Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

There are a myriad things that can fit into that absurd clickbait statement that mean absolutely nothing. It could be anything from snubbing Janelle to using too may Kleenex.

Mykelti is just fishing for an audience.

She wants to make up for being largely ignored by her sperm donor, in earlier years.  I always figured she was not as favored as Maddie seems to have been.

I have no Psych degree, but that's my guess.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Admittedly I am not a Mykelti “fan”. 

It shouldn’t matter what someone asked her, there are multiple ways she could have answered. There was no need to mention the funeral at all, imo. It has made her a hypocrite.

I’m not a fan either.   This is her normal operating process - give just enough info to start tongues wagging.   In this case though - I think publicly distancing  from Robyn and Kody is the best thing for MyKelti.  Their  validation of her behavior  isn’t in her best interest in the long run. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 9
46 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

The show location for the baby sprinkle said "Tony and Mykelti's house Salt Lake City ". When did they move from St George? Or was that just a mistake.?

They moved from that house in  2021. Then they bought the house where the shower was and have since sold that and moved to North Carolina. I think they put Salt Lake as a general area. The house was in Lehi.

• Useful 5
On 9/14/2024 at 7:55 PM, Absolom said:

I wonder what jerk thing Robyn did.  She was probably demanded Kody console as she pretend had hysterics.  

I remember seeing a pic of Janelle on the aisle, then Hunter, then Genielle, then Robyn and then Kody.  It looked like Robyn had her arm around Genielle comforting her.  Maybe Robyn bogarted Genielle and wouldn't let the original family mourn together?  Maybe she was territorial over Grody? Also, not having her kids there was a huge fuck you. Frankly, if Robyn didn't have her kids there and separated all of her family from the OG's family, she could have stayed at home. She and Garrison had no relationship from what I can tell.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I remember seeing a pic of Janelle on the aisle, then Hunter, then Genielle, then Robyn and then Kody.  It looked like Robyn had her arm around Genielle comforting her.  Maybe Robyn bogarted Genielle and wouldn't let the original family mourn together?  Maybe she was territorial over Grody? Also, not having her kids there was a huge fuck you. Frankly, if Robyn didn't have her kids there and separated all of her family from the OG's family, she could have stayed at home. She and Garrison had no relationship from what I can tell.

That was the Nevada National Guard memorial service.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

If Mykelti didn't want to talk about what went on between her and Robyn, why did she then talk about it enough to get tongues wagging?  Either spill it or say nothing.  She didn't have to answer the question.

That said, she was Robyn's staunchest defender.  It must have been bad to turn her against Robyn.

• Like 11
7 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

If Mykelti didn't want to talk about what went on between her and Robyn, why did she then talk about it enough to get tongues wagging?  Either spill it or say nothing. 

That's Mykelti's typical behaviour to attract more Patreon subscribers (not me!).

• Like 12
18 minutes ago, Denize said:

That's Mykelti's typical behaviour to attract more Patreon subscribers (not me!).

She learned from the best scammers, Sobbyn and Kotex. To me, she is the most awful of the OG children because she always puts herself first but forcing everyone else into awkward situations insisting on inviting S&K to family events that they should not be invited to, IMO. If it means that much to S&K then throw her a shower at your fugly mountain mansion.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

When news broke that Kody and Robyn were selling the McMansion and moving, a subscriber (I'm just going to call him "the guy") had a go at Mykelti, on her Patreon.

She was actually at the E.R. with one of the kids at the time, and Tony had to come on at their scheduled time, to say they couldn't do their watch party that night, then chatted for a few minutes. When a subscriber mentioned Kody and Robyn moving, Tony was clearly blindsided by the news, so people provided him with links to the listing for the Flagstaff McMansion.

Anyhow, the subscriber guy later posted a question, asking Mykelti what happened between her, Tony and Kody and Robyn. He accused Mykelti of "leading her followers to believe their family (i.e. Mykelti, Tony, and kids) were close to Robyn and Kody." "Leading to believe" is a stretch, imo, as we've seen them be close on the show.  The guy went one with stuff like, "Now you’re telling us that you don’t know they are moving or what they are up to? Sorry but it doesn’t add up."

When Mykelti didn't reply at first, other subscribers pushed back at the guy. He doubled down and said, "...they are lying once again, like they have done so previously. Previously at least Gwen respected her subscribers enough to say she is not allowed to disclose or comment further due to x reasons, Mykelti and Tony seem to lie just like they did about Leon, Christine and etc."

(I don't know what "lies" he is referencing in re Leon or Christine.)

It was at that point that Mykelti responded. I don't think she said anything out of turn. Since Garrison passed, she has made it pretty clear she doesn't want to talk about the funeral -- that she wants to keep it personal/private to the family.

