Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

Exactly! Make sure your maintenance is in order and show that the house is loved and looked after. That's what people find important. Don't spend a fortune on kitchens and bath rooms that may not be to your buyers liking, I dare say most prefer the outdated kitchen as it gives them a chance to design something that they want and fits their needs.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Remodeling  can be an absolute waste when done to sell. A fresh coat of paint, a good cleaning, removing personal items such as family pictures, and taking away what could be seen as clutter are all good.

Removing family pictures...coffee cup collections (including drowned flies)...clown statuary...

It's good that they had a responsible renter in there before selling.  Matt said she - the new farm manager - was overseeing whatever repairs that needed to be done around the house.

• Love 5

Matt seemed to think selling to a son would give him rights to determine how things were handled plus Matt didn't want to sell the part that Zach had the most interest in owning.  Translated that tells me that Matt wasn't seriously interested in selling to Zach no matter what the dollar amount was.

I moved this over here because my response is more about Matt.

I think a major turn off of buying that property is both Matt's expectations as a next door neighbor, and fan expectations.

Matt strikes me as someone who wouldn't be pleased if a neighbor who bought the property didn't agree to play nice with Matt's wishes. If I bought that property the first thing I would do is tear out that massive parking lot and plant an orchard or grapes to keep the fans from parking on my property. Then I'd sell or donate the pirate ship to whoever would take it to get it off the property. Its an attractive nuisance. Western Town? Would be torn down for similar reasons - to get rid of attractive nuisances and to keep fans away. I'd probably paint the house. And I would have large no trespassing signs on the fences and would zealously call the cops on trespassers. And I think I'd royally piss Matt off even though these things would genuinely have nothing to do with Matt. I just know how people are about places they see on tv but if I am going to spend four million to live there, I wouldn't want to bother with the upkeep of a pirate ship or a western town and I wouldn't want to encourage people to visit my property by leaving a big parking lot for them to use as they made their way to pumpkin season on the wedding barn property. 

*First I would probably check the property all over for Matt's security cameras because I really think he's got a problem there. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 7

I looked at the property that Matt has listed for sale for $4,000.000. From the 40 pictures on Zillow it's  beautiful. It's 16 acres of the farms 109 acres.  So it's not like he is selling off the entire farm. 

So I'm thinking if the farm sells and there is no more pumpkin season there is most likely no more TLC show so no more TLC money rolling it. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So I'm thinking if the farm sells and there is no more pumpkin season there is most likely no more TLC show so no more TLC money rolling it. 

I think the show has pretty much run its course at this point.  Z&T not involved in the farm anymore and once the griping about losing the farm and the strained relationship with Matt storyline is played out this season, they bring nothing to the table.  Amy and Chris are married so all that planning etc is over.  That just leaves Matt tooling around the farm alone.  They would have to creat new drama.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I’m sure they’ll continue for a little bit longer. The pumpkin season was starting to wear off (in terms of reality show entertainment. Selling the farm and any new (Matt) venture would mean another storyline they can explore.
Also, there’s still enough drama within this family.  If anything, I can see the show gradually shifting completely towards Zach and Tori as they’re raising their 3 LP kids. Some of us think this is unlikely as Zach is quite boring. But LPBW is not the most exciting show anyways and a lot of episodes are boring as hell, so that won’t be much of a difference.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

If it shifts towards those two that would be the death knell for the show. Filming them sitting  around on the curb watching the kids ride trikes and scooters and then going into a messy house and complaining about not having everything that they feel entitled to have will not bring in viewers.  When the farm is sold and Matt leaves that will be the end of LPBW. Neither Zack nor Tori have the imagination or the drive to keep the show going. Too much like for for those two. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Filming them sitting  around on the curb watching the kids ride trikes and scooters and then going into a messy house and complaining about not having everything that they feel entitled to have will not bring in viewers.

How does this possible scenario differ from the original show? I’d say it sums up what LPBW was about! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, LilyD said:

How does this possible scenario differ from the original show? I’d say it sums up what LPBW was about! 

I got a real kick out if what you said! That farm house was MESSY!! The only things I would say that are different is that I think Matt and Amy where at least somewhat interesting at the beginning and their kids were older so could participate in storylines.  

Matt was and is a salesman, even if the story he was selling was bull. Zach and Tori seem like a couple of bumps on a log.  It’s sad the most interesting scenes to me are the Matt and Chris side-by-side confessionals LOL.  

On a side note, does anyone know when Caryn got divorced from her husband?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Her husband filed in 2012. I don’t know when it was finalized.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
13 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I got a real kick out if what you said! That farm house was MESSY!! The only things I would say that are different is that I think Matt and Amy where at least somewhat interesting at the beginning and their kids were older so could participate in storylines.  

