Type keyword(s) to search

The Boys in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

On 1/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, AnimeMania said:

The Boys Star Suspects VFX Team to Create Crowds in Season 3

The just of the article is about how they can fake large crowd scenes since it had been done in previous episodes. Looking for some definitive news about when shooting for season 3 would start, here are the latest predictions from the article.

"Since it's known that Season 3's filming is expected to begin in February and end in August, it's likely Season 3 will premiere on Amazon Prime sometime in late 2022, pending any delays from COVID-19."

Good to know since I'd hate for the third season to look remarkably different from seasons 1 & 2 due to COVID restrictions that will hopefully lighten up as the numbers start going down again and the vaccines are being distributed.

• Love 1

This is just one of the many tweets of the filming of The Boys which has Jensen's stand in - I have no idea why they are using a stand in for filming - would be very interested if someone could explain that! Also if that is the suit then I've gotta say not impressed. I was surprised to come here and find no one else had posted any of the numerous tweets including the one about several ex Supernatural writers and producers who are now working on The Boys.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Icarus said:

This is just one of the many tweets of the filming of The Boys which has Jensen's stand in - I have no idea why they are using a stand in for filming - would be very interested if someone could explain that! Also if that is the suit then I've gotta say not impressed. I was surprised to come here and find no one else had posted any of the numerous tweets including the one about several ex Supernatural writers and producers who are now working on The Boys.

I could be wrong but I thought that stand ins were used to set up camera's and positioning of actors that can sometimes take a long time. They don't want to have the stars stand around for hours not really acting.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Icarus said:

Also if that is the suit then I've gotta say not impressed

Could be a couple of things. Maybe this is Soldier Boys "old" costume and he gets an upgrade/rebranding like they did to Starlight in S1. 

It kind of reminds me of Captain America's original suit, when he wore it again in The Avengers it looked a little goofy next to Thor, Hawkeye and Widow.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Could be a couple of things. Maybe this is Soldier Boys "old" costume and he gets an upgrade/rebranding like they did to Starlight in S1. 

It kind of reminds me of Captain America's original suit, when he wore it again in The Avengers it looked a little goofy next to Thor, Hawkeye and Widow.

I doubt seriously this is the suit - the real one has been molded to the actor's body, like all the other actors had done with their super suits. Jensen, Kripke, and even Antony have all indicated it's very skin tight. So this could be a stand-in, or ...

Spoiler

what it looks like to me is an actor playing the role of Soldier Boy in the Dawn of the Seven movie. He's on a red carpet, so it's probably the actor Vought hired to play the role since SB is supposed to be dead.

• Love 3

Apparently according to Jensen's Aunt he is still in Colorado and has not yet gone to Toronto - so that would mean he will not be filming for at least the next couple of weeks.

• Useful 1
On 9/4/2020 at 12:50 PM, AnimeMania said:

There is a TV Series on Amazon Prime that is called "Inside The Boys" that is a talk show that discusses each episode of Season 2 of The Boys.

Will check it out, Btw you checked out the whole series?

9 hours ago, Felixkoch2312 said:
On 9/4/2020 at 3:50 AM, AnimeMania said:

There is a TV Series on Amazon Prime that is called "Inside The Boys" that is a talk show that discusses each episode of Season 2 of The Boys.

Will check it out, Btw you checked out the whole series?

Yes, you should watch each episode after watching the corresponding episode of The Boys since the show's comedy material directly relates to that episode. It is silly, but it does have the cast of The Boys commenting directly about that episode.

• Love 1

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-boys-star-aya-cash-confirms-shes-not-returning-for-season-3/?fbclid=IwAR3mZhHpdP3yT4KGA9W8F5zwFNSeiNg7jno3V-ou04Dqzjv3k_6EJBSqWpo

Stormfront was pretty burnt and lost arms and legs, but I was always afraid she would still come back.  This article confirms she won’t.  

And that makes me very happy.  I loathed everything about this character, but especially her voice.  She has a voice that Elaine Benes would describe as “flinty”.

• Love 6
On 3/24/2021 at 11:54 PM, blackwing said:

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-boys-star-aya-cash-confirms-shes-not-returning-for-season-3/?fbclid=IwAR3mZhHpdP3yT4KGA9W8F5zwFNSeiNg7jno3V-ou04Dqzjv3k_6EJBSqWpo

Stormfront was pretty burnt and lost arms and legs, but I was always afraid she would still come back.  This article confirms she won’t.  

