Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

"What They Become" is looking more plausible as the episode title for 809 (most likely, the episode without Oliver).

Mia Smoak & the Canaries sounds like the name of a band.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

strange woman in black

Pretty sure that's Athena from The Thanatos Guild in 616

Unidentified woman/Thea? (voiceover): "Indiana Jones made the [unintelligible word-subway?] more fun."

Thea: Indiana Jones made this look way more fun

Unidentified woman wearing black outfit: "Good luck."

Yeah, that's the one I think is Athena

fight scenes,

Looking at screencaps, some of the interesting fight scenes look like they include (besides a bunch of people throwing each other, ha) Zoe vs. a Deathsroke gang member, Lyla at what looks like a formal event against that guard, what looks like Oliver vs a GA at QC, an exploding arrow blowing up at a Dark Archer a la 123, Diggle beating up a bunch of thugs in what looks like Hong Kong, Mia vs. JJ twice (one at a formal event where he throws her through that table and one at the old loft set in his Deathsroke gear), and more

Edited by way2interested
  • Useful 3

I don't think it's been confirmed yet the timeline for this spinoff...

An ‘Arrow’ spinoff starring Kat McNamara is in the works at The CW!
Lynsey Neill   September 25, 2019
https://www.purefandom.com/2019/09/25/an-arrow-spinoff-starring-kat-mcnamara-is-in-the-works-at-the-cw/

A spinoff starring our beloved Mia Smoak is in the works at The CW! Let that sink in…

The daughter of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak is getting her own show, and it’s safe to say Olicity fans have been clamouring for this since her reveal.
Juliana Harkavy who plays Dinah Drake and Katie Cassidy who plays Laurel Lance will also be apart of this new unnamed show. And to what capacity, it’s currently unclear. The spinoff will be set in Star City 2040, making Laurel and Dinah 20 years older than their present day characters.

I admittedly scratch my head as what Dinah and Laurel’s involvement could/will be in this spinoff. One of the reasons why The Canary Network worked for me in season 7 is because there has been so many versions of Black Canary, the title has lost its weight and significance. For starters there has been Sara, Earth 1 Laurel, Evelyn, Dinah, Earth 2 Laurel, and now Zoe. That’s six versions of the Black Canary over seven seasons.

One of the greatest criticisms I have over Black Canary storylines is it seems they are always in a constant state of course correcting. And when you’re constantly course correcting, it makes the audience have to work 10 times harder to care. But during season 7, I thought they finally proclaimed their intentions in regards to Canaries. That they are a network of women, who mainly, support and help each other. And I LOVE that concept… it gives “Canary” weight again! It’s powerful, it’s inspiring, and I sincerely hope it’s not taken away.
Ideally, in this spinoff, Dinah and Laurel would be like advisors to Mia. She would go to them for support and advice, kind of like a superhero version of Giles from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
One of the biggest threads of Arrow season 7 was Mia developing her relationship with William and Connor (and not so much with Laurel and Dinah, another reason why their seemingly significant involvement is confusing). And guys, we love our Mia, but we absolutely fell in love with William and Connor, too!

It just wouldn’t make sense if they weren’t apart of this new show. Because with the three of them, that’s where the emotional beats will lie. Losing those dynamics would be detrimental this potential spinoff. Which is why I ultimately believe they will be apart of the show.
My Mia Smoak Show Wishlist:

• The Canaries are used as resources… please I can’t watch another seven seasons of course correcting Canaries.
  • The Next-Generation OTA kids will figure out how to be heroes together.
  • I NEED WILLIAM, CONNOR, AND JJ TO ALSO BE IN THIS THAT IS NON NEGOTIABLE
  • Am I selfish to ask for an occasional cameo from original OTA members? Whatever, I’m doing it.
  • I hope it’s shown throughout the show that the sweeter/better world we all crave is exemplified in the next-gen kids themselves, wanting to be better even though their environment (Star City) is tempting them in other directions.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

If Crisis means anything can happen, could it wipe out Nora on The Flash?

I haven’t been watching, but I thought Nora had already been erased by whatever happened in last season’s finale. Not 100% sure on that though.

• Love 1
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I haven’t been watching, but I thought Nora had already been erased by whatever happened in last season’s finale. Not 100% sure on that though.

