Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

how much I HATE Kitty

Hate leads to suffering. according to master Yoda. It's the path to the Dark Side.. Powerful the dark side is.. 
Hate is not the way 😎

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Which do you think contributed more to Lauren's dismissal.  The interview answer or that solo? I don't have a dog in this fight and never had an opinion on Lauren.

Probably a lackluster rookie year combined with the interview.  I feel like they've acknowledged in several seasons that it's okay to not be a superstar in your solo given the difference in resources for choreography, etc., as long as you completely kill the field routine in the traditional DCC style.  And there are often women who are rewarded Barbies for their solos and never make the team at all.

As for Lauren, I agree that it was probably a trick question.  If she'd been charming and quick on her feet, she could have come back with a good-natured chuckle and said something along the lines of "Oh gosh, tough question!  It's really a bit of both, isn't it?  The uniform is instantly recognized all over the world, and it represents such a fantastic organization and so many wonderful women who have worn it.  As someone who has been lucky enough to wear it this past year, I know we help bring that uniform to life as ambassadors in the community and cheering.  It's so important to me that I represent that uniform well."

It's amazing to me how many of the candidates lack charm during interviews, and I'm not surprised when someone gets the boot when they can't talk to the judges.  Imagine Teri or Lauren at an appearance during an awkward moment, yikes.  Whereas Kashara or Tasha or Maddie could probably fake their way through it and get things turned back around.  Tasha had that bad interview but was okay, because ultimately they knew her well enough to know that was just a bad moment and she was still gracious about it.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, PaulM said:

Hate leads to suffering. according to master Yoda. It's the path to the Dark Side.. Powerful the dark side is.. 
Hate is not the way 😎

OK lets go with "strongly dislike".  (side note:  not a Star Wars fan)

8 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Tasha had that bad interview but was okay, because ultimately they knew her well enough to know that was just a bad moment and she was still gracious about it.

Remind me what happened?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
formatting
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, kalibean said:

It's amazing to me how many of the candidates lack charm during interviews, and I'm not surprised when someone gets the boot when they can't talk to the judges.  Imagine Teri or Lauren at an appearance during an awkward moment, yikes.  Whereas Kashara or Tasha or Maddie could probably fake their way through it and get things turned back around.  Tasha had that bad interview but was okay, because ultimately they knew her well enough to know that was just a bad moment and she was still gracious about it.

Having watched Maddie during interviews, I don't know if she could recover as quickly.  All time fave - Meaghan from Season 6 after answering a question incorrectly - "can I just leave now?"  Charlotte asks her what is her biggest fear - "Interviews."  She got in:) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I think Tasha couldn't name a member of Donald Trump's cabinet? Lol idk she said Kelly Anne Conway, but then said no she's not. At least she knew that she was associated with Trump. And she did know who Sean Spicer was I think. I know they're supposed to know things like that but I probably couldn't have told her one except Mike Pence. Sorry. Lol

That reminded me that they let Kalyssa slide on not being able to name the first lady. Like oh I think she was just confused and thought we were asking her to name the very first first lady, like she said. But she couldn't name Martha Washington as the first first lady either? That made me think if they clarified and asked her to name the current first lady, and if she could do that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Lauren Castillo cut has always intrigued me. When you saw her, she always seemed very attached to Cassie. I’m wondering if she got a little big headed over that and thought she was untouchable at her second year audition? You could tell both Judy and Charlotte were not happy with the smirky “I make the uniform” answer she gave.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Which do you think contributed more to Lauren's dismissal.  The interview answer or that solo? I don't have a dog in this fight and never had an opinion on Lauren.

I haven’t watched that episode in a while, but honestly. i just don’t think they liked her very much. It just seemed like they were looking for a reason to cut her, and she gave them one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Having watched Maddie during interviews, I don't know if she could recover as quickly.  All time fave - Meaghan from Season 6 after answering a question incorrectly - "can I just leave now?"  Charlotte asks her what is her biggest fear - "Interviews."  She got in:) 

YES!  Perfect example.  She had a great smile and charmed her way right on through.  It's not always what they answer, but more about how they answer it.

I'm with you on Maddie, actually.  She strikes me as someone who is good in a one on one situation, and probably great during DCC Camps and such.  She's been awkward as can be in some media appearances, though, like the one she did with Kelli a few months ago.  So situationally I think Maddie could walk through an awkward moment. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think Tasha couldn't name a member of Donald Trump's cabinet? Lol idk she said Kelly Anne Conway, but then said no she's not. At least she knew that she was associated with Trump. And she did know who Sean Spicer was I think.

When Tasha was asked if she knows who Sean Spicer is, her answer was "No ma'am, I do not."  Now granted it's impordunt to keep up with the news, but I don't think that would make her an appearance risk.  Even if every woman on the squad is perfectly well read and up on everything that is going on, nobody is expecting to meet the DCC and get into a q&a over current events.  "So Tasha, how old were you when you started dancing?  And by the way, can you name every Supreme Court justice?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I always saw that as a bit of a trick question. Ultimately, I think the a answer is probably that both make each other, but if I was forced to pick one, I would say that the girl makes the uniform as opposed to the other way around. Saying that the uniform makes the girl just sounds incredibly shallow - reminds me of the empty suit stereotype. The uniform may be iconic, but it’s just fabric. Idk. I still don’t know, years later, what they wanted from that answer.

