Type keyword(s) to search

Welcome To The Barge! Life Away from TFGH

• Start Topic

Would one kind soul who visits here from the main thread mind letting me know how Silas was killed off today?  You may want to keep in mind that I can only stay awake for about one sentence on the man; so If there's a second, I .....   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We saw Denise, Morgan, Franco, and Nina yell about being mad at Silas, then Franco gets to his apartment and finds Nina kneeling with a bloody knife in her hand over an already dead Silas.

Which of course means Nina didn't do it.

We saw Denise, Morgan, Franco, and Nina yell about being mad at Silas, then Franco gets to his apartment and finds Nina kneeling with a bloody knife in her hand over an already dead Silas.

Which of course means Nina didn't do it.

I haven't watched in over a week. I didn't realize that Ron didn't show the murder. Theven above scenario probably hadn't decided who killed Silas yet. We would have found out via flashbacks during spring 2016 sweeps.

• Love 1

Silas is dead?  Noooooooooo.  I have had a crush on ME since he was Tanner on DooL.  Does this mean -- oh, pretty please -- that since Nina's reason for coming to the show is now dead, MS can now exit stage left with Franco by her side so they can live happily ever after off the screen?

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 2

On the abc.com sneak peeks, there's Nina crouching on the ground to his dead body, apologizing, and saying thanks for all he's done for her. It's probably the only scene I've liked MSt in.

Silas was stabbed in the back. Like how I expect Sonny to go out.

I'm still dragging myself to watch the week. Had to you tube Silas's death because I like ME. Thus far, Laura is now in the "I know who Jason is club. Kiki is about to go see some friiieeeenndds in the Hamptons, Morgan and Dillion flirted at the Floating Rib, Madeline and Maxie hate each other, Ric planted Avery's blanket in the Crazy Suite of Crazy, Nathan found it and thinks his siater is crazy, Valerie keeps wandering PC thinking about banging Dante, Luke left town and passec his asshole crown to Sonny (so it's like on Super Mario where Mario eats the mushroom and gets bigger), Lulu is trying to get over HER COUSIN kissing HER HUSBAND, Luke gave Lulu a letter addressed to "Angel".

And tbat was Monday. (I got a super cool new job, so I'll recap the rest tonight.)

• Love 2

On the abc.com sneak peeks, there's Nina crouching on the ground to his dead body, apologizing, and saying thanks for all he's done for her. It's probably the only scene I've liked MSt in.

Silas was stabbed in the back. Like how I expect Sonny to go out.

I'm still dragging myself to watch the week. Had to you tube Silas's death because I like ME. Thus far, Laura is now in the "I know who Jason is club. Kiki is about to go see some friiieeeenndds in the Hamptons, Morgan and Dillion flirted at the Floating Rib, Madeline and Maxie hate each other, Ric planted Avery's blanket in the Crazy Suite of Crazy, Nathan found it and thinks his siater is crazy, Valerie keeps wandering PC thinking about banging Dante, Luke left town and passec his asshole crown to Sonny (so it's like on Super Mario where Mario eats the mushroom and gets bigger), Lulu is trying to get over HER COUSIN kissing HER HUSBAND, Luke gave Lulu a letter addressed to "Angel".

And tbat was Monday. (I got a super cool new job, so I'll recap the rest tonight.)

Congrats on the super cool new job!  So glad to see another friend who likes ME.  ;)  Every day we inch closer to the event that will make me watch again -- Jake knows he's Jason.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I even resisted the temptation to see LW play a character other than Carly -- Luke's mom in the way-back-when machine.  Thank you for all that you do for us quote/unquote permanent residents out here.  ;););)

• Love 1

Here's my lateat from the weekly GH-ATHON.

Silas McBain is dead. Imaginative recap Silas and Ghost Silas are the best. I love ME and I demand McBain back.

Clearly, Morgan or Ava killed Silas. Bastards.

Not Really Jason proposed to Liz because she's the most understanding lady ever. Liz ran to God and vegged for a sign. Sam walks in, talking about her heartache because all the men she loves die or are boring. Or being held captive by nurses! So, guilt ridden Liz is all "well yolo getting married!" (And I yelled at the tv. )

Nik invites Hayden into his Haus De Myatery. Nah, he wants nothing in return. ....but her life! He's fucking Labrynth now. And Spencer is gonna suck her soul as she sleeps.

