Type keyword(s) to search

Felicity Smoak: Bitch With Wifi

• Start Topic

Season 2 saw her status change both on the show and her character, EBR became a series regular and Felicity became the EA. The clothing got sexier and her attitude sassier which was natural.

In one of his solo q&a sessions/appearances (can't remember which one), SA mentioned that at the beginning of Season 2, he actually said to EBR, "Wow, they've really sexified your wardrobe this season!"

• Love 1

In one of his solo q&a sessions/appearances (can't remember which one), SA mentioned that at the beginning of Season 2, he actually said to EBR, "Wow, they've really sexified your wardrobe this season!"

Yeah Stephen Amell did say that in one of the cons that he did the summer before they started airing season 2.

Felicity's hair was lose and flowy for the first two episodes of season 2 and her ponytail returned in episode 3. We later learned that EBR had to fight for her ponytail and glasses to retain her character. I guess, that is why it took her two episode to get what she wanted.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 1
We later learned that EBR had to fight for her ponytail and glasses to retain her character.

That was a good call. Emily is cute and all, but it's the glasses and ponytail combo that sex her up. Otherwise she's kind of boring pretty for a pretty people network like the CW. 

I think she's gorgeous and has a non-generic type of beauty about her with or without the glasses :) Maybe it's her personality becoming her (I will forever think of Amy Pond and Rory Williams for this line), or maybe she's actually like that, who knows!

She's hot, but I wouldn't go as far as calling her gorgeous. Her face isn't special for your typical cute twenty-something blond (which is why she looks so awkward in glam shots imo). But with the glasses and the pony and she elevates to nerd chic. It doesn't work for everyone, but Emily rocks the heck out of the look. 

I think they cake way too much makeup on her, when they have her dress up for special occasions. She tends to look much prettier in her own twitter pics than she does when the gibbons at CW get their hands on her. So when they have her looking 'dowdy' and dressed down, it's actually when she looks her best, on the show.

So yeah, I like her more when she's got the glasses on and the hair in a ponytail, because she doesn't look overly made up and almost airbrushed, like so many women on TV do. She also has a sexy, vivacious personality, which goes even further than just being pretty. Katie Cassidy is pretty, but her character has the personality of a fencepost, so I do not find her attractive at all.

If it's true that EBR had to fight to keep Felicity's look (even if she lost the clothes from season 1), then it's sadly not that surprising a look at the way network executives think. And also, sadly, yet another indication that even the people making this show don't really understand what it is about Felicity that people like so much.

• Love 1

She's hot, but I wouldn't go as far as calling her gorgeous. Her face isn't special for your typical cute twenty-something blond (which is why she looks so awkward in glam shots imo). But with the glasses and the pony and she elevates to nerd chic. It doesn't work for everyone, but Emily rocks the heck out of the look. 

Different folks different strokes, my friend. I personally thought she looked ridiculously gorgeous in her date scene with Oliver, and gorgeous in just about any other scene when she has on a ponytail. I didn't really like her hairdo or her dress in her date scene with Ray though (objectively speaking, I thought the dress was at an awkward length and her hairdo was strange). Like I said, her beauty isn't generic like I find most other CW peoples beauty (including the men), and maybe her personality has to do with it, maybe not, IDK. 

• Love 2

Fighting for the glasses and the ponytail was very smart, not only giving Felicity an instantly recognizable signature look on a show full of costumed signatured looks, but by having her day to day appearances be slightly made under, the show is then able to really bring the wow factor when they do want her looking her extra vibrant self. 

At least on the CW it's not uncommon for perfect make up and ultimate gorgeous hair to be the just fell out of bed look.  Of course no one accuses the CW of going for realism. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Different folks different strokes, my friend. I personally thought she looked ridiculously gorgeous in her date scene with Oliver, and gorgeous in just about any other scene when she has on a ponytail. I didn't really like her hairdo or her dress in her date scene with Ray though (objectively speaking, I thought the dress was at an awkward length and her hairdo was strange). Like I said, her beauty isn't generic like I find most other CW peoples beauty (including the men), and maybe her personality has to do with it, maybe not, IDK. 

I agree.

Both Grant Gustin and Emiliy Bett Rickards are not CW pretty.

