Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

Thanks Absolom for posting this. If Alana gets approved for WLS, shame on the medical team that allows it. She's not ready, she's not mature enough, she won't be able to follow post-surgery requirements.  WLS is not a quick fix. You don't lose 100 pounds fast with no effort. I just can't. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

At best she should go to Duke's weight loss program, or the Mayo Clinic's, if they both still exist during COVID. Perhaps she could go when school is out and she is of age. I have friends who went and sustained long-term success.

My hairdresser was on his way to 400 pounds, and his wife would bring him 10 sandwiches for lunch each day. He would eat them over the afternoon. He had  gastic surgery long ago and lost a lot of weight. But he eventually returned to eating copious amounts of food and gained back too much weight. He died in his 50s.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 2

Eeeew June is all over that tiny man. They need to go to a dentist that doesn't give them day-glo picket fence teeth but I assume they get discounts/freebies from the places they go to.

Sadly Sugar Bear and June don't want to have to take care of Alanna nor do they want to pay for her.

• Love 10
(edited)

Those are two disgusting pretenses of parents.  June was more willing to give Alana up for adoption than to pay child support with an estimated income of $25,000 a month. Yet she'll blow money on any guy she can keep around for a couple weeks.  That's even beyond disgusting.  

How awful to expect one child to support another of her children.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 9

Yep, it was pretty telling that June would rather give away Alana COMPLETELY than give her sister some $$$ to help with her expenses.  We all know those NAILS alone are expensive!!

What ELSE does June have to spend her money on??  She gets free medical stuff (even for her toothless new boyfriend) and she's bought at least a couple of cars and houses for some other previous boyfriends.  What's left?  What shocked me was her $330K SALARY every year.  GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!

No WONDER the bitch doesn't want to get a "regular" job....  I sure hope she's saving some of that money, this ain't gonna last forever!

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Color me shocked that the doctor Gina recruited actually refused to do the revision June wanted.  Any doctor who tries to self-promote by associating with June gets automatic side-eye from me.  But, I have to give credit where credit is due, and good on him for retaining his professional integrity. 

June's reaction to being told no was surprisingly subdued, however.  Bet she was pissed.  I laughed out loud when the doctor delivered the news to her.  Kind of mean-spirited of me, I know, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . 

I wish somebody had pressed June on how it's actually humanly possible that out of $25k a month, she can't afford to give Pumpkin and Josh $2k to support her child.  Pretty sure her double-wide doesn't cost that much, and I can't imagine she's sinking that much money into her kept male companion now that he's living with her . . . so where the hell is all that money going?  I mean, we see her take a lot of ubers , and then there's the copious amounts of food she's obviously consuming, I guess . . . but, damn.  $25k a month is a SHIT TON of money.

Agree with previous posters it's truly disgusting that June's gut-reaction when asked to help support her own child was to try to give her away instead.  But, big picture, maybe she actually did everyone a favor by finally driving home the fact that at her core, she's a pathetic, selfish excuse of a mother who only has the capacity to care about herself.  Hopefully her kids can finally internalize that this is who June's always been and always will be - and that they're better off moving on without her.

Could watch the cute kiddos all day long.  Love chubby laughing babies, and Ella seems so happy surrounded by all her family that it makes me smile.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

So how has Sugar Bear been able to not support Alana AT ALL all these years?  At least he felt bad and shed some tiny tears and was 'worried' she might be hurt by him signing away his rights. On the other hand, he could have avoided all that by being employed and stayed in her life.

June supposedly averages $25,000 a month and she spent 24k on that last boyfriend and acted like...oh he can keep the car and the apartment, I just want to help people ..yet can't be bothered to pay for Honey Boo Boo and at this point it's only for a couple of years until HBB is 18.

The way she pursed her lips and had that mean expression in her beady eyes when asked to offer a monthly payment for HBB was not acting.

Given her penchant for convicted pedophiles I wonder if she holds some resentment to her daughters. It would explain giving men access to them when they were known offenders.  There's definitely something not pathologically right with June.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Yep, it was pretty telling that June would rather give away Alana COMPLETELY than give her sister some $$$ to help with her expenses.  We all know those NAILS alone are expensive!!

