.

I feel victimized. I'm just minding my own business trying to enjoy House Hunters or Property Brothers and every commercial break I'm subjected to Miss Untalented Vapid's barely covered breasts. Didn't know I was watching promos for Girls Gone Wild.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Yeah why am I being bombarded with commercials featuring her on HH and HHI?

Does Barbie with the frozen smile know anything about real estate or is HGTV determined to shove her out to audiences of all HGTV shows?

Only other HGTV show I have the slightest interest in is Mediterranean Life for the scenery.

Another show without a host or hostess.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tarek and Christina have always been real estate agents.    Tarek now has his own real estate company, but I don't know if Christina still sells real estate, or just does F or F, and her design show.     Then there is the combined company T & C for flipping properties. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

On SYTTD we've been seeing a lot fewer Stripper Fairy dresses; I thought they were going out of style.  I just don't understand why any woman would want to look like a hooker at her wedding.

• Love 8

The wedding episode is an hour long instead of the usual 30 minutes. I guess someone thinks we need more time to fawn over the happy couple and Christina’s slut-tastic stripper fairy ensemble. GAG. I will not be watching. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'd like to know who at HGTV deemed a solo Christina show a good idea?  I mean, does this woman have a single fan?  At most, it seems there are a few people who tolerate her or "don't mind" her.  But were fans knocking at HGTV's door demanding more Christina??!!  Maybe they gave it to us as a gift of snark.  

I sincerely believe someone has given her some personality coaching.  On Flip or Flop, she was completely flat.  The biggest emotion she showed was mild irritation.  She's a snot.  Here she's trying too hard to be Miss Peppy and is super excitable.  You can tell it's not genuine.

For a laugh, go back and watch the earliest episodes to see how physically she's transformed herself.     

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 7/15/2019 at 9:20 PM, camom said:

On SYTTD we've been seeing a lot fewer Stripper Fairy dresses; I thought they were going out of style.  I just don't understand why any woman would want to look like a hooker at her wedding.

Not just a hooker, but a cheap one who will probably rob you. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I'd like to know who at HGTV deemed a solo Christina show a good idea?

My personal opinion is it has more to do with F or F.  Tarek and Christina began the entire franchise, their reruns still seem to be in hefty rotation, and the mothership has spawned three spinoffs.  All of that is money for HGTV, and if Tarek and Christina ever get to a point where they can't or won't work together, the network is going to be financially sad.  The three spinoffs don't have as much draw or pull as the original.  I think that HGTV is trying to ride the F or F train for as long as possible, and if it takes giving Christina her own show in order to keep her attached to F or F, the network will do so,

• Love 1

Either her shows get high ratings or maybe the highest ratings on HGTV or some exec hopes that will happen.

What a sad commentary on the culture.

• Love 2

I watched. The wedding was a hot mess.

The house seemed to be everything Christina wanted. Ant mentioned having a space for his children so that they would feel welcome when they visit. With four bedrooms, there's no dedicated space for his daughter and son.

Sorry Ant, nothing for you except a spot to play soccer. The privacy gates he built to replace the gorgeous wrought iron gates are fugly. Dude, I hate to say it by they look like a DIY project gone bad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, rhofmovalley said:

On the HGTV Facebook page so many people are posting negative comments about Christina and her lame show. Hope someone at the network pays attention. 

I looked at that page, and there seemed to be a fair amount of people who liked the special, Christina, and were not particular fans of Tarek.  There were negative comments as well, but I didn't think that the negative comments hugely outnumbered the positive.  I'm guessing that HGTV and Discovery (which are now under the same umbrella) are both happy.  Christina and Ant seem to be getting MAE (mutually assured exposure.)

The big question that I kept seeing was why were Tarek and Christina still working together?  People obviously realize it's due to money.  However, Paige and Deron are exes on Nashville.  I think T &C are more of an oddity for people because the public knows the backstory and saw the divorce unfold.  Paige and Deron were already divorced, and if they have children together, they don't talk about them.  It's not public knowledge that they do or don't have kids together.

22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Who is Ant?  Where did he come from and what does he do?

He's the mechanic on a show called Wheeler Dealers on the Motor Trend channel where another Brit, a short fat guy, buys cars (some rather unique) and Ant fixes them up. Then the short fat guy sells them, often for ridiculous low prices and little profit. It's a really dumb show that moved from the UK to California.

My husband used to watch it, that's why I know about it. I can't imagine that Ant makes a fortune being on a show like that and he does have two teenage children back in the UK from a previous marriage to support. Unless Christina profited big time from the sale of her Yorba Linda home (which I'm sure she had to share 50-50 with Tarek), I can see the new Christina and Ant lifestyle crashing and burning at some point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

However, Paige and Deron are exes on Nashville.

As far as I could tell, they were boyfriend and girlfriend, never married. She has twin daughters from an earlier relationship.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

He's the mechanic on a show called Wheeler Dealers on the Motor Trend channel

Thanks.  I thought he was on Top Gear.  (All car shows are the same to me, boring, which I know is how some people feel about HGTV.)  I also thought he made a lot more money 'cause I thought the Top Gear guys were loaded.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Thanks.  I thought he was on Top Gear.  (All car shows are the same to me, boring, which I know is how some people feel about HGTV.)  I also thought he made a lot more money 'cause I thought the Top Gear guys were loaded.

Wheeler Dealers seems like a low budget car renovation show and Ant isn't even the front man on it so I can't imagine him being highly paid and wealthy. Edd China, the mechanic who was originally on the show made a stink because the Brit producers didn't want to spend the money/time to highlight the work he was doing so he was replaced by Ant to fix up the cars.

