Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: AKA The Perfect Burger

It is the beginning of the end!

Not surprised that Jessica is her normal isolated self, who has distant herself from Trish after everything that went down last season.  But now she knows that Trish is out and about trying to be a hero, so I'm sure that will change a few things.

Not sure how Jeri and Malcolm's storylines will connect to everything, but I'm sure they'll eventually factor in.

Dorothy continues to be the worst.

Lets see how long Jessica's new boy-toy will last!

So I guess one of the big mysterious this season will be who stabbed Jessica?!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Lets see how long Jessica's new boy-toy will last!

I feel like Jessica and Dexter Morgan would make a good couple.  Both are detached, don't want to get close, but have their own things to do and will help each other when necessary.

• Love 4

Bad Hogarth! Completely unfair to ask Jessica to decide when you should die if you are still capable of both thinking and conveying those thoughts. That is murder. Now, if you ask her to prepare your cocktail after telling her you're ready, that's one thing. As is asking her to do it once you are incapable of doing it yourself. But not telling her to mix the cocktail when you think I'm at the point where I want to die, but don't tell me you're doing it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed the episode and it was a nice start to Season 3 after last season.  I enjoyed the bit with Jessica and the father on the beach.  I was glad what Malcolm did that drunk player.  Wasn't expecting her to be stabbed at the end.  Definitely a good start.

Edited by benteen

I'm glad the show is back! However, I found the first episode a little boring, and I hated the love interest guy. He was just so smarmy and full of himself. Jessica can do better. 

• Love 1

I wondered what happened to the guy from the end of season two. That was his son, right?

Loved and expected the bit on the beach. Loved her throwing out Trish's mother. 

• Love 3

I could watch Jessica tell Dorothy to fuck off a million times and it would never get old. 

So ends the Netflix arm of the MCU, its the end of a very specific part of the era. Its still too bad how things went down, I think there was more to do and a lot more stories I wanted closure on. 

Trish running around beating people up seems like its going to end quite badly, I hope she and Jess dont spend the whole season on the outs. Things are certainly bad for them though, what with Trish murdering Jesses mother and all that.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Isn't Jessica invincible? How'd she get stabbed?? 

Jessica is durable not invincible. She heals faster than an average human. She has super strength and flight, which Netflix changed to jumping really high. Luke Cage is the invincible one. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I wanted to see that burger! 

I do hope that Jessica and Trish will reconcile. 

What are Trish's powers? Agility? Because Jessica still threw her into the other room. 

Edited by ganesh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I take it the new guy will turn out to be someone right? Right? I know I started this one a little late. His wager with Jessica about the guys in the bar, was he using an ability, right? Right? Or is what is too obviously obvious... too obvious?

Loved getting back into the show, even if this episode was mostly setup.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

I was glad that Malcolm was already showing signs of regretting his new job. Instead of helping people who actually need help, he's cleaning up after rich, out of control celebrities. As he said, he's an investigator, not a fixer. But daaaaaamn, after that little come to Jesus talk from Jeri, he figured out how he could live with what he was doing.  Although I wasn't fond of Malcolm working for Jeri, I still have to thank the show for that plot because it gave us Malcolm looking hot in a suit.

Part of me felt for Jeri because obviously ASL is a terrible thing to deal with. But the other part of me was as mad as Jessica was. I am fine with Jeri wanting to end her life before the disease gets really bad, but if that's what she wants then she should do it herself, not ask Jessica to do it for her, especially since she isn't going to give her any kind of criteria to determine if it's time to end things beyond "use your best judgment." FFS.

If you're going to ask someone to end your life, at least come up with some more concrete factors. Then again, this is the same person who asked her assistant to make a donation and then put the address of the benefit in her calendar and then just sat back and watched her do it. If you have time to watch a subordinate enter your credit number and then copy and paste an address, then you have time to do it yourself.

Ugh, burger guy has only been around for all of like five minutes and he's already annoying me with his obnoxious attitude.

Trish can suck it. Her whole "no one needs you to be a hero" speech to Jessica just annoyed me even more. It's obvious that she's always been jealous of Jessica's powers and now that she has some, she thinks that she's better than Jessica.

I did love all of Jessica's scenes with Trish's mom though, from slamming the door in her face and immediately rescinding her previous hatred of the sofa out of spite to getting Trish's password on the first try and throwing her out of Trish's apartment. Dorothy deserves all that and more, so keep up the good work, Jessica!

• Love 3