Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, LilyD said:

I never got why she was selected for Dancing with the Stars btw. Probably because she was so  cruelly dumped and humiliated on national tv, making her ‘famous’ thus interesting for the show.

She most definitely got onto DWTS because when she was dumped and humiliated, there was a huge outcry from fans who thought she'd been done dirty (rather than the fact that the bachelor was forced to choose and after making a snap decision had second thoughts.) so ABC basically threw her a bone by putting her on DWTS. I'm sure the only benefit of her being a dcc was that she had some moderate dance experience but I don't think that was really a factor at all, as dtws pretty much focused completely on her time on Bachelor. 

I had watched both her season of Bachelor and DWTS and was surprised later on to find out she'd been a DCC. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 11/9/2021 at 11:19 PM, vanillagum said:

who?

On 11/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, MrsEVH said:

Yep that book. It was such a dull read I didn't remember her name LOL (bought it on amazon kindle, read it, so badly written, returned it and requested a refund from Amazon for it. If I'm being honest the book was that bad that she actually made the scholz sisters AND MRS's books look that good and I don't remember anything written in it apart from what I said in previous my post LOL in my opinion)

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 1

Season 7 (2012) Kelli: "The kickline is a dealbreaker because we do it at every performance, and we can't have the girls be mid-field on the 50-yard line and then a couple wave goodbye and run off because they don't have good kicks."

Unless your name is Cassie, who clearly runs off at about 2:24 to avoid the kickline.  What, no goodbye wave?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, EvergreenLove said:

Season 7 (2012) Kelli: "The kickline is a dealbreaker because we do it at every performance, and we can't have the girls be mid-field on the 50-yard line and then a couple wave goodbye and run off because they don't have good kicks."

Unless your name is Cassie, who clearly runs off at about 2:24 to avoid the kickline.  What, no goodbye wave?

Kelli and Judy definitely have one standard for those close to them and another standard for the rest of the team.

However, in Cassie's defense, exiting off a stage is a little more subtle than if she had run off to the sidelines in AT&T stadium to avoid the kick line. I honestly wouldn't have noticed her exiting in that video if I wasn't looking for it.

58 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Bobbi Brown

Actually Bobbie Jean Brown, but yes 😊 I didn't think most people on here would be old enough to remember her! Except that she was on Ex-Wives of Rock with Sharise (formerly) Neil and Athena Lee a few years ago. She also wrote Dirty Rocker Boys which reads like trash, and yet...I read it 😬

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Actually Bobbie Jean Brown, but yes 😊 I didn't think most people on here would be old enough to remember her! Except that she was on Ex-Wives of Rock with Sharise (formerly) Neil and Athena Lee a few years ago. She also wrote Dirty Rocker Boys which reads like trash, and yet...I read it 😬

I do. She was married to Jani Lane from Warrant.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I remember her as well as the original video.  Wasn't she and Tawny Kitaen (from many a Whitesnake video) the go-to girls for video vixens in the late 80's and early 90's or am I mis-remembering things?

• Love 4
On 11/14/2021 at 11:16 PM, EvergreenLove said:

That was very low energy for me. Perhaps it was the slow music but I didn't see any extra sparkle not even from Whitney...

Also, kind of feeling they shouldn't do all the ass shaking in front of men who are so far away from their sig others...

Edited by TB12
typo!
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Did you read her second book ?  It keeps coming up On my because you read this book page 

• Love 1
On 11/14/2021 at 8:38 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Kelli and Judy definitely have one standard for those close to them and another standard for the rest of the team.

However, in Cassie's defense, exiting off a stage is a little more subtle than if she had run off to the sidelines in AT&T stadium to avoid the kick line. I honestly wouldn't have noticed her exiting in that video if I wasn't looking for it.

My biggest criticism about Cassie exiting the stage is that she's clearly not up to standards if she cannot do the kick line.  I get that cheerleaders get injured (and she had major issues with her knee that year - a whole separate complaint that she was even allowed on the team), but she needed to step back and either not perform or let an alternate sub in.

