Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Check Your Ed

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

So weller drugs his wife and has some doctor preform super risky surgery against remi’s will so he can get back the version of his wife he likes… The one who came out of a bag knowing barely anything.. Who he then never left alone because he thought she was a girl he liked a long time ago… This relationship has always bugged me weller has always seemed obsessed and now remi has no brother or mother left.. Guess I’m done

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

So weller drugs his wife and has some doctor preform super risky surgery against remi’s will so he can get back the version of his wife he likes… The one who came out of a bag knowing barely anything.. Who he then never left alone because he thought she was a girl he liked a long time ago… This relationship has always bugged me weller has always seemed obsessed and now remi has no brother or mother left.. Guess I’m done

Pretty much, I knew they weren't going to drag the Remi think past half a season.

• Love 1

The only thing I took from this episode: Weller's downstairs neighbors must be going crazy with all the fighting/noise/shootings happening from his apartment. He should be evicted.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 10

For a bottle episode I thought this one was pretty good. I like that Jane and Remi have merged so instead of the extremes of chaotic evil and clueless good we have a new Jane who would rather be one of the good guys but will cut a bitch if she has to.

Jane's perspective on Zapata made me laugh a couple of times. The whole "team" wants to go with her except Zapata who gives her a blunt "I'd rather not". There was also the team on the monitors at the end, everyone smiling except Zapata who had a neutral expression on a glitchy monitor.

There were a couple of moments that reminded me of other shows. Shepard crumbling reminded me of Thanos and there was a moment where Jane whacked Remi in the face and got that exact same head-turn that has been in every Terminator movie.

The pacing was a little off near the end. Jane is taken to the hospital, gets a whole bunch of involved testing done, comes home, shoots Shepard, goes back to work as Reade is coming in with Zapata in handcuffs. There should have been more time between all of these events (unless the FBI has their own special MRI machine that no one else is using at any given time) but it would have thrown off the ending. But Blindspot is one of those shows where police officers never need to do any paperwork.

3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

So weller drugs his wife and has some doctor preform super risky surgery against remi’s will so he can get back the version of his wife he likes… The one who came out of a bag knowing barely anything.. Who he then never left alone because he thought she was a girl he liked a long time ago… This relationship has always bugged me

I noticed this when Weller is telling the doctor and assembled crew "I can't lose her!" Dude, you were beating the shit out her a couple of minutes ago and then you stabbed her in the neck with a needle full of an experimental drug! Some unfortunate implications there regarding relationship dynamics that I think the writers might have overlooked.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Some unfortunate implications there regarding relationship dynamics that I think the writers might have overlooked.

Seems like a few seasons back Weller also put Jane in prison or some FBI dark place because she wasn't Taylor Shaw after all. That wouldn't be all that easy for me to forgive. Can't Weller find a date? I mean, he's a dad with another woman. WTH is the deal with Jane? Psych eval, please.

Speaking of ... FBI sure is quick to hand out badges to anyone, including Jane/Remy/Is She Faking Again. WTH is with that?

Meanwhile, I pretty much had this on in the background as a waste of an hour. Jane has hallucinations ... is she going to die? ... Jane MIGHT DIE! Sorry folks, I knew she was not going to die.

But the end where Sheperd is in the apartment ... where was Jane? Sheperd attacks Weller and Jane comes out of nowhere to shoot Sheperd. What, were Jane and her mom having coffee in the kitchen or something?

Oh, wait ... Jane STILL MIGHT DIE! I can only hope.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The only thing I took from this episode: Weller's downstairs neighbors must be going crazy with all the fighting/noise/shootings happening from his apartment. He should be evicted.

Should've moved out a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Free said:

Should've moved out a long time ago.

Not if it's rent-stabilized. 

18 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

So weller drugs his wife and has some doctor preform super risky surgery against remi’s will so he can get back the version of his wife he likes

Medical ethics be damned. I guess if you're going to use an experimental drug that has not been approved by any agency and which you really don't know what it will do, taking the decision regarding whether to use it from the individual who will be getting it is A-OK. This is actually one of the things I enjoy about this show. It's completely absurd and it doesn't care. Come w/ us. Pay no attention to ethical considerations or the law and just look at the killer klowns from outer space. 

4 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Not if it's rent-stabilized. 

