Type keyword(s) to search

The Boys in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

I am so excited! I stopped watching Supernatural not long after Kripke left, and I miss me some Ackles. Great casting! 

I hope he keeps the beard. He's so great at non verbal acting, that face can tell a whole story.

I love how he chose to announce the gig.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I hope he keeps the beard. He's so great at non verbal acting, that face can tell a whole story.

I love how he chose to announce the gig.

I love the beard - I’m with you. And he says so much with, like, just one eyebrow, it’s crazy. He’s always a joy to watch. I’m so happy for him and excited for this. His announcement was freaking adorable - and I hope Kripke makes sure he fulfills his life’s mission of keeping Ackles employed, lol. 

(My sister once tried to watch Supernatural with me but said Ackles was so handsome she didn’t “hear the words.” 🤣)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Now we are getting into the Marvel like characters. Jensen is a great choice for the Boys version of Captain America. 

Show only viewer here,  so Homelander = Superman and Jensen's character = The Boys version of CA? Is he good or bad? Please spoiler tag the answer, thanks!

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Show only viewer here,  so Homelander = Superman and Jensen's character = The Boys version of CA? Is he good or bad? Please spoiler tag the answer, thanks!

The show changed Stormfront so I don't know what they plan for Solider Boy.

In the comics he's good, well as good as anyone is on the Boys. He's naive and kind of dumb. He's easily manipulated. He also screams out the names of US states when he fights.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2020 at 5:46 PM, DeeDee79 said:

Does anyone know if the short film ( 10-20 minutes I think ) about Butcher is being put on Amazon as well or is it only available for Twitter users?

Yeah people keep talking about extra scenes but I have no idea where to see any of them.  Maybe they should have a thread just for the extras and the aftershow with Aisha Taylor.

Edited by tessathereaper
50 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Yeah people keep talking about extra scenes but I have no idea where to see any of them.  Maybe they should have a thread just for the extras and the aftershow with Aisha Taylor.

I tried to find them on Amazon but there's only the episodes and the clips that they put out before the season started ☹️

1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

I tried to find them on Amazon but there's only the episodes and the clips that they put out before the season started ☹️

If you are watching on a computer and you PAUSE the episode, the words X-Ray appears on the screen. If you click on X-Ray, a menu appears with lots of choices   Scenes   In Scene   Bonus Content   Cast   Characters   Music   Trivia. These menus are context sensitive, so if you pause the video, it shows you the actors names that are currently on the screen. If you paused the video while The Deep's gills were singing it told you that Patton Oswald was the voice of The Gills. Other things that can be found in this section was that the singing was actually done by Starlight. The Deleted Scenes and the Scene Commentary can be found under the Bonus heading. This EXTRA Content is not something that was done just for The Boys, but can be found on most on the videos viewed on Amazon Prime, a very worthwhile feature.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

If you are watching on a computer and you PAUSE the episode, the words X-Ray appears on the screen. If you click on X-Ray, a menu appears with lots of choices   Scenes   In Scene   Bonus Content   Cast   Characters   Music   Trivia. These menus are context sensitive, so if you pause the video, it shows you the actors names that are currently on the screen. If you paused the video while The Deep's gills were singing it told you that Patton Oswald was the voice of The Gills. Other things that can be found in this section was that the singing was actually done by Starlight. The Deleted Scenes and the Scene Commentary can be found under the Bonus heading. This EXTRA Content is not something that was done just for The Boys, but can be found on most on the videos viewed on Amazon Prime, a very worthwhile feature.

I watch on a Firestick, not a computer.

8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I watch on my Prime Video app on my tv, not my computer. But thanks for the info!

On 9/14/2020 at 7:47 AM, DeeDee79 said:

I watch on my Prime Video app on my tv, not my computer. But thanks for the info!

I figured out there is X-Ray on the Prime thing too.  If you pause an episode down on the bottom of the screen are the words "X-Ray" and, at least if you a firestick, on the firestick remote there is a choice wheel, so you push the top of the wheel and it'll bring up the screen with the extra scenes.  There is probably a way to do it with the regular tv remote as well if you watch through the television with an app.  The main thing is to play the episode, pause it and look for the words X-Ray.

7 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I figured out there is X-Ray on the Prime thing too.  If you pause an episode down on the bottom of the screen are the words "X-Ray" and, at least if you a firestick, on the firestick remote there is a choice wheel, so you push the top of the wheel and it'll bring up the screen with the extra scenes.  There is probably a way to do it with the regular tv remote as well if you watch through the television with an app.  The main thing is to play the episode, pause it and look for the words X-Ray.

Cool, thanks! I’m going to give it a try.

‘The Boys’ Spinoff Put On Fast-Track Development At Amazon Following Mothership’s Record Season 2 Launch

Amazon’s superhero series The Boys is getting a spinoff set in superhero college.

The project, written by The Boys executive producer Craig Rosenberg, had been in the works for awhile. It is being fast-tracked in light of the success of the original series’ second season which marked the most-watched global launch of an Amazon Original series ever. The Boys’ first season already had set a high viewership mark for Amazon when it debuted in summer 2019. In its first two weeks, Season 2 has nearly doubled the Season 1 worldwide audience (+89%), drawing millions of new viewers each week.

Set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (and run by Vought International), the Untitled Boys Spinoff is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of The Boys.

I could see that being interesting and it's different enough from The Boys in terms of it's focus to not be canabalizing, they would be a different type of story in the same universe.  It's something that's only slightly touched on The Boys but which obviously exists in this universe.  I'm not sure if it's something I would personally be all that interested in but I think there's a place for that type of series and there are other people who might be interested in it.

