Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Enough with the “my man” nonsense.  It’s ridiculous.  He has name, call him by his name.   Maybe the wedding invitations will say “you are cordially invited to the marriage of Amy Roloff and “her man”!

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

100% Italian/first generation American here: I have NEVER heard of adding lemon juice to your tomato sauce for chichen parmesan. You don't use eggs for Alfredo sauce nor do you add lemon to your chicken with it. One thing that is still annoying to me about these all too long videos that Amy puts out is that she goes into way too much detail and chatter. Why did she use up so much time having us watch her grate the cheese and season the breadcrumbs? Just say I have bread crumbs in which I added salt, PARMESIAN cheese and garlic(?) to? Also not an ingredient in Alfredo. Unprepared yet again and seems to be unorganized as a bonus. Quit the fake talk on your sales videos too. I don't know how Chris eats that slop.

I think she makes up her recipes and she adds way too much garlic and salt.  I agree with everything you said.  She should have the cheese grated before she starts the video.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I think she makes up her recipes and she adds way too much garlic and salt.  I agree with everything you said.  She should have the cheese grated before she starts the video.  

I don't know about that!  To me it was suspenseful just watching to see if she'd slice her finger and bleed into the reggiano parmesan!  Lol

• LOL 4
22 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

She must still be gaining weight with all those recent recipes, especially the parmESian chicken with alfredo sauce.  I think I gained a pound just watching her pour on the whipping cream into the pan of butter. 🙄

Omg I know!!....I couldn't believe my eyes when she put an entire stick of butter into the frying pan and then dumped 2 cups of WHIPPING CREAM into the pan!

She's so disorganized it drives me nuts, she had a big spoon, a whisk and a spatula type thing to stir the sauce and then she grabbed another whisk to stir it, she had her cutting board all cockeyed with one end up on a trivet and the other on the counter as she SAWED through the basil and parsley!

It's like watching a clown show.

She's still stumbling all over several words....She can't say SUBSCRIBE to save her soul... and says SUSCRIBE instead.

what is it with her need to constantly point out that Chris is HER man! 🙄

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

what is it with her need to constantly point out that Chris is HER man!

I mean, I find it annoying as well, but I get what's behind it.

Amy was probably told from a very early age that good women marry and have children and this is what every woman should strive for AND that as a woman with a physical disability, she was unlikely to ever be this "good" woman because no man would ever want her.  (bear in mind, comments here and on other boards show this is true - how many people ask how Caryn or Chris or Tori can be with little people when they are average height and reasonably attractive and not *needing* to settle for a dwarf).

Then she marries Matt and she IS that good woman, a woman with a *man* the way she was taught all good women should be.

Then Matt publically leaves her and shacks up with a demonstrably more attractive average height woman. That is public humiliation, losing status, being shamed as a woman who couldn't keep her man. I wasn't raised this way but I know many women who were and even if their husbands were utter scumbags, these women are still embarrassed that they weren't good enough for the man they love. Amy was obviously humiliated and shamed by the divorce, especially since her ex made such a gleeful display of how happy he was to be in his man cave being himself with no cares in the world and no concerns about how anyone, even his kids might take his choices.

And now she has a man again. A pretty nice man all things considered, and a man who is average height and who is interested in her despite her status in the world as a "bad wife not worthy of a man, not able to keep a man". I'm genuinely willing to bet that "you'll never get a better man than Matt" crossed her mind more than once, Along with "you'll never have a man again". So yeah, she's way excessive on calling dibs on her man. It's irritating but I get it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I wonder if Amy and her man’s wedding will be filmed.  They are filming now and who knows when these episodes will air.  She said the wedding is in August.  Not sure they will be filming another season again that quickly.  Thinking it may be a “special”, there are certainly plenty of people, who are interested in seeing  the Amy and her man extravaganza.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if Amy and her man’s wedding will be filmed.  They are filming now and who knows when these episodes will air.  She said the wedding is in August.  Not sure they will be filming another season again that quickly.  Thinking it may be a “special”, there are certainly plenty of people, who are interested in seeing  the Amy and her man extravaganza.  

Not sure when it might be on the air . . . but I'm pretty sure I'll have to trim my toenails that evening.

• LOL 6
40 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if Amy and her man’s wedding will be filmed.

What else would they film? I mean, Matt sitting in his office isn't compelling and neither is Matt rolling around on an ATV. He doesn't do projects, and he doesn't have a pack of dumb kids to boss around and do stupid kid things. Zach likewise is hardly bringing the drama - "I'm happily married and here's my kids playing" isn't compelling viewing. If Amy is willing to film the pre wedding planning etc... at least she's providing a storyline. I expect it to b quite tedious (not a huge fan of wedding planning).

