Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Watching the 2014 season and wow. I know y’all explained the reason but how blatantly different they handled Hannah and Veronica having weight issues was so unfair. 

Hannah asked that first office visit if there was anything they’d recommend and they just told her to watch her nutrition. 

Yet they volunteered My fit foods to Veronica without her even asking. 

They could have at least edited to take out the favoritism. 

Edited by AnotherSadLove
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Watching the 2014 season and wow. I know y’all explained the reason but how blatantly different they handled Hannah and Veronica having weight issues was so unfair. 

Hannah asked that first office visit if their was anything they’d recommend and they just told her to watch her nutrition. 

Yet they volunteered My fit foods to Veronica without her even asking. 

They could have at least edited to take out the favoritism. 

It seemed like Kelli was pissed off at Hannah on the first day of TC and the 2 times she was called in.  I think Veronica got a chance  to lose weight with MFF because she was a 4 yr vet.

5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

It seemed like Kelli was pissed off at Hannah on the first day of TC and the 2 times she was called in.  I think Veronica got a chance  to lose weight with MFF because she was a 4 yr vet.

In another thread i think, folks discovered it was because at the time Veronica had a Nike ad representing Native Americans. They def weren't going to let her go..

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I always got the impression that Judy  DID NOT want Kenley to make it back at all. It seemed like Kelli and Charlotte wanted to give her another  chance. I thought Kenley only made it to semi finals ( with panel interviews) and not finals (solos). 

Panel interviews are a part of finals, not semis so she definitely made it there the second time. And Judy for sure didn't want her back. She gave her the only no at prelims I believe. 

• Love 3

Four year vet, Nike ambassador, humble attitude, obviously devastated about her weight gain. Hannah didn’t seem to be taking it as seriously and comes across kind of smirky in her office visits.  They seem to respond best to tears or a can do fix it attitude like Tasha had. IIRC, Hannah had slipped pretty quickly into weight warnings her rookie year and then wasn’t making progress during camp. I was shocked at the time but now it just all looks weirdly edited and awkward. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
On 11/21/2020 at 1:47 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Rainer did do haircuts - he is now part owner of a salon and still does hair

The girls would sign up for challenges, not knowing until the day of, what the challenge was.  That's why Megan Fox probably looks sick when she finds out she has signed up to skydive:)

I always keep forgetting that there was a Megan Fox on the team. I was sitting there like "What does Megan Fox have to do with DCC?" lol

Also I remember there was a Starr Spangler too. She was on the Amazing Race and won. Like I am all for the patriotism but calling your child Starr Spangler was kinda weird. I liked her in MTT though.

• LOL 4
27 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I always keep forgetting that there was a Megan Fox on the team. I was sitting there like "What does Megan Fox have to do with DCC?" lol

Also I remember there was a Starr Spangler too. She was on the Amazing Race and won. Like I am all for the patriotism but calling your child Starr Spangler was kinda weird. I liked her in MTT though.

I am still shocked that a former DCC won the Amazing Race, I had no idea she was a DCC when I watched her Amazing Race season. Her real name is not Starr, her name is Emily according to the Amazing Race Wikipedia - so she *chooses* to be called Starr Spangler 😂 I liked her on her Amazing Race season but her relationship with her brother felt a little weird sometimes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was watching an older season - What did Holly actually do? Party with the players or was there something more?

From what I've read Jenna was doing the same too? the fact that she turned witness was the only reason she was reprieved of any punishment apart from losing the front of the triangle?

35 minutes ago, mani said:

I was watching an older season - What did Holly actually do? Party with the players or was there something more?

From what I've read Jenna was doing the same too? the fact that she turned witness was the only reason she was reprieved of any punishment apart from losing the front of the triangle?

IIRC, Jenna was getting Holly into the 21+ clubs for drinking and partying while Holly was most definitely underage.  In addition, they were both rumored to be hooking up with Dallas Cowboys players and doing so quite visibly.  Jenna was rumored to be playing footsie with Dak (and thought it was serious enough to be hearing wedding bells while he was in it for the fun) and Holly was rumored to be hanging out with Ezekial even though he was not exactly the most law-abiding player out there.

