Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Apparently I turned off the feeds and turned on some music at the right time because reports are that Jack just got a Birthday Blowie from everyone's favourite end table.

An end table that, according to Nick, doesn't have the best hygiene and has a bit of a funk "but she's so hot, though..."

ETA: I clearly hate myself so I went back and looked. If this HoH bed is a rockin', don't come a-knockin'. 

ETA2: Although there was unintentional hilarity from Nick and Sam on the other side of the feed, counting on their fingers and trying to figure out if they have seven, eight, or nine people in their giant alliance. According to this brain-trust, it's nine. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Apparently I turned off the feeds and turned on some music at the right time because reports are that Jack just got a Birthday Blowie from everyone's favourite end table.

An end table that, according to Nick, doesn't have the best hygiene and has a bit of a funk "but she's so hot, though..."

I just want to say....

YUCK!

• Love 4

Nick went upstairs to knock on the HoH door so that he could wish Jack a happy birthday and was bummed to find out that the door was locked and Jack was "sleeping". Meanwhile, a night vision shot showed the bed empty so I'm guessing Jack and Analyse took their adventures to the camera-free shower in the HoH bathroom. 

NGL, I would have died if Jack forgot to lock the HoH bedroom and Nick had barged in. 

• LOL 4

That Tyler GIF made me nostalgic for how warm and fuzzy last season was compared to this one. I remember laughing a lot and just enjoying it, as compared to this season, where I laugh a bit between cringes. I sort of wish I could FF ahead 3 weeks, so I could either feel comforted, or else pack it in till next season. 

I'm not mad at anyone though. It's the nature of reality tv. Sometimes the chemistry is just right, and we get a magically entertaining season. Sometimes, it's just wrong and we get... this season so far. I actually love how unpredictable it all is. That's what keeps me watching. 

Last night I decided to stop feeling upset about what's happening this season though. If BB is a social experiment, I shouldn't get upset when it reflects social reality, even if it's a reality I don't like. 

How long till Zingbot? 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I didn't say it made it right and I didn't say that it wasn't worth complaining about. I do think it's the MO for this show and they don't care for it when their circus animals don't perform as expected. I do find it kinda funny that Production is so keen to cut the feeds to another room (or to Fish) whenever Jackson starts to say David's name - although at this point, I think their trigger finger is so itchy, all it has to be is a word starting with the letter 'd' - but at the same time, they're trying to get Kemi to live up to a stereotype. 

I don't think they'll ever not cast to fit stereotypes and roles but that's true of almost any reality show. It's just sometimes it works out really well (BB20) and other times... we get Jack and Son douching it up and Camp Minorities. 

ETA: Sorry, the Tyler GIF wasn't meant for what you said, more for the show doing its usual bullshit.

I didn't say that you said that that it made it right; that's my response to your statement. My opinion is that just because it's par for the course for BB and almost all reality tv, doesn't make it right.

I took the Tyler gif as directed to Kemi and anyone who would have a problem with production asking her to wag her finger and say that. I took your post as handwaving away any complaint about production's request. That's how it came across to me, but maybe I took it the wrong way.

I agree with you that everyone should know by now what they're getting into when they try out for BB, but at the same time, I think it's valid to point out the issues and problems that production seems to deliberately create. I get that it's their job to try to create drama, but can't they come up with something new? And if it can't be new, can it at least be funny? Nuh uh girlfriend? Really? That's supposed to be funny? I feel like I'm in a time warp watching In Living Color circa 1992.

I agree with you that stereotype casting isn't going anywhere anytime soon and especially not on BB, and I'm probably preaching to the choir here, so I'll stop talking now. 🙂

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Summerday said:

I took the Tyler gif as directed to Kemi and anyone who would have a problem with production asking her to wag her finger and say that. I took your post as handwaving away any complaint about production's request. That's how it came across to me, but maybe I took it the wrong way.

Reading it back, I can totally see where you could come to that conclusion and I'm sorry for not making my point more clear or explaining it better but it was 100% not my intent. I'm sorry. I think we got our wires crossed (that one's totally on me). It's a reminder to myself to think before I post and not just vomit words out like I do most of the time. 

59 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

How long till Zingbot? 

Too long. 

