Type keyword(s) to search

Windy City Rehab - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
24 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Not really. Eggs age in the ovary. There are reasons for wanting younger eggs. Did she say why she was doing it?

Little Iggy was joking. Based on her personality.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 4
(edited)

She said something about preserving her options, for the future.    Not that she definitely wants kids soon, but the egg freezing will give more options, even if it becomes a surrogacy later.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
(edited)
15 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Not really. Eggs age in the ovary. There are reasons for wanting younger eggs. Did she say why she was doing it?

She said she wants her 'own' children in the future, though she is so in love with herself that it is hard to imagine her as a mother. So far only one viable egg retrieved.  Women 38 to 40 should bank 30 eggs to have a 75 percent chance of giving birth to one baby. Women 41 to 42 will have about a 50 percent chance with 30 eggs.  Perhaps she should open her mind to adoption rather than self replication at age 40.5.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2

Well, that was... an episode. Seriously, did she have anything to do with designing that apartment besides kibbitzing in the background and making a couple charcuterie boards and a table with Ari? Oh, yeah. Sconces.

All in all, Alison likes red wine and has a friend named Ken (?). That's all I got.

• Love 4

I did notice that last night they only had the new episode, no marathon of older episodes before the new one ran.    I wonder if the numbers are down for her show?    

I think when they do an afternoon rerun of "Help! I Wrecked My House" before the new episode of this, and not reruning the last episode or two before the new one, I think something's up.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

This show needs to be cancelled now!

I don't understand how it was renewed after the first season, except they taped season 1 and 2 at the same time, and just split them up, and wanted to use the footage.   I'm guessing because of the stop work orders, and permit issues.      I was totally irritated how everything was blamed on the partner. 

How anyone decided to have season 3 is simply beyond my understanding.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

This show is really starting to get unwatchable for me.  I don't care someone named a beer after you (he probably took that tap off after you left).  I don't care about you freezing your eggs.  I don't care about your trip to the homeland.  I don't care about your wine.  This season is focusing so much on Alison instead of her work and it's nauseating.  She has such a huge ego.  If someone that has hired you tells you they don't want something (sconces), you don't push them over and over again until they relent and let you put them in.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Are her eggs even viable?  The only women I know who wear tank tops year 'round in northern climes are suffering from hot flashes. With those long nails and 5" heels, she's not working up a sweat with manual labour. If this show gets renewed, she'll probably be wearing a 8.5 month fake pregnancy belly throughout the season for sympathy.

Edited by deirdra
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2

Newel posts... This season's corbels.

I did like this week's clients. They were dream clients, indeed. Didn't love everything Alison did to the house, but at least it seemed she was the designer this week, unlike last. She improved the house, for sure, but I don't think she did anything to make it special.

• Love 2

We get it, Alison!  You hate red.  🙄  I thought the dark green glass was a poor choice for those two stained glass windows. Yuck.   Did you even ask the owners if they liked the original red?  If they didn’t, did you ask what replacement color THEY would have preferred? 

I hated that uglya$$ kitchen hood.  I didn’t like the overall design or the placement.  Seemed way too high.  

I’d give the overall design a C-.  Wasn’t that impressed with either the exterior or interior.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/11/2022 at 5:34 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've never liked her gigantic range hoods.    Or her generic design choices.  

Why was the ugly hood so high up the wall? Most of the fumes & splatter would spread out before they got there. 

I wasn't a fan of her non-generic light & dark striped butcher block island with waterfall edges either.  It grabbed all the attention but didn't go with anything else in the kitchen or rest of the home, which was not rustic. And then she went on about how cheap it was. I'd rather have the same top as the counters, skipping the waterfall edges if you need to cut costs.  Sure the BB can be replaced later, but it is harder to get an exact match to the counter as time passes.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2

The complete ground up house she did last night, was quite a nice house.  We didn't see the other bedrooms or anything though.   Jealous of the sconces and some of the lighting.

That front gate though!  Will it weather Chicago outdoors?  

I want to like this show more, but I find myself watching a bit, turning it off and watching  more later.  Takes about 3 chunks.  :)

• Love 1

Alison needs to be challenged to design a house without using brass or the color black, and without describing everything as "a moment."

I did mostly like this house. Hated, hated the brick being painted black and that fence/gate combo. The front door opening into the dining room seemed an odd choice, not to mention its distance from the kitchen, but otherwise... The atrium was killer, though I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to Alison since the owner requested one and probably had specifications for it based on what he wanted to grow. This season, I'm not sure how much design of any of these houses can be attributed to Alison. She seems to spend most of her time buying pieces in antique stores. At least, this episode, she gave Kristy a lot of credit for this house.

I guess this is the last episode of the season?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yes, this was the season finale, or series finale.     Next week No Demo Reno comes back.  

My guess is that with the remodels for individual clients, that everything is chosen by the homeowners. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The house sticks out in that mix bag of a block of houses (non descript Chicago bungalow, older four square and then all those apartment buildings).

Would rather be in a more cohesive block.

