Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty (2017) - General Discussion

Bort
  • Start Topic

So Michael and Fallon are still going strong and those clips of Liam and Fallon in the shower were some weird fantasy that she had with him and Michael. So in order to continue this deal with Liam’s uncle, she is going to still pretend to be married to him.

So until proven otherwise, I am going to still think Liam is Adam.

Kirby hates Fallon and went to stay with Jeff.

I think I like the new Cristal. I wonder how she meets Blake.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2

I enjoyed the Michael/Fallon scenes. It seems like the actor who plays Michael got more to do and, thus, became less boring for me. Last season, he was good, but because he was given so much of the same material, it became repetitive. So at least here, he's doing something new. Plus the two are engaged! Of course, we still have a dreaded love triangle and unfortunately for me, it looks like Liam won't be Adam like I'd hope. 

Speaking of Liam, it looks like Liam is more interesting too this season. He has a little fire lit under him when it comes to Fallon! 

Blake goes cuckoo crazy at the party. I will say, Blake this premiere is the most I've ever liked the guy. 

I still don't love Alexis, but there was far less of her than last season in the last six episodes she appeared in, so she was tolerable. Last season was Alexis overload. 

New Cristal is ok so far but I definitely need to see more of her motivation.. 

Kirby is an interesting character. She hates Fallon, so I wonder how she's going to try to destroy her, and she's staying with Jeff!

• Love 4

This goofy show. So is there going to be a new Cristal every season? That would be hilarious. And what happened to Monica? Are they replacing her with Kirby?

I don't know about Liam. I still think he might be Adam. I guess we'll know if Fallon ever actually has sex with him. Sleeping with your cousin is one thing but your brother? Yikes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kirby is an interesting character. She hates Fallon, so I wonder how she's going to try to destroy her, and she's staying with Jeff!

The public still thinks Liam is Fallon's husband. Kirby could go after him. And since i still think he is Adam....

8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This goofy show. So is there going to be a new Cristal every season? That would be hilarious. And what happened to Monica? Are they replacing her with Kirby?

I don't know about Liam. I still think he might be Adam. I guess we'll know if Fallon ever actually has sex with him. Sleeping with your cousin is one thing but your brother? Yikes.

We see Monica with Jeff in the scene where the photogs are asking if they consider themselves Carringtons. I LIKE that Kirby has been remolded. Original Kirby was a drip, and there are already so many nice people on this show. We need some more spice.

I am still 100% on the Liam is Adam train. In the original show, Fallon kissed and flirted with Adam before it was revealed he was her brother. Cool call back. And it sets up an interesting dynamic between the Van Kirks and Carringtons-instead of Adam being the poor relation/audience avatar he's even richer and more powerful than the Carringtons. Plus, right now, its like they are casting Liam and the Van Kirks to function how Jeff and the Colbys actually functioned in OG Dynasty, and that's distasteful and dismissive and makes this Jeff and these Colbys feel like tokenism instead of a driving part of the show. At least if Liam is Adam it changes up that dynamic.

I HATED OG Blake but he drove story and was interesting. Last season, Blake ended up boring most of the time. Last night Blake was engaging and, well, screwable. Good change.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Nancy Drew said:

I LIKE that Kirby has been remolded. Original Kirby was a drip, and there are already so many nice people on this show. We need some more spice.

All that OG Kirby really had going for her is her 50 Shades of Grey vibe with Adam.

6 hours ago, Nancy Drew said:

Last season, Blake ended up boring most of the time. Last night Blake was engaging and, well, screwable. Good change.

Yeah, very true. Everyone seemed to up their game a bit this season, as much as they can. (Well, except for James Mackay but I've accepted that he's not getting a new face. Oh, well.)

• Love 2

Who is Kirby?  Where did she come from?!  

I really liked Nathalie Kelly so I didn't like this premiere.....

Also not a fan of looking at Nicolette Sheridan's face, at all..... 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Kirby Anders is Joseph Anders daughter.  In both 1.0 and 2.0 she was semi-raised within the Carrington family, as a child growing up with Fallon and Steven.  In the original version, I believe she was merely sent off to European Boarding school before returning to Denver and then sleeping her way through the younger male cast for 2-3 seasons.  She was portrayed as somewhat meek and wishy-washy. She became unhinged after her father committed suicide and she tried to kill Alexis a couple times before returning to France. 

