Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: A Double Shot Of Brandi

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So I have a whacked out, completely unscientific theory that every generation of American women have particular ways of hiding disordered eating in plain sight. For the greatest generation I think it’s just drinking instead of eating (Betty Draper and her martinis), for Baby Boomers it’s all about splitting food (my mom and her friends are forever ordering “family/commune” style that really just means 5 women split one plate of pasta), for Gen X it’s the When Harry Met Sally thing of everything on the side. Super complicated orders under these guise of being a picky or discerning eater (Kyle does this. Her orders take FOREVER).  For Millennials and Gen Z (right now until Gen Z finds its own thing. Don’t do it! Break the cycle, Gen Z! Just eat and get a little chubby.) it’s all about allergies and food sensitivity and “medical” issues. I could go in about why each style of eating married with each generation, but that’s for a different forum. In any case, It was really interesting to watch a couple of generations of disordered eating play out at that dinner.  

This is so interesting, I LOVE it!!!! So true....I just decided to stop the insanity and be a chub chub. 😃

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Whoa the  Rinna fam dinner was uncomfortable as heck to watch!  I wish they hadn't featured Amelia this season she is a minor and in the throes of an eating disorder.  It was always a bad look how Amelia was launched into modeling on Delilah's heels and the attempt to make them a Gigi/Bella Hadid style success.  Gee who could have predicted that Amelia would not make it as a model?  I also think of how Rinna is or was besties with Cindy Crawford (who has a vacation house in Canada by the Hamlins) and how her teen model daughter has become scary thin.   

Aaron has grown on me.  He seems like a decent dude. 

I don't know what to feel sadder about, Kyles TV show American Woman being canceled, or the Kyle boutique closing.   Oh I know, I could care less about either thing! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

If that's how Rinna's family interacts when they are being filmed can you even begin to imagine what goes on when they are alone with each other?

Eating disorder, schmeating disorder. Rinna's spawn are mean-spirited little harpies, just like her. I think that's exactly what Harry meant when he told Rinna it was all her fault. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 6/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Ack! That's seriously scary. Do you remember what surgical procedure she had done?

In terms of Botox and Fillers, I think it should be required that doctors use other methods when injecting.

You know how when you go to the eye doctor and you have to rest your chin in that contraption before the doctor starts fiddling around with the gadgets to look at your eyes? They should use something like this for botox and fillers. I don't know anyone that has ever gotten injections in real life, I've only seen it on TV shows - but the doctor is never standing straight in front of the patient - they are always on the side. They should have this sort of contraption, even if it is made adjustable so that it is over the patients face while she's in a reclining position.

No wonder all of these women look lopsided or get the one eye is bigger than the other eye look.

You can't make anything symmetrically appealing when you're shooting from the side.

You can't lay down when you get Botox, and you're not supposed to lay down for many hours after you get Botox, either. There's a reason everyone is sitting straight up. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

For some reason though, Harry doesn't strike me as the disciplinarian type either. 

I wonder if Harry distanced himself from all of that because his efforts were fruitless.  The way they treated him and Rinna's lack of being appalled at their behavior leads me to believe that he checked out of this mess a long time ago.  If I was trying to row the boat in a different direction with that kind of resistance, then I'd walk away too. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 12
48 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I wonder if Harry distanced himself from all of that because his efforts were fruitless.  The way they treated him and Rinna's lack of being appalled at their behavior leads me to believe that he checked out of this mess a long time ago.  If I was trying to row the boat in a different direction with that kind of resistance, then I'd walk away too. 

I've seen just one snippet of the Kardashian show years ago.   It involved Caitlyn Jenner.  At the time she was "Bruce"*.

They were so rude and dismissive of Catlyn.  As if her opinions of dynamics in the family didn't matter.  Ever.  At any time. 

I got the same vibe from the Hamlin family dinner.  It's like Harry Hamlin only matters in name only.

*I realize that it was "Bruce" at that time in their life, but she is now Caitlyn.  I'm never really sure what is respectful so I try to err on going with what they want in the now vs. the past.  If I messed that up, it's from ignorance.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, FreetheGirlses said:

You can't lay down when you get Botox, and you're not supposed to lay down for many hours after you get Botox, either. There's a reason everyone is sitting straight up. 

I said reclining not laying down flat.