And that makes me very happy.  I loathed everything about this character, but especially her voice.  She has a voice that Elaine Benes would describe as “flinty”.

If there is a season 4 she would have had time to regrow her limbs. Just saying. 

On 4/8/2021 at 6:10 PM, AnimeMania said:

The Boys: Jensen Ackles Shares His Haggard Soldier Boy Look

Jensen Ackles puts on his Soldier Boy face.

jensen-ackles-the-boys-quarantine.jpg?q=

Love that he's throwing himself into the role, but I'll be glad when the character is shaved again. LOL!

17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Cool!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I like it. Although I didn't expect so much green. 

I love it and I think the green is appropriate considering SB was a legit soldier. As someone who served in the army, green is the color. Though this looks much snazzier than the fatigues I had to wear. LOL!

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

I love it and I think the green is appropriate considering SB was a legit soldier. As someone who served in the army, green is the color. Though this looks much snazzier than the fatigues I had to wear. LOL!

Very true. I guess I was just expecting something more along the lines of Captain America. Especially once Vought got ahold of his costume.

Anyone else getting thrown by Dean Winchester cosplaying Green Arrow? 😂

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

‘The Boys’: Laurie Holden To Recur In Season 3 Of Amazon Series

MEGA345613_165.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

The Boys expands its Season 3 cast with the addition of The Americans and Proven Innocent actress Laurie Holden in a recurring role. Holden is known for her portrayal of Andrea Harrison in The Walking Dead. Her additional TV credits include The X-Files, The Shield, Major Crimes and The Magnificent Seven. She has act in a number of films including Firehart, Dragged Across Concrete, Arctic Dogs, The Mist, Dumb and Dumber To, Fantastic Four, Silent Hill and The Majestic.

Laurie Holden is cast as the Crimson Countess.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 2
On 6/25/2021 at 5:22 PM, AnimeMania said:

‘The Boys’: Laurie Holden To Recur In Season 3 Of Amazon Series

MEGA345613_165.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

The Boys expands its Season 3 cast with the addition of The Americans and Proven Innocent actress Laurie Holden in a recurring role. Holden is known for her portrayal of Andrea Harrison in The Walking Dead. Her additional TV credits include The X-Files, The Shield, Major Crimes and The Magnificent Seven. She has act in a number of films including Firehart, Dragged Across Concrete, Arctic Dogs, The Mist, Dumb and Dumber To, Fantastic Four, Silent Hill and The Majestic.

Laurie Holden is cast as the Crimson Countess.

Ugh. I couldn't stand her on TWD and was elated when she bit it (see what I did there?). Maybe her work in this role will change my mind.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, FierceCritter said:

Ugh. I couldn't stand her on TWD and was elated when she bit it (see what I did there?). Maybe her work in this role will change my mind.

I've seen Laurie Holden in a few things she's not a bad actress, she's also not a great actress. I'd say she's serviceable with the right script/directing. 

I liked Andrea but, recognize there were flaws with the character. Although to be honest I don't think the actress is to blame for the character hate. Most of what I saw in fandom comes from the writing not the acting. At least as far as I recall, that was a long time ago.

• Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've seen Laurie Holden in a few things she's not a bad actress, she's also not a great actress. I'd say she's serviceable with the right script/directing. 

I liked Andrea but, recognize there were flaws with the character. Although to be honest I don't think the actress is to blame for the character hate. Most of what I saw in fandom comes from the writing not the acting. At least as far as I recall, that was a long time ago.

I liked her in The Mist.  That's it.  She has a tendency to make the same face for many different reactions.  I've heard it referred to as "constipation face," and that pretty much sums it up.  

The character of Andrea was completely different from the comics, which I know a lot of fans didn't like.  I didn't have a problem with the change, just the actress.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, madmax said:

I liked her in The Mist. 

Yes and I also saw her in Major Crimes, she had a recurring role in one of the seasons (part of a backdoor pilot).  She played a cop and she was fine. She does have a limited acting range

• Love 2
2 hours ago, madmax said:

She has a tendency to make the same face for many different reactions.  I've heard it referred to as "constipation face," and that pretty much sums it up.  

LOL - that was pretty much it. The crossed arms, one leg extended, just short of angrily tapping that foot. And the weird angry walk with one shoulder dropping, then the other, etc.

I didn't mind at all that she wanted to be doing the same things as the men, and not beating dirty clothes on rocks. It was the petulant way the actress put that across that irritated me until I couldn't stand seeing her onscreen anymore.

• Love 4