Medical ethics be damned. I guess if you're going to use an experimental drug that has not been approved by any agency and which you really don't know what it will do, taking the decision regarding whether to use it from the individual who will be getting it is A-OK. This is actually one of the things I enjoy about this show. It's completely absurd and it doesn't care. Come w/ us. Pay no attention to ethical considerations or the law and just look at the killer klowns from outer space. 

It's plot convenient drug to bring Jane back but still keeps her sickness for the back half of the season.

• Love 2

The only thing that got my interest was a flashback to the opening scene of S1E1, which showed her opening the duffel bag.  What duffel bag has a double zipper?  Outside of the current occupant, why would anyone be trapped in one?

4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

The only thing that got my interest was a flashback to the opening scene of S1E1, which showed her opening the duffel bag.  What duffel bag has a double zipper?  Outside of the current occupant, why would anyone be trapped in one?

I don't know. It might be a good idea if that isn't a real thing. Sometimes kids with siblings get stuffed into small places occasionally. Or so I've heard. Not my sister and me. We would never....

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

4 hours ago, Dusty said:

I don't know. It might be a good idea if that isn't a real thing. Sometimes kids with siblings get stuffed into small places occasionally. Or so I've heard. Not my sister and me. We would never....

Or, you can use it to reverse the duffel bag by turning it inside out. You know, if the cops see someone 5'6" carrying in a red coat w/ a black bag, you go into the bathroom, take out the 3" lifts, a black coat, do an inside out and now you're carrying a brown bag. If that's your thing.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Loandbehold said:

This is what I was wondering through the entire episode.  All levels of consent were gone.  Remi got her original memories back and because Weller doesn't like who Remi actually is, he gets to decide to change her?  Uh, ok.  

Also, Remi would never have had that much trouble taking Weller out during their fight scene.  She's taken on "badder" adversaries and at many times, multiples of them, solo.  I don't believe for one second that they would have been so evenly matched except that Weller HAD to win to get his dear Jane back.  Blech!  The actress has never been that great, but she's definitely better at playing bad ass Remi than she is playing the mopey, I'm so scared to be seen as evil, Jane.  Hopefully, now that they've merged ALL the memories, we'll get some Remi-tinged reactions.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

I was bored by this episode... it was very predictable that the experimental surgery would be successful and that Jane would be back.  I'd rather have had the usual Patterson running the show and solving cool puzzles.

After all these years, and after finding out her real name (Alice Kruger) how is that the FBI prints her name on her badge as "Jane Doe".  That's not a legal name.  I guess she feels more like she is "Jane" than anyone but why isn't she using a legal name?  I would have thought she could legally change her name to "Jane Weller".  I just have images of her buying groceries or paying at a restaurant or her going through TSA and everyone thinks her card or license is a fake because it has an obviously fake sounding name like "Jane Doe" on it.

I really couldn't care less about Tasha and I have a feeling I am going to be fast forwarding a lot in future episodes.  If she was really double or triple or quadruple undercover, wouldn't she have said that in the car on the way back to FBI?  But I guess they wanted the dramatic reveal of Tasha angrily and glumly be marched through the office in handcuffs.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

After all these years, and after finding out her real name (Alice Kruger) how is that the FBI prints her name on her badge as "Jane Doe".  That's not a legal name.  I guess she feels more like she is "Jane" than anyone but why isn't she using a legal name?  I would have thought she could legally change her name to "Jane Weller".  I just have images of her buying groceries or paying at a restaurant or her going through TSA and everyone thinks her card or license is a fake because it has an obviously fake sounding name like "Jane Doe" on it.

Obviously Jane has been getting her pay by direct deposit under the name "Jane Doe." Her bank accounts use that name. So does her marriage license. She would have taken Weller's name, but only if he took hers and they would both be Doe-Weller. But Weller's old-fashioned and refused. Jane, in her last act of rebellion, decided to keep her family name - Doe.

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

After all these years, and after finding out her real name (Alice Kruger)

I had to rewind and put the closed captioning on, because when it was first said, I thought "Alice Cooper?  Are you freakin' kidding me?"

On 1/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, mxc90 said:

According to season 3, he owns the unit.  So I guess his co-op should fine him?

On 1/14/2019 at 12:01 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Maybe it was custom made?  I mean if you're going to go through all the trouble with the tattoos and memory erasing and what not, what's a little sewing?

• Love 3

Just watching the series for the first time. It seems to me that the writers missed an excellent opportunity here by not naming the integrated Jane and Remi character...

Jami.