What ELSE does June have to spend her money on??  She gets free medical stuff (even for her toothless new boyfriend) and she's bought at least a couple of cars and houses for some other previous boyfriends.  What's left?  What shocked me was her $330K SALARY every year.  GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!

No WONDER the bitch doesn't want to get a "regular" job....  I sure hope she's saving some of that money, this ain't gonna last forever!

I hope the kids are getting at least half as much if not more for the last seasons of the show.  I find it hard to believe she makes that much from public appearances, who the hell is out here paying for this awful person to speak about how to be a deadbeat mom and letting convicted pedo boyfriends move in.

On second thought, wouldn't Honey Booboo be getting her own paycheck all these seasons. Surely they weren't shooting the last couple of seasons when June was off with Gino for free.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LEILANI2 said:

On second thought, wouldn't Honey Booboo be getting her own paycheck all these seasons. Surely they weren't shooting the last couple of seasons when June was off with Gino for free.

It's entirely possible I just haven't noticed, but it seems like Josh hasn't had a "regular" 9-5 job in a while, so their only source of income would be from filming, right?  I'm guessing that the bulk of the money for the show goes to June's nasty ass, however, so it wouldn't shock me if finances are tight for Pumpkin et al.  They do have a lovely home, altho it's definitely nothing over the top  But even in Georgia, living expenses for 3 adults, a teenager, and four little ones would still amount to a chunk of change.

• Love 5

I'm guessing that Mama June has never seen a single episode of My 600 Lb Life if she thinks she can just get a revision that easily and that she doesn't have to make any lifestyle adjustments on her end.  I mean, jeez. She's had this explained to her how many times now, between the consult before her first surgery, then post-op and follow ups, and with the skin removal, etc.  She really is willfully stupid.

Alana and her boyfriend are very sweet together.  He does seem more boyish than manly, younger than his actual age. 

I felt a little bad for Popeye, I mean, Sugarbear, but I'm glad he did the right thing. His heart's in the right place, anyway. And what a hard thing for Josh to have to do, to go ask SB to sign that.  He's really a standup guy.

On the cosmetic dentistry 1-10 whiteness scale, why do the new teeth on this show always end up at 10+++? Is the dentist incapable of producing anything more natural than "glow in the dark"?  Doe Doe's, June's and Justin's new grins would fit right in at a rave.

Every time I think June's crossed a line or set a new standard of low, she erases the existing line and draws a new one/crashes through the rotting floor of the standard she previously set to the sub-sub basement. That she is so blithely giving up all rights to Alana is shocking.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Given her penchant for convicted pedophiles I wonder if she holds some resentment to her daughters. It would explain giving men access to them when they were known offenders.  There's definitely something not pathologically right with June.

Nah, she knows those men were only interested in her to have access to her daughters.   She is pissed that without any daughters left in the house, she knows no man will look at her fat stinking carcass.    She also knows the dollars from the show are about to end making her even less likely to get a man because she can't buy him either.  So her attention from men days are over -- and she hates her children for ending them.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1

This whole scenario really makes me wonder how much longer June will have any income. Not sure the status of the show, but I hope she's totally booted from it. Doubtful she has saved much from earlier seasons.Telling her addiction tale to church basements with 11 people attending isn't lucrative. The hillbilly charm is totally gone especially since she has abandoned Alana. Gravy Train pulling out in 3. 2....

• Love 5
(edited)

June never cared about her children.     She only used them as bait for her hideous boyfriends, and for what she could make off of Alana's pageant fame.  

Look at the way her eldest moved out to live with Grandma, and how she didn't care about Alana's custody until she thought she could get access to Alana's money.     I think it's despicable that June got several seasons of her own show after the previous one getting cancelled after June taking up with her sex offender boyfriend, again. 

I respectfully disagree about June ever being a decent parent.   The key word for June a long time ago was 'seemed' to be a good parent.     She never protected her kids.   

