Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Expire Erect

Was I the only one yelling at Chloe to get away from Luci? She knows he's vulnerable when she's around. If she left his side or went to another a room, he'd start to heal. 

I was wondering if they were going to bring up Luci killing Eve's son. Or even mention her son's. I mean I know its been a millienia for her but he was still her kid. I do like Eve she's already more interesting than Chloe, although being all protective of him, she's not going to want Chloe around if he could die. 

That was a sweet moment when Chloe realized that Amen has actually seen her dad in heaven. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Was I the only one yelling at Chloe to get away from Luci? She knows he's vulnerable when she's around. If she left his side or went to another a room, he'd start to heal. 

I thought that too. but i think she has to be rather far to stop effecting him. In hostage situation it's hard to go to different sides of a room. And even then it probably will be too close.

• Love 1

Eve was able to keep running around. I don't think they ever said how close Chloe has to be. In another episode they just showed him leaving the bar where Chloe was and he was starting to heal. 

On 5/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, vavera4ka said:

I thought that too. but i think she has to be rather far to stop effecting him. In hostage situation it's hard to go to different sides of a room. And even then it probably will be too close.

I thought that too but then the jumping on him to protect him from bomb was extra stupid since she'd definitely make him worse due to proximity.

I don't remember if they ever did establish it, but I was also wondering why Chloe didn't try to put more distance between her and Lucifer after he was shot.  I guess it's possible that she was worried that the hostage taker would focus more on her compared to the other hostages, and she couldn't just slip away like all the times Eve apparently did, but it was noticeable.

Definitely knew they weren't going have Jessy Schram just play the guy's wife, so of course her character was actually the mastermind of the bank robbery.  Oh, Dan!  Maze might be a bit nuts, but she almost might be right that you need to think more like the criminals sometimes.

Amenadiel telling Chloe about her father was nice.

Continue to enjoy Eve and not just because they had Inbar Lavi rocking the classic "Eve look" at the beginning of the episode.  But I'm guessing her reaction about Lucifer being vulnerable near Chloe is going to cause some problems.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

But I'm guessing her reaction about Lucifer being vulnerable near Chloe is going to cause some problems.

Maybe Eve has heard a prophecy about what make Lucifer vulnerable when near Chloe.

• Love 1
On 5/11/2019 at 12:43 AM, theatremouse said:

I thought that too but then the jumping on him to protect him from bomb was extra stupid since she'd definitely make him worse due to proximity.

that i can write off to the impulse. mot much reasoning is happening, when you see a perp pushing a detonation button.

• Love 4

The moment when Chloe realized that Amenadiel has spoken with her father was beautiful. I don't think the show has ever made me cry before this scene but that got to me.

When Eve met Ella at Lux and excitedly said, "You're Ella!" my first thought was that Eve must have had conversations with Azrael about Ella (and perhaps others) while in the Silver City. Then of course, Eve said that she'd heard about her from Lucifer. I guess the writers are not invoking anything that happened in the "extra" episodes from S3, but I did like the addition of Azrael as another interesting angelic sibling, especially as the Angel of Death. 

• Love 3

Awww Chloe and Amenadiels talk was really lovely, and Chloe's face when she realized that her father was in heaven was probably her best acting moment in the series so far. I am still a bit miffed at her (like, how does one just wander from LA to the Vatican?) but I did like her more in this episode. 

Maz and Dan are a good team, I think they can learn a lot from each other. Maz can teach Dan more about thinking like a criminal, and Dan can help her with her human feelings. 

I continue to really enjoy Eve, she has such a fun, vivacious personality, she and Ella are clearly a match made in actual heaven, and I glad they immediately dealt with the Cain thing. I am concerned about that look she had when she found out that Chloe can lead to Lucifer being hurt. Maybe she is just concerned that Lucifer hanging out with the one persons whos proximity can hurt him? I laughed when Chloe asked Eve if she had super powers (legit question) and when she realized that Eve was that Eve.

Awww Chloe and Amenadiels talk was really lovely, and Chloe's face when she realized that her father was in heaven was probably her best acting moment in the series so far. I am still a bit miffed at her (like, how does one just wander from LA to the Vatican?) but I did like her more in this episode. 

