Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

• Start Topic

Air date: March 26, 2019

Frustrated by her inability to remember what happened the night Rosa died, Isobel turns to Liz for help; Max and Cameron investigate a series of strange deaths in the town; Sheriff Valenti reveals information to Kyle about his father.

• Love 1

Well holy f*ck - many of my theories just got confirmed.

So there IS a mind-jumping alien - I think whoever attacked them in the desert that night years ago was a parasite or something - and when it attacked Isobel, it jumped into her that first time.  And now it jumps into other people too.

I knew that shooter was alien-mindcontrolled.

At this point I don't know whether Noah/Grant Green/Whoever is the mind-jumper - but I am suspicious of Noah's instant "okay cool!" reaction to Isobel being an alien AND I'm suspicious of the timing of the attack on Liz's lab - only Noah saw all of that for the first time and look what happened.  One might say he doesn't want Isobel to remember BECAUSE he is the 4th alien!

Also - Michael & Maria are SO not over.  Michael looks determined to be as messy as he can possibly be and this will surely lead to a hot mess.  Poor Maria and Alex when they realized what happened.

I can't help it though - I want more M&M - I just don't want Maria set up to end up trashed by fandom.

• Love 12

Have I said how much I hate, nay, frickin loathe people smashing stuff on TV? 
At least Michael saved a little of the antidote, and the trasher was inhabited by an evil trasher (not that that makes the lab any less trashed).
IRL, the trashed experiment would more than likely lose funding and Liz would be unemployed.

Which reminds me: I don't think we've seen Liz's dad in months.

• Love 5

Not as good as last week, but a good episode.  

Nice to see that Isobel is not guilty and she really was being mind controlled by some other alien.  Our theories were proven correct.  I love her scenes with Michael- I feel like they have a more sibling bond than she does with Max.

Damn, Michael, Maria and Alex.... I like all three characters so much.

• Love 8

IMO mildly funny moments; Cam asking if she can get an alien std, and Noah calling Isobel an egg person.

Heartwarming moments; Isobel's reunions (at least once we got past the eggs person gun scene)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I choke-laughed when Maria threw water on Hank's face and walked off with a "all yours!" to Max and Cam.

Also - not sure I trust Hank.  He's now on my suspicion list of alien suspects.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

How many episodes will there be?  Is it 12 or 13?

Also - were we supposed to take Alex leaving Michael in the bunker as a "rejection" of Michael by Alex?  Or that Michael took it that way?

Because otherwise Michael looks messy AF for running back to Maria.  Actually even if Alex "rejected" him (which I don't really think he did), Michael looks messy AF running back to Maria.

And honestly - he literally looks like he doesn't believe a word Maria is saying right now.  

I can't read Michael right now.  I mean - I love M&M but I can't read where his head is at with her right now vs. Alex.  I thought after he told Alex the truth that that was a wrap on M&M?  But - I guess not?

So - was that a rejection by Alex when he left the bunker?  Cuz he only left because it looked like Michael wanted to leave Earth. Ugh - Michael and Alex communicate like they're in high school.  LOL - it's annoying.  Their "misunderstandings" are SOOOO juvenile.

• Love 2

Noah was the very best part of any episode of this season. I was legit belly-laughing at his back and forth with Isobel about her being an egg person and if she mind-controlled him into wearing that sweater. That was probably the most charming thing I've seen on this show. It's funny because I don't think the actress playing Isobel is that good but when it's an Isobel/Noah scene, they play off of each other so well.

Not the best part of any episode of this season? The hilari-bad security of a research lab in a research wing of a (LOL) community hospital. Anyone can wander in from the street, in their regular clothes. No security card needed, no multiple locked checkpoints to this super special research lab that gathers protesters. Just take a left instead of a right when you stop at the coffee bar and boom, you're in Liz's research lab that has at least one other doctor working in it that is never seen and also doesn't do inventory because Liz can use whatever she wants without some pencil pusher being like "Y'know? We're going through micro-pipettes at an alarming rate? We have a bottom line here, people". Okay.

1 hour ago, phoenics said:

I can't help it though - I want more M&M - I just don't want Maria set up to end up trashed by fandom.

This show - if it continues for a second season - just set up a toxic shipper war: either you're pro-gay relationship and a racist or you're pro-multiracial relationship and a homophobe. Nice job, Show. The only way out of it is if Michael has a Kelly Taylor "I choose me" moment and that ain't gonna happen because I don't think they're brave enough to do a poly thing. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

This show - if it continues for a second season - just set up a toxic shipper war: either you're pro-gay relationship and a racist or you're pro-multiracial relationship and a homophobe. Nice job, Show. The only way out of it is if Michael has a Kelly Taylor "I choose me" moment and that ain't gonna happen because I don't think they're brave enough to do a poly thing. 

