Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Coming Out Plural

• Start Topic

Summary:

The Alldredges' potential sister wife throws their courtship off track while Vanesa throws a curveball at Dimitri on their date. The McGees move out of their camper for more space & privacy while the Winders take a public stand for their plural lifestyle.

This was my favorite episode to date! 

I really like the Snowdens' Vanessa.  She's so chill yet so direct with her questions.  She seems to really embrace the children and the sisterwife roles in being a plural wife.  Ashley and Dimitri say they feel like they've been here before, as if the 3 of them always was, and I think that's sweet.  I was surprised the Snowdens used the word "religion" to describe their not eating red meat.  

I thought it was so funny when the McGees were like "let's get the wifi set up" when they haven't done a single other thing to get moved in.  And did they use a polygamy dating website or what?  

My favorite part was the Winders meeting another polygamist at the farmers market.  I wrote a whole blog post about it here: speakingofpolygamy.com/2019/02/12/double-facepalm/  (This is the same one I linked to in the Winder thread.)

Does anyone buy Jennifer's "family emergency"?  I can't imagine what happened to keep her from following thru on her plan to go hang out with Jeff's wives.  They flew all the way across the country just to see her, you know?  

• Love 2

Dimitri and Mr. McGee are one and the same. It's all about getting laid.

In every conversation they have with their wives they've got one eye on her face very carefully gaging their answers to see just how far they can push it this time.  Once the wife lays down a law the husband is all like yup, yup but in the back of their scheming little mind you know the end game is to get some strange but let the wife think that she's in charge.

Dimitri doesn't even give two craps if the relationships work out in the end, that's Ashley's problem in his mind. Even if he gets in a little time with another woman he's happy to let her go and move on to the next one. Dimitri and Ashley are playing two different mind games but it makes them both happy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, speakingofpolygamy said:

Summary:

This was my favorite episode to date! 

I really like the Snowdens' Vanessa.  She's so chill yet so direct with her questions.  She seems to really embrace the children and the sisterwife roles in being a plural wife.  Ashley and Dimitri say they feel like they've been here before, as if the 3 of them always was, and I think that's sweet.  I was surprised the Snowdens used the word "religion" to describe their not eating red meat.  

I thought it was so funny when the McGees were like "let's get the wifi set up" when they haven't done a single other thing to get moved in.  And did they use a polygamy dating website or what?  

My favorite part was the Winders meeting another polygamist at the farmers market.  I wrote a whole blog post about it here: speakingofpolygamy.com/2019/02/12/double-facepalm/  (This is the same one I linked to in the Winder thread.)

Does anyone buy Jennifer's "family emergency"?  I can't imagine what happened to keep her from following thru on her plan to go hang out with Jeff's wives.  They flew all the way across the country just to see her, you know?  

I also like Vanessa.  I think she is very pretty and she seems very kind-hearted.  I don't think it's going to work though.  There isn't enough give and take/compromise.  I can see Vanessa giving up meat at home, but they should allow her to eat it when they go out.    The Snowdens pick and choose aspects from many religions - such as the "Bindi" that Ashley and her daughters adopted this season, which was not present last season.  Nothing wrong with that, per se, but it's hard for someone coming into the family to learn and understand all of the rules and reasons behind them.

I had no clue there was a polygamy dating website.  Is there?  I have to say that I was very surprised they moved out of the trailer and into a home at this point in time, since they wanted to allow the new wife a say in the house they pick out for all of them.  I did hear Mrs. McGee (I think it was she) say that they would then move again when they added to their family.  I just don't like to move around so I would have stayed in the trailer until the new sister wife was added, but that is just a personal choice. 

Adding to my own post:   I also wonder at the wisdom of moving into this spacious house and giving each boy his own room at this point in time.  There are going to be adjustments and possibly initial slight resentments as the family adjusts to a new wife/possibly new siblings and having one's own bedroom is not likely. (Although possible.)   I had a large family (LOVE kids!) and my son's didn't have their own bedrooms until they were grown, so this is NOT a polygamy "thing".  lol

As I said in their thread, I liked the Winders much better this episode.  