Val and Dillion are a thing. It's weird, but eh chemistry.

Jordan is annoying now. Clearly, she's headed for the Corinthos Bed.

Morgan nevwr denies killing Silas.

Ava was at the crime acene and blackmails Bob Franco. Scotty is repping Franco.

Pateick btw is still stupid. Juat if you were wondering.

TWO EPISODEA LEFT!!!!

A little birdie passed along this.  Said it was a direct quote from Frank Valentini:

"Oh they say they will stop watching but they never do."

So I thought a fun idea would be to do roll call.  Shout out if you've been on the barge lately.  Feel free to add how long you've been here and why.

I'll start:

I'm [screen name] Francie, [/screen name] and I've been nearly full-time on the barge since early June.  I did catch a few minutes of Luke's receiving line of goodbyes.

The 7 reasons why I'm on the barge are:  1) Franco; 2) Nina; 3) Ava; 4) Julexis; 5) Kiki; 6) Carly; and 7) bad guys always win; good guys are always vilified.

• Love 1

I'm mostly a lurker, have been watching only sporadically since about 2008 (and I was almost completely on the Barge from about 2001 until Robin's return in 2005).

I haven't watched one episode since about April ... or whenever they had the black and white episode when Fluke was finally explained.

Reasons:

-- Evil wins over good on this show now ... and then they try to make us be ok with that! It used to be just a problem with Sonny, Jason, Carly. Now it's ALSO Franco, Dr O, Faison, Helena, Nina, Julian, Ava, etc. It's insane.

-- They fucked with one of my all-time fave tv characters (Anna). No Bueno.

-- The Robin thing is completely appalling.

-- Stupid, convoluted, ugly, unpleasant stories from this regime.

ETA: if by "watching" Frank means following this forum to see if the show magically stops sucking, whilst mocking it mercilessly and finding 80s episodes online? Sure, yep, totally "watching"...

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5
A little birdie passed along this.  Said it was a direct quote from Frank Valentini:

"Oh they say they will stop watching but they never do."

Keep thinking that, Frankie! Soon that thinking will have you unemployed. Again. Oooh, look! A silver lining.

What an arrogant ass. I do have to wonder what is going through his head as the ratings reach new lows for week after week after week...

• Love 1

I think he is thinking people must be watching to keep criticizing the show. Except that you can kind of "follow along" through forums and blogs. And since the descriptions and spoilers are so grim, people will complain and still not watch ... or watch very rarely

• Love 1

Hi, I'm Tiger and I've been on the barge part time since late May and full time the past week.

I've stopped watching because of Franco, Nina, Sonny, Carly, the never-ending misogyny, the bad guys always winning, the piss-poor plotting, terrible acting, ridiculous dialogue, the characters I watched for have either been completely marginalized and/or gutted, an endless parade of characters have been wrecked to prop Jason, and biggest of all a wife, mother, HIV survivor, and doctor that I basically grew up with as she was only a bit older than me when I started watching in '92 has been passed around from villain to villain in a never-ending and increasingly ridiculous "story" and her husband, mother, daughter, friends, anyone seems to give a damn.

Sonny murders a man in cold-blood and is rewarded, yet Robin had everything taken from her for the "crime" of first being Anna's dAughter, and then trying to save a friend. It is sick.

• Love 4

Hello I'm Sunflower and have been on the Barge since I knew Michael was going to return Avery to Sonny.  I have been furious since they killed AJ, I wanted to believe it would only be attempted murder.  Since OLTL was cancelled this was the only soap left that I watch.  It's been problem city for years ever since, for me, Sonny/Carly/Jason took over the show.  There are moments, but they ruined their best recent moment of Michael turning his back on the toxic assholes he calls parents.  They never should have had Michael go after the kid, he should've went after the money, the power and left Sonny/Carly shivering on some fucked up street corner.  I could go on and on and on and fucking on. But, I'll stop now.  Nice to enter the official barge.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 4

Hi, I'm MSquared and  I've been on the Barge since, oh, mid-March.  Funny enough, I got a job that was finally perfect for watching GH (not to mention three weeks on illness and a week in the hospital) and it was then that I threw up my hands about the show.  The reasons?  Franco, Nina, Sonny,Franco, Carly, Michael turning back back to the dark side, Luke's general shit story/performance, Franco and my general enjoyment of the schadenfreude of what Frank is getting.

