Type keyword(s) to search

The Boys in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

On 6/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, madmax said:

I liked her in The Mist.  That's it.  She has a tendency to make the same face for many different reactions.  I've heard it referred to as "constipation face," and that pretty much sums it up.  

The character of Andrea was completely different from the comics, which I know a lot of fans didn't like.  I didn't have a problem with the change, just the actress.

I also couldn't stand her on TWD and this is what I remember - the Kristen Stewart in Twilight School of Acting. I think it was a combination of the acting and writing though. That's all I've seen her on.

• Love 2

Amazon Studios is holding the Seven Super Days Event to celebrate the five Emmy nominations the show has received. The Boys are planning a number of events in and around Los Angeles from Aug. 13th to Aug. 19th. This includes complimentary sandwiches by Chef Ludo Lefebvre, "Compound V" inspired cocktails, a "The Boys" inspired ice cream truck, as well as Superhero workout classes at Barry's Gym. All events are free and open to the public. A list of locations and times are available at this website.

THE-BOYS-SUPERDAYS-MAP.jpg?q=50&fit=crop

• Love 4

Jensen Ackles did a panel and talked about The Boys. Said producers and writers hazed him by having him "in all his glory day one." aka naked. He said streamers you can get away with anything and everything. 

Also on the superhero sex party set said people looked traumatized and you can't unsee it - sex toys and lube everywhere. Sometimes people would get confused between the lube and the hand sanitizer. 

• LOL 6

Someone hurt or killed on my set is my worst nightmare. Sending love to Halyna Hutchins' family, @JensenAckles, cast & crew of "Rust." I'm so sorry. In her memory, a simple, easy pledge: no more guns with blanks on any of my sets ever. We'll use VFX muzzle flashes. Who's with me?

— Eric Kripke (@therealKripke) October 22, 2021

Good for Eric!  Although I'm confused as to why he mentions Jensen.

• Love 1

The Boys are not going to allow Disney steal the spotlight.

‘The Boys’ Animated Spin-Off Series ‘Diabolical’ Announced by Amazon Prime Video

Diabolical-Title-Announce-Still.jpg?w=68

Producers Eric Kripke, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have asked a few of their celebrity friends (Awkwafina, Garth Ennis, Eliot and Ilana Glazer, Simon Racioppa, Justin Roiland and Ben Bayouth, Andy Samberg and Aisha Tyler) to come up with eight deliciously unique, twisted, animated episodes set in the world of "The Boys" to air sometime next year on Prime Video.

• Love 2

Today is the 7th day of the month so it is time for Seven on 7 with Cameron Coleman (January 2022 Edition)

If that wasn't exciting enough, here is The Boys - Season 3 First Look

And don't forgot to watch The Boys - Season 3 when it airs on Amazon Prime Video on June 3, 2022.

• Love 1

Something is going down at Amazon Prime Video on Tuesday, January 18 involving The Boys "Diabolical" adult animated series. Information is vague at the moment, but it might involve airing some of the episodes of this soon to be released 8 episode animated TV Series to the public for "Free", not requiring an Amazon Prime Video subscription to watch.

This is part of the Amazon Prime Video Fanimation Week from January 17 to 22.  Amazon is dropping the paywall for some of it's adult animated shows. Here is the current schedule (Information I added is in parenthesis and might be wrong): 

1/17 - Anime Monday: A day dedicated to highlighting all of the amazing Anime titles available on Prime Video, including the critically-acclaimed Evangelion Rebuild series.  (I believe Evangelion 3.33 and Evangelion 3.0+1.0  and several other anime titles can be viewed for free starting from January 17 to the end of February).

1/18 - Diabolical Tuesday: It’s time to get f*cking Diabolical with Prime Video’s animated anthology series, The Boys Presents: Diabolical, set in the world of The Boys. (Possibly can watch several episodes for free this day before the official premiere of the series.)

b7baa8a375b1de171083215b09023a374e43bb2d

1/19 - Fairfax Wednesday Drop: Get ready for the DROP! Let’s get hypebeast-y with Prime Video’s latest entry into its Adult Animation lineup.

1/20 - Vox Machnica Thursday: Fans have made this the most successful Kickstarter campaign of all time, let’s blow it all out for them and this amazing cast.  (Possibly can watch several episodes for free this day before the official premiere of the series.)

1/21 - Undone Friday: A behind the scenes of one of Prime Video’s most visually stunning shows.

1/22 - Invincible Saturday Season 1 Rewatch-a-thon: Let’s end the weekend on a high note with a rewatch of Prime Video’s most talked about animated series of 2021. (Possibly can watch the entire series for free this day.}

• Love 1

Amazon is very vague and totally screwing this up, but I think this is what you have to do to see whatever it is they are showing relating to The Boys "Diabolical" adult animated series. From the vagueness of the flyer I am guessing that two episodes will be made available for viewing today. 

Continuously monitor #FanimationWeek and #FANologyPV on Twitter or the Instagram equivalent.

At some point someone on there will give you a time when they will have a watch party.

Go to the Prime Video/Twitch Watch Parties section of Twitch at the appointed time and select the appropriate streamer.

To view what the streamer is watching you will also have to have an Amazon Prime Video account that requires you to "Log In" before being allowed access. I don't think you have any control over the video so make sure that you can view the content without stopping or distraction.

FJZX3obVgAUYGDY?format=jpg&name=medium

• Love 1

The Boys Presents: Diabolical   adult animated series    all 8 episodes released March 4         Prime Video  

The episodes run 12-14 minutes and each one has it's own animation style.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1