Oop. Well there you go. I quit watching The Flash last year, but clearly, the Baby Sara erasure still makes me mad. 

5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Give me adult badass Sara Diggle in this potential spin-off and we can talk. 

I would love to see that - although I still probably wouldn’t watch if KC was involved (full disclosure).  But Olicity’s and Diggle’s daughters battling crime together?  I would be here for that.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Two media breakdowns of the S8 trailer...

Arrow: First Action-Packed Season 8 Trailer Starts at the Beginning
by Meagan Damore – on Sep 24, 2019 
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-final-season-trailer/

The trailer opens at the Queen family's mansion, a set that hasn't been utilized since the show's 100th episode in Season 5. "The only way that this is bearable for me is if I am certain my sacrifice -- my death -- will protect the people I love," Oliver says in a voice over narration.
As Oliver speaks, the trailer cycles through some old settings, including his Verdant night club. Here, Colin Donnell's Tommy Merlyn looms, glaring at Oliver with suspicion. In another cut, Oliver awakens in his Season 3 bedroom in Hong Kong. When the trailer returns to the Queen Mansion, Oliver gazes at a photo of his wife Felicity and their daughter Mia, making it clear this is indeed the Oliver who left with the Monitor in Season 7.
"There is a Crisis coming," Oliver points out, to which John Diggle responds, "We're facing the destruction of pretty much everything." A montage of action sequences shows the return of Willa Holland's Thea Queen, their mother Moira and Katana, aka Tatsu Yamashiro.
The trailer explores more than Oliver's past. Indeed, it offers a glimpse into the future, where a grown Mia has taken up her father's mission to protect Star City. These flash-forwards include more of the Deathstroke gang and its leader, Diggle's son J.J.

Arrow: All the Characters Who Return in Final Season Trailer
By JENNA ANDERSON - September 24, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/24/arrow-spoilers-final-season-trailer-characters-return/

TOMMY MERLYN
arrow-final-season-trailer-tommy-merlyn- The trailer opens with several visual callbacks to the show's earlier days, including a scene of Oliver in one of Star City's dance clubs. Watching from across the club is none other than Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell), Oliver's childhood best friend.
MIA SMOAK
arrow-final-season-trailer-mia-smoak-118
About a third of the way through the trailer, fans get another look at Mia Smoak (Katherine McNamara), the future daughter of Oliver and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). Once her true identity was revealed midway through the season, Mia became an integral part of the show's flash-forward sequences, and proved that she was just as talented with a bow and arrow as her father.
JOHN DIGGLE
arrow-final-season-trailer-john-diggle-1
Unsurprisingly, one of Oliver's closest allies is joining him on his crusade, as John Diggle (David Ramsey) can be seen entering a hallway with Oliver midway through the trailer. Granted, it was basically a given that Diggle would play a role in Arrow's final episodes (especially since Ramsey is directing the season's sixth episode), but it sounds like the duo will be at a new stage in their relationship when that happens.
LAUREL LANCE
arrow-final-season-trailer-laurel-lance-
Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy Rodgers) appears shortly after Oliver and Dig, and remarks that it was nice of them (or somebody else offscreen) to show up.
JOHN DIGGLE JR.
arrow-final-season-trailer-john-diggle-j
The trailer also showcases quite a lot of the Deathstroke Gang, a band of mercenaries that have been causing trouble in Arrow's flash-forwards since last season. Eventually, it is revealed that the leader of the group is none other than an older version of John Diggle Jr. (Russian Doll's Charlie Barnett).
THEA QUEEN
arrow-final-season-trailer-thea-queen-11
Also making a surprising appearance throughout the trailer is Thea Queen (Willa Holland), Oliver's half-sister who previously operated on Team Arrow as Speedy. After retiring as a vigilante, Thea returned for a brief arc in Season 6, which ended with setting out to find the lost Lazarus Pits with Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) and Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law).
TALIA AL GHUL
arrow-final-season-trailer-talia-al-ghul
Also joining that adventure will be Talia al Ghul (Lexa Doig), who served as Oliver's mentor during some of the show's flashback sequences. Talia then went on to play a role in Oliver's fight against Prometheus (Josh Segurra), as she ultimately joined forces with the foe. She was presumed dead until midway through last season when she was revealed to be a fellow inmate of Oliver's at Slabside prison.
KATANA
arrow-final-season-trailer-katana-118888
Another one of Oliver's former mentors, Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana (Rila Fukushima), makes a fairly unexpected appearance in the trailer. After Tatsu and her husband helped Oliver in the show's flashbacks, they later played a role in the fight against Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins. Tatsu then returned in Season 4, as Oliver tried to deal with Thea's bloodlust.
LYLA MICHAELS
arrow-final-season-trailer-lyla-michaels
Another brief return in the trailer comes in the form of Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson), who can be seen fighting a random man outside of some sort of mansion. The ARGUS director and wife of John Diggle has been a fixture of sorts on Arrow, it's interesting to see that she'll be back in some way for these final episodes. (Especially since the scene is giving us major "Suicide Squad" vibes.)
MOIRA QUEEN
And finally, the trailer comes to a close with a return that is heard, but not seen. Just after Oliver proclaims that history is repeating itself, Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson) can be heard calling out to Oliver. Earlier on in the trailer, a Queen Consolidated key card bearing Moira's name can also be seen in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment.