• Love 1

Hi, I'm 33kaitykaity, and I've been on the Barge since Jakeson was in the hospital and had his memories/dream of being Jason, then he woke up and the memories were gone.  I'd had enough and decided I was on the Barge until Jake was finally Jason, period, end of story.  I swam back for a nanosecond when Slizabitch found out he was Jason and stood up at the Nurse's Ball and I thought okay, good, I can come back.  Nope, Slizabitch strikes again and I had to swim right back out.  

• Love 1

Hiya.  LexieBNYC here.  Been a longtime lurker who finally mustered up the cojones to post. I read the GH boards every day and you all are amazing. I've been on and off the barge for the last five years or so and have started paying a mortgage for my state room since they killed AJ.  That's what finally did me in.  That single act of stupidity got me to turn off the show for good.  I tuned back in briefly to watch Michael Quartermaine become a thing knowing eventually the tides would lead him back to the worst parents on TV.  S (I refuse to type his name) and Carly make the Lannisters on GOT look functional and normal. 

Other things that destroyed my GH fandom:  Robin being relegated to an afterthought when she should be FRONT AND CENTER all the time as the deserving legacy character she is. What they've done to her is inexcusable. Michelle Stafford eating yet another show (maybe I can't get past that she's a Scientologist) and dragging my beloved Roger Howarth down with her.  Speaking of, did Frank and Ron even bother to remember that Franco was created as a grad student thesis project by James Franco?  Carly neglecting her daughter constantly.  The Jeromes.  Has Julian ever mentioned his deceased sister Olivia?  Or did they retcon that?  The horrible acting by pretty much all of the  twentysomething cast.  The neverending violence either with guns or threats.  Don't we have enough of that in the real world?  I could go on...thanks for reading.

• Love 5
Hiya.  LexieBNYC here.  Been a longtime lurker who finally mustered up the cojones to post.

Welcome, the first post is always the hardest! 

Has Julian ever mentioned his deceased sister Olivia?

Nope.  Not one peep.  No mention that she, too, was a blonde who ran an art gallery.

But Ron made a stupid joke on twitter in which he deliberately confused Olivia Jerome with Lisa LoCicero's Olivia.

I've been an off and on viewer for over 20 years.  While I was off I still read TWOP and that is when I read about AJ coming back.   I started DVRing the show and when they decided to kill AJ I became a semi viewer.  The show was still being DVRed but I would watch like a total of 2 minutes of an episode.  I only watched to see Michael's reaction to the truth.  Now that is over and Sonny is back to being the nauseatingly over propped character that he was I purchased a room on the barge.  The show is finally off my DVR.  When I didn't watch before I was indifferent for the most part.  Now I'm just angry.  What they have done with AJ and watching Sonny be the hero of this show with zero consequences has just completely turned me off.   I can't watch it anymore.   I'm addicted to the boards so I will continue to follow what's going on.    There's far too much entertainment value reading here.

If I ever read MB is leaving - that might make me watch again.  But as far as I'm concerned the show has no hope of getting even a little bit better as long as he's the lead.

• Love 8

I'm Evolution101, and I've been on the barge since March or whenever Sonny was pardoned for murder.  I'm staying on the barge because of the following:

• The likes of Sonny, Carly, Franco, and Nina eating the show
  • Too many newbies front and center
  • Characters not showing up in stories where they're needed (paging Monica Quartermaine...)
  • Stupid, nonsensical storylines
  • Not addressing Robin being held in captivity essentially for 3 years
  • Waiting for a payoff to a storyline that doesn't come (and if it does, it becomes undone in less than a year)

Plus some others that I'm probably forgetting.  And I see nothing on the horizon that will get me to leave.