Forgot to mention, she is using the phrase "most beautiful mantle I've ever used" again.  How many times has she utter those words.

Edited by cameron
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

I actually didn’t mind most of the house this week.  But, did I miss it or did they not show that ridiculous safe in the house reveal?

If they showed it, I missed it, too. There was a lot they didn't show us in this house, i.e. master bath, but this seemed the most egregious omission given the fuss we did see with buying it and getting it into the house. And I'm sure it would've been "a moment" for we viewers.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Fellaway said:

If they showed it, I missed it, too. There was a lot they didn't show us in this house, i.e. master bath, but this seemed the most egregious omission given the fuss we did see with buying it and getting it into the house. And I'm sure it would've been "a moment" for we viewers.

I know they talked about it at the very beginning but did they even show them putting it into the house?  Maybe the owner didn't like it and they didn't put it in (but when why would they show her shopping for it)?

I didn't see it,  I tried to see it when they went down to the bar, and nada.  I think she would have made a big deal about it, if it indeed went in.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KeithJ said:

I know they talked about it at the very beginning but did they even show them putting it into the house?  Maybe the owner didn't like it and they didn't put it in (but when why would they show her shopping for it)?

They didn't show it being moved in, but they did show her and Kristy and the contractor guy discussing it and how the weight of it would have to be dealt with. Considering all the talk it garnered, it's weird they didn't show it in the house. If it didn't go in, why show the talk? It's weird.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Fellaway said:

They didn't show it being moved in, but they did show her and Kristy and the contractor guy discussing it and how the weight of it would have to be dealt with. Considering all the talk it garnered, it's weird they didn't show it in the house. If it didn't go in, why show the talk? It's weird.

Because she craves attention.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cameron said:

Because she craves attention.

I loved how she "stole" the guy's phrase (elec mech or something) and then thought she was a genius for stealing it.

I really can't stand this woman anymore.  I don't know why I kept watching.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Cultural phenomenon called "hate watching".  lol   

It's like all the people who slow down on the highway to get a good look at a terrible car crash. 🤣

• Love 3
On 6/17/2022 at 6:45 PM, Fellaway said:

Alison needs to be challenged to design a house without using brass or the color black, and without describing everything as "a moment."

You forgot corbels and a statement hood. 😜 But I totally agree.

I never watch in primetime, but I like to have HGTV on in the background most days.  Sometimes I run into a Windy City Rehab marathon.  

She is just so unlikeable.  Why is HGTV sticking with her, not only on her own show, but on the competition shows?  Makes you wonder...

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Watching a rehash of Allison in LA episode.  Wish she would stop using the term "sick" when describing how she is going to decorate a room.  You're not that young anymore Allison.  Use grownup terms.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
On 5/5/2023 at 9:12 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Season 4 starts Tueday 23 May.   My question is why?   

I saw an ad for this too and was wondering the same thing.  My DVR says “Alison Victoria returns to her hometown blah blah blah.”

if I didn’t grow up in and around Chicago (and still live in the suburbs) I would have given up in this a long time ago. 

• Like 6
On 5/17/2023 at 11:38 PM, Infiltr8 said:

I saw the ad for new season—she painted something  black….not sure we need another season of black, brass and hood vents…

I think everything in the ad for season 4 is from earlier seasons.  Including the giant range hood with the wooden 'mantle' that was too narrow to use for anything, so they had to widen it.   

• Like 3

Oh, Alison, I absolutely would question my doctor or lawyer if I needed clarification on something they were doing or thought they were leading me astray, so, no, designers don't get that pass either.

It seems like Alison is leaving the hiring, etc. of contractors this season entirely to her clients. I get it. Her clients totally got screwed by that first contractor laying the foundation, though. I hope they can get some recompense for that. Levi broke my heart there. He was the best part of this episode. I got all verklempt at the smile on his face at his wife's reaction to the finished product. He's a keeper.

• Like 4

Episode 2 of the newest season managed to be even less flattering for the legend (in her own mind) of Alison Victoria.  Once again, it's find some antique pieces that don't at all fit together, combine them and, of course, PAINT THEM BLACK.  I did feel very sorry for Levi, who somehow found the worst concrete contractor ever, and suffered through both that and Alison doing her standard practice of taking the original architectural drawings and proclaiming them null and void.  We never did find out how much over budget the rehab went for poor Levi, and I realize that wasn't entirely Alison's fault (and notably NOT her problem), but it certainly put a damper on the entire project.  Sure, it turned out nice (considering AV's involvement), but anything can look nice if you don't mind going over budget and months late.  

Finally, the line about "you wouldn't question your doctor or lawyer, so why would you question your designer" (I'm paraphrasing) hit a new low, even for Alison.

This is a very easy show to hate watch.

• Like 9

The second story addition on the first episode while nice looking, really looked out of place in that neighborhood.  Bet the neighbors were really happy with that.  Didn't feel sorry with that couple bemoaning that they couldn't buy toys for their children, rationing food, borrowing money from Mom, etc.  Welcome to the real world when it's your design decisions that cost all the money.

• Like 4