In the current version, it seems that her father sent her to be raised Down Under after she had lived with the Carringtons in her early years. During one of last season's bonding sessions with Sam, Anders mentioned her.  Sam had no clue about Kirby's past and invited her to the wedding.  She was seen briefly last season in the final moments of the cliffhanger.

• Love 1

Seems that Season Two debuted to similar ratings as Season One (0.2 rating), so I suppose that's the best, most surprising news. Especially since there has been minimal promotion. I thought the season premiere was decent, and the pacing was good.

Other good things:

• Moving ahead 30 days right away (vs wallowing in the fire rubble for an episode)
  • Nicolette Sheridan getting second billing in the credits, rather than special billing at the end with Grant Show (ie "and starring NS")
  • The discharge nurse snarking on Alexis milking the Carringtons for a monthlong hospital stay for smoke inhalation, as Alexis chomps on caviar
  • Alexis arriving at the mansion, and whirring inside on a  motorized wheelchair.
  • Blake, Anders, and Fallon all bonding with Sam at various points
  • Blake revealing the Baby during the CA 100th Anniversary Roaring Twenties Bash
  • Blake revealing that he spent the past 30 days establishing charitable funds/efforts in all the countries that his dead wife had planned for him to visit in last season's finale.
  • Fallon choosing Michael (though I doubt this is the near term end-game)
  • The suddenly very hot looking Hank (AKA Fake Adam), though making him dumber than a rock is odd ("one billion in two days, thats 38 hours!")

Not so-good:

• Nicolette Sheridan trying (failing) to be Lucille Ball.
  • Steven's oddly styled hair, his inability to emote, and his treatment of his beloved spouse as if he were just a mere acquaintance.
  • The homophobic CW pulling away to a long camera shot when the husbands kiss in front of the massive Carrington Pond (unlike the closeups of hetero Fallon and Michael slathering up all over each other in the shower).
  • The mob of Fake Cristals storming the mansion.
  • Fallon "singing" at the CA Anniversary Bash.
  • The dopey "we're still married" plot, probably manufactured on purpose by petite li'l Liam to keep Fallon close.  Won't surprise me one bit if Uncle Max knows the full scoop and is *pretending* as well?   

I am ambivalent about the emergence of Krystal Jennings. ( I am enthralled with the idea of bringing on a new Krystle every season!) It seems that our new Kristal is working in a rehab hospital (?)  Just who exactly is going to be her patient?  Hmmm, no mention was made of Claudia Blaisdell in the season premier.  Has she been shipped off to a new home?  In fact, since no one mentioned her, does anyone even *know* that she was also with Cristal Celia Machado Carrington?   

Whose ashes were those? 

Hmmmm

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
On 10/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Fallon "singing" at the CA Anniversary Bash.

Why is "singing" in quotes? Elizabeth Gillies is a phenomenal singer in real life. 

I thought this episode was hilarious. I knew Cristal's ashes were going splat as soon as I saw her urn on the table and Alexis in a wheelchair. And I loved Alexis's line about "a pre-menopausal woman getting knocked up from a one night stand with a gay man," especially since so many people have commented on Kelly Rutherford's age. 

Sam remains my favorite character, and I loved all his interactions with the family (especially Blake). 

I see they've decided to make Jeff Colby dress like an idiot. What the hell was that suit and hat he was wearing in the opening scenes?

I would pay money to see Fallon, Culhane, and Liam in a "devil's triangle." ?

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I would pay money to see Fallon, Culhane, and Liam in a "devil's triangle." ?

Oh my god, yes! Damn you, Dynasty, for having Fallon wake up just before it was about to get good! Can’t Fallon just keep a harem of hot men? She can make all our dreams come true and do them all in the shower at the same time, for a gratuitously long time.

I’m liking both of Fallon’s guys right now. I hope the show can manage to get through this whole love triangle thing without it becoming super annoying. Culhane is clearly end game. I’m liking how he’s so cool about her having to pretend to be married to another guy.

Kind of a dick move for Liam to be all smirkily “you don’t trust yourself around me” to Fallon. But the guy is so damn charming it still works out okay.

Loved the season premiere! Show came back strong. That 1920s party is the best party on this show yet. Loved that Fallon sang a jazzy version of “Bizarre Love Triangle”. So 80s and so 20s at the same time! Plus it’s the perfect song for the situation she has gotten herself into.

