The Boys Season 3 Schedule     June 3, 2022       Amazon Prime Video 
Episodes 1-3    June 3
Episode 4  June 10 
Episode 5   June 17 
Episode 6: Herogasm   June 24 
Episode 7   July 1 
Episode 8   Season 3 Finale   July 8 

• Love 1

Aimee Carrero & Shane Paul McGhie Exit ‘The Boys’ Spinoff; Carrero Joins Prime Video’s ‘The Consultant’

aimee-shane.jpg

Aimee Carrero and Shane Paul McGhie have left the college-set spinoff of The Boys which has an official name that has yet to be released to the public. Factors that may have lead to their departure might include the lengthy time to production and the changing nature of their roles.

The Boys Season 3 Trailer Releases Tomorrow

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sweet! I'm guessing Butcher started taking the V in order to kill Homelander? 

I'm excited and scared for Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy.

I can't wait for June!

I read that in the comics Butcher talked the boys into taking V in order to be more effective in their plan to take down the supes. I wonder if the rest of them will take V as well or if they're just going with Butcher. Loved the shots of Jensen as Soldier Boy! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I read that in the comics Butcher talked the boys into taking V in order to be more effective in their plan to take down the supes. I wonder if the rest of them will take V as well or if they're just going with Butcher. Loved the shots of Jensen as Soldier Boy! 

In a way it makes sense, fighting fire with fire. Although, I expect a storyline about becoming the thing you hate.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

In a way it makes sense, fighting fire with fire. Although, I expect a storyline about becoming the thing you hate.

Oh, I agree. Butcher having a power similar to Homelander (shooting lasers from his eyes) will no doubt fill him with self-loathing after the novelty wears off.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 2

Trailer looks amaaazing. Love Frenchie and Kimiko dancing even if it looks like it's probably a dream sequence, love seeing Homelander looking bruised and shaken (who did that to him?! Ryan? Maeve? Suped-up Butcher? It's about time somebody did!), CC and SB look badass, and Butcher vomiting on Hughie with "Is this entertaining?!" in the background made me cackle. 

This is gonna be an awesome season. 

Edited by Aithne
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2022 at 6:59 PM, DeeDee79 said:

Oh, I agree. Butcher having a power similar to Homelander (shooting lasers from his eyes) will no doubt fill him with self-loathing after the novelty wears off.

I wonder if he takes the V to defend Ryan in so me way. Or to defend others from Ryan. 

The Boys Seasons 1 & 2 Blu-ray to be released on May 17.

Special Features:

Season 1 Blu-ray & DVD

Deleted Scenes   Blooper Reel

Season 2 Blu-ray & DVD

Butcher: A Short Film      Deleted & Extended Scenes       Blooper Reel

The-Boys-Blu-ray-Box-Art.jpg?q=50&fit=cr

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Y'all! The full Trailer and it looks incredible!

The Boys Trailer

Yes it does!!!!! I'm so excited to see this!!!!! 😀

I was glad to hear that apparently Butcher will only get Supe powers from one of the vials for 24 hours, and that it looks like he is being handed just 3 vials of Compound V. I don't blame him for wanting to "level the playing field", but I like the Boys as the underdogs fighting against overwhelming odds. Plus if there is a time limit on Butcher having powers, it adds to the suspense!

Butcher being commended for his good behavior because he "even followed Hugh Campbell’s orders without strangling him" made me laugh! I love the interactions between those two!

• Love 6
On 5/24/2022 at 12:46 PM, blackwing said:

EW article on the upcoming season:  https://ew.com/tv/the-boys-season-3-cover-story/

It discusses Herogasm, says it probably won't look like what comic readers think.  Jensen Ackles says he refused to shoot a particular scene, I wonder if it was related to this episode.

Just to note, Jensen has said (in other venues) that the scene this refers to was not related to Herogasm.

The more I read and hear about this season, the more I can't wait to see it. One more week!

• Love 8
On 5/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, tessathereaper said:

At SXSW Kripke said the scene didn't have to do with Herogasm.  I have a feeling it was probably more violence related and who the violence was against, maybe a child or something.

When Soldier Boy comes out of his cryopod he is completely nude, maybe Jensen Ackles didn't want to show everything he has.

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

When Soldier Boy comes out of his cryopod he is completely nude, maybe Jensen Ackles didn't want to show everything he has.

They have changed so much about all the characters, it's hard to anticipate anything based on the comics. But Jensen has also mentioned in interviews a couple times about he was naked in his first day on set, so I don't think that's it. As @tessathereaper mentioned, my best guess is it was something to do with violence against a marginalized or very young person, or else something truly degrading/dehumanizing. I'm sure the story will be told eventually - Jensen loves stuff like that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't think so, he's told that story and jokes about it.  Sure it was a little uncomfortable, new set, new crew, new cast - first scene he filmed after meeting everyone, but he laughs about it.  So i don't think that was it. And they've said repeatedly it had nothing to do with the orgy so it probably didn't have anything to do with sex.  I really think it had to either with extreme violence or degradation and who it was directed towards.

It's also important to point out he DID the scene, but some adjustments were made to it so it was probably less graphic or perhaps some change in dialogue.

• Useful 5
16 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Karl & Jensen! 😊

Thank you DeeDee! That is a great interview, one of my favorites of the ones I've seen! And a nice job by the person doing the interview.

When they are talking about what they call "Temp - V", and how you never know what powers you will get from taking it,  because it is just random, Jensen laughingly says something about how "obviously Hughie would never have chosen what he gets!" Did we know that Hughie gets temporary Supe powers too? I wonder what power he gets!

I loved the part about Kripke's glee at the consternation of his actors at what they are asked to do. "That's the thing about Kripke -- never expose your weakness!" LOL! That is like, the quintessential Kripke, isn't it?! 😄

Can't wait for the season to start!!

• Love 6