Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Season 6.  Now I didn’t  care for the cut they have Taylor, but those extensions she had did nothing for her either  
Earlier this morning season 4 was on and kitty wouldn’t not let whoever veteran pick Mia as someone who would make the team !   

• Love 5

Do they post a picture of the board somewhere?  Or send a text/e-mail to the 1st round auditioner, to come back on day #2? I wonder do they leave the board where it can be viewed, when the gate is locked.

Yes - it's their  lifelong dream and many travel states and countries to apply, but sitting around  for many hours, just to wind up outside in a mob, doesn't seem the best use of time. Can one leave and come back?

Just watching the seasons I.m trying to understand just how long it is on the first day. One year it was dark outside, which happens later (ie 7 pm+) in May/June.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Kelli missed breakfast is all I can think of. 

💯

🤔Actually I've been curious just how many & what hours she works - esp. during trainIng camp. And how much time she has to spend with her own family. Rehearsal is over close to midnight. I would think she would need to be available for meetings and other business during the day.s

Justt like the candidates, she has to use some business hours time on personal upkeep - hair, nails, excerise, clothing selections, keeping up with the news/current events, dance world developments, going to the grocery store shopping for healthy food choices. She got snippy with Kristen over being late and having a tail light out. Just when is she (Kristen) supposed to have time to run by AutoZone to get a bulb and attempt to change it out herself, or make an apt at a service dept? Poor girl was driving 100 miles a day already.

Granted the football season is over 2nd/3rd week in January (meaning the Cowboys win their division, but the next game or two, hmmm), but the work the DCC goes on to some degree. And then its planning for audition season all over again.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, sATL said:

🤔Actually I've been curious just how many & what hours she works - esp. during trainIng camp. And how much time she has to spend with her own family. Rehearsal is over close to midnight. I would think she would need to be available for meetings and other business during the day.s

Justt like the candidates, she has to use some business hours time on personal upkeep - hair, nails, excerise, clothing selections, keeping up with the news/current events, dance world developments, going to the grocery store shopping for healthy food choices. She got snippy with Kristen over being late and having a tail light out. Just when is she (Kristen) supposed to have time to run by AutoZone to get a bulb and attempt to change it out herself, or make an apt at a service dept? Poor girl was driving 100 miles a day already.

Granted the football season is over 2nd/3rd week in January (meaning the Cowboys win their division, but the next game or two, hmmm), but the work the DCC goes on to some degree. And then its planning for audition season all over again.

From my understanding, Kelli and Judy don't attend every rehearsal. When the show was taking place, of course they would be in attendance on filming nights. I believe the group leaders do a lot of the teaching of the routines to the rookies and that those nights are more casual (hair in ponytails, minimal makeup if any, etc.)

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

From my understanding, Kelli and Judy don't attend every rehearsal. When the show was taking place, of course they would be in attendance on filming nights. I believe the group leaders do a lot of the teaching of the routines to the rookies and that those nights are more casual (hair in ponytails, minimal makeup if any, etc.)

Shelly B said there were nights when either she or Shelly M would run practice as well 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, sATL said:

She got snippy with Kristen over being late and having a tail light out. Just when is she (Kristen) supposed to have time to run by AutoZone to get a bulb and attempt to change it out herself, or make an apt at a service dept?

An even better question. How are you supposed to see the rear of your car while driving?

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

The number of people who state how tiring it is to do the kick line after the routine during semis and finals … so they not know that’s what they will be doing at the beginning of every home game ?  Do they not know how long thunder struck is ??

• Love 3
On 9/8/2022 at 8:13 PM, MrsEVH said:

Kelli also said TCC Karen's legs were swallowed up by the boots. 

I've often thought that, if leg length and looking a certain way in the boots is so important, the girls' legs should be measured at finals.  

On 9/10/2022 at 5:13 PM, dariafan said:

The number of people who state how tiring it is to do the kick line after the routine during semis and finals … so they not know that’s what they will be doing at the beginning of every home game ?  Do they not know how long thunder struck is ??

I've also often thought that, now that the show has been on so long and the dances don't really change, an aspiring DCC could just learn all the dances from watching the show so they would be ready when they get to training camp.  

My favorite is plastic and mannequin like ( Lacey Minchew). 

She wasn't wrong about that one.  

Edited by 88Keys
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

I've often thought that, if leg length and looking a certain way in the boots is so important, the girls' legs should be measured at finals.  

I've also often thought that, now that the show has been on so long and the dances don't really change, an aspiring DCC could just learn all the dances from watching the show so they would be ready when they get to training camp.  