Whenever I have seen these women - so let's say LVP in an earlier episode when she went with Kyle - she is in a chair with her head angled up similar to being at the dentist. She isn't sitting at a 90 degree angle to the chair. The doctor in that scene was off to the side.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I honestly don't care who stays and who goes. I guess if I had to nominate somebody for the ax, my first candidate would be Teddi. Agree that she's both annoying and boring.  I don't know if Bravo was counting on appearances from JCM and Meg Ryan or what, but casting Teddi hasn't worked. She's too young for starters. 

Of them all, I see Erica as leaving voluntarily. Since she doesn't let the grass grow under her feet, if a better opportunity comes along ... she's GONE!  Or ... Daddy Bucks dumps her for good and she no longer has quite the opulent lifestyle and has to give up her vanity project ... no more story lines.

Bravo will have to pry the diamond out of Kyle's cold dead hand before she goes anywhere.

If Denise isn't going to have anything more interesting to contribute than her potty mouth, then no need to renew her for another season.

I dislike Dorit, but she and Pee-KAY make for good comedy/hate watching.

I just laugh at Lisa Rinna. Poor thing tries SO HARD. After seeing that slice of her home life, I'd act out too, by stirring shit and trying to stay "relevant."  A tiny part of me questions how "authentic" that family dinner really was. As others have pointed out, LR and HH are actors. While I don't doubt that those daughters have serious problems and are petulant and spoiled, I can also see it as LR encouraging it as an "opportunity" to either hone their "acting" skills or convey a poorly-executed awareness of ED.

I like LVP, but in small doses. I am able to tolerate her best in situations when she's away from none (or most) of the other women and is focused on charitable causes. I can't stand Ken and it annoys me no end how they drag those dogs everywhere like accessories. (I know they love their animals something fierce, but still ... ) I also think that moat in front of their house looks disgusting half the time and the entrance to their house reminds me of a hotel or fancy department store. It's sure nice inside, though!

What I have noticed the past few weeks, is that I feel more relaxed watching the show without LVP. I don't know how to explain it. I don't know if I was picking up on how tense the other cast members felt around her or what. Whether Lisa stays or leaves doesn't matter to me. Regardless, I wish her the best. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

I honestly don't care who stays and who goes. I guess if I had to nominate somebody for the ax, my first candidate would be Teddi. Agree that she's both annoying and boring.  I don't know if Bravo was counting on appearances from JCM and Meg Ryan or what, but casting Teddi hasn't worked. She's too young for starters. 

Of them all, I see Erica as leaving voluntarily. Since she doesn't let the grass grow under her feet, if a better opportunity comes along ... she's GONE!  Or ... Daddy Bucks dumps her for good and she no longer has quite the opulent lifestyle and has to give up her vanity project ... no more story lines.

Bravo will have to pry the diamond out of Kyle's cold dead hand before she goes anywhere.

If Denise isn't going to have anything more interesting to contribute than her potty mouth, then no need to renew her for another season.

I dislike Dorit, but she and Pee-KAY make for good comedy/hate watching.

I just laugh at Lisa Rinna. Poor thing tries SO HARD. After seeing that slice of her home life, I'd act out too, by stirring shit and trying to stay "relevant."  A tiny part of me questions how "authentic" that family dinner really was. As others have pointed out, LR and HH are actors. While I don't doubt that those daughters have serious problems and are petulant and spoiled, I can also see it as LR encouraging it as an "opportunity" to either hone their "acting" skills or convey a poorly-executed awareness of ED.

I like LVP, but in small doses. I am able to tolerate her best in situations when she's away from none (or most) of the other women and is focused on charitable causes. I can't stand Ken and it annoys me no end how they drag those dogs everywhere like accessories. (I know they love their animals something fierce, but still ... ) I also think that moat in front of their house looks disgusting half the time and the entrance to their house reminds me of a hotel or fancy department store. It's sure nice inside, though!

What I have noticed the past few weeks, is that I feel more relaxed watching the show without LVP. I don't know how to explain it. I don't know if I was picking up on how tense the other cast members felt around her or what. Whether Lisa stays or leaves doesn't matter to me. Regardless, I wish her the best. 

I used to like Teddi, but she has become kinda stale. Feeling "meh" as to whether she stays or goes. As for Denise, kinda the same. She's trying to shock people with her sex talk and potty mouth and it doesn't work. She's trying too hard.

LVP: I, too, feel more relaxed watching this without her in it as much. You put your finger right on it. If she left, I probably wouldn't really notice. 