• Love 1

I'm testardo. Hard head. is what it means I have been on the barge since Billy W's AJ was killed and almost by his son. Plus Sonny having a shootout with the PCPD keystone cops did it. The judge said they pushed him into it. I shut it off and returned to see JJ. I returned to see Robins return and Anna's Roberts . heard frankenRon were not so mob centric so I watched. now its worse, more mobs long time favorites demonized and Jason was dead so I stayed around. Now I don't watch at all. Sonny killed AJ in cold blood, he is a hero. ? You guys keep me from wasting my time. Plus you are much more entertaining than this mess. By the way Frank is wrong. All the people I know personally that use to watch the show don't care and never peek.. Love the barge have been on it more than off. The rating are down again.

• Love 1

Jacob here... was on the barge from about 2005 - 2012 - whenever FrankenRon took over - would watch a half an episode every six months to a year just to see if the Sonny/Carly/Jason show would ever end. I had hope when the new team started and, for awhile, I was really supportive because I was enjoying the show as much as I had in the 90s (even though it was a different vibe). Started to really lose interest after AJ was killed but stayed with the show - and was hopeful when Michael started to get revengey on Sonny and the day Michael said "I think I'll call her AJ" was one of this shows finest moments. Even though the Fluke crap and the drugging Michael stuff, I stuck with the show... but the day that Michael gave AJ back to Sonny was the day that I was done. I watched a few days in mid July because I like Jonathan Jackson - and I'm glad that I did - the Lucky/Luke stuff was really dynamite. But then they ruined years worth of stories by retconning Jake back on to the canvas and I literally threw my hands up in the air saying "I can't take this anymore".

I suppose that I'll try the show out when the new team's work starts airing but given the recent news that they are going to have even more Sonny and even more mob.... I doubt that I'll stay for long. And that's just damn depressing. I kind of wish the show would just get cancelled before what little is left of our beloved characters get wrecked even further.

• Love 2

I'm admiralrodcocker and I've been on the barge for about a month now, though my viewing was becoming sporadic even before then. I don't think I've watched regularly since at least the nurses' ball. I cannot stand Nina, Franco, Kiki, Nathan, Valerie, Sonny, Morgan, Julian, Madeline, Jakeson, etc. They have driven me away from this show. There are no rootable couples, friendships, or familial relationships. I have never before watched a soap devoid of romance as much as this one is. Even at many soaps' lowest moments, they still had some decent couples intact even if the rest of the show was shit.

These characters on GH flounder around dictated solely by the plot. They have no character of their own and I couldn't tell you a thing about what motivates Ron's creations. Actual GH characters are shells of their former selves; half of them have no POV, the other half have had their personalities and what made them interesting sucked right out of them. The dialogue is for shit. We just lost Kate Hall, the only decent staff writer that they had. Scott Sickles should be fired on the spot. Most of the actors suck. The men are worse than the women as many of the younger men were only hired for their bland looks and pecks. I'd rather have average looking men who can act and carry romantic drama.

None of these stories have payoff. None of the characters react to situations like normal human beings. There's not one character driven story happening. If they actually bothered to attempt a character story, the plot lines practically write themselves and it may bring some emotion out of some obviously bored and frustrated actors. Are monkeys writing the show? You'd think a team of human writers could at least take a little bit from within and put it on the damn page.

I have no faith in the new writers, though I am glad that Ron is gone. Unless they fire, or severely back burn several characters, my enthusiasm for show will never return. I just don't care about anyone. Even reading the thread about the show is a fucking bore because it's Nina, Nina, Franco, Sonny, Franco, Nina, Kiki, Ava, every other word because that's all this crappy regime has given us.

Edited by admiralrodcocker
  • Love 6

I'm always considering the barge because I hate giving this show viewership until Robin is given a proper, HAPPY ending, but then I wouldn't be able to mock stories and characters, so it's hard.

It's really not that hard. I've been doing it for years.

• Love 4

Welcome, the first post is always the hardest!

Nope. Not one peep. No mention that she, too, was a blonde who ran an art gallery.