Jenna fessed up to everything and thus escaped most of the punishment (though she did lose point among other things) while Holly straight-up lied to Kelli's face and continued to do so until Kelli called her on it.  The rumor is that Holly threatened to quit, expecting Kelli to beg her to stay (because Holly was one of their best dancers) and Kelli said "Okay.  I'm calling you on that.  Either quit right now or I'm cutting you right now."  Holly chose to resign.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

In addition, they were both rumored to be hooking up with Dallas Cowboys players and doing so quite visibly. 

If that were the case, WHY on earth would Kelli have not cut one or both of them on the spot?  Ratings? Drama?  And the night that she called both Jenna and Holly in the office, she was WAY too lenient on BOTH of them.  What's the point of even keeping Jenna if she were going to demote her from point?

Is Kash still working for the DCC?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

If that were the case, WHY on earth would Kelli have not cut one or both of them on the spot?  Ratings? Drama?  And the night that she called both Jenna and Holly in the office, she was WAY too lenient on BOTH of them.  What's the point of even keeping Jenna if she were going to demote her from point?

Kelli WAS too lenient on the both of them, especially after she gave that fake pep talk to Jenna about the whole thing.  Add in the fact that there was the rumor that Jenna and Holly were doing the club rounds the previous season as well (I can't believe I didn't include that earlier), BOTH should have been cut right then and there, especially when Kelli confronted Holly about her lies.  Lying to the boss's face (except in extreme circumstances of which this was NOT one) about activities that were not only expressly forbidden by the contract signed at the beginning of every season, but are outright illegal, should be grounds for immediate termination.  Jenna might not be the one drinking underage but she was knowingly and willingly helping a minor engage in illegal activities so that should have been grounds to terminate her position with the company right then and there.  Jenna also had the nerve to whine about getting point taken away when she was lucky to be on the squad at all.

I know people said that getting point taken away (and I think she didn't get to go to Canton either) was enough punishment, but, given all the hijinks she was involved in both the previous year and the year this happened, she was lucky she didn't get a fine, jail time, or both.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli WAS too lenient on the both of them, especially after she gave that fake pep talk to Jenna about the whole thing.  Add in the fact that there was the rumor that Jenna and Holly were doing the club rounds the previous season as well (I can't believe I didn't include that earlier), BOTH should have been cut right then and there, especially when Kelli confronted Holly about her lies.  Lying to the boss's face (except in extreme circumstances of which this was NOT one) about activities that were not only expressly forbidden by the contract signed at the beginning of every season, but are outright illegal, should be grounds for immediate termination.  Jenna might not be the one drinking underage but she was knowingly and willingly helping a minor engage in illegal activities so that should have been grounds to terminate her position with the company right then and there.  Jenna also had the nerve to whine about getting point taken away when she was lucky to be on the squad at all.

I know people said that getting point taken away (and I think she didn't get to go to Canton either) was enough punishment, but, given all the hijinks she was involved in both the previous year and the year this happened, she was lucky she didn't get a fine, jail time, or both.

Do you happen to remember if Jenna was the one that told on Erica about drinking/hanging out in the stands while she was suppose to be in the locker room during the HOF game?  I can't remember if I just thought that or if it was speculated here too....the fact that they basically told Jenna she needed to step up & tattle when needed and then the Erica thing happened around the same time Jenna asked if she would get point back....I always thought there was something connected there

• Useful 1

IIRC Erica told on herself by posting it on social media where members of DCC staff followed her. Snapchat, maybe? Bonehead move. 

I feel like fraternization only gets enforced if it’s visible and/or problematic. Low key relationship with a low visibility player like Jeff Heath? Meh. Being drunk in public as a minor with a player constantly on media radar because of his drunken antics? Not gonna fly. Jenna, Holly and Erica got away with a lot of a nonsense because of their dance talent and the limit was hit. 

There’s a reason early on, maybe six, where Kelly says she’s going to be tough and not very tolerant and it makes me chuckle upon rewatch. Like girl...hot messes are headed your way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, tarheel220 said:

No, it was after I think because that's why she went back to Florida.  She married the guy, but I saw later that they got divorced and she remarried.