It doesn't help that Jack's HoH reign has been mind-numbingly boring from a game-play point of view. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Reading it back, I can totally see where you could come to that conclusion and I'm sorry for not making my point more clear or explaining it better but it was 100% not my intent. I'm sorry. I think we got our wires crossed (that one's totally on me). It's a reminder to myself to think before I post and not just vomit words out like I do most of the time.

No apology needed! I love your posts, you've got a great sense of humor! Definitely a crossed wires situation.

• Love 4

I must say, I am downright shocked by how much fucking there has already been on the show this season. It used to be a rare thing and then slowly became more common when they started casting mostly Bachelor rejects, but I guess when you move on to Love Island rejects, it REALLY ramps up! Have we ever had three showmance fucking period in a season, let alone this early in the game?

Anal lice surprises me the most and honestly, kind of disappoints me. I couldn't give a shit about people doing whatever they want, consensually, but she really seems like she's been pressured into doing something she wasn't really comfortable with. She's the youngest female HG, right? And she keeps talking about a lack of chemistry between her and Jack. It sort of skeeves me out. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

... If BB is a social experiment ...

It isn't and, aside from possibly a little smidgen of Season 1, it never was. 

And it has been cast since the time of Grodner as totally a trashy show at least 3/4 full of wannabe mactors and exhibitionists and other sad specimens of the human race that are to be used to fit stereotypes from a past century.

Grodner's problem is she hasn't changed with the times and a new generation is failing to fall in line as easily with her stupid formula and older generations are bored silly and more and more uncomfortable with it as well.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I'm out. 

I'm almost out myself, but by that I usually mean that I'm not gonna keep watching the feeds (except for live HOH's and good flashbacks reported here); but I still watch the broadcast show and keep up with posts in this forum.  I guess I'm just hoping you meant something similar, and its not meant that you are out of 'here' because I really enjoy your posts.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Anal lice surprises me the most and honestly, kind of disappoints me. I couldn't give a shit about people doing whatever they want, consensually, but she really seems like she's been pressured into doing something she wasn't really comfortable with. She's the youngest female HG, right? And she keeps talking about a lack of chemistry between her and Jack. It sort of skeeves me out. 

It DOES feel like she only decided to have sex, or whatever it was, with Jack because it's his birthday. Up until a couple of days ago, she didn't seem receptive to him at all. I mean, I know she liked him but she didn't seem to be interested in him past "He's SOOOO hot!" However, what do I really know beyond watching them on the feeds? I don't know what goes through her head. 

I, too, am surprised with all the sexual activities happening so early on. 

I also am not surprised, but disappointed, by what the producers are trying to get Kemi to do in the DR. This season is really going down the drain fast. I'm glad she put her foot down. She shouldn't need to stoop to such lows just to get some air time. That's so manipulative from the producers, as well, if that's what they are going for. Sure, Jack and Son got a talking to, but that's only to cover CBS's ass. It seems like they're perfectly fine with going to Kemi herself to tell her to be the Sassy Black Woman that they cast for. I hope they're not also going to David to ask him to be the Stereotypical Angry Black Man, or going to Bella to ask her to recite math problems. 

I guess I should accept that this show is nothing more than semi-scripted reality show, whose goal is to only cast the most pretty people and most hook up-able characters that they can find and hope that they follow through with their stereotypes. 

I don't know if this is the season I stick with. There have been seasons past where I have stopped at a certain point until the finale. Usually, I stop watching the broadcast episodes around the time of the DE. Sometimes, I even stop watching the show a couple of episodes before that. I usually keep up with the feeds, though, right until the end.

This time, though? I don't know if I can even make it to the jury portion. I'm trying, I really am, but if the season continues to be as toxic as it is now, I don't think I can stick around to watch some houseguests that I might marginally like more than others. Plus, not ONE person is good at the game, so it's not fun for me to watch sixteen idiots running around not playing the game to the best of their abilities.

The only ones closest to good gameplay are David (who's not even a houseguest and may never be a houseguest due to a fucking twist), Tommy (who has been trying to keep the H8ful alliance together and that pisses me off), and Nicole (who is not really in a good position to begin with but has done ok in her social game). Hell, I even have to credit Analyse, who has done absolutely nothing but is probably getting to F3 because "she's hot" and HollyBeth (again, thanks David for calling her Beth by accident that one time), since they're in positions where they aren't big targets, despite the fact that they should be (since they don't do anything and, therefore, are dangerous players since they can skate to the end). 

