Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

The third one, according to the captions on season 3, is Kali.

I’m watching the Season 3 finals, where 5 vets were cut at finals. I have Leah Mullinax & Carmen Butler, but does anyone know who the other three were? I didn’t recognize faces. 

MIchelle Mozek, Kelli Jo Stauffacher and Andrea Rogers were also cut.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

MIchelle Mozek, Kelli Jo Stauffacher and Andrea Rogers were also cut.

Michelle, Carmen, Leah along with Katie Schouten, Leah Parker, and Alex Benvenuto all went on to make the 2008 Mavs Dancers. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

The third one, according to the captions on season 3, is Kali.

I’m watching the Season 3 finals, where 5 vets were cut at finals. I have Leah Mullinax & Carmen Butler, but does anyone know who the other three were? I didn’t recognize faces. 

I believe it was Leah, Carmen, Andrea Rogers, Kelli Jo Stauffacher, and Michell Mozek. Bless her heart, Carmen was a 3 year vet and was cut going into her 4th year. I don’t know much about Michell except that she was in Erica Jenkins wedding recently. I was sad to see Kelli Jo and Leah cut. They both seemed so sweet! 

• Love 3

Have been watching Pluto off & on for weeks plus watched DCC since 2 hr show.   I am surprised that Andrea Rogers was cut( no idea if DCC or non DCC issues involved)as she was a fathead that graced Kell’s door.  Also it seems nowadays that when some girls are cut, it is devastating.  Watch early seasons when girls accept with grace being cut, thank K & J, shed a few tears versus devastation, tears, mascara running, sobs, etc.  I like when their entire life is not pinned on being a DCC but handling with maturity & grace.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Michelle, Carmen, Leah along with Katie Schouten, Leah Parker, and Alex Benvenuto all went on to make the 2008 Mavs Dancers. 

And Kelli Jo is Chief CRM for Ansira, a global marketing firm. So her dancing days are done, but she’s had a killer career. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

And Kelli Jo is Chief CRM for Ansira, a global marketing firm. So her dancing days are done, but she’s had a killer career. 

Wow good for her! Never would have known this. Thanks for sharing!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I am surprised that Andrea Rogers was cut( no idea if DCC or non DCC issues involved)as she was a fathead that graced Kell’s door

Same with Carmen Butler.  But we are talking about the year that Nicole Hamilton flunked the written test, as well as, Dara.  Erica Jenkins was warned about her weight and attitude.  Even Abigail was warned about her weight, even though they didn't show it.  The vets were pulled into the locker room the first night of TC and warned they had scored badly and they were eligible to be cut that year.  I would say the five cut were outdanced and outperformed by an extremely strong rookie class.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But we are talking about the year that Nicole Hamilton flunked the written test, as well as, Dara.  Erica Jenkins was warned about her weight and attitude.  Even Abigail was warned about her weight

Was this the year Charlotte asked Kelli "What are you feeding the cheerleaders in the offseason?"?

39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was this the year Charlotte asked Kelli "What are you feeding the cheerleaders in the offseason?"?

I think it was season 7. It was the year the 5 vets (Alyssa, Meghan, Kamilah, Cassie, and Jenna) were cut.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

yep!

So now we know that Kelli's missed at least 2 rehearsals since MTT started (1. her flight was late and 2. she was sick). Hmmm you'd think they'd be more lenient on the girls but NOPE.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

So now we know that Kelli's missed at least 2 rehearsals since MTT started (1. her flight was late and 2. she was sick). Hmmm you'd think they'd be more lenient on the girls but NOPE.

Missing rehearsals twice over 14 years is a pretty exceptional record.  Also, and much more importantly, Kelli is the director.  The requisites she has, and the requisites the girls have, are different.  And as much as I feel for the girls, I honestly get it about rehearsal discipline.  There are nearly 40 different schedules to coordinate, and since the girls are dancing as a team, their performances (and safety in kickline) depend on one another.  I also strongly suspect that unless there was a hard line for it, attendance would be out of control, regardless of individual professionalism.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I’v watched season 10 and now 11 on Pluto tv. All I’m saying is...if Meredith can make the team then Kyndall should’ve made it! I’m feeling really angry about it now! 😡 Same goes for Amy who wound up on the Golden State Warriors.  