I honestly DO think that Jennifer has an emergency.  She seemed to really like both Jeff and the wives and she also seemed sincere that she was looking forward to doing their nails.  She also looked genuinely distressed (red, tight face) when she said she had to leave.  I completely believed her, and I am always so skeptical!  lol     If I were going to join a Mormon family as a new wife, this would be the family I would choose.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 6

I think Jennifer is a little freaky and is looking for strange- not an actual polygamous commitment. I don’t believe she has a real family emergency- maybe some loose ends from a previous ish relationship?! I predict more rejection for the Alldredges, and they seem so earnest I actually feel sorry for them. 

Papa Alldredge would have 100 kids if he could- wonder how he would feed, house, clothe, them all?! 

I like Vanessa so much ! She seems way too smart and savvy to have interest in those two grifter wackadoos. 

• Love 8

The pearl clutching over the steak seemed a little much. I'm a vegetarian and my husband eats meat, even beef and cooks it in our house. I just request that he open a window and use a pan specifically for that. It's seriously not a big deal.

I was more surprised that Jennifer was smoking! Isn't that pretty forbidden? She seems a little shady to me, like she's trying too hard to be likable. Her life sounds pretty busy (bartending, manicurist, motorcycles). Is she really going to go live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and take care of someone else's kids?

It's amazing to me that these folks barely know each other and are talking marriage. Aren't they worried that the person is just putting on a front?

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, citychic said:

Dimitri and Mr. McGee are one and the same. It's all about getting laid.

In every conversation they have with their wives they've got one eye on her face very carefully gaging their answers to see just how far they can push it this time.  Once the wife lays down a law the husband is all like yup, yup but in the back of their scheming little mind you know the end game is to get some strange but let the wife think that she's in charge.

Dimitri doesn't even give two craps if the relationships work out in the end, that's Ashley's problem in his mind. Even if he gets in a little time with another woman he's happy to let her go and move on to the next one. Dimitri and Ashley are playing two different mind games but it makes them both happy. 

I agree.  I really get the sense that both of their wives (though I don't think Dimitri is married) have just resigned themselves to the fact that these losers are going to cheat and have decided that they can at least contain the damage this way.

7 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think Jennifer is a little freaky and is looking for strange- not an actual polygamous commitment. I don’t believe she has a real family emergency- maybe some loose ends from a previous ish relationship?! I predict more rejection for the Alldredges, and they seem so earnest I actually feel sorry for them. 

When he asked her what attracted her to polygamy she said she wasn't into monogamy.  But, for her, it would be a monogamous relationship.  To me that was a tell that she's just acting.  I think the "family emergency" is that her boss told her she has to dance the early shift because Summer, or Diamond, or Savannah called out sick.  

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, Kyanight said:

I also like Vanessa.  I think she is very pretty and she seems very kind-hearted.  I don't think it's going to work though.  There isn't enough give and take/compromise.  I can see Vanessa giving up meat at home, but they should allow her to eat it when they go out.    The Snowdens pick and choose aspects from many religions - such as the "Bindi" that Ashley and her daughters adopted this season, which was not present last season.  Nothing wrong with that, per se, but it's hard for someone coming into the family to learn and understand all of the rules and reasons behind them.

I had no clue there was a polygamy dating website.  Is there?  I have to say that I was very surprised they moved out of the trailer and into a home at this point in time, since they wanted to allow the new wife a say in the house they pick out for all of them.  I did hear Mrs. McGee (I think it was she) say that they would then move again when they added to their family.  I just don't like to move around so I would have stayed in the trailer until the new sister wife was added, but that is just a personal choice. 

Adding to my own post:   I also wonder at the wisdom of moving into this spacious house and giving each boy his own room at this point in time.  There are going to be adjustments and possibly initial slight resentments as the family adjusts to a new wife/possibly new siblings and having one's own bedroom is not likely. (Although possible.)   I had a large family (LOVE kids!) and my son's didn't have their own bedrooms until they were grown, so this is NOT a polygamy "thing".  lol

As I said in their thread, I liked the Winders much better this episode.  

I honestly DO think that Jennifer has an emergency.  She seemed to really like both Jeff and the wives and she also seemed sincere that she was looking forward to doing their nails.  She also looked genuinely distressed (red, tight face) when she said she had to leave.  I completely believed her, and I am always so skeptical!  lol     If I were going to join a Mormon family as a new wife, this would be the family I would choose.