Rick Cosnet, Willa Holland, Katie Cassidy and Stephen Amell are standard CW pretty. EBR and Grant Gustin, on the other hand, are good looking people with a lot of personality which somehow coincides with the characters they are playing which elevates their performances and their public personas which endears them to their fans. CW hit jackpot with both Grant Gustin and EBR. They just make their respective shows ten times more fun to watch.

PS: I too find EBR very good looking most of the time and I do agree with you on the length of that blue dress she wore in 3x07 on her date with Ray. A very tall person can carry a dress that length but a shorter person like EBR looks better in dresses above knee length or full length dresses. That one was somewhere in the middle.

Intentional or not, the show has set up a believable scenario where Felicity changes her wardrobe and appearance based on where she is emotionally in life.

It's easy to believe that Goth Felicity was rebelling against Donna therefore went the complete opposite of her mother. Dark, edgy, anti-social.

After Cooper died, Felicity turned away from hackivism and repressed her emotions. Turning away from who she was in college, going from goth to prep/nerdy. No longer standing out or rebelling from society she's no one of many cogs, hiding in a crowd.

Current Felicity has found inner strength and purpose, her clothing is once again calling attention to herself (similar to the goth look) but in the total opposite way. Instead of hiding in the crowd she chooses bright, sometimes sexy clothes.

I would be impressed if I actually believes it was remotely intentional.

I'm going to be a Felicity-type optimist and think that maybe after EBR fought to keep Felicity's glasses and ponytail in season 2, maybe they thought "hey, we can do something with this".  This season the only time her hair was down was on the date with Oliver, the rest of the time Oliver's Felicity has glasses and a  ponytail.  Barry's Felicity still has the glasses but her hair is often down and flowing.  Ray's Felicity's hair is also often down and her clothes are more muted and more professional than last year's EA clothes.

The shoes still kill me.  EBR too apparently,, as she's said that if you can't see her feet in a scene, she's wearing flip-flops.

No doubt, Felicity Smoak, aka EBR, is very, very beautiful and attractive IMO. - But so are other female characters of the show as well. (To name somebody who hasn't yet been mentioned in this context of the thread: I think Moira Queen, aka Susanna Thompson, looks fantastic, and I'd love to see some photos of the actress when she was in her thirties.) 

Just popping this in here... you can see Susanna Thompson in Once and Again which ran from 1999 - 2002 although she's toned down because Sela Ward was the star of the show. She was in a number of Star Treks, from The Next Generation to Dax's former lover in DS9 (she was beautiful if you don't mind the trill spots) and in full alien make-up as the Borg Queen in Voyager.

Back to Felicity -- I think she was stunning in the red dress for the aborted date in The Calm but it was a Felicity that I almost felt uncomfortable with. She wasn't my Felicity.  I wonder if Oliver felt something of the same and whether it might have played into his shutting down a relationship between himself and this beautiful stranger.

• Love 1

No doubt, Felicity Smoak, aka EBR, is very, very beautiful and attractive IMO. - But so are other female characters of the show as well .

I agree. Though they are no longer on the show I always thought Shado and McKenna (don't know the actresses names) were probably the most gorgeous women to be on the show. KL and CAR are also very beautiful.

So yeah, I like her more when she's got the glasses on and the hair in a ponytail...

I agree. She looks best IMO with the ponytail and glasses - very cute. The exceptions was early S2 when she'd wear her hair down with the glasses on. IMO she's looks really pretty when she does that look. I thought she was especially pretty in City of Heroes and Identity.

However, she's IMHO hit or miss without the glasses. Her look ends up being either pretty or just okay. I think it really depends on how the make up department makes up her face. She looked lovely in the Dodger, The Scientist and The Calm with her hair down and/or glasses off. Not so much so in The Huntress, Russia and date with Ray episodes.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

So yeah, I like her more when she's got the glasses on and the hair in a ponytail, because she doesn't look overly made up and almost airbrushed, like so many women on TV do.

It really depends on the actress I think. Some look good with the big hair and glam make up, some look better with a boho look... Emily has a fresh, real life cuteness to her which doesn't exactly work with beauty queen styling. But put her in a short dress with her nerd chic intact and she's smokin'. 

