Type keyword(s) to search

Series 12 Production News, Spoilers, Speculation Discussion

DanaK
  • Start Topic

There are rumors that there are some changes to the Doctor’s costume for Series 12. The first is the coat is now gray (though the current one looks gray to me), with one person saying it’s because Jodie was too cold in the first one and this one is warmer. The person also said they saw it being sold at Amazon. Whether by accident or at the UK or US store, I don’t know. The second is there will be some different t-shirts, though I don’t recall if it’s in place of or in addition to the previous t-shirts

Edited by DanaK
10 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

not to nitpick, but I really dont like her pants much. Rather than showing 2 inches of upper ankle, better look would be boots.

I don't like much the little-too-short pants either (or the suspenders for that matter). Either have pull up socks or boots like you say. Yes, I know the pants are culottes and it's supposed to be that way, but I personally don't like the length

Love the coat though and I like the t-shirts. The only time I thought the t-shirt didn't look good was in Rosa, where it looked like an ill-fit, like it was too snug and it had been over-stretched

• Love 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6749705/Doctor-set-MAJOR-shake-ahead-Series-12.html

The Daily Mail is claiming the BBC is considering moving the show back to its old Saturday slot for Series 12 in a bid to retain younger viewers. Given it’s the Daily Mail and it’s still pretty early, I would consider this strictly rumor at this point. Plus their article title way overstates things with “set for major shakeup”

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I would love it back on Saturday night!

I wouldn’t care one way or the other as long as it doesn’t hurt ratings and BBC America shows it the same day as the UK. 

The funny thing is, Saturdays in the US is terrible for ratings for scripted shows, where for the UK, they seem to still be pretty decent

• Love 1
(edited)

Some updates and speculation on filming:

Some fan photos with the cast and fans watching filming show Tosin and Brad in tuxes and Mandip in dark clothes and possibly tux-like doing one or more scenes and at least one scene observed by a fan with Ryan and Yaz having to ditch their phones. See the link below for pictures

http://cultbox.co.uk/general/doctor-who-series-12-bradley-walsh-tosin-cole-and-mandip-gill-filming-in-barry

There are fan photos with Jodie and pictures of the cast for World Down Syndrome Day that suggests Jodie is currently wearing a darker costume (she wears a puffy jacket in the fan pictures that covers a lot of it, but enough peeks through), with speculation and theories that the Doctor is wearing something like a tux, possibly for just the episode they are currently filming since the rest of the cast are in tuxes. See the pictures in the links below

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-12-cardiff-stands-in-for-paris-for-a-night-shoot-with-jodie-whittaker

https://twitter.com/shabangtheatre/status/1108314487839514625?s=21

https://twitter.com/shabangtheatre/status/1108112578276921345?s=21

There was a night shoot that suggested the area was made to look like Paris, so possibly a story is set in France. 

The set design in the first production block seen by fans suggested some spy or intelligence plot that might possibly be set in WWII

A guest actress for the first production block (Episode 1 and possibly 5) has been identified as Molly Harris playing Suki Cheng

Edited by DanaK

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-12-new-directors-discovered

More directors uncovered. Jamie Stone, who was previously revealed as director of Block 1 (filmed in South Africa), said to consist of Episodes 1 and 5, will also direct the last block, Block 5, said to be Episodes 9 and 10. Lee Haven Jones is reportedly directing Block 2, said to be Episodes 2 and 3 and filmed in the Canary Islands. Emma Sullivan will reportedly direct Block 4

(edited)

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/

This should be fun. For those who don’t know the history and can’t access the Facebook link (if not, see the second link from Doctorwhonews) the Judoon are part of the intergalactic police and a little rough

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I guess they learned from their mistake of not having any known Doctor Who villains. 

More like, they let it be known early that one was back. They did have a Dalek in Resolution after all and they kept that secret until a week or two before it aired. Seems Twitter Who fans are happy and abuzz about this news

I’ve only seen the Judoon so far in their debut episode. I’m currently working my way through NewWho in order, currently in Tennant’s 3rd series

The Judoon episode is reportedly to be Episode 6 but that could change of course

A lot of outside filming today with the Judoon caught by fans, which is probably why the BBC released the news. You can check the Twitter account @doctorwhopn for pointers to a lot of them. The main cast will reportedly film inside the cathedral tomorrow 

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't see much chatter about the show here in Canada, but reading here that there is a WWII era episode made me wonder... is there ever a chance of seeing Captain Jack again?

Anything is possible but no idea. I'm sure John Barrowman would be up for it though

• Love 1

The site nerdrotic on YT keeps up to date on Doctor Who. Sounds like the new Doctor's merchandise is not selling , BBC is faced with making some changes on stories for next season.  I'd love to see some old faces from the older seasons just to bring some spark back to the series.    