Most LOL moment of the episode: Anders saying “what fresh hell is this?”

"23 skidoo!" Blake is the best Blake.

Edited to add: they should release Fallon's jazz version of Bizarre Love Triangle as an iTunes track or something. I would 100% buy it.

Edited by Bec
  • Love 3

That first scene with Jeff and Monica was oddly staged to me. It doesn't seem they were both there when it was filmed. There was a bit of CGI and camera angle trickery, like when an actor is playing twins in a scene together.

I think Fallon needs to sic Alexis on Adam's aunt Mora. Not that Fallon couldn't take the broad down herself but she probably shouldn't as long as she and Adam are still pretending to be married.

What was with Fallon's kabuki-ish make-up in New York?

Not sure anyone would've fallen for that scam Fallon tried to pull on Van Kirk unless they were drunk or drugged. Apparently the stand-in for Fallon wasn't ever going to speak during the activities? Not bloody likely.

So Melissa actually is pregnant? Something still seems fishy about that situation. Alexis will sniff it out.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not sure anyone would've fallen for that scam Fallon tried to pull on Van Kirk unless they were drunk or drugged. Apparently the stand-in for Fallon wasn't ever going to speak during the activities? Not bloody likely.

Yeah, that was truly ridiculous. If Uncle Van Kirk is actually dead, which he might be though an actor like C Thomas Howell usually wouldn't play such a minor role for only two episodes, then what a whimpering way to go out. Maybe his wife is supposed to actually be the bigger player and he served his purpose here, but the fact that he didn't question when Fallon blindfolded him and then didn't try to speak to her at all during sex was odd. Plus, there's the whole thing about him finding out at any point. Either he would have found out about the lie and their deal would have gone kaput, or he would have told Liam at some point. It would have likely come out, so I didn't find it a very good plan. There was so much that could have gone wrong, and so much that could still go wrong.

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Melissa actually is pregnant? Something still seems fishy about that situation. Alexis will sniff it out.

I knew that she would be, especially the moment Alexis found the fake baby bump, but I'm sure the baby isn't Steven's. 

Kirby vs Fallon was fun to see. I didn't expect it to happen this quickly. 

I'll admit, I didn't see the twist with Blake vs Jeff coming with the toy cars. I laughed when I realized what they had been talking about. 

As for new Cristal, I wonder if her knowing season 1 Cristal is true. I know there's a locket with their photo, so if it is true, what is Cristal truly planning to do with her foot in the door? 

• Love 2

I laughed at the PROPERTY OF JEFF COLBY t-shirt Blake was forced to wear.

I also laughed at Kirby and the rats.

I never really watched OG Dynasty because my mom always had it locked to Dallas (I know they didn't come on at the same time/same day ...and it's also the reason why I never watched the ABC/NBC soaps as a kid...because she always had it locked to CBS lol).  I wasn't really that interested in Dynasty 2.0 until I found out Ana Brenda Contreras was coming on as nuCristal.  I was interested in seeing how she would do because this is her first English-speaking role.  It is true, on the novelas she is always playing the sweet heroine that everyone loves (except the villains, who are always mad because the man they want is always in love with her).  So maybe they're trying to infuse the Cristal character with some sweetness.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3
On 10/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Sam remains my favorite character, and I loved all his interactions with the family (especially Blake). 

That was one of my favorite moments of the episode. 

I wouldn’t put it past Melissa to have invested in a very life like prosthetic tummy.   I need to see some movement or hear a heartbeat!  Actually, no, I don’t.  I’d rather it all all unfold old school. 

The new Cristal looks way too young.  I’m not feeling it.  Kinda grossing me out if she is gonna to make a play for Blake.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, geauxaway said:

I wouldn’t put it past Melissa to have invested in a very life like prosthetic tummy.   I need to see some movement or hear a heartbeat!  Actually, no, I don’t.  I’d rather it all all unfold old school. 

The new Cristal looks way too young.  I’m not feeling it.  Kinda grossing me out if she is gonna to make a play for Blake.

She's way to young looking. She looks younger than Fallon. Seriously, cast a woman born in the 70s! Generation X doesn't exist on this show, and Michael is the only Xennial (although I think the actor is playing younger). 

I'm still team LiamIsAdam. I had no idea Shannon Lucio was going to be on Dynasty! Last week I kept thinking how much the actress playing Kirby looks like Shannon-which is appropriate, I guess, since both women played Alan Dale's daughters. I hope SL and Alan have at least one scene together.