Is an entire dance shown? The show footage can bounce around alot, and you don't always see their feet. All dances are 32 eight counts, right? 

If cameras are allowed into the stadium, I surely would try to score a ticket ( pick one game that isn't a popular , pricy, or check a reliable resource ticket reseller svc)  and focus in as much as a decent lens would allow. If this is a dream since a young age, surely a trip to a live game, is somewhat feasible. And if they're local to Dallas, it can't be a secret where show group is performing.

And back to the dance length, especially for those who haven't danced in college or professionally somewhere, I hope there are classes/studios/master classes/etc  that teach longer routines, to help with the memory of learning a new routine, performance and stamina part.

On the vet side of the house one season K&J talked to vets who were retiring & Re auditioning a couple of days later. Wouldn't that also be a time to do a weight check and job performance review?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2022 at 7:00 PM, LilyD said:

Pulling this modesty card whilst dancing and doing sexy moves in tiny hotpants combined with a very short blouse that is meant to enlarge and showcase the girls and a massive cleavage? Really??  

Exactly. So if you’re in some skeevy dude’s spank bank in a (branded! with sleeves!) push-up bra and adult diapers, it’s wholesome. But if you’re in a swimsuit it makes Jesus cry. I liked Lauren, I thought she was a more substantial person than most of the TCCs, but this particular attitude is obnoxious.

• Love 6
On 9/11/2022 at 12:13 AM, dariafan said:

And the version they use in the stadium is actually about a minute shorter than the original. They cut a large part of the intro which has a lot more chanting , about 10x the shouting of "thunder" and a short guitar solo. 

But I do have to say that I'm amazed about all the complaints of being so tired after the dance routine and kick line in the semis and finals. No, I am not underestimating it, but you'd assume you have a pretty decent stamina as a professional dancer. Some of them have barely enough stamina to complete a 1 or 2 minute dance or solo....

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Is an entire dance shown? The show footage can bounce around alot, and you don't always see their feet. All dances are 32 eight counts, right? 

Actually, they have quite a few strings of dance moves that fit an eight count. They then add those strings together to choreograph a new dance. It's much of the same really, just in a different order. A good example is their signature dance Thunderstruck. Lots of those movements are being used in other dances as well.

So, technically a serious dcc hopeful with dance experience should be able to identify quite a few moves and practice these from home. The same goes for the kick line and jump split. It still baffles me how so many girls show up without ever having practised the jump split. You know it's coming. (unless they pretend they haven't for the show)

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Actually, they have quite a few strings of dance moves that fit an eight count. They then add those strings together to choreograph a new dance. It's much of the same really, just in a different order. A good example is their signature dance Thunderstruck. Lots of those movements are being used in other dances as well.

So, technically a serious dcc hopeful with dance experience should be able to identify quite a few moves and practice these from home. The same goes for the kick line and jump split. It still baffles me how so many girls show up without ever having practised the jump split. You know it's coming. (unless they pretend they haven't for the show)

Having tried to learn a few of the dances myself, it can be difficult to get the exact nuances of the style but I know the basic choreography for a few. You can gather enough videos from Instagram and Youtube to learn!

As for the jump splits, I'd say that's the one thing you shouldn't practice if you don't have the facilities too. If you could get to a studio and practice with a mat underneath you and a guider, possibly. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Outside of working on their own dance technique, I think it’s important to learn as much DCC technical info as possible.  Working on flexibility, jump splits, high kicks, stamina, focus on learning/perfecting routines, field work (getting from line to line by 4x5, etc).  It’s a lot but you do what you gotta do to get what you want.  Unlike prior to 2005, hopefuls have episodes to watch pore over and YouTube to utilize in their quest 

• Love 2
On 9/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, RedDelicious said:

All of those descriptors are about as effective as sitting there and making googly eye faces when someone makes a mistake 😉

Noodly makes a bit of sense, at least...quit letting your arms and wrists flop and make sharper movements.  Precise and clean.  Crispy bacon tho, I got not a darn thing, and telling someone they have drumstick thighs is a dick move at every point.

Kaitlin did kind of look like burnt toast with her spray tan, though.  Bless her heart.  

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, sATL said:

Did they ever feature Mia as point ? Even mention it ? I forgot she was one, for one year, until I read the notes on Wikipedia.

No, the one game they showed that season had Mia and Jackie splitting center. Possibly due to injuries?

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

No, the one game they showed that season had Mia and Jackie splitting center. Possibly due to injuries?