• Love 1

Not sure if this is spoilery or not, I can't hear it where I am now.  There should be more threads on this board,  😄 There isn't a spoiler thread, there isn't a speculation thread, etc.  Vought's Superheroes promise to keep American safe from The Boys. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Great article! I've been searching for info on Jensen's character and I came across this one today. It's mostly about the current season but there's a blurb in there about Soldier Boy: https://variety.com/2020/tv/features/boys-season-2-finale-eric-kripke-jensen-ackles-homelander-stormfront-showdown-1234780075/

• Love 1
On 10/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, DeeDee79 said:

Great article! I've been searching for info on Jensen's character and I came across this one today. It's mostly about the current season but there's a blurb in there about Soldier Boy: https://variety.com/2020/tv/features/boys-season-2-finale-eric-kripke-jensen-ackles-homelander-stormfront-showdown-1234780075/

Great articles.  I'm really excited for next season after how this one ended and definitely looking forward to Jensen as Soldier Boy.  Also I forgot to mention when I posted the video I love how all the actors are wearing T-shirts with their characters names on them. LOL (And Chace drinking Fresca LOL I didn't even know Fresca was still around until this show, I wonder if their sales have gone up?)

I wonder when they will give us more info on that other new character, Starlight's ex-boyfriend who is supposed to be joining?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

I wonder when they will give us more info on that other new character, Starlight's ex-boyfriend who is supposed to be joining?

Oh, I remember reading about that. Isn't he supposed to create tension between Hughie and Starlight?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Oh, I remember reading about that. Isn't he supposed to create tension between Hughie and Starlight?

Supposedly. I'm not actually crazy about the idea because I don't like love triangles but I'll trust the show until it happens to see what they do with it.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 3

Entertainment Weekly has another article with some more info about the upcoming season as well as confirming an early 2021 start for the filming.

Confirmation that Season 3 starts filming in early 2021

While COVID-19 has delayed many production schedules, including Amazon's satirical superhero series, showrunner Eric Kripke has announced The Boys season 3 will start filming in "early 2021." This was something the team was hoping for, as Kripke told EW for the season 2 cover story, but now it's official.

Also an interview with Jensen Ackles with Glamour, most about the end of Supernatural but there is a little bit about The Boys and starting to prepare for taking on the role of Soldier Boy.

Glamour interview with Jensen Ackles - a couple of questions about new role in The Boys.

They're in the midst right now of building my costume for The Boys[....]I think it's six fittings and they're each like three- to four-hour fittings. They're literally molding things to my body, so it's intense.

• Love 3
On 10/15/2020 at 12:40 AM, tessathereaper said:

Entertainment Weekly has another article with some more info about the upcoming season as well as confirming an early 2021 start for the filming.

Confirmation that Season 3 starts filming in early 2021

Also an interview with Jensen Ackles with Glamour, most about the end of Supernatural but there is a little bit about The Boys and starting to prepare for taking on the role of Soldier Boy.

Glamour interview with Jensen Ackles - a couple of questions about new role in The Boys.

Where do they film? LA?

#1: Love it

#2: don't want to see it

#3: haven't got around to seeing it

#4: don't want to see it

#5: can't see it (I'm not paying for Disney and I have no particular interest in the universe)

#6: haven't got around to seeing it, not sure I will

#7: Love it the most

#8: Haven't seen it

#9: Have seen parts of it. It's terrible.

#10: will eventually see this season

The Boys EP Eric Kripke on Season 3 Worry; "C*ntdown" Shows Some Love

The third season of The Boys is expected to start production in February.

Though it's still a little early in the planning process, here is what Kripke said about the spinoff they plan on making.

Set at America's only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (run by Vought International), the series is described as an irreverent, R-rated exploration of the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities.

As for the concept of the series (which strikes us as a cross between medical school students finding out where their residencies and college athletes getting drafted to pro teams), Kripke was able to elaborate on the different "supes perspective" viewers will have. 'It's a Vought-owned college where young kids with powers are trained as to how to be proper superheroes, all leading to an NBA-style draft at the end of the year. It's sort of like a college sports show meets Fame, because they also have to go to acting classes and marketing classes. It's going to be a very character-driven, hopefully incredibly realistic, college show," he explained.

• Love 1

The Boys Season 3 Starts Filming Within a Month, Says Antony Starr

The Boys is filmed in Toronto. Antony Starr stated that while he doesn't have an exact date for when the production on season 3 will begin, he knows that it will happen very soon, probably within a month. Starr hopes to fly to Toronto very soon. He will then have to quarantine for two weeks before he can start shooting for season 3.There is freezing weather currently in Toronto, it limits us to interiors, initially.. Starr also promised that the upcoming season was going to be the most action-packed one yet. Though he is yet to start filming, Starr has already read several scripts for the forthcoming season and they have him very excited.

• Useful 1

https://www.ign.com/articles/critics-choice-super-awards-winners-the-boys-the-mandalorian-and-more

The boys took 4 awards. 

Antony was best actor in a super hero series and best villain

Aya Cash took best actress

The Boys took best super hero series.

Its a long shot but I would love to see this show get the Golden Globe.

It has the writing, the acting, the directing and editing, but sadly genre stuff is still looked down on. 

• Useful 2

The Boys Star Suspects VFX Team to Create Crowds in Season 3

The just of the article is about how they can fake large crowd scenes since it had been done in previous episodes. Looking for some definitive news about when shooting for season 3 would start, here are the latest predictions from the article.

"Since it's known that Season 3's filming is expected to begin in February and end in August, it's likely Season 3 will premiere on Amazon Prime sometime in late 2022, pending any delays from COVID-19."

• Love 2