Well they actually had Olivia Pope on one of the seasons of Scandal basically go "I choose me" and she kept messing with both Jake and Fitz, so... 

I agree with you on pitting an interracial ship vs a bisexual/gay ship... I HATE that this happened because even if my favorite ship wins I still feel like I lose because another marginalized group feels shafted.  Nevermind how they screwed Maria and her portrayal (or lack thereof) in the beginning anyway.

On twitter, things are okay for now, people are mostly being respectful, but I've already started to see the usual "why can't a man and woman just be friends" rhetoric that always pops up when it's an interracial (black woman/white man) ship, there were a lot of homophobic outcries when Malex premiered from the usual suspects, and there have definitely been some twitter attacks on some M&M shippers since last week's episode aired.  LIterally just some fans excited to see M&M and a flood of attacks from the other side.  Heather Hemmens posted a picture of her and Michael and her mentions got a bit overrun with folks talking about Malex (and many M&M fans too) - thankfully they were mostly being respectful.  And of course in the beginning a ton of angry hate for Malex at first.  

It's a mess, imo.  I wish the writers hadn't done this.  Michael right now is looking particularly bad.

• Love 3

As usual, I mostly enjoyed this episode. Things moved right along.  Everyone (except Maria) on the same page and trying to solve things. But it still bugs how they have this attitude toward ALIEN pharmacology like "A little antidote helped a little. Maybe try a lot, and it will help a lot??!?" "No it's too dangerous. Oh fine." Or maybe just give Isabel 48 hours and see if she continues to remember more and more? 

This handwavium ridiculous science stuff was a lot easier to swallow when it was being presented by a high school student instead of a research biologist. 

I felt sad when it switched to Maria at the bar: meanwhile, over in a plotline that has nothing to do with the main story... 😞

I loved Michael showing up at the hospital. He and Isabel might be my favorite relationship on the show. They might be the most consistent? 

I am suspicious of Noah too and honestly of Alex, not that Alex is an alien or a double agent, but I feel like he always has this expression like he might turn to the dark side at any moment. I thought Maria was kind of mad at Michael for sleeping with her since she is friends with Alex, but I didn't really blame him for that one.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah...I totally see this. The other thing they really messed up on is the Isobel/Rosa stuff. Now that it's been confirmed that Isobel has been brainwashed, and that the show is hinting that all of the Isobel/Rosa romantic moments are when she's blacked out and taken over by a male alien, that adds another layer of a toxic LGBTQ relationship that isn't actually LGBTQ. Either that, or I totally misread that subplot.

I feel like Noah being the fourth alien is so cliche and predictable. I mean, marrying Isobel? Being totally cool and suddenly in on the main plot instantly? Conveniently getting shot? That's all markers for the big twist where Noah reveals that he's the mind reader, right? Which is why I hope this isn't the case. It's not that I love Noah, but I think he has more potential than being the fourth alien. 

I like Michael, Alex, and Maria separately. If the show was brave enough, I'd be down for a poly relationship. But I still don't find myself liking Michael/Alex. I just binge watched the last few episodes I missed and I still don't see Alex/Michael as some epic cosmic couple. They really do act more like friends 90% of the time. 

One of the positives about this show is how open and honest they're being with each other. Besides those big secrets held for a decade, it's nice that every character is communicating fairly well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah...I totally see this. The other thing they really messed up on is the Isobel/Rosa stuff. Now that it's been confirmed that Isobel has been brainwashed, and that the show is hinting that all of the Isobel/Rosa romantic moments are when she's blacked out and taken over by a male alien, that adds another layer of a toxic LGBTQ relationship that isn't actually LGBTQ. Either that, or I totally misread that subplot.

Nope, that's a gross part of the show, too. Not that Isobel/Rose wasn't coming off as toxic as fuck even if there was a relationship there but now with the whole taken over by a male alien or possibly a male alien that was shapeshifting into Isobel, it's not a good look for this show. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

One of the positives about this show is how open and honest they're being with each other. Besides those big secrets held for a decade, it's nice that every character is communicating fairly well. 

I think it's hilarious how blasé everyone is about the Evanses/Guerin being aliens. It's totally cool! Throw some one liners about being egg/pod people and interplanetary STDs (both of which made me laugh, FTR) and move right along. Except poor Maria, left alone in her dangling subplots that go nowhere and being the potential same sex relationship spoiler. 

On the other hand, Maria/Michael should implode when she does learn that he's an alien and her mom's fucked-up-ness is because she was Touched by an Alien back in the day and Maria might actually become relevant to the story. Man, they're setting Michael up for a world of relationship hurt. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Also - were we supposed to take Alex leaving Michael in the bunker as a "rejection" of Michael by Alex?  Or that Michael took it that way?

