Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And didn't she also hold up an oar, as if she wanted to throw that at Kristen next? I can't remember if she stopped only because they all started yelling that the beverage receptacle made out of sturdy plastic had hit Kristen. 

Ramona threw the oar at Kristen and split her lip.  She should have been fired then.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Ramona threw the oar at Kristen and split her lip.  She should have been fired then.

The heavy duty plastic "glass" cut Kristen's lip, the oar missed because Ramona was too weak/drunk to throw it far enough (Thank Heavens). That said, Yes, she should have been fired right there and then.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This all happened at Heather's place in the Berkshires, right? Was Luann there? I don't remember her being around, or what her reaction was. Does anyone remember?

Luann was there, but I don't recall her having much of a role in all the nonsense.

I really only remember she was there because the morning of Ramona's PTSD flashback/lack of AC breakdown in the woods she joked that Ramona didn't have to worry about getting accidentally shot by a hunter because she was wearing a bright orange shirt.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This all happened at Heather's place in the Berkshires, right? Was Luann there? I don't remember her being around, or what her reaction was. Does anyone remember?

Yes, it was at Heathers vacation home and Luann was there. I believe it was Luann that found out that Ramona left to attend her friend's party in the Hamptons and they (all of them) filled Sonja in on why Ramona really left. This is also when Ramona used her fathers past abuse to ditch the others for the party in the Hamptons. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, it was at Heathers vacation home and Luann was there. I believe it was Luann that found out that Ramona left to attend her friend's party in the Hamptons and they (all of them) filled Sonja in on why Ramona really left. This is also when Ramona used her fathers past abuse to ditch the others for the party in the Hamptons. 

Because Ramona wanted to go to Molly Sims' party. It was also around the time that Mario started catting around Manhattan and the Hamptons with Kasey, which was making Ramona nuttier than usual.

2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Didn't Tamra douse Jeanna Keanu with wine at a pool party once, too? Add her to the list of competitors. 

Brandi Glanville and Lisa Rinna too.

• Love 4

Didn't Tamra douse Jeanna Keanu with wine at a pool party once, too? Add her to the list of competitors. 

Wine dousing...Andy could make that an event at the new HWs Olympics ;)

• Love 1

If I remember correctly, that was the season that Lu was demoted to a 'friend'.  It was one of her better seasons.  I think she was in a different boat and came over to check out Kristen's lip and said that she was a nurse.  It was a 'real' moment on the part of Lu if you know what I mean. 

Ro was so in the wrong.  She should have been fired between that and the oar threat.  And yeah, Heather's home wasn't up to 'her' standards - remember her having the AC unit delivered.  Then she makes an excuse to leave - the 'forest' reminded her of her childhood but she managed to get to the Hamptons to go to Molly Sims party.  Eye roll....

• Love 13

Oh that's right, I remember now. Luann was very real and took assessing Kristen's injury seriously. That was one of my favorite Luann moments. How could I have forgotten!

Didn't Carol wear some kind of ridiculous frock on a hike in the woods while they were there? LOL and Ramona demanding an air conditioning unit be installed immediately and her fake break down, ha that was a great trip. Way way better than their drunken escapades in Mexico.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh that's right, I remember now. Luann was very real and took assessing Kristen's injury seriously. That was one of my favorite Luann moments. How could I have forgotten!

Luann also outed Ramona as being in the Hamptons at Molly Sims' party because a friend texted Luann a picture of Ramona. Luann produced the photo right in the middle of Sonja defending Ramona. It was kind of glorious. That really was one of Luann's best seasons.

10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Didn't Carol wear some kind of ridiculous frock on a hike in the woods while they were there? LOL and Ramona demanding an air conditioning unit be installed immediately and her fake break down, ha that was a great trip. Way way better than their drunken escapades in Mexico.

The dress wasn't as ridiculous as Carole's vintage silk walking dress in Montana. That was full on foolish.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well....she was an LPN for about 15 minutes 30 years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That still makes her more of a nurse than me, and I'd defer to her in a situation calling for any type of first aid ...

She does keep things cool and usually handles pressure pretty well. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That’s why I said “usually” lol. 