Maz and Dan are a good team, I think they can learn a lot from each other. Maz can teach Dan more about thinking like a criminal, and Dan can help her with her human feelings. 

I continue to really enjoy Eve, she has such a fun, vivacious personality, she and Ella are clearly a match made in actual heaven, and I glad they immediately dealt with the Cain thing. I am concerned about that look she had when she found out that Chloe can lead to Lucifer being hurt. Maybe she is just concerned that Lucifer hanging out with the one persons whos proximity can hurt him? I laughed when Chloe asked Eve if she had super powers (legit question) and when she realized that Eve was that Eve.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Awww Chloe and Amenadiels talk was really lovely, and Chloe's face when she realized that her father was in heaven was probably her best acting moment in the series so far.

I thought Amenadiel was referring to Chloe's father being "GOD" while Chole thought her father was a regular human. Chloe's father is God right?

17 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought Amenadiel was referring to Chloe's father being "GOD" while Chole thought her father was a regular human. Chloe's father is God right?

I don't think so. God had Amen bless Chloe's mom so she could get pregnant. Plus they said Amen's baby is the first human/celestial baby and they probably wouldn't want Chloe and Lucifer to be related in any way. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

That was a sweet moment when Chloe realized that Amen has actually seen her dad in heaven. 

Yeah, I've been thinking that this was another thing that should have happened once Chloe accepted that Lucifer was real: if heaven and hell are facts, and souls do continue to exist after death, you wouldn't immediately think about what that means in terms of loved ones you've lost? But even if Amenadiel had to spell it out for her, I still teared up.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

I was wondering if they were going to bring up Luci killing Eve's son. Or even mention her son's. I mean I know its been a millienia for her but he was still her kid.

Agreed that that aspect of her character got the brush-off. Even if she felt more fond about Abel than Cain, Lucifer still oversaw the former being tortured for pretty much all of existence.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:15 PM, Sakura12 said:

Eve was able to keep running around. I don't think they ever said how close Chloe has to be. In another episode they just showed him leaving the bar where Chloe was and he was starting to heal. 

In the episode with the poisonings/self-mutilations, Lucifer waited until Chloe took off after Psychotic Peter Burke, then kept cutting himself as she got farther and farther away, until finally the wound didn't open and he could safely go into the room with the poisonous gas. So that would seem to imply quite a distance. On the other hand, Chloe doesn't know much about how this works yet, so she could have just asked if it would help him heal if she could sneak upstairs.

Edited by Emma9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

When Eve met Ella at Lux and excitedly said, "You're Ella!" my first thought was that Eve must have had conversations with Azrael about Ella (and perhaps others) while in the Silver City. 

Didn't she say she met Charlotte in heaven? I assumed since she said she talked with all the new souls, that Eve got info about Ella and Dan and Chloe and Lucifer from Charlotte.

Seconding the love for the exchange between Amenadiel and Chloe. I teared up, too. It was really well played.

Still not sure about Eve. I get that she seems really into Lucifer (and she didn't bother me in this ep as much as she did in last episode), but now I'm suspicious that she has ulterior motives. Or maybe they threw that Cain comment out there just to tie things in with last season? Would she really play such a long con to get revenge for him killing her son? Probably not, right?

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, tennisgurl said:

I continue to really enjoy Eve, she has such a fun, vivacious personality, she and Ella are clearly a match made in actual heaven, and I glad they immediately dealt with the Cain thing. I am concerned about that look she had when she found out that Chloe can lead to Lucifer being hurt. Maybe she is just concerned that Lucifer hanging out with the one persons whos proximity can hurt him?

I'm really liking Eve too. I am not looking forward to the inevitable Lucifer choosing Chloe and breaking Eve's heart which will probably cause Eve to go Evil!!!!!

Amenadiel going to talk to Chloe was sweet. However, I thought Chloe had a house? It looked like when Amenadiel knocked that Chloe now living in an apartment? Did I miss when she moved?

I'm tired of Chloe almost crying every single episode. I know I know she's going through a lot and has a lot to come to terms with, but I'm bored with it. It also is kind of odd since old Chloe didn't get that emotional. I know I know her world was turned upside down.

