Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E09: American Psycho

• Start Topic

Hunter enlists Wes' help in repairing his relationship with Georgia; players must communicate with extreme precision while jumping between speeding trucks during the "Road Warrior" challenge; TJ stuns the remaining teams.

Airs April 3, 2019.

You know what I don’t need to see on my tv? Multiple shots of Cam’s puke flying around. 

You know what I don’t need to hear on my tv? Paulie and Cara doing the nasty. 

Cara can go away forever at this point. 

Excited for this to turn into an individual game. This season has been better solely because they are showing challenges and eliminations in the same episodes but these last few episodes have been a little stale. 

• Love 11

"Ooooooooohhhhh . . . we're halfway there . . . . whuh oh . . . livin' on the hope this season isn't a complete clusterfuck . . . so take my hand . . . not you because you touched Bear and Paulie, and I don't wanna get a disease . . . whuh oh . .. "

Basically, this week was about team dynamics . . . trying to keep one's partner happy while balancing alliances. And then Teege blows that up at the very end. Everyone plays for themselves, "final relic" indicates that there won't be any more immunity, and a $750K payday for the winner . . . and guilt-free to boot! Also, the chance to vault past Johnny on the money leaderboard. I hope it's Wes. He wins, he flies past Smashley AND it gives Johnny a case of major butthurt. What's not to like?

Nice mission concept. One of those things that has probably been on a drawing board for a long time,and nobody got hurt. Well, Wes got in Bear's grill, but I don't think he was going to hit him . . . even  though Bear clearly deserves it at this point. Worst part was Cara enthusing about Paulie's dick. Has any Challenger in the history of the series disappointed that many fans over a short timespan? The only way it would be worse if she started getting friendly with Dionne from Go Big Or Go Home. I didn't think he was human so much as a collection a carnival-born diseases with a hivemind. Also, Kyle had to her that. I'm sure he's still an asshole, but Cara is doing everything short of going A Clockwork Orange on him, forcing his eyes open and making him watch footage of her and Paulie fucking.

On the Facebook group, most of the people bitched out Hunter. I didn't really understand. Georgia blinks at TJ's implied threat, and we get Paulie & Natalie taking out Killa Kam (Pukeah Kam?) and Boy Ashley. Great concept for a Killing Floor, even with Kam spewing. Some of that may have been bile from when Wes said that her kid would be disappointed in her. That was a bit low. Leave parents and children out of the drama. And afterward, we got to see Natalie dance like she just cleared a course on American Ninja Warrior. In other words, probably for the first time ever.

Hunter isn't popular now. Jawing with Turbo next week might get him death threats. And security is seen holding Turkish Delight back, so you know he's mad. I want a lot of things to happen this season, and one of them is Turbo not turning into a dick.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Great concept for a Killing Floor, even with Kam spewing. Some of that may have been bile from when Wes said that her kid would be disappointed in her. That was a bit low. Leave parents and children out of the drama.

Not arguing about the low blow, but Wes said that to Da'Vonne. I don't think Kam has any kids. I like Kam, but I really disliked Ashley, so I'm fine that they went home. If only they could have taken Paulie with them.

9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I want a lot of things to happen this season, and one of them is Turbo not turning into a dick.

I want so much for Turbo to not turn into a dick. I want Hunter to lose, I want Paulie and Cara to lose, I want to not see any more shots of people vomiting (but we haven't had an eating challenge yet, you know that's coming).

Cara, you are making me root for Kyle. I understand that he hurt your feelings, and nobody says you have to like him. But focusing so hard on getting "revenge" is not a good look, and I don't think it's helping you win. Let it gooooooooo.

• Love 6

Ughhhh I want Cara and Paulie gone so bad. 

Also I did NOT need to see Kam puking like that.

Lastly, good to know Hunter is still an idiot. And I can’t help it, I still love Georgia despite her Bear stuff and was so happy she voted in Paulie.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, strippedhalo said:

Not arguing about the low blow, but Wes said that to Da'Vonne. I don't think Kam has any kids. I like Kam, but I really disliked Ashley, so I'm fine that they went home. If only they could have taken Paulie with them.

Fuck, you're right. I hate when I do shit like that.

Maybe someone could get footage of Cara bitching about Kyle and set it to "Let It Go." I mean, Kyle's probably an asshole, and Cara can make her own choices, but it's like she keeps dropping Paulie's drawers and shoving his groin in Kyle's face.