Edited by tv echo

I wonder since in the past they've been very "We want each show to be different from one another" and with Batwoman supposed to be taking up the Arrow mantle as far as tone....what will this show be? Will we have 2 Arrow-like shows? Will it possibly being in the future be enough to differentiate it?

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I wonder since in the past they've been very "We want each show to be different from one another" and with Batwoman supposed to be taking up the Arrow mantle as far as tone....what will this show be? Will we have 2 Arrow-like shows? Will it possibly being in the future be enough to differentiate it?

That’s a good point.  The only hope that I have is that they aren’t afraid to take risks.  I’m not an avid watcher, but LoT has far exceeded my expectations.  I’ll be keeping up with fan reactions - that’s what made me come back to Arrow (I quit after the second episode - my timing was off)

Green Lantern Diggle is inevitable, even if only a cameo from a different Earth, so I'm not surprised there would be a photo shoot. 

As for the spin off and Batwoman? I can't see how the backdoor pilot won't be dark considering the characters, the setting etc. Even if Mia is pulled back to 2020/time lines are merged etc there's still a lot of darkness around. Mia's deliberately Oliver-esque and especially if she knows she has just "lost" her father and is still dealing with her mother's disappearance, potential loss of brother and team mate etc. BS and Dinah aren't a barrel of laughs either. And if it's set in 2041, even in a re set timeline I don't see it being even SC (or wherever) in a LOT or Flash setting. 

I guess the differentiation might be in the team aspect, if they are supposed to be BOP in all but name. Or they'll re work things for the actual series like LOT S2. 

• Useful 1

I'm not enthused for a spin-off tbh. Mia is a dreadful character and I don't get the impression that most audiences care enough about Dinah either. I know Laurel's not exactly popular here but she's the only hook and even she's not enough.

Besides the idea kind of feels a bit too late/desperate as though the CW don't have enough confidence in Batwoman as a series (and I can't blame them, that show could be a flop for them) are trying to latch on to the Oliver Queen side of things without.

It's also likely that this will go the way of Bloodlines and Wayward Sisters and not get picked up at all and if it does get picked up, does that mean we lose another Arrow related show?

The spinoff does not necessarily have to involve time travel...

S1 of the spinoff could be structured like S1 of Arrow, where there's an ongoing flashback story in every episode. So the present day story could take place in the future and center around Mia Smoak/Green Arrow and Future Team Arrow, with occasional appearances by Older Dinah and Older Laurel. And then the flashback story could take place 20 years earlier (in 2019 or 2020) and focus on Dinah and Laurel's development of the Canaries network. This structure could continue for several seasons, since there's actually 20 years of flashback story to fill in for these two characters.

I think that Mia and Laurel will each draw some fans to the spinoff and repel other fans from the spinoff.  KM also appears to have a big fanbase from Shadowhunters. Dinah is the only character that appears to be largely unpopular with Arrow fans. Just my general impression.

Btw, this fan expressed perfectly what I was thinking when I read this spinoff news...

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

So SA's tweet implies that Oliver will be travelling to the future in 807 -- but just six years ahead (so far). I wonder if this is part of the Monitor's "test"? He grants Oliver peeks into his kids' lives at different ages and he still has to walk away from them to save the universe. 

The spinoff does not necessarily have to involve time travel...