Also Maddie looks much slimmer in these two seasons than she is right now on the current squad.  Plus her hair looks so much better too! 

• Love 11

Kyndall, Taryn, Brennan (the first 2 times she made Training Camp), and more than a few others should have made it, but they actually WORKED to get it and Kelli didn't have a girl-crush on any of them like she did Meredith since Meredith first showed up at auditions.  When she came back the second time, Kelli made DANG sure she got into Training Camp because she sure didn't make it there with her dancing.

Frankly, there were any number of girls who should have made it to Training Camp (and on the squad) over the girls who actually got there, due to physical attractiveness and, more importantly, dance ability.  The current crop of rookies, except for a few, is exceptionally weak and I won't be surprised to see some be one-and-done.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, raindancer said:

And as much as I feel for the girls, I honestly get it about rehearsal discipline.  There are nearly 40 different schedules to coordinate, and since the girls are dancing as a team, their performances (and safety in kickline) depend on one another.

Except she expects them to be there even when sick, so they're just sitting there watching & not participating anyway.  I wonder if Kelli ever considered what kind of performance she'd get from the team if one girl spreads her illness to the rest of the team.

7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Also Maddie looks much slimmer in these two seasons than she is right now on the current squad.  Plus her hair looks so much better too! 

Do you mean her hair looks better in the Pluto seasons?  If so I agree.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Kyndall, Taryn, Brennan (the first 2 times she made Training Camp), and more than a few others should have made it, but they actually WORKED to get it and Kelli didn't have a girl-crush on any of them like she did Meredith since Meredith first showed up at auditions.  When she came back the second time, Kelli made DANG sure she got into Training Camp because she sure didn't make it there with her dancing.

Frankly, there were any number of girls who should have made it to Training Camp (and on the squad) over the girls who actually got there, due to physical attractiveness and, more importantly, dance ability.  The current crop of rookies, except for a few, is exceptionally weak and I won't be surprised to see some be one-and-done.

Just speculating but it's possible Kelli might have told by Charlotte to get Meredith into TC and on the team.

Kelli could have picked some more of the Mavs girls for finals or even TC. to see how they would have done.

In Episode 1212, when the Cheerleaders performed for some sort of ceremony (football team TC opening?) at the Star,  where was Kelli? All I saw was that Access Hollywood guy and Judy.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought Veronica was more than 11.  I also think Paige and Selina were as well...Selina wasn't cut until the following season though.

Again, solid, responsible vets who weren't likely to be cut.  Selina SHOULDN'T have been cut, but I can see why she was if she'd been on weight warning the entire time she was on the squad and either maintained the weight (didn't lose the weight but didn't gain any) or gained more.

I definitely do not disagree with you, I was only responding to the idea that someone who gained 11+ pounds was never cut.  If I'm remembering correctly, Paige was the most, I think she gained about 13 lbs?  Oddly enough, though, she never looked any different to me.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Except she expects them to be there even when sick, so they're just sitting there watching & not participating anyway.  I wonder if Kelli ever considered what kind of performance she'd get from the team if one girl spreads her illness to the rest of the team.

Do you mean her hair looks better in the Pluto seasons?  If so I agree.

Yup, the Pluto season!  Her rookie year!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ByTor said:

oh I definitely agree....a doctor's note should be more than enough to allow someone to stay home.  I think though that when they're made to attend regardless, it's about seeing how the formations are practiced so that they can fall in seamlessly again once they're well (and also possibly to discourage anyone from calling off without cause).  I feel like with the kinds of technology we have at our disposal now though that keeping up with the group while allowing sick girls to stay at home in bed shouldn't be out of the question.  However, as much as I love DCC, I have an idea that certain types of adaptation are not exactly their forte.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, raindancer said:

oh I definitely agree....a doctor's note should be more than enough to allow someone to stay home.  I think though that when they're made to attend regardless, it's about seeing how the formations are practiced so that they can fall in seamlessly again once they're well (and also possibly to discourage anyone from calling off without cause).  I feel like with the kinds of technology we have at our disposal now though that keeping up with the group while allowing sick girls to stay at home in bed shouldn't be out of the question.  However, as much as I love DCC, I have an idea that certain types of adaptation are not exactly their forte.