Shannon Lucio looks fantastic! It still pisses me off that they did nothing with her character on the O.C. Oh, and that they had to point out how fat she was compared to perfect size 0 Marissa who could scarf down on In and Out and not gain a pound.

8 hours ago, Nancy Drew said:

Generation X doesn't exist on this show, and Michael is the only Xennial (although I think the actor is playing younger). 

Sometimes I get the vibe that they're trying to play Blake as an older Gen Xer, like someone born in the mid/late 1960's. Both Nicolette and Grant are on that weird border between Baby Boomer and Gen Xer, sometimes referred to as Generation Jones. It's not unreasonable to portray them as having been born circa 1966, which would make them Gen Xers.

I do like Blake a lot more this season than I did the first one. I guess Josh Schwartz gave Grant a pep talk about not looking like a block of wood?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Well...huh. That was a twist. I knew it wouldn't be Fallon when that was supposedly revealed 10 minutes before the actual end of the episode, so I knew it had to have been Steven. And, of course, to absolutely nobody's surprise, Steven is NOT the father. Damn. He's not the real father OR real son all in a span of ten seconds. 

Or, other possible scenario, Alexis is lying about the whole thing because she's covering up some even bigger secret. 

Either way, Steven was not having a good day, after all. After doing some bonding with Blake and making up with Sam, he has his entire life blown up. Not that James Mackay did a good job at portraying the big reveals....well, except for maybe the last two seconds. However, I AM intrigued with how this affects Steven going forward. As long as he doesn't get involved in another political subplot, then I could be interested. 

In other news, Culhane has himself wrapped up in blackmail to protect Fallon. Except he's lying about it which is surely going to piss Fallon off because she's an independent woman who doesn't need protection. I guess it's also to protect himself because he somehow caused this to happen? I missed how that was the case, so if someone could explain, that would be great.

Liam's mom is pretty horrific. I did like learning a bit more about his backstory. I'm still holding on to my Liam-is-Adam theory. 

Oh, and almost forgot to comment on Cristal...because she's really THAT boring. She's clearly done her research on Cristal Florez, because I don't actually think I believe that she knew season 1 Cristal. Maybe I'm just overthinking, or trying to make up an interesting story for her since she's done....jackshit to make me care about her.

Edited by Lady Calypso

This episode was crazy. Poor Steven losing his father and kid in about five second. But I wonder if Alexis ever really did a paternity test. It sounded like Anders was never sure, so he didn't do one. And since Blake never suspected he and Alexis had obviously had sex in the right time period. I did laugh when the woman who's name I forget was all, "Wait, my kid's not gonna be a Carrington heir? Well then you're not the father, see ya."

Alexis is just crazy though. Setting fire to her daughter's room and sending another girl out of the country to protect her secret? When she apparently just took off a couple years later?

• Love 2

Another great episode! This show does not disappoint.  I like what they continue to do each week.  

I actually believed that Alexis lied about the paternity because she was already planning for the baby mama to find out and admit the truth about her baby's paternity.

It would be so cool if this turns out to be the case.  

On 10/14/2018 at 9:30 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Kirby Anders is Joseph Anders daughter.  In both 1.0 and 2.0 she was semi-raised within the Carrington family, as a child growing up with Fallon and Steven.  In the original version, I believe she was merely sent off to European Boarding school before returning to Denver and then sleeping her way through the younger male cast for 2-3 seasons.  She was portrayed as somewhat meek and wishy-washy. She became unhinged after her father committed suicide and she tried to kill Alexis a couple times before returning to France. 

In the current version, it seems that her father sent her to be raised Down Under after she had lived with the Carringtons in her early years. During one of last season's bonding sessions with Sam, Anders mentioned her.  Sam had no clue about Kirby's past and invited her to the wedding.  She was seen briefly last season in the final moments of the cliffhanger.

You're so kind.

Thanks for explaining this to me.

I don't like this season, though, LOL.  Sorry guys.  I think I'll try a few more episodes, but I'm realizing I was a fan of Nathalie Kelly's and the rest of this is, just, uh, not my bag really.

I don't even get what Anders even does.  He just works for the Carringtons?  No relation except for this supposed affair?

