Type keyword(s) to search

Christina on the Coast: Episodes 1 - 6 Discussion

7 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Unless you've heard or read something recently, I haven't gotten the impression that "Flip or Flop" is a former show.  They've both stated publicly that they plan to continue to work together, so unless that's changed, I think Flip or Flop is in its "off" cycle, as most HGTV shows have..  If Flip or Flop were cancelled, I'd think it would have at least made the TV blogs.

Christina's even mentioned in passing on CotC that she's working on flips, so presumably, that's with Tarek.

I just thought HGTV would be pushing her new show and lifestyle. 

On 6/15/2019 at 9:45 AM, iMonrey said:

Why is the house she's living in so different? It makes her seem shifty.

Right? Come see all about my fabulous single (for now) life but keep out of the really private parts, especially the parts where it is known how much money I really have and how much money I'm still getting from Tarek. 

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Ninamags said:

Right? Come see all about my fabulous single (for now) life but keep out of the really private parts, especially the parts where it is known how much money I really have and how much money I'm still getting from Tarek. 

And it must be a lot considering the place she is renting is $10,000 per month.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2019 at 12:35 PM, annzeepark914 said:

I sure do wish Joanna Gaines had her own show. Her husband's immature antics were OTT irritating & took up too much time that could've been used to show more of their renovations.

Gosh, I thought I was the only one who just can't stand this man.  Not crazy about her either but she doesn't purposely come up with crappy juvenile stunts to put the focus on her instead of the flip.  And, no, Chip, you aren't the attractive guy you think you are....

• Love 10

I sorta' watched the show the other night...really didn't believe that Christina did the design work since the couple had completely redone their house themselves! I loved how she came up with the mirror solution with a snap of the finger.......

BUT did everyone catch the newest project of Christina's? She is writing a cookbook with her nutritionist???? Wow, this woman is sure multi-talented. NOT!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 10:39 AM, Ninamags said:

I'll be THAT person because I haven't heard this.  How much is she still getting from Tarek?

7 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I sorta' watched the show the other night...really didn't believe that Christina did the design work since the couple had completely redone their house themselves! I loved how she came up with the mirror solution with a snap of the finger.......

BUT did everyone catch the newest project of Christina's? She is writing a cookbook with her nutritionist???? Wow, this woman is sure multi-talented. NOT!

The part that really got me was when she said, "Oh, the life of a working mom."  Please.  Most of her "work" is actually play and is insulting to working parents of both genders who work at actual jobs that aren't photo shoots and cookbook "writing." (I wonder how much writing she's actually doing.  I bet very little.)  I can't believe HGTV doesn't realize how tone deaf Christina sounds.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

I'll be THAT person because I haven't heard this.  How much is she still getting from Tarek?

The part that really got me was when she said, "Oh, the life of a working mom."  Please.  Most of her "work" is actually play and is insulting to working parents of both genders who work at actual jobs that aren't photo shoots and cookbook "writing." (I wonder how much writing she's actually doing.  I bet very little.)  I can't believe HGTV doesn't realize how tone deaf Christina sounds.

Christina also fails to mention the full time nannies (plural) that she and Tarek use to care for their kids.  Supposedly, they have 3 different caregivers so that there is someone available 24/7 to take care of her kids.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Christina also fails to mention the full time nannies (plural) that she and Tarek use to care for their kids.  Supposedly, they have 3 different caregivers so that there is someone available 24/7 to take care of her kids.  

Really?  In this past week's episode, didn't she tout that she DIDN'T have help...that she did it all with the exception of having a personal assistant?  Not that I believed her, but to lie on-camera  like that when you have 3 different caregivers working for you is pretty bold.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

Really?  In this past week's episode, didn't she tout that she DIDN'T have help...that she did it all with the exception of having a personal assistant?  Not that I believed her, but to lie on-camera  like that when you have 3 different caregivers working for you is pretty bold.

I read it in an interview done with Tarek at the time of the separation/divorce.  Can't remember where, but somewhat reputable like People.  He said they had 3 full time nannies so the kids were covered no matter what parent had them, all day every day.  He claimed this was necessary because the flipping business required that they be able to go out and look at houses anytime as well as to be available for any crises that arose on the job.  

As for Christine having no one but a personal assistant, have you SEEN her home?  The house she shared with Tarek, where she lived until just recently with her two kids, her new hubby and his kids (at least sometimes) had 5 bedrooms and 8,5 baths and over 6300 square feet.  I call BS on her claims of having no help.  No way she was scrubbing all those tubs herself.

• Love 7

I’m sure she’s getting child support from Tarek, Ohmo. And she got half of everything didn’t she? Per California law? 

I obviously don’t know amounts but since she got to keep the house, that’s probably a million there already.

I've seen Tarek post videos when he’s with the kids and there’s a lady that appears to be a nanny for sure.

Does anybody know what the ratings are?  

• Love 1

This whole show is such a vanity piece for Christina it's embarrassing. An entire segment on a photo shoot at the beach? Really? And she has the audacity to claim she does everything herself? Without the house flipping and the demo it's painfully obvious how little she actually does. It's hard for me to believe she's famous enough to get a book published. She really doesn't do anything except promote herself. That, and go back and forth on wearing extensions from hour to hour.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I keep forgetting to watch this show. Maybe, that's a good thing. She was okay in small doses on Flip/Flop but a whole show of just of her is too much. I am curious to see if it gets renewed.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5

It's funny to see Christina wince at a request for white cabinets when  that's been her thing for a few years now. It's clear that these flippers are torn between what will sell and moving forward on design. Knowing that Christina considered styles "classic" that she now thinks is overdone proves to me that she doesn't understand what "classic" is if she think it's overdone.