I shudder to think what we haven't heard from her kids yet.     Good parents don't expose their kids to registered sex offenders, dump them at the airport, sue for custody when they only want to get to their child's money.    However, we all view the TV characters our own way.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'd bet that if June's do-boy Justin told her that he needed 2k a month for expenses that she'd pay it no questions asked.

She is a poor excuse for a mother and a person. I loved Pumpkin ditching her at the lawyers offices.

Raise your hand if you think June is paying her child support for Alana.

Edited by featherhead
Lost my mind....
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

June never cared about her children. 

I don't think that's true. I think she was a loving mom back in the early days of the pegeants and before that, the family all seemed very happy in the first days of the Honey Boo Boo show, but success and money really wrecked her. I guess there was always something lurking in her waiting to explode.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

June's first daughter Anna refused to live with June and lived with grandma instead.  I think June was as loving as was required to keep the cameras rolling for Honey Boo Boo.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Wasn't Anna with the family on the original show? June is no Mom of the Year, but her mother is absolutely horrid. June did come across as a parent who loved her kids in the early days. I don't think that was for show.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

June's first daughter Anna refused to live with June and lived with grandma instead.  I think June was as loving as was required to keep the cameras rolling for Honey Boo Boo.

Yea I sure was fooled in the early days thinking they were a happy family until all the molestation news came out and they canceled her only to give her a show again. What is it with TLC and their penchant to cast all these creeps.

Sugar Bear was off getting BJ's at truckstops and reststops and Mama June was cheating on him with her pedos in the early years That info all came out when they were on that Marriage Boot Camp show.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Wasn't Anna with the family on the original show? June is no Mom of the Year, but her mother is absolutely horrid. June did come across as a parent who loved her kids in the early days. I don't think that was for show.

Anna lived with the grandmother, and only came over for filming, because she was paid to.  She never lived with her so-called mother for most of her life. 

• Love 4

The falling out and article are from when Pumpkin was 14.  I wonder how now adult Lauryn feels about it all.  At this point, she clearly sees who her mother is. at that time, she was less likely to see through June's tears, gaslighting, and manipulation. This family is very sad to see.  

Personally I hope that no doctor would do WLS on Alanna given her age.  She can start with life changes rather than a surgical solution. Surgery is supposed to be a last resort, not the first step.  If they're trying to keep the show going and expand its appeal, it would be more interesting to see her work on life changes.  She could become an inspiration to other young people in similar circumstances. 

While she had the fame of the show, the deck was very much stacked against her from the start.  It is remarkable that any of June's kids have turned out well. Alanna seems like a genuinely sweet girl.  I keep hoping something will change in their circumstances to really improve her lot. The rollercoaster of terrible shows with her truly horrendous mother is not the way to go. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 3

June was a horrible mother to Alana on Toddlers & Tiaras. She treated Alana like a commodity. There was one scene where Alana was practicing on a stage, grew tired and frustrated (remember she was a young child), and June pushed her to continue in a very mean way. I dimly recall some threats were made.

That scene made me take notice of their relationship. June did a lot of posturing on that show. She thought she was bad ass, ordering everyone around. She thought she was doing the T&T version of Big Boss.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm pretty sure June was angling to get on TV for awhile. Remember she did that extreme couponing when they had a bunch of shows about coupons. Then T&T, finally she got a show. But I think it's Alana's personality that got them the show not June.

Another thing I thought of... Boy Pumpkin has come a long way. I remember when she tried to fight Sugar Bear. It still gives me a chuckle. 

Edited by featherhead
Lost my mind....
  • Love 7

Without weighing in one way or the other on whether June loves/loved her kids, I do think the happy family image HCHBB tried to portray in the early seasons was more made for tv than real.  As other posters have said, Anna lived mostly with her grandmother and only moved back home to film (and presumably collect whatever pittance June offered her for it).   Also, when Jessica was talking to Dr. Ish a few episodes ago, she mentioned living half her life with Doe Doe (not sure if that was old news, but it was the first time I remember hearing it).  Not sure about Pumpkin, but that means that at minimum, when HCHBB debuted, at least 2 of June's 4 kids had been farmed out to family members for substantial portions of their childhood - which  doesn't exactly scream "happy family" to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

but that means that at minimum, when HCHBB debuted, at least 2 of June's 4 kids had been farmed out to family members for substantial portions of their childhood - which  doesn't exactly scream "happy family" to me.