Furthermore, yes, Melissa left her scam WAY too fast.  At least check out all the details first to see if Anders was telling the absolute truth/get a DNA match, something.  Why be so committed to the scam only to bail out 1 second after a reveal.  LOL.  So cartoonish.

• Love 1

Poor Steven. Two solid gut punches. At least "his" baby hadn't been born yet so he hadn't fully bonded with him/her. In the age of DNA tests wonder how Melissa thought she'd pull that off in the long run? Someone could easily have run a test behind her back after the baby was born.

I wasn't paying full attention. Is Michael being bribed to be a male escort/gigolo or some kind of enforcer? Doesn't seem like ATL is big enough for that to stay a secret for long.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

In the age of DNA tests wonder how Melissa thought she'd pull that off in the long run? Someone could easily have run a test behind her back after the baby was born.

This is a soap. Faking DNA tests happen left and right.

Liam's longing looks at Fallon are so adorable. #Falliam

I kept waiting for Leo from Charmed to be caught having sex with a dude in this episode. It seemed pretty obvious that he was supposed to be gay.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I kept waiting for Leo from Charmed to be caught having sex with a dude in this episode. It seemed pretty obvious that he was supposed to be gay.

Holy shit. When I first read this line, I was in disbelief and didn't know why I wouldn't have seen Brian Krause in the episode. But going back to the episode, I had NO idea that he was playing Liam's step-father. How could I have missed that? Maybe it was because he had those sunglasses on the entire time. I am disappointed to have not recognized him as an avid Charmed fan. All I knew was that George looked and sounded familiar, but I didn't pay attention to why. 

This episode was so disjointed I had a hard time following it. What's the point of NuCrystal (and the actress gets third billing already)? I don't believe for a second she knew Cecelia/Faux Cristal at all. Don't the Carringtons investigate and vet people?

Is every single woman on this show a bitch? Alexis -- who is supposed to be the grand dame Bitch Queen, so fine. But we also have Fallon -- bitch; Liam's aunt -- bitch; Liam's mother -- bitch; knocked-up senator's wife -- bitch; Monica -- bitch (bitch-lite, really); Kirby -- bitch. And who's the newest bitch that Culhane was getting blackmailed by? Was it the escort's madam? It's unpleasant that there's not a single woman with any layers to her character. However, I must give props to Alexis for this line: "I have to get back and steal Melissa's thunder."

Kirby's actress is just bad. I don't care at all for the character and wish she had stayed back in Australia. 

Really, Anders and Alexis? Why did he admit to having an affair with her? Didn't he just get finished telling her it was a one-night stand? As much as I dislike Steven's actor, I think he did OK with looking like a man whose entire world just came crashing down on him at the end. 

• Love 3

I'm really enjoying season 2 so far. I think they understand, that the tone a show like this needs to have, in order to keep it's audience is 'DIALED UP TO 10 000 ALL THE TIME ALWAYS'. 

Anders and Alexis's affair being revealed was shocking to me. I never thought in a million years Anders would mix business with THAT PARTICULAR BRAND of pleasure when it came to the Carringtons. I mean, yes he's extremely wrapped up in them and their drama but I thought there were some lines he'd never cross. Lol I actually would like to see how that affair went down (no pun intended) in a flashback. 

And it's interesting cause Anders not only helped to raise Fallon and Steven but the show has implied more than once that he basically helped to raise Blake also (when he was 3, I suppose? Cause I don't see that much of an age difference between those two) so this affair with Alexis is a special kind of betrayal, I guess. 

Melissa getting the hell outta dodge when she realized there wouldn't be a Carrington Heir payout for her was hilarious. 

A lot of people seem to give James McKay grief but I find him to be a really likable and talented actor. His face when his entire world came crashing down last episode was really emotional and sad. I felt so bad for Steven. 

And I echo the same complaints about the actress who plays Kirby. I get what they're going for with Kirby, the character, she's clearly the Sammy Jo of this iteration but the actress isn't strong enough to go toe to toe with the likes of Liz's Fallon. In fact, I find that Liz dials back quite a bit when she's in scenes with Maddison. Maybe she doesn't want to completely trounce her when they share scenes.

Finally they're doing something interesting with Cullhane. This has been needed since season 1. I'm very intrigued by this whole arc with him getting tangled up in whatever web he's found himself in. It's going to cause some very much needed dimension to his character and his relationship with Fallon. 