Given that Kelli likes to refer to uniform-fitting day as similar to the girls trying on a ‘Superman(woman) cape,’ I expect she and Charlotte wanted to hear something consistent with that mindset. “Of course the uniform makes me! Specifically—faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!”

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 505:  Is it me or does it seem like Paula Tabares (sp?) didn't speak english very well?

English was not her first language.  She grew up in South America when she,was younger, I think Bolivia.

26 minutes ago, ABC1234567 said:

English was not her first language.  She grew up in South America when she,was younger, I think Bolivia.

Yeah I knew that. I probably should've worded things differently. Besides her and the Japanese candidates that's come along(Yuko and Yoshiko are the only ones I can think of)  have there been any other TCCs that English wasn't their first language?

These girls that get cut need to think before they open their mouths after Kelli tells them they've been cut.  Case in point:  Liz Reuter telling Kelli and Judy she'd rather have been cut way before she was than being strung along.  Also while I feel sorry for Meghan Flaherty, she was definitely out of line the way she handled her cut.

hellacious grammar and keep thinking of things to comment on
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Also while I feel sorry for Meghan Flaherty, she was definitely out of line the way she handled her cut.

The third time she was cut?  I don't think she was out of line at all.  I totally think they were wasting her time and were using her for ratings.  I mean, Judy said in an earlier season "Meghan will always be someone who struggles to learn choreography."  If you know she will always struggle, why keep bringing her back?

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

The third time she was cut?  I don't think she was out of line at all.  I totally think they were wasting her time and were using her for ratings.  I mean, Judy said in an earlier season "Meghan will always be someone who struggles to learn choreography."  If you know she will always struggle, why keep bringing her back?

Thanks for your opinion.

7 hours ago, ABC1234567 said:

i want to say she is from Colombia.  I'm shocked she did't make it on looks alone.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I would have had a few choice words to say as well and I probably wouldn't have been nearly as gracious as Meghan. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I would have had a few choice words to say as well and I probably wouldn't have been nearly as gracious as Meghan. 

Speaking of gracious, Kamie was very gracious for being cut with her having a severe handicap of coming in so late. That wasn’t even fair to her. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Who else became a mom before being a DCC? I know Sasha, Tasha and Morgan were all moms. I also think Shelly was a DCC had a baby and came back for a few more seasons. 

There was a lady who Shelly cheered with who was a mother. Her name was Linda Badami who became a DCC at 37 and a mother of four. She was on the 1995-96 and 1996-97 squads.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Anduril said:

Speaking of gracious, Kamie was very gracious for being cut with her having a severe handicap of coming in so late. That wasn’t even fair to her. 

My thought on bringing her back was that she needed to have some private catch up lessons and they should have provided that.  It wasn't fair to her to bring her in that late and expect her to get it all on her own.  I thought she was very gracious but they sure didn't hesitate to not let her have a second chance the next year when she reauditioned. 😞 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, 88Keys said:

If you watch the judging from that season, it’s clear Judy did not vote to bring her back into training camp. Because as you said, Judy knew she could never handle the choreography. My interpretation was the other judges kept voting her in because she had a great look and figure (some one mentioned Julia Roberts as a look alike). Other judges don’t care as much about the dance ability, especially in the earlier seasons. Ratings could definitely come into play, but I’m one of those people that naively believes production doesn’t have as much influence when it comes to who makes camp. 

• Love 4

I don’t think a girl that gets brought in a third year should automatically make it. Now, I do think that they shouldn’t bring a girl in if they think that she’s hopeless, and I don’t think a third year TC girl should be cut for style reasons or the “she’s good, but not great” type of bs. But, if she can’t get the choreography, that’s different, IMO. If you don’t have it, you don’t have it. I’m no fan of K&J and think they have handled MANY situations poorly, but a little self-awareness goes a long way as well. After 2 years, a girl should have a good idea if she can learn the choreo, and if she thinks that one more try will make a big difference, but ends up being wrong - welp, it is what it is. 

22 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I totally agree with you on this. I think they brought her back for an easy cut for the show. I actually loved how she defended herself when she was cut. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t think a girl that gets brought in a third year should automatically make it. Now, I do think that they shouldn’t bring a girl in if they think that she’s hopeless, and I don’t think a third year TC girl should be cut for style reasons or the “she’s good, but not great” type of bs. But, if she can’t get the choreography, that’s different, IMO. If you don’t have it, you don’t have it. I’m no fan of K&J and think they have handled MANY situations poorly, but a little self-awareness goes a long way as well. After 2 years, a girl should have a good idea if she can learn the choreo, and if she thinks that one more try will make a big difference, but ends up being wrong - welp, it is what it is. 