Matt was and is a salesman, even if the story he was selling was bull. Zach and Tori seem like a couple of bumps on a log.  It’s sad the most interesting scenes to me are the Matt and Chris side-by-side confessionals LOL.  

Exactly at least Amy and Matt were animated and lively in their disagreements and they didn’t have toddlers who either don’t speak or can’t be understood when they do speak

Z&T are like watching paint dry and even though Jackson is the greatest thing since sliced bread and owns every space he enters he’s very hard to understand and Lilah basically grunts, shouts and doesn’t say any words at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought I remembered reading something about one of his farmhands supplying him. The guy who was deported.

Well well well...you learn something new everyday! I Googled "Matt Roloff drugs" and came upon a Radar online article about his drug days back in the 80's. He had quite a habit and got into some deep debt. Later on he developed an alcohol problem. 

1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Didn’t Matt have some drug involvement in his past beyond just the DUIs?  

Not sure about drug arrests. I think he did get a DUI at some point. But it's highly likely Amy and Chris drive after drinking going by all the videos and IG posts of lots of cocktails. Buzzed driving is drunk driving.

Chris is probably driving buzzed on this road trip. Look who he's got on the back of the bike for the next month. 

• LOL 4
29 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Not sure about drug arrests. I think he did get a DUI at some point. But it's highly likely Amy and Chris drive after drinking going by all the videos and IG posts of lots of cocktails. Buzzed driving is drunk driving.

Chris is probably driving buzzed on this road trip. Look who he's got on the back of the bike for the next month. 

Apparently in his book (published before the show) he admitted heavy cocaine use.  

• Useful 3
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wow, that's quite an accusation.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Apparently in his book (published before the show) he admitted heavy cocaine use.  

The title of his book is Against Tall Odds. I wonder if the drugs took place before he and Amy married? Ebay has the book for $4.00 and free shippping. I'd sort of like to read it. 

• Love 4
On 6/7/2022 at 7:04 PM, ginger90 said:

0EF10C45-C05A-4A0D-B4F8-1055EEA7C1BB.jpeg

So Matt’s parents now live in Arizona? I am assuming then that Matt has his condo down there also because he mentions seeing his parents more often. So there really should be no problem that Zach moved an hour away from Matt’s farm if Matt isn’t always at the farm anyway.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Adiba said:

So Matt’s parents now live in Arizona? I am assuming then that Matt has his condo down there also because he mentions seeing his parents more often. So there really should be no problem that Zach moved an hour away from Matt’s farm if Matt isn’t always at the farm anyway.

M&C have been snow-birding (spending the winter in AZ where Matt's pain is less) for several years now; that's nothing new.  But not seeing J&L every. single. day. at the farm which Z&T have apparently been using as their personal babysitter, day care, and playground IS new and I'm sure that's very hurtful, as it's meant to be.  If Matt's parents are living in the same community, that's awesome!  Good for them. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Dibs said:

But not seeing J&L every. single. day. at the farm which Z&T have apparently been using as their personal babysitter, day care, and playground IS new and I'm sure that's very hurtful, as it's meant to be. 

To both Zach and Jeremy. Its a pity Matt doesn't seem to care.

I'm curious how long it will take Matt to drive the last kid off the property. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Redrum said:

To both Zach and Jeremy. Its a pity Matt doesn't seem to care.

I'm curious how long it will take Matt to drive the last kid off the property. 

Z&J have no right to be "hurt" that THEY didn't put in the work and effort required to take over the family business, and that's no one's fault but their own.  How many times did J say "I'm just not ready yet," as if it would always be waiting there to be handed to him, and as recently as a season or two ago, Zach swore off the farm altogether.  No one promised anything except the opportunity, and both passed it up.  You don't get an "inheritance" until the person dies.  Matt, watch your back!  If kids are "driven off" because they can't bully parents, good riddance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Dibs said:

Matt, watch your back!  If kids are "driven off" because they can't bully parents, good riddance.

He just doesn't get to bitch about not seeing the grand kids if his attitude is indeed "good riddance" to the parents of the grand kids. Life is full of choices.

I never got the impression Jeremy had done anything other than not agree to Matt's terms but apparently that is all it takes to get a good riddance. Meanwhile he's got the new "trestle" home that everyone seems to love in comparison to Zach's place and a vacation home besides. 

Meanwhile no one is buying the farm at 4 million. Its not a stale listing in my opinion yet, luxury properties take longer, but its getting there. 

Edited by Redrum
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Redrum said:

He just doesn't get to bitch about not seeing the grand kids if his attitude is indeed "good riddance" to the parents of the grand kids. Life is full of choices.

Meanwhile no one is buying the farm at 4 million. Its not a stale listing in my opinion yet, luxury properties take longer, but its getting there. 

That's MY attitude; Matt and Caryn very obviously still want them in their lives.

