Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 10/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, 88Keys said:

I can think of a couple of reasons....

You're so bad!!

schitts creek lol GIF by CBC

19 hours ago, kalibean said:

I get mad all over again when Seattle Miranda’s tryout is on Pluto. She is such a fantastic dancer and would have been an amazing ambassador. She was a great performer on the Seagals and has a great career too. No idea why she didn’t get into camp. 

There are some years TPTB eat up girls having been on other squads with a spoon, other years they aren't given the time of day. Depends on the mood, I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 10/20/2022 at 12:12 AM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I think bc the squad photo is the official team photo, while the post-finals photo is just a quick picture to document the moment. So, for the picture at the end of finals, they just have all 45 TCC stand together and make sure no one's making a weird face. While for the squad photo, they have to do official hair and makeup and have everyone in a particular order. 

I guess it's kind of like the difference between a Christmas card photo and the picture someone takes when their family is opening presents around the tree on Christmas morning. If you're paying a professional to take pics and this is the picture you're using to represent your family/organization for the next year, you're going to make sure you get your money's worth

I wasn't counting the time in makeup and hair. Just the time it takes to assemble 45 candidates vs. 36. And still a great photo is done and displayed for years to come.

On a separate note  - where is Meredith from originally, or spent the most time? I can't place her accent/ speech pattern. I thought she said somewhere from the South, and she spent time in New York. I keep missing her uniform fitting & her media training when Kelli or the media person talks to them more personally. I spend time figuring out how she is saying something vs. what she is saying in her TH. Her panel interviews seemed off to me too, right/good answer or not. Its almost like she is trying to over enunciate every syllable, trying to lose her natural accent. I would love to know how she spoke on personal appearances. I thought being fluid in your speech and to be able to make/hold conversation was a deal breaker with Kelli.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sATL said:

On a separate note  - where is Meredith from originally, or spent the most time? I can't place her accent/ speech pattern. I thought she said somewhere from the South, and she spent time in New York. I keep missing her uniform fitting & her media training when Kelli or the media person talks to them more personally. I spend time figuring out how she is saying something vs. what she is saying in her TH. Her panel interviews seemed off to me too, right/good answer or not. Its almost like she is trying to over enunciate every syllable, trying to lose her natural accent. I would love to know how she spoke on personal appearances. I thought being fluid in your speech and to be able to make/hold conversation was a deal breaker with Kelli.

She always sounded stoned to me, plus her vocal fry rubbed my nerves raw. Kelly was determined to put her on the team, so IMHO, she could have said she didn't know what Me Too was all about (referencing the previous season) and she still would have made the team. IIRC, her media training session was pretty poor by the standards set by Kelly. I really don't have anything against her ~ I just don't think she should have made the team IMHO.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Like 4
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, sATL said:

On a separate note  - where is Meredith from originally, or spent the most time? I can't place her accent/ speech pattern. I thought she said somewhere from the South, and she spent time in New York.

She's originally from Plano, Texas. Her biography was actually in season 13.

• Mind Blown 1
On 10/19/2022 at 7:22 AM, kalibean said:

I get mad all over again when Seattle Miranda’s tryout is on Pluto. She is such a fantastic dancer and would have been an amazing ambassador. She was a great performer on the Seagals and has a great career too. No idea why she didn’t get into camp. 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:42 AM, MrsEVH said:

I agree. Miranda would have made a great DCC.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:27 AM, MaryWebGirl said:

I assume she was too smart and too together/mature to be as much of a "yes ma'am" type as they want.

On 10/20/2022 at 3:05 AM, ByTor said:

There are some years TPTB eat up girls having been on other squads with a spoon, other years they aren't given the time of day. Depends on the mood, I suppose.

I really like Miranda as well. On rewatch, I noticed Miranda had low kicks, not enough stamina to do the kickline when it matterered. She was also really short - around 5 feet. You know how Kelli feels about short legs, then add in low kicks.... 