I was unaware one of Rinna's daughters suffered from anorexia. It's a terrible disease, I had it myself. It's always there, waiting to re-emerge. If I could say anything to the family, tough love and anger doesn't work, supportive and unconditional love does. 

WTF has Brandi done to her face? She used to be stunning. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3

After witnessing that convo between Denise and Brandi, I needed a massive dose of brain bleach and ... a shower.  Between the cursing, sex talk and watching their Botoxed faces trying to move ... ugh. Agreed. Brandi looks awful.  A combination of bad cosmetic surgery plus the ravages of alcohol and whatever else she consumes on a regular basis. That's hell on your skin.

I am sorry to hear about your struggles, TurtlePower. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

What I have noticed the past few weeks, is that I feel more relaxed watching the show without LVP.

I'm more aggravated, and that's why I FF most of it.  The constant put-downs of LVP wore thin  with me many episodes ago.  Rinna & EJ jumped into an argument that had nothing to do with them.  They weren't privy to the initial discussion of the issue, but they continue to badmouth LVP in almost every TH they have.  I don't like to see a piling on of any individual, whether I like them or not.  These women need something more interesting to talk about.  All they've got now is patting their puss with EJ while discussing Aaron's huge ding-dong.  Pfftt. 

• Love 15
On 6/4/2019 at 8:20 PM, Straycat80 said:

I think Harry is right blaming Lisa for Amelia’s eating disorder. Wasn’t she pushing that kid to be a model? And Lisa is skinny too, I wouldn’t be surprised if she had an eating disorder too. 

I think Rinna has disordered eating but perhaps not a full on eating disorder.  In any case, that whole scene was uncomfortable and I don't think it's a great idea to be playing that out on tv.  Amelia clearly needs treatment and I hope they get it for her and give her the time and privacy needed to get herself back to a healthy place.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:26 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Wow...you can totally see the Topik on Kyle

For all the money Kyle spends on random shit, how is this the hair solution she has arrived at?  I really don't get it.  I know she is clearly struggling with her hair and that it has to be a new thing for her, but she has money and access to people who KNOW what to do.  Yet she's opting for strange "solutions" rather than testing stuff on video and in photos before going "live" with it on the show.  It's totally obvious she's trying to cover something up.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:08 PM, bravofan27 said:

Camille is fine. She was a beautiful dancer, she lost her looks, has no personality to speak of, and got very very bitter. All she has now are her children and once they are past 18 she might be in the same boat as Sonja. 

I don't think Camille will be in Sonja's position.  Camille is a lot smarter than Sonja, she took Kelsey and got his ass cleaned up and off of drugs.  She also was instrumental in helping him go from being broke when they met (due to his addictions), to being worth $60M at the time they split.  She got $30M in the divorce and she's not likely to commit the fraud that Sonja did.  

On 6/4/2019 at 10:03 PM, njbchlover said:

So, since Camille and LVP aren't going to be in Provence, from the preview for next week, it looks like Teddi goes after Rinna??  As much as I'll enjoy that, I'm really, really getting fed up with Teddi, who seems to always has an ax to grind with someone.  

What is that saying? If you encounter an asshole in the morning, they are an asshole.  If you encounter another in the afternoon, maybe it's them.  If you encounter them all day, then you're the asshole?  I kind of think Teddi needs to consider that she's the asshole at this point.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:45 AM, Miss Slay said:

Neither of Lisa's children need to be models. I don't know much about the modeling industry but I used to watch that Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency show and she would always turn away the girls who wanted to model before they graduated from high school. I completely agree with this philosophy and think Rinna's youngest daughter would be better served by just being a high school student.

I'm confused by Kyle. If she was my bridesmaid, I'd expect her to stick up for me a little more during the group conversation.

Janice Dickinson had some pretty negative experiences in her life so I'm not surprised that she has a stance like that.  She's pretty out there, but that's a respectable stand to take.  

I don't know why anyone would expect Kyle to stick up for them, though.  Friendship for Kyle is a one-way street.  You get dumped on for not having her back enough and then she talks shit about you whenever she wants with whomever she wants and she tells you about it to your face "Because I'm your friend and I have to be honest!" 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:12 AM, LemonSoda said:

I think they thought both stores plus their online store would become more successful than they were. I remember reading they lost a lot financially from the endeavor. Harry was heavily invested. He created the website himself, did some of the shelving and manual labor things. There were funny stories about surprised shoppers seeing him cleaning the windows. I'm not a Rinna fan but they both seemed to be very hands on with it unlike many other celeb boutiques and brands.