Like Melissa R with mono.  That was ridiculous.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Even yelling at her that she wasn't dancing with any energy!

Yes, just rewatched that Melissa R./mono scene recently. Is it my imagination or did I read somewhere that K and J apologized to Melissa later on for that? I seem to recall Cassie had mono and then they realized that they shouldn't have yelled at Melissa. Not sure where my head got this thought.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes, just rewatched that Melissa R./mono scene recently. Is it my imagination or did I read somewhere that K and J apologized to Melissa later on for that? I seem to recall Cassie had mono and then they realized that they shouldn't have yelled at Melissa. Not sure where my head got this thought.

The way I remember hearing it was when Cassie had mono, Kelli and Judy made every excuse in the book for her poor dancing due to mono and people called them out for it, especially after K & J essentially told Melissa mono wasn’t a good enough excuse for poor dancing.  I think Melissa actually confirmed they apologized.  This was back when Kelli actually cared about her reputation and that of the DCC.  I still think she wouldn’t have apologized if she hadn’t been called out by the public about it.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The way I remember hearing it was when Cassie had mono, Kelli and Judy made every excuse in the book for her poor dancing due to mono and people called them out for it, especially after K & J essentially told Melissa mono wasn’t a good enough excuse for poor dancing.  I think Melissa actually confirmed they apologized.  This was back when Kelli actually cared about her reputation and that of the DCC.  I still think she wouldn’t have apologized if she hadn’t been called out by the public about it.

I miss that Kelli...strict, consistent, dedicated, and with a standard that made it the squad to make. Except for a few cuts (Raylee), I even agreed with the majority of her cuts. Last year was a 180 turn in the consistency and rationale of some decisions...and this year - YIKES. Veterans must be frustrated because it seems it doesn't matter if you've paid your dues. I don't know why they even bothered to have those personality tests this season. The point was to make the team more cohesive and aware of how people relate. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, fawn said:

I miss that Kelli...strict, consistent, dedicated, and with a standard that made it the squad to make. Except for a few cuts (Raylee), I even agreed with the majority of her cuts. Last year was a 180 turn in the consistency and rationale of some decisions...and this year - YIKES. Veterans must be frustrated because it seems it doesn't matter if you've paid your dues. I don't know why they even bothered to have those personality tests this season. The point was to make the team more cohesive and aware of how people relate. 

Maybe next year, instead of personality tests, they should have polygraphs 🙂

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, fawn said:

I've been having a hard time with things the last couple seasons because I've always really loved Kelli, but my overall reaction to her decisions and reactions lately has been comprised of.....

image.thumb.png.77f2e41f5cc8168433284aed01bfe26e.png

That said, I loved the sections about the personality tests so freaking much.  Maddie is an absolutely adorable dictator, and I loved seeing where the girls fell in the tests.  Even though personality is definitely more of a nuanced spectrum than a test can entirely define, I still think they are a lot of fun, and can be really useful tools.  I know Myers-Briggs gets a lot of hate, but for me at least it's so accurate it's actually spooky, so it's been extremely useful for me.

• Love 3

Past season rant beware LOL!!!!🤣🤣

After re-watching seasons ....season 8 is on now.  I have to say .....

Yes Chelsea was being a little immature ... but after she was cut she should have pulled Meagan Flaherty on them and told them off since there was no way they were going to let her back on . That is such a lie when them K&J tell them to take a year and come back 🙄 

After watching the office cut and toxic comment  ... I would have told them yeah I was being a little immature but the toxic atmosphere comes from them on the nights Kitty Carter comes in.... its like mean sorority sisters out to haze the pledges !!!! 

Sorry but there is no reason to humiliate veterans or the rookies especially knowing the cameras are rolling.  After watching these older seasons I see no reason for Kitty to be as cruel and demeaning as she is.  Constructive criticism is fine be to call out the ladies as fat lazy sloppy its not the military sheesh  ... example she lined them up in season 8 and called them out just for drama (IMHO) ... none of them were not uniform ready. ... slightly heavier maybe ... Hannah heavy no.

