Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

I liked this episode quite a bit. I do want to know more about CEO guy. Once again, he's one of two people to actually see Mariana's potential and probably the only one that will stand up for her at some point. I could see him not being pleased if Mariana tells him about the way she's been treated, as he does seem like a genuinely good guy. His biggest obstacle is clearly not being social and having some sort of mental illness; possibly low functioning autism? Either way, I like how he treats Mariana.

I kind of feel bad for Raj but also get Mariana's hesitation. I think Raj is a good guy, but he's just a coward. That's not a bad thing, as it can be corrected, but it does make Mariana justified in keeping her distance.

I'm kind of more on the Callie/Jamie ship than the Callie/Gael ship, though I do actually like Gael. I think Gael's story with his sister is compelling and I like how he learned about some of what his sister has to go through. 

I like the Davia/Dennis subplot a lot. I also hope Dennis works it out with his wife, even though that would mean he would move out. I think Dennis was truthful in him confessing an affair, but it's clear his issues stem from losing his son. I think, once he works through his grief, that will help him become a better man. 

• Love 2

I LOVE ALICE! So happy she called in to the radio show and got her second date! She was so happy (I feel like it’s the first time we’ve seen her smile!) and having everyone in the kitchen cheering was so fun! The date night hijinks were fun! I like the very organic friendship growing between all of them. 

Callie might as well be on another show though, she’s so disconnected from most of the loft. So is Gael, really. It seems like you only see one or the other in passing when there’s a group gathered. I’m not digging Callie/Gael - just put them together or don’t, but this drawn out “I mus stay away! But I must have you” Drama is not interesting to watch. If they were together they could have had fun anti-date night hijinks trying to stay away from each other but then cutely having them both working on their jobs together. But right now they’re just off on the rooftop without much of a connection to anyone else. 

Im excited for next week to see the brother with Rebecca. I really hope they don’t put Rebecca and Callie against each other personally too, the show is doing really well with female friendships and I’d like to see that extend to Callie too. I didn’t miss the judge at all, though I do like Callie pursuing law and hope we see her really evaluate if it’s the life she wants. 

• Love 3

A+ for the Love and Basketball reference. That is absolutely great as Malika's favorite film.

I love Alice. I want to wrap her in a blanket and feed her cookies. I loved how excited everyone was for her at the end. 

• Love 7

Awesome Love and Basketball references! I can totally see that being Malika's favorite movie. I hope we see her bar pick up again, he was super cute and they had nice chemistry. 

I hope that Callie can get more involved with the rest of the people at the apartment soon, as of now, she seems to be kind of in her own world with law stuff and Gael, sometimes with Malika tying into the courtroom antics. 

I thought Davia was being kind of mean to her dorky date, but I liked how things ended with them, even if it was a revenge hook up. I hope the button up guy didnt think it was a bigger deal than that! Glad she is seemingly moving past the married guy, but theres a chance that might not last. 

Alice is so sweet, so happy she is getting a second date! Her ex/best friend really is rather selfish, and is either totally clueless in how she doesn't notice that Alice is still in love with her, and her heart is breaking whenever she talks about her new fiance, or she knows and just doesent care to deal with it. Or maybe she just likes the attention? I hope Alice makes a go of it with podcast girl, she deserves some lovin! 

• Love 3

In a way, I thought Davia's date did have confidence, in that he was willing to stick with liking the music he likes, even after Davia insulted it. But also, I thought he was making an effort to connect and get to know her, which is good first date behavior, and she was being sullen and rude. So I kind of liked him.

Alice lacks confidence, and I'm glad her date was friendlier and more into Alice than Davia was into her dude.

I never would have imagined Mariana being into a 3some, but I like how matter of fact the show is being about various relationship and sex permutations.

I have to disagree with that nonsense about how Gael is dark and Callie is light. Callie is anything but "light"!

I genuinely don't know what Gael would have done about choosing between Callie and Gael, and I kind of like that. You can have a genuine connection with more than one person. It's complicated, but it's not always false.

I like Malika. I hope she finds someone else, though. Dude tried to redeem himself, but I want her to have someone who's more aware and less of a project for her.

If the Bar is anything like the Boards (for doctors), it takes more than a weekend to study for it. I am iffy on whether I think Callie is making an all or nothing choice because it's really what's best for her, or if she's just running scared again.