I went to the Sherman Oaks location. It was a cute boutique. From what I remember it was nice but they were selling basically the same exact things all the other LA and LA area boutiques were selling at the same prices. The same tees and dresses that Intuition, Kitson, Lisa Kline and all the other places were selling. They also had their own brand tees, tanks and sweatpants. Who wants to walk around with Belle Gray on their booty? 

Rinna and Harry were both stars, but weren't they primarily tv people? They have both worked steadily for a long time, but neither have had major hits where they would have raked in money.  Harry's prime tv stuff was prior to the days of massive paydays on shows like Friends and Frasier and Rinna has always been a soap person.  She had Melrose Place for a while and also the Soapnet talk show, but I can see how they were also using the stores to supplement their income.  

On 6/5/2019 at 5:26 AM, Kiki777 said:

So much in agreement here!  I could see Kyle's fillings, and an old movie quote popped into my head - Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins saying 'Close your mouth Michael.  You look like a codfish.'  I wonder if such tragedies give anxiety-ridden Kyle a sense of perspective.  Probably not.

When I saw this scene all I could think was "All that money you spent on the new teeth and you didn't replace the fillings with composite?"

On 6/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, Jel said:

While these bishes were vacationing, Lisa Vanderpump was organizing and delivering relief efforts.

But yeah, she's a horrible person. 

Wouldn't it have been really awesome if they had all canceled their trip and stayed to do some relief work? I can't imagine that Bravo would have lost their shit if they'd postponed for that.  Inviting Denise and Camille to stay with them, going shopping to help get supplies for people, etc.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:55 AM, KungFuBunny said:

When they showed a shot of the outside of her house - I thought mudslide - eek!

Every time I see her house I'm baffled by the desire to live there.  I know that everyone has a tendency to kind of blow off the natural disasters that can happen in your area, I mean I lived for years in an area that was extremely prone to hurricanes and would get friends and family flipping out each year as storms came through and I'd shrug and be like, "eh, we're fine, I'm watching the weather channel"  But that house and earthquakes? You can't predict those! One day you're just standing there making eggs, and then the ground moves and a house that's totally built on the ground can fall down! One that is only half built on the ground? That doesn't seem safe!

On 6/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, Giselle said:

Anyone notice that Delilah didn't deny using 5 pieces of cheese on a grilled cheese sandwich! You go girl!

But then how did Amelia know there were five pieces of cheese?

I'm stuck on who has only 5 pieces of cheese in the house? It seemed like Harry specifically bought just 5 pieces.  On any given day, I have like 5 KINDS of cheese.  Let alone 5 pieces for cheeseburgers.

On 6/5/2019 at 3:16 PM, KungFuBunny said:

You know how when you go to the eye doctor and you have to rest your chin in that contraption before the doctor starts fiddling around with the gadgets to look at your eyes? They should use something like this for botox and fillers. I don't know anyone that has ever gotten injections in real life, I've only seen it on TV shows - but the doctor is never standing straight in front of the patient - they are always on the side. They should have this sort of contraption, even if it is made adjustable so that it is over the patients face while she's in a reclining position.

I have gotten botox (for migraines), and it has always been done with me sitting in a chair or at the end of the exam table, completely upright.  The dr stands directly in front of where he is injecting (if you get it for migraines you get like 32 shots all over your head).  I do think that people need to be picky about who they have do the injections, as I know some people get it done at salons, which I would never do.  Mine was done by a neurologist, but I'd also trust a dermatologist.  There are a lot of people (and, sadly I could see Brandi potentially not going to an actual dr), who will go somewhere and have it done based on price rather than the experience/knowledge of the person who is doing it.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:56 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

There is this really good documentary called Advanced Style about women in their 70s (and 80s!) who are total fashion mavens, and they don't do the trends.  They do the opposite--sometimes cultivating an outfit for decades.  That's much cooler to me.

This documentary was amazing!

On 6/6/2019 at 12:25 AM, LemonSoda said:

This was my thought too! Say what you want about LVP but she is a wealth of information on France, entertaining, dining. Back in the TWOP days a poster went to Villa Blanca and met her. She mentioned an upcoming vacation to the south of France and LVP wrote down a list of places to visit, the recommendations turned out to be wonderful. 