Here she is in the middle, with Holly Hubb and Jasmine on the ends. The others in the photo are DCRB.  You can see Miranda has pretty short legs 🙁

mirandaj.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Every time I watch season 10 and catch Kelli's reaction to Shelby telling her she quit her job, I laugh out loud. She's never reacted like that before to anyone else quitting lol it was basically like 'There's no way in hell you're making this team why did you quit your job omg'

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Every time I watch season 10 and catch Kelli's reaction to Shelby telling her she quit her job, I laugh out loud. She's never reacted like that before to anyone else quitting lol it was basically like 'There's no way in hell you're making this team why did you quit your job omg'

I really wish Kelly would start to see that the TCC are now young women, who want to/have to have a full time job - a post collegiate job. Even if that means learning lets say 40 dances as opposed to the 50 during the summer. I really wish I could ask a fan who attended to a game with seats by the DCC, in their respective corner,  if they could tell if they repeated a dance during a game.

I remember the TCC who was in pharmaceutical sales - before auditions, as she moved from xxx, and wound up quitting partly b/c of training camp. Yes the biggest issue her territory was too big, driving wise.  Kelli goes on to say she had a list of 2-3 employers who would like to hire . Thankfully she made it to the team (I think). I would love to know what type of job and pay of those positions. Even nurse Lauren said she left her position for the duration of camp.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

I remember the TCC who was in pharmaceutical sales - before auditions, as she moved from xxx, and wound up quitting partly b/c of training camp. Yes the biggest issue her territory was too big, driving wise.  Kelli goes on to say she had a list of 2-3 employers who would like to hire . Thankfully she made it to the team (I think). I would love to know what type of job and pay of those positions. Even nurse Lauren said she left her position for the duration of camp.

That was Courtney from FL a former TG Bucs cheerleader. She only stayed 1 season. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

I really wish Kelly would start to see that the TCC are now young women, who want to/have to have a full time job - a post collegiate job. Even if that means learning lets say 40 dances as opposed to the 50 during the summer. I really wish I could ask a fan who attended to a game with seats by the DCC, in their respective corner,  if they could tell if they repeated a dance during a game.

What I find annoying is she 'expects' them to go to school or have full-time jobs, but makes it very clear that the TC schedule is completely inflexible, and 'if you have any conflicts, bye!' 

You want well rounded adult women with careers to be DCCs, but you make it damn near impossible for anyone to get through TC without quitting their job or scaling back to a part-time job that doesn't even utilize their schooling. 

How many people have we seen quit their jobs during TC? Even in season 10 also, Kat's intro segment is about how she has a cool job at an ad agency, and then soon after that, she's like, yeah, I quit my job :/

Then in s13 Kristin was exhausted and sleepy all the time (and it seemed to show) because she worked full time and had to drive a ton to make it to practice after work. Sounds like an absolutely exhausting endeavor for literally anyone who has to actually support themselves 

• Like 2
  • Love 12

on the schooling side - I wonder how many credit hours they are taking ? Most universities and/or scholarship/financial aid require at least 12 (4 core classes) to be considered full time undergrad.

Then most freshman schedules (unless one APed stuff in) you would have a English composition (readings and papers), a pre-calculus or higher math course, some kind of history course (readings and papers) and a natural science course - heaven forbid if is pre-med based. That's enough to keep a person busy 30-40 hours a week.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

What I find annoying is she 'expects' them to go to school or have full-time jobs, but makes it very clear that the TC schedule is completely inflexible, and 'if you have any conflicts, bye!' 

You want well rounded adult women with careers to be DCCs, but you make it damn near impossible for anyone to get through TC without quitting their job or scaling back to a part-time job that doesn't even utilize their schooling. 

