Type keyword(s) to search

Gravity Falls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That's a pretty decent video! I do like that he pointed out that just because it was on Disney didn't mean it was just for kids. I always have to point that out when talking to people about the show.

The finale will air on Monday, February 15, at 7:00 pm. A trailer was apparently leaked, but it's on some shady sites, so I'm not going to risk watching it.

My daughter is a HUGE GF fan. She is wearing her plaid (for Alex) and you would think someone has died as she talks about no season 3 or sequel. She wants to have a GF finale party. I have been trying to figure out what time the episode will air since I live in the MTN with a PST cable feed. GF has aired before at 8:30, 9, and 9:30. Living in Utah if the finale airs from 9-10pm, at least half the kids won't be able to come. My DVR won't show the official time till 2/2 and my daughter wants to order custom favors. If anyone knows is the 7pm the same time they normally saw it in their time zone? or is it earlier then the other season 2 episodes came on?

On Wander Over Yonder, on the episode called The Cartoon, Lord Dominator likes a cartoon called Mystery Kids Mystery which is a mashup of Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, and Gravity Falls.  They have the same voice actors in their respective roles.  Nice respect for Gravity Falls.

• Love 2

Man, EVERYONE came back for this one: Sev'ral Timez, Rumble McSkirmish (now Humble McSkirmish), The Sweaty Hideous One-Armed Monstrosity, Tad Strange(!!), and Wax Larry King's Head.

"I watch a lot of anime and trust me, you're gonna want some gun-swords."

"What's an anime?"

"We have much to discuss."

That was great. Also great: The wheel finally becoming important! Pacfica was finally confirmed as the Llama, Wendy as the Ice, and McGucket the glasses.

The ending with Stan losing his memories? Yeah, gutpunch. But then he got his memories back and it was all okay. That whole ending was perfect. The Northwests are broke! McGucket moves into their mansion! Bodacious T finally gets on the real news! Blubs & Durland confess their love! Stan & Ford journey to the Arctic, Soos takes over the Mystery Shack (with Melody!), Waddles goes with the kids! Wendy trading hats with Dipper was really touching, too.

The bus driver at the end? Kyle MacGlachlan. Damn, one last cameo.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

Holy crap. Watched it with both boys (8 and 4 1/2). Both boys looked at me with tears in their eyes and started to cry...and I did too. That's definitely how to end a show. I'll rewatch it with a less heavy heart tomorrow.

And I'm so relieved the brothers ended up together.

• Love 3

I want Grenda to punch me in the heart, too! All my feels, I can't deal with them.

I was really worried about what would happen to Waddles, nice that they'll take him home with them. And I loved that Melody works at the Shack with Soos. I wouldn't be surprised if Abuelita started pressuring them for great-grandchildren.

I'll really miss the show, but it's good that it's able to end on Alex Hirsch's terms and it didn't end up being over-saturated by the Disney machine and become a shell of itself. Really looking forward to the release of Journal 3 and I hope Alex Hirsch's show on Fox ends up being in the same vein.

Good-bye Gravity Falls.

127.gif

• Love 4

I'd be down for that.

As to the ep, I really really hate Alex Hirsch right now. Stupid kid show making my allergies act up.

Seriously. My 8 year old just said, "Mom, I tried to hold in my tears, but my eyes hurt...I just couldn't do it anymore."

And I made a choking sob...tried to cover it with a cough. I have a cold. (Really.)

• Love 2

And the Cipher at the halfway point:

TEN SYMBOLS PLACED AROUND A WHEEL

HAND IN HAND THEY'LL BOND THE SEAL

BUT BREAK THE CHAIN, AND PAY THE COST

THE PROPHESY WILL ALL BE LOST

EDIT: Apparently the bus seat had a cipher, too. it translates to this:

HIDDEN DEEP WITHIN THE WOODS A BURIED TREASURE WAITS

SECRETS LOST AND STATUES FOUND BEYOND THE RUSTY GATES.

(It's most likely referring to The Temple of Oculus Anubis in Oregon, where you can find a statue that greatly resembles our one-eyed friend. Or, in a less literal sense, it's telling you to go explore the woods like Dipper & Mabel.)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

It's over...

I looked it up on imdb this morning and can you believe the first episode aired back in 2012... TWENTY TWELVE.. We've been waiting more than 3.5 years for this moment. I'm really glad I found it after the first season had already aired, I don't think I could wait that long for 2 seasons of tv without going crazy.

I thought it was a good way to finish, last episodes are rarely ever good but they did a decent job here. Stan's bickering about Ford when they were trying to do the circle was so frustrating! But at least it all worked out in the end.