Incorrect, she got married February 2013, and was on the 2014-2015 squad.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, tarheel220 said:

No, it was after I think because that's why she went back to Florida.  She married the guy, but I saw later that they got divorced and she remarried.

Incorrect, she got married February 2013, and was on the 2014-2015 team. So she wasn’t a DCC when she was on SYTTD.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, whiteclawssuck said:

Incorrect, she got married February 2013, and was on the 2014-2015 team. So she wasn’t a DCC when she was on SYTTD.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking...I could have sworn we discussed her on SYTTD while she was in training camp

I always thought Kelli was lenient with Jenna because she was a sixth year vet and she (Kelli) didn't want to admit on TV that such a high-ranking DCC could behave so badly, if that makes sense.  And maybe they finagled the story a bit for the sake of the tv show.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I always thought Kelli was lenient with Jenna because she was a sixth year vet and she (Kelli) didn't want to admit on TV that such a high-ranking DCC could behave so badly, if that makes sense.  And maybe they finagled the story a bit for the sake of the tv show.

This may be an unpopular opinion here (as the general consensus seems to be that Jenna threw Holly under the bus to save her own skin) but I think Holly's forced resignation was due to her own misbehaviour then flat-out lying to TPTB and that cocky attitude after (I am not sorry for what I did)...  

Jenna probably survived for another year because out of those three (Holly, Jenna, Erica) she was the only one who seemed to have expressed some humbleness and said she was sorry. Some question whether that was sincere but Jenna's life was DCC and all she had, so I truly believe that she understood she had to change.We all know how Kelli loves power and hates to be contradicted or defied... And frankly, Kelli really could not afford to lose another powerhouse dancer that season. 

It was a disastrous season, for more reasons than one, but that triangle still puts a smile to my face! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

As for Holly, there was talk that her mother encouraged her to resign rather than be cut.  I think Jenna continued to dig a hole about texting Shelley about how long will I be punished or will I get point back.  I believe they had a Frank talk with her about moving on prior to the next season.  It seemed so fake when Jenna went up to hug KaShara after she was made point & then looked to see if the camera caught the hug & cheesy smile! Sooo fake.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Maybe it’s just me but Janelle’s boobs were not that darn big for Kelly to be so shocked about them lol 

Amy from IL and Karissa Lanae were more impressive to me compared to the rest of their body. 

But Janelle's were real.  😉  

j/k- I think Karissa's were real, too.  I'm glad she got to stay long enough for a make-over.  Her orange hair and pimples were awful.  She looked so much better with the dark hair.  

12 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

This may be an unpopular opinion here (as the general consensus seems to be that Jenna threw Holly under the bus to save her own skin) but I think Holly's forced resignation was due to her own misbehaviour then flat-out lying to TPTB and that cocky attitude after (I am not sorry for what I did)...  

Jenna probably survived for another year because out of those three (Holly, Jenna, Erica) she was the only one who seemed to have expressed some humbleness and said she was sorry. Some question whether that was sincere but Jenna's life was DCC and all she had, so I truly believe that she understood she had to change.We all know how Kelli loves power and hates to be contradicted or defied... And frankly, Kelli really could not afford to lose another powerhouse dancer that season. 

It was a disastrous season, for more reasons than one, but that triangle still puts a smile to my face! 

I agree that Jenna was all about being a DCC.  Holly probably thought of it as a springboard to other things.

And this may be unpopular, but I always loved watching Jenna dance. She really does go all out and look like she's having the best time.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 607:  During the office visits I thought I saw Abigail Klein on a calendar cover. Did she ever make one that any of yall know?

That was the year of the teeny teeny tiny shorts.

9 hours ago, 88Keys said:

j/k- I think Karissa's were real, too.

For some reason I'm impressed by the girls that don't think they have to get enhancements.   Definitely it is a matter of choice, but it's okay not to have DDs.  