How many people have we seen quit their jobs during TC? Even in season 10 also, Kat's intro segment is about how she has a cool job at an ad agency, and then soon after that, she's like, yeah, I quit my job :/

Kat, Shelbi, Courtney, Kyndall (let go), Malena to name a few. There might be more.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, sATL said:

on the schooling side - I wonder how many credit hours they are taking ? Most universities and/or scholarship/financial aid require at least 12 (4 core classes) to be considered full time undergrad.

Then most freshman schedules (unless one APed stuff in) you would have a English composition (readings and papers), a pre-calculus or higher math course, some kind of history course (readings and papers) and a natural science course - heaven forbid if is pre-med based. That's enough to keep a person busy 30-40 hours a week.

IIRC, most college courses (or curses as I almost typed) are approximately 5 credits each unless they're something like a PE class.  There might be classes that only run half a semester/quarter so are only 2.5 credits or the like.  Full-time credits would likely be at least 12 credits, not all AP/Honors classes transfer into certain colleges and not all college classes transfer to other colleges (and students are actually recommended to talk to the college they plan on transferring to in order to make sure that their classes will actually be accepted).

Sorry for the mini-"lecture" - I spent a lot of time in a previous "life" working with colleges and college students to make sure the students get what they need to get where they're going.  I do, however, completely agree with you about the students' workloads in regards to their classes.

It's rather stupid and egotistical of Kelli to want girls to either have a full-time job or be full-time students, but also expect them to put DCC first in all things.   No wonder some of these girls peace out after one year if they're expected to put a part-time AT BEST job with crappy pay above everything else including the jobs that pays for everything else as well as friends and families. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

IIRC, most college courses (or curses as I almost typed) are approximately 5 credits each unless they're something like a PE class.  There might be classes that only run half a semester/quarter so are only 2.5 credits or the like.  Full-time credits would likely be at least 12 credits, not all AP/Honors classes transfer into certain colleges and not all college classes transfer to other colleges (and students are actually recommended to talk to the college they plan on transferring to in order to make sure that their classes will actually be accepted).

Sorry for the mini-"lecture" - I spent a lot of time in a previous "life" working with colleges and college students to make sure the students get what they need to get where they're going.  I do, however, completely agree with you about the students' workloads in regards to their classes.

It's rather stupid and egotistical of Kelli to want girls to either have a full-time job or be full-time students, but also expect them to put DCC first in all things.   No wonder some of these girls peace out after one year if they're expected to put a part-time AT BEST job with crappy pay above everything else including the jobs that pays for everything else as well as friends and families. 

5? In a university that is on a traditional semester system? If so, that would mean 20 hours for 4 classes. 

Agree on AP & transferring credits to/from other colleges. Agree that some non core classes are less credit, and some schools give a credit for the lab portion of a course. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Kat, Shelbi, Courtney, Kyndall (let go), Malena to name a few. There might be more.

Christina - Judy said she looked frail (which was a little harsh) after she said she is working a 9-5 this year, as opposed to her being a fitness/cycling instructor.

Melissa R also made a snippy comment about being a 9-5er to someone.

Now though, year 2022+,  with all of the different work-at-home schedules, I hope is that helping the TCCs, especially if they live close to the dance facilities. Cuts down on all of the driving around town in rush hour.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Christina - Judy said she looked frail (which was a little harsh) after she said she is working a 9-5 this year, as opposed to her being a fitness/cycling instructor.

Now though, year 2022+,  with all of the different work-at-home schedules, I hope is that helping the TCCs, especially if they live close to the dance facilities. Cuts down on all of the driving around town in rush hour.

I recall one of the TCCs working remote during the 2020 (bubble) TC. I think it might have been vet Rachel. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, sATL said:

5? In a university that is on a traditional semester system? If so, that would mean 20 hours for 4 classes. 

Agree on AP & transferring credits to/from other colleges. Agree that some non core classes are less credit, and some schools give a credit for the lab portion of a course. 