Here's what she did say:

Hey [the guy] , We try very hard to say what we can , while respecting our families and relationships. We don't lie . To give you some insights . Its true we have always been super supportive of Robyn. Yes lately it may seem as that has changed. There are things that happened during the recent funeral that are the reason for that . We wont be talking about those events. So your not totally wrong . Anyhow , thanks for supporting and watching . Hope this helps a little.

I hadn't kept up with her content all summer. I saw screenshots of the thing on Reddit and decided to check out the Pateron post. It's in the comments at this link, but if you don't subscribe and expand the comments, you won't see it. I felt bad for her. And I didn't feel like she crossed a line. 

I also don't think she was trying to attract subscribers. It was buried in a reply to a reply to a reply. I think she was just trying to get the guy to back off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3

Mykelti mentioning it had anything to do with the funeral bothers me. She said she wasn’t going to speak about anything to do with Garrison, yet she has. She has said they weren’t close.

So now it spirals with assumptions and nonsense. People will come up with all kinds of assumptions about what happened, there will be articles, probably YouTube creators, and certainly snark pages making things up.

She could have just said things happened, I really can’t go into it. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So now it spirals with assumptions and nonsense.

Which is precisely why she did it.  Mykelti is a famewhore chip off the old block.  When attention wanes she will do anything to throw gas on the fire and get it all going again.  Case in point "I won't talk about it" and then.........talks about it. 

It's not at all beneath her to use Garrison's death as a springboard to new subscribers.  Cannot stand her.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Just springing in and one thing I've always wanted to know- has her name every been explained? I mean this is the one and only Mykelti I have ever come across.

Apologies if it's common knowledge and I missed it,and thanks for any clue.

I didn’t watch earlier seasons so I don’t know, but there is this guy…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mykelti_Williamson

If he is the same guy I’m thinking of, I saw an interview with him about 30 years ago. He said that his name is Michael T. Williamson but in the course of signing his name so many times, he realized that he was basically dashing off something that came to resemble “Michalti..” and that’s how he ended up with Mykelti.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
On 9/16/2024 at 8:53 PM, surfgirl said:

To me, she is the most awful of the OG children because she always puts herself first but forcing everyone else into awkward situations insisting on inviting S&K to family events that they should not be invited to, IMO. If it means that much to S&K then throw her a shower at your fugly mountain mansion.

I think that Mykelti was really into her self-given title of "bridge" between her mom, her dad and his....Robyn.  Mykelti was also the one who insisted that Kody and Robyn and their angry spawn come over to wish Christine a fond farewell from Flagstaff, and that turned out to be more contentious than the Jets vs. the Sharks.

Same with inviting them to her baby shower - we have an awkward Kody har-har-har-ing his way through her house and Robyn holding onto the door frame for dear life because she didn't want to "get in Christine's space."

I would like to think that Mykelti does this stuff to force her absentee dad into incredibly uncomfortable situations but I don't know if she has that kind of foresight.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
9 hours ago, Elodia said:

Mykelti Williamson played Bubba in Forrest Gump. I'm sure Christine noticed the name when she saw that movie (because who didn't see Forrest Gump back then) and heard the angels singingk.

Me. I've never seen it (I'm 54). Tom Hanks's voice in the promos drove me nuts; I figured there was no way I could sit through two hours of it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I thought on-line speculation was the Brown's faith believes suicide is murder and K or R brought it up in some way at the funeral.

Really?  Oooh, that’s bad.  But is it total speculation, or is it based on something? 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Me. I've never seen it (I'm 54). Tom Hanks's voice in the promos drove me nuts; I figured there was no way I could sit through two hours of it.

Wow, so bad?  Where I live, all movies are dubbed, and Tom's german voice is actually very pleasant. But now you've made me curious.. 😊

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Same here....I have also never seen Titanic and many other movies that everyone has seen. :)

As for Robyn potentially saying something at the funeral - I can completely see her doing just that.  She has a strong tendency to stick her nose and her voice into situations that are not hers to comment on - as we've seen over these last 47 seasons of this show - and the other wives have let her do exactly that with no repercussions.  Maybe she finally overstepped a firm boundary.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Hee!  I loved his meeting LBJ, and suddenly saying, "Ah gotta pee."  😛

11 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I thought on-line speculation was the Brown's faith believes suicide is murder and K or R brought it up in some way at the funeral.

If that's true, how dare they say that?  😡

• Like 1
(edited)

Another Mykelti is Australian rules footballer Mykelti Lefau, but young enough for his parents to have gotten the idea from Forrest Gump too. Christine needed another odd baby name with a Y in it.

Why don't these parents of 3 buy HEALTH INSURANCE to avoid surprizing bills?  They seem to buy a lot of stuff, so they must have the money.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1