Type keyword(s) to search

Welcome!: New To Primetimer?

• Start Topic

shapeshifter here, as in the OG (1999-2002) Roswell.

Too bad that the name of Previously.TV had to be sacrificed in whatever behind-the-scenes reorganization. Isn't the concept of watching during "prime time" a little passé?

Anyway, since I've been jilted by forum dumps before (TWoP, IMDb, OG FanForum, etc.) experience gives me reason to hope that this change will have some advantages too. I mean, like, did anyone ever really know the definition of "boards on boards" that could theoretically get a poster banned from TWoP?

And, thank you to Dave et al. for not just abandoning Previously.TV with the TWoP equivalent of a 404/baby-left-in-a-basket. Y'all got to make a living and didn't even owe us that. —just hope if you're stuck on an island that it's a nice one.

• Love 10
(edited)

Hi, I'm Galina! I am 33 years old, I am from Ukraine. I was looking for a long time where I could discuss TV shows and I liked this forum the most. I hope I will stay here for a long time!😎

Edited by Friendly kitty
  • Love 7

I preferred the previously.tv name, primetimer sounds a bit cheaper to me (the logo more in your face too).  Just a name and logo I know, nothing else has changed here and I hope nothing does.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 6

Is there a what, where, why article on this changeover?  If someone has a brief summary I'd appreciate it.

ETA: Please disregard.  I see the twitter announcement from @PreviouslyTV.

Edited by MisterGlass
Addition.
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

Is there a what, where, why article on this changeover?  If someone has a brief summary I'd appreciate it.

ETA: Please disregard.  I see the twitter announcement from @PreviouslyTV.

You mean this? 'Cause I'm still wanting to know the who, what, where, when, and why.

ETA: But then we never really got the full scoop on any of the other changes either. 

Somebody with the insider historical knowledge of all these shakeups should write a book. I would volunteer to edit (and ask questions) for clarity.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4

Note sure if this is the corrrect place to ask, but I will try! Has there been some problems with the site for the last couple of days? There was one long period of time(and several shorter ones) when I could not get in(and let me tell you, my stomach sank!) I depend on  you guys for all the tv forums that you guys provide! BTW, thanks for the great work!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

Has there been some problems with the site for the last couple of days? There was one long period of time(and several shorter ones) when I could not get in

I had a few brief ones--I think last night. I figured it was just growing pains since it happened at the same time that they switched the URL from forums.previously.tv to forums.primetimer.com

• Love 3

Hi everyone! I'm Lisa. I'm 27. Living in Brooklyn, NY.

Found this forum after searching (for spoilers 🙈) online about 90 Day Fiance. But it's been years (more like 13...) since I've discovered TV related forums in general (anyone remember Fan Forum?) so I'm glad to see such an active community still exists around here! Excited to be part of it, now. 😊

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sweetpink92 said:

Hi everyone! I'm Lisa. I'm 27. Living in Brooklyn, NY.

Found this forum after searching (for spoilers 🙈) online about 90 Day Fiance. But it's been years (more like 13...) since I've discovered TV related forums in general (anyone remember Fan Forum?) so I'm glad to see such an active community still exists around here! Excited to be part of it, now. 😊

Welcome, @sweetpink92!

(edited)

Hi everyone 😊 

After becoming hooked on RHOBH, to wanting to know what others thought of the show, to loving and being thoroughly entertained by the oh so many funny posters, to very recently becoming a member here, I now find there is this forum, (thank you walnutqueen!). 

I’m playing catch up and going back as far as 2015 - so much to read and enjoy and so little time in between real life and it’s distractions!

Forgive me if this is too personal but Kungfubunny, you are hilarious!  Along with many of your other posts which have had me nodding my head sagely, to grinning in agreement, your post about your experience with getting an iPhone had me in stitches - it was exactly my experience.  And this is what I’ve found through life’s journey, comedy is about truth.  Dave Allen (Irish comedian) did skits that had me doubled up with laughter and every word he said was simply about reality. 