I agree about the men. There are the exceptions like Daniel Sharman and CMD. But most of the boys are pretty boring looking (the Amell cousins are certainly not much to look at). 

But CW casts unusually gorgeous girls as a rule. Nina Dobrov, Blake Lively, Adelaide Kane, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Leighton Meester, Sofia Bush... are some of the most beautiful women on TV/Hollywood imo.

Katie Cassidy is pretty, but her character has the personality of a fencepost, so I do not find her attractive at all.

I don't want to be mean, but Katie Cassidy's dramatic weight loss has been a big deterrent to her looks. I had a big crush on her when she was a little fuller.

Though they are no longer on the show I always thought Shado and McKenna (don't know the actresses names) were probably the most gorgeous women to be on the show.

Shado rocked the au natural look. I was devastated when she got killed off, even if I knew it was coming. I had to Google McKenna, but I agree, what a stunner. Both will be missed.

Edited by driedfruit

The shoes still kill me.  EBR too apparently,, as she's said that if you can't see her feet in a scene, she's wearing flip-flops.

You can see it right here in one of the promo stills for the "Going Rogue" episode on "The Flash." :)

5WvtEj7.jpg?

As for Felicity looking different during her date with Oliver and whether that might have played a role in Oliver backing away from a "stranger," I really, really doubt it. First, the dialogue emphasized that these two are no strangers to each other. Hence, Oliver's are-we-crazy-for-being-nervous and Felicity's we've-exhausted-date-conversation-topics. Second, his reaction to seeing her for the first time didn't indicate any negative feelings. In fact, it was quite the opposite with the slow breaking smile (poor boy looked positively smitten). Plus, he's seen her glammed up. Although the soft lighting and that red dress really worked for Felicity, I say. So yeah, I think Oliver backing out of the relationship was all about him "losing his focus" and the consequences (people get hurt) and not because he saw someone unrecognizable across the table.

• Love 7

I don't want to be mean, but Katie Cassidy's dramatic weight loss has been a big deterrent to her looks. I had a big crush on her when she was a little fuller.

That's very true. In season 1, she was very attractive, and then something happened in season 2... was it weight loss? Cosmetic surgery? I don't know, but whatever it was, she suddenly became so harsh looking, especially compared to ENR, Caity Lotz and even Katrina Law. Of course, when she looks harsh, and her character is even harsher, there's nothing there to find attractive.

I can't really agree on CW girls being unusually pretty for TV/Hollywood, though. Most of them look like they're cut from the same cloth as the current crop of pop moppets, so it seems like beautiful girls are a dime a dozen in the entertainment industry. I think it's personality that then makes some stand out as being more attractive.

And as for trying to differentiate between Felicity in glasses and a ponytail and glammed up Felicity, I very much doubt the producers, writers or anyone else on the show has ever considered it in anything like that kind of depth. To them, I think they just say, 'social event? Plaster on the makeup and hairspray and lose the glasses, girl!' If there is any psychology behind it, I would lay money on it being in the heads of the actors, and no one else. As far as I've been able to discern, they're the only ones really thinking about consistent and coherent characters, on this show.

IIRC, EBR's fighting for the ponytail/glasses look was because she felt like that was Felicity's "uniform" for Arrow work. It wasn't that she felt that Felicity would always want to rock that look. Felicity continued to wear her hair down for some scenes at QC. And, um, I'll be the naysayer here to say that I found the constant ponytail in the latter half of S2 boring. Shrug. I like it better when they mix it up a little, and I loved her straight hair + glasses look in the first few eps of S2.

• Love 4

It sounds funny now, but I remember when I first watched the Arrow pilot, I had trouble telling Thea (WH) and Laurel (KC) apart because they both looked like typical CW girls to me - long brunette wavy hair and big eyes on a head that seemed a touch too large for their thin bodies.  Now, of course, they're two very different people to me.

Felicity's looks and personality were such a stark contrast, coupled with her refreshing personality and Oliver's reaction, that she stood out immediately when she first appeared.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
I had trouble telling Thea (WH) and Laurel (KC) apart because they both looked like typical CW girls to me - long brunette wavy hair and big eyes on a head that seemed a touch too large for their thin bodies.