I guess it depends on how "quarter" and "semester" are defined.  Supposedly, a semester is only two terms a year, Fall and Spring yet one of the local 4-year colleges uses the word in place of quarters which occurs 4 times a year with the three "main" quarters happening Fall/Winter/Spring, yet has three "semesters" a year instead of two (why they don't used "quarters" instead of "semesters" I don't know).  Another local 4-year college has full-time credits at 9 for each of their semesters and they supposedly are on a true "semester" system of Fall/Spring.  I haven't looked at the other local 4-year colleges (I've several in my area and several community colleges as well; the community colleges are on the quarter system, I know that).

11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

IIRC, most college courses (or curses as I almost typed) are approximately 5 credits each unless they're something like a PE class.

Most are 3 credits, unless you have a class with a lab & those are 4 credits. Something like PE is 1 credit. 

6 hours ago, sATL said:

I don't recall her being snippy at all, in fact I think she talked about having been a 9-5er herself.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Most are 3 credits, unless you have a class with a lab & those are 4 credits. Something like PE is 1 credit. 

True, but there are other 4-year colleges with non-lab classes that are 5 and 6 credits (I was surprised myself).  Just from this discussion, it depends on what school you're going to, what degree you're wanting to get and if you're going to be transferring to another school as any of those things will affect what classes you're planning to take or what degree you're wanting to get, especially if there's advanced degrees involved including medicine, law, and several other areas.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JarlenaFan2022 said:

Season 14 Episode 1:  End of the episode said "In Memory Of Paul Howard".  Anyone know who that is?

According to a FB post, he was an audio engineer on the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, vanillagum said:

Then in s13 Kristin was exhausted and sleepy all the time (and it seemed to show) because she worked full time and had to drive a ton to make it to practice after work. Sounds like an absolutely exhausting endeavor for literally anyone who has to actually support themselves 

Yeah, exactly. Also, it doesn’t seem like a lot of the ones who quit good, full-time jobs go back to them either. It seems like so many of the DCCs end up having fitness or dance jobs or being SAHMs. There’s nothing wrong with any of those jobs, but I always wonder if any of them regret it or if the DCC/Cowboys networks are strong enough that they feel it was worth it to leave careers with upward financially ability for a 2-3 year dance job.

It really seems like undergrad is the sweet spot if someone is going to be a DCC. I definitely think that the average undergrad student could swing 4 3-hour classes and the DCC schedule. If undergrad is still like it was when I was there, most classes are not like grad school, where you have to read and be prepared each class. For the most part, you could show up up class, study for the few of tests throughout the semester and finals, and be fine. Law school (third year aside)/med school/MBA programs, etc, no way would those be compatible, IMO.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Also, it doesn’t seem like a lot of the ones who quit good, full-time jobs go back to them either.

Or look at someone like Nicole B, accepted to law school but gave it up for DCC. Yes, you can always go back, but I can't imagine not having some "what if" moments.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Or look at someone like Nicole B, accepted to law school but gave it up for DCC. Yes, you can always go back, but I can't imagine not having some "what if" moments.

I didn't know she was accepted into law school. I guess she cheered to long to do a deferral program. Sitting and getting  a good score for the LSAT, is quite an accomplishment👏

Maybe college is different now - when I went in the stony dark age, 3 credit hour semesters freshman courses included "intro-to-kick-your-tail 1 &2"... Sophomore year was "advanced-tail-whipping" at least one semester, 3 credit hours.  I'm sure I had a 3 or 4 credit hour course in something like "now-youre-really-in-for-an-tail-chew-out" - that was like a capstone SR level course.  I don't think my beatings stopped until I walked across the stage with my BS degree in hand. I barely could think about dancing at a club, let alone trying to do something like DCC/TCC.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

cat parent question: does one travel with their fur baby when you're going to be out of town for a short period of time ?  I never heard of anyone boarding a cat, but to have someone either babysit or stop by the home. 