Speaking of relationships with Fallon, Liam and hers continues to endear me. No matter the endgame with those two, Adam Huber and Liz have exceptional chemistry. The scene with them in bed trading childhood war stories was one of my faves of the night. There's a certain basis of friendship that's being built there with that dynamic that's been missing from Fallon's other ships. (And I was a huge fan of Fallon/Jeff. But the show seems to be totally sidelining him so far, which I hate. I hope the Kirby stuff at least leads to something interesting for him since they've saddled him with her.)

And I'm still 70/30 on him being Adam. 70 on the side of I don't think he will end up being Adam cause the show seems to be doing a deep dive/slow burn with him and Fallon and their mutual feelings for each other. I can't see how the show could begin to normalize their relationship as a brother and sister if he's revealed to be her brother at some point down the line.

I mean, Fallon and Jeff barely share scenes now and they were only half cousins who boned......in the south..... The issue with Liam being Adam is that even though he and Fallon haven't had sex, they've been having something even more complicated; an emotional affair. Also I believe that if Liam = Adam, it would be tiresome after the Jeff is a Carrington reveal (and now the Steven is NOT a Carrington reveal) 

Also, Adam on original Dynasty wasn't even meant to be a legit Carrington, but the producers made him one cause they liked the actor so much. So the show now isn't really beholden to that particular choice.

Further, Liam and the Van Kirks seem to be what the OG Colby's were. So maybe Jeff in the new Dynasty = an updated version of Adam w/o all the evilness and Liam = this new Dynasty's take on OG Jeff. I don't know if that makes any sense but it makes sense in my head lol.

But all that being said, I'm 30 on the side of him being Adam cause this show is batsh*t enough to pull anything. And Fallon and Liam never once slipping up and having sex thus far is strange. Maybe they're keeping their options open for the time being. But on the other hand, the show positing him as the other main love interest for Fallon, even on their official social media accounts; only to make him her brother would be less than smart given the ship's following. So I don't know for sure, but I'm here for the ride. 

And finally I'm gonna have to break with everyone on here and say that I am very interested in Nu-Cristal. As much as I loved Nathalie and miss her, I think Ana is ingratiating herself quite well within the show's landscape. She's a seasoned telenovela actress and it shows. I can see her being the sweet and kind heroine who could also snap and get down and dirty with likes of Alexis if need be.

Also I loved the scene between she and Sam when they were speaking Spanish to each other. She and Rafael have good chemistry. Maybe her Cristal can step in as a surrogate aunt for him.  

As I've said before I'm here for the ride. 

• Love 3
On 10/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't like this season, though.......I don't even get what Anders even does.  He just works for the Carringtons?  No relation except for this supposed affair?

In the original, Joseph Anders was the Major Domo of the Carrington Estate.  Basically, that meant he ran the whole operation - the kitchen, the grounds, the staff of 50+. His role helped reinforce that these weren't just rich people, but Really Rich People.  He appeared to be a contemporary of Original Blake John Forsythe.  In the initial seasons, Joseph's main role was to sneer at Krystle and "do everything the Carrington Way" and not the "Krystle Way".  By Season Three (?) he had moved into the opening credits and his mopey daughter Kirby was brought back to the Manor to sleep her way through the male cast.

This time around, we presume that Anders (have we ever heard him ID'd as Joseph Anders?) still runs the entire estate and manages the staff.  Since he is 15 years older than Grant Show, they seem to have made him an original employee of Blake's now-dead father.  This time around, he is much more a part of the Carrington Life -- including raising the new generation -- and not merely an employee.  He also seems much more involved in the business than Original Joseph

I do vaguely recall in the original that Alexis and Joseph hinted at a past affair.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, stormborn said:

And it's interesting cause Anders not only helped to raise Fallon and Steven but the show has implied more than once that he basically helped to raise Blake also (when he was 3, I suppose? Cause I don't see that much of an age difference between those two) so this affair with Alexis is a special kind of betrayal, I guess. 

There are references to Blake's childhood that point to it happening in the 1960's/1970's, which would put him at about Grant Show's age, if maybe a little younger. Alan Dale's in his early 70's, and I'm guessing they're going with Blake being in his early/mid-50's, which is enough of a difference that I can buy the father/son dynamic happening.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Another interesting quote from Anders was to Sam, and it was along the lines of "raising a child not your own." He couldn't have meant Steven, because that would be "not raising your own child." I got the impression Kirby is not his kid. 