I would love this list!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, smores said:

Janice Dickinson had some pretty negative experiences in her life so I'm not surprised that she has a stance like that.  She's pretty out there, but that's a respectable stand to take.  

Rinna and Harry were both stars, but weren't they primarily tv people? They have both worked steadily for a long time, but neither have had major hits where they would have raked in money.  Harry's prime tv stuff was prior to the days of massive paydays on shows like Friends and Frasier and Rinna has always been a soap person.  She had Melrose Place for a while and also the Soapnet talk show, but I can see how they were also using the stores to supplement their income.  

When I saw this scene all I could think was "All that money you spent on the new teeth and you didn't replace the fillings with composite?"

Wouldn't it have been really awesome if they had all canceled their trip and stayed to do some relief work? I can't imagine that Bravo would have lost their shit if they'd postponed for that.  Inviting Denise and Camille to stay with them, going shopping to help get supplies for people, etc.

I'm stuck on who has only 5 pieces of cheese in the house? It seemed like Harry specifically bought just 5 pieces.  On any given day, I have like 5 KINDS of cheese.  Let alone 5 pieces for cheeseburgers.

I have gotten botox (for migraines), and it has always been done with me sitting in a chair or at the end of the exam table, completely upright.  The dr stands directly in front of where he is injecting (if you get it for migraines you get like 32 shots all over your head).  I do think that people need to be picky about who they have do the injections, as I know some people get it done at salons, which I would never do.  Mine was done by a neurologist, but I'd also trust a dermatologist.  There are a lot of people (and, sadly I could see Brandi potentially not going to an actual dr), who will go somewhere and have it done based on price rather than the experience/knowledge of the person who is doing it.

I would love this list!

My iPad is quoting wonky sorry! 

Janice is a mess but a very wise mess. I recommend her books. 

Thats exactly it. Even with the tv heartthrob back in the day status Harry was and is a well known, working actor. He was paid well but money only lasts so long and as you said that was prior to the huge paydays. Rinna too. Even with Melrose place I'm sure she wasn't making millions. Give or take a few years and their stores might have been more successful. I can see why she's always hustling. Careers have a shelf life so I don't blame her or anyone in any profession for branching out, finding new ways to make income. I do have to say I really love their home. It's not House Porn like some of the others but it looks cozy with good outdoor space.

I wish that had happened! It would've been nice to see the cast help out like that. 

My first thought about the cheese was perhaps it was purchased it that way? I've seen other shoppers in the deli purchase simply what they need for a specific recipe. Six slices of tillamook cheddar, five slices of honey ham. It's weird to me but I guess it reduces waste for some.

I need to look in to Botox for my migraines! 

Me too! The poster said they told the restaurant Lisa Vanderpump sent them, the owner came over to say hi, treated them like royalty. 

I loved Lisa's book. I think the whole real housewives thing might hold it back but it's a great book full of useful recipes, entertaining tips. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, smores said:

I think Rinna has disordered eating but perhaps not a full on eating disorder.  In any case, that whole scene was uncomfortable and I don't think it's a great idea to be playing that out on tv.  Amelia clearly needs treatment and I hope they get it for her and give her the time and privacy needed to get herself back to a healthy place.

Agreed. Rinna is very thin but does not appear starved or unhealthy. I'm willing to bet, however, her minimalist eating had an affect on Amelia. The thing is, people don't just "get" anorexia. TV shows like "Intervention" like to throw it in with the addictions, but it is a psychiatric disorder, a mental illness that disguises itself as many things. 

I really hope treatment centers have improved because when I went, the "professionals" were surprisingly out of touch with how our brains work. All that schooling and they still didn't get it. It was unconditional love and patience that won out--people who stood by my side whether I ate or not and slowly, I overcame it. 

I feel for Amelia and hope she can overcome this. Not sure playing it out on tv was the best idea. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Agreed. Rinna is very thin but does not appear starved or unhealthy. I'm willing to bet, however, her minimalist eating had an affect on Amelia. The thing is, people don't just "get" anorexia. TV shows like "Intervention" like to throw it in with the addictions, but it is a psychiatric disorder, a mental illness that disguises itself as many things. 

I really hope treatment centers have improved because when I went, the "professionals" were surprisingly out of touch with how our brains work. All that schooling and they still didn't get it. It was unconditional love and patience that won out--people who stood by my side whether I ate or not and slowly, I overcame it. 

I feel for Amelia and hope she can overcome this. Not sure playing it out on tv was the best idea. 

