Type keyword(s) to search

The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Has he said anything about the Scotland independence referendum?

Nope, not in recent shows. He's commented about it in the past but his response has always been that he doesn't does live there anymore so he's not going to make his opinion public.

Nice to see a new show again, complete with a couple from Transylvania.  You don't see that every day, or maybe ever. Congrats to the wardrobe  people for coming up with a Dracula cape by the end.

I also saw his game show tonight for the first time. I thought he did well as the host, but it's not the sort of thing I would normally watch.

I've reached the age where knowing who's starring in every single TV show and/or movie, or who is in every single band, or who is the latest media whore is no longer a priority in my life, so guessing celebrity names just doesn't pull me in.  I watched the show once, but I wasn't intrigued enough to keep remembering that it was actually on every day.  When I watch the LLS, I've realized that I more likely than not, have never watched any of the TV shows that the guests starred in.

• Love 1

Last night's episode with Joel McHale epitomized what I love - and what I'll miss most - about this crazy show. A great guest, a discussion that ranged from the insane to the sincere, an audience that was having fun with Craig, a sassy Michael, the Secretariat dance, and some property destruction. This one will be staying on my DVR for as long as that box is in my possessions.

This. So much this. And I managed to snag tickets to this taping so I'm a bit irked right now.

Is the final show taping Dec.19, or is it going to be earlier?

Edited by GaryE

Is the final show taping Dec.19, or is it going to be earlier?

It was originally scheduled for December 19 but they changed the day of the taping of the final show to December 18. They'll be taping two shows on the 18th.

I like the idea of Leno being the last guest. The final three weeks are packed with people who are friends of the show, and I look forward to seeing all of them one last time. However, I'm not sure that any of them need the pressure of being the very last guest.  Leno, on the other hand, knows exactly what its like to leave a talk show for the very last time and head off into the unknown.

I think it will work out fine.   

Edited by AVorlon
  • Love 1

Good call dumping the tweets tonight.

Agreed. I've literally been waiting years for that David Tennant interview. It was still too short for my liking but considering the guest lineup I'm glad Craig gave both guests as much time as he could.

• Love 2

Reading the comments to that Deadline article, someone stated that Craig must hate Dave since Leno is the last guest. Why would Dave go to the west coast to appear on his show. He wouldn't. I think they have a cordial relationship and Craig is a lot more famous now than he was when he started the show. And I'm sure he has benefitted greatly from doing this show.

So they're "reaching out to women" only after announcing a plethora of dudes? This, after Aisha Tyler was a fill-in host between Kilborn & Ferguson ten years ago? I'm sure she'd (or, say, Julie Klausner, or Amy Poehler, or many others) be funnier than fucking John Mayer.

• Love 1

Only three weeks of new shows now, and I was sorry to see William Shatner for the last time, and to hear him say that this was his only venue. Now that I think about it, he really isn't on any talk show other than this . He is a great guest, and I'm hoping  that the new host will have him on.  

• Love 1

I used to watch this show a lot but haven't in quite a while for various reasons. I figured Drew Carey and Max Greenfield would be good last night, and it was.

So they're "reaching out to women" only after announcing a plethora of dudes? This, after Aisha Tyler was a fill-in host between Kilborn & Ferguson ten years ago? I'm sure she'd (or, say, Julie Klausner, or Amy Poehler, or many others) be funnier than fucking John Mayer.

"Stay away from John Mayer."

• Love 1

Every time Craig makes that crack about how he's going to walk the earth solving crimes makes me wonder if he's contractually forbidden from acknowledging on air that he's going to host another talk show. It seems odd how it's received no mention.

The joke during Monday night's monologue about the death of the creator of the video game followed by the PacMan death sound had me rolling.

It's hard to believe that Craig's tenure on the LLS is almost finished. His show has become a weird part of my daily routine and it will be odd to not have that there.

Although I've not seen this topic discussed, I'm assuming that this will end Peter Lasalle's involvement in late night TV. It's truly the end of an era.

I can't imagine The Host Whisperer fully retiring and maybe he'll find a new muse around which to build a show. Letterman and Regis Philbin did a segment with him on The Late Show a few weeks back. Reege half-seriously proposed that Lassally produce a new show around he and Dave.

It's going to take awhile to get used to the daily void. I still miss the puppets and they haven't been around much for years.

It has been lovely getting to see some favorite guests these last weeks, though. Carrie Fisher is never boring and I love Craig's interactions with folks like Eddie Izzard & Michael Sheen. Shatner still has Conan but yeah, there was something special about the random weirdness he and Craig could create on the fly.

Alynch, Has there been any news about that rumored deal with Tribune since August? 

As much as i love Craig, that interview w/Kunal was painful.

I didn't think it was too bad. It seemed on par with his other interviews with Kunal, but I doubt the intelligence of whoever thinks Kunal will be a good guest host.

I watched a few episodes today so I don't remember if it was the interview with Sarah Chalke or Rasheda Jones, but Craig alluded that it wouldn't be the last time they would speak in this context. Perhaps Craig is contractually obliged to not say anything, but given the reports, I really think he'll be hosting some type of talk show sooner rather than later.

• Love 1

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Craig can't say anything about any talk show that may compete with CBS, even if its syndicated.

It was interesting to hear tonight that Tim Meadows has been on the show 43 times now. I wonder if that beats Kristen Bell, who used to hold the record but hasn't been on too often in the last four years or so. As she said last week, she was too busy breeding.

Edited by AVorlon

Tim, I'm guessing?, was including all those sketches they used to do, and not just sit down appearances.

Edit- AKA agreeing with alynch.

Edited by GaryE

At least we were promised a horse unveiling.

It looked like we saw the rear last night!

Craig has definitely been alluding to his "new gig" over the last few weeks. Why does it seem to take so long to turn around these shows? Like why did Dave announce earlier this year (before Craig?) but now we have his end date as the end of May sweeps?

I'm really bummed that this week, my two favorite talk-show hosts, Fake Steven Colbert and especially Craig Ferguson, are stepping down. (I know Colbert's replacing Letterman, but that's likely to be a very different show.)  I can't say that I'm a regular watcher of talk shows, even theirs, but when I did, they were hands-down my favorites.  I'm particularly bummed that Colbert's getting, like, a Hero's Farewell in the media, whereas Craig seems mostly ignored. I spent all of last Saturday watching LLS clips on YouTube.  I'll really miss this show. I've made it a point to try to catch all of Craig's and Steven's shows the last two weeks.

Larry King read a particularly sweet poem to Craig last night.  That was so nice.  Larry kept badgering him to talk about his new talk show gig, but it seems that Craig is legally tongue-tied.

I miss those monologues he used to do, where he'd get out there and talk about a single subject for like 10 minutes.  Funny and educational at the same time.

Edited by Lingo
  • Love 3