Hell, somehow, Christie is in an excellent position and she's actually the ONLY houseguest whose name hasn't come up as a target or being put up on the block. How? I have NO idea.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It DOES feel like she only decided to have sex, or whatever it was, with Jack because it's his birthday. Up until a couple of days ago, she didn't seem receptive to him at all. I mean, I know she liked him but she didn't seem to be interested in him past "He's SOOOO hot!" However, what do I really know beyond watching them on the feeds? I don't know what goes through her head. 

Yesterday Christie and Holly told her she should kiss Jack on his birthday.  She seemed to be waffling a little about it and nervous about the prospect.  But it sounds like a hell of a lot more than a kiss happened.

28 minutes ago, LuvizBlind said:

I guess I'm just hoping you meant something similar, and its not meant that you are out of 'here' 

Thanks so much, Luvizblind. When I posted that I'd hit a tipping point of everything, the first episode boot, the endless, possible "subconscious racism", the worry we'll end up with the horrifying optics of David, Ovi and Kemi in Camp Comeback wearing silly uniforms, and now reports of various meaningless sex events. If I wanted to watch sleazy TV I'd watch Temptation Island. (No offense, TI fans). 

I'm just not having fun any more. 

I think for me, being "out of here" this season means I'll just watch the TV broadcast and avoid hearing or reading about the feeds, if I can overcome my innate nosiness. You could call it "wilful ignorance". The less I know the better until such time as things improve, assuming they eventually do. 

For me, BB is like junk food. Even though you know it's garbage you still enjoy it. But if you suddenly realize your Cheezies are all mouldy, you have to stop eating them. Right now, the BB feeds are mouldy Cheezies. Let's see if I can stop eating them, because they're giving me a stomachache. . 😊

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Every year I lead myself down the garden path of "I wonder if I could be on BB?" and think about how I'd play with these inmates. Then something like this emerges from the dank crevasse of the BB House funk and I reassure myself, no, you would not ever be on this show.

An Overwhelming No.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Cliff's doing his morning talk.  He's talking about the whole who formed the Black Widows brouhaha.  He said he tends to believe Nicole's version of things which is that Bella is the one who started the alliance even though Bella told Jack it was Jessica.  He says Ovi doesn't trust Bella and Nick.  He doesn't think Nicole trusts Bella.  He thinks he needs to be careful with Bella and Nick but is willing to work with them for the short term.

Cliff says he's still working with Jackson and Holly and that is keeping him afloat with the larger group.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, zorak said:

Cliff says Ovi and Nicole came up with the name "The Fellowship" with their 3 person alliance.

No thanks.

I forgot to even turn the feeds on yesterday lol. Didn't even think about the veto being yesterday until this morning.

Sam winning veto again seems like a bad plan for him. He doesn't need it and all it's going to do is get people seeing him as a threat.

Cliff likes all the people I hate and hates the few people that don't wanna make me stick a fork in my eye. His talks are not for me at all. He just comes off kinda condescending or something. I still can't figure out who he thinks the 'groups' are or why he thinks he's gonna be the one to draw the line in the sand lol. I'd kinda like to see him get HOH. He says he thinks he might have to go for it next week but I don't really believe he will. He probably shouldn't.

With how mind-numbingly boring I found last season and how bad this season is that I'm already in week 2 forgetting to even turn on the feeds, I really think maybe I will soon be able to rid myself of this addiction. Here's hoping!

• Love 2

But neither one won. Just saying.  It certainly wasn't predictable this far out that either Josh or Kaycee was going to win.

That neither Paul nor Tyler won is really a technicality. My point was that it was the Paul show all season long, followed by the Tyler show all season long. It was all Paul, all the time, and then all Tyler all the time. The whole story, the whole seasonal arc, and every other HG just sort of revolved around them and played their game. They won all the special powers and made it to the very end and it was obvious from Week 1 that's how it was going to go down.

I don't get the same impression with any particular player this season. I'm sure Grodner wants Jack and/or Jackson to be the star of the season but I'm not convinced either will be. 

• Love 7

The wife and I tuned in a bit last night on All Access. Other than a little bit of gameplay discussion between Clay and someone else, it was about 10 people on a bed talking about The Bachelorette, and Jackschi eating store-brand (!) peanut butter whilst discussing....something with David and someone else.