The premise is that Mike Brewer, the little fat guy, tries to low ball owners to buy their beat-up "classic" cars and usually ends up not getting a deal. When the cars are all fixed up he sells them to buyers who low ball him and usually caves for their low offers. It's a dumb show starring a used car salesman. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So "up to here" with the constant promos of Christina's show.  Haven't watched it but, from the snips shown, it doesn't seem that she's doing anything different as far as her designs.

And the TV promos aren't enough for her or Ant.  Every day, there's a newsy article about her baby bump, her exercise routine, her diet, his surprising her with something fabulous ... and on ... and on ... and on.

Enough already!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DallasGypsy said:

So "up to here" with the constant promos of Christina's show.  Haven't watched it but, from the snips shown, it doesn't seem that she's doing anything different as far as her designs.

And the TV promos aren't enough for her or Ant.  Every day, there's a newsy article about her baby bump, her exercise routine, her diet, his surprising her with something fabulous ... and on ... and on ... and on.

Enough already!

She's pregnant?????

I think HGTV is trying to create a new Fixer Upper show with Christina and her famileee.  They figure if they push her hard enough she will click with viewers.  I don't know if it is working; but I am not a good judge because I never cared for her or the Flip show she did with her husband.  Him...I don't mind; then again, he has not been featured constantly.

• Love 3

Sooo... that's it? Seven episodes featuring Christina's "design expertise" for clients, including the BFF who planned her entire secret wedding, and then two shows exclusively devoted to her fab, multi-million-dollar lifestyle?

Yawn. Anyone know if this has been picked up for another season?

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

Sooo... that's it? Seven episodes featuring Christina's "design expertise" for clients, including the BFF who planned her entire secret wedding, and then two shows exclusively devoted to her fab, multi-million-dollar lifestyle?

Yawn. Anyone know if this has been picked up for another season?

I am not sure how reliable this source is, but it does sound like the ratings were good enough to produce more episodes. 

• Love 1

The "Flip or Flop" star shared a selfie to Instagram on Friday that showed off her burgeoning baby belly.

"Well.... Here we go @ant_anstead ... our world is about to get rocked - in all the best ways of course," she said. "One week until my scheduled c-section. I chose to do this because I had an emergency c-section with Brayden and the whole experience and recovery was really hard on me physically and emotionally. I really don't feel comfortable trying to go down that route again. Bray was 8lbs 13oz - after pushing for hours and hours - he was just stuck and his heart rate was dropping. Based on ultrasound measurements we think this is going to be another big boy so this is the direction we've decided to take," she said of her C-section. "The nursery is ready, the kids are back in school, I'm not sleeping, irritable and uncomfortable. I'm definitely ready to be done and to meet our little man. One week countdown."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/christina-anstead-is-set-to-have-a-c-section-next-week/ar-AAGznFY

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, CruiseDiva said:

Unless Christina profited big time from the sale of her Yorba Linda home (which I'm sure she had to share 50-50 with Tarek), I can see the new Christina and Ant lifestyle crashing and burning at some point.

I'm sure she made a small fortune off the sale of the house in Southern California. And if she got the house in the divorce she didn't have to share shit with Tarek. I'm sure he doesn't mind because that "surprise" wedding just got him out of alimony payments lol.

I noticed when Ant said he wanted a place for his kids, Christina didn't really respond except for uh-huh.

I never really watched more than a couple episodes of Flip or Flop and only watched the last 2  of Christina's show because my daughter put it in my HULU list and I was bored.  I'm not a fan of these type of shows I don't care for all the gray and white subway tiles or the ugly wood they pick for the floors. Not my style at all.

The vibe I got from Christina is diva/bitch. I don't think Ant got a say in anything except the one area in the back yard.

I did think that was cute when Ant was describing the English language to her.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

Interesting, but I wonder why the legal document didn't use his full legal first name (Anthony).

I noticed that and wondered if it was a real document...

I went back and read some of the comments...they are a good read...many interesting thoughts.

I mostly enjoyed Christina on Flip or Flop because of her OTT expressions of disgust on the job (cat pee, scampering rats, rotted food) and eye rolling at Tarek's dumb decisions. So far, this new show is mostly The Benevolent Lady Christina, dispensing her design opinions to the adoring masses. I kind of like the tension on the current Flip/Flop and at least Tarek doesn't always go along with C's gray-and-white-with-a-pop-of-color esthetic, so I guess I'll be sticking with the original.

Also, isn't that 'hair gelled up in a crest' thing on Ant dead and gone (fashion-wise)? I was always surprised that Christina didn't make Tarek update his 'do in recent years.

• Love 2

I know HGTV is really trying hard, but I am not sure if they can make Christina "happen" .... no matter how many promos they show.  She is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

• Love 2
(edited)

More at link. Barf.

The Flip or Flop and Christina on the Coast star announced on Tuesday that she’s partnering with Spectra Home Furniture to create Christina Home Designs.

“I’m super excited,” the HGTV star, 37, wrote on Instagram alongside a shot of her posing with a handful of her designs. “This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time - it’s not only beautiful but it’s also affordable!!”

The line will be available to purchase at the end of 2020.

In a press release, the 30-piece collection is described as setting the “perfect scene for casual living,” with a focus on “modern clean lines” in a color palette filled with neutrals and blues, encapsulating Christina's coastal California vibe. A number of designs are also covered in stain-resistant fabrics perfect for kids.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/hgtvs-christina-anstead-is-designing-an-affordable-furniture-line-i-am-so-excited/ar-BB16PMaC?li=BBnbfcL

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 1