I like Vanessa too.  She deserves way better than the skeevy Snowdens.   They're so obnoxious.  You don't get to demand the person you're dating adopt your dietary preferences and I was LIVING for Vanessa eating that steak in front of him.   I think the wife likes to make up all of these random "rules" for the family (I find her and her daughter wearing the Bindi extremely disrespectful to the culture they stole it from.  It's a religious symbol, not something you slap on your forehead to look cool and enlightened) in order to assure they never actually get a sister wife.  I think Ashley knows Dimitri is going to cheat on her regardless so this is her way of "accepting" it.  Dimitri is clearly just in it for the sex and ego boost.

Yes, there's a polygamy dating site.  I believe it's actually called polygamy.com.   The podcaster I listened to make a joke account on there and guess who contacted her?  The McGees!  That trailer could've been hers!  I think the wife said they were renting this new house and wanted input from the new wife before actually BUYING a new house and that they'd move before making the boys bunk up again.   Her husband's texts to the other prospective wife (it was on the previews) tells me everything I needed to know.  He's just in it for the sex too.  Polygamy is supposed to be a spiritual calling, it's not supposed to be about the sex.

The winders annoy me.  Mostly because the husband (with his Kermit the frog voice) is so into showing off his two wives to everyone.  I read the funniest tweet about him:

How (husband) orders at the McDonald's drive thru:

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, me and my TWO WIVES would like a big mac..."

:D

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Soobs said:

The pearl clutching over the steak seemed a little much. I'm a vegetarian and my husband eats meat, even beef and cooks it in our house. I just request that he open a window and use a pan specifically for that. It's seriously not a big deal.

I was more surprised that Jennifer was smoking! Isn't that pretty forbidden? She seems a little shady to me, like she's trying too hard to be likable. Her life sounds pretty busy (bartending, manicurist, motorcycles). Is she really going to go live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and take care of someone else's kids?

It's amazing to me that these folks barely know each other and are talking marriage. Aren't they worried that the person is just putting on a front?

Smoking and is a bartender who wears revealing clothing and poses suggestively online.  There's DEFINITELY something up with her. 

17 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I agree.  I really get the sense that both of their wives (though I don't think Dimitri is married) have just resigned themselves to the fact that these losers are going to cheat and have decided that they can at least contain the damage this way.

When he asked her what attracted her to polygamy she said she wasn't into monogamy.  But, for her, it would be a monogamous relationship.  To me that was a tell that she's just acting.  I think the "family emergency" is that her boss told her she has to dance the early shift because Summer, or Diamond, or Savannah called out sick.  

Someone should explain to her that a polyamorous relationship is not the same thing as polygamy.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, lezlers said:

The winders annoy me.  Mostly because the husband (with his Kermit the frog voice) is so into showing off his two wives to everyone.  I read the funniest tweet about him:

"Can I help you?"

😄

What’s with that voice?  I hate to sound like a dick, but he sounds a little bit like he’s on the spectrum. 

And they were definitely strolling around looking for some persecution and just didn’t realize that most people have the good sense to not get into it with cameras rolling 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I like Vanessa too.  She deserves way better than the skeevy Snowdens.   They're so obnoxious.  You don't get to demand the person you're dating adopt your dietary preferences and I was LIVING for Vanessa eating that steak in front of him.   I think the wife likes to make up all of these random "rules" for the family (I find her and her daughter wearing the Bindi extremely disrespectful to the culture they stole it from.  It's a religious symbol, not something you slap on your forehead to look cool and enlightened) in order to assure they never actually get a sister wife.  I think Ashley knows Dimitri is going to cheat on her regardless so this is her way of "accepting" it.  Dimitri is clearly just in it for the sex and ego boost.

Yes, there's a polygamy dating site.  I believe it's actually called polygamy.com.   The podcaster I listened to make a joke account on there and guess who contacted her?  The McGees!  That trailer could've been hers!  I think the wife said they were renting this new house and wanted input from the new wife before actually BUYING a new house and that they'd move before making the boys bunk up again.   Her husband's texts to the other prospective wife (it was on the previews) tells me everything I needed to know.  He's just in it for the sex too.  Polygamy is supposed to be a spiritual calling, it's not supposed to be about the sex.