It could, on the other hand, mean "The two older kids temporarily went to other households because June could not afford to care for all 4".

Edited by newyawk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Anna was living with her grandmother because she had ALREADY BEEN MOLESTED by one of her Mom's boyfriends.  If I recall, Anna told her Mom abuot the molestation and Mom called her liar.   Then sent her to live with grandma so she wouldn't have put the boyfriend out of the house.   The one that went to jail, then when he got out June took up with him again.   So no, June never protected her kids.   

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 4

Sorry for the late notice, but I just saw this myself.

There is a new court show called Court Night Live on A&E, Wednesdays from 8:00 to 10:00 Central time.

Mama June is going to be on it tonight and she said she was first on the docket. Okay, she doesn't know what a docket is and did not really use that word but she said she was first so there's that. Apparently somebody was trying to make money off of June in an illegal way and June isn't having any of it.

Again, sorry for the late notice but I literally just saw the post about it myself. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, slasherboy said:

There is a new court show called Court Night Live on A&E, Wednesdays from 8:00 to 10:00 Central time.

Mama June is going to be on it tonight and she said she was first on the docket. Okay, she doesn't know what a docket is and did not really use that word but she said she was first so there's that. Apparently somebody was trying to make money off of June in an illegal way and June isn't having any of it.

Again, sorry for the late notice but I literally just saw the post about it myself. Enjoy!

I looked it up on Demand and fast forwarded through it all. She was not on any segment.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Rebky said:

I looked it up on Demand and fast forwarded through it all. She was not on any segment.

Yes she was, she was the second case. It was the very first episode so that's the only choice. Maybe try again and watch for the second case?

She has really long blonde and pink hair. And I never thought I'd say this, but she didn't come across as absolutely horrible. I realize there's a low bar, but still, this is Mama June we're talking about. 

I hope you're able to find it.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2022 at 5:59 PM, SabineElisabeth said:

But even in Georgia, living expenses for 3 adults, a teenager, and four little ones would still amount to a chunk of change.

Keep in mind, all 3 adults and the teenager bring in paychecks for being on the show and they also get paid for meet & greets, personal appearances, grand openings, etc. Don't know if the kids are earning any money that is going into some sort of account for their future, but it wouldn't surprise me. Especially Ella, being a little older.

On 7/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, featherhead said:

Raise your hand if you think June is paying her child support for Alana.

Well, if she doesn't, her wages will definitely be garnished. So she's paying, one way or another, with or without her active participation.  I just wish it was more.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, LEILANI2 said:

What is it with TLC and their penchant to cast all these creeps.

Us watching week after week and continuing to discuss and debate every little nuance like it matters. TPTB at TLC aren't stupid. Lacking morals, perhaps, but not stupid. WE are why the show continues.

• Applause 3
3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Yes she was, she was the second case. It was the very first episode so that's the only choice. Maybe try again and watch for the second case?

She has really long blonde and pink hair. And I never thought I'd say this, but she didn't come across as absolutely horrible. I realize there's a low bar, but still, this is Mama June we're talking about. 

I hope you're able to find it.

I FF too fast and missed it! LOL

• Wink 1
On 8/17/2022 at 5:38 PM, slasherboy said:

Thanks! I hate this bitch and I'm still gonna watch. I found this article about the case, does this mean she's no longer with GINA the manager?

-----------------

When asked why she never proposed a contract herself, Shannon explained, "Because [during] that time, I was in between management, doing stuff on my own. And at first, I didn't think he was going to constantly just ask and ask and ask [for my involvement]."

"I felt like I was being used," she added. "I have a life myself, I have a TV show myself, so I can't produce his show for free."