CW girls don't really look any typical way other than they're all very pretty, twenty-something and thin. Like Emily--look wise she'd fit into any of their shows.

But I agree that Felicity has managed to set herself apart by being charismatic and adorable. Though I don't think Thea or Laurel were much competition there. I was actually initially bummed to see WH cast in Arrow, since I'm not a fan of the actress, but Thea got a lot better over time. Even now though, out of the main ladies, Felicity is the only one I look forward to seeing regardless of her storyline just for the fact that she's enjoyable to watch. 

Edited by driedfruit

As someone who keeps a pair of flip flops under her desk at work, I love this. I really like most of Felicity's wardrobe and have been stalking wornontv.net because it's the kind of stuff I wear to work (minus her few semi-backless dresses and that one with too much cleavage). Oliver must have been paying her well, though, because she had a lot of expensive outfits in season 2. The shoes, however, tend to be ridiculous, and I find that to be the case on most tv shows. I don't see what's wrong with 3" heels instead of the 4-5" stuff I see everywhere.

Anyway, while I do love her outfits, it's really the personality that drew me in. From her first appearance in season 1 (which was less than a week ago for me--hello, Netflix!), I was hoping she'd be back. She doesn't do as much of the rambling accidental innuendos anymore though, which is too bad, as I found those hysterical. My husband watched  about 75% of the episodes with me, and Felicity is his favorite, too (and while he'd never admit it, he's totally an Olicity shipper). I think it's because she's both funny and techie. While I have no hacking skills (really, I don't--I went to a cyber security event for work once and thought I'd play along with their hacking exercise and only made it through the first level with help), I personally find Felicity to be the most relatable character on the show.

• Love 2

It's funny how Felicity is the most relatable character on the show... I mean, whoever thought that a genius IT girl would be relatable? Some people are baffled by this. Granted, these people are usually the ones who don't like Felicity but still. There's more to Felicity than her skills and her intellect. What makes her relatable to me is:

• She's always says what the audience things (eg. "Why does this always happen to me?")
  • She has crushes that are seemingly unrequited
  • But she also gets jealous when said crush has been with many women
  • She puts her foot in her mouth a lot and babbles (maybe to a fault, but I can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing. Maybe not to the same degree)
  • She gets insecure about her abilities and her place in the world/team
  • She ogles Oliver while he works out (I mean, who wouldn't?) and isn't ashamed of doing so
  • She's just a good friend in general and is nice and giving (eg. Hot cocoa for John when she didn't have to)

I'm sure there's more stuff. But I don't get why people don't think she's relatable. Felicity is more than a techie nerd girl and I guess people have to start understanding that. I mean, if you strip away the extraordinary, what you have left is a very ordinary woman who has ordinary emotions. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Would you mind elaborating why? What is it about Felicity that engages you? I find it fascinating when male fans say they like Felicity because I think there's a misconception that only women like her. Which is totally not true, many of the posts on the Arrow's and Stephen's FB pages about Felicity seem to come from male fans.

Sorry I'm late with a reply.

I just find her intelligence, wit, moral code and loyalty very attractive. Her babbling is endearing as is her oggling of Oliver working out, and I like her style. Which is unusual for me, because I usually go more for the dressed down look, but she makes her look work. She's pretty easy on the eye as well. I don't think she's amazing looking, but her other qualities definitely increase her attractiveness. 

Laurel/KC I have never found that attractive, I've always thought she looked a bit bland to be honest, even back when she was in SPN. But the world would be a dull place if we all like the same things!

• Love 7
olicityplease asked:

Hey Marc! Question: Some people believe Felicity has been out of character in both her reactions to Oliver's declarations of his feelings for her and her moving on with Barry/Ray. What do you say to these people? Thanks!

Obviously, WE don’t think she’s acting out of character or we wouldn’t write the moments you refer to, but the audience is always entitled to their own opinion.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

(There's a conversation in th spoilers thread about whether or not Felicity is a leader)

That happened the moment Oliver came to Starling...Felicity just convinced Oliver to continue...and allowed Barry to be shot.

She takes initiative but that just seems like a good team player to me. Not a leader.