In a lot of ways, this show actually comes off more authentically culturally LGBTQ than The Fosters did. Though, in its early days The Fosters also had a more lesbian cultural sensibility than it did as time went on. So I don't know if this show will maintain that, or not, I guess. I suppose it depends on how much pushback they get from the network.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

If the Bar is anything like the Boards (for doctors), it takes more than a weekend to study for it. I am iffy on whether I think Callie is making an all or nothing choice because it's really what's best for her, or if she's just running scared again.

The bar is our licensure exam. You cannot practice law without passing. (Where as many doctors practice without being board certified although now it’s prefered for the best jobs, but you have to be licensed before you can take your boards)  

I am so aggravated because Callie would’ve taken (and passed) the bar exam BEFORE she started her clerkship!(I’m a lawyer can you tell?) Studying for the bar is a full time job. I was celibate during studying for the bar, but I’m sure those that were in serious relationships were not. They took their classes (you spend a bit of money on bar prep classes), hid in the office, came out for food, showering, sex and went back inside. 

10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Alice is so sweet, so happy she is getting a second date! Her ex/best friend really is rather selfish, and is either totally clueless in how she doesn't notice that Alice is still in love with her, and her heart is breaking whenever she talks about her new fiance, or she knows and just doesent care to deal with it. Or maybe she just likes the attention? I hope Alice makes a go of it with podcast girl, she deserves some lovin! 

Meena knows how Alice feels about her, she just doesn't care It's what gives her power over her.. She loves that Alice is willing-make that EAGER- to be her lapdog and drop everything to do her bidding. Because she's just that selfish. It's painful to watch. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

I like Malika. I hope she finds someone else, though. Dude tried to redeem himself, but I want her to have someone who's more aware and less of a project for her.

I liked his friend a lot better, even with only having one or two lines total. Honestly, I didn't really care for Malika's plot because it was so cliche. I know it was going with the theme of romantic comedies, as they were discussing, but the whole basketball bet plot is just annoying to watch, at this point.

I thought this was a decently fun episode. I actually was entertained by Mariana's threesome stuff. I guess having a break from her shitty job was nice, and the couple seemed pretty cool (hi Steven Krueger!). 

Alice is definitely a pushover. Her ex is such a narcissistic asshole who has to know what she's doing. I'm gonna need Alice to stand up to her at some point, because it's no fun watching her get used and abused like this. Alice's date seemed pretty cool, though.

So, Callie/Gael apparently can't get through a night of work without hooking up. Seriously, if Callie can't bunker down for a weekend to study....I mean, seriously, if she keeps getting distracted, maybe she should be finding another place to study where she won't get distracted. I know watching her study for an episode isn't entertaining to watch, but I can't take her seriously when she's partying every other episode.

I liked Davia and her date, although revenge sex on her married bf/ex bf is not really fair to the guy she just slept with.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, possibilities said:

In a way, I thought Davia's date did have confidence, in that he was willing to stick with liking the music he likes, even after Davia insulted it. But also, I thought he was making an effort to connect and get to know her, which is good first date behavior, and she was being sullen and rude. So I kind of liked him.

I liked Davia's date too.

I have to say, I'm finding it a little hard to see Callie and Mariana as so active sexually when it is so different than what we saw with them on The Fosters. Obviously, it makes sense when you have a time jump between 17/18 and 22/23, but I'm not used to it yet.

I agree it would be nice if Callie was more integrated with the other people at the apartment. I really like the other characters and think it is nice that they are setting up some non-stereotypical young adults.

I am really curious about the Jesus/Rebecca pairing we see next week. It will be interesting if they explore how people have different personas at work and in their social life, since Rebecca doesn't seem like anyone who would be into Jesus at all.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I liked Davia's date too.

I have to say, I'm finding it a little hard to see Callie and Mariana as so active sexually when it is so different than what we saw with them on The Fosters. Obviously, it makes sense when you have a time jump between 17/18 and 22/23, but I'm not used to it yet.

Actually, I'm having less trouble with it with Callie, probably because we saw her being sexually active as a teen with every boyfriend she had on The Fosters (though not depicted as racy as her scenes with Gael). Its funny you bring this up, because when Mariana had her threesome, it occurred to me that, "Holy Cow, she's come a long way", as I recalled the scene where she lost her virginity back on The Fosters, and now she's having sexxxytimes with a good looking couple. It is as adjustment.