I did not miss Kitty this season ... and the show did fine without her .... I enjoyed watching more of the guest choreographers.

One more rant ... big pet peeve of mine is Kelly telling a veteran "they were the lowest scoring veteran" if the team was 32 or 34 you would not have it .... 🤔!??!?  Uh Kelly your team is 36 so they made into camp and onto  the team  "chosen" unlike her pet choices .... come on most of the time the team is 36+ unless the candidates chosen cant handle the dance or pressure

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, raindancer said:

I've been having a hard time with things the last couple seasons because I've always really loved Kelli, but my overall reaction to her decisions and reactions lately has been comprised of.....

image.thumb.png.77f2e41f5cc8168433284aed01bfe26e.png

That said, I loved the sections about the personality tests so freaking much.  Maddie is an absolutely adorable dictator, and I loved seeing where the girls fell in the tests.  Even though personality is definitely more of a nuanced spectrum than a test can entirely define, I still think they are a lot of fun, and can be really useful tools.  I know Myers-Briggs gets a lot of hate, but for me at least it's so accurate it's actually spooky, so it's been extremely useful for me.

I co-sign this so much that I kinda wish we were best friends ☺️☺️

I actually recall defending KelFine and Judy on the TWOP forums when they called Melissa Rycroft out her second TC. In her younger days, MelRy always seemed to me to be the type of person who would start to goof off to cover up not being able to do something well (the ole “I’ll laugh at myself first before anyone else laughs at me” defense mechanism). I think K&J saw this in her too and just called her into the office as a warning to take her place on the squad seriously - as we all know they demand LASERFOCUSSERIOUSNESS when it comes to DCC. But then when she admitted she had mono, even though they kinda looked like assholes, they couldn’t back down because - let’s be honest - Melissa is kind of a goofball.

You would thought I’d invited Lucifer himself to the Christmas dinner table with the reactions on the TWOP forums when I defended them though 🙄.

Ultimately, I think her ability to laugh at herself saved her from the Bachelor-Audience-wide embarrassment a couple of years later.  Disclaimer, I don’t watch the Bachelor OR Dancing With The Stars, so my thoughts on her personality are based on MTT and pure speculation. Also, I actually think MelRy is adorable and I follow her on Instagram.

I think the story about the apology came out several years later. After K&J didn’t admonish (and pretty much defended) Cassie when she demonstrated a clear lackluster performance, the forums tore into them on the double standard. At some point, it bled over into social media, and Melissa posted on some sort of platform that she did in fact receive an apology from K&J in response to some outraged comments. However, I believe it was well after Melissa retired from DCC and even possibly after the Bachelor fiasco and her Dancing With The Stars tenure. So...who knows...maybe they were trying to smooth things over in prep for her DCC TC mentor role at the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, Seasons 1-12, my thoughts were always along the lines of “their circus, their monkeys” so they can run it however they want. However the antics of the past two years have really altered my thoughts on K&J.  Now they just look like sad, old bitches. I actually didn’t finish this season. I’m literally typing on the same device where I’ve downloaded the episodes, and I still haven’t watched them. I just had an 11-hour plane ride the other day, wherein I chose to read Regency Christmas romance novels on my kindle app on the same device instead of finishing out this season 🤭

I have taken no less than 7 different “personality” tests from Myers-Briggs, Insights Discovery, DISC, MMPI, CPI, etc. Some of the multiple times. It’s fascinating to see how you change depending on where you are in life and what roles you are currently filling or have filled previously. It’s not just knowing what your “personality” is, it is what you do with that information and how if affects (effects?) your personal and business relationships that really matters. I thought Maddie’s “Dictator” was hilarious. I too fall into that category and I struggle with it on a daily basis. Turns out not everyone likes to be ordered around 😆 

Sorry for the long rant. I haven’t been on here in awhile!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

You would thought I’d invited Lucifer himself to the Christmas dinner table with the reactions on the TWOP forums when I defended them though 🙄.

The only time a poster ever went off on me on TWOP, was when I made a comment about the apology 😂.  Not a lot of social media at the time, different stories/rumors about Melissa as a DCC, and I think I questioned if we knew it had happened for sure.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching season 10 episode 6.  Megan(?) got called into the office for a chat and winds up resigning due to her A&P class when I think K&J were planning to cut her...….thought that was funny.