Turns out that the unedited BB conversations are as banal as I remembered from watching the Season 1 live feed on Yahoo all those years ago.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

She's (Analyse) the youngest female HG, right? And she keeps talking about a lack of chemistry between her and Jack. It sort of skeeves me out. 

As a mother of girls around her age, this just makes me sad.  Obviously, she felt pressure to do this.   This is just not right, especially in this day and age. 

2 hours ago, zorak said:

Cliff likes Jackson (why, Cliff, why???) 

Because he’s deep down a racist douche like him.  

What bothers me about this season is the production’s interference in the feeds.   We pay for unfiltered look into the house.   Intentionally switching cameras to hide conversations is not what we paid for.   Sorry CBS. But you casted these idiots.  Let them show the world their true colors.  In the end, they are responsible for their words and actions, not you.  

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sam winning veto again seems like a bad plan for him. He doesn't need it and all it's going to do is get people seeing him as a threat.

Add the trip, too, he’s just drew a big old bullseye on his back.   Not smart.  He should have thrown the veto to Kemi.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 5

It's supposed to be some big secret that Analyse slept in Jack's room last night. Jackson was just telling Jack how Nick had gone up to Jack's room last night but found the door locked.  Jackson said he covered for Jack and told Nick that Jack was up there alone and had gone to bed.  Jessica was apparently going around last night asking where various people were and noticed that Analyse was missing.  Jackson told Jack that he thinks it would be a good idea to confront Nick at some point about why Nick is so bothered by Jack and Analyse "spending a little time together".  

• Love 1

Did Nick and Bella have sex last night too? How many of the houseguests were in the running for Love Island? If they were given BB20 to watch in sequester why is no one attempting to flip the vote and blindside the other side?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, zorak said:

Analyse is telling Christie and Holly she wants to go off on Nick for being in her business about Jack.  They're telling her to not do it.

Aww man.

Christie and HollyBeth, stop killing the drama! I want Team Good Feeds since I hate all of you anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

We talk about how immature the HGs are, but Analyce is almost literally immature!

She, Bella and Ovi all just graduated college. They're so darn young. 

That said, I guess it says a lot that Bella carries herself much more maturely than the other two. She has her issues, of course, but she's in a different mindset than Analyce and Ovi.

In any event, I really think they need to stop adding HGs so young. 

• Love 5
(edited)

One big surprise gleaned from the Wikipedia pages: Tommy and Christie (who had that relationship with Tommy's aunt) are the same age, 28. Just by the way they carry themselves, I had Christie pegged as a decade or so older than Tommy.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
Because "then" and "than" are different words
  • Love 8

Kemi just told Bella that it was interesting how at the beginning of the season the showmances were Jack and Christie and Kat and Jackson.  If there was ever a showmance between Jack and Christie it had to have been before the feeds turned on.  But even then, it's hard to reconcile that Christie and Jack ever had a showmance considering her "I like girls" proclamations.

• Love 3

Analyse told Holly that she's not worried about Jess, Nicole, or Cliff but that Sam, Nick, and Bella terrify her.  Holly also mentioned that she didn't really think Jackson was cute in the beginning but now she thinks he's adorable.  Barf.

• Love 1

For the record, can I just say how much it annoys me that the "cool kids" all say that Analyse is so sweet.  Maybe if she's on your side I guess. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

For the record, can I just say how much it annoys me that the "cool kids" all say that Analyse is so sweet.  Maybe if she's on your side I guess. 

Yeah, I don't really get why people are so obsessed with AnalySis. She seems so...dull. Her one setting is "HOT", whether about herself or about another guy. I haven't seen anything from her, personality wise. I don't even really know who she is.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I don't really get why people are so obsessed with AnalySis. She seems so...dull. Her one setting is "HOT", whether about herself or about another guy. I haven't seen anything from her, personality wise. I don't even really know who she is.

She's very bland.  There's just not really anything interesting about her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Christie and HollyBeth, stop killing the drama!

I meant to ask, is Beth really her middle name or did they just make that up for some reason? Not that it really matters. Just seemed kinda random.

1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I meant to ask, is Beth really her middle name or did they just make that up for some reason? Not that it really matters. Just seemed kinda random.