The reason I ask - I've been trying to understand Kat P and her fur baby delimia. If I heard right, there was 36 hours between the start of camp and finals. So did she bring kitty with her the first time, or did she make a mad dash back to NC to pick him up?  It would follow she would have more contacts in NC as opposed to bringing kitty. And to have someone in NC send your stuff/clothing , giving the short time and distance. One flight delay and you could miss camp. 

I could barely pack a couple of suitcases in that short of time, let alone a full move out. Now that I think about it - just how many non dance clothes would they need in camp? Looks like they go to Belk to get the attire for the 1st meeting & the etiquette training.

And then after staying with her host family, she found out she needed to move and doesn't want to be away from kitty. An office visit later, kitty is with a "friend" who is all the way in MN. Sounded like she wasn't too torn being away from kitty. And to all of a sudden find someone who would come to TX to get kitty..

Am I reading too much into this??

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, sATL said:

cat parent question: does one travel with their fur baby when you're going to be out of town for a short period of time ?  I never heard of anyone boarding a cat, but to have someone either babysit or stop by the home. 

The reason I ask - I've been trying to understand Kat P and her fur baby delimia. If I heard right, there was 36 hours between the start of camp and finals. So did she bring kitty with her the first time, or did she make a mad dash back to NC to pick him up?  It would follow she would have more contacts in NC as opposed to bringing kitty. And to have someone in NC send your stuff/clothing , giving the short time and distance. One flight delay and you could miss camp. 

I could barely pack a couple of suitcases in that short of time, let alone a full move out. Now that I think about it - just how many non dance clothes would they need in camp? Looks like they go to Belk to get the attire for the 1st meeting & the etiquette training.

And then after staying with her host family, she found out she needed to move and doesn't want to be away from kitty. An office visit later, kitty is with a "friend" who is all the way in MN. Sounded like she wasn't too torn being away from kitty. And to all of a sudden find someone who would come to TX to get kitty..

I always wondered about how she couldn't live without her cat, but then all of a sudden didn't have a problem sending it to another state. (Didn't she end up moving in with Kelsey? Did Kelsey say no cats?)

No idea whether she traveled to TX with the cat or not but it sounded like she had the cat by the time training camp started.  Or maybe her host family was telling her, "No, you can't bring your cat into the house," maybe she had a temporary cat-sitter in NC but planned on moving the cat to TX after training camp started.

I know a few people who have boarded their cat/cats for various reasons (ex: cat needs medicine so they board them somewhere that can do that) but yeah, I think it's way more common to have someone stop by to check on your cat for you.  

I don't follow her on social media, did she ever get her cat back?  LOL now I'm curious.

Edited by aeroluv327
  • Applause 1

Back to the Bridget topic for a second: My gut feeling says she left because of the way TPTB treated her and some of the other girls. There were multiple incidents where TPTB were pretty rude or mean toward some of the other girls and you could clearly tell it upset Bridget. And then she fainted during practice. Kelli was more annoyed than worried. It shocked me how little she seemed to care for Bridget. 

As for DCC's and college: Still baffled at the ridiculous demands of TPTB. Combining a job or study with DCC seems next to impossible. Having said that, there are DCC's that defied the odds and managed to complete their degrees while dancing. They must be real super women! Or DCC is not as harsh and inflexible in exceptional circumstances as the show wants us to believe, definitely after training camp. Training camp is a different matter, which I can understand. There are numerous colleges or jobs that have obligatory trainings or courses with a 100% attendance rule. If you fail that, it can have severe consequences. I suddenly have to think about myself years back: I had to retake an entire  course at university because I missed 2 classes because of hospital admittance. They were sorry for me but refused to make an exception... I failed the entire course on a 92% attendance and a pass for my essay and exam....

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

Back to the Bridget topic for a second: My gut feeling says she left because of the way TPTB treated her and some of the other girls. There were multiple incidents where TPTB were pretty rude or mean toward some of the other girls and you could clearly tell it upset Bridget. And then she fainted during practice. Kelli was more annoyed than worried. It shocked me how little she seemed to care for Bridget. 