20 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Actually, I'm having less trouble with it with Callie, probably because we saw her being sexually active as a teen with every boyfriend she had on The Fosters (though not depicted as racy as her scenes with Gael). Its funny you bring this up, because when Mariana had her threesome, it occurred to me that, "Holy Cow, she's come a long way", as I recalled the scene where she lost her virginity back on The Fosters, and now she's having sexxxytimes with a good looking couple. It is as adjustment.

What I remember about Callie is that she slept with AJ, but then never actual had sex with Aaron. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering. But I just thought she seemed tentative after the AJ break up. Then in the episodes for Brandon's wedding they said she hadn't dated anyone during law school, so it seemed really surprising when she just jumped into bed with Gael so easily the night she met him.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:00 AM, possibilities said:

Davia is always pretty rude.  She's a judgey dick.

• Love 4
On 2/20/2019 at 10:11 PM, KaveDweller said:

What I remember about Callie is that she slept with AJ, but then never actual had sex with Aaron. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering. But I just thought she seemed tentative after the AJ break up. Then in the episodes for Brandon's wedding they said she hadn't dated anyone during law school, so it seemed really surprising when she just jumped into bed with Gael so easily the night she met him.

Callie and Aaron had sex. 

I can believe she hopped in bed with Gael so quickly- after a dry spell when a hot guy winks at you sometimes you just fall on the penis.

Cough(speaks from experience).

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

So...I liked the ensemble cast for this episode a lot. I didn't miss Alice, Malika, or Gael at all, which is somewhat surprising. 

Jesus! He was my favourite character on The Fosters so I'm gllad to see him appear here. And yes, I'll admit I totally enjoyed the Jesus/Rebecca flirtmance. I liked Jesus' presence in the episode. Can Jesus become a recurring character? Pretty please? Can his tiny house project come over to LA instead? Jesus fits very well on this show. I'd totally be down for a Jesus/Rebecca relationship and him hanging with Dennis. 

As for the Rebecca stuff, I do feel bad for her and it's good to get a little more about her and what she's gone through. I can't blame her for being afraid to speak up. As for Callie/Judge Wilson's conversation at the end, it was very well done.

I feel really bad for Dennis. He's such a great guy and now his soon-to-be-ex wife is dating his friend. That has to suck. It's cliche, but I'm also pretty sure it won't last...but still, poor Dennis. 

Good for Raj for finally stepping up. Someone still needs to take Alex down, because he seems like the type to completely retaliate against not just Mariana, but now Raj. I don't see myself feeling sorry for him, even when they inevitably give him some sob backstory.

Overall, I really liked this episode. 

• Love 6

I wish we had more roommates this episode but I liked it. I feel like a cradle robber but Noah Ceminto is too dang adorable. 

I had guessed that Rebecca was being sexually harassed when she was transferred. I also understand why she is hesitant to speak up although she was proud of Callie for doing so- that felt very realistic. What’s going on with Mariana’s coworker??? (I cannot remember his name) I do hope he doesn’t make things up with HR to cover his ass, 1. He’s the one that did try to kiss Mariana, 2. She didn’t mention it to anyone. I don’t think he had nefarious intentions towards Mariana but he did try to kiss a co-worker, you have to be very very careful with situations like that because it can go very badly. 

There are many cute men on this show, Ben is NOT one of them. 

@Lady Calypso thank you his name is Raj. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had guessed that Rebecca was being sexually harassed when she was transferred. I also understand why she is hesitant to speak up although she was proud of Callie for doing so- that felt very realistic. What’s going on with Mariana’s coworker??? (I cannot remember his name) I do hope he doesn’t make things up with HR to cover his ass, 1. He’s the one that did try to kiss Mariana, 2. She didn’t mention it to anyone. I don’t think he had nefarious intentions towards Mariana but he did try to kiss a co-worker, you have to be very very careful with situations like that because it can go very badly. 

I guessed Rebecca was being harassed too. I thought the way it was portrayed was realistic, but I hope at the end Callie wasn't telling the judge about it. Rebecca

Mariana's coworker went to HR to help her get on the project. I thought that was a bit odd, because how often does HR decide who gets assigned which project? At my company, managers decide who works on what, and if things aren't going well, the managers manager steps in. HR is a separate group that determines corporate policies and all that, but has no say over day to day workload. But that was the same woman who yelled at Mariana for pitching her idea to Evan, right?

