Type keyword(s) to search

Days of Our Lives Episode Elimination Game

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry Victor. You've lived a good long life and maybe death won't be so bad since you'll be getting away from that annoying wife of yours. You can mentor Sami before you die so your spirit will live on with her.

Edited by LeftPhalange

Sami and Victor are...*drum roll*...tied! We could do a tiebreaker round or just generously allow them both to live :) Meanwhile, what should we do next?! Current/recent couples? Family relationships/friendships? Storylines/plots/murder mysteries...? 

Whatever the next category, I suggest a deadline for submitting the names/stories/whatever so you're not adding in the middle of the game.

My vote is for all time favorite story lines or couples.

• Love 1

Since a lot of people seem psyched about doing couples, let's do them next! Over the next couple of days, just post any current and former couples that spring to mind, and I'll out them together in a list. 

I suggest a deadline for submitting the names/stories/whatever so you're not adding in the middle of the game.

I second that! Let's take a couple of days now to nominate everyone and anyone who comes to mind so that we won't have to make any additions once the game actually kicks off :) 

....A few to get us started:

Sami/Lucas

Sami/EJ

Sami/Rafe

Nicole/EJ

Nicole/Eric

Brady/Kristen

Brady/Theresa 

Victor/Maggie 

Hope/Aiden 

Kate/Rafe

Kate/Stefano 

Paige/JJ 

Jennifer/Dan (LOL) 

Are we limiting couples to present day? I would love to throw in all the "supercouples" from the past; e.g. Steve & Kayla, Bo & Hope, Shane & Kim, Marlena & original flavor Roman, etc.

• Love 2

Stephanie/Max

Stephanie/Jeremy

Stephanie/Philip

Stephanie/Nathan

Melanie/Philip

Chloe/Philip

Chloe/Brady

Chloe/Lucas

Chloe/Daniel

Chelsea/Nick

Abigail/Chad

Abigail/Cameron

Nicole/Brady

Seconding old school Jack and Jennifer - one of the more complex and compelling couples they had. The angst was as much torture for the audience as the couple and the bits of humor that were thrown in were certainly needed and appreciated. I blame Jack's kidnapping of Jennifer from her wedding to this day for my marrying a fireman lol.

• Love 1

I'm thinking we should do current/recent couples first and then 'older' couples next---otherwise, the list will be way too long and unmanageable! Either way, here's the list so far. A veteran with far more knowledge than I have about who some of these people are and when they were together can help divide it into current/recent couples and past (but not forgotten!) couples :) 

Sami/Lucas
Sami/EJ
Sami/Rafe
Nicole/EJ
Nicole/Eric
Brady/Kristen
Brady/Theresa
Victor/Maggie
Hope/Aiden
Kate/Rafe
Kate/Stefano
Paige/JJ
Jennifer/Dan (LOL)

Jennifer/Jack

Stephanie/Max
Stephanie/Jeremy
Stephanie/Philip
Stephanie/Nathan
Melanie/Philip
Chloe/Philip

Eugene /Caliope
Vivian/Victor

Chloe/Brady
Chloe/Lucas
Chloe/Daniel
Chelsea/Nick
Abigail/Chad
Abigail/Cameron
Nicole/Brady

Bo/Billie
Bo/Carly
John/Marlena
Molly/Tanner
Ginger/Brian

Tony/Renee
Tony/Anna

Mimi/Shawn
Mimi/Rex
Chelsea/Max

Steve/Kayla

Bo/Hope

Shane/Kim

Marlena/Roman

Sonny/Will

Jordan/Rafe

Gabi/Nick

Chad/Abby 

(edited)

It's hilarious that nobody cares about Maggie/Mickey or Jug/Dulie.  Maybe add Tom/Alice or Caroline/Shawn?  Justin/Adrienne, although they wouldn't last long?

I'm wondering if it might be ok to just eliminate some of the lesser couples because it would be fun to pit the old supercouples against the present ones.

Molly/Tanner
Ginger/Brian

Tony/Renee

I should remember Tony/Renee but I know nothing about the others. Molly?  Was she Kate's alien kid? I remember nothing about Stephanie/Jeremy or Mimi/Rex.  Abigail's relationship with Cameron was a big nothingburger. Just thinking of ways to pare down the list.  Oops, I've actually voted already haven't I. No problem with dividing up the list either.

Edited by QuelleC

This will sound odd, but I like Tony/Renee because Renee stayed dead.  At the time, I hated that Renee was killed.  However, in 2007, I loved that Stefano was reminded that Andre murdered Renee, and how could he be so stupid as to unleash Andre on Salem again.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if it might be ok to just eliminate some of the lesser couples because it would be fun to pit the old supercouples against the present ones.

I agree.  Some of the couples listed were barely a couple.

• Love 1

QuelleC, Molly/Tanner and Ginger/Brian were the B couples back during the period when Bo/Carly and Jack/Jen were the A couples. Bo/Carly would be on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, and Jack/Jen, Molly/Tanner and Ginger/Brian would be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tanner Scofield (son of Vern Scofield, who you may remember working at the Spectator with Jack) was played by Michael Easton, Molly by Shannon Sturges - she came to town thinking herself an orphan (she was involved in a storyline of Eve's), but eventually learned that her birth mother was Ginger (played by Roberta Leighton, her character was a waitress at the diner Maggie started up at that time). Molly's father was also the father of Hawk, the con artist played by J. Eddie Peck who fell in love with Jennifer after originally crossing paths with her and Jack on their honeymoon. Ginger went on to fall in love with Tanner's brother Brian, played by Robert Mailhouse. I loved both couples, but all four characters ended up casualties of a mass firing at DAYS.

• Love 1

I like the idea of continuing the game - my problem will be remembering the pairings.  Other than the supercouples, I don't really remember who has been with whom (who? whom? eh, whatever).  I do agree with Beach Blonde that it should be sorted by decades.  There are quite a lot of couples as evidenced by the list.  Plus, some people may want to vote for a couple during one decade, but maybe not another - i.e. John and Marlena - great in their heyday, not so much any more.

• Love 1