Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

1327EB49-2AC0-4F73-9127-6385CA4A915F.jpeg

7F73F584-DFDF-4E17-A5B9-2DB7F45DD132.jpeg

I just can't with these idiots 🙄

Hand them a freebie and they'll push anything.

And who stands outside holding their makeup?... Why not display it on your vanity or something?.. They're so weird.. "hey I'm gonna go stand outside holding my makeup and you take my pic!"  

There's no way she wrote that herself.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, it's probably included in the "Welcome to Our New Influencers" kit.  What a load of BS.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I just can't with these idiots 🙄

Hand them a freebie and they'll push anything.

And who stands outside holding their makeup?... Why not display it on your vanity or something?.. They're so weird.. "hey I'm gonna go stand outside holding my makeup and you take my pic!"  

I looked up Beauty Counter's ig and I can't even with those prices.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Aspyn, I expected more from you!

It's all they know.  With the exception of Janelle, none of the parents have ever held a real job.  The Brown Clown Family Financial Plan consists of MLM's and bankruptcy.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

It's all they know.  With the exception of Janelle, none of the parents have ever held a real job.  The Brown Clown Family Financial Plan consists of MLM's and bankruptcy.

Exactly. And I would guess when they were young they saw other plyg mothers doing this to try to earn money while taking care of their many children also.  Of course they think this is what everyone does - especially after you get married.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh I know, it was an unfounded dream on my part just because Aspyn is my favorite. I was hoping she'd want a private life with Mitch ala Logan and Michelle rather than embarrassing herself online for an easy buck like her sisters and moms. I suppose I can still cling to the slim chance that after graduation she pursues a more legit job.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I suppose I can still cling to the slim chance that after graduation she pursues a more legit job.

According to her recent post, after 6 years in college she's finally graduating but is now going on for a masters.  Sadly I foresee a professional student up until she gets pregnant or Mitch takes the next wife, which ever comes first.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

According to her recent post, after 6 years in college she's finally graduating but is now going on for a masters.  Sadly I foresee a professional student up until she gets pregnant or Mitch takes the next wife, which ever comes first.

Taking a page from Pudge's playbook (professional student.)  

If they are moving to Utah, which I believe they said they were going to, then another wife or wives is more likely.  Half of Mitch's siblings are plygs.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

how the HELL is she supposed to pay off her student loans if she doesn't actually get a real job!?!?!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

how the HELL is she supposed to pay off her student loans if she doesn't actually get a real job!?!?!

Presumably Mr. Thompson has a job and FT can advise them to buy a house, get a second mortgage and HELOC and be on their way to a lifetime of debt.  

• LOL 9
(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:10 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Holy crap. Aren't these types of posts supposed to be hashtag'd as advertising? Or are these more MLMs?

Yes yes yes! I’m sure it’s a rule that if you are getting paid for hawking something you are required to say ‘sponsored ad’ or #ad or similar in the post? My fingers on the report post button because ‘you kids get the hell off my lawn!’ with that blatant ‘I’m too good for rules’ influencer attitude. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Mykelti type spellingk error
  • Love 8

re: look at Aspyn selling MLM products vs. how is she going to pay off her student loans if she goes to grad school discussion, it seems to me she's using her social media platform as a way to earn money. I don't see anything wrong with that. I applaud her for furthering her education. Besides, we don't know if she even has debt - perhaps she earned money from the wedding episode and used it to pay off any loans. As for the MLM/Mormon connection, I do agree that is well-documented. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

re: look at Aspyn selling MLM products vs. how is she going to pay off her student loans if she goes to grad school discussion, it seems to me she's using her social media platform as a way to earn money.

I think she can do whatever it takes to make money but it seems to me that it's a ridiculous waste of schooling to ignore a real career path and deliberately choose an MLM existence instead.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I think she can do whatever it takes to make money but it seems to me that it's a ridiculous waste of schooling to ignore a real career path and deliberately choose an MLM existence instead.

The two are not mutually exclusive. 

• Love 3
(edited)

A MLM existence probably works well for Mormons, especially those with a lot of church friends with huge families. After you sell a bunch of LuLaCrap to someone, when they come to you selling ContactPaperNails or MLM Makeup, you feel obliged to buy some of their stuff. A never-ending circle of spending and debt.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Exactly, I have no problem with her hawking everything from soup to nuts online.

What I don't like to see are posts promoting products (cleansing tea etc.) that could be harmful.

If she's going to promote that type of thing she needs to post sufficient warnings and better yet mention that you shouldn't start any sort of cleansing type regimen without consulting your doctor.

My older sister tried a blackberry tonic cleanse from health food store several years ago and had a terrible reaction, really sick, vomiting, wound up in hospital overnight.

Edited by Joan of Argh
SpellingK
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

The two are not mutually exclusive. 

I’m going to risk your wrath here and say they should be. An educated person with a valid career path (in theory) should have no need to enter an risky get rich quick MLM ‘business’ that 99% of sellers lose money on. (I’m sorry that’s my personal opinion as I despise Pyramid schemes and the damage they do to families, I’ve seen it firsthand). 

I think people just had high hopes for Aspyn to break the Brown-get-rich-quick mold and develop a legimate career path like Logan is. Hopefully she still does when she graduates and gets to use her degree for a rewarding  stable career. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I think people just had high hopes for Aspyn to break the Brown-get-rich-quick mold and develop a legimate career path like Logan is. Hopefully she still does when she graduates and gets to use her degree for a rewarding  stable career. 