Yeah -- Luann must have been at the end of her rope this last Xmas, because that kind of reaction is completely uncharacteristic of her -- hard to picture her physically attacking someone. Snotting all over them with a Madam Lady attitude ("My good officer, do you KNOW who I am?!! And are you gentlemen from West Palm or Palm Beach!?") and then hitting on them ("Say, you look good in that uniform") and being engaged to the police office within the week ("Once he slapped those cuffs on, I knew he was my forever man!") are all choices I'd buy in a minute because they make Lu-sense.  But the hitting doesn't  -- I've no doubt she did it, but it's out of character for her, imo.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

Actually there were reports of when she was with the Count in the open marriage of her being a wee bit violent when drunk... these were in NY papers in season one and two. No arrests, of course, 

Speaking of arrests, did I miss the discussion on how she turned down a plea deal?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4786416/luann-de-lesseps-turns-down-legal-deal-rhony-star-is-taking-the-chance-despite-facing-massiv/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Actually there were reports of when she was with the Count in the open marriage of her being a wee bit violent when drunk... these were in NY papers in season one and two. No arrests, of course, 

Speaking of arrests, did I miss the discussion on how she turned down a plea deal?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4786416/luann-de-lesseps-turns-down-legal-deal-rhony-star-is-taking-the-chance-despite-facing-massiv/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)

Nothing to miss as this is normal. She wasn't even present in the court for it, she was on the HWs girl's trip. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Nothing to miss as this is normal. She wasn't even present in the court for it, she was on the HWs girl's trip. 

Do you know where they went on their girls trip? I recall that they couldn’t go out of the country because of LuAnn’s arrest. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Just odd there was no mention she'd recently turned down a plea deal. 

Maybe if Bethenny's name had been mentioned in one of the stories about Luann turning down a plea deal it would have got more attention. Just a guess.

Anyway .... so Lu has turned down a plea.  I can't think of any reason she would do so unless it included jail time. Otherwise she should be making this go away.

Maybe the Countess won't get off with just a slap on the wrist after all.

29 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Personally I am hoping for a dramatic, juicy trial!

As much as I would love a juicy trial, too, I can't imagine them taking this in front of a jury. Why would you? There doesn't seem to really be a big factual dispute about what happened . Maybe Luann thinks her fame and/or charm would somehow nullify the wrongfulness of her behavior that night ? 

Uhhh, I wouldn't count on that if I were Luann. Unfortunately her jury will be made up of people from all over Palm Beach County, many of whom have very little patience for the behavior of rich people who think they can do shit and get away with it because they're special. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Because I don't despise the woman, I hope for her sake that she can get this down to parole/community service, but it sounds like they might not be willing to play with her. 

They may want to make an example of her...although I hope not. 

• Love 4

I can see the prosecutors wanting to make an example out of her.  There is probably some pressure on them to show the public that they treated the rich white lady on Palm Beach the same as they would have treated anybody else who hit a cop. And Luann is not a local. She's not politically connected and she doesn't have a bunch of powerful friends to exert influence. So basically the prosecutors can stick it to her as hard as they want without fear of any kind of backlash or repercussions. She's a perfect person to make an example out of, unfortunately for her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

There was also the report that she slapped Tom in a restaurant as their relationship was disintegrating. She denied it on WWHL and said she caressed his face. Later in her one on one with Andy after the divorce news came out, she said she grabbed his face.

https://pagesix.com/2017/07/16/luann-de-lesseps-marriage-is-hanging-on-by-a-thread/

• Love 2

Do you know where they went on their girls trip? I recall that they couldn’t go out of the country because of LuAnn’s arrest. 

Luann received permission from the court.  They went to Colombia.

• Love 5

I'm kind of Switzerland on LuAnn.  I think she can be incredibly obnoxious and entitled.  I think there are moments when she can be a decent friend.  I've thought she was a fairly good mother or at least a better mother than Ramona--I've often thought how much of a saintly kid Avery was to put up gracefully with all that interference and micro-managing.  But it does sound like she can be a mean drunk.  So a sober year might well be an idea for her...

• Love 9
On 12/29/2017 at 1:26 PM, WireWrap said:

Good for Luann taking the advice someone gave her to get help. Also, it seems that she isn't denying the bad/ugly behavior that led to her arrest or making excuses for them. 