• Love 1

In other news, I was a little disturbed about the all-terrain stroller; Matt was clearly uncomfortable with that. and I can't say I blame him.  I'm getting hints that Caryn is really looking forward to an off-the-farm life with Matt, and I'm not sure that's ever going to fully happen.  She wants more than just the farm relationship (and I don't blame her for that, either), but what can Matt, with his severe disabilities really do?  He's also the type who should never fully retire.  But good to see them negotiating.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Dibs said:

M&C have been snow-birding (spending the winter in AZ where Matt's pain is less) for several years now; that's nothing new.  But not seeing J&L every. single. day. at the farm which Z&T have apparently been using as their personal babysitter, day care, and playground IS new and I'm sure that's very hurtful, as it's meant to be.  If Matt's parents are living in the same community, that's awesome!  Good for them. 

However, if Matt is regularly spending time in Arizona, he’s not seeing them every single day at the farm, anyway. Zach didn’t move hours away nor did he move to another country. It’s probably a healthy thing that there’s some separation between the parties if there was tension and bad feelings.
I personally feel it’s much ado about nothing. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

I personally feel it’s much ado about nothing. 

It is. But Zach needs to amp up some drama because he (or Princess Tori) have figured out that they are no longer of interest to a lot of viewers. 

• Love 5

I think Matt putting the farm up for sale on Jackson's birthday was Matt ramping up the drama, to be honest. 

There's still no takers at four million and as of today that means its been on the market in a sellers market for over a month. I think it will get quietly removed from the market in another month or so since there was never really any intent to sell. That he's insisting pumpkin season will continue despite not making any infrastructure changes to the wedding barn property is the big clue in my opinion.

I also wonder if he can afford to have the show go away. That land only has value if someone buys it for the price he wants and I don't know if anyone's noticed but the economy isn't going all that well. And he apparently owes Amy a lot of money. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 5

Matt’s an interesting fellow. A man ahead of the game!

He’s always coming up with something. Those steep stools for little people with the handle. The chairs that I see him and Zack sitting in quite a bit!  Pumpkin Season and really the idea for LPBW!

Matt’s made them all quite comfortable in the $$$. Dept. Would be nice if they were more grateful. Matt’s name and money launched them all!

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Those steep stools for little people with the handle.

I don't believe these have been sold actively since 2010.

5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The chairs that I see him and Zack sitting in quite a bit!

This is the furniture business that.... is often mentioned but doesn't exist. Matt certainly isn't offering any product for sale.

10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt’s made them all quite comfortable in the $$$. Dept.

Yet the family that seemed quite  loving in season one is irreparably torn apart.

But there's money.

Except that Matt's boohooing he owes Amy a bundle. If everything he touches turns to profit, why hasn't he paid Amy as he should?

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The Zillow estimate on the property that  is for sale is $4,014,100.

So Matt’s right in line on the property’s worth!

Matts really a smart man. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Top Gun: Maverick was an insanely good film, I totally recommend it. That theatre doesn't look half as comfortable as the one I saw it in; guess I won't move to AZ. Matt's dad looks like he's barely aged since series one. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt’s an interesting fellow. A man ahead of the game!

He’s always coming up with something. Those steep stools for little people with the handle. The chairs that I see him and Zack sitting in quite a bit!  Pumpkin Season and really the idea for LPBW!

Matt’s made them all quite comfortable in the $$$. Dept. Would be nice if they were more grateful. Matt’s name and money launched them all!

He’s got amazing ideas, I’ll give him that.

But he is also very impulsive, starts stuff without really thinking things through and quite often abandons them before it really hits of. He could have been way more successful if someone had managed to rein him in a little. Unfortunately, Matt also doesn’t accept any form of advice either….

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

He’s got amazing ideas, I’ll give him that.

But he is also very impulsive, starts stuff without really thinking things through and quite often abandons them before it really hits of. He could have been way more successful if someone had managed to rein him in a little. Unfortunately, Matt also doesn’t accept any form of advice either….

How much "more successful" does the man need to be?  Seems to me he's made it...

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/8/2022 at 11:55 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Well well well...you learn something new everyday! I Googled "Matt Roloff drugs" and came upon a Radar online article about his drug days back in the 80's. He had quite a habit and got into some deep debt. Later on he developed an alcohol problem. 

Where was this on the show?

• Useful 1

I’m not saying he did a bad job, though most of his business success is because of the show. LPBW gave him a platform and a chance to show his business ideas and ventures. All I’m saying is that I’m sure he could easily have made millions more.

The best example I can think of is Roloff Farm itself. It had all the potential to become a proper tourist attraction with all the fame, the investments Matt made and the plans he had. Yet somehow, he never got past the few days of pumpkin season and most of the attractions he built proved worthless and could not be used.

The same goes for the wedding barn. It was an ok venue at best but it could have been much more with a few simple investments in better stuff to equip the barn with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8