I took it as Alex needed some time. It certainly wasn't a complete embrace of Michael (after asking some probing personal questions) and all that he is, but it didn't seem too unreasonable to me. I thought Michael went to Maria, not to sleep with her, but because he always heads to that bar and enjoys some banter when he needs to get away. 

22 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Noah was the very best part of any episode of this season. I was legit belly-laughing at his back and forth with Isobel about her being an egg person and if she mind-controlled him into wearing that sweater. That was probably the most charming thing I've seen on this show.

When Isabel said "I come in peace?" I thought it was super cute. Even though their relationship is not my favorite so far. 

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It does seem all of the Rosa moments were between the 4th alien (who is drawn to Rosa and is maybe a male) and Rosa. And that they were one-sided in that Rosa was not interested in not-Isabel in that way. (Based on Rosa's cave dialogue.) 

Edited by Myrrhine
  • Love 3

By the way, if anyone else cracking the hell up over the mental image of Rosa lighting all those 300 tealights and stubs of candles in that cave before frantically searching for her missing backpack? I actually had to back up and rewatch that scene because I was laughing at the absurdity of it. Very 90s emo, Rosa. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, phoenics said:

I don't think we were supposed to take Alex leaving Michael as a rejection. I think he only left because of the revelation that Michael was planning to leave the planet....AKA, leave him. And since we know Alex doesn't have a lot of people that he's close with and he's in love with Michael, the thought that he was going to leave him upset him enough to take off. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think we were supposed to take Alex leaving Michael as a rejection. I think he only left because of the revelation that Michael was planning to leave the planet....AKA, leave him. And since we know Alex doesn't have a lot of people that he's close with and he's in love with Michael, the thought that he was going to leave him upset him enough to take off. 

I guess I meant - are we supposed to take that as Michael thinking Alex rejected him again?  Because otherwise that jaunt over to see Maria is messy AF.  I didn't take what Alex did as a rejection at all - I saw it as you did. That's why I was confused Michael seemed to (if that's what he did).  I guess I'm trying to understand his going over to Maria for booze that he seemed to hope she would give him and maybe drink with him?

And then knock boots?

I dunno.  Just that the whole thing with messing with two best friends is messy AF to me.

I think the best aspect of the show is how much I enjoy each character. Sure, I like some more than others, but no one is a real dud. I hope next season, there is an episode where all of the characters are all in one scene. Isobel can host a dinner party where everyone is invited.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Myrrhine said:

bugs how they have this attitude toward ALIEN pharmacology like "A little antidote helped a little. Maybe try a lot, and it will help a lot??!?" "No it's too dangerous. Oh fine." Or maybe just give Isabel 48 hours and see if she continues to remember more and more? 

This handwavium ridiculous science stuff was a lot easier to swallow when it was being presented by a high school student instead of a research biologist. 

Yeah, the casual administration of Liz's Magical Snake Oil Alien Anti-Antidote was a WTF moment for me, but there was enough other stuff going on to distract.

So if Alex is going to secretly withhold a piece of Michael's space ship from him, that seems to be a score one for M&Mers.

As long as there continue to be a few good one liners (I would never choose that sweater for you) I will put up with the rest of the nonsense.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's how I read the scene as well.  

I also think Michael saw that too.  I think his heading straight to Maria was a reaction to Alex's reaction.  I agree that it's messy as hell, but I think Michael sought her out because they have more of a push/pull, combative relationship that comes with a more comfortable distance.  Michael is attracted to her and may even have some feelings, but their relationship isn't as intense so it's lighter and easier.  Michael doesn't see her as someone who would be hurt by his leaving.  

I happen to like all three characters and their respective relationships. I don't have a ship preference, per se.  But I love Maria and Alex's friendship and would be most pissed by any triangle bullshit messing with that. 

I actually liked Isobel in this episode (though I agree she isn't the strongest actor of the main cast).  I love her interactions with both Michael and Noah. Wish I felt the same about her and Max especially since they are supposed to have this tight bond.  Michael and Isobel seem closer.  For that matter Michael and Max seem closer.  Maybe Michael Vlamis is just a chemistry factory.

I was totally squicked out by the possession stuff between Not!Isobel and Rosa. Yikes.  I do find it interesting that Isobel has memories of it despite the fact that she was apparently blacked out and taken over by another entity.  So was she a semi-aware passenger?  Because that is a whole additional level of ick.  On the other hand, she seemed to be remembering it as her own memory complete with feelings for Rosa. I'm confused.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 9

I was RIGHT! I knew Isobel was being controlled by a man. Lily kept dropping her voice in every scene with Isobel and Rosa, and she acted like Isobel's femininity was annoying (wiping off the lipstick with some disgust, etc). I don't think it's Noah, but I also don't think Noah is completely on the up and up (although I did LOL at "Did I even choose this sweater?" "I would never choose that sweater"). 