But Ron made a stupid joke on twitter in which he deliberately confused Olivia Jerome with Lisa LoCicero's Olivia.

He did mention he killed her. I forget if there were other references.

I'm always considering the barge because I hate giving this show viewership until Robin is given a proper, HAPPY ending, but then I wouldn't be able to mock stories and characters, so it's hard.

It's really not that hard. I've been doing it for years.

You can do it! I have faith in you! ;)

Trust us, it's actually pretty easy!  Plus, it can cut your dubbel zout black out rages by anywhere from 30 to 70%. 

He did mention he killed her. I forget if there were other references.

My bad! I did watch Julian in the beginning, when he was brought on as a true villain, and I must have completely forgotten that!  I can't think of a time they've mentioned it when Duke and Anna were bemoaning her miscarriage, which Olivia Jerome caused and with which Julian had nothing to do. 

Think of your health!

Oh sigh. I'm on the barge because of the following :

- AJ. AJ Quartermaine. That shit gives me rage blackouts, especially since Sonny, Jason, Ava are alive

- They manage to get Billy Miller and Roger Howarth and use them like shit

- Killing off Micheal Easton, while Kiki is there.... because General Hospital doesn't need doctors. Just bratty, jobless adults, annoying kids, and the mob.

- Robin

- Grey paint

- Crap music

- The real life story of Adnan Sayed is more interesting.

• Love 2

Does anyone else miss watching the show?

No, not the shitty mess the show is now, but the show it use to be? I remember racing home from school, praying that the vcr had worked right on the days I had stuff after school. And I miss as recently as the fall of 2013 racing home after work to see what happened on "GH: Espionage". Beck, even the "GH: Da Bidniss" episodes were good then.

I miss Robin, Mac, Felicia, Alan, Monica, Laura, Luke, Lucky, Lucy, Brenda, Jax, AJ, and yes even 90's Sonny and 90's and early 00's Carly, and so many others.

Heh, I even the Patrick that existed from 2005 to 2012. For a while there Patrick was my favorite character and for a while there I only watched for Scrubs. Why TPTB annihilated two very popular characters and their extremely popular pairing I will never understand. Actors in a popular pairing in daytime and primetime leave all the time, yet I've never seen the remaining character gutted, the off-screen character trashed, and the pairing ruined as what happened with Patrick, Robin, and Scrubs.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I miss having a soap to watch daily. I can't escape with this GH.

That's what makes me most angry. Soaps had been part of my life since literally the beginning (my mother was obsessed with the CBS shows and my grandmother the NBC line-up). I bought my first VCR in 1983, $784 (on a small-town reporter's salary), using $20 blank tapes, to watch GH. I was a committed fan of soaps for most of my life.

No-talent hacks ruined an entire genre, and I am irrational in my hatred.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3

I hate coming home from work and seeing All My Sonny is So Great. He literally has no foil. His children, spread throughout the land, have no foils. He always wins. He's always right. After spending a day at work where I mess up or have bad days (and I lije my job, but let's be real), I don't want to come home to Mobster Knows Best. There's no fantasy element, no romance element. I remember Todd and Blair, Bo and Hope, John and Marlena, Luke and Laura.

• Love 3
Heh, I even (miss) the Patrick that existed from 2005 to 2012. For a while there Patrick was my favorite character and for a while there I only watched for Scrubs. Why TPTB annihilated two very popular characters and their extremely popular pairing I will never understand. Actors in a popular pairing in daytime and primetime leave all the time, yet I've never seen the remaining character gutted, the off-screen character trashed, and the pairing ruined as what happened with Patrick, Robin, and Scrubs.

I agree but that shouldn't be a shock to anyone who reads my fanfic in the thread here on the site. I have come up with several scenarios to end this BS and rescue one of the better pairings this show has had but TPTB seemed content to ruin Scrubs, Robin, Patrick and Anna.

I have even started one that I will post after the current story I am writing is done that picks up with the story right after Anna came back and told Patrick that a housekeeper told her Robin was at a medical conference in China. After my head exploded from the pure stupidity of the whole story (Anna would believe some stranger regarding her daughter's whereabouts - no fucking way), I started yet another story to try and salvage the characters.