I'm not sure is this was the USO tour she injured her knee on (as she described in her talking head in Season 7), but either way, she shouldn't have been allowed on the stage.  But NO, they'll do everything they can to showcase Cassie on a coveted USO tour and give her opportunities that almost no other cheerleader would get.

• Love 5

One thing I have learned from having Pluto on in the background is Kelli’s pep talks are terrible. I don’t know how the girls ever kept a straight face when Kelli told them to get out there and “bust ass”. Ah, Kelli, that doesn’t mean what you think it means 💨 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, RedDelicious said:

One thing I have learned from having Pluto on in the background is Kelli’s pep talks are terrible. I don’t know how the girls ever kept a straight face when Kelli told them to get out there and “bust ass”. Ah, Kelli, that doesn’t mean what you think it means 💨 

I remember Kelli telling Danielle to "bust ass" after she made it back to TC with the foot injury.

Because I'm on a school break and I have time to think, I've been making lists of Veteran and Rookie of the Year.  Problem...I know all but the early years. Any fill in the blanks?  I'm sure Megan Fox fits in somewhere. 

Two hour special: R-Nicole Hamilton and Andrea Richards (tie); V-?

Season 1: R-Deryn Derbigney; V-?

Season 2: R-Gina Bechetti; V-?

Season 3: R-Brittany Evans; V-?

Season 4: R-Malia Morales; V-Nicole Hamilton

Season 5: R-Sasha Agent; V- Meredith Oden

Season 6: R-Holly Hubbard; V-Brittany Evans

Season 7: R-Jacie Scott; V-Jackie Bob

Season 8: R-Jennifer Amburn; V-Lauren Williams

Season 9: R-Mary Dill; V-Nicole Bulcher

Season 10: R-Kashara Garrett; V-Holly Hubbard

Season 11: R-Heather O'Connor; V-Jessica Purdy

Season 12: R-Savannah Heiniken; V-Robin Richardson

Season 13: R-Caroline Sundvold; V-Heather O'Connor

Season 14: R-Kelcey Wetterberg; V- Bridget Jacob

Season 15: R-Mckenzie Sherman; V- Gina Ligi

Edited by BlueBear2008
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BlueBear2008 said:

Because I'm on a school break and I have time to think, I've been making lists of Veteran and Rookie of the Year.  Problem...I know all but the early years. Any fill in the blanks?  I'm sure Megan Fox fits in somewhere. 

Two hour special: R-Nicole Hamilton and Andrea Richards (tie); V-?

Season 1: R-Deryn Derbigney; V-?

Season 2: R-Gina Bechetti; V-?

Season 3: R-Brittany Evans; V-?

Season 4: R-Malia Morales; V-Nicole Hamilton

Season 5: R-Sasha Agent; V- Meredith Oden

Season 6: R-Holly Hubbard; V-Brittany Evans

Season 7: R-Jacie Scott; V-Jackie Bob

Season 8: R-Jennifer Amburn; V-Lauren Williams

Season 9: R-Mary Dill; V-Nicole Bulcher

Season 10: R-Kashara Garrett; V-Holly Hubbard

Season 11: R-Heather O'Connor; V-Jessica Purdy

Season 12: R-Savannah Heiniken; V-Robin Richardson

Season 13: R-Caroline Sundvold; V-?

Season 14: R-Kelcey Wetterberg; V- Bridget Jacob

Season 15: R-Mckenzie Sherman; V- Gina Ligi

2013 when Caroline was rookie of the year Heather o was vet of the year 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

2013 when Caroline was rookie of the year Heather o was vet of the year 

Wow she won both ROTY and VOTY ?

She really did seem like a great veteran. (if I was a rookie I would've wanted to be in her group)

I remember her saying at the end of season 14 "I feel like a proud mama bear" and I loved her since.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kamal said:

She really did seem like a great veteran. (if I was a rookie I would've wanted to be in her group)

I remember her saying at the end of season 14 "I feel like a proud mama bear" and I loved her since.