Yeah, someone.  Her attorney, her manager, and her press agent.

• Love 3
On 1/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know if they ordered wine or drinks or whatever yet. That's not my point.

I'm saying I don't think it's an accident that the first post-rehab pic of Luann released doesn't show her sitting at a table full of drinks and people drinking those drinks. I think they made a point out of taking a picture before there is any alcohol on the table. 

I think keeping alcohol off the table permanently would be of benefit to most of the women sitting there, to be honest.  Of course that would be the end of the show since it relies so heavily on the drunken antics of its cast. Without the alcohol fueled fights and sexcapades and people falling into the bushes for fodder,  Bravo would have to rely upon things like New York City social life, charity work, fashion, culture, etc. for storylines. I'm not sure the network is up to the task of producing that kind of show. They seem best at pointing their camera at the gutter and just letting it roll.

I don't doubt that Luann needs the paycheck. But to be honest I think she would do the show for free. I would bet that most of them would.

Unless I'm mistaken, no one at that table needs the Bravo paycheck to sustain life.  It's the Bravo camera they require.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:18 PM, biakbiak said:

Was this the same day that theh did the prison themed exercise class or is Tinsley going to be rocking those braids all season?

Braids and pink little girl dresses, no doubt.

52 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Unless I'm mistaken, no one at that table needs the Bravo paycheck to sustain life.  It's the Bravo camera they require.

Braids and pink little girl dresses, no doubt.

You forget Sonja, she does need the paycheck!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I did forget about Sonja.  Freudian.  I'm not a complete buyer of her financial story I must say.  Lives pretty damn well for someone who has no visible means of support.

Not really, she can't heat/AC her whole house, she doesn't have hot water in most bathrooms and her house as a whole is in major disrepair. Other than her Bravo paycheck, the few pennies she got for lending her name to a clothing line that seems to be no more, and whatever child support she gets from her ex now that their daughter no longer lives with her, that's it. She sold her other property(s) to settle the lawsuit (7 million I believe) and hasn't been able to sell the townhouse (which she still has a mortgage on (a big one at that)). I imagine she pinches every penny she can and never has any left over to bank/save. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Not really, she can't heat/AC her whole house, she doesn't have hot water in most bathrooms and her house as a whole is in major disrepair. Other than her Bravo paycheck, the few pennies she got for lending her name to a clothing line that seems to be no more, and whatever child support she gets from her ex now that their daughter no longer lives with her, that's it. She sold her other property(s) to settle the lawsuit (7 million I believe) and hasn't been able to sell the townhouse (which she still has a mortgage on (a big one at that)). I imagine she pinches every penny she can and never has any left over to bank/save. 

Hmm...yeah, that's the narrative we've been given.

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hmm...yeah, that's the narrative we've been given.

Well, that narrative also comes from reliable sources, 1 of them being the courts via her BK and the ensuing lawsuit, which I believe. Oh, and we have a poster here that walks past her townhouse on the way to her job, so she sees/observes things about Sonja's house and fills us in. LOL 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, quaintirene said:

I'm kind of Switzerland on LuAnn.  I think she can be incredibly obnoxious and entitled.  I think there are moments when she can be a decent friend.  I've thought she was a fairly good mother or at least a better mother than Ramona--I've often thought how much of a saintly kid Avery was to put up gracefully with all that interference and micro-managing.  But it does sound like she can be a mean drunk.  So a sober year might well be an idea for her...

Enh, I don't know if I'd say she was a good mother.  I remember Noel whining during Season 1 or so because Lu was going out again and complaining that he never saw her.  She just kind of breezily said that she needed to go out and rolled her eyes about it.  Then there is Victoria...  Broke her arms climbing out of the Hampton's house, if I remember correctly.  I also think there was a DUI in there. Oh, and she got kicked out of her private school.

Ramona might have micro-managed but at least she was involved. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Enh, I don't know if I'd say she was a good mother.  I remember Noel whining during Season 1 or so because Lu was going out again and complaining that he never saw her.  She just kind of breezily said that she needed to go out and rolled her eyes about it.  Then there is Victoria...  Broke her arms climbing out of the Hampton's house, if I remember correctly.  I also think there was a DUI in there. Oh, and she got kicked out of her private school.