Of course I am working on this story in between glasses of bourbon and tequila shots on the Scorpio deck so it may take a little while to finish lol.

• Love 2

Hi I'm slayer2 I've been on the barge since I heard they were going to kill of AJ again. Didn't even make it through his coma or death, started having the same ragey blackouts that Grrpants did and I turned that shit off. I've been in Mary Mae's Parlour of Peace ever since. Speaking of, MsChicklet  or anyone else, have you a link to our beautiful barge? I should probably explore some other rooms now that the meditation has taken effect.

• Love 1

The only good thing you missed was when Bob Baldwin told Carly she was a shitty mom, then showed Michael video of Sonny admitting he "shot that bastard" AJ to Carly. Michael then proceeded to flip his shit and told Carly he was done with her and Sonny. AJ loved him. AJ treated him like an adult. I believe it's Halloween wedding 2014 on you tube. Michael then finds Sonny and says "I'm not your son." He wants to shoot him, but then stops. Sonny is all "I love you" but Michael is like shut up. Michael moves into Q mansion and changes his name to Michael Alan Quartermaine.

But recently, the Sonny asskissing resumed because you know, Sonny!

I don't miss the current show but I do miss what i think of as the real GH.

I miss the multi generational , multifamily show. I miss the tertiary characters that added fabric to the town and stories. I miss good guys and true gray characters with the temporary black hat with a short life span. I miss relationships (friends, family and lovers) that are built and shown.

I truly miss seeing stories vs being told. I hate this new one line shit they do. It's a freaking soap! You have 5 hours a week! Cut out a flashback to earlier in the show or the day before.

I miss Robin, Mac, Georgie, RF!S, the Q's, Lucky, having a job Maxie, Taggart, the hospital, etc. Hell I even miss Kelly and Lainey.

I miss stories that have a beginning, middle and end. I miss sets with colors other than gray, whit or red. I miss people living in homes/apartments vs a hotel. Why build a brownstone set and not use it?

I'm not her for Sonny, Sonny, mob, Jason, Sonny, Sonny's spawn, Jason, mob, Sonny, Sonny's exes, with a side of Green Lee, Neens, Franco and Keeks.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 8

yet I've never seen the remaining character gutted, the off-screen character trashed, and the pairing ruined as what happened with Patrick, Robin, and Scrubs.

I still can't believe that Robin was made to be a captive AGAIN just so the show didn't have to come up with a reason Scrubs would divorce after she came back from the "dead."

Because that IS the reason Ron went in that direction. He didn't think it was realistic that they would just get a divorce. And then wanted to give Patrick another love interest.

You know, 'cause it's completely realistic that Patrick would completely feel nothing for Robin and have no reason to contact her or question her absence in the span of OVER A YEAR.

• Love 4

Ok, hearing about today's show and seeing Frank's and SoapsInDepth's tweets might finally bring me out to the barge and away from this show and forum permanently. Just the idea of Frank's twitter lackey promoting the idea of Julian getting the best of Anna kinda makes me physically sick. 

I get this is a very "goodbye cruel world. Did you hear me? I said goodbye!" type of message. But I'm legitimately bummed. Not that I'm surprised. This show is seriously fucked up in its priorities.

• Love 4

So glad I found this thread! I quit GH for good about a month ago and have mixed emotions about it. Hope you all don't mind me venting in this thread.

I've been a somewhat loyal viewer since 1996.....my middle school classmates were constantly talking about Carly's antics and I wanted to be in the loop so I watched. As a teenage girl, I so related to SBrown's Carly''s immature impulsiveness, and adored her friendship with Jason. The Sonny/Brenda/Jax triangle was everything,and later I absolutely lived for Lucky and Liz. They were exactly my age at the time and I remember wishing I could find a guy like Lucky at my school.

I left when they recast Lucky and Nik in the early '00s because the chemistry just wasnt the same with the two new actors. I returned to GH in 2002/early 2003 (whenever SBu came back as Jason) and stayed through all the crap since---the destruction of L&L, WigOnAStick!Laura, the revolving door of Carlys, PirateinEm'sPants, the death of my beloved Stefan, not to mention...worst of all,  Soily!