S1 of the spinoff could be structured like S1 of Arrow, where there's an ongoing flashback story in every episode. So the present day story could take place in the future and center around Mia Smoak/Green Arrow and Future Team Arrow, with occasional appearances by Older Dinah and Older Laurel. And then the flashback story could take place 20 years earlier (in 2019 or 2020) and focus on Dinah and Laurel's development of the Canaries network. This structure could continue for several seasons, since there's actually 20 years of flashback story to fill in for these two characters.

Of all the ideas thrown around so far, this is one idea that doesn't evolve any crazy leaps to make it work, but to me it has it downsides. It would sound very much like its parent show: Arrow, it wouldnt really be a fresh show. . Two,  the whole Canary Network thing setup, I thought they were tackling that with Season 8?. dont know how much more can be exploited from that. Third, the flashbacks just arent as interesting when you already know the future. And Isnt season 8 supposed to fill in the 20 year gap anyway...its a short season but still, it could be enough.

If that whats they are going for, then I doubt they would need a second backpilot, but I could be wrong. Still, at least its a theory that doesnt evolve some extreme leaps, though. 

Besides the idea kind of feels a bit too late/desperate as though the CW don't have enough confidence in Batwoman as a series (and I can't blame them, that show could be a flop for them) are trying to latch on to the Oliver Queen side of things without.

Wel,l Batwoman is currently the most anticipated fall new show according to:  https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/batwoman-nancy-drew-stumptown-emergence-fall-2019-tv-awareness-1203343941/.  That might give CW some confidence...but whatever happens, either way, they want a new DC spin off. 

Edited by suncity
  • Love 2

What could this Arrowverse show offer that's different?  We could finally have that Green Arrow/Black Canary pairing people have wanted. Too bad for them that Green Arrow is Mia.  Could be fun to watch the reactions to that!

1 hour ago, suncity said:

If that whats they are going for, then I doubt they would need a second backpilot, but I could be wrong. Still, at least its a theory that doesnt evolve some extreme leaps, though. 

True. But is anything an extreme leap when there's the deliberately extreme COIE coming right before the backdoor pilot (assuming it is 8x09)? The longer we go with no indication of William and Connor in it, the more I loose hope they're going to be a part of it and there's going to be a lot of COIE shenanigans to get this going. Sigh. 

I do kinda get the feeling that this might go the way of Bloodlines and Wayward Sisters but the CW has never failed to pick up an Arrowverse pilot they actually announced, Atom and other potential backdoor pilots were never formally announced? 

18 hours ago, Featherhat said:

True. But is anything an extreme leap when there's the deliberately extreme COIE coming right before the backdoor pilot (assuming it is 8x09)? The longer we go with no indication of William and Connor in it, the more I loose hope they're going to be a part of it and there's going to be a lot of COIE shenanigans to get this going. Sigh. 

Yeah you are right, crisis will likely bring about some wacky outcomes, not saying that people's  ideas are too far fetched. Im just saying that even though its sci fi/fantasy genre shows, I have my limits on what I can believe. I gave up The Flash because of too much,  easily used pseudo science. 

What could this Arrowverse show offer that's different?  We could finally have that Green Arrow/Black Canary pairing people have wanted. Too bad for them that Green Arrow is Mia.  Could be fun to watch the reactions to that!

Well, only the writers really know at this point what this potential new show is going to offer different from its parent show: Arrow.  We can only speculate and theorize.  Arrow maybe a beloved show but it doesnt mean people are willing to sit through an Arrow 2:0 redux, maybe some, but I doubt many will.  So even a spin off needs to set its self apart IMO and cruise on its own charm.  I dont know why any one would be expecting a GA/BC pairing in this potential new show, thats so water under the bridge. And spin offs are usually meant to tell newer stories.

Edited by suncity

I think that networks tend to go with formulas that have worked in the past. Smallville attracted more male viewers to The CW, so when that show ended, the network went with another male superhero show, Arrow. Then, iirc, Arrow's original casting package focused on the trio of SA, KC and CD (like The Vampire Diaries), before they decided to focus on Oliver as the main star. Arrow's OTA proved a success, so The Flash gave its hero his own support team. Even look at the new shows - from the promos, Nancy Drew looks like a copy of Riverdale.