The funniest part is how annoyed Kelli was!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I co-sign this so much that I kinda wish we were best friends ☺️☺️

I actually recall defending KelFine and Judy on the TWOP forums when they called Melissa Rycroft out her second TC. In her younger days, MelRy always seemed to me to be the type of person who would start to goof off to cover up not being able to do something well (the ole “I’ll laugh at myself first before anyone else laughs at me” defense mechanism). I think K&J saw this in her too and just called her into the office as a warning to take her place on the squad seriously - as we all know they demand LASERFOCUSSERIOUSNESS when it comes to DCC. But then when she admitted she had mono, even though they kinda looked like assholes, they couldn’t back down because - let’s be honest - Melissa is kind of a goofball.

Ultimately, I think her ability to laugh at herself saved her from the Bachelor-Audience-wide embarrassment a couple of years later.  Disclaimer, I don’t watch the Bachelor OR Dancing With The Stars, so my thoughts on her personality are based on MTT and pure speculation. Also, I actually think MelRy is adorable and I follow her on Instagram.

I think the story about the apology came out several years later. After K&J didn’t admonish (and pretty much defended) Cassie when she demonstrated a clear lackluster performance, the forums tore into them on the double standard. At some point, it bled over into social media, and Melissa posted on some sort of platform that she did in fact receive an apology from K&J in response to some outraged comments. However, I believe it was well after Melissa retired from DCC and even possibly after the Bachelor fiasco and her Dancing With The Stars tenure. So...who knows...maybe they were trying to smooth things over in prep for her DCC TC mentor role at the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, Seasons 1-12, my thoughts were always along the lines of “their circus, their monkeys” so they can run it however they want. However the antics of the past two years have really altered my thoughts on K&J.  Now they just look like sad, old bitches. I actually didn’t finish this season. I’m literally typing on the same device where I’ve downloaded the episodes, and I still haven’t watched them. I just had an 11-hour plane ride the other day, wherein I chose to read Regency Christmas romance novels on my kindle app on the same device instead of finishing out this season 🤭

I have taken no less than 7 different “personality” tests from Myers-Briggs, Insights Discovery, DISC, MMPI, CPI, etc. Some of the multiple times. It’s fascinating to see how you change depending on where you are in life and what roles you are currently filling or have filled previously. It’s not just knowing what your “personality” is, it is what you do with that information and how if affects (effects?) your personal and business relationships that really matters. I thought Maddie’s “Dictator” was hilarious. I too fall into that category and I struggle with it on a daily basis. Turns out not everyone likes to be ordered around 😆 

Sorry for the long rant. I haven’t been on here in awhile!!

Us Lucy’s of the world gotta stick together !

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I liked Kelli’s use of the term “in a defensive maneuver”, like it was some complicated chess match. Not a girl quitting a dance team before she got cut. 😂😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2019 at 3:45 AM, ByTor said:

I think I would have been annoyed too .. the girl was terrible in her interview and then when they tried to have conversations with her ... she was basically incoherent .... in the end she rationalized to the cameras that her priority was to finish school .... great then she should not have tried out ... I get the feeling she was recruited and doesnt have the back bone to say no to anyone (a people pleaser if you will LOL!)  and just went ahead maybe thinking she do the try out  wouldn't get in that way she didnt have to disappoint anyone  🤨

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

I think I would have been annoyed too .. the girl was terrible in her interview and then when they tried to have conversations with her ... she was basically incoherent .... in the end she rationalized to the cameras that her priority was to finish school .... great then she should not have tried out ... I get the feeling she was recruited and doesnt have the back bone to say no to anyone (a people pleaser if you will LOL!)  and just went ahead maybe thinking she do the try out  wouldn't get in that way she didnt have to disappoint anyone  🤨

So many of the candidates don't realize just how consuming training camp or being DCC is. It's so not like a college dance team. Guess she knew she had to pick one or be lousy at both...she picked school.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lah715 said:

I heard she had auditioned with a friend and the friend did not make it to TC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1