Anyway, that’s my introduction.

Edited by Pansy
  • Love 3

Welcome to PTV (now PRIMETIMER) and to cronehood, @Pansy!

"Once Were Babes" is the title of my unmade movie biopic.

I was at my local Grocery Outlet this a.m., sporting a Superman logo tee, and my delightful stock clerk asked me if it stood for Superman or Supergirl.  I told him it stood for Supercrone, and we both laughed like loons.

Growing older is SO much better than the alternative ...

• Like 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Welcome to PTV (now PRIMETIMER) and to cronehood, @Pansy!

"Once Were Babes" is the title of my unmade movie biopic.

I was at my local Grocery Outlet this a.m., sporting a Superman logo tee, and my delightful stock clerk asked me if it stood for Superman or Supergirl.  I told him it stood for Supercrone, and we both laughed like loons.

Growing older is SO much better than the alternative ...

Isn’t it just!  Am I an official cronehead now? I hope so!

Bless you for being you walnutqueen - and thank you for making me so welcome. 

• Love 2

Hi!  I'm brand new, just registered a couple of hours ago after lurking on the site since TWOP went down. 

I live in Oregon and can't imagine living anyplace else in the world. I'm a semi-retired coffin/casket maker (this is the point where I get weird looks of shock when I say what I do for a living). I'm going to retire at the end of the year, but still work there part time training.  My grandpa pounded it into my head to save, save, save for retirement as young as you can. I've been saving since I turned 30 and I'm taking advantage of it. I will be fully retired in a year and then I'll focus full time on my pets and my gardens. 

Nice to 'meet' you all!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rescue Mama said:

Hi!  I'm brand new, just registered a couple of hours ago after lurking on the site since TWOP went down. 

I live in Oregon and can't imagine living anyplace else in the world. I'm a semi-retired coffin/casket maker (this is the point where I get weird looks of shock when I say what I do for a living). I'm going to retire at the end of the year, but still work there part time training.  My grandpa pounded it into my head to save, save, save for retirement as young as you can. I've been saving since I turned 30 and I'm taking advantage of it. I will be fully retired in a year and then I'll focus full time on my pets and my gardens. 

Nice to 'meet' you all!

You had me at Rescue, Mama, and solidified it with an "early" retirement plan!  You'll find a whole lot of animal lovers here, and bunch of gardeners, too. Welcome!

I'd be returning to the PNW, probably north of your beloved Oregon, if I could afford to move my comfortable fat ass away from easy peasy, lemon squeezy sunny SoCal ... le sigh.  ;~)

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, PentaHookUp said:

Howdy.

I'm newish.

I'm a Mark Twain fan.

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest."  Mark Twain

Mark Twain said my all time favorite quote..."The more I know people, the more I like my dog".  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

Hello long time reader and pretty new to posting.  Is there a place to learn things like how to quote and other mysteries I could use some help

Welcome aboard!

How to quote and many other mysteries are asked and answered here.

planned parenthood GIF

• Love 2

Wow, long, long time lurker here.  Way back to TWOP.  As soon as I got the nerve to set up a profile with them, they were gone.  I then found PreviouslyTV, lurked and lurked and lurked (as well as laughed and laughed and laughed), got the courage to set up a profile there and BAM! All of a sudden it was  PrimeTimer.  Figure I better get in while the gettin's good.  Right?  So nice to be here with you all. . . finally!

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Hi. I’ve already posted (have never joined anywhere before) so can I still introduce myself? 

I’m so backwards now. Have I already blown it?

I’ve enjoyed reading here for so long and finally got the courage to join up.

This is a great outlet, sharing of info and ideas and often hilarious! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Hi everyone! I’ve been reading posts since TWOP and finally signed up. Is there somewhere I can go to learn how to respond to someone’s post? I tried it on Before the 90 Days but pretty sure I screwed it up! Thanks!