If Dinah and Laurel travel to the future, then what happens to everything they did over the past 20 years?

If Mia Smoak travels to present day Star City for the spinoff, what happens to present day Baby Mia - and Felicity? How can they do a spinoff with Mia in 2019 or 2020 and not have EBR appear as her mother? Or will COIE make such drastic changes that Mia isn't Felicity's daughter?

Btw, it sounds like Mia Smoak is in more than one COIE crossover episode...

Edited by tv echo
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Or will COIE make such drastic changes that Mia isn't Felicity's daughter?

She was credited as Mia Smoak (or Olicity's kid) in the press for the spinoff, so I think it's all good for that at least 😅

Idk, I think the easiest thing to do would still just have it set in 2040 with the plot as is, but just then have some sort of sci-fi explanation for JH and KC not having to look in their 50s all the time. There the only problem is to explain away why the other members of FTA aren't there if they end up not being in the cast as well, and you can keep the setting, sets. some narrative build-ups, and the characters the way they are without having to mess up timelines and characters and have to continuously explain away details that could come up otherwise.

Maybe 809 will have Mia stay in the present because of Crisis shenanigans and do some sort of series set-up with BS and Dinah there, but idk I think it would just be simpler (for the writers of Arrow, at least) to end Crisis with that episode of LoT and have the "lasting consequences" be more predominant on the other shows, especially since the consequences from Crisis for Arrow is essentially just the show ending (I know it's not the bts reasons, but on the show, the consequence is Oliver's "death," there's nothing really more consequential than that). Have it so 809 is focused on 2040 and what Mia (as the new "Arrow" in this universe, with 809 being titled "What They Become") does next, in this case with her team which in this case would include or be BS and Dinah.  

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

She was credited as Mia Smoak (or Olicity's kid) in the press for the spinoff, so I think it's all good for that at least 😅

Idk, I think the easiest thing to do would still just have it set in 2040 with the plot as is, but just then have some sort of sci-fi explanation for JH and KC not having to look in their 50s all the time. There the only problem is to explain away why the other members of FTA aren't there if they end up not being in the cast as well, and you can keep the setting, sets. some narrative build-ups, and the characters the way they are without having to mess up timelines and characters and have to continuously explain away details that could come up otherwise.

Maybe 809 will have Mia stay in the present because of Crisis shenanigans and do some sort of series set-up with BS and Dinah there, but idk I think it would just be simpler (for the writers of Arrow, at least) to end Crisis with that episode of LoT and have the "lasting consequences" be more predominant on the other shows, especially since the consequences from Crisis for Arrow is essentially just the show ending (I know it's not the bts reasons, but on the show, the consequence is Oliver's "death," there's nothing really more consequential than that). Have it so 809 is focused on 2040 and what Mia (as the new "Arrow" in this universe, with 809 being titled "What They Become") does next, in this case with her team which in this case would include or be BS and Dinah.  

I did think about them changing mothers but why would they? They want some of the Olicity fanbase back and she's credited as Mia Smoak, if that changes that wipes out a lot of 7&8 (not to mention the entire Olicity relationship), especially if the intention still is to have Oliver and Felicity reunite somewhere. If she's in 2020 the easiest explanation is that she knows she can't run in to them and they're hiding in Bloomfield also keeping a low profile etc. Parents don't need to be shown, there were lots of places Quentin could have come in and he appeared on LOT for all of 3 minutes whilst PB was filming literally in the next building. 

I think it would be better for it to be 2040 plus handwavy-ium for age, since we'll have spent a lot of time there and there's more scope for different things, even though it is bleak. I really don't want it to be that it will be Mia is a refugee from a timeline that doesn't exist anymore, meaning Felicity's ending is up in the air (assuming EBR is not back) and nearly 30 eps of FFs are pointless, including the learning to be FTA that's supposed to be a big thing this season. I don't think William and Connor will be a part of it or they'd have announced it by now.

When we knew Sara was coming back there were all sorts of theories and they went with the simplest - Real Sara plus Lazarus Pit. When KC came back they went with character who had already appeared on a different show and played better to KC's strengths. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

If she's in 2020 the easiest explanation is that she knows she can't run in to them and they're hiding in Bloomfield also keeping a low profile etc. Parents don't need to be shown, there were lots of places Quentin could have come in and he appeared on LOT for all of 3 minutes whilst PB was filming literally in the next building. 