"Can I help you?"

😄

He's starting to sound like Kody.  Big turnoff.

• Love 2

It cracked me up that Ashley told Vanessa that Dimitri would be really upset about Vanessa eating meat but no reason was given for why they exclude meat from their diet.  Then later when Dimitri learns Vanessa isn’t a vegetarian he is all “Ashley will be so upset”, and again no reason is giving.  These two posers are so fake they can’t even keep track of their made-up bullshit enlightened lifestyle choices.  Instead of the Snowdens they should be called the Fauxdens.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Booger666 said:

It cracked me up that Ashley told Vanessa that Dimitri would be really upset about Vanessa eating meat but no reason was given for why they exclude meat from their diet.  Then later when Dimitri learns Vanessa isn’t a vegetarian he is all “Ashley will be so upset”, and again no reason is giving.  These two posers are so fake they can’t even keep track of their made-up bullshit enlightened lifestyle choices.  Instead of the Snowdens they should be called the Fauxdens.

Ashley and Dmitri seem to be playing a polygamous game of "Calvinball" from the old Calvin and Hobbes comic strip--where the rules are made up as you go along.

If being vegetarian is so important, why wouldn't they state that in their initial requirements for a wife? Wouldn't that be asked before even meeting in person if it is a deal-breaker? This couple seems the most disingenuous of all of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

The Snowdens are phony phonies who phony. What is in this for Vanessa? She won't be an equal partner! They're already trying to control what she eats, for crying out loud.

The McGees can miss me. Seriously? The new house is big enough for them. NOW. But if a sister wife moves in the boys will have to share a room again. That is shitty, folks, sorry. Either have them share from jump or get a place that's large enough for everyone. Why do the boys have to be displaced to make room for dad's new piece?

Oh the Winders. So brave! So courageous! Taking on the farmer's market.

• Love 10

The Snowden's want more TV gigs. They're all wanna be 'actors', including Vanessa.  The steak looked good though.

With any luck, both McGee kids will be able to spring the crazy house before they settle in with anyone. 'Wifey whose idea it was' doesn't seem up to any of it yet, if ever.

Wow- the Winder's found another poly guy at the rockin' Farmer's Market - what a coincidink !!  -production set up gone stupid.

Another season for the Alldredge's complete with a sexy young thang who smokes, rides motorcycles, & posts flashy pics of herself - PERFECT match for this conservative family living on their private compound in a western wilderness. 

Something stinks... actually they all do so I'll go with that.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

Hey Dimitri, salmon aren't plants! Don't be one of those uppity vegetarians and make the rest of us look bad, especially when you then order fish.

I know they said they don't eat beef or pork, but I don't recall if they claimed to be vegetarian or pescetarian. Pescetarians eat fish and other seafood.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I know they said they don't eat beef or pork, but I don't recall if they claimed to be vegetarian or pescetarian. Pescetarians eat fish and other seafood.

I’m pretty sure they said they only eat a plant-based diet. 

• Love 4

It’s confusing because they are lying liars who lie.  One of them said they eat a mostly plant based diet and the other said they don’t eat red meat (so poultry is OK I guess).  No reason is given by either of them.  The Snowdens think being kind of vegetarian horny open love polygamists with red dots on their foreheads makes them really special snowflakes.  I can’t believe these two dumbasses found each other and are trying to draw others into their stupid way of life.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

It’s confusing because they are lying liars who lie.  One of them said they eat a mostly plant based diet and the other said they don’t eat red meat (so poultry is OK I guess).  No reason is given by either of them.  The Snowdens think being kind of vegetarian horny open love polygamists with red dots on their foreheads makes them really special snowflakes.  I can’t believe these two dumbasses found each other and are trying to draw others into their stupid way of life.

I’m really hoping that Mama drops a truth bomb on these chuckleheads tomorrow night 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Windors 🙄 the whole parading thru town is ridiculous.  Who do they think they are fooling ?  They live in a small, Mormon town, the whole town probably knows who they are and the lifestyle they live.  

Geez - why can’t people just live their lives without all the handwringing and worry about what others think?  Just do you, be happy and proceed thru life.  Nobody in that town cares that you are in a plural relationship.  Besides that you are on freakin national TV!  

• Love 7