In 1x07 of The Flash she was the one who convinced Oliver to stay to help Barry. She also convinced Oliver in 2x08 that they needed Barry's help. And speaking of that episode, she took the risk to tell Barry the secret, and then when Barry was saving Oliver's life with the rat poison, Diggle looked to here to make the decision. I would link to gifs and scenes but I'm on mobile.

She's a leader to me, but we might have to agree to disagree.

• Love 5

So your argument is that Felicity isn't a leader for the reasons pointed out, and because she's never lead or made decisions but lets others make decisions... but Diggle is a leader because he defers to her to make decisions??

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 13

So your argument is that Felicity isn't a leader for the reasons pointed out, and because she's never lead or made decisions but let's others make decisions... but Diggle is a leader because he defers to her to make decisions??

Baffling isn't it?

So your argument is that Felicity isn't a leader for the reasons pointed out, and because she's never lead or made decisions but let's others make decisions... but Diggle is a leader because he defers to her to make decisions??

hahaha, I am as astounded as you are HighHopes.

This is a typical case of how people view management styles between men and women - with the lense of misogyny.

If a man is tough, he is a tough guy. If a woman is tough, she is a bitch. If a man defers, he is a good leaders who is listening to others and if a woman defers, she is not  leader material and at best, an average team player. Wow.

• Love 21

hahaha, I am as astounded as you are HighHopes.

This is a typical case of how people view management styles between men and women - with the lense of misogyny.

If a man is tough, he is a tough guy. If a woman is tough, she is a bitch. If a man defers, he is a good leaders who is listening to others and if a woman defers, she is not  leader material and at best, an average team player. Wow.

Thank you, you said it better than I could. It's also why I have an issue with the term "Isabitch" to describe Isabel Rochev. Don't get be wrong she was evil. But so is Malcolm Merlyn and no one is calling him some portmanteau of Malcolm/Merlyn/Bastard/Whatever the male term for "bitch" is. 

Felicity leads, Oliver knows it, Diggle knows it, hell most of everyone over on The Flash know it too. 

• Love 4

TanyaKay, I think I love you for that post.  It's been true forever, and is still true in business.  The latest research says that a committee has to be composed of 60% women and 40% men before the men will start listening to what a woman is actually saying.

Moving the "is Felicity a leader" comments from the spoiler thread:

• When she took the lead bringing Team Arrow and Team Flash together
  • When she created the plan to blow up the QC applied science division
  • Episode 3x05

To name a few... 

She rebuilt the lair between season one and two, and along with Diggle tracked Oliver down to bring him back to Starling City. Oliver said it himself "like a good friend told me I had to find another way". She went to Diggle in season one when Oliver wasn't talking to him, she has helped Team Flash and has lead them. She may not lead with physical strength and a demanding tone, but she leads the team (Oliver has called her his partner).

She told Oliver to "go get Thea, do whatever it takes" and she is the one who convinced him to continue fighting Slade ("you are not done fighting"). There's a quiet way she leads that leaves the team helpless without her.

I guess to me, she shows leadership every time she tells Oliver/Diggle/Roy what to do on a mission, where to go, whom to seek out... They listen to her when they're on missions. She takes control because without Felicity, Oliver/Diggle/Roy go in to the whole thing blind. 

Also, you can see her leadership in episode 9 when she yells "Stop it, both of you" to Diggle and Oliver. She stops them from squabbling, she comes up with a plan, Oliver listens. 

Curiously, my Linked In network sent me a couple of articles on what makes a successful manager type today. , Perfect timing to see if Felicity can be a leader:

1. High  EQ  (much higher than Oliver's, possibly higher than Diggle's)

2. Communication skills (for all that she babbles when she's nervous, she's the one most able to understand and be understood)

3. Decision making  (as mentioned above, she rebuilt the lair between s1 and s2, she decided that Barry could save Oliver so they had to tell him, she told Roy had to disarm the bomb in 301, she moved out of the lair when Oliver was stuck in it in 302, she told Caitlin and Cisco they had to help Barry in the field, she told Lance he should be helping the Arrow not hunting him