• Love 2
On 11/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, 88Keys said:

I definitely think there was a big of story adjustment for the sake of time and clarity on the show. In my uneducated opinion, I think it’s just incredibly hard to recover from losing such a senior team member, especially one who has the highest leadership role. It drastically shifts the team dynamic and requires a lot of readjustment — not to mention, somebody new has to fill that role. Not that I don’t think Jinelle couldn’t have done it, because I think she was probably a great leader, but a LOT changes when you make that drastic of a decision. I think Jenna would’ve had to done something much more extreme for Kelli to justify a cut. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

That was the year of the teeny teeny tiny shorts.

For some reason I'm impressed by the girls that don't think they have to get enhancements.   Definitely it is a matter of choice, but it's okay not to have DDs.  

Agreed.  The DCC blouse does a great job of turning a little into a lot, anyway.  And I would think it would be harder to dance with heavy double D's bouncing around on your chest.  

3 hours ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I definitely think there was a big of story adjustment for the sake of time and clarity on the show. In my uneducated opinion, I think it’s just incredibly hard to recover from losing such a senior team member, especially one who has the highest leadership role. It drastically shifts the team dynamic and requires a lot of readjustment — not to mention, somebody new has to fill that role. Not that I don’t think Jinelle couldn’t have done it, because I think she was probably a great leader, but a LOT changes when you make that drastic of a decision. I think Jenna would’ve had to done something much more extreme for Kelli to justify a cut. 

I love Janelle, but I don't think she could have been a point girl.  Her dancing always looked kind of gangly to me.  

13 hours ago, 88Keys said:

j/k- I think Karissa's were real, too.  I'm glad she got to stay long enough for a make-over.  Her orange hair and pimples were awful.  She looked so much better with the dark hair.  

I agree that Jenna was all about being a DCC.  Holly probably thought of it as a springboard to other things.

And this may be unpopular, but I always loved watching Jenna dance. She really does go all out and look like she's having the best time.

But Karissa not keeping up with the hair... it didn’t look great during season 7 auditions

On 11/26/2020 at 9:08 PM, AnotherSadLove said:

Maybe it’s just me but Janelle’s boobs were not that darn big for Kelly to be so shocked about them lol 

Amy from IL and Karissa Lanae were more impressive to me compared to the rest of their body. 

Haha, your cup size is just the difference between the measurement around your ribcage and the measurement around the fullest part of your breasts.  (1 inch difference = A cup, 2 inches = B cup, etc).  So I think Kelli's surprise was more at the fact that Jinelle measures a DD, probably because she's so petite.  Kelli said she is a DD herself, but her DD's look very different than Jinelle's!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Agreed.  The DCC blouse does a great job of turning a little into a lot, anyway.  And I would think it would be harder to dance with heavy double D's bouncing around on your chest.  

I love Janelle, but I don't think she could have been a point girl.  Her dancing always looked kind of gangly to me.  

Oh, I really only meant as a leader. I personally find Jinelle beautiful, but I understand that not everyone does. 
And as much as we roll our eyes at Kelli’s “world class dancers” claims, these girls really are trained to be adaptable — they have to be. I don’t think changing formations would have been an issue for more than a day. The change in leadership dynamic is the challenging thing. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 1006:  Who thinks Megan B pulled the Anatomy and Physiology card out of her @$$ when she realized she was about to be cut?

LOL....I was just wondering that. When she went outside and was saying goodbye to everyone, I wondered if she had mentioned to anyone that she may have to quit. 

That’s one of my fav scenes ever. Megan’s chirpy “Hi Kelli. Hi Judy” and then Kelli’s indignation that someone woukd dare quit on them. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 1006:  Who thinks Megan B pulled the Anatomy and Physiology card out of her @$$ when she realized she was about to be cut?

I had heard that she had auditioned with a friend who didn't make it to TC.  Probably felt she was in over her head ( maybe didn't want to be there without her friend) and used it as an excuse to quit. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Whatever her reasoning she did it with charm & style...takes a lot to render Kelli speechless.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

That’s one of my fav scenes ever. Megan’s chirpy “Hi Kelli. Hi Judy” and then Kelli’s indignation that someone woukd dare quit on them. 