But i just can't anymore. I would take Soily everyday over Nina and Franco, Ava, Julian, NuDillon, NuLulu. This show just doesn't feel like GH anymore and really isn't. The final straw was watching Anna pimp Samtrick in Robin's house. Actually watching Superspy Anna casually shrugging off not hearing from her daughter who was recently held captive for 2 years, as if it was no cause for concern or even a bit strange was just too much.  Watching the writers troll fans by constantly bashing Robin is too rage inducing and this version of GH isn't worth the effort.  I am disgusted that show with such poor ratings has the nerve to insult long-term viewers by bashing a fan favorite character just because the actress left on her own terms. Screw them.

Frank Valantini can have his bratty child actors, his scenery chewing cartoonish other soap castoffs, and his grade-school level writing team. I've lost interest and I'm done. I'll return if Kimberly, Tristan or JJ do, but none seem likely to do so anytime in the foreseeable future, so no need to waste my DVR space. I hate that its gotten to this point, as I've waited years and years for things to get better, and they were  until the OLTL3 came back into the cast.So frustrating. 

Sorry for the long post---just had to get it off my chest. Lol

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 6

I absolutely loved when Monica got to see her son.

Screw these writers, show enders, losers... for taking simple joys like Monica getting to know Jason- that flawed bastard she loves- is alive. For not letting her slap the hell out of Carly and Sonny. Sonny, by all rights, should be ashamed of what he did. Yeah, he hated AJ. He always did for some weird reason. Maybe it's because AJ gave Carly her first child, or he's blood related to Jason, or Michael's biodad, or an educated man with family that never locked him in a closet. Screw this show for giving Monica the sheer joy of having Michael, only to lose him to the mob. The mob life that got him raped in prison.

And I haven't even mentioned Robin.

• Love 2

Ok, hearing about today's show and seeing Frank's and SoapsInDepth's tweets might finally bring me out to the barge and away from this show and forum permanently. Just the idea of Frank's twitter lackey promoting the idea of Julian getting the best of Anna kinda makes me physically sick. 

I get this is a very "goodbye cruel world. Did you hear me? I said goodbye!" type of message. But I'm legitimately bummed. Not that I'm surprised. This show is seriously fucked up in its priorities.

I really have no idea why the show is so invested in Anna losing everything, including her personality, her brain, her loved ones, her jobs, her ability to get any shit done, etc.   I really have no idea why FH is sticking around for this shit anymore -- hopefully, she's stockpiling the money like mad and is planning some other venture.    Literally no idea what message the show is trying to send here.   But it pisses me right the fuck off, because one of the reasons I liked this show as a kid is that female characters like Anna (and Monica, etc., etc.) got to take charge and be in control, and do good in the world.

Unless the only thought they've put into this is: "FH cries and looks sad really well!  Let's just have bad things happen to her character!  Yay, Emmys for everyone!"   

But it seems to be part of the deeper, fucked up message on this show: mobsters and supervillians are cool.   Get in line with them or you'll get taken down a peg or fifty.   Disney should be so proud of itself!  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I really have no idea why the show is so invested in Anna losing everything, including her personality, her brain, her loved ones, her jobs, her ability to get any shit done, etc. I really have no idea why FH is sticking around for this shit anymore -- hopefully, she's stockpiling the money like mad and is planning some other venture. Literally no idea what message the show is trying to send here. But it pisses me right the fuck off, because one of the reasons I liked this show as a kid is that female characters like Anna (and Monica, etc., etc.) got to take charge and be in control, and do good in the world.

Unless the only thought they've put into this is: "FH cries and looks sad really well! Let's just have bad things happen to her character! Yay, Emmys for everyone!"

But it seems to be part of the deeper, fucked up message on this show: mobsters and supervillians are cool. Get in line with them or you'll get taken down a peg or fifty. Disney should be so proud of itself!

I've wondered if they are punishing hee for Directing and being a part of KMc's project (she had an acting role).

Yeah, i believe TPTB are that petty. Only the men are allowed to do outside roles without repercussions. The wimmens get punished for daring to want to do more.

• Love 2