I commended her and her group that year bc they might not have been the strongest but out of all of the groups they looked like they were having the most fun 

• Love 6
On 11/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, MrsEVH said:

I remember Kelli telling Danielle to "bust ass" after she made it back to TC with the foot injury.

I had to think about it for half a second and I think what Kelli means to say in those scenes is "bust your butt".  It really surprises me that she would say something so unladylike as "bust ass"!

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I had to think about it for half a second and I think what Kelli means to say in those scenes is "bust your butt".  It really surprises me that she would say something so unladylike as "bust ass"!

It was when Danielle was called into the office. Kelli told her she was almost not picked for TC but then they changed their minds. Pretty sure she told she had to bust ass to make it back.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It was when Danielle was called into the office. Kelli told her she was almost not picked for TC but then they changed their minds. Pretty sure she told she had to bust ass to make it back.

Oh for sure - I remember that scene. I just can’t believe bust ass is her choice of words!

ETA: I’m not sure if it means the same elsewhere but I’ve always understood “bust ass” to mean passing gas 😳 I remember gross boys saying that in college. That’s why I can’t believe it when those words are spoken by Kelli of all people.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

ETA: I’m not sure if it means the same elsewhere but I’ve always understood “bust ass” to mean passing gas 😳 I remember gross boys saying that in college. That’s why I can’t believe it when those words are spoken by Kelli of all people.

That's a new one to me. I realize there's so many slang terms people use to call passing gas. My brother worked with a guy who called it buck snort. 

• LOL 5

I also have a bunch of time on my hands.  I like to edit the Wiki Fandom page and need help.  I’m looking for info on show group members and group leaders/2nd leaders over the seasons.  There are blanks I’d love to fill in and any help would be appreciated.  Going back to the 2005 special, who were those leaders and show group members? Season 4, same thing.  
Thank you 🙏🏾 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:43 AM, Kamal said:

Heather was amazing! She had such a sweet vibe!

I’m actually surprised not to see Jenn Amburn as vet of the year since Kelli liked her so much. So maybe it is really true that it’s just the squad’s decision and not K&J? (We’ve often questioned that) 
What are the nominations based on? Is it their dancing or commitment? Personality? If it’s the first two, I would actually have expected Jenna on the list too.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

What are the nominations based on? Is it their dancing or commitment? Personality? If it’s the first two, I would actually have expected Jenna on the list too.

I'd have said dancing is irrelevant for the most part, apart from maybe McKenzie winning last year as she stepped up for some show group performances when she wasn't even on it.

I'd say it's mostly about being a great teammate and supporting each other. As a vet, it can often go to someone who's been a leader but without a title. 

• Love 1
On 11/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, RedDelicious said:

Oh for sure - I remember that scene. I just can’t believe bust ass is her choice of words!

HAHAHAH another meaning is falling, tripping, but like, exaggerated and extreme, sometimes where people end up injured lol.

• Love 1
Just now, DCC93 said:

HAHAHAH another meaning is falling, tripping, but like, exaggerated and extreme, sometimes where people end up injured lol.

Yes I know it that way too!  You might be the same age as me if 93 is your HS graduation year 😉 I feel like bust ass is a very 90s colloquialism.

Kitty says "bust your ass (work hard, hustle)" and Kelli says "bust ass (pass gas, trip and fall)".

And with Kelli it makes me laugh EVERY time I see it. It will never not mean gas to me (mostly because I have the humor of a middle school boy).

I had Pluto on in the background last night where Kitty was working with little Cathleen (hit it hard, BAM! hit it harder, BAM! SCREEEM!!) and she definitely uses "bust your ass".

And with that, toot toot, beep beep I'm going to bust on out of here 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2021 at 7:47 PM, WenD08 said:

I also have a bunch of time on my hands.  I like to edit the Wiki Fandom page and need help.  I’m looking for info on show group members and group leaders/2nd leaders over the seasons.  There are blanks I’d love to fill in and any help would be appreciated.  Going back to the 2005 special, who were those leaders and show group members? Season 4, same thing.  
Thank you 🙏🏾 

Is there a link I can look at?  I don't know what you have and what you are missing. 