I loved seeing all the characters again and will be sad that in 3 weeks (or months) time we won't be getting a new episode.

• Love 2

Wow.  That's a great ending to a great show.  That gutpunch with Stan's memory was brutal.  The feels... just... I'll take a punch as well, Grenda.  That bit with Waddles was rough. 

I am really going to miss this show.  It was clever and stupid, serious and funny, and always entertaining.  Right up there with Avatar: TLA.  And the voice acting was fantastic. 

They left a means of returning to Gravity Falls, but I think that it's perfect as is.

• Love 1

This was a great ending to the show. Sure it was a little cliched how it all ended so neatly but I'll roll with it because it was gloriously silly enough that I'll overlook contrived happy endings. 

I have a weak spot for Transformer Mystery Shack. It ruins my critical thinking.

• Love 1

It was good, but why no Zyler and Craz?? At the ending of the last episode I was sure they would play a part in the finale and they weren't even shown.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 1

Yes! I can't wait for a boxset to come out and it better look like the journals!

Actually, I wouldn't mind actually getting those journals for real.  With all of the pages that we've seen during the show, at the end credits, and in other places, surely they can piece enough material together to make at least 1 journal, with the invisible ink.  Call it Dipper's journal, or maybe even Journal #4.

• Love 3

I cried like a baby. Stan losing his memories was super sad, and the noise Waddles made when Mabel was leaving him behind was brutal. But happy ending he goes with them. AWWWW

• Love 1

Actually, I wouldn't mind actually getting those journals for real.  With all of the pages that we've seen during the show, at the end credits, and in other places, surely they can piece enough material together to make at least 1 journal, with the invisible ink.  Call it Dipper's journal, or maybe even Journal #4.

There actually IS a real Journal #3 coming in July. It's exactly like Dipper's, but with information about the whole series. And yes, every page we've seen in the show will be in it, fully written out.

It was good, but why no Zyler and Craz?? At the ending of the last episode I was sure they would play a part in the finale and they weren't even shown.

Yeah, we just sadly see them fade away with Rumble at the end.

• Love 2

There actually IS a real Journal #3 coming in July. It's exactly like Dipper's, but with information about the whole series. And yes, every page we've seen in the show will be in it, fully written out.

Wow, thanks for letting me know about this.  And it's coming out right around the time of Book 8, so it's perfect.  I wonder if they'll write little comments on the pages much like Harry, Ron, and Hermione did in Fantastic Beasts.

That was the best series finale I've seen in a good long while. True to the show's spirit, full of fun little nods to what's come before, and wrapping everything up with a sense of love and fun. I went into it with high hopes, but the show exceeded them all. And my best friend and I are trying really hard not to let our bitterness about certain other shows leach into other fandoms, but he did spend a whole lot of the finale yelling "Haven, this is how you do it!" at the screen.

But on a creepier note, there's a secret hiding in Bill's death scene...

Edited by Tabbyclaw
  • Love 3

Ooh that's very cool! I love how the show has so many hidden things, I definitely need to watch it all through now that it has (finally) finished. Even cooler there are 'adult' things in the show, some of which kids will understand and others they won't. I wonder if there will ever be another animated show on par with Gravity Falls.

• Love 1

OK, a cartoon is not supposed to make me cry like that.

The whole Weirdmaggedon trilogy was genuinely scary. I figured out they were going for the ol' twin switcheroo, but it doesn't lessen the heartbreak.

Oh, Grunkle Stan, living a whole life believing you were worthless and could never match up with your brother, and knowingly sacrificing it all.

Did anyone watch the "Between the Pines" special with Alex Hirsch? First off, he's a cutie, but I never realized how intricately layered he made the show. I don't normally buy DVDs, but I would totally buy these.

Is Time Baby gone forever?

• Love 1

Is Time Baby gone forever?

Well, the secret document from "Irrational Treasure" said that Time Baby was frozen in Antartica...which was where Stan & Ford were going to check out the anomaly coming from there. I'd bet that they release Time Baby, and pretty much creates a stable time loop where he eventually goes back to the past to be killed by Bill.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Gravity Falls is linked with Rick and Morty. When stan started the teleporter a pen, notebook, and mug. Which makes an appearance in Rick and Morty twice. The second time is in the last episode. I forgot which was the first time.

So is that where stanford was? But so does that mean he is one of Ricks Multiple crime buddies? Included was Bill Cipher. Also the creators of Gravity Falls and Rick and Morty are friends. 

Alex Hirsch released the full version from "We'll Meet Again"! The fact that he does all 4 voices is crazy. I miss this show so much, I can't believe it's been 10 years since it started.