• Love 1
16 hours ago, DanaK said:

This sounds like fun! Glad to see some familiar 'faces' back - I think that was missing from last series.

In other news, this is the first time this Canadian has come across the term 'noughties' (the decade of 2000-2009. I love it!

• Love 1

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/792918/doctor-who-the-master-returns-time-lord

Don't get your hopes up just yet, but another tabloid, The Daily Star, is reporting that the show's producers are in secrets talks to bring back the Doctor's nemesis The Master to go against Jodie Whittaker's Doctor, and as a male. The article doesn't say who they are in talks with (presumably the actor they want to play the Master?) or which season the Master would be back for

With Sean Pertwee mentioning that he has recently been approached to appear, maybe he is the new Master. Who takes on a “similar” face to an old Doctor just for shits n giggles. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Just hearing a lil' rumor that Chinballs is out and Jodie is leaving, time will tell if this is true or not.  Am I the only one who thinks Noddy Holder would make a good Doctor Who?

Seems to be a nonsense rumor started by NMD types with no sourcing. RadioTimes says insiders say it’s rubbish

• Love 1
3 hours ago, supposebly said:

What does NMD stand for?

Noddy Holder is in his seventies. So, I don't think that would be a popular opinion.

It’s referencing the NotMyDoctor types who are obsessively mad about Whittaker being cast

• Love 2
On 8/9/2019 at 3:22 AM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Just hearing a lil' rumor that Chinballs is out and Jodie is leaving, time will tell if this is true or not.  Am I the only one who thinks Noddy Holder would make a good Doctor Who?

It's about as true as the constant Star Trek rumours that Alex Kurtzman has been sacked...but is staying on to save face. Or that ST: Discovery/Picard have been cancelled...but will go on to be produced and aired to save face. In other words, a load of nonsense made up out of thin air by disgruntled idiots who can't stand new iterations of something they want to be gatekeepers of because they want everything to always be exactly the same as some imaginary golden era they mostly made up in their heads (because let's face it, no show is ever as perfect as the rosy-tinted glasses of nostalgia make it feel), and who know if they spout enough hateful guff it will be believed and spread by others just like them and cause damage in the process.

Doctor Who thrives on change and always has. Chibnall's Who isn't to everyone's taste any more than Moffat's or Davies's were - or John Nathan-Turner's or Robert Holmes's, and so on - but the fact that everyone won't always like the same era of Who only means that taken overall there is something for everyone, because everyone has that special era that is just right for them. More Who is never a bad thing, whether it is exactly to our own personal taste or not.

Noddy Holder? Sorry, but no, I don't see it - especially at his age. I was rooting for Paterson Joseph or Andy Buchan myself, but I can live with Whittaker.

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 4:50 PM, GSManiac said:

With Sean Pertwee mentioning that he has recently been approached to appear, maybe he is the new Master. Who takes on a “similar” face to an old Doctor just for shits n giggles. 

I would love that but I had hoped he would be asked to play The Doctor at a certain point. 

19 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I would love that but I had hoped he would be asked to play The Doctor at a certain point. 

I believe he has been.  I can understand why he doesn't want to do it.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2019 at 6:09 AM, Llywela said:

In other words, a load of nonsense made up out of thin air by disgruntled idiots who can't stand new iterations of something they want to be gatekeepers of because they want everything to always be exactly the same as some imaginary golden era they mostly made up in their heads (because let's face it, no show is ever as perfect as the rosy-tinted glasses of nostalgia make it feel), and who know if they spout enough hateful guff it will be believed and spread by others just like them and cause damage in the process.

Given that every Doctor Who lead leaves after 3 (or so) seasons, the haters who keep spreading rumors that she's leaving will get it right at some point and then they will crow about it even if Jodie leaves right on time

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-12-the-cybermen-are-back

The Cybermen are back! Pics in the link. They are reportedly in their last block of filming, so one of the last two episodes of the regular season, possibly the finale, or maybe a 2 part finale

There have been rumors and supposition that the holiday special will be filmed in  September (going into October most likely). It's unknown at the moment whether the special will be for New Year or Christmas

There a lot of references in the Hartnell era to the Doctor being human.... and there is a reference by Mavic Chen in The Daleks' Master Plan that the Doctor is just using A Form You Are Comfortable With. The show itself was ambiguous. This "Time Lord" malarky was retroactive continuity.

The latest I’ve been reading from those who pay attention to production, including the online site Cultbox, suggests the show is done filming the 10 regular episodes for Series 12 and is now filming an 11th episode thought to be a special. It’s not known at this time if the special would be shown before or after the regular 10 episodes