It's not even that. They would have to make up some completely out there reason why she'd be staying in 2020 in the first place and be the new GA, when they all know time travelers who could fix that. 

I don't think William and Connor will be a part of it or they'd have announced it by now.

Ken found out about the spinoff from a male cast member saying he's signed on for it, so there's something else going on with that, at least.

When we knew Sara was coming back there were all sorts of theories and they went with the simplest - Real Sara plus Lazarus Pit. When KC came back they went with character who had already appeared on a different show and played better to KC's strengths. 

Yeah, tv and movies generally just try to be pretty simple (heck, even back for Elseworlds there were tons of theories about how Barry and Oliver switched when it really came down to just the actors/characters switching into each other's plots that were left untouched. People were more confused at the logic of them switching because the writers were trying so hard to make it simple to leave the season plots like Olicity's unphased in order to be resolved), so that's why I don't think assuming it won't be in 2040 is like this great theory. All of the characters exist in 2040, they have sets and potential other cast members/other opportunities for cast members in 2040, there would be far less plot holes in 2040, there's more of a fresh start angle for 2040, etc. 2040 is the easiest way. Maybe they have a whole other idea, but there's a reason why most of the press assume it's in 2040.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ken found out about the spinoff from a male cast member saying he's signed on for it, so there's something else going on with that, at least.

I didn't know that, thank you. With my luck it will be Rene. 🙄

38 minutes ago, way2interested said:

All of the characters exist in 2040, they have sets and potential other cast members/other opportunities for cast members in 2040, there would be far less plot holes in 2040, there's more of a fresh start angle for 2040, etc. 2040 is the easiest way. Maybe they have a whole other idea, but there's a reason why most of the press assume it's in 2040.

All very true and logical. It's just sometimes it seems this show goes out of it's way to do the opposite. Though I suppose they'd have to find a way to make them part of next year's big crossover (assuming it's picked up) that's an important factor. 😉

I didn't know that, thank you. With my luck it will be Rene. 🙄

Lol, just like how a bunch of fans thought Oliver was going to go to Rene for advice in 603 because no way would the writers allow that for Oliver and Felicity! Oliver gets a visitor at Slabside? Must be Rene or Dinah because they won't give us any Olicity in the premiere! Mia's not Olicity's kid she must be a rando! They are going to dramatically kill of Felicity to exit her character! Not everything ends up being the worst assumption 😂

All very true and logical. It's just sometimes it seems this show goes out of it's way to do the opposite.

And most of the times, it doesn't. That's my point. It can, but there are tons of more examples of them trying to keep things simple (that doesn't mean good, it means simple) rather than not.

Even if it is set in the present, then the simple explanation would be that Mia is only in the crossover to set up the spinoff (gets picked up, stays in present, plot holes be damned), which, maybe, I guess? But still not as simple as just having it in 2040 to at least give 810 (after the backdoor pilot) an opportunity to be a normalish Arrow episode.

Though I suppose they'd have to find a way to make them part of next year's big crossover (assuming it's picked up) that's an important factor. 😉

Mia's in this crossover with no problem it seems, so however she gets here (probably through the Legends) is the answer. Bam, still in 2040. 

Or at least that's my pitch for it to stay in 2040 😅

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Lol, just like how a bunch of fans thought Oliver was going to go to Rene for advice in 603 because no way would the writers allow that for Oliver and Felicity! Oliver gets a visitor at Slabside? Must be Rene or Dinah because they won't give us any Olicity in the premiere! Mia's not Olicity's kid she must be a rando! They are going to dramatically kill of Felicity to exit her character! Not everything ends up being the worst assumption 😂

I was mostly joking, I assume it's most likely to be BL or JDJ, maybe outside chance of a character we haven't seen yet. Maybe both have signed on with that news and they are just going for names/"girl power" with the first announcement. But since whilst I'm not entirely surprised about KC getting another job I was surprised they kept JH on as well...….

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Mia's in this crossover with no problem it seems, so however she gets here (probably through the Legends) is the answer. Bam, still in 2040. 

Or at least that's my pitch for it to stay in 2040 😅

I was thinking being in the crossover is mostly Monitor related? But could be LOT related. I really hope it's 2040. It does seem the simplest and an easy way of making it different, just the potential for going crazy with COIE is making me go crazy. 