I agree with you and smores about Rinna.

I had anorexia. I was in denial for awhile, but once I realized I did have a problem, I knew I had to get better. I did it without professional help or much support, really. The people in my life who told me I had a problem were the same ones who had a part in my eating disorder in the first place. I know it’s a mental thing and don’t want to put the blame on any one person, but I had family members who made comments about my body having filled out and were not kind about it. I had always been very thin, but they made a point to make me very aware of having curves and not being the skinniest to the point I felt fat and that I was also responsible for any unwanted attention that was sexual. I went from around a size 2-4 max on a tall frame to smaller than a 0. 

I don’t know if Rinna is necessarily the type to fat shame even if her attitude towards the body, eating, and exercise may not have been the healthiest for Amelia. I had overweight parents who didn’t diet or exercise themselves and still made me feel ashamed for having boobs and hips and always warned me to be careful not to get fat. I also had aunts who had this same attitude-skinny is good, and any flesh on the body is bad. I had never been remotely close to overweight and really wasn’t even that curvy. Friends, strangers, everyone other than my family always commented on how skinny I was. It’s like my parents wanted me to not ever look like a woman. When they started telling me I had an eating disorder, I was kind of confused, like, isn’t this the way you wanted me to be? The skinnier, the better? I thought you wanted me to look fragile? I don’t look provocative in any of my clothes, do I? 

I also wonder if modeling has affected Amelia. The industry has that same attitude as my family when girls who are already really thin are made to feel they’re not just because they may actually look healthy or womanly, the horror! They want fashion models to be clothes hangers. Hips, boobs, and butts do not make for a clothes hanger body. 

I think Amelia would be healthier off reality TV and no fashion modeling. Modeling that doesn’t require you to be a stick might be okay. 

3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Does unconditional love include doing nothing when your anorexic daughter flips the bird at her father? 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t know if Rinna is necessarily the type to fat shame even if her attitude towards the body, eating, and exercise may not have been the healthiest for Amelia.

Rinna wasn't too concerned when her daughters were fat shaming people in her hometown by calling them chub-chubs so I suspect Rinna is totally fine with fat shaming.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Does unconditional love include doing nothing when your anorexic daughter flips the bird at her father? 

Rinna wasn't too concerned when her daughters were fat shaming people in her hometown by calling them chub-chubs so I suspect Rinna is totally fine with fat shaming.

The Chub chubs scene and Rinna in Oregon were so uncomfortable to watch. Especially the way she down talked the place. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, ladle said:

Drink every time Dorit wears something with the designer's name visible.

OK...

[An hour later...]

Washish? Cheanel? 'Scuze.

LOL

Edited by renatae
Clarity
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, izabella said:

The infamous twitter too.

She got into it with people posting and at some point told them they were all:

Fat, no sex life and 50 cats.  Then she shut her account down.  Then she apologized.  People went to QVC and complained. (In a nutshell.  Details could be off.  Didn't bother to cross reference).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, dosodog said:

The infamous twitter too.

She got into it with people posting and at some point told them they were all:

Fat, no sex life and 50 cats.  Then she shut her account down.  Then she apologized.  People went to QVC and complained. (In a nutshell.  Details could be off.  Didn't bother to cross reference).

And eating disorders are just the kind that make you too thin -- sometimes they make you too fat.   Rinna would like to receive the compassion she's not herself prepared to extend to others.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 3:20 PM, nexxie said:

Thanks - I do recall that now! So he’s allowed inside, lol, and makes lots of good food to eat - so I wonder what those girls have against him?

You answered your own question. He makes good food, lol.

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 6
On 6/5/2019 at 4:47 PM, Sterling said:

After Kim made the comment "Let's not talk about what you don't want out about the husband", (paraphrasing) a few years ago, and Rinna threw that glass, there was a visceral, guttural reaction from Rinna, something that can't be faked.

There's something there, I've always thought it.  

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/episode-16/videos/the-ladies-explosive-dinner-in

I liked Rinna and Harry a lot at the time, and her reaction left me wondering anyway.

However, loathe as I am to giving her any credit, it's just possible that was a very hot rumor earlier that caused them a lot of stress, and just the possibility that it would have been maliciously resurrected could have brought about that reaction, even if it was untrue.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Jel said:

And eating disorders are just the kind that make you too thin -- sometimes they make you too fat.   Rinna would like to receive the compassion she's not herself prepared to extend to others.  