I have to say, I laughed when Mariana complained how she had been at her company 4 months and hadn't gotten anywhere. 4 months is not a long time in the professional world. Her boss is an asshole, but she still has to work her way up like everyone else.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I guessed Rebecca was being harassed too. I thought the way it was portrayed was realistic, but I hope at the end Callie wasn't telling the judge about it. Rebecca

As pushy as Callie can be, I can't imagine her breaking a promise to Rebecca. She knows, as well as anyone, that the power needs to be in Rebecca's hands, not hers. I just have no idea what Callie's angle is at the end.

3 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Mariana's coworker went to HR to help her get on the project. I thought that was a bit odd, because how often does HR decide who gets assigned which project? At my company, managers decide who works on what, and if things aren't going well, the managers manager steps in. HR is a separate group that determines corporate policies and all that, but has no say over day to day workload. But that was the same woman who yelled at Mariana for pitching her idea to Evan, right?

Definitely odd, but I think Raj's angle was to tell HR about how Alex was discriminating against Mariana because of her gender, which CAN be an HR issue. So I saw it as more of a warning, rather than a formality on HR's end. 

I am glad to see Jesus pushing back on Mariana's snip about Jesus having it easy with his retort that he has a TBI. Mariana has a right to be pissed about gender disparity at work, but it doesn't mean that her brother had it easy. I'm also am glad with how they interjected that piece of information for the portion of the viewers who didn't watch The Fosters. 

• Love 4

Yeah, as soon as Mariana was saying how easy Jesus has it because he happens to be a guy, I was like "Ummm, did you forget when he had such serious brain damage they were worried he wouldn't be able to speak anymore?" so I was glad he called her out on that. I mean, yeah Mariana has every right to be pissed about work, but its not Jesus's fault. But thats pretty in character for Mariana, who really can be pretty self centered and have a massive ego. I love her, but its true. She expected to become queen of that place after week one, and even if it wasnt for the obvious racism and sexism, she would be pissed if she wasnt. It did lead to a nice scene between them, and I loved when he pulled Callie into their hug. I love seeing Jesus, can he be a reoccurring character please?!

Less roommates this week, but it was a nice beat to have Dennis use his own corporate connections to help Jesus. Poor Dennis though, now his soon to be ex wife is dating his old friend. Ouch. 

I figured as soon as we heard about the sexual arrangement case, that it was something with Rebecca and her backstory. I can get why she doesent want to come forward, even if she might want to. Its just a sucky situation for her. Interested to see what happened with her and Jesus. They were cute when they were flirting in the bar, but I wonder if Callie might not be cool with it. I mean, its not like she can enforce a "no dating my brothers" policy, but it could make things pretty awkward.

Really liked the last scene with Callie and the judge. He is an interesting, nuanced character, and I like getting glimpses into his life.

Good on Raj for stepping up!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6

Wilson's administrative assistant knows the other judge is "handsy" so Becca's secret can't be as secret as she thinks it is. It sounds like it's a well-known problem. Maybe Callie can work from that angle, and leave Becca out of it. Ask the admin (do we know her name?) how she knows, and whether there are other women who might want to file complaints. It sort of parallels what Mariana is experiencing, in that they can't fight it alone. They need allies.

Also, a judge will not want multiple reports of harassment in the media, or something like a class action suit.

I realize this is a longshot. But it's TV. And Callie is not the sort to drop things like this.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2019 at 9:39 PM, tennisgurl said:

I figured as soon as we heard about the sexual arrangement case, that it was something with Rebecca and her backstory. I can get why she doesent want to come forward, even if she might want to. Its just a sucky situation for her. Interested to see what happened with her and Jesus. They were cute when they were flirting in the bar, but I wonder if Callie might not be cool with it. I mean, its not like she can enforce a "no dating my brothers" policy, but it could make things pretty awkward.

Callie can't enforce that because she dated her own brother😊

Edited to add: I loved Brallie together. 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • LOL 6

I decided to watch the episode and something occurred to me, out of the blue: the decision to hire Noah Centineo as Jesus once the whole hoopla happened with the other one, was the best decision the creators and producers of The Fosters did. I don't even remember the name of the other actor, much less how Jesus was portrayed.