I tend to cut the girls a little more slack in that I think it will take longer for them to find their way.  They were all young to mid-teens when their parents became less involved with the church (I think they were still pretty heavily in the church right up until they left Lehi.)  Imagine living the first 14-16 years of your life being told your ETERNAL SOUL depends on getting a man, settling for only a small part of that man, and popping out as many children as possible.  Add to that, many of the women you saw growing up ONLY had MLM's as an option - they simply had too many children to be able to get a full time job - even with the help of a sister wife you had a good relationship with.  Even though you might intellectually know that women can have good careers and don't need to do this crap the message you heard all your life still resonates.  Hopefully Maddie has had enough exposure to the rest of the world that she is starting to move away from that mindset (we'll see if she starts hawking some other kind of crap after giving up Lulano.)  I think it will be harder for the older girls to get there.  Hopefully, the younger ones haven't been quite so indoctrinated.

• Love 8

Aspyn can defer her student loans while in grad school. That’s what I did and everyone I know did when they went for a higher degree. I don’t see a problem with her furthering her education. There is no downside and she can get a better paying job to help pay her future sister wives’ Victoria Secret bill. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Is this the male version of Lulunono that Garrison is shilling?

I thought those are LLR shirts but they aren't. LLR offers only tees and henleys for men.

In addition to the Hawaiian prints there are some fugly floral designs that definitely look like LLR, so there's that. Price range is in the 20s, all shirts are 100% polyester.

The header on the product page tells us:

"For Womens Hawaiian shirts, go a size down. Regardless its hawaiian shirts, they're supposed to too be big."

There's another Hawaiian shirt photo on his IG page with his gf at Disneyland (and she appears to be braless). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

I thought those are LLR shirts but they aren't. LLR offers only tees and henleys for men.

In addition to the Hawaiian prints there are some fugly floral designs that definitely look like LLR, so there's that. Price range is in the 20s, all shirts are 100% polyester.

"For Womens Hawaiian shirts, go a size down. Regardless its hawaiian shirts, they're supposed to too be big."

There's another Hawaiian shirt photo on his IG page with his gf at Disneyland (and she appears to be braless). 

Braless and she also seemed very mature in age.  Not that it matters, but Garrison is 20 Years old and the young woman appears to me to be late 20's???

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, suomi said:

Oh, I knew they weren’t  lulupupu’s, I was just being snarky.  I actually don’t mind reality “celebs” shilling too much, if they’re not harmful products or scams.  It’s just weird because it’s like a new family member everyday. I actually think Garrison and his girlfriend (if she is) make a cute couple.  

• Love 1
(edited)

FWIW I don’t see anything wrong with the lady’s outfit.  Maybe it’s a strapless bra not that it matters. I’m bad with people’s ages, so no idea how old she might be but I think she’s around his age.

Facially, Garrison reminds me a lot of Kody in this pic 

Edited by Irate Panda
Add pic
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Braless and she also seemed very mature in age.  Not that it matters, but Garrison is 20 Years old and the young woman appears to me to be late 20's???

her instagram says she's 20

and her profile pic looks like another braless top 

56553786_411167879706556_5206511273499426816_n.jpg

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

her instagram says she's 20

and her profile pic looks like another braless top 

56553786_411167879706556_5206511273499426816_n.jpg

Great detective work Joan!  She looked older to me in the photo with Garrison.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, xwordfanatik said:

hahaha, I can just hear Janelle & Kootie lamenting her lack of what they consider "modest."

I always sort of chuckle at the Brown's version of modesty, how modest is it to have your stepfather taking pictures of your hoo-hah while you're giving birth?  Honestly, I think the lady's outfit is actually more modest than most of the Browns trying to squeeze themselves into toddler-sized lulunonos.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

She looks like she is wearing a push-up bra as they would probably be flatter if she wasn’t wearing a bra. They are pushed up too perfectly to not be wearing a bra. She reminds me a little of Ashley Judd. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

If my husband referred to me as a "Grade A snack," he'd be making a snack of my tiny fist of fury as it punched him right in the chops.  

Have to agree... It's a strange compliment 🤔

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

LOL  Kids these days.  It means you look good enough to eat.  

I know what ice fishing is. [/Titanic reference]. I just find it a bit crass.  Then again, I too am an #oldfart ... almost twice the #oldfart Logan is, as a matter of fact!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

I know what ice fishing is. [/Titanic reference]. I just find it a bit crass.  Then again, I too am an #oldfart ... almost twice the #oldfart Logan is, as a matter of fact!

Exactly... It's crass

He says a lot of crass things... Apparently Janelle thinks he's hilarious. 🙄

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly... It's crass

He says a lot of crass things... Apparently Janelle thinks he's hilarious. 🙄

LOL!  Sorry!  I'm old too!  I actually use it though sometimes.  It's just funny to me.  But everyone's mileage varies and that's a good thing, right?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I didn't know what it meant but I immediately took offense.  Dumb, indeed.

It reminds me of old movies where men refer to women like they're a piece of meat.

They call women "broads" "tomatoes" etc etc...

I've heard men joke and say "why would I have hamburger when I can get steak" when comparing women.

Referring to her as a "Grade A Snack" sounds like more of the same to me.

• Love 7