This is true. I cut Rinna slack with the fat comment because few people are PC enough to not ever shame a group of people. However, as someone who struggled with an eating disorder, I try not to judge people either way, too thin or too fat. It definitely does go both ways. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

This is true. I cut Rinna slack with the fat comment because few people are PC enough to not ever shame a group of people. However, as someone who struggled with an eating disorder, I try not to judge people either way, too thin or too fat. It definitely does go both ways. 

That's true. People don't eat themselves to incapacitated, immobile, near death levels just because they love ice cream so much.  And if Rinna would like some compassion for her daughter's eating disorder, she should extend some to people who have a different kind of eating disorder.  That doesn't include using the word "fat" to insult or mock someone or dismiss and invalidate their opinions because they are "fat". (Like that has anything to do with anything.)  

But sadly, she didn't extend any compassion, and sadly I wouldn't have ever expected to because I think so little of her.

• Love 8
On 6/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, CharlizeCat said:

What I have noticed the past few weeks, is that I feel more relaxed watching the show without LVP. I don't know how to explain it. I don't know if I was picking up on how tense the other cast members felt around her or what.

I had a lot more tension as well. For me, it was just anticipating what the next dig or attack or blame-laying was awaiting LVP. It seriously made me anxious.

Unfortunately, it didn't stop when she left. It's just more unpredictable.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, FozzyBear said:

So I have a whacked out, completely unscientific theory that every generation of American women have particular ways of hiding disordered eating in plain sight. For the greatest generation I think it’s just drinking instead of eating (Betty Draper and her martinis), for Baby Boomers it’s all about splitting food (my mom and her friends are forever ordering “family/commune” style that really just means 5 women split one plate of pasta), for Gen X it’s the When Harry Met Sally thing of everything on the side. Super complicated orders under these guise of being a picky or discerning eater (Kyle does this. Her orders take FOREVER).  For Millennials and Gen Z (right now until Gen Z finds its own thing. Don’t do it! Break the cycle, Gen Z! Just eat and get a little chubby.) it’s all about allergies and food sensitivity and “medical” issues. I could go in about why each style of eating married with each generation, but that’s for a different forum. In any case, It was really interesting to watch a couple of generations of disordered eating play out at that dinner.  

Preach!

Mother Persnickety had a raging eating disorder.  She would subsist on coffee and cigarettes unless we had company over for a meal.  Then she would get a huge plate of food, topped off by eating a half gallon of ice cream directly from the carton all whilst giggling about how she could eat literally anything she wanted and never gain an ounce.  What the dinner guests didn't know was that she starved herself for days/weeks on ends so she could actually eat at that one meal and not worry about "getting fat."

Took me well into my teenage years to figure out she had an eating disorder and why.  She had a massively competitive relationship with her older sister who could do just about anything...but was about 25 lb overweight.  Weight was the only area where Mother Persnickety could feel she was "better" than her sister.  Really sad and pathetic...however, my point was proven when after her sister passed away, Mother Persnickety began eating a regular diet and actually enjoying food.  Crazy?  Yep, but my whole family is one can short of six pack.  Ugh.

I think Rinna's kids have always been utter assholes, ever since their trip to Oregon where they ridiculed the locals.  They strike me as just being self-absorbed vapid twits who can't see beyond their "Hollywood lifestyle" bubble.  I think the little assholes should go spend a few days feeding the homeless, reading to elders at senior centers, and taking toys to kids at a children's hospital.  Maybe (but that's a HUGE maybe) they'd be more empathetic to others and appreciate what they have.

Oh, who am I kidding?  They're both assholes, just one is an asshole who happens to also have an eating disorder.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think Rinna's kids have always been utter assholes, ever since their trip to Oregon where they ridiculed the locals.  They strike me as just being self-absorbed vapid twits who can't see beyond their "Hollywood lifestyle" bubble.  I think the little assholes should go spend a few days feeding the homeless, reading to elders at senior centers, and taking toys to kids at a children's hospital.  Maybe (but that's a HUGE maybe) they'd be more empathetic to others and appreciate what they have.

Oh, who am I kidding?  They're both assholes, just one is an asshole who happens to also have an eating disorder.  

See, I don't want to inflict them on the homeless, elders, or children.  It would be like the Richards sisters making sandwiches for homeless people.  No, just no.

I do, however, want them to live in a hostel for a year, which they have to pay for on their own with jobs they actually have to work in order to get paid.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3