As for DCC's and college: Still baffled at the ridiculous demands of TPTB. Combining a job or study with DCC seems next to impossible. Having said that, there are DCC's that defied the odds and managed to complete their degrees while dancing. They must be real super women! Or DCC is not as harsh and inflexible in exceptional circumstances as the show wants us to believe, definitely after training camp. Training camp is a different matter, which I can understand. There are numerous colleges or jobs that have obligatory trainings or courses with a 100% attendance rule. If you fail that, it can have severe consequences. I suddenly have to think about myself years back: I had to retake an entire  course at university because I missed 2 classes because of hospital admittance. They were sorry for me but refused to make an exception... I failed the entire course on a 92% attendance and a pass for my essay and exam....

Ohhhh  I had forgotten about those 100% attendance days in college, like the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Which I can easily see K&J calling some kind of special early and long rehearsal on that Wednesday since the game on Thanksgiving means alot to the Cowboys. And it means alot to the NFL, from a nationally televised game perspective. 

Do they dance at  a special 1/2 time show too? I see the Jonas Brothers are performing this year..They are the 1st repeat performer to do the Thanksgiving show.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jonas-brothers-to-perform-thanksgiving-halftime

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, sATL said:

No, you're not.  I've never understood the love that Kat gets.  She seems like someone who would be 100% drama, all the time.  

It is also possible that the whole "kitty" situation was 100% made-up by the producers for the show.  

• Love 7

Rewatching Season 14. Two things pop up that made me shake my head like what???

1. Bridget looked absolutely stricken when Gabbi got cut, so maybe that fed into why she was only around for 2 years. Also, wtf?! Why was Kelli such a bitch to her when she fainted? 
2. wtf happened with Ashley? She went from top scoring rookie behind Victoria to cut over her kicks which didn’t look that bad to me? Wtf?! 
also what was all the high fiving with Victoria? We’re they showing us she had “changed?” How? I never got that. Nothing against Victoria. Anyway, season 14 was weird af. Then the Merideth love. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

2. wtf happened with Ashley? She went from top scoring rookie behind Victoria to cut over her kicks which didn’t look that bad to me? Wtf?! 

Someone else might be able to give more details, but from what I remember she flunked her written test twice. Her kicks were a concern but they would've given her the time to work on them had she not done so poorly on the test. They just used them as the on-screen explanation for her cut.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think that whoever was at the very bottom of the list would have gotten cut.  That or Kelli's least favorite girl that season.  The only one I can think of who MIGHT possibly have been cut out of the seasons mentioned would likely have been Christina Ricelli in season 12.  

20 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Someone else might be able to give more details, but from what I remember she flunked her written test twice. Her kicks were a concern but they would've given her the time to work on them had she not done so poorly on the test. They just used them as the on-screen explanation for her cut.

I didn't know they still gave a written exam..I hadn't heard about it since Kelli passed out papers during Nicole Hamilton era.. The year when Erica wore that oversized blue shirt at solo...which I don't get why..and to be in a room full of your "sisters" couldn't someone gently tell her to get rid of it? If she wanted to hide her weight gain, pick a less obvious looking camouflage

3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think that whoever was at the very bottom of the list would have gotten cut.  That or Kelli's least favorite girl that season.  The only one I can think of who MIGHT possibly have been cut out of the seasons mentioned would likely have been Christina Ricelli in season 12.  

I've always thought they should cut the lowest ranked vet from finals. If anything to increase competition among the returning class

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

On years when unexpected things happened, I wonder if anyone made it that wouldn’t have …. Season 6 kailtyn cut.  Season 8 Chelsea cut.  Season 12 Holly resigned 

Speaking of Kaitlyn, as a vet candidate in Season 6, had she made show group again? Does anyone know?

