Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Chapter Ninety-Three

After Rafael witnesses Mateo's behavior at school, he wants to take a different approach to his treatment. Rogelio is paranoid that River is plotting her revenge against him. Meanwhile, Jane convinces Petra to go on a single ladies' night out after she learns that Rafael is dating.

Promo:

Original air date: 6/12/19

So happy that the show wasn't replaced by baseball for once!

giphy.gif

I, for one, am happy to see Jane and Raf get back together. I worried when they started the musical number that it was all in her head and it would turn out to be that Rafael was just wanting permission to introduce Julie to Mateo. When they flashed back the two of them after the number was done and they were still kissing, I had a big smile on my face.

Jane really was trying to move on and get over him, even denying that there was anything between the two of them to Julie so that he could date someone who seemed great and he seemed to like. Too bad he wasn't into Julie at all. Let's face it, Jane is his lobster.

Petra and Jane at the bar was great. I have been known to talk about my grandchildren to stop talkative guys at karaoke. I'm only 45 so they expect me to talk about kids - apparently grandkids are a dealbreaker lol. Hard to believe that five years ago these two hated each other.

Did not see Krishna being Milos's partner in crime - I honestly thought that Petra and Krishna would end up sleeping together and Petra would realize the right person for her had been in front of her all along.

• Love 13
(edited)

I'm so happy, y'all. You either love, hate or indifferent about Jane's fantasies. I like them. I've always wanted this series to do at least one musical fantasy. And they did! I loved the call back to the 1x06 kiss. Full circle moment. Alba has always been team Rafael. I love it when J/R dance. OTH and JTV. God is real. 🙏 There are other things that happened in the episode and I have thoughts on those things but I won't post 'em this time. I just so happy tonight! 💖💖💖

Edited by Simba122504
Missing words
  • Love 3

Considering Jane and Raf were always inevitable, I am happy that they finally officially got back together and we wont have to have a million other random side characters for them to date until they realize their love for each other. If I just ignore the whole Michael debacle, I can be happy for them, and since the show and characters have forgotten he exists, I guess thats what I need to do. I mean, when Mateo showed up, it was clear right away that this show felt like Jane needed to be with her baby daddy and that was the "real" family we were supposed to have been rooting for all alone, with bio mom, bio dad, and their accidental baby.

Their dance was cute, especially with the side characters all showing up "I knew I got a vibe" and I liked them using the dance from Mateos school, that was cute. Mateo clearly does need something stronger than exercise and meditation, especially at such a young age. He seems to have pretty severe ADD so I am glad Jane and Raf are on the same side now on getting him the help he needs.

• Love 2

Rafael and Jane are back together and I am glad they did not drag this out with them dating other people while still making 😍 eyes at each other.

Tad disappointed Krishna is plotting against Petra. However, Petra really should have been wary of her no matter how good an assistant she is.

Speaking of Petra her and Jane's friendship this season has been great. 

• Love 2

tennisgurl:
Mateo clearly does need something stronger than exercise and meditation, especially at such a young age. He seems to have pretty severe ADD so I am glad Jane and Raf are on the same side now on getting him the help he needs.

I will be severely disappointed if Mateo's ADD suddenly goes away because Jane and Raf are back together, as if that is THE reason he is such a damaged little boy.  They have been working together, very friendly and cooperative, for weeks to help him and he has only gotten worse.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Did not see Krishna being Milos's partner in crime - I honestly thought that Petra and Krishna would end up sleeping together and Petra would realize the right person for her had been in front of her all along.

Thats totally what I thought was going to happen too! I am actually sad that Krishna is working with Milos. While I get that Petra was awful to her, she is really trying to be better, and Petra does not have that many people in her life she can depend on. 

Except for Jane of course! Their friendship has been the highlight of the whole season for me, the two of them have come so far and I love their fun supportive dynamic this season. Even when they fight, I can still feel the lobe between them.

• Love 5

I’m really glad they didn’t drag out the Jane and Rafael drama until the last episode. I was starting to get pissed off at Rafael for his hypocrisy towards Jane. He was recommitting to Petra and then suddenly decided to get back with Jane and then quickly got back into the dating pool, all while being angry that Jane was confused that her dead husband returned.

Now we can focus on resolving the bad guys and getting happy endings for Xiomara and Petra...and Luisa.

I never really cared one way or another about Jane's love life but I'm sort of sad to not see more Petra and Jane going on the prowl together because Petra and Jane make me happy.  

I wonder what Xo's thing will be.

Even in this episode when Jane and Rafael got back together, the writers still did a couple of their infamous Jafael foreshadowings, like Jane checking dating ap and saying "Maybe it's a first match? No, it's just Rafael" and the bench kiss scene paralleling the scene from their "first" kiss, but this time Rafael is on the right side of the frame, not the left.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I think Krishna teaming with Milos is a double cross. It's too simple to have her be in league with him. This is purely my guess and not based on any spoilers or anything. 