I agree that Michael didn't look that great in this episode. And neither did Alex, for that matter (hiding something he knows means so much to Michael because he doesn't want to lose him isn't a good look).  Still, since Michael didn't know about that, him bouncing straight back to flirting with Maria after baring his soul to Alex makes him look fickle. I did feel for both Alex and Maria when Maria realized what Michael meant to Alex, though.

I got the impression Cam is still a little wistful about Max when she told him how scared Liz was for him. 

I don't know how it would work, but crazy pie in the sky theory is that maybe the fourth alien is Jesse Manes? Or maybe Jesse has been controlled by him. The level of careless, cruel violence seen in killing the girls because they spray-painted Rosa's car has thus far only been shown in Jesse.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

I don't know how it would work, but crazy pie in the sky theory is that maybe the fourth alien is Jesse Manes? Or maybe Jesse has been controlled by him. The level of careless, cruel violence seen in killing the girls because they spray-painted Rosa's car has thus far only been shown in Jesse

Good point. 

Maria backing away physically and emotionally from Michael when she learns that Michael has been essentially the love of Alex's life is a story of true sacrificial love as old as at least the "Old Testament" (two women claim the same baby is their own baby, so wise King Solomon threatens to cut the baby in half because he knows the real mother will give the baby away rather than have her child killed). So that trope points to Maria being the end game for Michael. Of course, Cameron backing off from Max and acknowledging Liz isn't much different.

So now I'm wondering which OTPs will be onboard the van spaceship in the final season's series finale.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

People finding out they are aliens is way too nonchalant. 

Michael was a bit fickle this ep. I think he has fun with Maria and likes the banter but his feelings for Alex are way too deep/long. Plus he usually goes to Maria after he feels rejected by Alex. My guess is Alex will give him the extra piece by the end of the season and Michael will have to choose whether to stay or not. 

I dont think Maria was in the wrong at all when she slept with Michael but now that she knows about Malex if she goes there again well that would be crappy. Ditto for Michael. 

Never thought Kyle would be one of my fav. characters.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, phoenics said:

On twitter, things are okay for now, people are mostly being respectful, but I've already started to see the usual "why can't a man and woman just be friends" rhetoric that always pops up when it's an interracial

"why can't they just be friends" or "she is a strong Black woman who doesn't need a man" is not surprising but always disappointing. I firmly wish the showrunner had not marginalized racebent Maria for *reasons*

Michael is messy but I really like his chem & banter with Maria now that TPTB are giving her more screentime and allowing them to interact, which leads to some great moments. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 4

I still just love this show to pieces. Such a lovely surprise it's turned out to be.

I love Noah and Noah/Isobel so much. The 'egg person' and 'I would never choose that sweater' stuff was so great. But Noah accepted everything was too quickly and so I am, of course, now even more suspicious of him. I hope they don't have him be evil. At the very least, even if his original intentions were evil I hope he had a change of heart because he fell for Isobel.

The Maria/Michael/Alex thing is so messy. I mean, I love it tbh, but it sucks. Thankfully I don't go on twitter or tumblr so I don't see any of the racism/homophobia and I can still enjoy just watching the messiness. I still think Michael/Maria have more chem, but these past two eps have made me like Alex/Michael more. They're building something finally. I don't know though, I think Kyle and Alex have more chem then Michael and Alex. 

I'm with whoever said that they need a scene with all the characters together. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I was totally squicked out by the possession stuff between Not!Isobel and Rosa. Yikes.  I do find it interesting that Isobel has memories of it despite the fact that she was apparently blacked out and taken over by another entity.  So was she a semi-aware passenger?  Because that is a whole additional level of ick.  On the other hand, she seemed to be remembering it as her own memory complete with feelings for Rosa. I'm confused.

She definitely has to be a semi-aware passenger, since she remembered killing Rosa and it wasn't even her killing Rosa. But the real question is if ALL of the Isobel/Rosa stuff was with the fourth alien mind controlling her or if Isobel genuinely did start out as friends with Rosa. 

2 hours ago, Cristofle said:

I don't know how it would work, but crazy pie in the sky theory is that maybe the fourth alien is Jesse Manes? Or maybe Jesse has been controlled by him. The level of careless, cruel violence seen in killing the girls because they spray-painted Rosa's car has thus far only been shown in Jesse.

Well, it's certainly possible. I thought about this for a while. I mean, the aliens did land over 50 years ago, right? Maybe the fourth alien just happened to escape his pod first. I just don't actually think it's Jesse for sure.