39 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I was thinking being in the crossover is mostly Monitor related? But could be LOT related.

I was just thinking LoT related because she's filming scenes with them (or at least with Sara, Constantine, and Jonah Hex), but maybe so. It would at least make the Moniter's "the world needs Mia" line make more sense.

801 synopsis...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/07/arrow-episode-801-title-revealed.html  

ARROW
“Starling City” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

SEASON PREMIERE – While trying to decipher The Monitor’s (guest star LaMonica Garrett) mission, Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns to Starling City where he encounters familiar faces. Meanwhile, Mia (Katherine McNamara) and William’s (Ben Lewis) team clash with a new foe. James Bamford directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Marc Guggenheim (#801). Original airdate 10/15/2019.

Edited by tv echo

Audition video posted by actress Chanika Desilva for Arrow 809 for the role of "Bianca Scott" - maybe another Canary? The first audition scene gave me Buffy/many slayers vibes, while the second audition scene gave me early Laurel/Quentin vibes. Although she refers to working on a case, I don't think she's a cop. Maybe the Canaries are assigned cases to work on by Dinah or Laurel? But I could be wrong....

ETA: At the beginning of the video, a title caption briefly appeared in the bottom left corner that said: "ARROW - #809 - 'BIANCA SCOTT'."

2019 09 Taping ARROW_BIANCA_Chanika Desilva full
Posted on Sep. 27, 2019, by Chanika Desilva

Audition Scene 1:
CD: "Holas, Amy! Let's go.!"
Reader (offscreen): "You [unintelligible words] before you punch that guy!"
CD (looking at third person or persons): "Yeah. Probably. So, you must be his friend. Hi! (Whispers) I think he likes you."
Reader: "You're gonna pay."
CD (mimicking fight moves): "Then put it on my tab. That was a good one."
Reader: "That was stupid!"
CD: "Oh, come on. We had that under control. You're a badass. So am I."
Reader: "You're reckless."
CD: "I go with my instincts. And I'm not dead yet, so must be doing something right."
Reader: "And what if your luck runs out? And mine with it?"
CD: "Not much of a gambler, are you?"
Reader: "I don't like unnecessary risks!"
CD: "No such thing. Life is risk. What we do is risky. Sometimes that means that maybe 20 guys want to kill us. And, yeah, that sucks. But then you know that you can handle it."
Reader: "So this is what? Risk training?"
CD: "You're never surprised if you're always getting surprised. See? Not just reckless. There's a method to my madness."
Reader: "You're insane."
CD: "Come on, admit it. You had fun."
Reader: "A little."
CD: "That's more like it. But even I know when fun time's over. Run."

Audition Scene 2: 
CD: (Knocks)
Reader (offscreen): "Hey, baby girl. What a surprise."
CD: "Hi, Dad. Can we talk for a minute?"
Reader: "Sure, sure. Come on in."
CD: "How've you been?"
Reader: "Great. Keepin' busy. Staying out of trouble."
CD: "That's great to hear. How's everything at the factory?"
Reader: "I got out of there! That place was a waste of my talent. You want one?"
CD: "No, thanks. You sure you want one?"
Reader: "Yeah. That's why I'm having one. What are you doin' here, Bianca?"
CD: "I was hoping you could help me out on a case I'm working on."
Reader: "Help you out? How?"
CD: "There's this new mystery drug that's been showing up all around Star City. No one can figure out what it is or where it came from, but it's bad. Five people have already O.D.-ed."
Reader: "How can I help with that?"
CD: "I was wondering if you or any of your friends heard about it."
Reader: "Sounds like you're accusing me of something. I'm on the straight and narrow."
CD: "Dad. I know that's not true. You're still drinking. [Unintelligible words] You were admitted to General Hospital two weeks ago with symptoms of possible overdose. If you let me help you. We can help a lot of other people together."
Reader: "Typical Bianca. So judgy."
CD: "I'm not judging you."
Reader: "I don't want your pity either."
CD: "I knew it was a mistake to come here. If you want to drink your life away, then fine. Be my guest. But I don't want any part of it."

Edited by tv echo

Could be one of the Canary Network type thing or a smaller team. I could see Stephanie Brown from what I know of her, if the character is supposed to be a potential regular. 