7 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I love the special effects they give Turbo.

I'm thinking maybe MTV could make a Street Fighter-style video game based on this series. It could be more two-dimensional, and it would still sell so well.

ETA: Once again, how was Hunter a wuss at the Killing Floor? Voting strategies are often over my head.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

No matter how off-putting how the players have behaved, the challenges on this season have been great and the players have performed well.

And they have kept most of the drama limited.  Most of the episodes have had one mission and one elimination, minimal politicking or polidicking in between.

Sure Cara induces eyerolls with her “she doth protest too much” about her relationship with Paulie but I just tune that out and it’s not long before you get action.

Not sure what was so difficult about the votes.  There weren’t many teams left and enemies were clearly defined.  It wouldn’t have been smart if Paulie and Ninja didn’t pick one of the Brits at this point, because they didn’t know the teams were going away after that elimination.  So if they got knocked out or a non UK team got knocked out there would be virtually no way to stop the UK alliance.

• Love 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Once again, how was Hunter a wuss at the Killing Floor? Voting strategies are often over my head.

I think the thing was that Hunter didn't want to get "blood" on his hands - he nominated Nany and Turbo to go in because they had previously nominated him and Georgia, and then he insisted on keeping them as his vote to avoid making the other nominated teams mad at him. When Georgia changed her vote to avoid whatever the consequences might be from the votes being tied, Hunter said something like because Georgia was the one who voted for Paulie and Ninja, he was hoping that Paulie wouldn't hold Georgia's vote against Hunter. Basically, when the power was in his hands, he played a scared game. (ETA: Georgia changed her vote because she was also scared, just of a different thing than Hunter was scared of.)

Edited by strippedhalo
Add additional point.
  • Love 5

Wes is a far better narrator for the show than Johnny. I’m loving this season, mostly because of the competition, but Wes being the main talking head has helped too. I don’t know if he can win, but I hope he does. I’m not sure if he has run an individual final since winning ‘The Duel’. So hopefully he gets a chance this season. 

Cara rarely goes into eliminations anymore. She’s had to compete in one h2h elimination in the last 4 seasons combined! Another reason she is now the female Bananas. I can’t stand her. 

Turbo’s celebrations are incredible. He’s still the favorite to win this thing. I’d love to see him get a physical elimination against Paulie Peacock. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, strippedhalo said:

I think the thing was that Hunter didn't want to get "blood" on his hands - he nominated Nany and Turbo to go in because they had previously nominated him and Georgia, and then he insisted on keeping them as his vote to avoid making the other nominated teams mad at him. When Georgia changed her vote to avoid whatever the consequences might be from the votes being tied, Hunter said something like because Georgia was the one who voted for Paulie and Ninja, he was hoping that Paulie wouldn't hold Georgia's vote against Hunter. Basically, when the power was in his hands, he played a scared game. (ETA: Georgia changed her vote because she was also scared, just of a different thing than Hunter was scared of.)

Now it makes sense. I get nominating Nany/Turbo, but Natalie would be the better top-tier “rookie” to send in because she’s attached to Paulie. He goes, so would your migraines. I know, Bear is still there, but Paulie has not dissuaded me from the notion that he sucks.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I loathe Paul, but don’t much like Natalie either.  She’s a sore winner and talks a lot of shit for a rookie.

Cara has turned into human excrement.  What a change from the girl you felt sorry for because Wes? or John? poured beverage over her head.  She is foul and the way she talks about Paul is foul and also beyond needy.  

The initial challenge was made for Kyle and Mattie since she is seven feet tall.  And I would think that even dumbass Paul would not have chosen Wes for a puzzle elimination.

• Love 6

It was only two seasons or so ago when Cara was the face of the show; she was the one chosen to present the crossover questions between commercials.  Now she is so toxic I can't think anyone could still like her.  Maybe she needs some time off.  Maybe like Johnny, she needs to retire.  I don't like most of the Brits, because, as Kam said, I can't understand them, but it nice to see new faces.  Kenny, Coral, Mark and Eric and many others don't compete anymore.  These old faces need to go, too.

While I am glad that the Brits have introduced new players to the game, I can't stand Bear or Ashley and I think both aren't really strong competitors and I'm sick of Kam's attitude on certain things. 

I still love Wes because I just do and he likes to get under people's skin. 