But sometimes you get a Brennan out of it:)

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Watching season 9. Anyone know why Sydney Durso ended up staying 7(!) years? And did she have some sort of falling out with the organization? I swear I read that something happened after she left.

I don't remember hearing anything about a falling out. I do remember someone saying maybe she stayed so long because she was hoping to get point and pro bowl and all that, but all she ever got was group leader. And that it was interesting that she cheered for the Mavericks for a year after retiring from DCC. Why did she do that too? Ha

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Watching season 9. Anyone know why Sydney Durso ended up staying 7(!) years? And did she have some sort of falling out with the organization? I swear I read that something happened after she left.

She appeared in a movie and was a cheerleader consultant, and I don't think K&J wanted her to do it????  So she retired and then did it.  Something like that.  

• Love 2

Sydney started really young, if I remember correctly, and being a DCC was a big part of her identity at that point. Plus I think she really just enjoyed it. And then did the Mavs dancers as a new challenge. I think her longevity as a dancer helped with some networking opportunities as well...her business seems to be going quite well. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

My thought on bringing her back was that she needed to have some private catch up lessons and they should have provided that.  It wasn't fair to her to bring her in that late and expect her to get it all on her own.  I thought she was very gracious but they sure didn't hesitate to not let her have a second chance the next year when she reauditioned. 😞 

Not sure how true this is, but there was a rumor that went around saying that she was caught bragging that she was a shoe-in because she was brought back & didn't need to practice.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Not sure how true this is, but there was a rumor that went around saying that she was caught bragging that she was a shoe-in because she was brought back & didn't need to practice.

I would hope she wouldn't be that sure of herself...but you never know 🙂 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I would hope she wouldn't be that sure of herself...but you never know 🙂 

I mean, grain of salt & all that.  Maybe someone mixed her up with the Taylor who got called out by Cassie for bragging about not practicing, added in some more, and the rumor took on a life of its own 🙂 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I mean, grain of salt & all that.  Maybe someone mixed her up with the Taylor who got called out by Cassie for bragging about not practicing, added in some more, and the rumor took on a life of its own 🙂 

Whatttttttt???? Rumors running amok??? Never!!! 😉

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

Sydney started really young, if I remember correctly, and being a DCC was a big part of her identity at that point. Plus I think she really just enjoyed it. And then did the Mavs dancers as a new challenge. I think her longevity as a dancer helped with some networking opportunities as well...her business seems to be going quite well. 

Yes!  She made the squad at 18, so only 24 when she retired.  You’re only young once.  I have a love/hate relationship with her business.  It’s cute, but most of the t shirts are a man’s cut t-shirt.  So that’s a little annoying.  Some of the shirts tend to be not as flattering on us bigger busted gals 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 1108:  With both Yuko and Simone missing the pregame why did they only call in ONE Allstar (Emma)?

Is this the year Kelsey made it? If so squad had 37 to begin with, so minus Yuko and Simone is 35. Add Emma to get the infamous 36. 

5 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Is this the year Kelsey made it? If so squad had 37 to begin with, so minus Yuko and Simone is 35. Add Emma to get the infamous 36. 

Yeah I think it's the year Kelsey made it so that makes sense.  🙂🤔

Added something and I can't read

I had Pluto playing in the background while cooking dinner when I heard Sydney during the first meeting announce it was her 7th time in TC.  All I could think was how sad she hadn't yet moved on with her life.

Edited by go4luca
missing word
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 10:45 AM, mizzhyer said:

Watching her not get through the next audition cycle makes me think bringing her into Season 4 late was a Charlotte decision, and K/J weren't happy with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Watching her not get through the next audition cycle makes me think bringing her into Season 4 late was a Charlotte decision, and K/J weren't happy with it.

Or maybe the rumor was true about her taking her spot for granted in season 4, and she burned her bridges.

Does anyone remember who was on Show Group the year of the Holly/Jenna mess?  I do remember seeing Holly in the SG routine they did for RaeLynn (or however you say/spell it).  So Holly would have to have been replaced.

How did Kelli get the list of clubs she showed Holly during her confrontation with her in Episode 1209?  Wonder if Jenna supplied it and it wasn't edited to show that?  Any idea who might've been "in charge" while Kelli and Judy were in Canton with the veterans?

Added something.
25 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone remember who was on Show Group the year of the Holly/Jenna mess?  I do remember seeing Holly in the SG routine they did for RaeLynn (or however you say/spell it).  So Holly would have to have been replaced.

How did Kelli get the list of clubs she showed Holly during her confrontation with her in Episode 1209?  Wonder if Jenna supplied it and it wasn't edited to show that?  Any idea who might've been "in charge" while Kelli and Judy were in Canton with the veterans?

I think it was Shelly B. because Jenna texted her asking when she was going to be put back in the triangle (or something to that effect). Judy and Kelli didn't like that but Jenna felt she was "continually being punished".

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I think it was Shelly B. because Jenna texted her asking when she was going to be put back in the triangle (or something to that effect). Judy and Kelli didn't like that but Jenna felt she was "continually being punished".

Oohhhhh yeah! Thanks!