Of course sides are often just random scenes to make sure the actor can express the feel and emotions for a certain character (like rookie cop who hates vigilante's for Mia and Tinah's sides) and have nothing to do with anything. 

Depending on how/when/where it's set they might ditch the "Canary Network" as a thing and just have Dinah and Laurel.

Thinking of two recent spin offs looking for *some* of the same demo, they could take on the Alaric in Legacies role or Alison and Mona in The Perfectionists, lead role and big part of the show but not the main character (Mia) or part of the "young" team. 

• Useful 1

It looks like the above actress removed her Arrow audition video for the role of "Bianca Scott" from Vimeo.com. Someone connected to Arrow or The CW probably found out she was spoiling 809 and told her to remove it.

But lo and behold, another actress has just posted her Arrow audition video on Vimeo.com for the role of "Ingrid" (no episode # specified)...

ARROW - INGRID - JULIE MCLELLAN SCENE TWO
Posted on Sep. 29, 2019, by Julie McLellan

Reader (off-screen): "There you are. You don't pick up the phone anymore."
JM: "You are really unbelievable."
Reader: "I've been told that's a good thing."
JM: "Enough of your bullshit!  I know who you are. Who you really are. Don't you have anything to say?"
Reader: "How did you find out?"
JM: "That's what you want to know? You've been lying to me for months. And the first thing you say isn't, 'I'm sorry'? 'Please forgive me'? It's 'how did you find out?'"
Reader: "You don't understand. You knowing puts you in danger."
JM: "Even you don't believe that."
Reader: "You don't know the people I'm up against. They won't hesitate to use you against me. That's why I couldn't tell you."
JM: "Lying to me doesn't magically erase me from your life. I'm a target whether I know or not. In fact, the only person lying protects is you. From everyone who would want to leave because they wouldn't want to put up with this crap!"
Reader: "You're right. I wanted to tell you. But I was afraid, and I owed you more than that. You're my best friend, Ingrid. But if you want to leave, I won't stop you."
JM: "Good."
Reader: "You're not leaving?"
JM: "I'm internally debating... You can sit there. But don't say anything."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I wonder if both parts are potentially regular/recurring? I guess we have no way of knowing yet. "Ingrid" sounds like a partner/sister etc of a Canary/vigilante type and fairly generic scenes for a show like this, neither gave us much to go on that we couldn't guess. 

No new spoilers, except to confirm that Andrea Sixtos (as Zoe) will be back in S8 - this is from her Sep. 26, 2019 appearance on BeondTV's "Carlos & Lisa" show...

Andrea Sixtos on Playing Zoe Ramirez on "Arrow"
BeondTV   Sep. 30, 2019

-- Lisa: "Now you're shooting the final season, Season 8." AS: "Yes."

-- Lisa: "Good luck on the last season." AS: "Thank you so much."

Edited by tv echo

Confirmation that Zoe's character is "a Black Canary" - so I'm guessing every Canary in the Canary Network calls herself "Black Canary" (maybe to confuse the public, police and/or criminals and make it seem like Black Canary is everywhere at once?)...

TRENDing with Andrea Sixtos
TheTRENDTalk Show   Aug. 19, 2019

-- They showed part of Arrow's S8 trailer.

-- AS: "So I play adult Zoe, and you see her in Star City 2040, 20 years later. Um, and she is the daughter of Wild Dog, Rene Ramirez... She grew up, in her childhood, watching her father be a vigilante, saving the city, and was really inspired by that. And so, inevitably, she grew up wanting to be just like her dad. And so she becomes a vigilante herself. And she is a Black Canary, working with the Canary Network, um, to save the city. She - she gets very emotional and -." 

-- Interviewer interrupted her at this point to ask if she get to do a lot of physical stuff and if she has a stunt person telling her what to do. AS: "I do have a stunt double. Um, I would like to do my own stunts. Hopefully, one day. Maybe next season."

Edited by tv echo

Could be one of the Canary Network type thing or a smaller team. I could see Stephanie Brown from what I know of her, if the character is supposed to be a potential regular. 

I thought "Bianca Scott" could be Barbara Gordon, but  you may be right, it could be Stephanie Brown.  WB might be willing, to lift the Bat embargo, for the latter than the former. 

meh, if its just some rando from canary network. 

Edited by suncity