Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

Love Logan's picture!  That is super cute.  I am so glad that he's escaped his toxic family and is making what seems to be a pretty wonderful life for himself.  I've been watching these old episodes where he's a surrogate parent to all of his younger siblings.  And I cringe when, back in the early seasons, we see Janelle and Kody making weak excuses for their own lack of parenting because Logan is just so super responsible, so willing to take on the role of leader to his siblings, etc.  That's because he had that role thrust upon him due to lack of interest from his absent father and his rather-be-at-work mother.  If not Logan waking up his siblings and feeding them before school, then who?

You go, Logan.

• Love 17

I'm glad Logan seems to have laid off on the excessive body building.  A year or so ago he had huge biceps & trapezius muscles like someone on steroids and was selling some protein power. He looks fit, but normal now. And happy, not overburdened with raising his siblings.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10

I've always been impressed that Logan had the good sense and strength to run when he had the chance to live on campus at UNLV and withstand the pressure to live at home while going to school.  He was able to break the chains and establish his own life away from both the family drama and TLC.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I've always been impressed that Logan had the good sense and strength to run when he had the chance to live on campus at UNLV and withstand the pressure to live at home while going to school.  He was able to break the chains and establish his own life away from both the family drama and TLC.  

I do think living in the dorms was the best thing for Logan given his role as a caregiver in the family. I went 1000miles away for undergrad because I needed to get away from the caregiver role myself (which my mom understood and supported me having that college experience). I always liked Logan- I’m glad he’s doing well and is away from the reality show bubble. 

• Love 10
On 8/25/2020 at 3:55 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I do think living in the dorms was the best thing for Logan given his role as a caregiver in the family. I went 1000miles away for undergrad because I needed to get away from the caregiver role myself (which my mom understood and supported me having that college experience). I always liked Logan- I’m glad he’s doing well and is away from the reality show bubble. 

I just watched the episode where Logan goes college hunting.  He interviews (very well-spoken, per usual) that if he didn't live in the dorms, his family would always try to pull him back into the big brother role and he'd never escape it.  He also basically says that this is his time to figure out who he is apart from his family.  Meanwhile we see Janelle sobbing that he may not follow in their religious footsteps and Kody mumbling that he's not sure he taught Logan everything he needed to know before leaving the nest...both thinly-cloaked faux concern over the fact that once Logan leaves, both Kody and Janelle are going to lose their free childcare provider and seem rather dumbfounded about what that might mean for THEM.  It's a very pathetic showing for Logan's parents.  No wonder he was so determined to get out of there.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry, Gwen, but that picture makes you look like a rather homely guy. 

Mariah did the same thing after coming out.  She stopped the make up and tweezing her eye brows and brought out the gender neutral or masculine clothes and backwards ball caps.  I’m not apposed to that and think everyone should be their authentic selves.  I just think it’s a little strange to just flip a switch and totally change your look like that . . . 

• Love 6

Yeah, what Logan did was a lot more than helping out around the house like "normal" kids in large(r) families do. Far too much was expected of him and Aspyn (and Maddie to a certain extent). 

• Love 8

What breed was Noël supposed to be when Christine drove several hours to pick her up?  I recall she looked older and different than the breed the seller said she was as a puppy.  Now she looks like a full grown Staffie.

• Love 2

I am so glad they are happily gallivanting all over the country. I live in MT a state not high on the infection risk. My kids/grands live in CA a higher risk state. I cancelled my trip there this Summer and now DD really wants me to come visit in Nov or Dec. I am  terrified of flying at this time especially coming back from a higher risk state. I'm 71, diabetic, already a high risk...she is really putting pressure on me to come out but I just can't do it. These people are so irresponsible...go to Parawan, go to NC , go to sis's home...you are special snowflakes...go anywhere you want freely... I don't wish it on any of you but if you get Covid ...think about your actions...

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I am  terrified of flying at this time especially coming back from a higher risk state.

Right here with you.  If I can't drive there, I'm not going.  The thought of being crammed into a tube shoulder-to-shoulder with a load of strangers gives me the heebie-jeebies.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Right here with you.  If I can't drive there, I'm not going.  The thought of being crammed into a tube shoulder-to-shoulder with a load of strangers gives me the heebie-jeebies.

That's me might as well  be a coffin.  Even if I could drive, not comfortable  with Hotel  rooms. Now I just have to figure out how to tell DD that I just can't..

• Love 4

I belong to several travel groups on Facebook. They went from no one traveling to now everyone is gleefully boooking trips all over the world.  Posting pics of where they are.  
I mean, don’t most countries make you isolate?
I swear I must live in an alternate universe because nobody I know in real life is even thinking about travel.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I belong to several travel groups on Facebook. They went from no one traveling to now everyone is gleefully boooking trips all over the world.  Posting pics of where they are.  
I mean, don’t most countries make you isolate?
I swear I must live in an alternate universe because nobody I know in real life is even thinking about travel.  

Right there with you MEOWWWW! That was another concern, I was only supposed to go for 4 days, but I would be s¢rewed if I had to stay 2 weeks quarantined there. That is the rule in MT, don't know what it is in CA. I don't know if I will even feel safe next Summer flying to CA.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't know if I will even feel safe next Summer flying to CA.

It is so discouraging to know that I cannot even make plans for next year but I am leaning in the same direction even for next summer.  Unless there is a proven safe and effective vaccine, I fear I will be a homebody for a long time.

I've started making seasonal masks.  We will undoubtedly be wearing them for a LONG time so I've got fall (autumn leaves), winter (snowflakes), and Christmas material and am knocking them out in batches for gifts.  May as well dress up!

• Love 12
On 10/12/2020 at 4:44 PM, Kohola3 said:

No, most of the airlines dropped that already.  WIth fewer flights they are packing people in like sardines.

So, in usual Brown fambly fashion, they probably waited until the last minute to book flights and had to pay for the only seats left, the most expensive ones.

• Love 3
On 10/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, Kohola3 said:

No, most of the airlines dropped that already.  WIth fewer flights they are packing people in like sardines.

I flew to San Diego a couple weeks ago to spend time with my sister and nephew, and you're right. Smaller planes and full. Everyone wearing masks. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, Kohola3 said:

What lovely hair she has. I hope she doesn't follow her half siblings into the Wonderful World of Hair Dye.

And full sibling Mykelti, who also looks better with her natural hair colour.

• Love 4

Oh, perfect timing!  I don't know why I get this email with the word of the day (maybe they know I do crosswords a lot!) but, I just got one that says the word of the day is "crapulous."  Meaning:  given to or characterized by gross excess in drinking or eating.

Gwen just demonstrated her ability to be crapulous! 🤢

• LOL 4
  • Love 1