• Love 4

Amy has to agree to have it filmed which she probably will, but the others could bring the drama if they addressed the fact that both brothers bid on the farm.  Also, could talk about how that caused a rift between the brothers.  They will not do that, so we will get those besties of Amy throwing her some sort of ridiculous bridal shower followed by the senior citizen wedding.  I am only interested in watching the wedding to see if both Zach and Jeremy with wives in tow are in attendance.  

• Love 5
On 3/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, DonnaMae said:

She is a total unorganized mess in the kitchen! Drives me crazy when she says "these are the ingredients I use, but you can use what ever you want". Well, gee, thanks for the recipe, Amy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She is a total unorganized mess in the kitchen! Drives me crazy when she says "these are the ingredients I use, but you can use what ever you want". Well, gee, thanks for the recipe, Amy.

I like when she says, “Add a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic.”, then proceeds to pour half a bottle into the pot.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I like when she says, “Add a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic.”, then proceeds to pour half a bottle into the pot.

Can you imagine what her breath must be like?  Toothpaste and mouthwash clean, but even they can't work miracles.  That stuff absorbs into your tongue and hangs on through several brushings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Can you imagine what her breath must be like?  Toothpaste and mouthwash clean, but even they can't work miracles.  That stuff absorbs into your tongue and hangs on through several brushings.

And what about the poor people at those card parties who have to eat what she cooks.  Everyone goes home with severe garlic breath. 😝

• LOL 6

A lot of people on the Internet share in Amy's problem.  They quickly type something, but don't reread it before they post.  It's super annoying.  😠   Since she's somewhat of a celebrity, she should be more careful.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if Izzy brought her one of the vibrators she was selling online, you know a little gift for her little MIL.  

Amy can wear her Little Red Riding Hood costume and get her *BUZZZZZ* ON! 

• LOL 7
36 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just found a recipe and made some no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies.  Never once licked my fingers while cooking, and there's no garlic or parmesian cheese in them.

Can you share it?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Can you share it?

Still can't find the exact recipe.  The one I used required two cups of sugar and 1/2 cup milk.  Most are variations of that measurement, and the instructions are similar.  Mine were super-sweet, but they were really good!

I watched the key lime pie video because I like key lime pie.  Well there was one licking of the finger which she acknowledged and then apparently thought it was okay to just wipe the finger on a paper towel.  Also, I really wish she would take off all her rings when she cooks/bakes.  The recipe seemed easy, but baking has to be exact and she threw in extra lime juice because she just felt like it.  I usually just buy Edwards frozen key lime pie if we feel like having key lime pie.  It’s very good.  Thaw and serve.

Amy reminds me of a woman I worked with years ago, she always wanted to cook for all the office parties.  She thought she was a great cook and did this because she wanted compliments on her cooking.  Wanted people talking about her, wanted people to ask her to make things for their holiday dinners etc.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Amy reminds me of a woman I worked with years ago, she always wanted to cook for all the office parties.  She thought she was a great cook and did this because she wanted compliments on her cooking.  Wanted people talking about her, wanted people to ask her to make things for their holiday dinners etc.  

We had a woman in our office who was the same way.  But she had been observed multiple times not washing her hands after going #2 in the bathroom.  Word got around.  She often took home leftovers.  I suspect many people who have watched Amy cook would also say "no thank you" to her creations.  

Yes, I know we often don't know other people's hygiene or housekeeping habits - which is why I eventually stopped going to potluck dinners, etc.  I got food poisoning from one church potluck, and decided that once was enough.

• Love 6

I never really liked to eat at office parties either.  Always concerned about people’s kitchen etc.  Sorry you got sick AZ, yeah that would do it for sure and yuck on the co-worker not washing her hands🤢

• Love 6
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I got food poisoning from one church potluck

Unless other people got sick as well, it wasn't food poisoning.  Getting sick after eating something doesn't mean you got sick because you ate something. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I never really liked to eat at office parties either.  Always concerned about people’s kitchen etc.  Sorry you got sick AZ, yeah that would do it for sure and yuck on the co-worker not washing her hands🤢

I hate pot lucks!  I usually bring something I like.  I eat that plus the catered meat usually Chicken then look for the fruit and veggie tray!

Desserts...I love them so I just dive in with a wing and a prayer!  Lol

• Love 2
22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We had a woman in our office who was the same way.  But she had been observed multiple times not washing her hands after going #2 in the bathroom.  Word got around.  She often took home leftovers.  I suspect many people who have watched Amy cook would also say "no thank you" to her creations.  