On 10/28/2018 at 12:37 AM, stormborn said:

I'm really enjoying season 2 so far...

I agree.  Season Two has been lightyears better than Season One, especially the dreadfully forgettable first dozen or so episodes.  

A couple other random comments:

• We finally meet Dr Nick Toscanni.  In the Original, poor James Farantino thought he was signing on to be a long-term headlining co-star, given nice special billing in the opening credits. The Alexis Steamroller sent him packing quickly.  Here he is introduced as Alexis' lackey right out of the gate, manipulating bad actress seed Kirby in the quickest court-ordered counseling in Georgia History.
  • Still no mention of Claudia Blaisdell.  Does no one yet know that she broke out of the sanitarium, snuck onto the Manor, and was holding CeliaCristal at gunpoint?  Will she turn up in the maternity ward with Melissa ?  Or were those ashes not CeciliaAshes but rather ClaudiaAshes?
  • When I saw Sharon Lawrence in the guest credits, I figured she would be a future foe for Alexis.  Instead, she preens over her adult son, sneaks around her mansion to spy on Fallon, and disregards her current husband's lustful gazes for Miguel the Gardener and her own son?  I guess she is just creepy, not cut-throat.
  • I also am not getting this new Kristal Jennings character.  She seems so random and pointless.  Original Dynasty Krystle couldn't care less about The Carrington Billions.  Yet this Kristal Jennings seems more than interested in being spoiled by it.  When we first saw her, she was obsessing over the Carringtons from her office in a New Mexico (?) clinic?  Is Blake going to buy the place?  New Mexico is a long way from Atlanta.  Is someone going to need private rehab sessions?   I still like the idea of getting a new Cristal/Kristal/Krystle each season.
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:
  • Still no mention of Claudia Blaisdell.  Does no one yet know that she broke out of the sanitarium, snuck onto the Manor, and was holding CeliaCristal at gunpoint?  Will she turn up in the maternity ward with Melissa ?  Or were those ashes not CeciliaAshes but rather ClaudiaAshes?
  • When I saw Sharon Lawrence in the guest credits, I figured she would be a future foe for Alexis.  Instead, she preens over her adult son, sneaks around her mansion to spy on Fallon, and disregards her current husband's lustful gazes for Miguel the Gardener and her own son?  I guess she is just creepy, not cut-throat.

I thought Claudia had driven away with Fake Adam as the fires raged at Carrington manor. He came back, so he or she must have dumped the other (or, more likely, with Cristal dead, there's no more need for Claudia.)

If Liam is really Adam, maybe his mother hates him because he's adopted and she never wanted to be a mother, only giving in to her husband for a child.

If Sam and Steven weren't married, the introduction of the closet gay husband as a rival to their happiness would be hilarious. Then again, it is a soap. 

Edited by SmithW6079

I noticed I used to laugh all the time at the antics that Krystle (Nathalie Kelley) and Fallon got themselves into. I haven't really laughed at anything that has happened since she died.

That mess with Culhane and the blackmail photos is confusing they really need to explain it better.

I'm not enjoying this season as much as Season 1.  

I find I'm missing Cristal 1.0. And if we're going to continue to have Cristals, I second the notion that every season we get a different Cristal to the point that everyone moans when they hear that name and says not again. But shake it up if this show gets a 3rd season and give us a different name spelling, nationality and motive for Cristal 3.0.   

Steven and Sam are sooooo boring.  The storyline and the actors. And neither has any sex appeal. I wish that Blake would tell Steven he could care less if Steven came from the moon,  he loves him, he'll always be his son no matter what. And then Steven can take Sam and decide to go back on a world tour to get away from everything. Replace them with some new characters who sizzle on the screen.  

Alexis is a sociopath. Ok, she was fun last season but the bringing in someone to pretend to be your kidnapped son just for money?  Without any regard to your remaining families feelings? That's just evil. I can't root for someone so evil. And really now, Alexis couldn't trust a 12 year old who barely understands what she might have heard regarding a kids paternity so she ships her off to Australia after making her look like an arsonist (both Alexis and Anders could've said she misunderstood, or sent her on a 2 week Disneyland vacation and it would've all been forgotten) but she trusts a grown man to keep a much more explosive secret that's he's faking being the kidnapped son of a billionaire?   That kid just wanted a mom. If Alexis had smothered her with proper attention and affection and been a mother figure,  I bet Kirby would've never thought to say anything if she ever figured out exactly what she heard. Alexis should be humiliated,  Blake pays her lots more money to go away which she does because she's a money grubbing narcissist.   And every once in awhile be mentioned in passing.   Anders and Kirby and Fallon make up, she gets her crap together and she actually becomes a nicer person. She can then become Anders Junior mojo-domo advising the next generation of Carringtons. 