On 11/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, RedDelicious said:

On 11/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, MrsEVH said:

On 11/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, RedDelicious said:

I just watched this scene on Pluto. Kelli says "bust your ass" to Danielle. It was subtle, almost like she was rolling her words together, but it was definitely not "bust ass." 

2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Poor Emily with the bad kicks and weird facial expressions   Standing there showing the camera the ways she practiced different looks , but they were all the same.  And all weird 

Which Emily is that?

26 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

I believe that is Emily Roslyn from Seasons 8 and 10. I could be wrong.

“Snake eyes” Emily? I think she was season 8 and 11. Little “Timid is good for church but not for a cheerleader” Emily was season 10. 

• Love 5

I’m listening to a new Podcast about the DCC called ‘America’s Girls’. Only listened to episode one but it is really interesting with interviews from past DCC’s. Apparently there is some juicy details!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

I’m listening to a new Podcast about the DCC called ‘America’s Girls’. Only listened to episode one but it is really interesting with interviews from past DCC’s. Apparently there is some juicy details!

I’m listening to episode 2 of it 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

“Snake eyes” Emily? I think she was season 8 and 11. Little “Timid is good for church but not for a cheerleader” Emily was season 10. 

I had to ask because there were 3 Emily's that were in TC in various seasons. Emily Claire, Emily Roslyn, and Little Emily. Little Emily was the one who Kelli called timid and looking defeated. I think she was told she was underweight during uniform fittings. 

• Love 2

I was watching S9 on Pluto a while back and noticed that both Emily Roslyn (who had been cut from training camp in S8) and Courtney (the finalist who had been in Bring It On the Musical in S8) were at auditions.  Now I can't remember if I saw them at semi-finals or at finals but I always think it's interesting when we don't get any acknowledgement of someone re-auditioning, especially when they got a lot of focus the year before.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

I was watching S9 on Pluto a while back and noticed that both Emily Roslyn (who had been cut from training camp in S8) and Courtney (the finalist who had been in Bring It On the Musical in S8) were at auditions.  Now I can't remember if I saw them at semi-finals or at finals but I always think it's interesting when we don't get any acknowledgement of someone re-auditioning, especially when they got a lot of focus the year before.

They do this so much. Marie from season 6 comes to mind and Lacey from season 12.  It could be they chose not to be interviewed at subsequent tryouts, or it could be the MTT producers just went a different direction with the final editing. It really begs the question how many re-audition and we don't even get to see a glimpse of? That is the part I am super curious about. 

• Love 4

I had Pluto on this morning while I was getting ready and it was the Mexico photo shoot with the bootleg Victoria’s Secret fashion show. I never noticed this before but when they are deliberating over the calendar pics, the sticker is still on the lens of Judy’s readers 😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Watching Season 8 on Pluto. All these girls tried out that year, and NONE made it to Training Camp that year.

Melissa Wallace
Kelsey Lowrance
Stephanie Larson
Alexis Peterson
Auto Amy
Kelli Quinn Sullivan
Breelan
Ashley Hancock (TCC Season 14. I know she didn't make the team, but still notable since she came back years later after being with the Mavs for a while).

I probably missed some, too. It's crazy to me sometimes all the girls they pass up on. They're lucky some superstars like Melissa and Kelli even come back. Those could have been huge loses (for the DCC) had they just decided not to try out again.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Ashley Hancock (TCC Season 14. I know she didn't make the team, but still notable since she came back years later after being with the Mavs for a while). 

Was Ashley on the Mavs when she auditioned in season 8?  I heard Mallory (the Mavs director) would not let the girls audition for the DCC because they were still under contract with the Mavs. They would have to retire in order to audition for another team. There was one year where Kelli Quinn Sullivan didn't audition for the DCC because she was on the Mavs. She and another teammate, Jamie were cut at finals so they both auditioned for the Ice Angels and made the team.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2