Back to this show: I watched a little bit of the episode before this latest one. It is interesting how the other residents have stories that can be relatable, or that can cause viewers to be curious about them. And the acting is not bad either. Mariana seems to have fit in perfectly. Not the same for Callie. I actually think that Callie is the weakest link in the show. She has no chemistry with the other residents - and I include Gael because slow motion, whispers and sex music don't translate into chemistry to me. The judge and her colleagues could turn into something interesting but I it looks like the writers are having trouble being original and doing something good with it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, alexvillage said:

I decided to watch the episode and something occurred to me, out of the blue: the decision to hire Noah Centineo as Jesus once the whole hoopla happened with the other one, was the best decision the creators and producers of The Fosters did. I don't even remember the name of the other actor, much less how Jesus was portrayed.

I agree. Jake T. Austin was an experienced child actor (and now adult actor) but he had none of Noah’s charm, or approachable yet sexy swagger. Noah is Jesus for me. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Back to this show: I watched a little bit of the episode before this latest one. It is interesting how the other residents have stories that can be relatable, or that can cause viewers to be curious about them. And the acting is not bad either. Mariana seems to have fit in perfectly. Not the same for Callie. I actually think that Callie is the weakest link in the show. She has no chemistry with the other residents - and I include Gael because slow motion, whispers and sex music don't translate into chemistry to me. The judge and her colleagues could turn into something interesting but I it looks like the writers are having trouble being original and doing something good with it.

Agreed about the ensemble cast. I’ve actually said before, the tie-in of The Fosters’ audience getting to see the next phase of Mariana and Callie’s (now adult) lives is nice, but this show would also have been just as interesting for me without them. I like the concept and I like the cast.

• Love 4
(edited)

Strange, I haven't been able to find the topic for this show until now. I watched the Fosters for several seasons, but the storylines started to get too ridiculous and annoying for me. I am loving Good Trouble, though; Especially all of Mariana's storylines. 

I can't remember the lawyer guy's name right now, but I like him better than Gael 😛 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 3
On 2/26/2019 at 6:15 PM, Scarlett45 said:

roommates this episode but I liked it. I feel like a cradle robber but Noah Ceminto is too dang adorable. 

If it bothers you follow him on twitter or IG and that feeling will fast. Or just watch the video where he names his favorite books, I think my eyes are still rolling and I watched it when TATBILB came out.

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

If it bothers you follow him on twitter or IG and that feeling will fast. Or just watch the video where he names his favorite books, I think my eyes are still rolling and I watched it when TATBILB came out.

Ha! I will do that. I follow him on Instagram but I haven’t seen anything weird yet. 

I have to say I am loving this show. With my job, school and taking care of my horse I really only have time to watch 3 shows regularly and this one is now got to be on my list. I the all the character interactions and especially the guest appearances from The Fosters. 

In this last episode I really loved what Raj did speaking up finally for Mariana. It was about time he did so. Seeing Noah C. was wonderful as well. 

• Love 3

I love the group that Mariana started with all of the other women in tech. I need to rewatch the scene where they're going over ways to deal with the behavior of men in their office, because I feel like those tips would be super useful in the real world too. I want to take notes, and put them to use in my everyday life!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Zima said:

I love the group that Mariana started with all of the other women in tech. I need to rewatch the scene where they're going over ways to deal with the behavior of men in their office, because I feel like those tips would be super useful in the real world too. I want to take notes, and put them to use in my everyday life!

I agree, even though the field I am working towards going into has ample females in Veterinary Medicine, I feel those ideas they came up and used in that meeting worked really well. 

As for Callie, she is getting into a little love triangle with Gael and the possibility of Jamie. That could make from some fun episodes. 

• Love 1

So is Becca gone? Thats disappointing, I really liked her! I like the way her story with her family and the first judge went (especially when she acknowledged that nothing would probably come of it, but it was important to her) but it seems like she went really quickly. And there was no real fall out to her dating Jesus, and yeah they cant have him around all of the time (sadly) so that was a bit disappointing. 

Maybe this will give Callie some more time with the roommates, because she seems so disconnected with everyone other than Gael and Malika, it almost feels like she doesent really live there the way Mariana does. 

Speaking of, its understandable that Malika made nice with her mom and brother, but even without taking the addiction into play, she seems very self centered in general, not taking real accountability for what happened when she was with her kids, and is still all about her. And while its great that Malika found a new mother figure, this is all going to go badly when she gets more involved with the case. 

Gael isnt exactly wrong about how Callie sees the world according to Callie. I mean, Callie has grown a lot since her teen years in the Fosters, but that is a pretty Callie thing. More drama!