Ramona might have micro-managed but at least she was involved. 

Avery graduated from a prestigious university on time. She is an achiever. Ramona did right by her.

• Love 6

hen there is Victoria...  Broke her arms climbing out of the Hampton's house, if I remember correctly.  I also think there was a DUI in there. Oh, and she got kicked out of her private school.

Broke her arms sneaking out for a party yes. There was also a racist video at one point that Luann was very unhappy when anyone (Ramona) mentioned.

Trust me when I say Ramona doesn't impress me as a person, and I continue to be surprised at Avery's accomplishments, I have to remind myself that way back in the day, Ramona was actually quite driven with her own business. I don't think Avery was raised solely to be pretty, I think she was told she would need to earn a living.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

Avery graduated from a prestigious university on time. She is an achiever. Ramona did right by her.

Many may not agree, but I believe Mario deserves some credit, too.  I also think Avery seems to be a delightful, intelligent girl and she deserves a lot of credit.  She could have gone way off tracks, especially being under the (unnecessary) pressure of being in the limelight thanks to her famewhore mother (and father).  It takes a village and a willing participant!!

• Love 12
On 1/30/2018 at 5:10 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Please, for the love of God, tell me she isn't buying into the Siggy Flicker motivational psychobabble.  I will be very disappointed in her if we spot "No 1 Countess" signs throughout her house, or if she redecorates her entranceway with giant photos of herself.

What is a Siggy Flicker?  It sounds like something you'd use to flick your cigarette butts. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

What is a Siggy Flicker?  It sounds like something you'd use to flick your cigarette butts. 

LOL!

Siggy was on RHNJ. A self-appointed relationship expert that brings divorce lawyers, plastic surgeons, makeup artists and photographers for people to consult with at her seminars. She also calls herself a Super Jew, but has shown herself to not follow traditions that one would think a "Super Jew" would strictly adhere to. She is loud, VERY loud, and claims Boca is HER town. Her foyer is filled with giant professional photographs of her, and she has signs all over the house that say things like "No. 1 Family". If you don't agree with her opinion, you're evil, and if you hurt her feelings, she will humiliate you in front of a room full of people, then throw a toddler tantrum on the floor.  She quit because she couldn't handle the backlash for her childish behavior and blamed bad editing to concentrate on her family.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Normades said:

Many may not agree, but I believe Mario deserves some credit, too.  I also think Avery seems to be a delightful, intelligent girl and she deserves a lot of credit.  She could have gone way off tracks, especially being under the (unnecessary) pressure of being in the limelight thanks to her famewhore mother (and father).  It takes a village and a willing participant!!

I agree that Mario also deserves credit.  He was shown (especially in the early seasons) to be a very active participant in Avery’s life.  Quizzing her for tests, dropping her off at school, etc.  

15 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Broke her arms sneaking out for a party yes. There was also a racist video at one point that Luann was very unhappy when anyone (Ramona) mentioned.

Trust me when I say Ramona doesn't impress me as a person, and I continue to be surprised at Avery's accomplishments, I have to remind myself that way back in the day, Ramona was actually quite driven with her own business. I don't think Avery was raised solely to be pretty, I think she was told she would need to earn a living.

I can’t stand Ramona as a person.  I do think both Ramona and Mario stressed to Avery the importance of school and making sure that she was kept out of trouble. Yes, Ramona went out also but I never got the idea that she was an absentee parent.  It never seemed like they had a live-in nanny so I always assumed at least one parent was with Avery when she was younger and by the time she was old enough to be left alone, she already had the values of responsibility and good decision-making set into her. 

• Love 14

Victoria is absolutely Luann's mulligan. Victoria's got the broken arms sneaking out of a party, the racist video, rolling a joint on video, and the DWI. Victoria isn't Josh Waring or Alexa Curtin, but she's not nearly as together as Avery, Ally, or even eyebrows Hannah. Noel seems to have his head on straight.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, Normades said:

He absolutely does.  

• Love 6
On 2/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, Rap541 said:

Ramona is a horrid person and Mario won't be canonized any time soon.  Avery is doomed.  Maybe NYC society is doomed.