David called Holly "Beth" on the first night when he came back into the house because he forgot her name. 

The BB Internet has now made a joke about it. I've kind of taken to it since I hate Holly since she joined in on the trash talking with David/Kemi. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

She's very bland.  There's just not really anything interesting about her.

I think that's also part of the "casting too darn young" deal. Don't get me wrong, Haleigh handled herself well last season and Bella is fine enough, but in general, most people don't really start leading interesting lives until they're out of college. That's when they should be getting cast on reality shows. Not just when her defining characteristic is "hot girl who played college soccer."

1 minute ago, vb68 said:

It's a joke about David messing up and calling her Beth earlier, and we're having some fun with how forgettable she is that one of her own fellow HGs didn't remember her name.

• Love 3

Gosh I'm so glad that Jack makes Analyse nervous (not in the game sense).  He told her that if he didn't, what would be the point?  He said they both make each other nervous and that's a good thing.  I just keep thinking back to how Analyse told Nick that she felt like she couldn't be herself around Jack.  Always a good sign.  Also before she left the HOH room, she kind of gave him a hug while straddling him.  But not even a kiss was shared, which seemed a little odd if they're so meant to be for each other.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Gosh I'm so glad that Jack makes Analyse nervous (not in the game sense).  He told her that if he didn't, what would be the point?  He said they both make each other nervous and that's a good thing.  I just keep thinking back to how Analyse told Nick that she felt like she couldn't be herself around Jack.  Always a good sign.  Also before she left the HOH room, she kind of gave him a hug while straddling him.  But not even a kiss was shared, which seemed a little odd if they're so meant to be for each other.

You know, I'd say that they have no chance of lasting outside of this house because of this....but how many couples show absolutely no chemistry in the house and then stick together outside for far too long? Fessy/Haleigh, Mark/Elena, Raven/Matt, James/Natalie, just to name four more recent showmances. 

I think the showmances that have hooked up so far aren't looking to get together romantically but merely just to have sex. Jackson/Kat didn't end up going anywhere. Analyse/Jack seemed to only satisfy their sexual needs. Bella/Nick could have been a legit showmance if Nick wasn't head over heels attracted to Analyse. And then Jackson/HollyBeth are likely to hook up next but they don't seem to actually like each other either.

• Love 1

The funny thing about this seasons showmance is that none of them seem in to each other. They are all just there. Hopefully, the brunette with Jack will get the 411 on him when she leaves the house. I’m sure her parents are thrilled that she’s getting so close to that gross person. He really is the worst. 

• Love 4
On 7/6/2019 at 1:47 PM, zorak said:

Christie is telling Jack how Analyse really comes out of her shell when it's just Analyse, Christie, and Holly.  Jack says he's interested to see what her DRs are like at the end of the season.  Christie says she thinks from the little bit they've been able to discuss that Analyse's DRs are probably funny.  They clearly have no clue that some viewers don't even realize Analyse is in the house.  Analyse seems a little more self aware about how she's coming across than they do.

Christie cant see that Jackson is a huge douchebag but she just loves him GAG. Even said she thought he would be a douchebag but hes not UH yeah he is Christie do you not see how hes had 2 women on a string?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zorak said:

I have a feeling Analyse is one of those girls whose "hotness" has made it unnecessary to develop things like a personality. She just has to wear a bikini and that's enough. 

She seems to have absolutely no plan on how she's going to win the game. I'm not even sure she's aware that this is a game. I feel like she thinks of this is a summer for hooking up with hot guys.

As for the age thing, I agree. A good example is Dani Donato. Season 8 she was a total brat. Season 13 she was much more mature. Now she's married with a kid and I'd love to see her play again. However there have been very young HG's who have been good at the game. Steve was only 22. Paul (and I HATE him) knew how to play the game and he was also only 22.

And last year I thought Haleigh was much more mature than most of the cast.

• Love 10
On 7/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, BK1978 said:

Why do people say this every single year?  Maybe someone with a better memory than me can answer, has there ever been an alliance that has dominated like that?  Where they won week after week?

Bomb Squad/Detanators in Season 16 comes to mind 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Paul (and I HATE him) knew how to play the game and he was also only 22.

True, it's fair to say that Paul would be awful at any age. That is not a dude that is going to mature as he gets older. 

• Love 10