I hope that's the case. I'm tired of betrayals.

Meh on Jane and Rafael's reconciliation. It felt as flat as their break up. As I was watching I thought that because the whole thing was so forced (I mean the break up and them not getting back together, etc) they had to come up with a whole dance number to try to make it epic, instead of it being epic on its own because the story was good. The bit with Alba saying that she was team Rafael and her team won was just... mean.

This season continues to be such an epic fail, it's been quite shocking. Its only saving grace has been Jane and Petra's relationship, which I imagine will get sidelined now.

• Love 3

I was rewatching some old episodes of JTV tonight, specifically season 2 when Jane and Michael get back together, and the Narrator said “she had the most romantic night of her entire life.”  

Just made me miss the good old days. 

• Love 1

Mateo’s mom shops at Old Navy 🤣.   I always laugh because I swear my son has the exact same wardrobe.   At least I can relate to Jane on that level, me and her are Target / ON sisters!  

I love musicals so I thought the end was cute.

I hope this is the end of the relationship woes with Jane. We're halfway through the final season and I didn't want to see Jane stuck in a love triangle that got resolved in the last episode. Hopefully this means no more relationship drama with Jane and Rafael for the rest of the season.

And on a shallow note, I'm glad Sophia Bush didn't stick around because her voice drives me crazy (and not in a good way).

I LOVE Jane and Petra's friendship. It wasn't so long ago that Petra got prickly every time Jane showed up at her office. Now Jane pops in for single lady talk and Petra welcomes it. Seeing them out at the bar together was so fun!

11 hours ago, natyxg said:

The bit with Alba saying that she was team Rafael and her team won was just... mean.

And the only reason that Alba was initially Team Rafael was because he was the father of Jane's baby even though neither he or Jane planned it. Alba thought that Jane should be with the father of her child regardless of everything else.

• Love 3

Happy they didn’t drag out the Jane/Raf thing. I have soooo many questions about this Mateo storyline. Are we supposed to believe that Jane didn’t go observe Mateo in class at any time since the teacher alerted them to the issue. She’s the prime example of a helicopter parent. It just seemed like a sloppy mistake by writers. Especially since she is the first one to come to his defense when he does act out. Idk maybe I just need to stop expecting continuity with this show lol 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:13 PM, buckboard said:

tennisgurl:
Mateo clearly does need something stronger than exercise and meditation, especially at such a young age. He seems to have pretty severe ADD so I am glad Jane and Raf are on the same side now on getting him the help he needs.

I will be severely disappointed if Mateo's ADD suddenly goes away because Jane and Raf are back together, as if that is THE reason he is such a damaged little boy.  They have been working together, very friendly and cooperative, for weeks to help him and he has only gotten worse.

I seriously doubt it will. J/R will continue to work with him. I mean Mateo loves when his parents are together romantically but it cannot cure something like that.  I doubt this series would ever go there.  

6 minutes ago, Simba122504 said:

I seriously doubt it will. J/R will continue to work with him. I mean Mateo loves when his parents are together romantically but it cannot cure something like that.  I doubt this series would ever go there.  

They did put Rafael on medication for depression and barely went into it other than to have Rafael use it as an example of why he's not against meds.

The description for the next episode is out and

Spoiler

Mateo's treatment is mentioned so it doesn't sound like they're dropping it.

I thought I was going to hate the musical number once I realized where they were going (the redo of their second first kiss was enough) but the lyrics amused me. 

It’s been a slog to get through this season.  The last couple if we’re being honest.

Jane bouncing back and forth between the two guys, what is the point?

Then the unending criminal plot.  Show got off to a great start but ran out of ideas so hence the repetitive stories?

Understandable that people involved with the show wants to make money so they want it on the air for a certain amount of seasons.  But didn’t we learn pretty much everything we needed to learn about these characters and especially their repetitive behavior after 2 or 3 seasons?

• Love 3
On 6/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, cmahorror said:

Let's face it, Jane is his lobster.

Petra and Jane at the bar was great. Hard to believe that five years ago these two hated each other.

I SAID THE SAME THING OUT LOUD ABOUT JANE AND RAF BEING LOBSTERS! #friendsforever

I just absolutely adore what they have done with the relationship between Petra and Jane. The two women are so different from one another and yet are just the perfect friend couple. Love love love.

I was thinking along the same lines as you about Krishna. But then I started thinking... What if Krishna and Petra are working together to get Milos? Or perhaps Krishna is working on her own to get Milos to not sell, or even better, sell her the shares ...

• Love 2