9 hours ago, phoenics said:

I guess I meant - are we supposed to take that as Michael thinking Alex rejected him again?  Because otherwise that jaunt over to see Maria is messy AF.  I didn't take what Alex did as a rejection at all - I saw it as you did. That's why I was confused Michael seemed to (if that's what he did).  I guess I'm trying to understand his going over to Maria for booze that he seemed to hope she would give him and maybe drink with him?

And then knock boots?

I dunno.  Just that the whole thing with messing with two best friends is messy AF to me.

I think it's more that Michael goes to Maria when he needs someone to banter with. It's not like him going to Maria in this kind of state after confronting Alex is a new thing. I don't think he was going to Maria to look for sex, specifically. I think Michael was upset that Alex left him after he told his secret. I don't think he took it as a clear rejection, as Alex could have taken off at any point during his big reveal. I just think that Michael was hoping for more of a supportive reaction but not being surprised with Alex taking off. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

She definitely has to be a semi-aware passenger, since she remembered killing Rosa and it wasn't even her killing Rosa. But the real question is if ALL of the Isobel/Rosa stuff was with the fourth alien mind controlling her or if Isobel genuinely did start out as friends with Rosa. 

I think it was all the mystery alien, from the way Lily was talking in that scene and some of the dialogue as well. I think the alien is someone who is obsessed with Rosa, and for whatever reason cannot approach her as himself (either because he's too old or because he knows her already and she's rejected him already) so he chose Isobel because she's prone to blackouts. The "not white" hint does give a possibility of Rosa's ex, but we've seen him all of once for a hot second so...who cares? That seems anti-climactic. 

I kind of hope it's not Noah just because the violation of Isobel would be unimaginable - first he murdered people using her body, then he married her? 

Max and Liz went from the least functional relationship on the show to the most functional relationship REAL fast, lol. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

But the real question is if ALL of the Isobel/Rosa stuff was with the fourth alien mind controlling her or if Isobel genuinely did start out as friends with Rosa. 

I have consistently gotten the impression that pre-posessed Isobel was definitely not Rosa's friend, but rather looked down on Rosa. 
I also think they've been gradually implying that possessed Isobel got a chance to see Rosa through the eyes of the possessing alien (who was attracted to Rosa) and that Isobel thereby got a chance to see Rosa as someone not unlike herself--with issues of alienation. (Sorry, don't have time to think of a better word than "alienation" right now, LOL.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's more that Michael goes to Maria when he needs someone to banter with. It's not like him going to Maria in this kind of state after confronting Alex is a new thing.

So the banter relationship Michael has with Maria soothes him. 

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Maria backing away physically and emotionally from Michael when she learns that Michael has been essentially the love of Alex's life is a story of true sacrificial love as old as at least the "Old Testament" (two women claim the same baby is their own baby, so wise King Solomon threatens to cut the baby in half because he knows the real mother will give the baby away rather than have her child killed). So that trope points to Maria being the end game for Michael. Of course, Cameron backing off from Max and acknowledging Liz isn't much different.

Interesting take. I'll be curious if this is where the show goes. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I have consistently gotten the impression that pre-posessed Isobel was definitely not Rosa's friend, but rather looked down on Rosa. 
I also think they've been gradually implying that possessed Isobel got a chance to see Rosa through the eyes of the possessing alien (who was attracted to Rosa) and that Isobel thereby got a chance to see Rosa as someone not unlike herself--with issues of alienation. (Sorry, don't have time to think of a better word than "alienation" right now, LOL.)

I definitely think that non-possessed Isobel looked down on Rosa, from her reaction to going to a movie with her, but you have a point that some more positive and intimate impression of Rosa lingered with Isobel (her flashes of Rosa when she tried to mind-warp Liz, getting upset at the idea that Rosa hated her). 

It seems like the mind-warping alien damages the mind somehow, but doesn't totally erase the memories, since the magical healing antidote supposedly "healed" her brain cells. Random thought: what did the alien do with Isobel the night she blacked out more recently?

• Love 4

Good episode. I can't believe Isabel is one of my favourite characters in this, didn't like her in the first one and in this during the first episode. I really love Isabelle/Noah and hope tptb won't ruin their relationship, we need a stable relationship on this show, max/Liz and Michael/Alex/maria is messy enough.

I continue to enjoy the relationship between max, Michael and Isabelle. Their interactions in this episode along with the Isabel/Noah was the best part of this episode.

I don't think Isabelle is bisexual, the attraction to Rosa has nothing to do with her, they were not her memories. If the body jumper is non white like I've heard others say, (i must have missed it while watching) do you think he could be related to Maria, there must be a reason she's the last one to find out about aliens, maybe she's somehow connected?