4 Integrity  (incredibly so)

5. Drive   (she pushes Oliver when he needs to be pushed, she can't stand mysteries, she built her life outside the lair)

6. Focus  (you don't get an MSc from MIT without focus)

7. Balance  (not so good on this one but better than Oliver or Roy; Diggle has the best balance)

9. Conflict Resolution  (she tried to get Diggle and Oliver to stop fighting in s1, she's the one who manages conflicts when Oliver goes off)

We tend to think of leadership skills as the sergeant yelling orders at the troop but often that's just bullying, not leadership.  Felicity hasn't had much chance to show leadership in the obvious ways because she's not a team leader or administrator at work, she's an IT specialist and often they work alone, and in the Arrow cave, Oliver and Diggle make the field decisions because they have the experience.  But when things fall apart, Felicity puts them back together and that's leadership.

• Love 13

Though it happened on The Flash, during Felicity's first visit, she almost ran their entire crew. I think Team Flash is a much better unit now because of Felicity's example during her first visit and during the crossover. Team Flash certainly wasn't looking to Oliver or Diggle. Barry maybe, but even he pointed out Oliver's alpha male, my way or the highway bullshit. 

• Love 8

One of the things I like about Felicity is how she sticks to her guns once she's made a decision (unless there's a very good reason for changing, of course, which is also a leadership quality).

In Sara, when she found out Ray had bought Tech Village so that she was working for him, she quit on the spot.  In the Climb, she went into Ray's office (now her boss) and told him that if he didn't tell her the real story behind why he bought QC, she was walking out.  He said "I can't tell you", and she turned around a started to walk out unlike he said "i have to show you"., 

• Love 3

" ... She's certainly thrown herself into danger at times, and they couldn't do what they do without her leading the team from her computer console." A quote from Andrew Kreisberg about Felicity Smoak. Just leaving this here ;)

Great.

Kriesberg has mentioned it a few times that just because Diggle & Felicity do not wear masks does not make them any less heroes than Arrow or Arsenal.

The debate should end about their hero or leader status after such definitive statements from the people who have created these characters.

• Love 1

From the Variety interview.  Not spoilery for actual events, just directions:

Felicity will have her own journey in the latter half of this season, especially after Oliver’s disappearance, Guggenheim promised: “Felicity is a hero in her own right. There’s different forms of heroism on both shows. The beauty of Felicity is that she’s the moral center of ‘Arrow’

and that’s actually the role that she starts to ascend to post-episode 309 where she’s the conscience. In many ways, she starts off trying to be Oliver’s voice in his absence and then starts to develop her own way of thinking about things. She’s always been very confident but she really comes into her own after Oliver’s apparent death.”

After the interview discussed in the Media Thread, and KC's talk about lip and nail color and what is feminine, I can't help but notice Felicity's short, dark (blue?) fingernails in Left Behind. 

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make except to say that Felicity's nail color has no impact on my perception of her femininity - or intelligence or loyalty or strength or heroic character.

• Love 4

I was just thinking about all the crap that Felicity has had to deal with in less than three months.

1)  The man she loves takes her on a date that blows up.

For normal human beings the trauma of being caught in an explosion would be all they need to start rocking in the corner of the room with the lights off but that's just something we expect her to roll with. 

2)  The man she loves says he loves her but can't be with her now and maybe not ever.

The same night she finds out that:

3) The guy she was interested in, but got struck by lightning and fell into a coma, was now awake and had super speed but didn't call to tell her anything.  The next morning she goes into the foundry and

4) Sara is dead and it's left to Felicity to comb over Sara's body for evidence and preform a virtual (thank goodness) autopsy on her friend.

5) Oliver announces he expects to die just like Sara.

6) New job!

7) The guy she liked who was so normal is now also a crime fighter putting his life at risk.

8) Mother comes for a visit just as something she created is used to hold the city hostage right before she and her mother are kidnapped by the boyfriend she loved who she thought had killed himself while taking the fall for something she had done but only faked his death so he could pass her genius off as his and when he "came back to life" was set on killing her.

9)  More maybe's dangled but Oliver reaffirms he can't and won't.

10) Her boss kisses her, rejects her, then confesses he wants to also risk his life fighting crime. 