Yes, I know we often don't know other people's hygiene or housekeeping habits - which is why I eventually stopped going to potluck dinners, etc.  I got food poisoning from one church potluck, and decided that once was enough.

I'm a Big Brother fan and I've watched every season since the beginning and international versions as well lol

*WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT.. DON'T READ IF YOU'RE EASILY GROSSED OUT * 

Spoiler

One thing that I've noticed over the years is what slobs some people are, they'll wander around the house flossing their teeth including standing in the kitchen next to someone who is preparing food, or plunk their ass at the kitchen table next to people who are eating... *SNAP* floss* *FLICK* SNAP* with spit and bits of food flying everywhere... they'll dig around in their mouth with their fingers to dislodge food then look at it before sticking it back in their mouth and swallowing, they'll use the washroom, no hand washing and start preparing food, in season 8 a guy named Evel Dick (chain smoker 2 packs a day) would stand in the small backyard area which has fake grass and hack up phlegm and spew it into the fake turf where people walked barefoot to get in and out of the pool and sun tan, there's always one or two nose pickers who tend to wipe their treasures on the upholstered FURNITURE and pillows!... a guy named Howie was horny 24/7 and would crawl into a large plastic garden cabinet that stored the hose and other items and masturbate twice a day out of site of the cameras, he named it his "Jack Shack" I could go on and on... wtf is wrong with some people??

Amy would fit right in....licking her fingers, wiping her nose, digging in her ears, running her hands through her hair while cooking.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

She should have removed her rings when she kneaded the dough.  It wasn't very sanitary.

I agree, it drives me nuts!

Take off your watch, rings, bracelets etc and give your hands a good scrub including under your nails with a brush if you're going to work the dough or whatever with your hands!

• Love 7

If your rings aren't loose on your hands, you don't know what germs are hiding under there that the soap and water didn't remove.  Her hair hanging loose around her face and those bangs bother me too.  I wouldn't want to find a stray hair in my food.

• Love 10

I'm just trying out my new voice recognition software. So I am talking and it prints out for me on screen.

I am with you on the avoiding potlucks. Truth be told, I am not a huge fan. I've never gotten sick, and I can honestly say that my mother rarely removed her rings but I certainly see the sense in that. I really don't watch the cooking videos because I find cooking dull and Amy is a little too on for my tastes. On the other hand, I don't consider her a professional cook, so I don't expect professional behavior.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Even amateur cooks - especially those who make youtube videos and have lots of people over for meals - should follow basic rules of hygiene.

yes exactly, personally I think anyone who is cooking for others even their own family should practice basic hygiene, remove rings etc, pin or pull your hair back and wash your freak'n hands if you're handling the food.

it only takes a minute to pin your hair back and wash up, there's no excuse

• Love 11
On 3/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, DonnaMae said:

A lot of people on the Internet share in Amy's problem.  They quickly type something, but don't reread it before they post.  It's super annoying.  😠   Since she's somewhat of a celebrity, she should be more careful.

I'm not a fan of texting but many of my clients insist on it. So I'm texting some pertinent info to one of them prior to finishing my assignment. I THOUGHT I had typed "I left you a seedless baby watermelon. Hope you like it."

Unfortunately I didn't type the word "watermelon" so my text read: "I left you a seedless baby. I hope you like it." 

Other than that, I'm perfect! (JK!)

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm just trying out my new voice recognition software. So I am talking and it prints out for me on screen.

I am with you on the avoiding potlucks. Truth be told, I am not a huge fan. I've never gotten sick, and I can honestly say that my mother rarely removed her rings but I certainly see the sense in that. I really don't watch the cooking videos because I find cooking dull and Amy is a little too on for my tastes. On the other hand, I don't consider her a professional cook, so I don't expect professional behavior.

Oh Ella, didn’t you know that Amy can’t do anything right and deserves to have everything she does picked apart?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Oh Ella, didn’t you know that Amy can’t do anything right and deserves to have everything she does picked apart?  

I get you. I just think a lot of these things are a matter of taste. For example, I personally wouldn't want an engagement ring at all - I think its a waste of money since I don't wear rings, and I think its an unfair monetary obligation. That said, I don't have a lot of taste in rings so I really have no idea if a heart shaped diamond is somehow tacky or inappropriate or "too young" - it looked nice to me and Amy liked it so...

Likewise her wedding plans - I personally wouldn't have an extravaganza but if she wants to ride an elephant to the altar, in a dress with more bling than a gypsy bride, if she's got the money and thats her taste, why not?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Not just Amy the whole family gets it, Jeremy and Audrey get slammed all the time.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

How do you like the software?  Can you say the name? You can PM.