The Michael/Alex/Maria is messy and kind of entertaining. Looking forward to see how it unfolds, I think Michael and Maria will reluctantly fall for each other, at least that's what I'm getting, I could be wrong. This episode is the first time It felt like Alex and Maria were friends, they've been saying it but this is the first time I bought it. I liked their scene together and I hope we get more. Oh before I forget, I really like Maria and Max scenes, I hope they become friends, Max needs to loosen up and I think Maria is the only one that can get him out of his shell.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Grace19 said:

If the body jumper is non white like I've heard others say, (i must have missed it while watching) do you think he could be related to Maria, there must be a reason she's the last one to find out about aliens, maybe she's somehow connected?

It was sort of Hank who said it. He said something about the guy being a "shady mother, untrustworthy, bad to the bone" and Max muttered to Cam that that was Hank's way of saying he wasn't white. Hank didn't deny that. 

I would be surprised if Hank didn't know Noah from around town, though. Which is another reason I don't think it's him. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

It was sort of Hank who said it. He said something about the guy being a "shady mother, untrustworthy, bad to the bone" and Max muttered to Cam that that was Hank's way of saying he wasn't white. Hank didn't deny that. 

I would be surprised if Hank didn't know Noah from around town, though. Which is another reason I don't think it's him. 

The Body Jumper could have been in Noah and then Hank. Or does than not fit the events? I'd need to rewatch or skim the caption transcript.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

The Body Jumper could have been in Noah and then Hank. Or does than not fit the events? I'd need to rewatch or skim the caption transcript.

It's possible. Hank got into a fight with a non-white guy who then left with Carla and killed her - it doesn't mean that the non-white guy was the alien himself. It brings the question of, does this guy ever kill himself? He used Isobel to kill the girls and Rosa, he used Wyatt to kill Grant Green, he used...the barista pacifist guy to shoot up the hospital and burn Liz's lab. On the other hand, he didn't use alien powers to kill Grant Green or shoot up the hospital. Can he leave the handprint using a human body? Or does he need an alien to tap into that power? It's one Isobel wasn't aware of having, but that doesn't mean it's not somewhere in her. 

• Love 2

When Michael is with Alex I can almost feel his heart is racing, he is longing for Alex. When he is with Maria I can feel he is relaxed and happy. Alex on the other hand does very little for me. He feels extremely stiff. I don't know if it is the character or the actor. Maria also shows in my opinion her attraction to Michael.

Someone  said here that Alex and Kyle have chemistry and I agree. I love their scenes together. Obviously they won't have a romance but I hope they become close friends.

I'm glad Max and Liz are on better terms now. The Angst was becoming to much. Noah is adorable and I hope he stays alive and on the good guys ' side. And I hope for even more Maria in the next episodes.

Edited by clyo22
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, clyo22 said:

I don't know if it is the character or the actor.

I've seen the actor in other shows and Tyler Blackburn is actually a good actor, so I think he's definitely playing Alex this way. I know it's more to do with the character around Michael because Alex/Maria and Alex/Kyle scenes work very well for me. Alex/Michael is just so....blah. I get no romantic tension from their scenes, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel this way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Well, we seem to know where Michael (the actor) stands, but I don't see this potential love triangle going away any time soon.

It's cool to see just how creepy the alien who was possessing Isobel actually is. I think the bad enemy is definitely on the insane side of the fence.

5 hours ago, Grace19 said:

Oh before I forget, I really like Maria and Max scenes, I hope they become friends, Max needs to loosen up and I think Maria is the only one that can get him out of his shell.

Yes! This! I really like so many of the the different combos of characters and want more from many that will probably never going to get much together. This is going to all end up badly for me lol.

4 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

What did I miss?

MTE. Is there a Michael Vlamis interview where he says who he ships or something?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Grace19 said:

Oh before I forget, I really like Maria and Max scenes, I hope they become friends, Max needs to loosen up and I think Maria is the only one that can get him out of his shell.

I've been wondering if they'd have Max sing a little more than he did with the Alanis song, because Nathan is certainly not afraid to sing. I agree, Max seems fond of Maria and she brings him out of his angst somewhat.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

What did I miss?

21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes! This! I really like so many of the the different combos of characters and want more from many that will probably never going to get much together. This is going to all end up badly for me lol.

MTE. Is there a Michael Vlamis interview where he says who he ships or something?

Taking my response to the media thread since it's somewhat off topic for the episode.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I've seen the actor in other shows and Tyler Blackburn is actually a good actor, so I think he's definitely playing Alex this way. I know it's more to do with the character around Michael because Alex/Maria and Alex/Kyle scenes work very well for me. Alex/Michael is just so....blah. I get no romantic tension from their scenes, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel this way. 

He's so good that you forget the character lost a foot/leg when he was in the military! 