20 hours ago, sATL said:

I've always thought they should cut the lowest ranked vet from finals. If anything to increase competition among the returning class

Supposedly, that's what they already do.  However, if we listen to some of the rumors that happened during Finals in the past, that doesn't always happen.  Jessica (a 4-year vet) supposedly bombed her interview at least once, if not more, and she still made the team even though other veterans were cut for a bad interview.  Supposedly Christina Ricelli had VERY weak solos which should have gotten her cut as a vet but didn't while other veterans (like Jasmine Goode) got cut for bad solos. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
On 11/4/2022 at 11:19 AM, dariafan said:

On years when unexpected things happened, I wonder if anyone made it that wouldn’t have …. Season 6 kailtyn cut.  Season 8 Chelsea cut.  Season 12 Holly resigned 

I think Season 9 was the perfect storm for Ashley Pro & Breelan:
Courtni (red head), Alex Hermes & Morgan (“a locker room fave” showing up late to her Finals Interview) got cut at Finals.  

But ultimately, Hannah’s weight gain and Vivian’s meltdown opened up BIG doors for them.  Even though Vivian wasn’t a “vet”, she was a returning TCC with a crap ton of power and momentum.  Although Ashley Pro was also a returning TCC, Judy was never in her corner from a dance perspective.   I believe the Hannah and Vivian cuts were key…it helped push them up and over…  ESPECIALLY considering they were up against monster powerhouse TCCs like Melissa W & Erica W.  

I do believe had Vivian not been so self-absorbed and friggin’ weird, and ultimately crumbling, she probably would have made the team. In Kelly’s words…”don’t you let this slip through your fingers”.  And Ashley and/or Breelan would have been out.

Regarding Hannah’s cut, the one thing that’s always stuck out to me is Judy telling Kelli “we’ve GOT to make these decisions at Finals, it’s too hard on us and them”.  Welp… fast forward one year later and Breelan is made an example of that.  She had some fluff and could have easily toned that up (however, I do agree she should have come prepared in the first place)….

BUT I will always throw up in my mouth watching Melissa Rycroft’s “blech/ugh/oof” reaction when she curled her lip up in disappointment at Breelan’s figure at the Season 10 finals.  Breelan was and is a bombshell and Rycroft couldn’t look that good if she tried… which she never does. 

On 10/18/2022 at 10:13 AM, MrsEVH said:

There was that one older lady who auditioned in a earlier season. She and her husband were traveling over the USA in an RV and it was something she always wanted to do. She obviously didn't make it to semis. 

Kelly MacPhilimoranti ! (I’m sure I spelled her name wrong.)

Ha! I’ll never forget that lady! She had balls.

PHd, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, and gymnastics teacher!  The “RV” being a run down conversion van. Boy, they were living the dream though! Working out of their van (somehow???Back then) and traveling all around the country.  Before being an RV nomad was “cool”.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:29 PM, StellaCL said:

Teri was a DCRB for at least one year prior to becoming a DCC.

I think there have been one or two dancers that tried out for DCC and went on to be a DCRB, but I don’t know any details. Maybe I am making that up in my head…

Terri doing her solo in finals with her pants falling down remains one of the funniest moments for me in all of DCC: MTT history. It made me laugh until I cried more than once. 

On 10/15/2022 at 12:35 PM, sATL said:

so she's still persuing hip hop..

But his style is cheer hip hop, so it matches Maddie's DCC style and she can actually do it, as opposed to hip hop, which I don't think she has, um, fully developed or nailed down.

On 10/16/2022 at 9:50 AM, vanillagum said:

Does anyone know why it seems like fans of this show are so obsessed with Bridget and hold her in such high regard? She was on the squad for only two years, and it's not like we saw her that much on the show. 

I will say it was odd when Marty pulled her out as a rookie on that one routine he taught and went in on how she supposedly looked like such a completely different dancer than everyone else and looked nervous or whatever. Just saw that part again. Felt very unnecessary. 