Also I know this is really rude, but I find Cloe's face really distracting now. Did the actress just do filler on her lips? But her face is also fuller all around so did she do filler everywhere? Can you even do that? Or maybe she just did Botox? Her face doesn't seem to move as much... IDK I just find it so distracting it looks so different to me at least.  But then I find Chloe really boring so I'm probably easily distracted.

• Love 1

I kind of love Eve because it was due to her that we got High Ella.  High Ella was amazing.  I loved Ella hating that she really liked Eve.  I'm now really hoping we get Chloe, Ella, Eve, Linda and Maze on a girls' night out.  Hell, I'd settle for Eve, Chloe and Linda being "Bad Moms."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2019 at 10:00 PM, Fireball said:

Amenadiel going to talk to Chloe was sweet. However, I thought Chloe had a house? It looked like when Amenadiel knocked that Chloe now living in an apartment? Did I miss when she moved?

Maybe. In Season 1, after she and Dan had separated, she was living in a house her mother owned. But that wasn't a permanent solution, so eventually she went looking for an apartment she could afford, but no luck until, after a drunken night out with Maze and Linda, she discovered the next day that she and Maze had agreed to go in on an apartment together. AFAICT, that's where Chloe and Trixie still live.

• Love 2

Other than the bits at the end with Chloe and Amenadiel and Eve and Lucifer, I didn't care too much for this one. The case in the A plot felt like the biggest pile of nonsensical contrivance in the series' history. So rather than skipping town this murder suspect decides to set a bomb in a busy nightclub owned by a friend of one of the cops investigating him, in the hope he can take a building full of hostages, get the police to do superspeed detective work for him, convince his disappeared partner to actually show up in person, kill her, and somehow make it out of the situation a free man?

On 5/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

I figured that the guy was too close with the gun for her to move the right distance, but she didn't even say anything about it. She was smart enough to ask if Eve had any advantage. 

On 5/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, Emma9 said:

Psychotic Peter Burke

Thank you. 

(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 6:15 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely knew they weren't going have Jessy Schram just play the guy's wife, so of course her character was actually the mastermind of the bank robbery. 

I’m not familiar with the actress, but she reminded me of Kristen Wiig a little bit when she effected certain distressed facial expressions.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:00 AM, tennisgurl said:

I laughed when Chloe asked Eve if she had super powers (legit question) and when she realized that Eve was that Eve.

I can’t remember where I saw it (maybe here in another thread), but someone noted that Eve does have a superpower that maybe she doesn’t even realize:  everyone ends up loving her:  she makes friends wherever she goes.  In this episode, even jealous Chloe likes her, and you could tell that Eve’s pep talk meant a lot to her in helping her focus on the situation.  Even Ella, who was poised to hate Eve in solidarity with Chloe, ended up making out with her!  Eve comes across as very genuine when she praises people.

I’m not sure that I can square the reality of Eve’s past (as a mother to a son killed by Lucifer, and actually saying that Cain got what he deserved, and having one or both sons in actual Hell) with the winsome, carefree spirit presented in the rest of the episode, but the actress and the writing for the character are fun enough on their own to make me not pick at the situation.

I find Lucifer’s actions vis-a-vis Chloe and Eve quite interesting.  Lucifer was ready to quit working with Chloe (too painful to continue any relationship) until he realized that she was willing to sacrifice herself for him.  He said to her out in the ambulance that he now knew how she felt, and I really got the impression that his hope for a relationship with her was revived in that moment.  But by the time that he was home, he also pressed forward with his relationship with Eve as her “boyfriend”.

Ella cracked me up with her “You’re putting me through the wringer, Decker” (or something like that) to Chloe when Ella solved the rest of the case entirely on her own.  Also liked her line about how Chloe’s coat was like hugging a muppet.

I find the actual police work in any of these episodes to be completely unbelievable.  Sending in an untrained innocent civilian (at least as far as they knew) to a hostage situation, not the least among them.  But despite my incredulity, it doesn’t really bother me, so long as the main characters have enough meaningful and/or funny interactions, and this episode fulfilled that for me. 

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 1