Looks like she does:

KEY POINTS

Mama June Shannon revealed on Instagram that she is now working with celebrity brand and image consultant Tonia Ryan

Some fans were pleased that the reality star appears to have parted ways with her former manager Gina Rodriguez

A number of fans defended Rodriguez, saying she might have been the one who dropped Mama June

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 2

The A&E rerun of the Mama June case is running right now (Friday, 9 am Central).  I think her case is second, after the first pathetic case.    

That was a rather boring case.   Poor June really can stop going from one loser to another in her dating life, and professional life. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, merylinkid said:

Nah, she knows those men were only interested in her to have access to her daughters.   She is pissed that without any daughters left in the house, she knows no man will look at her fat stinking carcass.    She also knows the dollars from the show are about to end making her even less likely to get a man because she can't buy him either.  So her attention from men days are over -- and she hates her children for ending them.

Longtime lurker here, but sadly I also think as long as she's been on drugs,  she may have tried to s$ll her kids for it, and when she got busted for it(or rather the dude went to jail for what happened to Anna and ANOTHER kid too smh) she turned to other avenues, like beauty pageants and lucked out in fame. There is a reason why she won't truly be remorseful for it, because she MEANT to do everything that's been allowed. And she probably wouldnt change a thing, except for that guy eve being in jail in the first place. Those girls are in our prayers. They have been through alot

Edited by Lelhas22
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 7:43 AM, merylinkid said:

Anna was living with her grandmother because she had ALREADY BEEN MOLESTED by one of her Mom's boyfriends.  If I recall, Anna told her Mom abuot the molestation and Mom called her liar.   Then sent her to live with grandma so she wouldn't have put the boyfriend out of the house.   The one that went to jail, then when he got out June took up with him again.   So no, June never protected her kids.   

I thought she had been already living with her grandmother ever since she been born, she may have just been staying over at her mom's when that all started happening 

On 7/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, LEILANI2 said:

So how has Sugar Bear been able to not support Alana AT ALL all these years?  At least he felt bad and shed some tiny tears and was 'worried' she might be hurt by him signing away his rights. On the other hand, he could have avoided all that by being employed and stayed in her life.

June supposedly averages $25,000 a month and she spent 24k on that last boyfriend and acted like...oh he can keep the car and the apartment, I just want to help people ..yet can't be bothered to pay for Honey Boo Boo and at this point it's only for a couple of years until HBB is 18.

The way she pursed her lips and had that mean expression in her beady eyes when asked to offer a monthly payment for HBB was not acting.

She didn't care who was around her children for that reason, if she couldn't get a man on her own without buying him, then her kids were the next step, her interview (I think it either ET or Dr Phil) after the 1st show being canceled and being confronted about that guy and being dismissive of what Anna went through is telling. They have zero business having weight issues at their ages but then again that is being a product of their environment and maybe a defense mechanism as to eat their feelings in or fight off predators who hry think wouldn't find non rail-thin girls desirable (gross,  I know 🙄)

• Love 4

Personally, with regard to the Court Night episode, I think she and that producer/friend of hers cooked up a fake lawsuit to get themselves on TV and promote that silly reality series they're involved in - I mean, had there been any buzz about this?  Anyone planning to watch it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Sugar Bear's before mouth picture should be used to help dissuade young people from starting chewing tobacco/dipping.

He does look better but won't stop that nasty habit or keep the new teeth clean, and since they're dentures not implants he'll soon take to not bothering to even put them in and going around toothless, I predict.  Nobody who lets their own teeth get that bad is going to take proper care of dentures.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, slasherboy said:

The Honey Boo Boos (sans June) cancelled a meet and greet at Boston Market because the owner supposedly screwed them out of $8,500 from a prior appearance.

If they had supposedly been screwed out of an appearance fee before, why in the world would they have agreed to a second appearance?

I have a hard time thinking anyone would fork over $8500 to these people for a personal appearance thinking it was money well spent.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 9/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, Carolina Girl said:

If they had supposedly been screwed out of an appearance fee before, why in the world would they have agreed to a second appearance?  

I imagine they agreed to 2 appearances and when they weren't paid for the first, cancelled the second.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2