Then, we need a new super villain. I say Liam finds out he's really Adam.  There can be some backstory about financial troubles, etc, and the Van Pelts needed some big money quick so Liams mom had Adam  kidnapped for ransom and they held him at her house with some story to the family about it being the live in maids nephew or something she had to take care of in an emergency.  The goal was to return the baby after the ransom was paid with the story the maid was resigning to take care of the child full time.  But the maid got greedy and wanted lots more money so they "eliminated" her meanwhile her first husband fell in love with the boy and insisted they "adopt" him not knowing Adam was stolen.   Liam/Adam finds out the truth, hell rains down and he vows revenge on the Van Pelts and throws his money and allegiance in with the Carringtons.  So Mama Van Pelt and others who take her side now become the enemies.   

Think how many more characters/storylines that could be introduced if the villains are not just the Carringtons/Colby's. 

18 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I thought Claudia had driven away with Fake Adam as the fires raged at Carrington manor. He came back....

I had forgotten that.  So I guess those were CristalAshes which crashed to the foyer floor.

I guess Fake Finger-less Adam still has the portrait and is awaiting his $$$$ ?

12 hours ago, tricksi said:

I find I'm missing Cristal 1.0. And if we're going to continue to have Cristals, I second the notion that every season we get a different Cristal to the point that everyone moans when they hear that name and says not again. But shake it up if this show gets a 3rd season and give us a different name spelling, nationality and motive for Cristal 3.0.   

I vote for a Cristal who's actually a hot gay man in his 30's, and manages to seduce Blake to the other side. Now that would be interesting.

• Love 5

Fallon might act like a bitch, but she's a softy on the inside. Why else would she ruin her chances at a business deal with Liam's mother by calling her out on her shit? Fallon's the one I root for, I think she has layers. In fiction, I'm always more partial to her type of character than the boring "nice girls".

Alexis, on the other hand, no layers that I can detect so far. Nor any for NuCristal.

I liked Blake better when he wasn't trying to get with a woman his daughter's age.

Edited by Bec
  • Love 4

That was a fun episode. Focusing on the family, with Culhane/Jeff in their own plot, made for a good episode for me.

I gotta admit, Bitchy Temper Tantrum-Throwing Blake was hilarious, and Anders' reaction to him was great as well. I liked the beginning as well where Fallon was throwing Alexis out of the house. I even liked Steven getting pissy at his family when they showed up in Paraguay. I even chuckled that he changed his mind to go home (temporarily) because Fallon put on a hard hat and tried to lift the wood. And then, of course once the family picked it up, it fell right back down. 

But alas, Steven has gone back to Paraguay and told Sam to stay back because they don't want two main characters gone for the next four to six episodes Steven needs to go find himself. I did enjoy the Steven/Fallon scenes. They make for believable siblings. 

Culhane's stuff isn't particularly interesting because I know his big secret is going to blow up in a big way, but I'm hoping for something interesting to happen. Maybe Jeff getting involved will be fun. I did love Jeff's line, after finding out about Culhane's engagement to Fallon, about there being two black men on the Forbes list. 

No surprise Kirby tried to get Steven pissed at Alexis but Jeff was right; she underestimates Steven. Although I guess he IS gone until the Christmas episode so she partially succeeded, but not because of what she did. 

I still don't get the purpose of NuCristal and frankly, I don't really care. It's like they have had no idea of what to do with her and getting rid of Steven (or because James Mackay is busy during the filming for the next few episodes) was the only way to maybe get her involved more. She legit showed up for one scene here and it was to prop the Blake/Anders storyline. She wasn't needed in this episode at all and it showed that this episode did just fine without her. Kirby is more interesting than Cristal.

If they want to replace Cristal, they had the built in story reason that Cristal was caught in the fire and required plastic surgery which gave her a new face. I don't mind the new Cristal because I enjoy when she and Sam speak Spanish to each other.

• Love 2