11) Oliver tell her he loves her, goes to fight Ra's, they find out he's dead. 

This all is happening between Oct 8th and lets be generous and say Dec 30 (It's the 25th when Oliver leaves plus 5 days later).  That's not even a full 90 days. 

How is this woman even sane?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12

I was just thinking about all the crap that Felicity has had to deal with in less than three months.

For normal human beings the trauma of being caught in an explosion would be all they need to start rocking in the corner of the room with the lights off but that's just something we expect her to roll with. 

2)  The man she loves says he loves her but can't be with her now and maybe not ever.

3) The guy she was interested in, but got struck by lightning and fell into a coma, was now awake and had super speed but didn't call to tell her anything.  The next morning she goes into the foundry and

4) Sara is dead and it's left to Felicity to comb over Sara's body for evidence and preform a virtual (thank goodness) autopsy on her friend.

6) New job!

7) The guy she liked who was so normal is now also a crime fighter putting his life at risk.

8) Mother comes for a visit just as something she created is used to hold the city hostage right before she and her mother are kidnapped by the boyfriend she loved who she thought had killed himself while taking the fall for something she had done but only faked his death so he could pass her genius off as his and when he "came back to life" was set on killing her.

10) Her boss kisses her, rejects her, then confesses he wants to also risk his life fighting crime. 

This all is happening between Oct 8th and lets be generous and say Dec 30 (It's the 25th when Oliver leaves plus 5 days later).  That's not even a full 90 days. 

Yet there are "fans" of the character who are turning on her. Smdh I love Felicity and it ain't changing anytime soon. You would think if she rejects Oliver for the time being she wouldn't want Ray either

• Love 1

Seriously, she kept it so tightly bottled up. I loved it when she went all crazy wife on Malcolm. What else I liked was that both Diggle and Roy took a step back and let her deal with Malcolm because according to them, it was her place.

I loved all that.

• Love 8

6) New job!

And yet her biggest crime to date might be flippling a light switch! :) Personally, I think it might have gone over better with certain members of the audience had D&R not still have been in the room. It was a little rude, but I think appropriate & honestly could see myself doing something similar under similar circumstances.

Listen Felicity is a strong person, Im not surprised she is still standing, although I think it will all come to a head at some point. She desperately needs a break that somehow doesn't involve going to visit another superhero. Somebody needs to help her process the last 3 months.

It does hurt a little that she is getting backlash for wanting to be done with crime fighting for a little bit. When Oliver attempted to deal with Tommy's death he ran off to an island and then with his mother he hid out in a super secret lair. Somehow Felicity declaring to be done just doesn't seem as far fetched. My thought is that because she is a female, it becomes easy to describe her response as emotional and therefore weak... but truly it is not. Plus who knows what next week will bring, I think she just needs some time to process. The fans gave that to Oliver, I hope they can give that to Felicity. Brick getting away wasn't anymore her fault than it was the cops or just that Brick had the luck with him that night.

Felicity seemed to be going through pretty healthy grieving this episode, all things considered.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 6

I don't have a problem with Felicity's emotional response to Oliver's 'death', but I still feel like I can't fully enjoy the character when she's spending what feels like half of her screen time with Ray. My eyes just glaze over every time he is on screen, even though I like Brandon Routh.

Also...did the show have Felicity apologise to Ray for crossing a line when talking about his dead fiancé? Because apologising to your stalker about boundaries is a little weird. Maybe I misheard, though, because paying attention to those scenes isn't easy for me.

• Love 3

Felicity "is getting backlash for wanting to be done with crime fighting for a little bit" because some people will use any excuse to push down Felicity.

It's odd because every character so far has quit or decided to quit Team Arrow.  

Diggle quit in S1 after Oliver picked Laurel over stopping Deadshot.

Oliver thought about quitting and going back to his normal life after he figured out what the Undertaking was and thought he could stop it.

Oliver actually quit after 123 and spent 5 months hiding on an Island

Roy quit in S2 after Thea got kidnapped, he ran off and got captured by Slade

Diggle quit again when Sara was born and only came back because Canary was killed.

Not sure why Felicity quitting now is getting backlash.  It's obviously a standard trope that this show likes to use for character beats/development.

• Love 3