Oh you mean the 2 Kitty wouldn’t have picked for the team their rookie training camp ???

• Like 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Oh you mean the 2 Kitty wouldn’t have picked for the team their rookie training camp ???

Haha yep. And actually I just saw this on Pluto, season 9 is showing and they're doing fieldwork and when Kelly explained the triangle they showed a shot of Mia at point, it was just footage that was never actually used in season 8.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Haha yep. And actually I just saw this on Pluto, season 9 is showing and they're doing fieldwork and when Kelly explained the triangle they showed a shot of Mia at point, it was just footage that was never actually used in season 8.

I wonder why. I know it probably took seasons to get over, emotionally, the retirement of Nicole as point and even Whitney had  camera moments when she was point. They make setting the triangle and field formations such a big deal, yet there is a whole season where its a over sight.

Then fast forward a few seasons Mia was one of 5? retired Vets that came to a rehearsal and a practice session, giving advice an critiquing TCCs. I think she had married by then (screen flashed her full name), so I was like wow from HS graduation a week before her 1st camp to now married, seem to fly by. No mention that she too was point. 

When Kelli took a  photo on her phone of Dayton to Mia's smiling picture on the back wall, was Mia point then, or center with Jackie?

Edited by sATL

If point is such an honor, and they have multiple vets who should qualify for it, why not just let them alternate it?  Like if there are 8 home games, let two vets split it 4 and 4 or something.  I get that it can affect how they dance if you keep moving their positions around, but they are pros who should be used to it by this point.

And I'm not trying to dog on her at all, but photos like this make me wonder if any of the dancers have ever had a wardrobe malfunction.  They must really trust those bras and blouses.  

• Fire 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

If point is such an honor, and they have multiple vets who should qualify for it, why not just let them alternate it?  Like if there are 8 home games, let two vets split it 4 and 4 or something.  I get that it can affect how they dance if you keep moving their positions around, but they are pros who should be used to it by this point.

And I'm not trying to dog on her at all, but photos like this make me wonder if any of the dancers have ever had a wardrobe malfunction.  They must really trust those bras and blouses.  

was she the game day girl of the week ?

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

On the America’s Girls podcast one of the women who was interviewed said that her nipple came out once during a game and security went to the photographer who was right in front of her and demanded his film. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

On the America’s Girls podcast one of the women who was interviewed said that her nipple came out once during a game and security went to the photographer who was right in front of her and demanded his film. 

Good.  

I was watching season 9 last night, where Hannah got cut for weight and a bunch of other vets didn't, even though she appeared to be the thinnest one of the bunch.  Maybe there was something else going on with her?  And I can't believe anyone every thought Schramm was too big or "soft."  She always looked thin as a rail to me.

Anyway, they called one of the rookies in over her weight.  Courtney, I think.  They told her at 5'3" she should be 104 and she immediately and flatly says "I've never been that."  I like that bit of pushback.  I don't mind them saying the girls have to look good in the uniform, but saying they should be a certain number on the scale is insane.  I'm 5'3", and at my thinnest in college I think I was around 125.  If I had lost 20 more pounds, I would have been skeletal.  

Edited by 88Keys
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

What you're saying definitely makes sense, but then the position of "point" would lose its meaning. It's a highly coveted role in the DCC world - it can't just go to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

Anyway, they called one of the rookies in over her weight.  Courtney, I think.  They told her at 5'3" she should be 104 and she immediately and flatly says "I've never been that."  I like that bit of pushback.  I don't mind them saying the girls have to look good in the uniform, but saying they should be a certain number on the scale is insane.  I'm 5'3", and at my thinnest in college I think I was around 125.  If I had lost 20 more pounds, I would have been skeletal.  

I'm not arguing with you because your point is valid but I'm 5'3" and weighed in yesterday at a doctor appointment at 92 lbs.  I'm not skeletal but I am petite and thus my bones are small.  I don't look skeletal and none of my doctors are concerned.  They all know how much I eat!

Everyone's body type is different which is why I've always found it ridiculous how Kelly says how much a girl should weigh based on her height.  Don't even get me started on Kelly thinking Schram was soft or overweight.  🙄

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm not arguing with you because your point is valid but I'm 5'3" and weighed in yesterday at a doctor appointment at 92 lbs.  I'm not skeletal but I am petite and thus my bones are small.  I don't look skeletal and none of my doctors are concerned.  They all know how much I eat!