I hope that Alice can finally get over her ex and move on. Her airing dirty laundry on the podcast might be in bad taste, but she really is super self centered. Being friends with an ex can be fine if your both over each other, but if your not, its an awful idea. 

• Love 5

I’m really going to miss Rebecca. I liked her character and the interactions with Callie, and it made the clerk job stuff more interesting. Even though the judge has gotten better and more nuanced, Ben still grates and the whole “clerk living with the pseudo daughter of the mother bringing a case to court under that clerk’s judge” situation just stresses me out. 

I didn’t miss Speckulate and the dudebro stuff. I did really like Davis and Mariana and Gael interacting. They do well with the social interactions between a lot of the residents. 

I did like the judge’s secretary (?) and her humor/heart. Hope we see more of her. (But I will still miss Rebecca)

• Love 5

Not enough Mariana tonight! It was interesting to get to know the other flatmates a bit more, though. 

I really wish that Alice would stand up for herself, but I know that it's difficult. Her family dinner reminded me of some conversations I've had with my mother, where she sings the praises of others while putting me down. 

I truly felt for Malika, but it was foolish of her to go against Callie's suggestion.

Callie and Gael are hot together, but they are not good for each other.

Bye, Rebecca! I was starting to like her, but I guess she's outtie.  I wonder who the new character that replaces her will be. I'm sure some new drama will ensue. 

• Love 3

One thing about the judges' son and the case - am I an idiot because I don't see any conflict and they setting it up as some big ethical issue. The new chief of police had nothing to do with the case Wilson is overseeing. 

1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

One thing about the judges' son and the case - am I an idiot because I don't see any conflict and they setting it up as some big ethical issue. The new chief of police had nothing to do with the case Wilson is overseeing. 

But new chief might still have influence the judges son’s case 

• Love 2

I had a busy week and just watched the episode. 

So to expand on things we already knew, Gael is way more into Callie than he wants to let on, but he knows that the other guy (I cannot remember his name) is very much into Gael. Not that Gael doesn’t like him of course, but he’s not as infatuated. It’s a tough pickle, everyone wants to be wanted, so may be with someone who likes you more than you like them, and no one wants to be rejected or the one that’s “more in love”. (I’m using love loosely here)

Malika Mom is a piece of shit. End of story. Yes she is sick, but any mother, a REAL mother, once she was clean and sober would’ve apologized to their babies for how she let them down. Being an addict doesn’t mean you stop loving your kids, you just love the drugs more. Once you are free from influence of the drugs any parent who was actually a decent person would be begging their child’s forgiveness for not being the parent they deserved. I do want Malika to make amends with her brother, but her mom is nothing but toxic to her. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Malika Mom is a piece of shit. End of story. Yes she is sick, but any mother, a REAL mother, once she was clean and sober would’ve apologized to their babies for how she let them down. Being an addict doesn’t mean you stop loving your kids, you just love the drugs more. Once you are free from influence of the drugs any parent who was actually a decent person would be begging their child’s forgiveness for not being the parent they deserved. I do want Malika to make amends with her brother, but her mom is nothing but toxic to her. 

Not following the show, following this thread to decide if I want to watch an episode (if the moms or other Fosters characters appear) so i cannot say if the mom is a piece of shit or not. I agree with your post, in part. I disagree that addicts don't "love" the drugs more. They NEED the drugs and if they don't have supports to realize how their lives is being controlled by drugs(for example), they will just be going back to them, for whatever reason - and the reasons are many, if they are an explanation for the addiction is debatable and it doesn't really matter once things are out of control. That's literally what happens, things get out of control.

Just in general, not about the character. Since addiction was already done in The Fosters, if the character is going to be a recurring one, maybe the writers should go in another direction in the relationship.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Not following the show, following this thread to decide if I want to watch an episode (if the moms or other Fosters characters appear) so i cannot say if the mom is a piece of shit or not. I agree with your post, in part. I disagree that addicts don't "love" the drugs more. They NEED the drugs and if they don't have supports to realize how their lives is being controlled by drugs(for example), they will just be going back to them, for whatever reason - and the reasons are many, if they are an explanation for the addiction is debatable and it doesn't really matter once things are out of control. That's literally what happens, things get out of control.

Just in general, not about the character. Since addiction was already done in The Fosters, if the character is going to be a recurring one, maybe the writers should go in another direction in the relationship.