Megan B. was one of the most seriously whacked TCC's ever.  Her "Hey Kelly, Hi Judy" stint was from her mentoring session suggestion from Melissa.  Between that and her forced laugh, she sounded so fake. Reminded me of a Stepford wife. 

K&J definitely dodged a bullet with that one being gone.  Scary AF.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Haha, your cup size is just the difference between the measurement around your ribcage and the measurement around the fullest part of your breasts.  (1 inch difference = A cup, 2 inches = B cup, etc).  So I think Kelli's surprise was more at the fact that Jinelle measures a DD, probably because she's so petite.  Kelli said she is a DD herself, but her DD's look very different than Jinelle's!

Or so they say when it comes to getting the correct bra-sizes. However, if you go to a decent store with expert consultants, they'll laugh at that, give you one good look and hand you sizes you'd never dream of trying on yourself. And guess what? They always fit!

Talking from my own experience here, I was absolutely baffled when the consultant told me told me I'd definitely needed one size up, maybe two, but she was right! And gone are the days of painful, ill-fitting bras. (I have tried this in 4 stores btw!)

So please all, do yourselves a favour, pop into a lingerie store next time you see one and have your size checked!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Or so they say when it comes to getting the correct bra-sizes. However, if you go to a decent store with expert consultants, they'll laugh at that, give you one good look and hand you sizes you'd never dream of trying on yourself. And guess what? They always fit!

Talking from my own experience here, I was absolutely baffled when the consultant told me told me I'd definitely needed one size up, maybe two, but she was right! And gone are the days of painful, ill-fitting bras. (I have tried this in 4 stores btw!)

So please all, do yourselves a favour, pop into a lingerie store next time you see one and have your size checked!

I was a certified fit consultant at one of those stores, I can guarantee you that's how they start out, by measuring you to get a size to have as a baseline.  After that, yes, they may make some adjustments based on how you personally are shaped and what type of bra you need (A-frame, demi, etc).

• Love 3

I didn't like the way Kelli interrogated Gina 2017.

I think she was so misunderstood. IDK if she's the same, but I try not to get too close to people too soon. Especially in situations where it may not be permanent (she could have gotten cut at any point and moved back to Cali).

So asking her about Tara's family etc wasn't fair. Those girls hadn't known each other long. Plus if Tara HAD shared with Gina something Kelli didn't know...that's none of Kelli's business. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

I didn't like the way Kelli interrogated Gina 2017.

I think she was so misunderstood. IDK if she's the same, but I try not to get too close to people too soon. Especially in situations where it may not be permanent (she could have gotten cut at any point and moved back to Cali).

So asking her about Tara's family etc wasn't fair. Those girls hadn't known each other long. Plus if Tara HAD shared with Gina something Kelli didn't know...that's none of Kelli's business. 

I didn't love it either, but Gina didn't appear to be giving Kelli anything to work with, so Kelli was just digging for any little nugget of simple info.  Gina probably could have confirmed what Kelli already knew, like "I know she's the youngest of three kids and was a dancer with the Jets, but there's a group of us going to the zoo tomorrow so I'm looking forward to getting to know her better!" Or even something as simple as "I haven't gotten to know the other girls too well yet, but four of us that moved here from out of state are checking out the zoo tomorrow, so that's exciting."  I suspect that's probably how it really went, but the editors need to make it more exciting for ratings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I feel like there was a lot of "for-TV" manipulation in season 12.  Storylines were created out of next-to-nothing.  I mean, did anyone really think great dancers like Gina, Kyra, and Kaylissa wouldn't make the team because they got tired or lost their sparkle or were too stuck-up?  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Realee said:

OMG,  I’ve been binge watching later seasons and I just went back to season 1.   OMG the candidates - “they said that they don’t mind if people don’t have a lot of dance experience.’. 

It's pretty wild, isn't it?

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Realee said:

Hey since all the seasons are replaying on CBS Access, I wonder if the mods would consider starting boards for seasons 1-8.

That might be a lot of work for the mods to cover.  Most of the forums on Primetimer I've seen, combine older seasons into one thread.