I've only seen one episode, the one where she was fixing up a place for her friend. I haven't returned to the show. Just not into Christina as a personality, which I think this show heavily sells. I'm just not into other people's lifestyles, lives, and children. Real property. That's what I like to see transformed. And that doesn't include impractical open shelves and staging.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, mojito said:

And that doesn't include impractical open shelves and staging.

Agree with you on the open shelves. I don't have fancy enough things for open shelves -- and I legit want that storage as STORAGE. It doesn't count as storage if I have to decorate it.

• Love 12

And it really makes me mad when they have all that unnecessary fillers of the coastline.  The show would only last 15 minutes if you got rid of the scenery shots and ads.  

But maybe that is a good thing!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

This past episode seemed to have a little more design.  I liked both backsplashes, but I HATED the black floor.  Thought it clashed with the other floor and just hated the black floor overall.

I also found Christina's T-shirts distracting when she wore them with the clients.  Not that I expected a suit or a skirt or anything that formal, but I think the t-shirts and the ripped shirt make Christina look trashy and skanky.  I think there's a way to be professional and casual, but that wasn't it.

Wonder if Izzy's working on flips with Tarek?

It's still obvious that this is predominately a show about Christina's lifestyle.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Ohmo said:

This past episode seemed to have a little more design.  I liked both backsplashes, but I HATED the black floor.  Thought it clashed with the other floor and just hated the black floor overall.

I might have been ok with the black floor (if it hadn’t butted up to the other floor that it didn’t go with at all), but the herringbone layout and white grout?? YUCK!

• Love 3

Dear HGTV,

Must EVERY commerical be about ContheC? We get it...but you don't have to shove her down our throats every 10 minutes. A solid half hour once a week is enough.

• Love 9

I think I saw two mintues and the black floor. Christina doesn't hold my interest whatsoever. I'm looking forward to Flip or Flop though. Hopefully, the divorce drama will be over but her being pregnant will be odd.

• Love 3

Christina in the intro: "You probably know me from flipping houses. But there's a lot more sides to me than that."

Um, Christina? It should be there are a lot more sides. I'm surprised nobody corrected that. It bugs me every time.

It's still obvious that this is predominately a show about Christina's lifestyle.

Which is why the house hunting feels so phony. We spent, what - five or six seasons of Flip or Flop with Christina pricing houses, buying houses, talking money and budget all the time. Yet here she does not mention what these houses she's looking at cost or what her offer was for this last one, or what she got for her house. Why so tight-lipped? You can't play the "it's none of anyone's business" card when you're on a reality show. Especially when your entire "career" was built around housing prices!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Christina in the intro: "You probably know me from flipping houses. But there's a lot more sides to me than that."

Um, Christina? It should be there are a lot more sides. I'm surprised nobody corrected that. It bugs me every time.

Which is why the house hunting feels so phony. We spent, what - five or six seasons of Flip or Flop with Christina pricing houses, buying houses, talking money and budget all the time. Yet here she does not mention what these houses she's looking at cost or what her offer was for this last one, or what she got for her house. Why so tight-lipped? You can't play the "it's none of anyone's business" card when you're on a reality show. Especially when your entire "career" was built around housing prices!

Yeah, I think she’s trying to leave out the 10 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms & the giant closet that looks like a department store part. The little things. 

• Love 3
On 7/1/2019 at 12:33 AM, MsTree said:

Dear HGTV,

Must EVERY commerical be about ContheC? We get it...but you don't have to shove her down our throats every 10 minutes. A solid half hour once a week is enough.

I wonder if the hard sell by the network is indicative of the ratings.  Maybe not enough people know about super special, talented Cristina 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I always picked up a mean girls vibe from her. The show is OK. I don't make a point of watching it. All of the design choices look the same to me. But, appreciated reading the shout-outs to my hometown girl, Tamara Day!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

I always picked up a mean girls vibe from her. The show is OK. I don't make a point of watching it. All of the design choices look the same to me. But, appreciated reading the shout-outs to my hometown girl, Tamara Day!

Tamara Day is far more talented than Christina the Queen of Hair Extensions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Tamara Day is far more talented than Christina the Queen of Hair Extensions.

I don't understand how/why she goes from extensions to no extensions, from scene to scene. Don't they take a long time to put in? I'm assuming they're the kind that just sort of clip on to the underside of your hair, rather than the permanent kind you get at a salon. Apparently Christina has some stylist who comes to her house every day to do her hair and they decide whether or not to wear extensions that day. But if you knew someone whose hair was five inches longer or shorter every other day wouldn't you think they were weird?

• Love 7
On 6/30/2019 at 11:33 PM, MsTree said:

Dear HGTV,

The scene where there are three Christinas and the middle one is coming straight at the camera with her giant yellow boobs makes me duck like I'm watching a 3-D movie.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Law Mom said:

The scene where there are three Christinas and the middle one is coming straight at the camera with her giant yellow boobs makes me duck like I'm watching a 3-D movie.

Yup, that's the one. Both annoying and irritating.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, iMonrey said:

Why so tight-lipped? You can't play the "it's none of anyone's business" card when you're on a reality show. Especially when your entire "career" was built around housing prices!

But the issue is not just about her Flip or Flop career.  Every house show and most of the design shows on HGTV talk about money---either money to buy the house, do the renovation or both---from House Hunters to Property Brothers to Love It or List It and many, many others.  Yet, Christina is almost mute on the subject of her own money (except when the placard shows the listing price of the house that she's viewing.

• Love 1

I started a thread to discuss all non-episode specific things Christina, including but not limited to how much HGTV is promoting her, exactly how tolerable she is on the scale of Rachel Ray to Ina Garten, and so on.

I could use some suggestions over there for a clever title for that thread.