I know, that's the show, not the actor (unless he complained about having to use the prop crutch and walk awkwardly) but it's another tick in the "seriously? That's gross, show" column for me that they took away the one visible physical disability clue any of the characters have. Oh, I'm sure it'll pop up when they need it to for story purposes but I'm starting to realize this show has a couple of issues. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Cristofle said:

I agree that Michael didn't look that great in this episode. And neither did Alex, for that matter (hiding something he knows means so much to Michael because he doesn't want to lose him isn't a good look).  Still, since Michael didn't know about that, him bouncing straight back to flirting with Maria after baring his soul to Alex makes him look fickle. I did feel for both Alex and Maria when Maria realized what Michael meant to Alex, though.

I thought Michael went to Maria's bar after hours because he thought they were on good terms. He wanted to return Maria's necklace that he fixed and he thought that would get him a few drinks and an interesting conversation. I don't think Michael went there looking for more than that.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's more that Michael goes to Maria when he needs someone to banter with. It's not like him going to Maria in this kind of state after confronting Alex is a new thing. I don't think he was going to Maria to look for sex, specifically. I think Michael was upset that Alex left him after he told his secret. I don't think he took it as a clear rejection, as Alex could have taken off at any point during his big reveal. I just think that Michael was hoping for more of a supportive reaction but not being surprised with Alex taking off. 

This is how I saw it. He was going to see his frenemy (with one-time benefits) but looking for a drink and some company not sex. And also, while I don't really blame Alex for taking a minute to process or feeling hurt that Michael is trying to leave the planet... on what basis should Michael have reconsidered / abandoned his decades-long quest to understand his very nature and possibly reunite with his family / his people? I loved that the two of them actually talked to each other, and that Michael told him everything. I find it very understandable that Michael still wants to leave the planet, a couple conversations with Alex and some whiplash hook-up/break-up sequence not withstanding. And very understandable that Alex is stung to realize Michael might be leaving for good. And very understandable that Michael goes for a drink with a friend when he doesn't get the support he would have liked (IMO, if anything, Alex has been the flighty one between the two of them).

9 hours ago, Cristofle said:

I think it was all the mystery alien, from the way Lily was talking in that scene and some of the dialogue as well. I think the alien is someone who is obsessed with Rosa, and for whatever reason cannot approach her as himself (either because he's too old or because he knows her already and she's rejected him already) so he chose Isobel because she's prone to blackouts.  

I did not think Isabel was semi-conscious during the 4th alien's use of her body. I thought that she was completely out of it at those times. But that somehow the memories of what the 4th alien did in her body are/were locked in a part of her brain she could never access before, so she had no idea why Rosa hated her since as far as she knew she had nothing to do with Rosa in life and had only helped cover up her death thinking it was to help Michael. I also thought that she was now able to access and partially experience the 4th alien's memories stored in her mind.

I also thought they were saying that Isabel's blackouts from childhood were what made her susceptible to the alien-takeover. 

• Love 2

I love how Max/Isabelle/Michael being aliens is just being treated super cavalier at this point, like its only something kind of quirky but not that big of a deal. "Yeah yeah your an alien, but what about your time in middle school?!" 

I really hope that Noah is a good guy, he was so charming this week with his egg person comments and trying to be all supportive, and he and Isobel were cuter than they ever have been. "I come in peace..." I will be so sad if he turns out to be a bad guy. I wasnt a big fan of Isabel at first, but she has grown on me a lot over the last few episodes. 

The Michael/Alex/Maria triangle is already super messy, its hard to tell now where it will go. I feel like Michael and Maria have a really easy, fun chemistry together, which makes sense as they dont know each other too deeply and both like snark and drinking and fun times. However, Michael and Alex have this whole tortured tragic teenage love story going on, and while its less easy, its probably deeper and based on knowing each other better and having a complicated history. Which all makes sense, considering their backstories. I like all three of them as characters, but its too early for me to really commit to shipping one couple over the other. 

I mean, it would be awesome if they just went full on OT3, but thats probably just a pipe dream.

Isobel and Michael have a really nice brother sister bond, I really love their scenes together. When they arent being all weird and scary for no reason of course. 

The body surfing alien sounds interesting, and would actually give us a decently interesting villain, but the stuff with it possessing Isobel to hit on Rosa is...questionable. Very, very questionable. Its a super creepy, predatory way to play a possible LGBTQ relationship. It just comes across as so creepy, maybe more than its supposed to be. So, her blackouts are because of her childhood trauma (which...ok) so the alien can sneak in when she blacks out? Holy crap, Isobel used to black out all of the time! I am glad that she apparently didnt actually kill Rosa. The whole situation is a total clusterfuck, but at least it means Isobel isnt a murderer or out of control. When she isnt possessed by an alien at least.

