The Boys in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

No, they do have supporting role nominations: 

Best Supporting Actress in a Streaming Series:
        Patricia Arquette   (Severance)
         Danielle Brooks (Peacemaker)
 Jess Bush  (Star Trek: Strange New Worlds)
            Nell Tiger Free   (Servant)
         Kathryn Hahn   (WandaVision)
      Moses Ingram   (Obi-Wan Kenobi)
 Aleyse Shannon   (Leverage: Redemption)

Oops, thx. I didn't scroll far enough lol. Same as the guest role, they don't separate by gender. 

I love JDM, but somehow I just can't picture him as a Vought-style supe. I can see the d-bag side, but not the smarmy camera-ready side. I wonder if he will be a Vought baddie, or a government baddie (with Victoria becoming Vice President and all).

Edited by gonzosgirrl
because can and can't are not the same
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love JDM, but somehow I just can't picture him as a Vought-style supe. I can see the d-bag side, but not the smarmy camera-ready side. I wonder if he will be a Vought baddie, or a government baddie (with Victoria becoming Vice President and all).

It would be interesting if JDM was cast as SB's father shown in flashback but I'm thinking that would be too on the nose after SPN with the bad father theme. I wonder if he'll have a connection to Neuman since she's the next big bad after they dropped the ball on Homelander. Or maybe Stan since he has to come back into play at some point.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

They have already been writing S4 for a while now, so I imagine that the writers' room was in a bit of a scramble to fit whoever this character is in once JDM's ability to participate was confirmed. I think him being related to Soldier Boy is a little too on the nose, even for Kripke.

• Like 1

I hope he's not related to SB.

If they didn't know JDM would be available, would the artists behind making the supe suits have enough time to make a suit for JDM if he was one of Vought's supes? It seemed like Jensen had to go back and forth with them many times over 3 months or so for the SB suit.

11 hours ago, MAK said:

Maybe JDM is the next big bad, one of the "super villains" created by Homelander. 

Or on a totally flip side, maybe a higher up suit from Vought?

He's actually played a spy/agent in a couple of movies Rampage and, Losers come to mind.  I could totally see him as CIA or someone in Mallory's position.

He looks good in a suit 😁

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Today in headlines that made me chuckle: ‘The Boys’ Creator Eric Kripke Tells Toxic Fans to Stop Watching the Show: ‘Eat a Bag of Dicks’ and ‘F— Off to the Sun’

Hi trolls! One, this is literally the opposite of the show's fucking message. Two, you're causing pain to real people with real feelings. Be kind. If you can't be kind, then eat a bag of dicks, fuck off to the sun & don't watch #TheBoys, we don't want you.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Today in headlines that made me chuckle: ‘The Boys’ Creator Eric Kripke Tells Toxic Fans to Stop Watching the Show: ‘Eat a Bag of Dicks’ and ‘F— Off to the Sun’

Hi trolls! One, this is literally the opposite of the show's fucking message. Two, you're causing pain to real people with real feelings. Be kind. If you can't be kind, then eat a bag of dicks, fuck off to the sun & don't watch #TheBoys, we don't want you.

This is amazing.  I love this show and the people who make it.  Thank you for posting this.

• Like 3
On 9/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, AnimeMania said:

I didn't find it very funny   Season 3 Gag Reel

Yeah, I’ve found that the only gag reels that are really funny were The Drew Carey Show, Family Ties, and Supernatural.

Granted I don’t watch a ton of tv.

• Love 2

Antony & Jack were nominated for Best Actor for a Hollywood Critics Award, Erin & Karen for Best Actress, and Jensen for est Supporting Actor.

However, none of the cast were final nominees for an Emmy.  Which is downright criminal in Antony's case.  There are three actors from one show, yet they couldn't spare a slot for our despised (or beloved) antagonist?

• Like 3