I see what you’re saying. Since addiction has been done on The Fosters before, I do hope they don’t go down the path that addiction made Malika’s Mom the way she is- since she is supposed to be sober now and is still an awful person, no she was just an awful person who used drugs, now she’s an awful person who’s not using drugs. 

• Love 4
On 3/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, alexvillage said:

I don't get the sense that we're going to see much of her. I think Malika's relationship with her brother is the real story and the mom is an obstacle that she's finally truly written off.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I see what you’re saying. Since addiction has been done on The Fosters before, I do hope they don’t go down the path that addiction made Malika’s Mom the way she is- since she is supposed to be sober now and is still an awful person, no she was just an awful person who used drugs, now she’s an awful person who’s not using drugs. 

She's not sober though -- just off the drugs. The implication seemed to be that she still drinks pretty heavily every day, right?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

She's not sober though -- just off the drugs. The implication seemed to be that she still drinks pretty heavily every day, right?

I thought she was supposed to be sober. I could be wrong- I cannot recall specifics. 

Question: Callie's father - can't remember his name - wasn't he an attorney? Has this been mentioned in this new show? It would be interesting to see the dynamics of Callie as an adult and her relationship with him, even if it wasn't a very deep relationship, as far as I can remember.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hi Brandon! Funny seeing you here! Cool seeing him pop up here, although it sucks that apparently things arent perfect in his marriage. Which, yeah kind of saw that one coming. At least he and Callie had a nice conversation, without any creepy "remember how we used to date?" subtext. 

That was a fun episode, although Davia really is a LOT to deal with, I feel like living with her must be exhausting. Her going on and on about her birthday to all of her obviously annoyed roommates was hilarious in how everyone knows someone like that. I especially loved her doing a Davia based trivia game, when half the people playing dont even know her. Come on Davia, move on from married guy! Even if he says he is leaving his wife this time!

Awww Raj is a reformed asshole! Oh that was so hilariously awkward, but now at least Mariana has someone on her side on her team, and someone to post passive aggressive Instagram pics with.

I hope that Callie and Brandon's brother in law make it work for a bit, I like them together. 

Love yourself Dennis! And maybe dont punch people, even assholes! And Alice's ex really is just the master of mixed signals, she seems like the kind of person who strings their ex along or a friend who they know if into them (or both) just for the attention. She sucks, and while it will be hard, I hope Alice gets some distance from her. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Hi Brandon! Funny seeing you here! Cool seeing him pop up here, although it sucks that apparently things arent perfect in his marriage. Which, yeah kind of saw that one coming. At least he and Callie had a nice conversation, without any creepy "remember how we used to date?" subtext. 

That was a fun episode, although Davia really is a LOT to deal with, I feel like living with her must be exhausting. Her going on and on about her birthday to all of her obviously annoyed roommates was hilarious in how everyone knows someone like that. I especially loved her doing a Davia based trivia game, when half the people playing dont even know her. Come on Davia, move on from married guy! Even if he says he is leaving his wife this time!

Awww Raj is a reformed asshole! Oh that was so hilariously awkward, but now at least Mariana has someone on her side on her team, and someone to post passive aggressive Instagram pics with.

I hope that Callie and Brandon's brother in law make it work for a bit, I like them together. 

Love yourself Dennis! And maybe dont punch people, even assholes! And Alice's ex really is just the master of mixed signals, she seems like the kind of person who strings their ex along or a friend who they know if into them (or both) just for the attention. She sucks, and while it will be hard, I hope Alice gets some distance from her. 

I agree with everything you just said, but Davia’s birthday looked so much fun! I don’t drink alcohol but if I did that would be a fun night out, the teams, the trivia, would be just up my alley. 

• Love 3

Watched the episode because I wanted to see how Brandon fits in the story. I think they just wanted to throw more of the Fosters cast in the mix but I agree, he looks good with the beard. Other than that, meh.

I still think Callie has no chemistry with anyone and I blame Maia Mitchell. I never understood the appeal but I had never seen her in anything else, but now I have and don't like her acting. I don't find her romantic adventures appealing and I don't even like the little I saw about her work with the judge. I think the show would be much better if they just gave up on her and explored more of the other residents but since she is an executive director, this is not going to happen. 

I do like how more realistic Mariana's story seems. It is the usual immature young professional stuff, it is kind of annoying for someone as old as me, but I can see it happening. 

Davia is a pain. She IS exhausting.

• Love 1