6 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

Hi everyone! I’ve been reading posts since TWOP and finally signed up. Is there somewhere I can go to learn how to respond to someone’s post? I tried it on Before the 90 Days but pretty sure I screwed it up! Thanks!

Welcome!

Try the 'How To' section over here.

Heya, what's up. I'm a 30 year old Singaporean Chinese who has spent the past few months trying to catch up with five '90s TV series (Simpsons, X-Files, Millennium, Buffy, and Angel). I've watching these five shows in rotation, and now I've arrived near the end of season 5 Buffy and season 2 Angel. Since I've been writing a lot of reviews for many TV shows lately, I was looking for a forum where I could post my reviews and discuss these shows with a community, which is how I've arrived here in my search for TV discussion forums.

I'm also a big anime fan, currently watching two anime; one is an old medical drama based on the manga of Osamu Tezuka (father of modern anime), titled "Black Jack", while the other is a more recent and a more popular one called "Erased" that's a murder mystery with time travel. Currently working on the review for the former, which I'll be posting up soon.

Let's see, a little about me... I'm a pretty simple man with simple interests like movies and video games. I'm picky with my food, but my tastes in them are also simple, my favorites being French fries and cheeseburgers. While I've recently made more effort to spend time on TV series, something I've always had trouble binging, my first love was movies, particularly all the big-name geek classics like Aliens, Terminator and Back to the Future. I'm not sure why I just decided to finally take time to watch popular series that are over 20 years old, but I guess with the spare time I have nowadays, I figured it's time to catch up on shows I've missed out on all this time.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Hope I'll be able to contribute lots of discussions here. Ciao!

Edited by MagnusHex
  • Love 6

Hi! Another newbie here! I registered last month, trying to find somewhere to talk about my fav shows, but wasn't very sure to actually join in, since I noticed quite a lot of hate and nasty comments towards characters I enjoy, so I thought impossible for me to be accepted there. But the board has a wide range of topics, so I'll just go about all of them and practice my english (my first language is portuguese, I'm from Brazil) 

Hi to everyone, nice to meet you all!! 

Edited by Lya167
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Lya167 said:

Hi! Another newbie here! I registered last month, trying to find somewhere to talk about my fav shows, but wasn't very sure to actually join in, since I noticed quite a lot of hate and nasty comments towards characters I enjoy, so I thought impossible for me to be accepted there. But the boards has a wide range of topics, so I'll just go about all of them and practice my english (my first language is portuguese, I'm from Brazil) 

Welcome! 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lya167 said:

Hi! Another newbie here! I registered last month, trying to find somewhere to talk about my fav shows, but wasn't very sure to actually join in, since I noticed quite a lot of hate and nasty comments towards characters I enjoy, so I thought impossible for me to be accepted there. But the board has a wide range of topics, so I'll just go about all of them and practice my english (my first language is portuguese, I'm from Brazil) 

Welcome!!!

Yes, people here can often be very opinionated about their opinions on TV shows, characters, and sometimes those in the entertainment industry. Don’t let that dissuade you, because people on these forums, with very rare exceptions, are incredibly respectful of other posters opinions and feelings even if they are opposite of their own perspective. it is so refreshing to have lively discussions with others.

The lessons social media platforms and the broader community and could take from the respectfulness of posters here...

• Love 4

I would have posted here sooner but only became aware of this thread until now a few months after I joined the site.  The thread is a little hidden away!

I actually came about this site due to a conversation I had with my therapist.  Stranger Things came up in conversation and she mentioned maybe looking for a forum I could talk about it online.  I’m apart of other forums of topics I’m interested in (sports, Madonna, social anxiety) and use them as a way to destress a little.  

So doing a Google search this one came up for Stranger Things conversations.   Little did I know there’s many other topics here as well!  Overall so far so good here 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1