From what I can see she was a solid dancer and seemed smart and like she had a good head on her shoulders, and she was pretty with a girl-next-door-type look, but she wasn't, like, a bombshell. 

Was she really that good a dancer (and it wasn't really showcased on the show)?

Ditto to what everyone has said in their love of Bridget. I think she is an amazing dancer and performer whose incredibly strong technique is enhanced by her joy for performance and that inner spark she has. There is just something about her that gives off "truly lovely, good human being" who was always having the best time while dancing, and I found it hard to watch others when she was performing.

• Love 10

How come Kelli and her "detectives" can find social media photos/post before or very early in training camp, but she waited to the last hour to read or reread Ashley's written dance recommendation from a former team?

Do they not get recommendations as part of the initial application package back in the spring? If Kelli had an issue with the negative recommendation she should have said something much sooner, or forever held her peace.

Unless it was a lesson for Ashley in who not to ever use again for a recommendation.

• Love 5
On 10/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, MrsEVH said:

That was Courtney from FL a former TG Bucs cheerleader. She only stayed 1 season. 

Also if I recall correctly, she worked for Romark pharmaceuticals, which is pretty bottom of the barrel in the rep world. It's the place you go to cut your teeth when you can't get a spot with one of the bigger companies, and their comp plans are pretty terrible. They're really stingy about vehicles too. I thought it was stupid that she gave up her job but truth be told it probably wasn't any great loss.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Also if I recall correctly, she worked for Romark pharmaceuticals, which is pretty bottom of the barrel in the rep world. It's the place you go to cut your teeth when you can't get a spot with one of the bigger companies, and their comp plans are pretty terrible. They're really stingy about vehicles too. I thought it was stupid that she gave up her job but truth be told it probably wasn't any great loss.

I don't think she ever mentioned a name (probably couldn't on tv). I recall her saying she was driving a lot of miles and didn't have much time to practice. I think Kelli might have helped her find a job. Seems like if Kelli liked you (ex: Danielle, Courtney) she'd help you and if she didn't like you (ex: Shelbi, Kyndall) she wouldn't. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't think she ever mentioned a name (probably couldn't on tv). I recall her saying she was driving a lot of miles and didn't have much time to practice. I think Kelli might have helped her find a job. Seems like if Kelli liked you (ex: Danielle, Courtney) she'd help you and if she didn't like you (ex: Shelbi, Kyndall) she wouldn't. 

I wonder did she help the tcc/dcc who gave up her job in finance at lockheed martin to move to tx and was teaching in a fitness studio 

Edited by sATL
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't think she ever mentioned a name (probably couldn't on tv).

It was on her LinkedIn way back when.

ETA: It might have been Arbor Pharmaceuticals. I can’t remember if it was Arbor or Romark but they’re both not the greatest to work for.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Who was that?

Jennifer Colvin, season 7

I got the impression from the way Shelbi was talking it was more about her needing the free time during the day to practice and not that the company itself wasn't a fit, so she might not have wanted to look for another job during TC. Not sure about Kyndall or s10 Kat though and whether they wanted to look for a new job.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Who was that?

yes . jennifer alexis colvin.

but she gets to come back in later seasons to teach her own routine, so maybe lockheed martin/finance  gig  was just a stop gap

image.png.2b4a9f30e17e1d21d31c2436873ecd69.png

Edited by sATL
  • Mind Blown 1

another long pressing question... just what kind of  egg is that in Nicole's fridge when she is meeting with the nutritionist ("carbonation causes cellulite ")  who made a surprise visit on Kelli's orders ? My screen grab doesn't show it too much , but the egg appeared quite large.😁

I would be afraid it would drop and break if I was reaching for something else. 

It's kinda also a sad meeting in that I got the impression that Nicole was almost afraid to eat food, solid food. She was quoting mean girls but living off of juices after a 10lb weight gain . that can't be a good way to live either.

image.png.9c6759abe0a4456fcfd42538fcd90cee.png

Edited by sATL
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1