Everyone's body type is different which is why I've always found it ridiculous how Kelly says how much a girl should weigh based on her height.  Don't even get me started on Kelly thinking Schram was soft or overweight.  🙄

I didn't mean to imply that anyone who is 5'3" and 104 would be skeletal.  Sorry if it came across that way.  My point was the same as yours- the number on the scale is a stupid metric to try to hold every single girl too.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

I didn't mean to imply that anyone who is 5'3" and 104 would be skeletal.  Sorry if it came across that way.  My point was the same as yours- the number on the scale is a stupid metric to try to hold every single girl too.  

You didn't so no worries!  I was just stating why someone the same height can also weigh completely different.  It IS a very stupid metric to hold ever woman too!

On 9/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Lauren was obnoxious

On 9/12/2022 at 3:13 AM, ByTor said:

😀

Super surprised at the enmity here towards Lauren.  I liked her, especially when working with children.  The one thing that did bother me was when she took too long to make her decision to retire once seriously injured.

5b1ea4b6c3e20_laurenchild.jpg.84ec55b57bca24123fa4fa0f13880cf6.jpg

• Wink 1
  • Love 5

Makeover hair stylist question. Is it still called clipping ones ends if the hair is held vertically (up in the air) and the scissors cut the hair from an angle ( cutting hand is like at an angle)?

so many of the candidates get their ends trimmed ( to everyones agreement)  but I thought the hair could be combed straight down, and the scissors would go straight across.

56 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Super surprised at the enmity here towards Lauren.  I liked her, especially when working with children.  The one thing that did bother me was when she took too long to make her decision to retire once seriously injured.

5b1ea4b6c3e20_laurenchild.jpg.84ec55b57bca24123fa4fa0f13880cf6.jpg

I liked her a lot, too.  She seemed sweet and a bit more mature than some of the other girls.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Good.  

I was watching season 9 last night, where Hannah got cut for weight and a bunch of other vets didn't, even though she appeared to be the thinnest one of the bunch.  Maybe there was something else going on with her?  And I can't believe anyone every thought Schramm was too big or "soft."  She always looked thin as a rail to me.

5 hours ago, go4luca said:

5 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Kelli is straight-up an idiot about weight in situations like this.   Every year, she says the uniform is custom tailored to each girl because their bodies are so unique and different, then turns around and tells a girl that, because she is exactly the same height as another girl (who is completely different physically in pretty much every other way), they have to weigh exactly the same.  So which is it, Kelli? Every girl is unique and different (and thus should be held to a weight standard that is healthy for HER without "disrespecting" the uniform by looking "big" or "heavy") or should they be exactly the same (which would make fitting the uniforms VERY hard and make the team look bad because they couldn't be bothered to make sure the uniforms fit properly)? 

I've been saying it for years that they should have a competent nutritionist/dietition (whichever is the higher standard, educated, and licensed) on staff to advise both Kelli and the girls about what is best for that particular body in order to lose weight and maybe even come up with a workable meal plan that would work for each girl's particular body and lifestyle.  However, that's too much work (and money) for Kelli and would require her to actually care about the girls' health so it's likely she would never go for it.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I've been on her Instagram, the humble bragging is annoying to me.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Fair enough!  I haven't been on her IG in ages.  Couldn't take all the religious stuff.  😉

My favorite on IG us Brittney Schramm, I love to see what she's doing with her house. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My favorite on IG us Brittney Schramm, I love to see what she's doing with her house. 

Same!  I can't believe how talented and artistic she is whether it be as a carpenter, her artwork or her beautiful garden.

• Love 4

How was Tara and Savannah's " package deal"  (Kelli's words) different than Danielle and Jasmine? And any other pair?

Kelli just seemed annoyed that Tara & Savannah were besties from another NFL team and came to DCC. Was it ever said take both of them or neither of them, early on? 

I don't the K&J have have a soft spot for keeping transplanted TCCs together- they broke up each set years later anyway.

I do admire a close friend who shares the same dream , who can and will leave every thing behind- moving states jobless, limited funds, given the odds of getting into training camp, let alone making the team. So, nice to be young and courageous.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, sATL said:

What's the story behind this? School? Family? I thought she just did one full year.

Kalyssa Singleton (resigned mid-season)

Season 13 Episode 8 in the forums.

If you do a "search forums" thing and put in the name "Kalyssa" there are 40 pages to read.  The consensus is she was let go after all the games but before the season officially ended.  Below is a post I found made by someone else.  

"...and Kalyssa  went playboy wannabe. No. It was intentional. Multiple inside sources have confirmed this."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1