Well now I know what song will be stuck in my head today! Dont wanna close my eyessssssssss!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I like Michael, Alex, and Maria separately. If the show was brave enough, I'd be down for a poly relationship. But I still don't find myself liking Michael/Alex.

This episode, while fun in some instances, was quite literally, all over the place.  Actions and words were totally coming out of nowhere.  First off, the idea that Noah followed Max and Liz and spotted the cave, entered, and saw his wife in an "egg", then heard her story and was like, "Okay, you're an alien".  Same with Cameron.  These people are taking this "my _______ (insert the relationship here) is an alien, but I'm cool with it, just flies in the face of reality.  Lily Cowles (who I knocked for not having the chops to pull off playing Isobel) has proven to be more than capable.  Her relief at recognizing Max when she emerged from her pod, was well done.  So too, when she saw Michael.  I'm even learning to find her mole no longer distracting, but part of her lovely face.  I just think the writing and story telling in this version is very unbelievable, even when you admit we're talking about aliens in Roswell.  People just aren't acting like normal people.  You find your Wife or Partner on the force is an alien and all you can manage is that, you hope you didn't get an alien STD when you were probed, or that your alien partner hid his singing at karaoke, or that it's cool, but did you make me choose this sweater?  These people should not only be in shock, but outraged and mad.  Cameron acts like she would still like to be with Max, despite being a good friend and telling him that he needs to let Liz know he's alright.

As for Michael/Maria/Alex, sexually, it worked on "Siren" when they introduced an actual thruple in bed.  Hey, if it worked for two humans and a mermaid, it should work for two humans and an alien, especially, if you have been with that alien already.

As for our favorite aliens, I wonder when Kyle will mention some of this to his Mom.  I think she has a right to know that there is an "Alien Serial Killer" in town and he's killing kids and burning labs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

Lily Cowles (who I knocked for not having the chops to pull off playing Isobel) has proven to be more than capable.  Her relief at recognizing Max when she emerged from her pod, was well done.  So too, when she saw Michael

I, OTOH, was even more "meh" on Lily Cowles' acting after those scenes, because I see no difference between her sibling hugs and her spouse hugs--which is giving me flashbacks to when OG Max (Jason Behr) and Isabel (Katherine Heigl) were in the honeymoon phase of their off screen romance and it sometimes bled through to their on screen interactions. 
IDK, maybe I'm just having OG PTSD.
Still, don't adult siblings tend to hug more with the shoulders touching rather than boobs-to-pecs? I don't have brothers, but that's how I've hugged my brother-in-law. 

• Love 2

LOL, I never got into the dynamics of hugging, I just follow the unspoken rule of avoiding any breast rubbings. Usually, with my brother or my 3 sons, I just do the 'Bro shake leading into the shoulder hug. My son's don't mind their dad hugging them, nor do my siblings. I felt actual  relief from when Isobel hugged her brothers, I didn't really pay attention to her hug with Noah, because I was too busy wondering why it took so long for her to ask about her husband after she emerged.  Noah is meh, to me as was Jesse in OG.  I just can't fathom Noah, suspecting Max had killed his wife, finding her in an Egg and for weeks, not mentioning anything to anyone except to call off the missing persons report. That's unbelievable.

Regarding Michael's current feelings for Maria:

12 hours ago, Myrrhine said:

This is how I saw it. He was going to see his frenemy (with one-time benefits) but looking for a drink and some company not sex.

I did not get that impression after this exchange:
[Maria]: I never would have slept with you if I knew you two had history. It can't happen again. 
[Michael]: You keep saying that.
Michael's parting line of "You keep saying that" implied to me that he and Maria had been friends with benefits before. If this were 1999, the fledgling Michael-Maria shippers would be swooning over animated fan-generated gifs of that line.

But this is the era of #MeToo, and I like to think writers have been schooled to recognize when a character is not honoring another character's right to say "no" for whatever reason.

Still, a woman (or a man) has a right to change their mind, so maybe Michael is just refering to Maria having a past habit of saying she's not going to do the beast with two backs with Michael again, but then she changes her mind.
In the previous episode, Maria initiated contact with "Dance with me, Mikey." Then in the desert the next morning:
[Maria]: It'll never happen again.
[Michael]: Right. Totally.

So I figure during Alex's 2 tours of duty that M&M were hooking up at least occasionally, but that—like Max and Cameron—it was "casual"
—which, in my experience, if it goes on long enough, never stays "casual."

And I didn't get the impression that until recently that Alex and Michael had done more than kiss.<--wrong:

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

the flashback episode made it quite clear that Alex and Michael did the deed in the shed when they were in high school. That's when Alex's dad smashed his hand.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2