Cara's skin is horrible. And JC quit jumping and humping Paulie, like fuck! She is just so gross and always looks like she hasn't taken a bath in days. 

I love Turbo and hope he goes far. 

• Love 10

I am so confused about Kyle.  I figured he didn’t care about Cara at all anymore, maybe he never really did, but Cara is so hung up on him and Kyle is way over it.  That’s the way it seemed this season and last season.  Now all of a sudden Kyle is “not doing well” and in a funk, because Cara and Paulie are rubbing their relationship in his face?  And he can’t stand it. So does he actually have feelings for her?  That’s a surprise to me but if that’s the case they should get back together because he’s definitely the one she’s in love with. Paulie looks like a moron being with this girl who’s obviously obsessed with her ex, and Paulie is obsessed by her obsession.  Meanwhile Paulie threw out a girl that apparently was truly in love with him so that he can be with Cara.  I don’t get it, she’s repulsive to me, especially lately, but not for me to judge their feelings for each other.  Still I’m surprised by Kyle coming in at the last minute all miserable over this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Wes, I appreciate that you empathize with the viewers having to watch Cara and Paulie's BS every week.

Why is Cara's face so shiny? I don't think Kyle's frustration is because he has feelings for Cara. I think Cara and Paulie's obsessive behaviour toward him is wearing him down because they are constantly in his face and a reminder that each week he doesn't win, he's got a good chance of going home. All of his allies are gone so the longer he goes without breaking up that alliance, the more defeated he's feeling and the more he's exposed to Cara and Paulie's antics. I'll be impressed if Kyle manages to run a final with Cara and Paulie still in the game together.

Georgia is a really bad judge of character, my goodness. But I was here for all of Wes' moments this episode. He called himself a damn trophy, LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have to think that Paulie knew from the beginning that if they got to the killing floor and it was a physical challenge, he could call out Wes and Dee and lose without his ego not getting hurt. Win and its a trophy, as Wes said.  But most of all I think deep down he knew that Natalie was going to ask him not to put in Dee because his partner wouldn't want that, so regardless he knew that if he was going in, since he couldn't pick Bear and daVonne, he was picking Ashley and Kam. Even if he did think he was picking Wes and Dee, when he came in and saw a puzzle he would have immediately changed his mind. Chances were higher against someone else. 

On 4/4/2019 at 10:17 AM, strippedhalo said:

On top of this, Hunter was banking on the fact that Georgia would break and change her vote to avoid going in.  He knew how Georgia would vote and that she would likely cave to avoid putting herself at risk, and so by doing that, he could try to play it off like HE didn't do anything to put Paulie in, she did it.  But, by him sticking with his vote for Nany and Turbo instead of changing it, he was creating the situation that led to them being put in, and it was a transparent strategy, which is why Wes commented that TYB never really gets anywhere. 

On 4/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, Neveragain said:

I am so confused about Kyle.  I figured he didn’t care about Cara at all anymore, maybe he never really did, but Cara is so hung up on him and Kyle is way over it.  That’s the way it seemed this season and last season.  Now all of a sudden Kyle is “not doing well” and in a funk, because Cara and Paulie are rubbing their relationship in his face?  And he can’t stand it. So does he actually have feelings for her?  That’s a surprise to me but if that’s the case they should get back together because he’s definitely the one she’s in love with. Paulie looks like a moron being with this girl who’s obviously obsessed with her ex, and Paulie is obsessed by her obsession.  Meanwhile Paulie threw out a girl that apparently was truly in love with him so that he can be with Cara.  I don’t get it, she’s repulsive to me, especially lately, but not for me to judge their feelings for each other.  Still I’m surprised by Kyle coming in at the last minute all miserable over this. 

I just want all 3 of them gone at this point.  Cara wanted Kyle, then Kyle banged other people and Cara got jealous so she banged Paulie.  Paulie banged someone else, but Cara seems to feel like she's still the top prize and she's coming back into the house lording the fact that she's got Paulie and they're superduper hot and haz the sexy timez everywhere over everyone.  This is apparently supposed to make Kyle jealous, even though he was busy banging everyone else last year.  Weirdly, it is throwing Kyle off his game, but instead of reveling in that, Cara seems to be annoyed that he hasn't fallen down and died from not having Cara so she's off pouting about that.  I feel like I'm changing classes in like 7th grade.